PDA

View Full Version : Loudest crowd

YTBulldogs
12-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Gotta go to Gilmer.

The arm wave they do when the band plays was awesome. Made me dizzy watching it. Good job. Ya'lls spirited fan group cheers was heard opposite of you for sure. I'm not use to seeing the Cuero Mean Green Man getting drowned out.

Both towns traveled well for this cold weather contest. Hat's off to you fans.

Looking4number8
12-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I have never been to a Gilmer game but I was very proud of how Brownwood traveled for their 3 playoff games. The last two were especially loud and proud!

lostaussie
12-06-2009, 08:11 PM
after several years of getting to the top..............we have finally about got it figured out:D we have a bunch of fans who have learned a whole lot about football in the last decade. a winning tradition will do that for you. we got 60 year old ladies in the stands hollering "holding, holding"!!!! now, thats not a dish on 60 year old ladies at all................God knows there is one on here who knows more high school football than anybody:D our fans are freaking awesome!!!!!

YTBulldogs
12-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Only Band I heard louder than the Buckeye Band this year was Brookshire Royals. Want to be entertained at a half time, you must see the BR Band.

ccmom
12-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Gotta go to Gilmer.

The arm wave they do when the band plays was awesome. Made me dizzy watching it. Good job. Ya'lls spirited fan group cheers was heard opposite of you for sure. I'm not use to seeing the Cuero Mean Green Man getting drowned out.

Both towns traveled well for this cold weather contest. Hat's off to you fans. :clap: :clap: That's awesome! Next Saturday is going to be FUN! :)

YTBulldogs
12-06-2009, 08:32 PM
CCMom, Gilmer QB is all you heard about and more.

Stop him, and you have a chance. Well, no one can stop him, slow him a tad and you have a chance.

ccmom
12-06-2009, 08:36 PM

Stop him, and you have a chance. Well, no one can stop him, slow him a tad and you have a chance.

Umm...I'll see what I can do about that! ;) LOL

lostaussie
12-06-2009, 08:37 PM

Stop him, and you have a chance. Well, no one can stop him, slow him a tad and you have a chance. you are killing me!!! stump is the train driver and last night he took the lead. took what the defense gave him. if you think he is our only weapon you are sadly mistaken. they don't give out all those scholarships for no reason. i do hope though, we can get a little healthier this week. no excuses from me though because i'm sure wylie is beat up too.......................who is the home team??? just need to know whether to be in white or black:D

ccmom
12-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
you are killing me!!! stump is the train driver and last night he took the lead. took what the defense gave him. if you think he is our only weapon you are sadly mistaken. they don't give out all those scholarships for no reason. i do hope though, we can get a little healthier this week. no excuses from me though because i'm sure wylie is beat up too.......................who is the home team??? just need to know whether to be in white or black:D

Wylie is the home team.

lostaussie
12-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Wylie is the home team. thats good........we got our 1st championship in white...............our 2nd will be the same. Jeff must suck at the coin flip:D

NateDawg39
12-06-2009, 08:42 PM
whos Gilmer

lostaussie
12-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
whos Gilmer your worst freaking nightmare!!!

NateDawg39
12-06-2009, 08:47 PM
your worst freaking nightmare!!! I think cheerios are more nightmarish...and Italian football clubs

ivchris
12-06-2009, 08:53 PM
whos Gilmer

Gomer Pyle's brother, Gilmer.

N4SIR
12-06-2009, 09:06 PM
whos Gilmer
See if you can find a copy of the Dec 2007 copy of your local newspaper. That will tell you who Gilmer is.

NateDawg39
12-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
See if you can find a copy of the Dec 2007 copy of your local newspaper. That will tell you who Gilmer is. The Wise County Messenger wouldnt be able to I bet ;)

lostaussie
12-06-2009, 09:11 PM
The Wise County Messenger wouldnt be able to I bet ;) ask your coaches..............i promise they remember

NateDawg39
12-06-2009, 09:13 PM
ask your coaches..............i promise they remember lol No probably still in drinking mode at that point in the season :P

N4SIR
12-06-2009, 09:18 PM
ask your coaches..............i promise they remember
I can't quit laughing at your tag line. You've been waiting and you finally got it

lostaussie
12-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I can't quit laughing at your tag line. You've been waiting and you finally got it :D

TOPS1435
12-07-2009, 04:07 AM
Actually one could argue that Bulldogs have been our favorite target this year. Gilmer beat three Bulldog teams in the regular season: Jasper, Kilgore, and Chapel Hill and then added a Bulldog, Jasper, in the playoffs.

