PDA

View Full Version : TCU projected to play...

XtremeCouture
12-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Boise St. according to ESPN. way to go BCS. let the bcs busters play each other so they can't prove they are better than the big conferences.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
Boise St. according to ESPN. way to go BCS. let the bcs busters play each other so they can't prove they are better than the big conferences. no kidding....but it figures. :mad:

Matthew328
12-06-2009, 01:37 PM
its just sorry.....I'd be so upset if that happens..absolute slap in the face

Gobbla2001
12-06-2009, 01:37 PM
lalalalalalaLAME!

44INAROW
12-06-2009, 01:48 PM
I know am just a girl and don"t understand all this BCS stuff> but why don"t they have playoffs like the DIV 2 college teams.. (SFA/Richmond and the likes)? That seems to be the fair way to do it and not have the fiasco each year?

Matthew328
12-06-2009, 01:50 PM
LOL it would take weeks for us to explain....

CelinaCatFan
12-06-2009, 01:51 PM
It would make too much sense! :D

GTownballer
12-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Goes to show ya, this system has got, and I repeat got to be changed,,,Has to be a playoff bracket , and playoffs through Dec. (imagine that) until an eventual National Champion, in Jan. Bowl Games can simply be playoff games in SEC, Big 10, Big 12 etc.

XtremeCouture
12-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I know am just a girl and don"t understand all this BCS stuff> but why don"t they have playoffs like the DIV 2 college teams.. (SFA/Richmond and the likes)? That seems to be the fair way to do it and not have the fiasco each year?
the most used excuses are they don't want the players playing 18 game seasons, it interferes with finals (haha, yeah cuz i bet half the players are magically exempt from them), more money in the bcs, more exciting matchups, etc. it comes down to money and the fact is if somehow the top teams got upset and TCU ended up playing Iowa in the national championship it would get bad ratings and not sell many tickets and stuff like that. it's really stupid.

Tsip85
12-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Sounds like their trying to avoid more controversy. What I don;t understand is, from what I see, they will have TCU higher than Cioncy, yet Cincy gets to play the better team (FL). If If you're going to put the #1 and #2 up against each other, why not put 3 v. 4 and 5v 6? Makes no sense to me.

I predict the top 5, before the bowl games, to look like this:

'Bama
TX
FL
TCU
Cincy

I THINK it ought to look more like this:

'Bama
TX
TCU
Cincy
FL

trojan37
12-06-2009, 02:30 PM
The way Texas has played the last 2 weeks, TCU could beat them, and I'm a Longhorn fan. That's sad.

XtremeCouture
12-06-2009, 02:31 PM
yeah same here. i don't even want to watch the butt-whoopin' bama is gonna lay on them....

Gobbla2001
12-06-2009, 02:34 PM
UT won't play that bad three games in a row... doesn't mean I'm sold on them beating Bama...

navscanmaster
12-06-2009, 02:37 PM
TCU and Cincinatti are getting robbed. Plain and simple. I hate to say it, but I would actually appreciate Congress getting involved in this more than steroids and such. I think that we all know that it is about money and the power that comes with being a large university in a top conference. For all purposes, the system is corrupt. This congress and president, politics aside, have said that rooting out corruption and yes, in a better sense of the phrase, spreading the wealth and opportunity is a top mission. Fixing the BCS monopoly somehow would be a big achievement and something voters would remember.

Like I said, shorten the season if necessary. Maybe 11 games instead of 12. Have your conference championships. Then have the champions of each conference seeded by ranking, which still uses the BCS formula. Then have a few wild card teams, also ranked by BCS, fill out the brackets. That means that the national title contenders play a maximum of 16 games. That is only 2 more than the Big 12 and SEC are playing now if they reach the championship game.

trojan37
12-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I think Ingram will have a field day on the Texas D. They've got to figure out a way to shut him down, or they don't stand a chance.

carter08
12-06-2009, 02:44 PM
I think they should get ride of the FCS playoffs and make them do bowls to. You know, to help the students so they have more time to study for finals and stuff.

JasperDog94
12-06-2009, 02:44 PM
The +1 that so many are fond of wouldn't even solve the problem this year. There are 5 undefeated teams this year...all deserving of a shot at the MNC.

JasperDog94
12-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I think they should get ride of the FCS playoffs and make them do bowls to. You know, to help the students so they have more time to study for finals and stuff. After all it IS for the kids...right?;)

carter08
12-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
After all it IS for the kids...right?;)

And making these students at small universities put themselves at more risk is terrible.

Also, let's eliminate the NCAA Touney and have computer pick the Final 4.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I think Ingram will have a field day on the Texas D. They've got to figure out a way to shut him down, or they don't stand a chance.

