PDA

View Full Version : The REAL National championship game

NateDawg39
12-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Because the title of the game is the national championship...Does anyone else find it rather mind numbing to here people say the Bama and Tebow match up was the real one? :cool:

trojan37
12-06-2009, 09:02 PM
I think it's stupid and still don't understand why people start 50 different threads about the same topic.

NateDawg39
12-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I think it's stupid and still don't understand why people start 50 different threads about the same topic. That time of the month?

trojan37
12-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
That time of the month?

No, just don't understand it.

NateDawg39
12-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
No, just don't understand it. I thought it might be that time of the month

NastySlot
12-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Because the title of the game is the national championship...Does anyone else find it rather mind numbing to here people say the Bama and Tebow match up was the real one? :cool:

I think comments like that are b.s.................there are actually people on this board that make comments like that about high school games....ie a semi final or early round match up being the real title game.......it's b.s.

good thing is i haven't seen it this season.

statewide
12-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Weren't they the #1 and #2 team?
Now we have to watch #3 get a shot?
I didn't say it was the real game but seems to me to be a legitimate point, especailly after watching TU the past two weeks.

NateDawg39
12-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by statewide
Weren't they the #1 and #2 team?
Now we have to watch #3 get a shot?
I didn't say it was the real game but seems to me to be a legitimate point, especailly after watching TU the past two weeks. But isnt it about the two teams who can last the longest and stay in the polls? And i watched Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn and LSU give Bama and Florida a hard time. So it is safe to say the Aggies, Tech and Oklahoma and Nebraska were just the equivalent.

BullsFan
12-07-2009, 12:15 AM
BCS isn't the greatest system (to say the least), and there are lots of people bitter that their team didn't do so well. (As I have learned in spades lately on my FB.) So I try and ignore it.

BUT...sometimes the two strongest teams are both AFC or NFC, and you never hear people say, "Well the REAL Super Bowl has already been played." It's the system. It's what we're stuck with. And the REAL championship game will be played in a couple of weeks in Pasadena.

Old Tiger
12-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I think comments like that are b.s.................there are actually people on this board that make comments like that about high school games....ie a semi final or early round match up being the real title game.......it's b.s.

good thing is i haven't seen it this season. Swear to go Forney is the second best 3a team ever!

Emerson1
12-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Swear to go Forney is the second best 3a team ever!
What he said

----

And Florida showed they weren't the #2 team when they lost by 19 to the only good team they played all year.

cr180t
12-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Or is it the CIncy TCU game.