PDA

View Full Version : Thank you CUERO !!!!

CHSVARSITYDAD
12-07-2009, 01:01 PM
To all of Cuero's fans,coaches,etc.... Thank you for all you have done for my child #61 this year. He is truley blessed to be Tyler's center for the last 2 years and to have played with such great friends and athletes in such a great town. Last night about 14 of the boys showed up at the house for bible study and in 4 hours time I heard not one story or complaint about the Gilmer game,so just like they have done all year they were focused on the task at hand. This is our last child to go thru Cuero High School and so far this senior year has been full of some life lessons with some being harder to swallow than others,but Logan realizes now that somethings are more important than football. So thanks to all for your prayers and support of him.God bless the Pargman family and their support.
Good luck To Gilmer and Abilene!
CHSVARSITYDAD

Gobbler Fan
12-07-2009, 01:23 PM
We were the ones blessed enough to have a TEAM like that to watch through the year .

I've learned that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I've learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

I've learned that you can keep going long after you can't

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I've learned that either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I've learned that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

I've learned that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I've learned that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

I've learned that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down, will be the ones to help you get back up.

I've learned that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.
I've learned that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I've learned that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I've learned that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I've learned that you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.

I've learned that two people can look at the same thing and see something totally different.

I've learned that your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you.

I've learned that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you you will find the strength to help.

I've learned that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I've learned that the people you care about most in life are sometimes taken from you too soon

Thank you for the ride Seniors-CP#22-still in our hearts .

12thMan
12-07-2009, 01:31 PM
I was starting a thread at the same time you were chsvarsitydad. Your son is an awesome young man. God has an awesome plan for him!

Here is some of the things I said while you were typing yours......

Gobblers, your unselfish attitude and love for each other is what got you this far in the playoffs. I am so glad that the younger Gobblers that were scout teamers for 4 weeks were their to witness first hand what it takes to win as a team. Words can't explain how proud I am of you guys. I'm not a parent of any of the Gobblers, I just care a lot about this group. I thank God for allowing me to witness you guys gel together and play as hard as you did.

Gobblers, you have a Heart of a Champion. Thanks men!

Remember, allow God to be #1 in your life.

Green Bling
12-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Well said, CHSVarsityDad, GobblerFan, and 12th Man! Something that this Gobbler team needs to know is that from the very first game this year, we fans noticed a difference in this group of young men. We noticed their commitment to and support of one another, their resolve to do their very best, their genuine affection for each other and their drive to excel. These qualities were quietly displayed during each game that they played. There never was any showboating or calling attention to themselves as individuals. I noticed this demeanor immediately, and have heard many in town talk about the same things. There is no way to measure the influence these young men may have on the Gobblers left to continue next year and after. Congratulations not only for a fantastic football season, but also for the lessons you have taught us all.

44INAROW
12-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Well said, CHSVarsityDad, GobblerFan, and 12th Man! Something that this Gobbler team needs to know is that from the very first game this year, we fans noticed a difference in this group of young men. We noticed their commitment to and support of one another, their resolve to do their very best, their genuine affection for each other and their drive to excel. These qualities were quietly displayed during each game that they played. There never was any showboating or calling attention to themselves as individuals. I noticed this demeanor immediately, and have heard many in town talk about the same things. There is no way to measure the influence these young men may have on the Gobblers left to continue next year and after. Congratulations not only for a fantastic football season, but also for the lessons you have taught us all.

what a nice thing to say :) all of you pretty much said it all. :clap:

gobblerfan34
12-07-2009, 04:54 PM
thank you Gobblers for a great season, it was one that we will not soon forget, the desire and heart that all of you played with all year is a great example for us all both young and old

we wish all the seniors the best of luck as they move on after high school, to those returning players we look forward to next season and we will be there to support you 100%

thanks again Gobbler football players and coaches it was a season to remember

GO MEAN GREEN

waterboy
12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
I have nothing but honor and respect for the Gobblers. It's a shame someone had to lose a game like this one, but the Buckeyes have been on the losing end of a few playoff battles in the past, so I know exactly what y'all are feeling. I have no doubt that the Gobblers will be back..........again and again and again....... Hopefully, that state championship will be much sooner than later, but my hope is that it is not at the expense of my Buckeyes.:clap:

Green Bling
12-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Thanks, Waterboy. Kind words from a worthy opponent!!

