PDA

View Full Version : UT being exposed or Nebraska coming out party?

big daddy russ
12-07-2009, 01:50 AM
I just finished the Big XII Championship (had to DVR all of yesterday's games because I worked this weekend) and can't help but wonder if that was a Cornhusker coming out party or just Nebraska exposing Texas.

Thoughts?

cshscougar08
12-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I just finished the Big XII Championship (had to DVR all of yesterday's games because I worked this weekend) and can't help but wonder if that was a Cornhusker coming out party or just Nebraska exposing Texas.

Thoughts?

Well I think it was a little of both. Texas was definitely exposed that it doesn't handle a very good defense well. Same thing happened against us. It certainly wasn't a coming out party for the Nebraska offense. Although it did what it needed to do to win the game. Stupid kickoff out of bounds. The Nebraska defense has been doing that all year so that was no surprise to me personally.

c-town_balla
12-07-2009, 02:23 AM
We were exposed in a way that a all-time great DT such as Suh can destroy our game plan and make our offense ineffective. So unless bama's cody starts running a 4.8 and gets a whole lot more body quickness I don't expect us to be exposed again.

big daddy russ
12-07-2009, 02:24 AM
double post

big daddy russ
12-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Well I think it was a little of both. Texas was definitely exposed that it doesn't handle a very good defense well. Same thing happened against us. It certainly wasn't a coming out party for the Nebraska offense. Although it did what it needed to do to win the game. Stupid kickoff out of bounds. The Nebraska defense has been doing that all year so that was no surprise to me personally.

I'm a little of both, too. I kinda got the feeling that UT has one huge homerun threat on offense, another playmaker in McCoy, but not much beyond that. And you won't get by with that too often with this Nebraska squad.

I think the Huskers under Pelini will be scary good in two years.

Originally posted by c-town_balla
We were exposed in a way that a all-time great DT such as Suh can destroy our game plan and make our offense ineffective. So unless bama's cody starts running a 4.8 and gets a whole lot more body quickness I don't expect us to be exposed again.
He won't. But he'll still command double- or triple-teams and is the second-best DT in the nation with a much better defense surrounding him.

statewide
12-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Aggies exposed TU, I got so tired of kissing my lips were sore we scored so much.
Nebraska followed the Ag's game plan and almost pulled it off, would have if it had been a 60 minute game without the extra second.

Bama will roll.
Roll Tide Roll.

c-town_balla
12-07-2009, 09:05 AM
So Nebraska ran a completely different offensive scheme that didn't work at all and stopped us as many times in one quarter than y'all did all game.

Yeah. Nebraska followed the A&M game plan to moral victory success.

Emerson1
12-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Exposed might be the stupidest saying in sports.

People say it, yet have no idea what they even in mean. Texas was not "exposed". Suh, the most dominated DT in the country, did what he always does and helped in sacking Colt 9 times.

If Bama has a player as good as Suh, which they don't, Cody isn't as good, then maybe you can say the interior of the Texas line was exposed.

Anyone who says they were exposed and doesn't say why is just an idiot. BDR is the only one who has said how they were exposed. This goes for the same people who said it after the a&m game.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by statewide
Aggies exposed TU, I got so tired of kissing my lips were sore we scored so much.
Nebraska followed the Ag's game plan and almost pulled it off, would have if it had been a 60 minute game without the extra second.

Bama will roll.
Roll Tide Roll.

This makes no sense..Aggies stayed in the game with Texas because they could score, but could not stop Texas....Neb stayed in the game because they could stop Texas, but they themself could not score

so explain..how did NU follow the Aggie game plan?

Mace Griffin
12-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Must not get much action from the significant other if thats the case. Sorry man I hope it gets better.

