PDA

View Full Version : DI State Championship Game: Abilene Wylie vs Gilmer

Pages : [1] 2

bobcat4life
12-05-2009, 11:17 PM
who ya got?

M-town lobo fan
12-05-2009, 11:21 PM
My Hearts with Wylie but my $ on Gilmer lol!

Pawdaddy
12-05-2009, 11:22 PM
I will have to get back to you on a "who I got." Right now, I'm on oxygen and having stitches put in the ends of all my fingers where I used to have nails.

Buckeye1980
12-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Must you ask?

Ranger Mom
12-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
I will have to get back to you on a "who I got." Right now, I'm on oxygen and having stitches put in the ends of all my fingers where I used to have nails.

I know where you are coming from...between the Gilmer/Cuero, AW/LL and Texas/NEbraska game...I am STRESSING!!!

DU_stud04
12-05-2009, 11:27 PM
the game i've been looking at all season long. i'm a fan of both teams, but i'm sticking true to my signature. go buckeyes!

cr180t
12-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Yea me as well and I am just a fan

lulu
12-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Going with the Bucks:D
I said in August the the road to the State Championship would go through Gilmer. So here we go.
I think Wiley will bring it and bring it tough but my loyalities are with our 17 3A team and neighbors.

I have to be in Austin for the daughters baby shower...maybe they will go there.

LE Dad
12-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Buckeyes.... sHOULD .... Win:D

wyliefan
12-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Anyone know time and place, DFW area I guess?

Ranger Mom
12-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by wyliefan
Anyone know time and place, DFW area I guess?

I heard early either SMU or TCU....haven't heard a "for sure" yet!!

michaelp23
12-05-2009, 11:58 PM
TCU is grass isn't it? Don't think Sandifer would go for that. Wylie hasn't played on grass all year.

Daddy D 11
12-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
TCU is grass isn't it? Don't think Sandifer would go for that. Wylie hasn't played on grass all year.

Really? No grass? DANG.

blowfish
12-06-2009, 12:00 AM
I would rather play in a parking lot than TCU

wyliefan
12-06-2009, 12:06 AM
How big is Justin NW, that place is new and has turf?

michaelp23
12-06-2009, 12:09 AM
I vote SMU. It's a nice, newer stadium with turf. It's plenty big, but not so big that you'd feel like you are playing in an empty stadium (Jerry's World, TCU).

turbostud
12-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know where you are coming from...between the Gilmer/Cuero, AW/LL and Texas/NEbraska game...I am STRESSING!!!

Add the Sinton/La Grange game to that list. I couldnt keep up. I eventually just put down my laptop and watched the UT game.

wyliefan
12-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Just heard saturday at SMU, working on the time.

STANG RED
12-06-2009, 12:23 AM
I've seen Wylie win way too many games that they should have never been able to compete in athletically. I'm not about to bet against them now, no matter how good Gilmer may be.
Somehow the DAWGS will find a way to win! Bet the farm on it.
:D

cr180t
12-06-2009, 12:29 AM
The Dawgs are very Athletic year in and year out.

Ranger Mom
12-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Just heard saturday at SMU, working on the time.

That's what I just heard!!

j_dog
12-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Gilmer. They got their scare out of the way with Cuero tonight.

TheDOCTORdre
12-06-2009, 01:13 AM
All I know is I need an excuse to get my wedding date changed so I can get to this game

blowfish
12-06-2009, 01:56 AM
Sat @ SMU time tbd

STANG RED
12-06-2009, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
All I know is I need an excuse to get my wedding date changed so I can get to this game

Sorry but Im having a hard time feeling sorry for you Dre. You know as well as anyone when the playoffs are played, yet you scheduled your wedding then anyway.:confused:
Keep your cell phone on during the ceremony, we'll text you the scores. :D No doubt that'll free you up for the following weekend.:doh:

easttexas3a
12-06-2009, 03:52 AM
High for Dallas is 58 that day with an overnight low of 41. Wind to be 6-10 mph. Anyone know who well that stadium will deal with wind?

3afan
12-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Ford Stadium's playing surface is below street level so light winds won't be much of a factor

its a great place to watch a game, only problem is parking ... whenever I've gone to a game there I rode the DART train in, its only about 1/2 mile from the Mockingbird station

statewide
12-06-2009, 09:23 AM
I would love to see Wylie win it, but you can't pick against Gilmer. I see Gilmer winning this game and then the State Championship. Where will the big game be played this year?

ccmom
12-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by statewide
I would love to see Wylie win it, but you can't pick against Gilmer. I see Gilmer winning this game and then the State Championship. Where will the big game be played this year? This is the "big game" (State Championship) and it will be Saturday at SMU.

LE Dad
12-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
Ford Stadium's playing surface is below street level so light winds won't be much of a factor

its a great place to watch a game, only problem is parking ... whenever I've gone to a game there I rode the DART train in, its only about 1/2 mile from the Mockingbird station The stadium is a bit tricky to get to and you will have a bit of a walk to stadium, but once you get in it is nice. One of the better places to watch a game. Sound carries well and plenty of seating.

tank96
12-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I've seen Wylie win way too many games that they should have never been able to compete in athletically. I'm not about to bet against them now, no matter how good Gilmer may be.

You could be one of the most insightful individuals on the planet!!

"Never underestimate the heart of a Champion!"

blowfish
12-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by statewide
I would love to see Wylie win it, but you can't pick against Gilmer. I see Gilmer winning this game and then the State Championship. Where will the big game be played this year?

Hello!!! This game is for the State Championship... there is no game after this one.

waterboy
12-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Go ahead, bet the farm........;) You will lose it! Gilmer will find a way to win this game.:cool:

BuckeyeNut
12-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Were is the poll? I want to see 600 votes for AW and 39 for Gilmer.

