PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo

WHS02
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
I think for Dallas to have a legit chance in going deep into playoffs and maybe the super bowl they have to get another qb besides Romo. Yea he has his good games but if you want to be an elite team you need to have a good qb who is a leader. ie..New Orleans,Indianapolis colts..etc.etc.

NateDawg39
12-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
I think for Dallas to have a legit chance in going deep into playoffs and maybe the super bowl they have to get another qb besides Romo. Yea he has his good games but if you want to be an elite team you need to have a good qb who is a leader. ie..New Orleans,Indianapolis colts..etc.etc. No we will rely on Wade and his lack of facial expressions to get through the big games

WHS02
12-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
No we will rely on Wade and his lack of facial expressions to get through the big games

:clap: :clap: :fnypost:

yoe64
12-06-2009, 08:51 PM
despite all the other times us cowboy fans have blamed Romo for the 3 other losses, this one wasn't his fault. With the exception of the time he overthrew a wide open Roy Williams. Defense and special teams was at fault in this one.

trojan37
12-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
No we will rely on Wade and his lack of facial expressions to get through the big games

He had a new one after today......

http://s3.funtasticface.com/SAVES/09/12/6/d37107d9c61334212ab.jpg

Trashman
12-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Romo didn't loose this one....the whole team did. They tried to phone this one in from the airport and it didn't work. Never does. Looks like this December is going to be a repeat of Decembers past.:rolleyes:

Barney Stinson
12-06-2009, 09:16 PM
For a second I thought this thread was about me... ;)

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
I think for Dallas to have a legit chance in going deep into playoffs and maybe the super bowl they have to get another qb besides Romo. Yea he has his good games but if you want to be an elite team you need to have a good qb who is a leader. ie..New Orleans,Indianapolis colts..etc.etc.

No has a leader? Really? 55-51 as a starter..1-2 in the play-offs?

I love Brees..Great qb but lets not say he is a great leader just yet

XtremeCouture
12-06-2009, 09:20 PM
he does the chants during pregame. he is a leader. he just needs a supporting cast.

formermbcouns
12-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by yoe64
despite all the other times us cowboy fans have blamed Romo for the 3 other losses, this one wasn't his fault. With the exception of the time he overthrew a wide open Roy Williams. Defense and special teams was at fault in this one.

I agree. I blame Romo a lot but he played pretty good today.

injuredinmelee
12-06-2009, 09:31 PM
I have heard so many people today that all seem so shocked the cowgirls choked today. How can you be surprised? Its the same coach, the same mediocre qb, and joke gm/owner.

Looking4number8
12-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
He had a new one after today......

http://s3.funtasticface.com/SAVES/09/12/6/d37107d9c61334212ab.jpg

:clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
12-06-2009, 10:03 PM
I am a big big Romo fan but I sure would be looking at the draft for a super star. Is the kid from Alabama a senior? He has not lost a game he started since the 8th grade. He is from South Lake Carrol and I think his pappa is a big shot for the Cowboys. Sounds like a place to look to me

Emerson1
12-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I am a big big Romo fan but I sure would be looking at the draft for a super star. Is the kid from Alabama a senior? He has not lost a game he started since the 8th grade. He is from South Lake Carrol and I think his pappa is a big shot for the Cowboys. Sounds like a place to look to me

hahahaha

DDBooger
12-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
hahahaha think he was being serious :D

Old Tiger
12-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Tony Romo is now 5-9 in the month of december.

eagles_victory
12-06-2009, 10:32 PM
392 for 3 touchdowns and 0 ints and getting blamed for the loss I love to put losses on Tony but come on... Giants the first time sure, Broncos no doubt, Packers maybe, today no way in hell.

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
392 for 3 touchdowns and 0 ints and getting blamed for the loss I love to put losses on Tony but come on... Giants the first time sure, Broncos no doubt, Packers maybe, today no way in hell.

Comes with the territory,QB takes the most of the heat.

eagles_victory
12-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Comes with the territory,QB takes the most of the heat. I understand but how can you blame Romo today he made one mistake the entire game. You say before the game Romo is going to get you 392 yards and 3 touchdowns I know Ill take it.

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 10:44 PM
I understand but how can you blame Romo today he made one mistake the entire game. You say before the game Romo is going to get you 392 yards and 3 touchdowns I know Ill take it.

Big stats don't always win you games, it is key plays like missing wide open Roy Williams in the 4th quarter. Look at Manning's stats, not big but a W.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Big stats don't always win you games, it is key plays like missing wide open Roy Williams in the 4th quarter. Look at Manning's stats, not big but a W.

So..as long as you win because ur Special team gets u 7 points..you dump a pass off to a RB who takes the 3 yd pass and goes 72 yds for the score it means you played well?

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
So..as long as you win because ur Special team gets u 7 points..you dump a pass off to a RB who takes the 3 yd pass and goes 72 yds for the score it means you played well?

All about the W's, that's what everyone remembers and wants.

eagles_victory
12-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Big stats don't always win you games, it is key plays like missing wide open Roy Williams in the 4th quarter. Look at Manning's stats, not big but a W. What about Eli throwing away points by making a terrible decision on Jenkins INT?

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 10:52 PM
What about Eli throwing away points by making a terrible decision on Jenkins INT?

He got his team a W.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 10:53 PM
All about the W's, that's what everyone remembers and wants.

So wait

when 2 teams play..You will pick the winning QB even if he was 11 for 25 (44%) 2 TDs 1 int over a 75% completetion rate 3 TDS and 392 simply because the qb who played bad won that game?

Sorry but even though the perception is a QB decides all wins or losses, it simply is not true..Seen many QBs play like crap and win and many play amazing and lose. TEAM game simple as that

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Hey hookandladder,

Romo can't control that his defense suck, his offensive coordinator sucks and his head coach sucks.

Romo also can't control punt and kick coverage.

coach
12-06-2009, 10:55 PM
the same ppl that blame romo for todays loss are giving vince yong a pass on today...it just proves my statement earlier that 90% on this board have no idea what they are talking about and are completely and uterly stupid

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
So wait

when 2 teams play..You will pick the winning QB even if he was 11 for 25 (44%) 2 TDs 1 int over a 75% completetion rate 3 TDS and 392 simply because the qb who played bad won that game?

Sorry but even though the perception is a QB decides all wins or losses, it simply is not true..Seen many QBs play like crap and win and many play amazing and lose. TEAM game simple as that

Let's not get off subject, we are talking about Romo. You have your opinion of him and i have mind, he has to prove he can win being a gunslinger. I do not think he can, defenses in the NFL are to good.

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by coach
the same ppl that blame romo for todays loss are giving vince yong a pass on today...it just proves my statement earlier that 90% on this board have no idea what they are talking about and are completely and uterly stupid

We get your point, you are really smart. Got it. I just wrote it down. :thumbsup:

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Hey hookandladder,

Romo can't control that his defense suck, his offensive coordinator sucks and his head coach sucks.

Romo also can't control punt and kick coverage.

Funny a year ago or two Garrett could do no wrong, now he knows nothing. Now I will agree HC sucks.

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 11:00 PM
I do not think he can, defenses in the NFL are to good.

Yeah NFL defenses are so good they "hold" him to 400 yards and 3 TDs.

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Funny a year ago or two Garrett could do no wrong, now he knows nothing. Now I will agree HC sucks.

What I think it was, and it took me 2-3 years to figure it out also is that romo isnt the problem. I always thought he was and I was wrong. It's taken time but Garrett was always the problem but romo keeps getting the blame.

Yes people will say well Garrett doesn't throw the interceptions romo does. Well, every week Garrett puts the entire offense in horrible situations where it is more difficult to succeed.

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah NFL defenses are so good they "hold" him to 400 yards and 3 TDs.

All yards came against the bend but don't break defense, it work for New York today. I am a Dallas fan been one for years, just do not like Romo's Passing style. Pretty good taste in Women though.

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Well they obviously broke 3 times.

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 11:23 PM
What I think it was, and it took me 2-3 years to figure it out also is that romo isnt the problem. I always thought he was and I was wrong. It's taken time but Garrett was always the problem but romo keeps getting the blame.

Yes people will say well Garrett doesn't throw the interceptions romo does. Well, every week Garrett puts the entire offense in horrible situations where it is more difficult to succeed.

You would think a Pro coach would know better than to do that every week. Come on now, that seems reaching a bit.

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Bottom line your a Romo fan, me not so much, Time for me to start planning our next La Grange Tailgate party in Midlothian. Been cooking before every game, think this weekend just beer. Go Leps.

statewide
12-06-2009, 11:53 PM
I was at the Washington game and I can tell you I have seen many many 3A high school quarterbacks that are much more accurate than Romo. He is excellent at padding his stats. 3rd and 15, he'll take the 12 yards they are willing to give him but that does not help the team win, down by two TD's with one minute left, he'll slip one in as the opponent knows the game is in the bag and is coasting a bit. He does not make the throws when it counts to get you past that yellow line on our TV screens. He is an all star against bad teams, against good teams, he pads the stats and seems to care less if we win or lose. He is very average at best. He is better than a couple in the NFL, but worse than the majority, although he looks better on paper. The original post is right, the others have been watching too much ESPN. Unitl Romo is gone or completely turns his play around, you will not see a superbowl involving Dallas other than the one being played in their stadium.