SintonPirateFan
12-07-2009, 10:22 AM

Bama will roll.
Roll Tide Roll.

ignorant statement....should be expected coming from an aggie. always looking for excuses. "extra second" would mean it was a 60:01 game. as they clearly showed in the replay, the ball hit the ground with one second remaining. typical whiney ag, looking for anything to cheer about--since they can't cheer about WINNING.

and if your lips were sore from scoring on 39 points....you must not be used to kissing.

GreenMonster
12-07-2009, 10:28 AM

Bama will roll.
Roll Tide Roll.

That is not at all what I viewed. Aggies tried to get in a shootout, just ran out of bullets. KO return nailed their coffin shut. Nebraska tried to keep Texas pinned deep and let their defense and kicker win it for them. Pelini was smart and tried to just keep hanging around and hanging around and hoped to have a shot in the end. Unfortunate the kick off went OB and had the horsecollar which was a little suspect. Too much subjectivity in that horsecollar call.

themsu97
12-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Suh is a monster and it shows what one man in the right place can do... he was phenominal...

Kirkendall missing the homerun ball hurt as well...

It was a Nebraska coming out party...Pelinni finally has his defense playing the way it should...Nebraska is now again a force to be reckoned with

themsu97
12-07-2009, 10:32 AM

Bama will roll.
Roll Tide Roll.

sorry about that... maybe next time you will not bring your sister/cousin/ girlfriend...

vet93
12-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Ignorant post....there was no correlation between these two "game plans" except for maybe a good effort. I am an aggie fan and Texas won both games because they did what they needed to win the game. I was very proud of the way the Aggies played against the Longhorns Thanksgiving...it appears that their future is bright if they can continue to improve particularly on defense. I think that what many people are failing to point out is that Texas was able to win two different games in two ways...they won a shootout with A&M against a very potent offense and they won a grind it out defensive struggle against Nebraska. Not many teams in the country can do what Texas did on consecutive games. Certainly, Bama will be the favorite in the championship game because of the way that they dismantled Florida, but do not count Texas out of this game. In bowl games the winner is more often the team that is mentally prepared instead of the team that is more talented. If Bama approaches this game like USC did in 2004 and thinks that they are going to walk all over Texas...then they will lose the game. If they enter the game with the same mindset as they did for the Florida game, then I think that they will beat Texas. This Texas team while not perfect is the most complete team in our conference and teams like the Aggies need to aspire to have a similar team that can beat you with either offense or defense.

Bama will roll.
Roll Tide Roll.

Bullaholic
12-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Ignorant post....there was no correlation between these two "game plans" except for maybe a good effort. I am an aggie fan and Texas won both games because they did what they needed to win the game. I was very proud of the way the Aggies played against the Longhorns Thanksgiving...it appears that their future is bright if they can continue to improve particularly on defense. I think that what many people are failing to point out is that Texas was able to win two different games in two ways...they won a shootout with A&M against a very potent offense and they won a grind it out defensive struggle against Nebraska. Not many teams in the country can do what Texas did on consecutive games. Certainly, Bama will be the favorite in the championship game because of the way that they dismantled Florida, but do not count Texas out of this game. In bowl games the winner is more often the team that is mentally prepared instead of the team that is more talented. If Bama approaches this game like USC did in 2004 and thinks that they are going to walk all over Texas...then they will lose the game. If they enter the game with the same mindset as they did for the Florida game, then I think that they will beat Texas. This Texas team while not perfect is the most complete team in our conference and teams like the Aggies need to aspire to have a similar team that can beat you with either offense or defense.

Much sense and well said, as usual, Vet93...

I will add that Nebraska did indeed play the game of their lives and Texas did just enough to win. Not making excuses for the Longhorns, but no way did they have as much motivation to win this game as NB, and it showed on the field. Agree also, that if the UT team that played NB shows up against 'Bama---it will not be pretty, but if they get fired up by the "underdog" role, and feel they have something to prove, they could win.

GreenMonster
12-07-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't think Bama can send in 7 DB's and count on their d-line to get enough pressure to keep Texas bottled up all night like Nebraska was able to do. Nebraska's DB's played out of their mind as well, but the d-line pressure on the pass and ability to sniff out the run was the biggest factors in Saturday's Big 12 Title game. I think the biggest thing Nebraska exposed was that it's damn hard to find an open receiver against 6 or 7 DB's in less than 4 seconds. Arizona was able to do the same thing to the Vikings' Brett Favre last night. Favre had not thrown an INT in over a month but threw a couple last night and they shut down Adrian Peterson almost completely. If a defense can get pressure out of their front 4 and stop the run at the same time any offense is in deep deep trouble.

Keith7
12-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Texas was exposed by the No. 9 defense in the country.. Have fun against the No. 2 defense in the de facto national championship lol.. And yes Cody on his best days can be every bit as dominating as Suh and something tells me he's not going to overlook this game

Bullaholic
12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Texas was exposed by the No. 9 defense in the country.. Have fun against the No. 2 defense in the de facto national championship lol.. And yes Cody on his best days can be every bit as dominating as Suh and something tells me he's not going to overlook this game

You're still "high" because the Eagles won yesterday...:D

Many said the same things about USC against the 'Horns in the 05' NC game, Keith...

Keith7
12-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Many said the same things about USC against the 'Horns in the 05' NC game, Keith...

Yea and if it weren't for the refs allowing Vince Young to pitch the ball when his knee was down, that might have been a different story

Bullaholic
12-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Yea and if it weren't for the refs allowing Vince Young to pitch the ball when his knee was down, that might have been a different story

Keith 7--"King of Denial". :D

Old Tiger
12-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Neither?

Daddy D 11
12-07-2009, 01:34 PM

I sure hope a player doesn't overlook the national championship game that he has a month off to think about everyday.

eagles_victory
12-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Suh 11 sacks Cody 0

Suh tackles 71 coming into the Texas game thing he had 11 that game so 82 Cody 24.

Cody doesnt even play 3rd down unless short yardage all he is a run stopper on first and second down which if you havent noticed Texas doesn't exactly run the ball well against air so I don't see Cody having near the effect the Suh had in the Big 12 championship game.

NastySlot
12-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Much sense and well said, as usual, Vet93...

I will add that Nebraska did indeed play the game of their lives and Texas did just enough to win. Not making excuses for the Longhorns, but no way did they have as much motivation to win this game as NB, and it showed on the field. Agree also, that if the UT team that played NB shows up against 'Bama---it will not be pretty, but if they get fired up by the "underdog" role, and feel they have something to prove, they could win.

what? if nebraska played the games of their lives they would have won....but you have to play offense to have chance to win.......the horns had no motivation to win?...it was a championship game with a chance to go to the national title game.

no one ever plays the games of their lives and loses...and no team shows up to a game with as much as saturday's game had riding on it and has no motivation.

Texas as an underdog?????they have just a much a shot of winning the title game as bama....and just much a chance of routing bama.

imo texas underestimated the nebraska d ( and they hadn't seen a d as good as neb)...and also running wild against the aggies last week didn't help the horn cause...seen it many times as player and coach.......one week everything goes right and the next there is a little let down...........horns will win...with a month to prep......said it before im a betting man and i will take the horns....but if the championship was this weekend i would take bama.

Bullaholic
12-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
what? if nebraska played the games of their lives they would have won....but you have to play offense to have chance to win.......the horns had no motivation to win?...it was a championship game with a chance to go to the national title game.

IMO, NB could not have played any harder than they did.
Not so much, UT. The only other conclusion would be to agree with the UT haters that UT is not that good this season and got "exposed"--you want to go there?

Texas as an underdog?????they have just a much a shot of winning the title game as bama....and just much a chance of routing bama. [/B]

UT may not be an underdog to 'Bama to you, but after Saturday's games--I can promise you, they will be. BTW--I'm a UT fan who also believes that UT can beat 'Bama for the NC---but only if they play like a NC team.

STANG RED
12-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Exposed might be the stupidest saying in sports.

People say it, yet have no idea what they even in mean. Texas was not "exposed". Suh, the most dominated DT in the country, did what he always does and helped in sacking Colt 9 times.

If Bama has a player as good as Suh, which they don't, Cody isn't as good, then maybe you can say the interior of the Texas line was exposed.

Anyone who says they were exposed and doesn't say why is just an idiot. BDR is the only one who has said how they were exposed. This goes for the same people who said it after the a&m game.

I dont see why you always get so bent out of shape over the word "exposed".:confused:

Seems to me the word is pretty self explanitory. Always seems pretty clear to me, what someone is talking about when using the word.

Bullaholic
12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot

no one ever plays the games of their lives and loses...and no team shows up to a game with as much as saturday's game had riding on it and has no motivation.

Texas as an underdog?????they have just a much a shot of winning the title game as bama....and just much a chance of routing bama.

imo texas underestimated the nebraska d ( and they hadn't seen a d as good as neb)...and also running wild against the aggies last week didn't help the horn cause...seen it many times as player and coach.......one week everything goes right and the next there is a little let down...........horns will win...with a month to prep......said it before im a betting man and i will take the horns....but if the championship was this weekend i would take bama.

Looking back now, nasty--I think I was wrong on the motivation part---I think UT did have more motivation to win this game---they just did not seem to grasp it for some reason.

JasperDog94
12-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Too much subjectivity in that horsecollar call. First let me say that I am not a fan of the horsecollar rule. I understand why they have the rule, I'm just not a fan of it. But people want to see high scoring games so they make more and more rules to help offenses out. (That's another subject for another day.)

Secondly, that was a textbook horsecollar tackle. The defender reached inside the collar and pulled Shipley down from behind. There have been several over the past couple of years that are questionable, but that certainly wasn't one of them.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
First let me say that I am not a fan of the horsecollar rule. I understand why they have the rule, I'm just not a fan of it. But people want to see high scoring games so they make more and more rules to help offenses out. (That's another subject for another day.)

Secondly, that was a textbook horsecollar tackle. The defender reached inside the collar and pulled Shipley down from behind. There have been several over the past couple of years that are questionable, but that certainly wasn't one of them.

Honestly..the horse collar tackle was not added to help more scoring..it was added to prevent injuries

Emerson1
12-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Had the refs ruled correctly on an interception by Texas, USC would have not scored on one of their drives either.

Emerson1
12-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I dont see why you always get so bent out of shape over the word "exposed".:confused:

Seems to me the word is pretty self explanitory. Always seems pretty clear to me, what someone is talking about when using the word.
Just because 1 team had a good game against someone doesn't mean they exposed them as some kind of fraud.

Perfect example. A&M exposed Texas. Yet, Nebraska could only muster out 4 field goals even when handed a short field every time.

cshscougar08
12-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
It was a Nebraska coming out party...Pelinni finally has his defense playing the way it should...Nebraska is now again a force to be reckoned with

Nebraska's defense has played like that all year except for the Tech game.

cshscougar08
12-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Perfect example. A&M exposed Texas. Yet, Nebraska could only muster out 4 field goals even when handed a short field every time.

And what does that tell you?

A. A&M has a good passing offense that showed the Texas secondary to be less than impressive when the offense is clicking on all cylinders.

B. Nebraska has a very crappy offense.

Nebraska didn't expose the Texas defense in any way and no one here has said that. What Nebraska did do is show that a dominant defensive line can overpower the Texas O-line fairly well. A&M raised some questions on the capability of the Texas secondary.

cshscougar08
12-07-2009, 06:28 PM
And had no one seen the Nebraska defense before Saturday night? They were playing their style of football. Sure it may have looked "out of their minds" due to past history, but I assure you that that was just Blackshirt defense.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 06:31 PM
And what does that tell you?

