PDA

View Full Version : True Winners

NateDawg39
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Boise and TCU are the real winners I think. I can see this game being better than that Bama and Texas match.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Boise and TCU are the real winners I think. I can see this game being better than that Bama and Texas match.

I think they are the big losers..played last year in bowl...whoever wins simply beat another small conference opponent and will still not get respect

TheDOCTORdre
12-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39

how are they the real winners? No matter which team wins, no one will care because they did not defeat a team from a "big conference"

NateDawg39
12-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think they are the big losers..played last year in bowl...whoever wins simply beat another small conference opponent and will still not get respect Im thinking in terms that it is POSSIBLE, that Bama COULD destroy Texas or vice versa and a cry for a somewhat fare way of getting these teams to play will be implemented...thats just wishful thinking of course

NateDawg39
12-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Well, then TCU and Boise just need to keep winning next year and hope they are in the top spots for a chance, just like FLorida, Bama, Texas and every once in a while Oklahoma does

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think they are the big losers..played last year in bowl...whoever wins simply beat another small conference opponent and will still not get respect Agreed.

lostaussie
12-06-2009, 09:33 PM
for TCU to play in mythical NC they gonna have to win like 26 in a row...............and thats not right

ivchris
12-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Maybe it should be mandatory that each BCS team winner has to schedule a BCS winner in their upcoming year's schedule. Decided by their ranking at the end of the season/bowl games. Each bowl game winner would have to schedule a bowl game winner and each loser one of the losers.

NastySlot
12-06-2009, 10:01 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for both and their conferences.

trojan37
12-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Take the winner from the 12 different conferences and go to a playoff and let them duke it out.

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Take the winner from the 12 different conferences and go to a playoff and let them duke it out.

Dumb idea because in some divisions you have more than one national title contender.

Conferences don't matter, if you do away with the BCS every fan in america will get to see great matchups every week because teams can risk playing other great teams. Then at the end of the year take the average of the AP and coaches poll and seed the top 16 teams. Done. Higher seed is the home team and the final 4 and national championship game is hosted in different cities each year. Problem solved:D

bobcat4life
12-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Dumb idea because in some divisions you have more than one national title contender.

Conferences don't matter, if you do away with the BCS every fan in america will get to see great matchups every week because teams can risk playing other great teams. Then at the end of the year take the average of the AP and coaches poll and seed the top 16 teams. Done. Higher seed is the home team and the final 4 and national championship game is hosted in different cities each year. Problem solved:D
average the polls and seed the teams? so the BCS now will choose the tournament teams instead of the national championship game?

Inmateboss
12-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

:2thumbsup

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
average the polls and seed the teams? so the BCS now will choose the tournament teams instead of the national championship game?

No, a private firm/company will do the mathematics on averaging the two polls together and then the 1 plays the 16 and so on. Come on now:thumbsup: LOL