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Romo is just the one getting all the blame because it's easiest.

It starts with the number 1 problem and that's Jerry Jones. Because of who he hired as coach we now have an incompetent staff and a QB that isn't put in good situations.

There is no way in hell romo has the time to sit there and think gee it is 3rd and 15 and that guy is short of the first down... I think I'm going to throw it to that guy. It is human freaking nature to hit the wide open receiver IF he is available. Tell you what.. next time you get tickets to the game, call me. I will find someone that can go sit in that seat that possesses an inkling of a brain.

statewide
12-07-2009, 12:01 AM
I give up on you Daddy11, If I'd known you were on this thread, I would have stayed quiet, getting to the point, you can't give an opinion without being called names, I'll back out.

Daddy D 11
12-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Bottom line your a Romo fan, me not so much, Time for me to start planning our next La Grange Tailgate party in Midlothian. Been cooking before every game, think this weekend just beer. Go Leps.

I am not a Romo fan. I am simply choosing to look beyond the surface. Which many obviously cannot do. Numbers don't lie, the man can obviously hit open receivers and put points on the board so why aren't the Cowboys winning??? It is because of other mitigating factors. I.E: Schemes, defense, special teams, preparation, leadership in the locker room. There is not a single leader on that defense except MAYBE Brooking and this is only his first year in that locker room. And on the offensive side maybe Witten?? Hell I don't know. You can't expect Romo to just be this Napoleon like leader.

Daddy D 11
12-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by statewide
I've forgot more about the game than you know. At the Washington game we had uncovered receivers but Romo knew who he was throwing it to before he left the huddle. I'd call you next time but doubt you could afford my seats.

I could afford the roof over your head and then have the money to level it and build another.

SintonFan
12-07-2009, 02:07 AM
41-55, 3 TDS and no ints for Romo.
He didn't lose this game.

lol
Romo haters are homo GAYtors!

If you wanna say the last sentence is stupid, well alright! It was meant for those who might be offended by it.:p :p :D

GrTigers6
12-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Romo played one of his best games. The biggest problem with the offense is Garrett will not throw the ball deep to back off the 8 man fronts. Then the defense who have played well the last several weeks blew it today and then you add the special teams.
The Giants set up to stop the run and they did. But Garrett did nothing to loosen that up. That is coaching! Phillips is too much of a friend and not enough hard nose coach that makes his team adapt to the situations of the game. Yeah they blew the lead but the offense came back and got it back only for the defense to give it right back. Ten they seemed lost the rest of the game.
SHOW SOME FIRE WADE! It will filter down to the players

hookandladder
12-07-2009, 10:19 AM
I am not a Romo fan. I am simply choosing to look beyond the surface. Which many obviously cannot do. Numbers don't lie, the man can obviously hit open receivers and put points on the board so why aren't the Cowboys winning??? It is because of other mitigating factors. I.E: Schemes, defense, special teams, preparation, leadership in the locker room. There is not a single leader on that defense except MAYBE Brooking and this is only his first year in that locker room. And on the offensive side maybe Witten?? Hell I don't know. You can't expect Romo to just be this Napoleon like leader.

You make valid points however one other thing I do not see in Romo other than being slinger is his inability to be a leader of this team. The really good QB's in Pro football are leaders of their team, not just on offense the hold team feeds off their QB. They don't take a vacation trip before a playoff game, now that's bush league and also the HC's fault.

Mace Griffin
12-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by statewide
I give up on you Daddy11, If I'd known you were on this thread, I would have stayed quiet, getting to the point, you can't give an opinion without being called names, I'll back out. You don't know anything you're the same guy who said A&M took the heisman from Colt when he put up a game against them that has only been duplicated 2 other times in college football history.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 10:24 AM
The really good QB's in Pro football are leaders of their team, not just on offense the hold team feeds off their QB.

I think this is one of the most overblown things in sports..the QB is the leader, the team feeds off of him and so on. I dont know why or where it got started, but for some reason people think EVERY team looks to their QB for guidance and leadership and no one else

Dont take this as me saying a Qb cannot be a leader, because yes they can, but teams can be good without their QB being the only leader or THE leader of the team

Pick6
12-07-2009, 10:38 AM
The really good QB's in Pro football are leaders of their team, not just on offense the hold team feeds off their QB.

I do remember Ray Lewis and the rest of that defense feeding off of Trent Dilfer during their Super Bowl run :rolleyes:

hookandladder
12-07-2009, 10:41 AM
I think this is one of the most overblown things in sports..the QB is the leader, the team feeds off of him and so on. I dont know why or where it got started, but for some reason people think EVERY team looks to their QB for guidance and leadership and no one else

Dont take this as me saying a Qb cannot be a leader, because yes they can, but teams can be good without their QB being the only leader or THE leader of the team

Do you think Peyton,Brady,Ben, Troy, Terry B., Joe M., all lead their teams to Super bowl victories. I think so.

Mace Griffin
12-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Do you think Peyton,Brady,Ben, Troy, Terry B., Joe M., all lead their teams to Super bowl victories. I think so. Peyton won one and played extremly subpar that playoffs. Peyton Manning has been a below average quarterback throughout his playoff career.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Do you think Peyton,Brady,Ben, Troy, Terry B., Joe M., all lead their teams to Super bowl victories. I think so.

I think they were part of a team that had MANY leaders

I bet the Steelers team of the 70's had just as good of leaders on the D side as Terry Bradshaw

I bet the Patriots had some dang good leaders on both sides of the ball

see my point?

Great teams dont look to ONE leader, they have a group of leaders.

Farmersfan
12-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Romo played one of his best games. The biggest problem with the offense is Garrett will not throw the ball deep to back off the 8 man fronts. Then the defense who have played well the last several weeks blew it today and then you add the special teams.
The Giants set up to stop the run and they did. But Garrett did nothing to loosen that up. That is coaching! Phillips is too much of a friend and not enough hard nose coach that makes his team adapt to the situations of the game. Yeah they blew the lead but the offense came back and got it back only for the defense to give it right back. Ten they seemed lost the rest of the game.
SHOW SOME FIRE WADE! It will filter down to the players

Almost every single passing formation and passing play has a receiver going deep. Dispite what some of the geniuses on here think it is a matter of our QB not making the proper decisions quick enough to execute the play or making a quality throw when he does read it correctly. I have seen wide open receivers down field hundreds of times and Romo never sees them because he is either getting rushed or has fixed his attention on a short route. This offense has WAY too many patterns designed to go accross the field at the 5 yard mark when they need 10 yards for a first. Wade (Stillwell) Philips has a "We take what the defense gives us" attitude and isn't smart enough to realize that the defense is designed give us only enough to cause us to lose the game. All the problems on this team start with the attitude of the owner and trickles all the way down to the water boys. As much as I hate the Eagles I have to applaud them. They had some veterans who weren't getting it done and they benched them. Now we will watch the Eagles make their annual Dec run and watch the Cowboys fall off the map while Wade makes a bunch of stupid excuses for Romo's 60 QB rating and get pissy with the media for asking questions about the past. It's the annual exercise in futility in Cowboy country all over again!

BTW: Nobody has talked about Romo going to Vegas over the holiday! Not home! Not to spend time with family! VEGAS!

hookandladder
12-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I think they were part of a team that had MANY leaders

I bet the Steelers team of the 70's had just as good of leaders on the D side as Terry Bradshaw

I bet the Patriots had some dang good leaders on both sides of the ball

see my point?

Great teams dont look to ONE leader, they have a group of leaders.

I would have to disagree with you and Boomer and the rest of the ESPN guy's would to also I would say when the Ravens won it all, Ray Lewis was the leader because they won with defense. So their has to be a main leader and most of the time it is the QB, he takes the good with the bad just like the coach.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 10:53 AM
I would have to disagree with you and Boomer and the rest of the ESPN guy's would to .

Sorry but "media" experts dont hold sway over me. I think there are alof of things in sports that get overrated and overblown..One of them is the QB MUST be the leader of the WHOLE team for that team to have success.

GrTigers6
12-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Almost every single passing formation and passing play has a receiver going deep. Dispite what some of the geniuses on here think it is a matter of our QB not making the proper decisions quick enough to execute the play or making a quality throw when he does read it correctly. I have seen wide open receivers down field hundreds of times and Romo never sees them because he is either getting rushed or has fixed his attention on a short route. This offense has WAY too many patterns designed to go accross the field at the 5 yard mark when they need 10 yards for a first. Wade (Stillwell) Philips has a "We take what the defense gives us" attitude and isn't smart enough to realize that the defense is designed give us only enough to cause us to lose the game. All the problems on this team start with the attitude of the owner and trickles all the way down to the water boys. As much as I hate the Eagles I have to applaud them. They had some veterans who weren't getting it done and they benched them. Now we will watch the Eagles make their annual Dec run and watch the Cowboys fall off the map while Wade makes a bunch of stupid excuses for Romo's 60 QB rating and get pissy with the media for asking questions about the past. It's the annual exercise in futility in Cowboy country all over again!