IMO only Bama moves ball well on Texas is for McElroy to have a big game..if Texas is able to key on Ingram they will shut him down

JasperDog94
12-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by carter08
And making these students at small universities put themselves at more risk is terrible.

Also, let's eliminate the NCAA Touney and have computer pick the Final 4. That makes sense. We certainly wouldn't want student athletes to miss out on the downtime of spring break and become too stressed out later in the spring. THINK OF THE CHILDREN AND SHOW SOME COMPASSION!:mad:

Gobbla2001
12-06-2009, 03:06 PM
I say we release the BCS rankings at the start of the season and put 'em all in their bowl games...

NastySlot
12-06-2009, 04:11 PM
i think tcu and boise should play other teams...not each other....think most of agree...........but am i wrong...it's the bcs..system to match other teams other than 1 v 2...after that is set...the bowls revert to an order to pick teams.....am i wrong......so rose bowl has a pac10/big10 tie....sugar and sec tie and fiesta a big xii.

carter08
12-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That makes sense. We certainly wouldn't want student athletes to miss out on the downtime of spring break and become too stressed out later in the spring. THINK OF THE CHILDREN AND SHOW SOME COMPASSION!:mad:

And the NCAA Baseball tournament needs to end before summer. Make that an 8 team week long tournament right after finals.

wildstangs
12-06-2009, 05:05 PM
CBS bowl predictions have TCU VS. Ga. Tech in Orange Bowl and Boise VS. Iowa in Fiesta. Hoping it goes that way. Boise Vs. TCU would be like watching any other WAC or Mountain West game on any given Saturday.

squid
12-06-2009, 05:09 PM
How sold were all you folks on Bama last week in their razor thin win over Auburn?

mchavez
12-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I would like to see TCU vs Florida so FLA would crush them and prove to the world TCU doesn't belong with the big boys.

slpybear the bullfan
12-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
Boise St. according to ESPN. way to go BCS faggots. let the bcs busters play each other so they can't prove they are better than the big conferences.

TCU needs to go JOIN a big conference if they want to be considered a big dog.

XtremeCouture
12-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
have they been offered a spot in one?

carter08
12-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

No one wants them.

The MWC needs to split into a West and East division and add Boise, Fresno, Houston, SMU, and Nevada. Maybe Troy.

trojan37
12-06-2009, 06:42 PM
What they need to do is put Baylor in that 5A district with Cove, Temple, etc... and put TCU in the Big 12.:D

jason
12-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
What they need to do is put Baylor in that 5A district with Cove, Temple, etc... and put TCU in the Big 12.:D baylor's best player if from cove....

TheDOCTORdre
12-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
I would like to see TCU vs Florida so FLA would crush them and prove to the world TCU doesn't belong with the big boys.

TCU would donkey stomp Florida and we would get another highlight reel of Tim Tebow crying

Deuce
12-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Just reported TCU/Boise in Fiesta

TheDOCTORdre
12-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
Just reported TCU/Boise in Fiesta

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

NastySlot
12-06-2009, 08:06 PM
it s official.......tcu v. boise state..........college missed out on something really good......should have matched them up automatic q's

so well have the national champion undefeated and the winner of this game.

XtremeCouture
12-06-2009, 08:07 PM
cincy could be too but yeah two undefeateds for sure. bcs once again proves how good it is for college football

wildstangs
12-06-2009, 08:09 PM
BCS screwed up on this one. Boise and TCU should both be pissed off. What does the winner of this one accomplish? Just another win over a non BCS school.

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 08:12 PM
The BCS is just bailing themselves out by pitting TCU and Boise against each other. One more undefeated team is sure to lose and then you put Cincy up against Florida to pretty much make sure Cincy loses too. And then Bama and Texas will knock one of the others off and all the sudden the BCS looks a little better with only 2 undefeated teams.

It's BS:mad:

All the BCS matchups suck this year.

XtremeCouture
12-06-2009, 08:14 PM
IMO, the bcs will always look bad with 2 undefeated teams. having 3 would cause riots.

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 08:17 PM
If they wouldn't have rigged it, there could have been 4.

Texas or Bama.
Tcu.
Boise.
Cincy.

Deuce
12-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
The BCS is just bailing themselves out by pitting TCU and Boise against each other. One more undefeated team is sure to lose and then you put Cincy up against Florida to pretty much make sure Cincy loses too. And then Bama and Texas will knock one of the others off and all the sudden the BCS looks a little better with only 2 undefeated teams.

It's BS:mad:

All the BCS matchups suck this year.

We actually agree this week!

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
We actually agree this week!

We agreed every week I just switched sides to have fun and give you guys some crap.