HATERS:D :D :D

markp08
12-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag

Haters!?!?! Please:rolleyes:

Gilmer is clearly the favorite and should be. Wylie is just glad to be here. We just hope we can carry your jocks for you by the time this game is over.:D :D

BuckeyeNut
12-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by markp08

Gilmer is clearly the favorite and should be. Wylie is just glad to be here. We just hope we can carry your jocks for you by the time this game is over.:D :D

You wait and see the poll votes. Its was 129 for the Gobblers and 39 for Gilmer you can't say that there is no hating going on :D :D

garciap77
12-06-2009, 11:31 AM

:tisk:

markp08
12-06-2009, 11:34 AM
You wait and see the poll votes. Its was 129 for the Gobblers and 39 for Gilmer you can't say that there is no hating going on :D :D

Trust me! There will be NO Gilmer hating going on this week.

LionFan72
12-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Another slobberknocking game between two beatup warriors. GO Dawgs, if you got in ya, lay it on the line. CHAMPIONS '09.

Inmateboss
12-06-2009, 11:36 AM

It's a DAWG thing!!! Just wiat till Garcia gets the old computer fired up :doh:!!! Good luck to both teams, no injuries, and may the best team WIN!!!!!

GO WYLIE !!!!! GO WYLIE !!!!!!! GO WYLIE !!!!!! GO WYLIE !!!!!! :cheerl: :inlove: :cheerl: :2thumbsup

Inmateboss
12-06-2009, 11:39 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Inmateboss
12-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Another slobberknocking game between two beatup warriors. GO Dawgs, if you got in ya, lay it on the line. CHAMPIONS '09.

Slobberknocking, I like that, has a good ring to it!!!!:D :D

wyliegrad04
12-06-2009, 11:53 AM
anyone heard anything about a time? i'm really hoping for a 7/730 game ... NOT afternoon!

theoldoaktree
12-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Go ahead, bet the farm........;) You will lose it! Gilmer will find a way to win this game.:cool: your signature says.. offense wins games, but defense wins champoinships, and wylie has one of the top three defences in the state in 3A and your picking them to lose, wylie will play their butts off this week and im predicting a wylie win. GO DAWGS!!!

RMAC
12-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Hopefully its at 730. Denison v Aledo was scheduled at SMU for 2 on Saturday but I'm now seeing that game as being played at Denton Collins instead.

Tsip85
12-06-2009, 12:22 PM
After watching the Gilmer/Cuero game last night, I think we're in for another fight. Gilmer really struggled establishing a running game. Goddfried(sp?) looks like a reincarnated Vince Young, and their offense completely revolves around him. the Gilmer OL has offers some of the best pass protection i've seen from any team this year. This is big, because their receivers are good athletes with lots of spped,and this just buys them time to get open. However, good secondary coverage, and the fact that gilmer doesn not have a solid running attack will play heavily into the Dogs favor. If Wylie can contain #10 and STAY HOME in the back side when he runs...Wylie wins this game.

Stop #10= Wylie State Championship.

Best of luck to both teams.

gobbler grad
12-06-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm taking Gilmer...just don't see anybody in Texas have an answer to stop Godfrey...if he ain't throwing, well then he's running...:confused: he's awesome

Gilmer in another close one...38-27

poisoned10
12-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Tsip85
If Wylie can contain #10 and STAY HOME in the back side when he runs...Wylie wins this game.

Why didn't anyone think of that before now? :thinking:

Maybe it's easier said than done. :doh:

And I promise you, Gilmer has a run game. We have 4 different running backs that can put up 100 yards at any given game. We just happen to use them all equally so their stats aren't very impressive. Same with the recievers. We use so many and spread it around that it would be hard to find a "standout" just looking at the stats.

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Gilmer and Cuero, two best teams in D-1. Gilmer beats down Wylie, Gilmer by 2 Td's.

LE Dad
12-06-2009, 01:33 PM
You got it.
Stop him from passing to one of a dozen or so receivers that will constantly run in and out of the game. Stop him from running around, by, or over an overextended secondary.

Watched 2 Lovejoy games and 2 Gilmer games. Gilmer has more weapons, speed and power than Lovejoy. I do not know about their injuries. I noticed some walking wounded in the Jasper game, but I think Wylie is probably in similar shape.
I hope this game is as exciting as yesterdays were.

Inmateboss
12-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Gilmer and Cuero, two best teams in D-1. Gilmer beats down Wylie, Gilmer by 2 Td's.

Gilmer will have a good game but Wylie wins it !!!!

Tsip85
12-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Why didn't anyone think of that before now? :thinking:

Maybe it's easier said than done. :doh:

And I promise you, Gilmer has a run game. We have 4 different running backs that can put up 100 yards at any given game. We just happen to use them all equally so their stats aren't very impressive. Same with the recievers. We use so many and spread it around that it would be hard to find a "standout" just looking at the stats.

HA! Definately easier said than done. The kid is a stud. no doubt about it! I agree with the statement that there is no "standout receiver." They are all good athletes, and Godfrey does a good job of spreading the ball around. But I just was not impressed at all with their ground game last night. Godfrey was the only real threat on the ground. But, as I said before, he reminds me of VY. He is a gamer and he makes the big plays. If Wylie can stop him on the ground, then I think they have a real shot at winning this. But, that is a big "IF."

Anyone know where Godfrey is going next year? He's going to improve somebody's offense!

garciap77
12-06-2009, 02:17 PM

Bulldogs 9 36.00%
Buckeyes 16 64.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%

HATER!:D

N4SIR
12-06-2009, 02:24 PM
HA! Definately easier said than done. The kid is a stud. no doubt about it! I agree with the statement that there is no "standout receiver." They are all good athletes, and Godfrey does a good job of spreading the ball around. But I just was not impressed at all with their ground game last night. Godfrey was the only real threat on the ground. But, as I said before, he reminds me of VY. He is a gamer and he makes the big plays. If Wylie can stop him on the ground, then I think they have a real shot at winning this. But, that is a big "IF."

