PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tx Challenge, what do you think about Auburn '10?

big daddy russ
12-07-2009, 02:04 AM
I'm getting a little excited. We'll miss Ben Tate and Tommy Trott, Antonio Coleman, and Walter McHoldin' but will actually have some home run threats on the offense for the first time in a while.

Kinda stoked to see what McCalebb turns into. We also get Mario Fannin, Terrell Zachary, and Darvin Adams (I like this kid) back along with 4/5 of the OL and all but four on defense.

As much as I like Neil Caudle, I'd love to see Chizik roll out Tyrik Rollison to run this offense. Imagine what it'd look like with an athlete in the gun. And between Rollison, Caudle, and Kodi Burns, plenty of options at QB.

Tx Challenge
12-07-2009, 10:45 AM
No doubt we will be better. Tate is a big loss though.

I don't know what to say about Burns. At first, I thought he was going to be a sensation at the college level like Young or Vick. Seems he never has gotten on track. He has talent galore. Maybe he will hit stride this year or position change?

Totally with you on Rollison. I think I have mentioned that before. I didnt feel we hit anywhere near full tilt on offense, even though that was really not the issue.

Still going to be reserve on my predictions. That West is still going to be tough next year. That said, I do expect us to make some noise. We made a lot more progress this year than I thought we would. Chiz is going to get us there no doubt. I think he has a few adjustment still to make in his staff.

Really if you look back at this year, we were not far from winning 2-3 more games. I mean we shoulda beat Ga and Bama...But shoulda, woulda, coulda do us no good.

big daddy russ
12-07-2009, 03:06 PM
I thought our youth showed in that Georgia game and losing against Kentucky hurt, but I liked the foundation that Chizik built and I love Trooper Taylor jumping around on the sidelines like a nut.

Yeah, Burns has been a huge bust to this point. Five-star QB out of HS, turned into a great athlete who can't throw the ball out of the pocket. I like what they're doing with him now, though. Sending him out wide, using him in the Wildcat, etc, etc.

Message board fodder says that the coaches like Rollison a lot. Caudle's probably the best pure QB we have on the roster (hell, he was a four-star prospect out of HS himself) and will probably win out, but Rollison excites me.

big daddy russ
12-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Wow, just read that Rollison got suspended for the bowl game. He's in his redshirt year, wonder if this affects his chances of competing for the starting spot going forward?