A. A&M has a good passing offense that showed the Texas secondary to be less than impressive when the offense is clicking on all cylinders.

There are not many defenses in any level of football that will be able to shut down a GOOD TALENTED offense when it is hitting on all cylinders

cshscougar08
12-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
There are not many defenses in any level of football that will be able to shut down a GOOD TALENTED offense when it is hitting on all cylinders

I think if you call yourself a good defense you do find a way to at least limit the production.

bobcat4life
12-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Texas cannot handle a good defense that is physical. It showed against Nebraska and Oklahoma. Physical defenses give them trouble.

Emerson1
12-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Texas cannot handle a good defense that is physical. It showed against Nebraska and Oklahoma. Physical defenses give them trouble.
Yet, they are 2-0

GrTigers6
12-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Texas cannot handle a good defense that is physical. It showed against Nebraska and Oklahoma. Physical defenses give them trouble. If they couldn't handle them then how did they win? fact is they find a way to win. Just like in 05

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 06:49 PM
So agianst A&M Texas showed they could win a shootout...agianst Neb they showed agian they can win a physical game...in back to back weeks...and this for some reason seems to be a bad thing

cshscougar08
12-07-2009, 06:51 PM
So agianst A&M Texas showed they could win a shootout...agianst Neb they showed agian they can win a physical game...in back to back weeks...and this for some reason seems to be a bad thing

It's bad because Alabama has a complete package. A&M was all offense and Nebraska was all defense. Texas has barely squeaked out two wins in a shootout and a defensive struggle. Against the complete thing, I don't think they can win.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 06:57 PM
It's bad because Alabama has a complete package. A&M was all offense and Nebraska was all defense. Texas has barely squeaked out two wins in a shootout and a defensive struggle. Against the complete thing, I don't think they can win.

No it is considered bad because it happened the last two games..Alabama has had their OH crap games just like Texas has..Bama spent majority of season basically relying on Ingram and D, their passing game was crap..now McElroy has two good games and people are acting like Bama can now throw for 400 yards.

Bama is no more the complete package than Texas is..both have good strong points, both have weaknesses

statewide
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Aggies exposed TU with a bunch of freshman full of HATE for the orange.

Roll Tide Roll

Emerson1
12-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Aggies exposed TU with a bunch of freshman full of HATE for the orange.

Roll Tide Roll
They also exposed Texas in 05 when they kept it to within 11. Texas also had no chance then either in the NC.

bobcat4life
12-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Yet, they are 2-0
only because oklahoma and nebraska would both struggle to score against the 3ADL members if we created a team

cshscougar08
12-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Bama is no more the complete package than Texas is..both have good strong points, both have weaknesses

This is true but I see Alabama with less weaknesses than Texas. And why wouldn't we be more worried about it down the stretch when it matters most? Plus Alabama had a large OH CRAP game just last week.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 07:27 PM
This is true but I see Alabama with less weaknesses than Texas. And why wouldn't we be more worried about it down the stretch when it matters most? Plus Alabama had a large OH CRAP game just last week.

Your right Bama did, yet that has been forgotten about

Why am I not worried about down the stretch? Because there is a 32 day break between this weekend and the title game. Any mo gained, or mo lost IMO is almost null and void

cshscougar08
12-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Why am I not worried about down the stretch? Because there is a 32 day break between this weekend and the title game. Any mo gained, or mo lost IMO is almost null and void

I agree on that one. I feel that's why Ohio State was so terribly flat in their last two national championship game appearances. They had over 40 days both years to rest and relax and get lazy.

sinton66
12-07-2009, 08:57 PM
I agree on that one. I feel that's why Ohio State was so terribly flat in their last two national championship game appearances. They had over 40 days both years to rest and relax and get lazy.

Nice excuse, but the other team had the same amount of time, no?

cshscougar08
12-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Nice excuse, but the other team had the same amount of time, no?

No they had at least two weeks less to be lazy. Closer to three.