OldBison75
12-07-2009, 06:50 PM
This post is the exact example of the class of the Cuero program and its fans. Yeah, they might hype thier team and sometimes complain about the calls from refs and coaches-but that is the right of a fan. But, when a parent can write that thier child and them were honored to have been a part of a team and use the teamwork and friendship s gained--that is class. Sometimes you are not the star of the "team", but if you are on a team like this--you are a STAR!!!!!!!!

maroogreen
12-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Congratulations on a great season Gobblers! You were a joy to watch and made it through some tough times before and during the season with class and integrity. I'm sorry that your ride is over, but what a ride it was. it is all due to your hard work and that of your coaching staff.

And to #61, the only freshman student aide in the history of CHS, it has been a pleasure to watch you grow as a man and as a player. i wish you all the best.

CueroDad08
12-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Big Bopper Thanks for being you, You have always been my Buddy and I do want to say thanks for all you have done not only for my son over the years but for all of us. Your the kind of kid any daddy would let there little girl date. Great heart, with a huge smile. I do know Aaron has looked up to you over the years and has seen first hand what a leader is. Again Thanks BOPPER, That was the BEST game anyone could have ever wanted to see. It was a game you could just never sit down and watch. I was on my feet the whole game. Your so lucky to have a mom and dad that love you so much and raised you the right way. Good luck from here on out.

PS you will look really good in "Burnt Orange" next year.

Antec
12-07-2009, 10:26 PM
I knew Cuero would go far in the playoffsa when I saw them beat Bay City which seems forever ago in September at Blackcat Stadium.

Hopefully the two teams will play again next year in non-district

KingRob
12-08-2009, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan34
thank you Gobblers for a great season, it was one that we will not soon forget, the desire and heart that all of you played with all year is a great example for us all both young and old

we wish all the seniors the best of luck as they move on after high school, to those returning players we look forward to next season and we will be there to support you 100%

thanks again Gobbler football players and coaches it was a season to remember

GO MEAN GREEN

:iagree: What a great year for the Gobblers! It was a joy to hear them play, and I look forward to next year!!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

Aesculus gilmus
12-08-2009, 09:35 AM
I had always heard about Cuero all my life and was so thrilled to get to see the Mean Green play finally. We thought maybe this matchup would happen in 2006.

Thanks for one of the most exciting games I've ever witnessed. It literally came down to the last minute. What's even more impressive is I read this Cuero team had only a relatively few starters back from last season. But "tradition never graduates," as the saying goes.

trojandad
12-08-2009, 09:38 AM
tremendously classy and deeply parental posts.....thank you for them.....

wimbo_pro
12-08-2009, 09:44 AM
I have a question for Cuero football fans and players....

Why are you guys always so good? Why dont you ever seem to have a "down" year? Why is it your somewhat isolated town keeps growing big, fast and strong players? Why is it very few teams/towns do the same thing?

And most importantly....

What do we need to do to be like you?

44INAROW
12-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I had always heard about Cuero all my life and was so thrilled to get to see the Mean Green play finally. We thought maybe this matchup would happen in 2006.

Thanks for one of the most exciting games I've ever witnessed. It literally came down to the last minute. What's even more impressive is I read this Cuero team had only a relatively few starters back from last season. But "tradition never graduates," as the saying goes.

it's funny - this could be written by a Cuero fan about Gilmer :) Mutual Respect! :)

YTBulldogs
12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

Why are you guys always so good? Why dont you ever seem to have a "down" year? Why is it your somewhat isolated town keeps growing big, fast and strong players? Why is it very few teams/towns do the same thing?

And most importantly....

They are born with it. Raised and taught it. Dedicated to it. Sleep it. Eat it. It's GOBBLER TRADITION. This tradition makes you succeed no matter the situation before you because you know you have put in the sacrifice over the decades. They don't boast and throw it in your face. They are not cocky. They are what all others want to be.

Some of my best times, is playing Cuero and seeing some good Cuero folks at the games. They really are true folks, and wish the best to opposing teams. See their athletes around town, they will greet you and never flaunt their success against you.

I'm not sure you can be taught how Cuero does it year in and year out. It's just Cuero. But, unlike other successful programs around the state---they do it town wide with class.

I went to their final 3 playoff games. I had my blue "Y" cap on. They knew where I was from. Yet, they greeted me, shook my hand, and thanked me for lending my support of their team. They make you want to support them by their loyality and actions off the field.