Anyone know where Godfrey is going next year? He's going to improve somebody's offense!
Kansas State and Tulsa are the two universities that are being mentioned right now.

BuckeyeNut
12-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Bulldogs 9 36.00%
Buckeyes 16 64.00%

IT's early:hand: :hand:

Eagle1
12-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Will the winner of this game be considered the top 3A team of the decade? I know Liberty Hill, Cuero, Celina and Tatum might have an arguement, but Celina and Tatum did most of their damage in 2A, and Liberty Hill has not been as consistent as these two over a ten year span. Cuero has not won the big one this decade. I would say that not only is this for the state championship but it is for the greatest 3a team of this decade. what a great way to close out this decade.

wyliegrad04
12-06-2009, 03:34 PM
any idea what time this will be played?

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Gilmer will have a good game but Wylie wins it !!!!

Not gonna happen, Wylie will go down. Two best teams have already played.

lighthouse_lady
12-06-2009, 03:58 PM

After watching the LL/Wylie game last night, I don't see how you could possibly say that. It seems like the top four are all incredible, and incredibly close (in terms of talent, luck, skill, momentum, stats, etc).

I can't wait for Saturday! :clap:

markp08
12-06-2009, 04:01 PM

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it hookandladder?

lulu
12-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Bulldogs 9 36.00%
Buckeyes 16 64.00%

Shows intelligence on the part of 16 people:D Hi 77:)

gibby
12-06-2009, 04:18 PM
After watching the Wylie game last night; you can never count the dawgs out. They just keep coming back, over and over. This was a great warm up for the Gilmer. Their quarterback was the best player on their side of the ball. These kids really have heart. Lovejoy's young program was very impressive. They played a very tough Wylie defense and looked good doing it. They will go far in 4a. This game was what high school football is all about.

I say Wylie by 4 in the last 15 seconds.

poisoned10
12-06-2009, 04:38 PM
I just got word that the game will be at 6 pm on Saturday.

Gilmer Buckeyes (14-0) vs Abilene Wylie Bulldogs (12-1), Saturday, 6 pm @ Ford Stadium, SMU

Gilmer will be the 'visiting' team.

Tsip85
12-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by gibby
They will go far in 4a.

Are you hoping to get rid of us, gibby? Unless UIL decides to add more 5A schools, thus lowering the cut off numbers, Lovejoy will remain 3A for two more years. I beleive the number we put in this year for the next realignment was roughly 30 students under the CURRENT cut off number. The past trends has been for that number to rise. Fingers are crossed that the trend does not reverse this year!! If we stay 3A for this next realignment period, I say LL wins it's fist state championship in 2011!

squid
12-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Wylie's website now saying 6 p.m.

http://www.wylie.esc14.net/

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by markp08
Ignorance is bliss, isn't it hookandladder? [/QUOTE

Picking against your team makes me ignorant, Sorry you cannot handle it. Get over it, the two best teams already played. Not everyone will pick your team, that's just the way it is.

gibby
12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Are you hoping to get rid of us, gibby? Unless UIL decides to add more 5A schools, thus lowering the cut off numbers, Lovejoy will remain 3A for two more years. I beleive the number we put in this year for the next realignment was roughly 30 students under the CURRENT cut off number. The past trends has been for that number to rise. Fingers are crossed that the trend does not reverse this year!! If we stay 3A for this next realignment period, I say LL wins it's fist state championship in 2011!

Ok. I put up a compliment. Jeeze. Good luck to ya, no matter what.

BDB
12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
I have not seen any of Gilmers games this year, so I can not say how good or how bad any part of their game is. All I can tell you is that Wylie will show up and leave everything on the field. Gilmer will know that they have been in a fight.

pirate4state
12-06-2009, 05:41 PM
I am just hoping for a repeat of the Gilmer/Wylie game in '07! :cheerl:

I am already making plans on making a weekend out of this game. :D

poisoned10
12-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I am just hoping for a repeat of the Gilmer/Wylie game in '07! :cheerl:

Same here!

SteerS_2012
12-06-2009, 06:29 PM

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it hookandladder?

Picking against your team makes me ignorant, Sorry you cannot handle it. Get over it, the two best teams already played. Not everyone will pick your team, that's just the way it is.

I'm 95% sure he called you ignorant because you said that the two best teams already played. And I don't blame him. I have no clue or bet on who will win this game, but I do think to count Wylie out and say the two best teams already played is a BIG mistake.

gibby
12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Is it not so that the two best teams are the ones that made it this far? Hummmm?
What other standards can one use? This ain't no freakn beauty contest.

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by SteerS_2012

I'm 95% sure he called you ignorant because you said that the two best teams already played. And I don't blame him. I have no clue or bet on who will win this game, but I do think to count Wylie out and say the two best teams already played is a BIG mistake. [/B][/QUOTE]

Come Saturday, you will see.

ccmom
12-06-2009, 07:21 PM
HookandLadder....have you seen Wylie play this season? I'm honestly curious...that's all.

Rocket
12-06-2009, 07:28 PM
District 2-3A wins both Championships.

gibby
12-06-2009, 07:32 PM
ccmom,

Did you see the extra point that was buffed, but kicked off the ground while the ball was laying on it's side, and bounced off the cross bar to go in?

alaskacat
12-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Hey thats how the radio guy described it!

gibby
12-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
Hey thats how the radio guy described it!

Sometimes it's the little things!

markp08
12-06-2009, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by markp08
Ignorance is bliss, isn't it hookandladder? [/QUOTE

My post has NOTHING to do with who you pick. Honestly, I couldn't care less. Pick whoever you want. Pick your nose for all I care. My post was in response to your ignorant statement that the championship was already played by the two best teams. You have obviously never seen Wylie or Lucas play for that matter. Keep on making your comments. You prove my point every time you do! :rolleyes:

ccmom
12-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by gibby
ccmom,

Did you see the extra point that was buffed, but kicked off the ground while the ball was laying on it's side, and bounced off the cross bar to go in? You bet I saw it! I didn't realize it was laying on it's side like you said, but I do know he had to stop and then kicked it without the usual "wind up" steps (whatever the term is) and it eeked in. Wow! My family and I were just discussing that again. Just wow!

gibby
12-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
You bet I saw it! I didn't realize it was laying on it's side like you said, but I do know he had to stop and then kicked it without the usual "wind up" steps (whatever the term is) and it eeked in. Wow! My family and I were just discussing that again. Just wow!

Great minds think in like channels.

LionFan72
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
For any of you that think that the best two teams already played, my guess is that you like to think outside the box. The best two teams will line up Saturday at SMU Ford field. Period! A W=win, L=Loss, no further debate needed.

With the incredibilly exciting games played by both teams this weekend, it had to be emotionally draining and physically exhausting for both sidelines. I fully expect the winning team to be......ABILENE WYLIE. Gilmer has not been pushed as many times this year as the Bulldogs, and "probably" dont have the mental advantage of the Bulldogs.

Expecting another slobberknocking, exciting, SC either way!

lostaussie
12-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
For any of you that think that the best two teams already played, my guess is that you like to think outside the box. The best two teams will line up Saturday at SMU Ford field. Period! A W=win, L=Loss, no further debate needed.

With the incredibilly exciting games played by both teams this weekend, it had to be emotionally draining and physically exhausting for both sidelines. I fully expect the winning team to be......ABILENE WYLIE. Gilmer has not been pushed as many times this year as the Bulldogs, and "probably" dont have the mental advantage of the Bulldogs.

Expecting another slobberknocking, exciting, SC either way! Just wanted to let you know you won the prize:D

ivchris
12-06-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm going to go with Wylie. The "D" is just too damn good.

LE Dad
12-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Just wanted to let you know you won the prize:D :clap: :clap: Ask and ye shall receive:D

I saw a couple of real contenders though:thinking:

lostaussie
12-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:clap: :clap: Ask and ye shall receive:D

I saw a couple of real contenders though:thinking: i actually had 3 pm's telling me to look at different posts. it was like everyone was waiting:D

hollywood
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Thank goodness Gilmer won last week. What a game that was. Sounds like both the Wylie game and the Gilmer game were to the wire. Now, I get to watch the game I've hoped for this weekend. It'll be just a few miles from where I'll be... the Rock. This will be a great SC game to watch. Wylie Bulldogs will be looking for their gold in this one. Gilmer will have some answers to Wylie's D but I don't think enough to win. Wylie prevails in the end to take the trophy.

Abilene Wylie Bulldogs... 3A Div I, State Champs. Get it done, cause it sounds so good for district 2-3A.:clap:

Scrambler
12-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
District 2-3A wins both Championships.

I like the way you talk!

BuckeyeNut
12-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
I'm going to go with Wylie. The "D" is just too damn good.

Its your Offense you better worry about becuase your Defense dont have a chance.:D :D :D :D

easttexas3a
12-07-2009, 12:22 AM
For me, I could give a long drawn out idea of what I think will happen, but it won't have any affect on what happens. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the game. I'll continue to ride with Gilmer, I'll take Gilmer 36-35 by 1 point, since that is all you need to win by.

michaelp23
12-07-2009, 12:45 AM
My post has NOTHING to do with who you pick. Honestly, I couldn't care less. Pick whoever you want. Pick your nose for all I care.......

:taunt:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

txsfootball4lif
12-07-2009, 02:55 AM
Okay for my first post...here it goes.

Games I have seen:

Gilmer vs. Cuero
Gilmer vs. Navasota
Wylie vs. Vernon
Wylie vs. Frenship
Wylie vs. Canyon
Wylie vs. Brownwood
Wylie vs. Lubbock Estacado
Wylie vs. Andrews
Wylie vs. Burkburnett

Gilmer is with out a doubt RAW, but for some reason I am sticking with my Dawgs on this one. Now it will not be easy by any means but I believe in Coach Hugh Sandifer, and I believe he will prepare the boys as best as he possible can to walk into hell and walk out victorious! I may be wrong but I believe they will find a way to win.

Coach Jeff Traylor is a great coach and no doubt the Buckeye program is legit. All I can say is it is critical that the bulldog defense has to have the game of the year and get the QB! #10 Darian Godfrey, thats all there is to it because if you don't see that ball in the air he has it tucked and headed for the inzone.

I want to wish both teams the best of luck and a fair game with no injuries. I wish safe travels for everyone headed to this match. I am sick with pneumonia and I may have to hire someone to drive me, but I am counting on going to this one.

garciap77
12-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by lulu
Shows intelligence on the part of 16 people:D Hi 77:)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Miss-O-10-07-Bad-Girl-1.gif

Go Bulldogs!

hookandladder
12-07-2009, 10:55 AM
My post has NOTHING to do with who you pick. Honestly, I couldn't care less. Pick whoever you want. Pick your nose for all I care. My post was in response to your ignorant statement that the championship was already played by the two best teams. You have obviously never seen Wylie or Lucas play for that matter. Keep on making your comments. You prove my point every time you do! :rolleyes:

You keep proving my point, you cannot handle someone saying something about your team or picking against them. Gilmer wins by 2Td's.

lulu
12-07-2009, 11:24 AM

Go Bulldogs!

TO THE BONE!!!!!!

Looking for that Buckeye win. They have to correct those mistakes that cost them points with Cuero though. Without those ............???????? Bucks win.
Godfrey was the only one that totally played his real game IMO.
I don't know where the other kids were....not at their best I know that. Maybe their injuries were still interfering. Not making excuses but they were not on their A game.

In all sencerity though Good Luck to your Bulldogs, 77.:kiss:

markp08
12-07-2009, 12:50 PM
You keep proving my point, you cannot handle someone saying something about your team or picking against them. Gilmer wins by 2Td's.

Original! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gobbler Fan
12-07-2009, 01:06 PM
TO THE BONE!!!!!!

Looking for that Buckeye win. They have to correct those mistakes that cost them points with Cuero though. Without those ............???????? Bucks win.
Godfrey was the only one that totally played his real game IMO.
I don't know where the other kids were....not at their best I know that. Maybe their injuries were still interfering. Not making excuses but they were not on their A game.

In all sencerity though Good Luck to your Bulldogs, 77.:kiss:

Oh stop with all the Gilmer did not play their A-game or the injuries excuses . Gilmer played the best they could Sat. night as did Cuero ... great game by both teams . The Buckeyes know they were in a ballgame and they ESCAPED with a W...dont take away from what the Gobblers did Sat. night with excuses as to why Gilmer finally met someone that can and did go toe to toe with them . Gilmer is playing in the Championship game because they earned it on the field Sat . Night . ...no excuses here.

I like both of these teams ... Finish the job Buckeyes +7

BDB
12-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

I really liked your post.....................till you had to go and screw it up with this last part!!!!!:p

Gobbler Fan
12-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Well for what its worth I was gonna say a ...tie:D

venomous tat2
12-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Gilmer hadn't faced a real challenge before Navasota , then Cuero we left them a little banged up for the Cuero game and up untill now that's the only 2 close games they had had in the playoffs and both teams had a chance to win but did not, Some of you on here make it sound like Cuero was the only team that gave gilmer a game we scored 35 on them Cuero 36 not much difference and they scored 42 on both of us . These last 2 games should have them ready for what may be one of the best 3A championship ever. No disrespect Wylie but I'm going with R3

BuckeyeNut
12-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Oh stop with all the Gilmer did not play their A-game or the injuries excuses . Gilmer played the best they could Sat. night as did Cuero ... great game by both teams . The Buckeyes know they were in a ballgame and they ESCAPED with a W...dont take away from what the Gobblers did Sat. night with excuses as to why Gilmer finally met someone that can and did go toe to toe with them . Gilmer is playing in the Championship game because they earned it on the field Sat . Night . ...no excuses here.

Turning the ball over 3 times is not playing your A game. Sorry we gave yall 13 points.

44INAROW
12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Turning the ball over 3 times is not playing your A game. Sorry we gave yall 13 points.

Oh please - give it a rest. :doh:
I voted for Gilmer cause I think they pull it out - but I like both teams so it really doesn't matter..

Gobbler Fan
12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
yeah yeah yeah and had it been the other way around all we would be hearing about is the great Black Flag Defense ... enjoy your victory no need to make excuses about why you only won by so and so points ...

Now I have to find me some Purple and Yellow and pull for the Bulldogs :D

A.W. +10

BuckeyeNut
12-07-2009, 04:00 PM
yeah yeah yeah and had it been the other way around all we would be hearing about is the great Black Flag Defense ... enjoy your victory no need to make excuses about why you only won by so and so points ...

Now I have to find me some Purple and Yellow and pull for the Bulldogs :D

A.W. +10

Now i see you have really lost your mind. Because there is no way you pick AW to beat yall bye 10+:eek: :eek:

tdsteele
12-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I sure am glad the Downlow poll is picking Wylie. Sure way to win is get down on the opposite of whatever the Downlow polls say. Perfect last week.........poll picks Cuero 69.29% to 39.71%.

BuckeyeNut
12-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by tdsteele
I sure am glad the Downlow poll is picking Wylie. Sure way to win is get down on the opposite of whatever the Downlow polls say. Perfect last week.........poll picks Cuero 69.29% to 39.71%. :iagree: :iagree:

Haters!!!!!!!!!:D :D

franz
12-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by tdsteele
I sure am glad the Downlow poll is picking Wylie. Sure way to win is get down on the opposite of whatever the Downlow polls say. Perfect last week.........poll picks Cuero 69.29% to 39.71%.

Polls picked Wylie last week too!

markp08
12-07-2009, 04:17 PM
:iagree: :iagree:

That didn't take long!!! I've been waiting for that all day! :D

garciap77
12-07-2009, 04:20 PM

They took it from you and you know!:D

Stop your whining! You won!:D

;)

garciap77
12-07-2009, 04:30 PM
:iagree: :iagree:

Whiner!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/nowhine_sign-personal.jpg

;)

waterboy
12-07-2009, 04:30 PM
It don't matter what happened during the game. The main thing is the Buckeyes came away with the only thing that really mattered.........MORE POINTS.:D This game is about POINTS at the END of the game, not what happened during the game to cause it. I'm just happy that we won the game!:clap:

garciap77
12-07-2009, 04:31 PM
It don't matter what happened during the game. The main thing is the Buckeyes came away with the only thing that really mattered.........MORE POINTS.:D This game is about POINTS at the END of the game, not what happened during the game to cause it. I'm just happy that we won the game!:clap:

:2thumbsup

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ccmom
12-07-2009, 04:35 PM
It don't matter what happened during the game. The main thing is the Buckeyes came away with the only thing that really mattered.........MORE POINTS.:D This game is about POINTS at the END of the game, not what happened during the game to cause it. I'm just happy that we won the game!:clap: Good post! This might be the only thing we agree on this week so I thought it was worth pointing it out! Haha

lostaussie
12-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Lots of Gilmer fans think we are playing Bullard or Rains in the playoffs............you win...........end of story.............then move on to the next one, or in this case the last one. I as much as anyone would love to see a 3 TD victory. But for now i will settle for 1 point.

waterboy
12-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Good post! This might be the only thing we agree on this week so I thought it was worth pointing it out! Haha
Awwww, c'mon, ccmom, you know you'll agree with me all week.............silently, of course, but agree nonetheless.........:D

"We are the Buckeyes, the mighty, mighty, Buckeyes!";)

lostaussie
12-07-2009, 04:49 PM
And 1 more thing, all these folks who say we weren't challenged until Navasota don't know much about us. We beat a fine Jasper team twice,whose only 3 losses may be to the 2 3A state champs. We also went toe to toe with LE who if i recall lost to Lovejoy by 1 point, who Wylie beat in the last 8 seconds. LE was very close to being where Wylie is now...............haven't been challenged!!!!! you people kill me:doh:

waterboy
12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I'd say we've been challenged several times throughout the year, and we've responded VERY well everytime!:clap: :D

Deuce
12-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Garciap, u mind getting a pic of Daddy d11 on graham thread again. I think he is back on our wagon. Make it something good. thanks in advance!

easttexas3a
12-07-2009, 05:26 PM
I believe Gilmer has been tested throuhgout the year, I believe Jasper was a good team, even though we beat them both times handidly. Navasota was obviously very good as well as Cuero. Looking back at the regular season the Kilgore win was big regardless of how easy it might of looked, The Daingerfiel win was big, Coming back down 17-9 early in the 3rd to beat LE 35-17 was big. And we took care of business with all of our district games.

What happened this year for Gilmer or Wylie will not matter saturday. It will be like most games are.

Turnovers, Penalties, and Big Plays will decide the game.

BuckeyeNut
12-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Whiner!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/nowhine_sign-personal.jpg

;)

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

HATER!!!!!!!!

BuckeyeNut
12-07-2009, 05:54 PM
TRUTH TIME,

It dont matter what you have done to get to this game. Who you played or what you beat them bye. This game is going to be won bye who wants it the most. Who plays the best ball with the least mistakes.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!

goobid
12-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Both teams deserve to be here---Both teams have been tested---Both teams have their own set of strengths AND weaknesses---The Championship game has not been played regardless of who was played before--Both Cuero and Lovejoy would be playing if not for some outstanding play by Wylie and Gilmer---Both teams are winners---ONE will be the State Champ---Get yourself some popcorn.

BDB
12-07-2009, 08:01 PM
[i]inners---ONE will be the State Champ---Get yourself some popcorn. [/B]

Good grief, you had to go and mess up a very good post with ending it with a dang ole T.O. saying.:rolleyes:

warhorsejoe
12-07-2009, 08:42 PM
:tisk: :1popcorn:Whiner!
Whiner!

:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

lulu
12-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Ok Ok Enough......I guess I logged off too soon. But if you will look it was not the Gilmer folks saying they did not play their A game. It was ME!!!! And it was meant with no disrespect to Cuero. They have a great team. But when a team makes as many mistakes as the Buckeyes did.... they did not play their best. I've seen their best and that was not it.

I Did not mean Cuero was any less of a team. Meant no BAD at them at all. It was an observation on MY part.
Gilmer made mistakes that they do not usually make. That is all I was saying.

Sorry Buckeyes...did not mean to bring all the "trash talk" on you.
Sorry Cuero if you were insulted by my observation.

:(

steers2
12-07-2009, 10:04 PM
good luck to wylie, hope you guys bring it home to 2-3A

LE Dad
12-07-2009, 10:11 PM
:tisk: :tisk: No, no Lulu :D

lulu
12-07-2009, 10:14 PM
No No What?

LE Dad
12-07-2009, 10:30 PM
No No What? No more:stirpot: lol. Are you gonna make the trip:confused: :confused:

easttexas3a
12-07-2009, 11:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqUGFkS2lI

Darians run and 2 point to win the game vs. Cuero

GTownballer
12-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Ok Ok Enough......I guess I logged off too soon. But if you will look it was not the Gilmer folks saying they did not play their A game. It was ME!!!! And it was meant with no disrespect to Cuero. They have a great team. But when a team makes as many mistakes as the Buckeyes did.... they did not play their best. I've seen their best and that was not it.

I Did not mean Cuero was any less of a team. Meant no BAD at them at all. It was an observation on MY part.
Gilmer made mistakes that they do not usually make. That is all I was saying.

Sorry Buckeyes...did not mean to bring all the "trash talk" on you.
Sorry Cuero if you were insulted by my observation.

:(

Sometimes LULU people just don't want to hear the truth,, truth is Gilmer was very banged up, and did'nt want it to get out, that's alot of the reason you saw Godfrey run so much, he normally is only asked to run inside the redzone, #8 Vance Green, is our leading rusher, he never touched the ball, bad ankle sprain, 22 Gus Osburne, ankle sprain, was not suppose to play, but was put in at D, 20 Marlon Granville 3rd in runningback line, has had a BAD hamstring since Jasper, gutted it out, did a great job against Navasota, #3 Triston Holt, ankle sprain, was not expected to play, he normally returns punts, and has taken at least 7 to the house this year maybe more, he gutted it out , no where near 100%, he did field one, and nearly broke it, with a bad ankle, #19 Ben Griffith out best receiver, and corner, played with a Broken Hand, and I can go on, we knew Cuero's playmaker's were healthy, and it gave us great concern, but Godfrey took it on his shoulders, and won this game, Cuero is a great football, team and we certainly give them as much credit as they deserve, we played with what we had, and came out with the win, again this is not whining, it's just our condition when we played this game, for what it's worth, I just hope we can get some kids healthy, Wylie worries me in the fact, that we are so beat up, hopefully they are about the same, either way, I think it's a great game, with 2 classy programs, these 2 coaches, have alot of respect for each other! Let's hope for a great game and no further injuries...

markp08
12-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqUGFkS2lI

Darians run and 2 point to win the game vs. Cuero

Thanks for the link! It definitely is the #10 show!

TOPS1435
12-08-2009, 12:43 AM
I know you did not mean to stir the pot, Lulu, but some people get really sensitive.

Markp08, if the LaVega videos are still available on Yahoo, take a look at some of them. You would think that game was the #3 show. He had one TD punt returned called back and scored on a second. Holt is an exciting kid to watch, but he injured his ankle in the late 1st or early 2nd quarter against Navasota and never got back in that day.

BLACK ATTACK
12-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Don't have a dog in this fight, but I would love to see this game. Wylie's loss to Graham was one of those "just happens some times" things. Fight till the end here. No prediction....too close to call.

BuckeyeNut
12-08-2009, 09:44 AM
I have to keep telling myself its still 4 1/2 days away. Looks like were going to be more healthy this week than last. Holt is closer to 100% and so is Granville. Green is getting worked on everyday hopefully we will get everyone ready to go for the game. This is one no one wants to miss.:D :D

garciap77
12-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by GTownballer
Sometimes LULU people just don't want to hear the truth,, truth is Gilmer was very banged up, and did'nt want it to get out, that's alot of the reason you saw Godfrey run so much, he normally is only asked to run inside the redzone, #8 Vance Green, is our leading rusher, he never touched the ball, bad ankle sprain, 22 Gus Osburne, ankle sprain, was not suppose to play, but was put in at D, 20 Marlon Granville 3rd in runningback line, has had a BAD hamstring since Jasper, gutted it out, did a great job against Navasota, #3 Triston Holt, ankle sprain, was not expected to play, he normally returns punts, and has taken at least 7 to the house this year maybe more, he gutted it out , no where near 100%, he did field one, and nearly broke it, with a bad ankle, #19 Ben Griffith out best receiver, and corner, played with a Broken Hand, and I can go on, we knew Cuero's playmaker's were healthy, and it gave us great concern, but Godfrey took it on his shoulders, and won this game, Cuero is a great football, team and we certainly give them as much credit as they deserve, we played with what we had, and came out with the win, again this is not whining, it's just our condition when we played this game, for what it's worth, I just hope we can get some kids healthy, Wylie worries me in the fact, that we are so beat up, hopefully they are about the same, either way, I think it's a great game, with 2 classy programs, these 2 coaches, have alot of respect for each other! Let's hope for a great game and no further injuries...

All our starters are "beat up", so we should be evenly matched!:D

;)

Go Wylie Bulldogs!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/2009_12_05_8408_Team02.jpg

Lion_Addict
12-08-2009, 10:04 AM
GOOOOOO DAWGS!!!!
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky084.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

markp08
12-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Go Wylie Bulldogs!

Wait a minute! This can't be an official photo. Where is Terry our sideline radio guy? I thought they couldn't take a picture without him being in it?:thinking:

nobogey72
12-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Go Wylie Bulldogs!

Wait a minute! This can't be an official photo. Where is Terry our sideline radio guy? I thought they couldn't take a picture without him being in it?:thinking:

You didn't hear this from me but.... He was in the restroom changing his britches. That finish was a little too "moving" for him.:D

PennStateBuck44
12-08-2009, 12:13 PM
You can guarantee Gilmer will be ready to play and there is not much, not much at all that will keep players from either team from playing in this game. THIS IS THE GAME. I was not supposed to play in '07 for quite a few weeks but yet again... THIS IS THE GAME especially if it is their senior year (as it was for me) NOTHING CAN HOLD THESE KIDS BACK. I could hardly bend my leg and I played out of my mind. we lost to a very good LH team but I left it all on the field and let nothing hold me back. the same is going to be the same for BOTH teams this year.

I have not heard anything on AW besides that they too were in a nailbiter last week. you can try to do all the you barely beat them and we killed them or you lost to them but we beat them but it goes for not and means absolutely NOTHING so I will post on what I know. Gilmer will be ready to go and I will be going with Gilmer because of my knowledge and my homerism. Thank you. I hope this game is everything that the last game was and more but wouldn't mind if the score was a little bit wider in the favor of gilmer. :-)

GO BUCKEYES!!!

BuckeyeNut
12-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Well we are not going up agianst the Top QB and RB in the state this week. So that has to be a plus. Stump might get 500 yards this game.

waterboy
12-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by PennStateBuck44
You can guarantee Gilmer will be ready to play and there is not much, not much at all that will keep players from either team from playing in this game. THIS IS THE GAME. I was not supposed to play in '07 for quite a few weeks but yet again... THIS IS THE GAME especially if it is their senior year (as it was for me) NOTHING CAN HOLD THESE KIDS BACK. I could hardly bend my leg and I played out of my mind. we lost to a very good LH team but I left it all on the field and let nothing hold me back. the same is going to be the same for BOTH teams this year.

I have not heard anything on AW besides that they too were in a nailbiter last week. you can try to do all the you barely beat them and we killed them or you lost to them but we beat them but it goes for not and means absolutely NOTHING so I will post on what I know. Gilmer will be ready to go and I will be going with Gilmer because of my knowledge and my homerism. Thank you. I hope this game is everything that the last game was and more but wouldn't mind if the score was a little bit wider in the favor of gilmer. :-)

GO BUCKEYES!!!
Yes, the Buckeyes, and the Army of Buckeyes will absolutely be BRINGING IT to this one. If the Buckeyes play like they're capable Wylie won't have an answer. I LIKE the Buckeyes chances of finishing the deal this year.:cool:

GO BUCKEYES! 48 MORE MINUTES!

franz
12-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Well we are not going up agianst the Top QB and RB in the state this week. So that has to be a plus. Stump might get 500 yards this game.