BTW: Nobody has talked about Romo going to Vegas over the holiday! Not home! Not to spend time with family! VEGAS! Thats my point their plays are designed to be short with one reciever going deep but notr designed to fool the defense as in double pump, hitch and go etc. even I can cover a reciever running straight down the field especially with a safety helping.
And where do you get 60 passer rating for Romo? He has been over 100 for several games now. Exept green bay I believe.

hookandladder
12-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Thats my point their plays are designed to be short with one reciever going deep but notr designed to fool the defense as in double pump, hitch and go etc. even I can cover a reciever running straight down the field especially with a safety helping.
And where do you get 60 passer rating for Romo? He has been over 100 for several games now. Exept green bay I believe.

Pretty sure the passer rating is for December, where championships are won. That's the problem, deal with it.

crzyjournalist03
12-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Pretty sure the passer rating is for December, where championships are won. That's the problem, deal with it.

Funny...I've never actually seen a Super Bowl played in December...

Farmersfan
12-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Thats my point their plays are designed to be short with one reciever going deep but notr designed to fool the defense as in double pump, hitch and go etc. even I can cover a reciever running straight down the field especially with a safety helping.

Romo's December passer rating is in the 60s and all his numbers are right in the worst in the league in Dec. We don't know about Jan because he can't get us there!!!

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Romo's December passer rating is in the 60s and all his numbers are right in the worst in the league in Dec. We don't know about Jan because he can't get us there!!!

actually his numbers are 76 rating with 17 TD 19 ints in Dec..still bad..but I doubt THE WORST in the league

hookandladder
12-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Funny...I've never actually seen a Super Bowl played in December...

He may need to get his passer rating up in Dec. to ever get to a Super Bowl, you think. Romo has not seen a Super Bowl in Dec.or Jan., playing that is.

footballfan65
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
What about the time that Romo just fell down instead of trying to get away from the Giants who were closing in quickly?

Besides the ball thrown behind Roy Williams in the end zone.....he also made a bad throw to Tashard.

I blame Garrett for some bad play calling....but Tony has to STEP UP!

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by footballfan65
What about the time that Romo just fell down instead of trying to get away from the Giants who were closing in quickly?

Besides the ball thrown behind Roy Williams in the end zone.....he also made a bad throw to Tashard.

I blame Garrett for some bad play calling....but Tony has to STEP UP!

Tony did step up..geez 392 yds 3 TD and no int and ur saying he has to step up

How do we know the throw to choice was bad? We dont know the route so we dont know who was in the wrong

GrTigers6
12-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by footballfan65

I blame Garrett for some bad play calling....but Tony has to STEP UP! You throw 55 passes in one game and see if your right on the money every time.

DDBooger
12-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Funny...I've never actually seen a Super Bowl played in December... nevermind that, he's trying to make a point :D

Macarthur
12-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Wow, the Romo hate is unbelievable.

Something tells me that if the Cowboys go on a streak and win the SB, he will get zero credit from some people. People have him slotted and it doesn't matter what he does.

I guess if he could takle & cover too, he might get a little credit.

eagles_victory
12-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Tony did step up..geez 392 yds 3 TD and no int and ur saying he has to step up

How do we know the throw to choice was bad? We dont know the route so we dont know who was in the wrong That was a clear communication issue looked like an option route and Choice read coverage to take it up the field and Romo read coverage for him to run an out route.

Farmersfan
12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Manning had a much worst game than Romo did by a long shot but the difference was displayed when Manning hits Jacobs on a perfect pass that allows Jacobs to turn the corner and be gone. If Romo throws that ball, 90% of the time Jacobs will be forced to adjust his pattern more parallel with the LOS and he gets blasted by the defense. It's all about accuracy and putting the ball where the receiver can actually do something with it if they manage to catch it. Even when Romo completes many of his passes he limits the receiver's ability to go down field with pass location problems.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Manning had a much worst game than Romo did by a long shot but the difference was displayed when Manning hits Jacobs on a perfect pass that allows Jacobs to turn the corner and be gone. If Romo throws that ball, 90% of the time Jacobs will be forced to adjust his pattern more parallel with the LOS and he gets blasted by the defense. It's all about accuracy and putting the ball where the receiver can actually do something with it if they manage to catch it. Even when Romo completes many of his passes he limits the receiver's ability to go down field with pass location problems.

holy crap..ur kidding right? please tell me ur kidding.

first off it was a dump off pass..3yd pass Jacobs takes it the rest..sorry but Manning dont get to much credit when it comes that one

Also..you do realize Miles Austin leads the NFL in YAC right? Dallas is in top 3 of most explosive Pass plays I guess Romo did not help with those huh

BY THE WAY

Dallas is 2nd in the NFL in YAC yards
http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=231

Macarthur
12-07-2009, 03:34 PM

YOu either have an insufferable bias or you are ignorant of football.

95mustang
12-07-2009, 03:38 PM
This is hilarious. Romo plays a great game. The defense stutters and the special team gives up a punt return and everyone wants to bash Romo. Give me a break. Maybe the Cowboys should bring back Leaf or Carter. If everyone wants to blame the QB maybe they need one that actually deserves the blame.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Have to repeat this for Farmer who says Romo does not throw a ball that allows the recievers to make the catch and run

DALLAS IS 2nd IN THE NFL IN YAC

Dallas is 2nd in the NFL in YAC yards
http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleader...FL&rank=231

Farmersfan
12-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

I have a horrible biased towards Romo. Can't help it! I've watched you people give him a pass for 3 seasons now. And I only bring up Romo because everyone is blaming every other part of the team but as usual most people don't put any of the blame on the ONE part of the team that has never been addressed. They draft Running Backs to fix the problems! They trade for Receivers to fix the problems! The fire coaches and O-cordinatiors to fix the problems! Offensive linemen come and go to try and fix the problems! The only constant on this team is Tony Romo. (and JJ) He now has the benefit of the best RB triplethreat in the league. He has had ONE of the best receivers in the history of the game to throw to since he came into this league. He has ONE of the best tightends ever to throw to in Witten. He has everything that a QB needs to acheive greatness yet he consistently hovers right at the Average mark. He took over a Parcels disciplined team and led them on a 12-1 stretch to get his big contract and his Hollywood rep and since then he is barely .500% with consistently the most talented team in the league. He is the Obama of the football world! He has flash! He has style! He has that something that makes everyone like him! But he has no substance when it counts. Shallow numbers and marginal stats for a QB on this team.
OK! I'm done. Let me have it.......

Farmersfan
12-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
This is hilarious. Romo plays a great game. The defense stutters and the special team gives up a punt return and everyone wants to bash Romo. Give me a break. Maybe the Cowboys should bring back Leaf or Carter. If everyone wants to blame the QB maybe they need one that actually deserves the blame.

I think everyone is "Bashing" the whole cowboys team. Many of you were not including Romo in that Bashing.
Some of you "Bash" the defense for playing pretty well for 90% of the game and giving up a few big plays yet when we mention that Romo played pretty well for 90% of the game but failed to make a few big plays when required you go on the offensive. If the defense is expected to stop ALL plays against them then isn't Romo expect to make ALL plays he is involved in??????

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I have a horrible biased towards Romo. Can't help it! I've watched you people give him a pass for 3 seasons now. And I only bring up Romo because everyone is blaming every other part of the team but as usual most people don't put any of the blame on the ONE part of the team that has never been addressed. They draft Running Backs to fix the problems! They trade for Receivers to fix the problems! The fire coaches and O-cordinatiors to fix the problems! Offensive linemen come and go to try and fix the problems! The only constant on this team is Tony Romo. (and JJ) He now has the benefit of the best RB triplethreat in the league. He has had ONE of the best receivers in the history of the game to throw to since he came into this league. He has ONE of the best tightends ever to throw to in Witten. He has everything that a QB needs to acheive greatness yet he consistently hovers right at the Average mark. He took over a Parcels disciplined team and led them on a 12-1 stretch to get his big contract and his Hollywood rep and since then he is barely .500% with consistently the most talented team in the league. He is the Obama of the football world! He has flash! He has style! He has that something that makes everyone like him! But he has no substance when it counts. Shallow numbers and marginal stats for a QB on this team.
OK! I'm done. Let me have it.......

Since being a full time starter he has

been

2007 13-3
2008 9-5
2009 8-4

career qb rating of 95...101 TDs to 53 ints

yes I know he is 0-2 in play-offs..We still dont know where he will end up when his career is over in regards to play-off wins..as we have said 1000 times alot of great SB winning qbs had to get over that bump before finally winning the SB

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 04:29 PM
and I have no problem with someone bashing Romo if they bring up legit reasons..but sorry Farmer you dont alot of the times. Just like saying he does not throw a good ball..stats say he does.

Romo has become THAT guy..if Dallas wins it was not a big game..if Dallas loses then it is his fault.

Pick6
12-07-2009, 04:30 PM

As Deion use to say...Both

GrTigers6
12-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow, the Romo hate is unbelievable.

Something tells me that if the Cowboys go on a streak and win the SB, he will get zero credit from some people. People have him slotted and it doesn't matter what he does.

I guess if he could takle & cover too, he might get a little credit. Yeah it will be because the defense on the other team sucked. Not because romo played a good game:D

Farmersfan
12-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Since being a full time starter he has

been

2007 13-3
2008 9-5
2009 8-4

career qb rating of 95...101 TDs to 53 ints

yes I know he is 0-2 in play-offs..We still dont know where he will end up when his career is over in regards to play-off wins..as we have said 1000 times alot of great SB winning qbs had to get over that bump before finally winning the SB

Correction:

2006 6-4(Lost to Seattle in playoffs)
2007 13-4 (Lost to Giants in the playoffs) started 12-1, finished 1-3
2008 8-5 (he missed 3 games)
2008 8-4

I repeat: He went on a 12-1 run to start 2007 season, got his big contract and has gone 23-16 in all other time he has spent with one of the most talented teams in the league. You can't sugar coat it. He had a good run in 07' but is average the rest of his career. Unless of course you are just interested in numbers.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 05:23 PM
He had a good run in 07' but is average the rest of his career. Unless of course you are just interested in numbers.

I love how you say he is average unless just interested in numbers..

Well the number I like is 35-17

I will take that from my starter anyday..let me guess none of the 35 wins were big..all of the 17 losses he choked away?

Macarthur
12-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Farmer, you are simply wrong.

Romo is anything but average.

Do people think that franchise QBs just grow on trees? :eek:

Bullaholic
12-07-2009, 05:56 PM
The Cowboys would have won if Romo would not have gone to Vegas....:D :devil:

Farmersfan
12-08-2009, 10:08 AM
I love how you say he is average unless just interested in numbers..

Well the number I like is 35-17

I will take that from my starter anyday..let me guess none of the 35 wins were big..all of the 17 losses he choked away?

35-17 is not too bad. It's a .673 winning percentage. A great winning percentage that would be hard for any team to match over a long stretch of time. Over a single season though or a couple of seasons a .673 percentage would be about a 10-6 average record. That's the minimum record for getting a wildcard spot in most seasons. Now take away the 12-1 excellent run in 07' and you have an average of 9-7 or 8-8 each season. My question to you is, are you happy with 9-7 and missing the playoffs???? The bottom line is this team is very talented and picked in the top 5 at the beginning of every single season that Romo has been the QB and by the end of the season they have worked their way to mediocrity. It's not all Romo's fault! But a very big part of it is on Romo's shoulders. I think Romo as a QB was eliminated when they hired Wade Philips. Romo has a big, big passive aggressive personality and Wade Philips just feeds that with his alway looking at the positive and making excuses for every bad performance. Wade doesn't hold people accountable and over the years this organization has become agreeable to a 9-7 record and first round exit. That is Romo in a nutshell. He NEVER was a superstar and had to fight for average his whole career and just a little success with the Dallas Cowboys has SATISFIED him. He has already acheived more than anyone ever thought he would. And this is proven every time he opens his mouth to the media. (in my opinion). The funny thing about it is that if we drafted a QB #1 and he had Romo's numbers I would probably be more accepting because at least that QB has the room to grow in the future. But I think we have seen Romo at his best already and it really isn't ever gonna get better. But that's just my take! I know you guys like him so I will try to stay off his case at least until he melts down again his month.

JasperDog94
12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
The bottom line is this team is very talented and picked in the top 5 at the beginning of every single season that Romo has been the QB and by the end of the season they have worked their way to mediocrity. What sports anchor were you listening to at the beginning of this year? Most people I heard had Dallas as the 3rd team in the NFC East. Nobody had them in the top 5.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Now take away the 12-1 excellent run in 07' and you have an average of 9-7 or 8-8 each season. My question to you is, are you happy with 9-7 and missing the playoffs???? The bottom line is this team is very talented and picked in the top 5 at the beginning of every single season that Romo has been the QB .

First off I love the idea that your sayng well take away the 12-1 start..YOU CANT TAKE IT AWAY lol.

Not sure where your getting Dallas has been a top 5 team to start the season every year under Romo

They werent considered a top 5 the first year Romo was fulltime QB, that was why it was a shock they were 12-1. They were considered a top 5 team before last year. NOT ONE report had them a top 5 team to start this season. Most had them 2nd-3rd in East and some even had them last.

You keep saying how talented this team is..yes they have talent, but I think it is a flawed talent ALOT of questions about this team going into this season.

GrTigers6
12-08-2009, 11:13 AM
He was thinking top five in the division:D

Farmersfan
12-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
What sports anchor were you listening to at the beginning of this year? Most people I heard had Dallas as the 3rd team in the NFC East. Nobody had them in the top 5.

More than half the "sports anchors" picked Dallas in their top 5. Vegas has Dallas as one of the top 5 best odds to win a superbowl every single year recently. I think the Vegas people are a little more accurate than the anchors. Here are the odds before this season started: (it's been better than this in previous years).

Patriots 4-1
Giants 9-1
Steelers 15-2
Eagles 11-1
Colts 12-1
Dallas 12-1
San Diego 12-1

Macarthur
12-08-2009, 01:24 PM
That's the problem. The vast majority of the criticism of Romo is completely irrational and not based on any sort of statistics or reality.

Has he had some rough Decembers? Yes.

But what everyone fails to take into account is injuries to the OL and RBs, which have made them virtually one dimensional late in the season. Their sacks given up has also doubled in December compared to previous months. Also, in 07, they shut things down in the last game with Wash. Had they played that game, they most likely win and go 3-1 in that December.

None of us pro-Romo folks are making the argument that he is Manning and can carry the team on his back all by himself. However, I think the stats will show that he's a pretty darn good QB and about 2/3 of the league would try to be first in line if JJ lost his mind and decided to put him out in the market.

Farmersfan
12-08-2009, 01:35 PM
First off I love the idea that your sayng well take away the 12-1 start..YOU CANT TAKE IT AWAY lol.

Not sure where your getting Dallas has been a top 5 team to start the season every year under Romo

They werent considered a top 5 the first year Romo was fulltime QB, that was why it was a shock they were 12-1. They were considered a top 5 team before last year. NOT ONE report had them a top 5 team to start this season. Most had them 2nd-3rd in East and some even had them last.

You keep saying how talented this team is..yes they have talent, but I think it is a flawed talent ALOT of questions about this team going into this season.

Just go to Vegas sites and look at the preseason odds for winning it all. Dallas has been in the top 5 for three straight seasons.

If I can't take away Romo's 12-1 stretch to prove how average he is at this time then you can't USE IT to prove how good he is at this time!!!! He had a great season in 07' (and earned a huge contract) and nobody will deny that but what is his record since then? The point is if he did not go 12-1 in 07' we would not even be having this conversation. The Cowboys would have replaced him if not for a 13 game stretch in 07'. The other 39 games he has been the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys would have earned him a one-way ticket to Arena ball. A 9-7 record gets QBs replaced in Dallas. See the last 15 years.

And I agree this team is flawed. Where we disagree is how much of the "Flaw" falls on Romo's lap.

Farmersfan
12-08-2009, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Macarthur
[B]That's the problem. The vast majority of the criticism of Romo is completely irrational and not based on any sort of statistics or reality.

[QUOTE]

Has he had even 1 GOOD December????? And every team has injuries! Every single QB in the league has the exact same things happen to them that happens to Romo. Every single QB gets rushed just like Romo! Every single team in the NFL has to overcome the exact same obsticles that Romo has had to try to overcome. Excuses, excuses, excuses! It's amazing to me that you call anyone who judges Romo differently than you do irrational and not based on statistics and then you deny the importance of the statistics that prove their point.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Macarthur
[B]That's the problem. The vast majority of the criticism of Romo is completely irrational and not based on any sort of statistics or reality.

[QUOTE]

Has he had even 1 GOOD December????? And every team has injuries! Every single QB in the league has the exact same things happen to them that happens to Romo. Every single QB gets rushed just like Romo! Every single team in the NFL has to overcome the exact same obsticles that Romo has had to try to overcome. Excuses, excuses, excuses! It's amazing to me that you call anyone who judges Romo differently than you do irrational and not based on statistics and then you deny the importance of the statistics that prove their point.

First off about your whole superbowl odds...link me to any that show PRESEASON odds

I know there are bad stats for Romo such as bad december and 0-2 playoffs..That does not mean he has no chance of overcoming them and I think that is what all "Romo supporters" say.

Then you have that real small group out of the core Romo doubters that will blame EVERYTHING bad on Romo no matter what. I have seen many of that group actually trying to say it was his fault Dallas lost this past suunday

JasperDog94
12-08-2009, 01:57 PM
If I can't take away Romo's 12-1 stretch to prove how average he is at this time then you can't USE IT to prove how good he is at this time!!!! Wow....that's all I can say about this logic.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2009, 02:00 PM
[B

If I can't take away Romo's 12-1 stretch to prove how average he is at this time then you can't USE IT to prove how good he is at this time!!!! He . [/B]

uhh what? Please explain this?

It is called a BODY OF WORK that 12-1 is just as much a part of his body of work as anything else

BUT if you really want to play that then ok

You cannot talk about ANY past december or play-off game to discount how good he is NOW

So ALL we can talk about is NOW

So for now he is 8-4 with a 96.3 rating 20 TDs and 7 INTS

JasperDog94
12-08-2009, 02:14 PM

It is called a BODY OF WORK that 12-1 is just as much a part of his body of work as anything else

You cannot talk about ANY past december or play-off game to discount how good he is NOW

So for now he is 8-4 with a 96.3 rating 20 TDs and 7 INTS Owned.:cool:

Deuce
12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
More than half the "sports anchors" picked Dallas in their top 5. Vegas has Dallas as one of the top 5 best odds to win a superbowl every single year recently. I think the Vegas people are a little more accurate than the anchors. Here are the odds before this season started: (it's been better than this in previous years).

Patriots 4-1
Giants 9-1
Steelers 15-2
Eagles 11-1
Colts 12-1
Dallas 12-1
San Diego 12-1

Here is the problem with you basing your argument on what Vegas odds are. Vegas sets their odds as to what they believe will help them get equal action on all bets. I can promise you that they really don't feel that Dallas was in the top five at the start of the season. What they thought was there was enough Homers out there that they could set the line at that and still make a money. If you set the line any higher, most people would think there is now way they could make it and would not take the bet. You can not make your argument using Vegas odds.

SintonFan
12-08-2009, 08:48 PM

I agree. I also believe some of the other talent on the team is a bit overrated.

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 10:49 AM

So for now he is 8-4 with a 96.3 rating 20 TDs and 7 INTS

Now you sound like Wade Philips!
Love him! Like him! Or hate him! None of that matters. What matters is that the Dallas Cowboys are 9-7, 13-3, 9-7, 8-4 and have gone 0-2 in the playoffs since Romo was the main QB for the team. If the Cowboys were still looking for their francise QB then I would say Romo has done a good job. But they have CROWNED him the francise QB. Make all the excuses you want to but that won't change the FACTS. Talent level can be debated! Good numbers or bad numbers can be debated! But nothing changes the fact that this team has brought in more and more and more talent and still can't get over the hump with Romo at QB. That might change this season. Or next season. Or the season after that. But I have just one question for everyone who supports Romo, How much more talented is Jerry Jones likely to be able to make this team???? And as poor as most people think Quincy, Bledsoe and Vinny were, all three were able to win 9 games with much, much lesser talented teams.

Macarthur
12-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Farmer, who's the better December QB, Romo or Eli?

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-12-04T09%3A23%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=10

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Now you sound like Wade Philips!
Love him! Like him! Or hate him! None of that matters. What matters is that the Dallas Cowboys are 9-7, 13-3, 9-7, 8-4 and have gone 0-2 in the playoffs since Romo was the main QB for the team. If the Cowboys were still looking for their francise QB then I would say Romo has done a good job. But they have CROWNED him the francise QB. Make all the excuses you want to but that won't change the FACTS. Talent level can be debated! Good numbers or bad numbers can be debated! But nothing changes the fact that this team has brought in more and more and more talent and still can't get over the hump with Romo at QB. That might change this season. Or next season. Or the season after that. But I have just one question for everyone who supports Romo, How much more talented is Jerry Jones likely to be able to make this team???? And as poor as most people think Quincy, Bledsoe and Vinny were, all three were able to win 9 games with much, much lesser talented teams.

I sound like Wade? Your the one who began this picking and choosing where you want to start counting his stats.

so your basically saying a franchise QB MUST not be 0-2 in play-offs?

So u would have gotten rid of

Eli Manning 0-2 first 2 playoffs
Peyton Manning 0-3 first 3 playoffs
John Elway 0-2 first 2 playoffs

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Deuce
Here is the problem with you basing your argument on what Vegas odds are. Vegas sets their odds as to what they believe will help them get equal action on all bets. I can promise you that they really don't feel that Dallas was in the top five at the start of the season. What they thought was there was enough Homers out there that they could set the line at that and still make a money. If you set the line any higher, most people would think there is now way they could make it and would not take the bet. You can not make your argument using Vegas odds.

Does this ignorant statement apply to the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Giants and Eagles also or just the Cowboys?
I can guarantee you the people who set the odds examine the team, the schedule, the organization, the talent, the past, the media predictions and commentators opinions and any other item that helps them decide how likely the Cowboys are to win it all. They then set their initial odds and adjust it according to how the bets come in after that point.
Of course you could be saying that ONLY the Cowboys have stupid fans who will bet on a bad team!!!!!!

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Farmer, who's the better December QB, Romo or Eli?

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-12-04T09%3A23%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=10

Romo is! And your point? Eli was being ripped non stop by the NY media before he put together his Superbowl run. My question to you is, do you think Romo is capable of doing what Eli did in the playoffs to win a superbowl?

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Romo is! And your point? Eli was being ripped non stop by the NY media before he put together his Superbowl run. My question to you is, do you think Romo is capable of doing what Eli did in the playoffs to win a superbowl?

And finally we get to the crux of all this..Your assuming already he wont...Some assume he will

I say we have to wait and see how his career finishes before we know, but AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, he has played like a franchise QB plays to this point in his career

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 11:46 AM
I sound like Wade? Your the one who began this picking and choosing where you want to start counting his stats.

so your basically saying a franchise QB MUST not be 0-2 in play-offs?

So u would have gotten rid of

Eli Manning 0-2 first 2 playoffs
Peyton Manning 0-3 first 3 playoffs
John Elway 0-2 first 2 playoffs

What? I keep showing you that Romo had a 13 game stretch where he was great and he has been average since. YOU are the one who keeps using 3 year old numbers to prove Romo is still a good QB. Don't turn it around!

And when did say any of this stuff? Why do you compare Romo's 0-2 playoff record to these QB's in the league? If you will do the research you would see that there are 1000s of QB's out there that went 0-2 in their first 2 playoffs and never amounted to a hill of beans. This makes my point! You suggest Romo's numbers prove he could be Peyton Manning or John Elway which is a stretch beyond belief because for every 1 great QB that started 0-2 in the playoffs there are a 100 BAD QBs that started 0-2.

And don't forget that Romo took over a very talented team coached by a superbowl caliber coach. All three of those QB's you mentioned took over poor teams and made them better.

Pick6
12-09-2009, 11:49 AM

And don't forget that Romo took over a very talented team coached by a superbowl caliber coach. All three of those QB's you mentioned took over poor teams and made them better.

When was the last year Parcells was in a Super Bowl? If you think Dallas isn't better with Romo than without him, you are quiet possibly dumber than we all thought.

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2009, 11:52 AM
What? I keep showing you that Romo had a 13 game stretch where he was great and he has been average since. YOU are the one who keeps using 3 year old numbers to prove Romo is still a good QB. Don't turn it around!

And when did say any of this stuff? Why do you compare Romo's 0-2 playoff record to these QB's in the league? If you will do the research you would see that there are 1000s of QB's out there that went 0-2 in their first 2 playoffs and never amounted to a hill of beans. This makes my point! You suggest Romo's numbers prove he could be Peyton Manning or John Elway which is a stretch beyond belief because for every 1 great QB that started 0-2 in the playoffs there are a 100 BAD QBs that started 0-2.

Dont turn it around? LOL that is laughable..You love to make points, and when someone proves you wrong, you just ignore it..SEE MY SIG FOR PROOF

When talking about a BODY OF WORK for a QB you take just that..BODY OF WORK. You dont get to pick and choose where u want to start from and say things like..well take his 12-1 start away..

TALENTED TEAM before Romo..Really?

5-11,5-11,10-6,6-10 and 9-7 the years before Romo..man so much talent there wow.

And your right about a bunch of QBs who are 0-2 that did not ever make it..but my point is there are QBS who started 0-2 in play-offs and did make it

AGAIN WE DONT KNOW WHERE ROMO WILL FINISH.

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 11:59 AM
And finally we get to the crux of all this..Your assuming already he wont...Some assume he will

I say we have to wait and see how his career finishes before we know, but AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, he has played like a franchise QB plays to this point in his career

You make a very good point!
I'm obviously not going to make a believer out of some of you so I will quit bringing up the same rationale over and over. Suffice it to say that I think Romo is a good QB but not a francise qualtiy QB and not even close to a GREAT QB. Partially because of his ability and partially because of his mental approach. Only time will tell who is right and who is wrong. But half the worlds population has questions about Romo's ability for a reason. We aren't all haters just for the sake of hating! I started how loving Tony Romo and was one of his biggest supporters. He EARNED my opinion of him now just as he EARNED all the non-Romosexual opinions that are out there.

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2009, 12:31 PM
But half the worlds population has questions about Romo's ability for a reason. We aren't all haters just for the sake of hating! I started how loving Tony Romo and was one of his biggest supporters. He EARNED my opinion of him now just as he EARNED all the non-Romosexual opinions that are out there.

How did he EARN your opinion? Or maybe your expectations were to big to soon

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Dont turn it around? LOL that is laughable..You love to make points, and when someone proves you wrong, you just ignore it..SEE MY SIG FOR PROOF

What exactly does this mean? I didn't address the YAC stat because it didn't really apply to our discussion at the time. That stat is misleading because Romo is ranked #1 in completions over 40 yards and #3 over 20 yards. But that only accounts for 22%(59) of his passes. TRANSLATION: He throws a few that the receivers break for very long gains and a whole bunch that go for nothing.
Romo has a 90 QB rating on passes thrown from 1-10 yards. This would rank him in the middle of the pack behind NFL greats like Kyle Orton and Vince Young. I don't know how to get the YAC on these passes but I guarantee you it is one of the lowest in the league. He throws a horrible short ball a lot of the time for someone with such a good overall QB rating. That might account for the high number of receiver drops on this team. But I guess the numbers show he throws a pretty good long ball sometimes also.

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 01:20 PM
How did he EARN your opinion? Or maybe your expectations were to big to soon

You could be right on target here Tx!!!
But I think my expectations were set by the 13-3 season and the contract that made him one of the top paid QBs in the league. And everyone needs to remember that Romo is not a young newbie in the NFL. Not many QB's blossomed in this league at year #8 of their career. Of course there are a couple of exceptions.

TxAthlete
12-09-2009, 01:48 PM
No has a leader? Really? 55-51 as a starter..1-2 in the play-offs?

I love Brees..Great qb but lets not say he is a great leader just yet

Originally posted by XtremeCouture
he does the chants during pregame. he is a leader. he just needs a supporting cast.

since we've been throwing stats around here...

NO
#1 in Points per game
#1 Total offensive yards per game
#3 passing yards per game
#5 rushing yards per game
12 wins 0 losses

Brees
#3 total passing yards
69% completions
3500 yards
29 touchdowns #1
10 int's #18
111.3 QB rating

(2008)
5,069 passing yards (#2 all-time behind Marino's 5,089)
34 td's 17 int's

Either he is "Tim Tebow" :rolleyes: or he's doing just fine not leading his group of misfits and never will be's :p

statewide
12-09-2009, 01:52 PM
He is smart and great at padding stats. Romo is not a bad quarterback at times, just not a great one unless playing Kansas City or Oakland.

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 03:05 PM
With the right kind of talent around him I have no doubt Romo could lead this team to a Superbowl. But Romo is suppose to make the talent around HIM better rather the talent making HIM better. I think 50% of the QBs in the league right now would have as good a record as Romo has with Dallas. Perhaps not the stats but certainly the record. Romo lead a less talented team to a 13-3 record in 07' because he made things happen with his feet. He has basically stopped doing that. Someone somewhere told him he was a pocket passer and his BIGGEST attribute went out the window.

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2009, 03:43 PM
What exactly does this mean? I didn't address the YAC stat because it didn't really apply to our discussion at the time. That stat is misleading because Romo is ranked #1 in completions over 40 yards and #3 over 20 yards. But that only accounts for 22%(59) of his passes. TRANSLATION: He throws a few that the receivers break for very long gains and a whole bunch that go for nothing.
Romo has a 90 QB rating on passes thrown from 1-10 yards. This would rank him in the middle of the pack behind NFL greats like Kyle Orton and Vince Young. I don't know how to get the YAC on these passes but I guarantee you it is one of the lowest in the league. He throws a horrible short ball a lot of the time for someone with such a good overall QB rating. That might account for the high number of receiver drops on this team. But I guess the numbers show he throws a pretty good long ball sometimes also.

You said this

Even when Romo completes many of his passes he limits the receiver's ability to go down field with pass location problems.

I am saying YAC shows your wrong..if his passes were so uncatchable how can this team with supposedly not a great WR corp be 2nd in YAC in the NFL?

You do realize his rating for a 1-10 yd pass which u say is 90( link please) does not include passes he threw for maybe 5 yards and the WR takes it another 10. That pass then becomes a 15 yard pass and would not be in the 1-10 passer rating.

Really would like to see the link for passer rating for passes 1-10 yards cause I cannot find those splits

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 04:54 PM
You said this

Even when Romo completes many of his passes he limits the receiver's ability to go down field with pass location problems.

I am saying YAC shows your wrong..if his passes were so uncatchable how can this team with supposedly not a great WR corp be 2nd in YAC in the NFL?

You do realize his rating for a 1-10 yd pass which u say is 90( link please) does not include passes he threw for maybe 5 yards and the WR takes it another 10. That pass then becomes a 15 yard pass and would not be in the 1-10 passer rating.

Really would like to see the link for passer rating for passes 1-10 yards cause I cannot find those splits

I never said Romo limited his receiver's ability to go downfield on ALL his passes. Notice I said "MANY"! Again he has the most 40+ yard completions in the league. One completion for 60 yards will make ten completions for 1 yard look ok in the stats.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tonyromo/situationalstats?id=ROM787981

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 04:56 PM
I never said Romo limited his receiver's ability to go downfield on ALL his passes. Notice I said "MANY"! Again he has the most 40+ yard completions in the league. One completion for 60 yards will make ten completions for 1 yard look ok in the stats.

Nevermind! I just realized I was reading this wrong. 1-10 was referring to the 1st completion through the 10th completion and not the 1-10 yard range that I originally thought. Sorry.

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2009, 05:03 PM

That link is not 1-10 yards..those are 1-10 attempts or his first ten throws

and so on..ahh see u saw that now

One completion for 60 yards might only be 10 yards YAC...YAC is all about the WR catching and getting more yards AFTER the catch. So for Dallas to be 2nd in YAC means the WR are running ALOT after the catch

Not every 40plus completion is a bomb alot started out as slants, outs, in, and so on in the 5-15 yard range that the WR then takes it the rest of the way

Farmersfan
12-10-2009, 09:41 AM
That link is not 1-10 yards..those are 1-10 attempts or his first ten throws

and so on..ahh see u saw that now

One completion for 60 yards might only be 10 yards YAC...YAC is all about the WR catching and getting more yards AFTER the catch. So for Dallas to be 2nd in YAC means the WR are running ALOT after the catch

Not every 40plus completion is a bomb alot started out as slants, outs, in, and so on in the 5-15 yard range that the WR then takes it the rest of the way

Any thoughts on Wade Philips and his fighting with media over questions about the past? And how about Brookings ramblings with Steve Dennis on the radio? Brookings has been a Cowboy for about 4 months and Dennis has been covering the Cowboys for decades and Brookings has the nerve to call out Steve Dennis. Typical pro athlete attitude! What do you think?

http://dcfanatic.thedallascowboyshow.com/2009/12/09/audio-the-entire-brooking-vs-dennis-segment/

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Any thoughts on Wade Philips and his fighting with media over questions about the past? And how about Brookings ramblings with Steve Dennis on the radio? Brookings has been a Cowboy for about 4 months and Dennis has been covering the Cowboys for decades and Brookings has the nerve to call out Steve Dennis. Typical pro athlete attitude! What do you think?

http://dcfanatic.thedallascowboyshow.com/2009/12/09/audio-the-entire-brooking-vs-dennis-segment/

Keith did what a player should do..he felt he was being called a loser and he defended himself and his coach.

There is a difference in saying a team is struggling or has a problem in December and basically insuating a team is a bunch of losers. Brooking took it that he was being called a loser so he defended himself

and I agree with Brooking..what happened 2-3-4 years ago does not matter in 2009

Farmersfan
12-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Keith did what a player should do..he felt he was being called a loser and he defended himself and his coach.

There is a difference in saying a team is struggling or has a problem in December and basically insuating a team is a bunch of losers. Brooking took it that he was being called a loser so he defended himself

and I agree with Brooking..what happened 2-3-4 years ago does not matter in 2009

Brookings defended Wade! Not himself. And in my book there is no defense for Wade Philips. He is a coach in the NFL because he rode his dad's coattails. He has some skins as a cordinator but ZERO as a head coach.
I have liked Brookings all season. I think he was a very valuable addition to this team. But he was completely out of line on this. In the first place, nobody on this team has proven to be a winner yet. In the second place, Steve Dennis didn't call them losers. He asked Wade how HE knew these guys were winners. And for Wade to use the 8-4 record as proof they are winners shows us big time part of what is wrong with this team. Last year they were also 8-4 at this time and they didn't make the playoffs. In 07' they were 11-1 at this point and got drilled in the first round.
The expectations are apparently different in Valley Ranch than they are in the Real world!

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Brookings defended Wade! Not himself. And in my book there is no defense for Wade Philips. He is a coach in the NFL because he rode his dad's coattails. He has some skins as a cordinator but ZERO as a head coach.
I have liked Brookings all season. I think he was a very valuable addition to this team. But he was completely out of line on this. In the first place, nobody on this team has proven to be a winner yet. In the second place, Steve Dennis didn't call them losers. He asked Wade how HE knew these guys were winners. And for Wade to use the 8-4 record as proof they are winners shows us big time part of what is wrong with this team. Last year they were also 8-4 at this time and they didn't make the playoffs. In 07' they were 11-1 at this point and got drilled in the first round.
The expectations are apparently different in Valley Ranch than they are in the Real world!

actually Keith did defend himself..He said well your calling us a bunch of losers.

Onto Wade..like him or hate him, the fact the PLAYERS defend him means alot. When players STOP defending their coach it means they dont care.

STANG RED
12-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Love or hate Romo, I think we all know he isnt the greatest QB in the league, and can not carry the team on his back. He needs more help. Knowing this, yet seeing his offensive coordinator call 55 passing plays in a game, when they have 3 very good running backs, proves to me where the biggest problem lies with this team. I have not doubt, if this team had a much better offensive coordinator alone, they would be much better all the way around.

Macarthur
12-10-2009, 03:12 PM

There is no question in my mind that Romo is capable of putting together a run like that.

Let's also not forget that Eli didn't exactly have to make a ton of plays during that run. He did make some big throws, but make no mistake, NY won that SB because their front 4 played out of their mind for about a month.

Macarthur
12-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Love or hate Romo, I think we all know he isnt the greatest QB in the league, and can not carry the team on his back. He needs more help. Knowing this, yet seeing his offensive coordinator call 55 passing plays in a game, when they have 3 very good running backs, proves to me where the biggest problem lies with this team. I have not doubt, if this team had a much better offensive coordinator alone, they would be much better all the way around.

But NY sold out completely to stop the run.

Look, NFL defenses are really good. MOst decent defenses can stop one phase of your game if they committ to it completely. NY even said so much...The last game Dallas ran for 250 yards and they were not going to let that happen again.

Would you suggest Garrett keep banging his head against a wall or is his job to put the offense in position to move the ball down the field? Did they not do that?

This game was not on the offense.

GrTigers6
12-10-2009, 04:21 PM
But NY sold out completely to stop the run.

Look, NFL defenses are really good. MOst decent defenses can stop one phase of your game if they committ to it completely. NY even said so much...The last game Dallas ran for 250 yards and they were not going to let that happen again.

Would you suggest Garrett keep banging his head against a wall or is his job to put the offense in position to move the ball down the field? Did they not do that?

This game was not on the offense. I agree, If you score 20+ points your defense should be able to hold the lead.

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I agree, If you score 20+ points your defense should be able to hold the lead.

Does the opposite not apply? If you hold the other team to (?) points shouldn't your offense be able to score more than that? Dallas moved the ball at will the first half and dominated the T.O.P. but could not put points on the board. There was ZERO timing between Romo and the receivers and with the giants putting up a 8 & 9 man front to stop the run the pass was their only option. It comes down to decision making and adjustments on the fly and if I were the coach that would scare the hell out of me with Romo running the show.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Does the opposite not apply? If you hold the other team to (?) points shouldn't your offense be able to score more than that? Dallas moved the ball at will the first half and dominated the T.O.P. but could not put points on the board. There was ZERO timing between Romo and the receivers and with the giants putting up a 8 & 9 man front to stop the run the pass was their only option. It comes down to decision making and adjustments on the fly and if I were the coach that would scare the hell out of me with Romo running the show.

What game were you watching?

Romo was 20-24 for 160 yards in the first half with a TD and a 108.3 rating.

The Barber fumble is what turned everything around. Not only did it allow the Giants to score to take the lead, it killed a scoring drive for Dallas

GrTigers6
12-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Does the opposite not apply? If you hold the other team to (?) points shouldn't your offense be able to score more than that? Dallas moved the ball at will the first half and dominated the T.O.P. but could not put points on the board. There was ZERO timing between Romo and the receivers and with the giants putting up a 8 & 9 man front to stop the run the pass was their only option. It comes down to decision making and adjustments on the fly and if I were the coach that would scare the hell out of me with Romo running the show. Oh so it doesnt matter how much they score. our offense should be able to outscore them?

GrTigers6
12-11-2009, 10:52 AM

The Barber fumble is what turned everything around. Not only did it allow the Giants to score to take the lead, it killed a scoring drive for Dallas It actually started when Phillips decided to go with the prevent defense right before the half instead of what was working the rest of the 1st half. Then the fumble added to the misery when the defense coudln't stop them again.

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 01:21 PM

The Barber fumble is what turned everything around. Not only did it allow the Giants to score to take the lead, it killed a scoring drive for Dallas

Why are you so confrontational on everything that is said that you think goes against the Cowboys? I said Dallas moved the ball at will and dominated the time of possession in the first half. They moved up and down the field at will but could not put points on the board. It was 3-0 with about 3 minutes left in the first half when it should have been about 21-0. There is no way to sugar coat it. The Dallas offense(Romo) did not get it done in the first half. I guess I should have said "In scoring posistion" is when there seemed to be no timing between the QB and the receivers.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Why are you so confrontational on everything that is said that you think goes against the Cowboys? I said Dallas moved the ball at will and dominated the time of possession in the first half. They moved up and down the field at will but could not put points on the board. It was 3-0 with about 3 minutes left in the first half when it should have been about 21-0. There is no way to sugar coat it. The Dallas offense(Romo) did not get it done in the first half. I guess I should have said "In scoring posistion" is when there seemed to be no timing between the QB and the receivers.

lol i am not confrontational I am giving you stats that go agianst what u said..They were in the redzone twice in the first half

First time Romo was sacked on 3rd down..he had converted a 3rd and 9 in the redzone and was 2 for 3 on that drive in the red zone

The second time he was 2 for 2 in the redzone with a TD

So in the first half Romo was 4 for 5 in the redzone and a TD.

Again sorry but showing what you said was wrong..Romo and his offense had a good first half he was 20 for 24

Witten had 7 catches
Austin 4 catches
Williams 3 rec and a TD
all in all his 20 completions went to 8 diff guys.

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Oh so it doesnt matter how much they score. our offense should be able to outscore them?

So it doesn't matter how little we score our defense should be able to hold them????
You are claiming the defense failed because they didn't hold NY to under 21 points, right? So why didn't the offense fail because they didn't score more than 31 points?
If you watched the game then you would know the defense actually did one hell of a job in that game. New York got dominated except for a couple of big plays. They had a long run by Jacobs and a punt return and that's all. As long as the offense had the ball and as many times as they were in the red zone the Cowboys should have scored 40+ points easily. They didn't get it done. Besides, if the offense scores it takes a lot of pressure off the defense. It becomes so much easier for the defense if the offense can score points.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2009, 01:44 PM
many times as they were in the red zone the Cowboys should have scored 40+ points easily.

uhh they were in the redzone only 3 times the whole game

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 01:54 PM
lol i am not confrontational I am giving you stats that go agianst what u said..They were in the redzone twice in the first half

First time Romo was sacked on 3rd down..he had converted a 3rd and 9 in the redzone and was 2 for 3 on that drive in the red zone

The second time he was 2 for 2 in the redzone with a TD

So in the first half Romo was 4 for 5 in the redzone and a TD.

Again sorry but showing what you said was wrong..Romo and his offense had a good first half he was 20 for 24

Witten had 7 catches
Austin 4 catches
Williams 3 rec and a TD
all in all his 20 completions went to 8 diff guys.

Again you show every single stat in the game except the most important one. THEY SCORED 10 POINTS with all those great offensive numbers. A couple of great plays by the Giants beat the Cowboys because the offense was not able to score. That's why they lost the game. I don't care if they had 1000 yards and 900 catches, if they don't score it doesn't matter.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Again you show every single stat in the game except the most important one. THEY SCORED 10 POINTS with all those great offensive numbers. A couple of great plays by the Giants beat the Cowboys because the offense was not able to score. That's why they lost the game. I don't care if they had 1000 yards and 900 catches, if they don't score it doesn't matter.

I agree..BUT YOUR TRYING to put it on Romo, saying he had a bad first half..then said he was bad in scoring position..BOTH wrong.

The problem was the Barber fumble in the first half, that tilted the game to the Giants...Giants had just made it 10-7..Dallas gets good field position and and offside on Dallas had put it to 2nd and 1..Romo hits Barber and he is at the 50 and fumbles..that changed everything.

Instead of a chance to make it 13-7 or 17-7 and possibly put a dagger into the Giants it gave NYG life, they score go in at half with the lead and a feeling they were still in the game

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 02:07 PM
uhh they were in the redzone only 3 times the whole game

Again, this only emphasizes my point. The offense put up numbers in every stat except the only one that counts!

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Again, this only emphasizes my point. The offense put up numbers in every stat except the only one that counts!

no your point has been Romo was the reason why..my point is, Romo was the only thing keeping Dallas in the game

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 02:36 PM
I agree..BUT YOUR TRYING to put it on Romo, saying he had a bad first half..then said he was bad in scoring position..BOTH wrong.

The problem was the Barber fumble in the first half, that tilted the game to the Giants...Giants had just made it 10-7..Dallas gets good field position and and offside on Dallas had put it to 2nd and 1..Romo hits Barber and he is at the 50 and fumbles..that changed everything.

Instead of a chance to make it 13-7 or 17-7 and possibly put a dagger into the Giants it gave NYG life, they score go in at half with the lead and a feeling they were still in the game

When did I put this loss on Romo? I said the offense didn't get it done. (Including Romo). And he did not have a good game! He had good stats but he failed to execute when it mattered and to score enough points. Romo had 55 pass attempts when the Cowboys had a total of 78 plays. That means Romo was responsible for 70.5% of the Cowboys offense. To claim Romo had a good day but the offense didn't is idiocy. That's all I'm saying!

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2009, 02:42 PM
When did I put this loss on Romo? I said the offense didn't get it done. (Including Romo). And he did not have a good game! He had good stats but he failed to execute when it mattered and to score enough points. Romo had 55 pass attempts when the Cowboys had a total of 78 plays. That means Romo was responsible for 70.5% of the Cowboys offense. To claim Romo had a good day but the offense didn't is idiocy. That's all I'm saying!

First off I think 24 points is a solid day agianst a desperate NYG fighting for their playoff life..24 points should have been enough.