I noticed there are 18 Bulldogs in 3A. We are ready to take on one more.

jason
12-07-2009, 08:37 AM
The Wise County Messenger wouldnt be able to I bet ;)

lol @ wise county.....

http://levgartman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/redneck.jpg

poisoned10
12-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by jason
lol @ wise county.....

http://levgartman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/redneck.jpg

Oh man, that was hillarious!

garciap77
12-07-2009, 10:00 AM
See if you can find a copy of the Dec 2007 copy of your local newspaper. That will tell you who Gilmer is.
:thinking:

The're the team that lost to Liberty Hill 38 to 13 in the 2007 State Championship Game!:D

;)

poisoned10
12-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
:thinking:

The're the team that lost to Liberty Hill 38 to 13 in the 2007 State Championship Game!:D

;)

And beat Wylie, 28-21, en route! :D

Green Bling
12-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Back to the original, "Loudest Fans" question. Having sat across from both AW and Gilmer, I'd have to go with AW. Gilmer, I loved your band yells. Have been fussing about Cuero's lack thereof for years, but AW has awesome volume.
For you noise sensitive fans, bring your earmuffs. Hope the Gobblers get another chance at both of you. Good luck and safe travels to Dallas. I'll "see ya on the radio!" :D :D

ccmom
12-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Back to the original, "Loudest Fans" question. Having sat across from both AW and Gilmer, I'd have to go with AW. Gilmer, I loved your band yells. Have been fussing about Cuero's lack thereof for years, but AW has awesome volume.
For you noise sensitive fans, bring your earmuffs. Hope the Gobblers get another chance at both of you. Good luck and safe travels to Dallas. I'll "see ya on the radio!" :D :D

Is it Saturday yet? I can't wait!! :D

Deuce
12-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I only wish Graham fans were in this discussion. Heck, we had people behind us Friday night that ask us to set down during pregame warmups. We politley told them that we would be standing and raising cane all night, and they would have to move if they didn't like it. Maybe this playoff run will start putting a little fire in some of the ones who think they are to good to get off their rear ends. I will give credit to Abilene Wylie crowds, their fans do now how to bring it on FRI. NIGHTS!!

LE Dad
12-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
I only wish Graham fans were in this discussion. Heck, we had people behind us Friday night that ask us to set down during pregame warmups. We politley told them that we would be standing and raising cane all night, and they would have to move if they didn't like it. Maybe this playoff run will start putting a little fire in some of the ones who think they are to good to get off their rear ends. I will give credit to Abilene Wylie crowds, their fans do now how to bring it on FRI. NIGHTS!! Wait till you see Pitt fans :D

Deuce
12-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Wait till you see Pitt fans :D

Look forward to it, but once you have seen Wylie and BWOOD fans you have seen some of the best.

LE Dad
12-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Look forward to it, but once you have seen Wylie and BWOOD fans you have seen some of the best. Yeah I have heard Wylie gets loud, and I will get to see first hand Saturday. These Pitt folks can bring some noise too. I expect them to be there with a large variety of noise making devices.:D They will rattle and beat the whole game :) I don't know how the early game time will affect attendence :confused: but should be a good crowd.

Deuce
12-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Yeah I have heard Wylie gets loud, and I will get to see first hand Saturday. These Pitt folks can bring some noise too. I expect them to be there with a large variety of noise making devices.:D They will rattle and beat the whole game :) I don't know how the early game time will affect attendence :confused: but should be a good crowd.

Yeah, was really wanting this game to be Sat. I can understand McCoy wanting to go to the Heisman ceremony though.

LE Dad
12-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah, was really wanting this game to be Sat. I can understand McCoy wanting to go to the Heisman ceremony though. The dad part of me does but the fan part says play at 1 Sat and haul to DF/W and make to NYC just in time. Lol:D

Deuce
12-07-2009, 01:00 PM
AGREE!