PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs/Buckeye Meet 'n Greet!!

Ranger Mom
12-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Who is all planning on the making this game? As of right now, I am planning to be there.

Does anyone know anything about the stadium...is there a good halftime meeting spot??

Does anyone even WANT to meet up???

Old Tiger
12-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Where do they play?

Ranger Mom
12-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Where do they play?

SMU

LE Dad
12-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Who is all planning on the making this game? As of right now, I am planning to be there.

Does anyone know anything about the stadium...is there a good halftime meeting spot??

Does anyone even WANT to meet up??? I was on visitors side in 06 and didn't really go around to other side. I know there is a statue of Doak Walker by the visitor concession area. I believe the concourse goes all away around so either endzone area would be good.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I was on visitors side in 06 and didn't really go around to other side. I know there is a statue of Doak Walker by the visitor concession area. I believe the concourse goes all away around so either endzone area would be good.

I was looking at a picture. I had a hard time telling if there was a walkway around the top level.

It looks like the other endzone is just on a grassy hill.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2009, 12:58 PM
If there is a walkway...maybe between Gates 4 and 5??

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/smu/graphics/ford-stadium-chart.gif

LE Dad
12-07-2009, 01:15 PM
I am pretty sure there is. My kids went to the home side to get food. The area underneath is very large, plenty of room. The white ring between the upper and lower levels is where the concourse is located. You enter the gate into the concourse and then enter the seating area.

ccmom
12-07-2009, 01:24 PM
I'll be there but RM may have to lead me to the M&G. I'm not so good with directions...right DaHop?

DU_stud04
12-07-2009, 01:30 PM
:1popcorn:

LE Dad
12-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I'll be there but RM may have to lead me to the M&G. I'm not so good with directions...right DaHop? LOL, that diagram is from a different view point or something. I swear the open end is opposite end of stadium. It is all well marked so can probably pick a gate and meet there.

DaHop72
12-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I'll be there but RM may have to lead me to the M&G. I'm not so good with directions...right DaHop? :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Old Tiger
12-07-2009, 01:45 PM

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/smu/graphics/ford-stadium-chart.gif I've been to a HS game at this stadium the best place would be between gate 1 and 8. Its open and I think its scoreboard side.

rangerjoe33
12-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Royse City played Denison there last year in the first round of the playoffs, the crowd (Home/Visitor) is seperated once you are in the stadium from what I remember...

It might be different with it being a State Championship game, but you can't really get around once inside, they had it roped off...I would plan on meeting before the game at the south end of the stadium, or in front of the stadium.

Also, parking can be difficult, there is a parking garage very close to the stadium on SMU's campus that should be accessible, just took a while to get out after the game.

pirate4state
12-07-2009, 02:05 PM
I will be there. Just tell me where to go. Oh wait, we'll probably be together! :D :D

j_dog
12-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Does anyone even WANT to meet up???
We all want to meet Ranger Mom. I have met Panther Mom, p4s, and now 44. Now want to meet Ranger Mom. Unfortunately, I will not be able to go to this game. :(

met 66 also, but that is another story! :)

eagles_victory
12-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I will be there. Just tell me where to go. Oh wait, we'll probably be together! :D :D :clap: take pictures please, maybe even a video :D

sinton66
12-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
We all want to meet Ranger Mom. I have met Panther Mom, p4s, and now 44. Now want to meet Ranger Mom. Unfortunately, I will not be able to go to this game. :(

met 66 also, but that is another story! :)

LOL, you met me more than once, you just don't remember.:D

squid
12-07-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm not so good with directions

only a woman would say that, you'd never get a man to say it.....

j_dog
12-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
LOL, you met me more than once, you just don't remember.:D
just meant that you are in a whole nother class! :D

blowfish
12-07-2009, 10:18 PM
I will be at this game... I havent been able to go since the Breckenridge game. I dont think I will be able to get to the M&G. I am planning on getting there an hour and a half ealryI figure it may take me that long to walk to my seat.