Dallas D played well in spots, but the 74 Jacobs TD was a killer..also allowing the Giants to drive right down the field after the offense had made it 10-0 was another killer.

Romo led the Boys to 24 points and another 3 points that Folk missed(not counting the 57 yd try it was a hope and pray kick).

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 02:49 PM
no your point has been Romo was the reason why..my point is, Romo was the only thing keeping Dallas in the game

That's for sure! The pass was the ONLY thing that was working but regardless of how well you think it worked they still didn't get it done so obviously it didn't work well enough. Right?
But again, I never said it was all Romo's fault. I'm simply saying he isn't any LESS culpable than anyone else. And since he accounts for at least 50% of the offense on the average night he should be quite a bit more responsible. But just my opinion.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2009, 02:52 PM
That's for sure! The pass was the ONLY thing that was working but regardless of how well you think it worked they still didn't get it done so obviously it didn't work well enough. Right?
But again, I never said it was all Romo's fault. I'm simply saying he isn't any LESS culpable than anyone else. And since he accounts for at least 50% of the offense on the average night he should be quite a bit more responsible. But just my opinion.

love the debate so would u say the same thing if Barber had rushed for say 180 yards and 3 ..would you then be saying the EXACT same thing? Or would you be saying well Barber did what he could so you cant blame him?

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 03:00 PM
First off I think 24 points is a solid day agianst a desperate NYG fighting for their playoff life..24 points should have been enough.

Dallas D played well in spots, but the 74 Jacobs TD was a killer..also allowing the Giants to drive right down the field after the offense had made it 10-0 was another killer.

Romo led the Boys to 24 points and another 3 points that Folk missed(not counting the 57 yd try it was a hope and pray kick).

I guess it all boils down to your perspective. Barber fumbled the ball at the 50 to give NY possession and everyone says he cost the Cowboys the game. Romo had at least a half dozen opportunities to make a play and extend a Cowboys possession but failed which means the Cowboys gave up possesssion to NY and yet you think he had a good game. Barber ALLOWS himself to be stripped of the ball once and he is the reason the Cowboys lost the game yet Romo ALLOWED himself to be sacked after he had just thrown a bad pass to Williams in the endzone which prevented Cowboys points and he had a good game. Romo touches the ball on every single play and makes 5 times the mistakes, miscues, misreads or missteps that any other single player on the team makes yet anther player makes a single mistake and you guys dog pile him. But in all fairness Romo also makes 5 times as many GOOD plays as any other player. But that's why he's paid like he is!

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2009, 03:04 PM
I guess it all boils down to your perspective. Barber fumbled the ball at the 50 to give NY possession and everyone says he cost the Cowboys the game. Romo had at least a half dozen opportunities to make a play and extend a Cowboys possession but failed which means the Cowboys gave up possesssion to NY and yet you think he had a good game. Barber ALLOWS himself to be stripped of the ball once and he is the reason the Cowboys lost the game yet Romo ALLOWED himself to be sacked after he had just thrown a bad pass to Williams in the endzone which prevented Cowboys points and he had a good game. Romo touches the ball on every single play and makes 5 times the mistakes, miscues, misreads or missteps that any other single player on the team makes yet anther player makes a single mistake and you guys dog pile him. But in all fairness Romo also makes 5 times as many GOOD plays as any other player. But that's why he's paid like he is!

dont get me wrong..I dont BLAME Barber..I blame the play..and there is a difference..it was a good play by NYG defense to strip the ball.

Just like the Jenkins int..I dont think Eli was at fault, I think it was a GREAT into by Jenkins

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 03:13 PM
love the debate so would u say the same thing if Barber had rushed for say 180 yards and 3 ..would you then be saying the EXACT same thing? Or would you be saying well Barber did what he could so you cant blame him?

If Barber was handed the ball on every single play and was expected to produce enough points to win the game I would say the same thing. But Barber only touched the ball 11 times. Romo touched it 78 times.

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 03:21 PM
dont get me wrong..I dont BLAME Barber..I blame the play..and there is a difference..it was a good play by NYG defense to strip the ball.

Just like the Jenkins int..I dont think Eli was at fault, I think it was a GREAT into by Jenkins

I do blame Barber. He can't fumble the ball like that. I'm just saying Barbers fumble on the 50 isn't any worst than Romo not making a 3rd down throw that forces the 'Boys to punt the ball to the Giants to give them possession at mid field. On both plays the Giants get the ball at midfield. The only difference is Romo (or any QB) does it about 10X more often than Barber does. A QB NOT making a 3rd down conversion hurts your team just as much as a RB fumbling the ball. Except in those occasions where it's way down in your own territory of course. Both failures cost your team a possession and a scoring opportunity.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I do blame Barber. He can't fumble the ball like that. I'm just saying Barbers fumble on the 50 isn't any worst than Romo not making a 3rd down throw that forces the 'Boys to punt the ball to the Giants to give them possession at mid field. On both plays the Giants get the ball at midfield. The only difference is Romo (or any QB) does it about 10X more often than Barber does. A QB NOT making a 3rd down conversion hurts your team just as much as a RB fumbling the ball. Except in those occasions where it's way down in your own territory of course. Both failures cost your team a possession and a scoring opportunity.

eh..I think there is a huge difference in a fumble right after a team scores..Dallas was up 10-0 Giants score..Barber fumbles..Giants recover and score. The emotional rise the Giants got out of that is bigger than even a 3 and out.

Dallas was 9-17 on 3rd down conversions..That is good and alot better than they have done all year on 3rd conversions

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 03:36 PM
eh..I think there is a huge difference in a fumble right after a team scores..Dallas was up 10-0 Giants score..Barber fumbles..Giants recover and score. The emotional rise the Giants got out of that is bigger than even a 3 and out.

Dallas was 9-17 on 3rd down conversions..That is good and alot better than they have done all year on 3rd conversions

Momentum and emotion are all subjective terms. You say Dallas was 9-17 on third down conversions. That means they failed on 8 of those tries which turned the ball over to the Giants. Of course the field position battle is a big part of the game but setting that aside it appears to me that 8 failures that cause a change of possession did more damage to the Cowboys chances of winning that game than a single fumble by Barber did. On one possession during the Dallas collapse Romo failed to convert a third down pass attempt and Dallas punted to NY who returned it 31 yards for a touchdown. That's 31 yards! That means even if Dallas had tackled the returner it gives NY the ball on the Dallas 31. So which play hurt the Dallas cause worst, the Barber fumble or the Romo incompletion?

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Momentum and emotion are all subjective terms. You say Dallas was 9-17 on third down conversions. That means they failed on 8 of those tries which turned the ball over to the Giants. Of course the field position battle is a big part of the game but setting that aside it appears to me that 8 failures that cause a change of possession did more damage to the Cowboys chances of winning that game than a single fumble by Barber did. On one possession during the Dallas collapse Romo failed to convert a third down pass attempt and Dallas punted to NY who returned it 31 yards for a touchdown. That's 31 yards! That means even if Dallas had tackled the returner it gives NY the ball on the Dallas 31. So which play hurt the Dallas cause worst, the Barber fumble or the Romo incompletion?

uhh The punt return for a TD was for 79 yards, not 31 yards.

and 9-17 is DANG good..the leading team in the NFL at 3rd conversions is doing at 51%...the 2nd best is under 49%.

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
[B]eh..I think there is a huge difference in a fumble right after a team scores..Dallas was up 10-0 Giants score..Barber fumbles..Giants recover and score. The emotional rise the Giants got out of that is bigger than even a 3 and out.

QUOTE]

I agree with this idea of a momentum swing but I also have to say IF the offense puts points on the board during the previous 2 quarters of domination then the fumble isn't such a big deal. It was the failure of the offense that allowed the mistake to turn the tide so vehemently at that point.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2009, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
[B]eh..I think there is a huge difference in a fumble right after a team scores..Dallas was up 10-0 Giants score..Barber fumbles..Giants recover and score. The emotional rise the Giants got out of that is bigger than even a 3 and out.

QUOTE]

I agree with this idea of a momentum swing but I also have to say IF the offense puts points on the board during the previous 2 quarters of domination then the fumble isn't such a big deal. It was the failure of the offense that allowed the mistake to turn the tide so vehemently at that point.

The fumble happened in the 2nd Q..Dallas had scored on their last two drives a FG and a TD..that is my whole point. Dallas even with the Giants scoring making it 10-7 had mo on their side until the fumble

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 03:55 PM
uhh The punt return for a TD was for 79 yards, not 31 yards.

and 9-17 is DANG good..the leading team in the NFL at 3rd conversions is doing at 51%...the 2nd best is under 49%.

You are right! Sorry. I looked at Avg for Hixon instead of long. And 9-17 is dang good. Nobody said it wasn't. I was simply trying to show that incompletions by a QB are game changing mistakes also. If those incompletions come an bad times during a game they are as critical to your teams chances to win as any fumble is. And a QB has many, many more incompletions than any RB has fumbles. That's why a QB is held much more responsible for a teams success or failure. In this game Dallas was 9-17 on third down conversions yet they had 27 1st downs. That means they made a first down only 10 times in the game when it wasn't third down. :-( Only 10 first down or second down plays out of 61 went for enough yardage to gain a 1st down...... Maybe we just found a good reason they lost this game.