My son, who got a cup of coffee on varsity, when called up as a freshman in Yoakum's playoff games, -- has had team success against Cuero from his CYFL career through this year---but, now he is about to face the "GOBBLER TRADITION". Some how, unknown to anyone, your past success prior to playing them in varsity games means nothing. They flip the tradition switch, and go to another level that many schools can never match.

Just pure amasement and a honor to watch the program work year in and year out. If you don't respect them, it's cause you have not played them. They have earned our respect with class.

PS: Don't think I have not thought about moving a few miles south down Hwy 77A.
:thinking:

But, I really believe in this Yoakum batch coming through next few years, and hope we can start our own tradition with class, like our Cuero neighbors.

Corn Cob
12-08-2009, 10:38 AM

And most importantly....

Two Reason: 1) Tradition, and 2 ) Coaching

BTW, great post YTBulldogs!

YTBulldogs
12-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Good point. Having a quality, proven coach helps. I think I've seen one in the last 15 years that didn't really meet the Gobbler standard. That's just my take, they might have liked him.

YTBulldogs
12-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Also, like I said---we here in Yoakum are trying anything to instill some of the Gobbler-like Tradition here in Yoakum. Hired a Gobbler grad as our Superintendent. Now, we are looking at a Gobbler janitor and kitchen aide. :D

Green Bling
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
WOW, YTB! Thanks, man! BUT keep you hands off our staff!:D :D BTW, there are a couple of nice properties up for sale in the CISD, We'd be happy to have you!

maroogreen
12-08-2009, 04:30 PM

And most importantly....

Just my impression from having them in class for years...

I will tell you that Cuero grows freakishly large boys. Typically normal-sized parents give birth to monster children. And I mean that in a good way. I've often blamed the water...

Also, I have witnessed many times the days before a state-level game. There are no nerves, no jitters. They are taught from the cradle that, in secondary school, football is their business and that is how it is approached. They know what is expected of them and they deliver consistently. Over time, I believe that high expectations become ingrained. While the pride of the community rests on their shoulders (and they are fully aware of that), they don't appear overburdened by the fact. I have known many, many players over the years and just adored 99 percent of them. I don't know that that can be said of every high school program. Also, if there was ever a discipline issue, a quick email to one of the coaches fixed that problem quickly. And teachers appreciate that kind of team effort as well!

YTBulldogs
12-08-2009, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by maroogreen
[B]Just my impression from having them in class for years...

I will tell you that Cuero grows freakishly large boys. Typically normal-sized parents give birth to monster children. And I mean that in a good way. I've often blamed the water...

It could be from the large portions given you while the child is in the womb at Don Bravos.:thinking:

Not sure why my son is 5'11 and 220 lbs as a 9th grader. Gotta be those portions.

Cowboy_Up
12-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Interesting thread, my 2 points.

I'm not from Cuero, never lived in Cuero and don't have close personal friends in Cuero. My observations are from afar and what I think I see. Please, if I offend anyone from Cuero I don't mean too as I have the utmost respect for the way you all do things.

First, I just think Cuero understands that strong athletic programs bring a community together and it starts with football. Where else do you get such a large % of your kids, from all different ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds to work together for a common goal? If Cuero didn't have such a strong football background, where else would all these kids have to learn to get along and overcome all the obstacles involved with getting a bunch of teenagers to work together? Cuero ISD understands the importance of athletics. They hire good, experienced coaches/educators to coach their teams. To those who would say that is at the expense of education, I say bull crap. Quality athletics programs are some of the best educational tools we have and it’s too bad so many other school districts are run by people who don't have athletic backgrounds or don't understand the value of quality athletics. In Cuero they get it. And not only do they get it, they demand it, and supply the needed resources.

Second, Victoria ISD doesn't get it. Three athletic programs, Cuero, Calhoun, and Industrial benefit from the fact that Victoria can't get out of their own way when it comes to building quality athletic programs. They seem to have no idea what it takes to build a winning program. If I lived on the west side of Victoria I'd send my kids to Cuero too. That is in no way to say that Cuero is good just because of transfers form Victoria, but they help. And I have no problem with it whatsoever. Kids should be allowed to attend where they have the opportunity to learn and gain the most, be it academics, fine arts, or athletics.

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up

First, I just think Cuero understands that strong athletic programs bring a community together and it starts with football. Where else do you get such a large % of your kids, from all different ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds to work together for a common goal?
Post of the freaking year. When you get the whole community working together, its better for everyone, whether you are a student or the 60 year old dude that runs the local store. Its all about coming together:clap::clap: