PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys and Giants

CelinaCatFan
12-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Gametime..let's go boys!

mchavez
12-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I wish Cowboys would just get rid of Adams. He's worthless!

XtremeCouture
12-06-2009, 06:24 PM
wow. most blatant holding call ever missed and leads to giants touchdown. this is just stupid

Keith7
12-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
wow. most blatant holding call ever missed and leads to giants touchdown. this is just stupid

:( :( :weeping:

mchavez
12-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture

yup i saw that too!

mchavez
12-06-2009, 06:31 PM
haha they finally acknowledged it lol

mchavez
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
time to cut the kicker!!

mchavez
12-06-2009, 07:03 PM
COWBOYS SUCK!!!

coach
12-06-2009, 07:04 PM
i hpepeople realize that none of this was romos fault.....barber cant hold on to the football, garret keeps giving the ball to felix when he hasnt done anything all game, and the defense just sucks

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by coach
i hpepeople realize that none of this was romos fault.....barber cant hold on to the football, garret keeps giving the ball to felix when he hasnt done anything all game, and the defense just sucks

I agree that Garrett blows in his play calling. Romo has been spot on the entire game except for that missed TD right then. Freaking sucks that the Giants are going to beat us again:mad:

Exactly NOT what we needed headed into the Chargers and then the Saints. Could be 3 loses in a row if things don't start coming together.

STANG RED
12-06-2009, 07:11 PM
How can a 8-3 team SUCK this bad?:confused:

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 07:13 PM
:1popcorn:

PhiI C
12-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Hopefully the Cowboys can win next week. They always seem to do bad in December. :(

Looking4number8
12-06-2009, 07:19 PM

I agree, a punt return that should have gone for no gain, a 74 yard run after a catch in the flat. I think we should have scored more points but defense and special teams gave NY 14 points.

Also I am now officially off the Roy Williams band wagon. It looks like if the ball is not thrown perfect to him, he makes no special effort to go after it. One in the end zone that he just stuck his hands up but did not adjust his body and the one that Romo over threw but instead of jumping and at least making an effort, he just slowed up.

hookandladder
Originally posted by IHStangFan
:1popcorn:

Romo will never be a consistance a winner in the NFL, half his passes are lucky to be caught. He is not a good NFL QB and yes I am a Cowboy fan, Cowboy's need to draft a good QB.

Daddy D 11
Originally posted by STANG RED
How can a 8-3 team SUCK this bad?:confused:

They really didn't suck today. Barbers fumble was bone-headed.

But I thought a BIG mistake was Jason Garretts decision on the first drive to NOT get under center and run the ball with Barber on 3rd and 2. Instead he elects to put Romo in the shotgun with Felix by his side and Martellus drops a sure firstdown. I understand the play call obviously worked but the old saying "When you throw the ball, 3 things can happen and 2 are bad" comes to mind. I mean I highly doubt Barber wouldn't have gotten 2 yards and the first down to continue the opening drive and put some points on the board.

pirate4state
12-06-2009, 07:20 PM
I am officially ready to jump on the Saints bandwagon.

:hairpunk:

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Romo will never be a consistance a winner in the NFL, half his passes are lucky to be caught. He is not a good NFL QB and yes I am a Cowboy fan, Cowboy's need to draft a good QB.

Stupidity.

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

No!:mad: LOL stay faithful:cheerl:

mchavez
12-06-2009, 07:22 PM

he just set a completion record... today was not his fault

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Romo will never be a consistance a winner in the NFL, half his passes are lucky to be caught. He is not a good NFL QB and yes I am a Cowboy fan, Cowboy's need to draft a good QB. I've never been sold on the guy...but SSSSHHH!!! Romonators will be here any minutes to "take you out".

STANG RED
12-06-2009, 07:23 PM

If you paid any attention to the game today you'd know Romo isnt the one that lost this one. The Boys spotting 14 easy points is what got them beat.

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Looked to me like it went off a giants helmet first

coach
12-06-2009, 07:27 PM

392 passing yards....3 tds yea its all his fault

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Why did Joe Buck just throw out those random stats about Wade Phillips? LOL

navscanmaster
12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
No, Sam Hurd is an idiot. How are you at a professional level if you don't know to wait 10 yards. If he would have pulled his moronic hands back, Dallas ball and 50 seconds to tie in great field position.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
If you paid any attention to the game today you'd know Romo isnt the one that lost this one. The Boys spotting 14 easy points is what got them beat. As much as I don't like Romo, and am not a fan.....this is accurate.

Looking4number8
12-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I just told my son in law the exact same thing.
For the first time in my life I might cheer againsr the boys when they play the saints in a couple of weeks

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Last year and after the last Giants game this year I was a Romo hater but after stepping back for a while and looking back at alot of games I've noticed that in most cases Jason Garret or the defense has screwed Tony Romo. Now there are some cases where he has flat out lost it for the Cowboys but I really think it all goes back to Wade Phillips and leadership. He has never proven he's a true winner and under him the Cowboys have never proven it either. I wouldn't trade and/or get rid of Romo because he is one of the better QB's in the league but what I would do is clean house on the entire staff and get some authority in there. Still think Singletary was EXACTLY what was needed, not to mention he already lived in Dallas and it just would've been easy lol

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
No, Sam Hurd is an idiot. How are you at a professional level if you don't know to wait 10 yards. If he would have pulled his moronic hands back, Dallas ball and 50 seconds to tie in great field position.

many onside attempts ruined cause ball touched to early. It is not stupidity..not like Hurd has time to run 10 yards, look doen make sure he is 10 yards down the field then turn back and find the ball

If hurd does not jump up the Giant has an easy shot at the ball

Deuce
12-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I love the cowboys, but we are just a good team not an elite team. And a good team will not cut it. I really hope Phillips is gone after this year.

TheDOCTORdre
12-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
I love the cowboys, but we are just a good team not an elite team. And a good team will not cut it. I really hope Phillips is gone after this year.

me too but I dont want Garrett to replace him

coach
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM
the defense/special teams could not tackle today...and ever since wade phillips took over the cowboys 2 minute defense is horrible

Deuce
12-06-2009, 08:01 PM
the defense/special teams could not tackle today...and ever since wade phillips took over the cowboys 2 minute defense is horrible

Wade Phillips is horrible, and I dont want Garrett to take over either! We really messed up letting Sean Payton go.

coach
12-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
Wade Phillips is horrible, and I dont want Garrett to take over either! We really messed up letting Sean Payton go.

we didnt let him go...he was offered a head coaching job

Deuce
12-06-2009, 08:19 PM
we didnt let him go...he was offered a head coaching job
Well we obiously should have offered him the world then!

statewide
12-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Our qb can't throw an accurate pass. For every accurate pass, 4 are behind receivers. There is a reason we have choked ever since Romo came to town.

steers2
12-06-2009, 08:41 PM
scandrick sucks. everytime he goes in, they complete a pass on him for big yardage.

Maroon87
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by statewide
Our qb can't throw an accurate pass. For every accurate pass, 4 are behind receivers. There is a reason we have choked ever since Romo came to town.

"Our QB" was 41-55, 391 yds and 3 TD's today. What more do you want?:confused:

Emerson1
12-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Since Romo came to town??? You do know it's been like 13 years since the Cowboys made the playoffs. Romo has been QB for 3 years? Would you rather have Chad Hutchinson or Vinny Testaverde?

Originally posted by steers2
scandrick sucks. everytime he goes in, they complete a pass on him for big yardage.
Only smart thing said in this thread so far. He is to scared to hit to. Well then again the entire secondary is.

DDBooger
12-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
"Our QB" was 41-55, 391 yds and 3 TD's today. What more do you want?:confused: levitation and Tebow'esque WILL TO VICTORY!!!

gobbler grad
12-06-2009, 10:03 PM

:2thumbsup

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 10:08 PM

Agree totally, Romo will not succeed in the NFL.

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Stupidity.

Your stupid opinion.

Maroon87
12-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Agree totally, Romo will not succeed in the NFL.

Could you clarify that? In your opinion, what would he need to do to succeed? I know, win a Super Bowl, but short of that what is your definition of "succeeding in the NFL"?

I'm just curious, because judging somebody's success tends to be very subjective.

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Could you clarify that? In your opinion, what would he need to do to succeed? I know, win a Super Bowl, but short of that what is your definition of "succeeding in the NFL"?

I'm just curious, because judging somebody's success tends to be very subjective.

Romo is a gun slinger, when it's going his way he can have success. I just think his style will not be successful in the long run, no matter how you look at success of a team it comes down to the QB. I think he is more lucky than good, just my opinion.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Romo is a gun slinger, when it's going his way he can have success. I just think his style will not be successful in the long run, no matter how you look at success of a team it comes down to the QB. I think he is more lucky than good, just my opinion.

well dang I wish I had his luck with all this luck

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
well dang I wish I had his luck with all this luck

When playoffs role around luck won't get it done, been there before.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 10:45 PM
When playoffs role around luck won't get it done, been there before.

yep all those play-off games he has lost..TWO..tell me..before Peyton started having success in playoffs was he just lucky?

What about Eli..Was he just lucky the one year they won SB, cause he has sucked every other year in the play-offs

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yep all those play-off games he has lost..TWO..tell me..before Peyton started having success in playoffs was he just lucky?

What about Eli..Was he just lucky the one year they won SB, cause he has sucked every other year in the play-offs

They are not gunslingers.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Txb....I love your enthusiasm, and respect a lot of what you have to say around here....but when it comes to UT and the Cowboys, you are the biggest homer I've ever seen in my life. Comparing Romo to Manning (of the Peyton variety) is like comparing an AMG Mercedes to a riced out Honda Civic. Manning, the AMG, is an amazing thing to behold, is methodical, is classy, looks good doing what it does, is THE benchmark. Romo, the riced out Civic...sure...he's fast, flashy, can win some races, but in the end...is still a Honda, but has reliability issues due to heavy modification. :D