What does Wylie's offensive players have to do with Stump getting 500 yards.

nobogey72
12-08-2009, 12:54 PM

Who are you trying to convince? When we played yaw'll in 07 all we heard was 6 D1 players (not counting Stump who was a Soph, and in my opinion was probably the most talented kid on the field that night). I remember that game going down to the last play of the game. Believe me, we know how physically talented the Buckeyes are. IF we played this year's game on paper......Yaw'll win. No doubt about it. BUT..............well....you know! Good luck to everybody, hope it's a great one. This concludes my last serious post of the week. The rest of them are gonna be pure D BS smack.

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
The rest of them are gonna be pure D BS smack. hey, you know me Nobogey...............I wouldn't want it any other way:D

nobogey72
12-08-2009, 02:46 PM
hey, you know me Nobogey...............I wouldn't want it any other way:D

"That's what SHE said!!!"

Anyway, someone from Gilmer help me out because I can't remember.... Are yaw'll the ones with the bright orange uniforms?:confused: :confused:

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 02:50 PM
"That's what SHE said!!!"

Anyway, someone from Gilmer help me out because I can't remember.... Are yaw'll the ones with the bright orange uniforms?:confused: :confused: Celina:D

hollywood
12-08-2009, 02:52 PM

LOL... your sarcasm is killin' me.

franz
12-08-2009, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by waterboy
[B]Yes, the Buckeyes, and the Army of Buckeyes will absolutely be BRINGING IT to this one. If the Buckeyes play like they're capable Wylie won't have an answer. I LIKE the Buckeyes chances of finishing the deal this year.:cool:

If my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle.

hollywood
12-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Yes, the Buckeyes, and the Army of Buckeyes will absolutely be BRINGING IT to this one. If the Buckeyes play like they're capable Wylie won't have an answer. I LIKE the Buckeyes chances of finishing the deal this year.:cool:

GO BUCKEYES! 48 MORE MINUTES!

48 more minutes until we find out whether or not if Gilmer has played air all season. :rolleyes: :D

hollywood
12-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Is Gilmer Longview's JR High feeder school?

waterboy
12-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by franz
[QUOTE]Originally posted by waterboy
[B]Yes, the Buckeyes, and the Army of Buckeyes will absolutely be BRINGING IT to this one. If the Buckeyes play like they're capable Wylie won't have an answer. I LIKE the Buckeyes chances of finishing the deal this year.:cool:

If my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle.
So what is she? Your aunt or your uncle?

waterboy
12-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
48 more minutes until we find out whether or not if Gilmer has played air all season. :rolleyes: :D
Buckle 'em up tight, 'cause y'all will definitely find out Saturday night!:D

waterboy
12-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Is Gilmer Longview's JR High feeder school?
I hear that's why they opened up Wylie.......so the ones who couldn't play at Abilene or Cooper High would have a place to play.......and all the rich mommys and daddys wouldn't have to whine. You want some cheese with that? It's just what I heard....don't know whether it's fact or not......:p

LE Dad
12-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Buckle 'em up tight, 'cause y'all will definitely find out Saturday night!:D Ya'll played Brownwood:confused: :confused:

:p

hollywood
12-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I hear that's why they opened up Wylie.......so the ones who couldn't play at Abilene or Cooper High would have a place to play.......and all the rich mommys and daddys wouldn't have to whine. You want some cheese with that? It's just what I heard....don't know whether it's fact or not......:p

What the hell is a buckeye anyway?

waterboy
12-08-2009, 03:15 PM
What the hell is a buckeye anyway?
:doh: Hahaha..............a poison nut.........hahaha! You don't want none!:D

waterboy
12-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Ya'll played Brownwood:confused: :confused:

:p
Nope. We played something A LOT tougher than Brownwood...........AIR! Hahaha!:D

hollywood
12-08-2009, 03:18 PM

The above (your own poison) is what's going to allow the Bulldogs to win State.

nobogey72
12-08-2009, 03:19 PM

Waterboy, it's sad to me that you keep using the picture of your ex-fiance on your avatar. She's pretty cute I have to admit, but man you just got to let her go. There's other monkeys in the jungle!! Plus, now that you are "experienced" with a monkey, maybe, just maybe, you could upgrade to a goat or even a sheep. Hang in there.:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

franz
12-08-2009, 03:20 PM
So what is she? Your aunt or your uncle?

I am just saying IF is a big word. Wylie just hopes you don't "BRING IT" as you call it. They have not put 70 spots on teams or have the drama queen highlight videos on youtube. Your right! No answer for that stuff.

waterboy
12-08-2009, 03:21 PM
I agree that the defense is what's gonna win it, Hollywood, except it'll be the Black Flag Defense doing the honors in this one.;)

waterboy
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Waterboy, it's sad to me that you keep using the picture of your ex-fiance on your avatar. She's pretty cute I have to admit, but man you just got to let her go. There's other monkeys in the jungle!! Plus, now that you are "experienced" with a monkey, maybe, just maybe, you could upgrade to a goat or even a sheep. Hang in there.:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:
:eek: Whatcha talking about, nobogey? That's me in that avatar! I knew you would be jealous of me and my charm, but just because you chose the "ugly" cow to stump.......and later marry doesn't mean you have to be mean to me.:D :hand:

hollywood
12-08-2009, 03:27 PM
I agree that the defense is what's gonna win it, Hollywood, except it'll be the Black Flag Defense doing the honors in this one.;)

What is a black flag defense? Heck, just line up and go hit somebody... you don't need a name. :D

Does anyone know if Wylie has a name for their defense?

Wait... I already know what your response is going to be... "you'll find out Saturday night".:rolleyes:

nobogey72
12-08-2009, 03:55 PM
This is the 3rd State Champ game this decade for both teams. Both of us won it in 04, Wylie "barely"
lost to Gatesville in 2000 and Wimberly "beat the crap out of" Gilmer in 07. So, obviously Wylie has the edge in this one.:D

BuckeyeNut
12-08-2009, 03:56 PM
What is a black flag defense? Heck, just line up and go hit somebody... you don't need a name. :D

Does anyone know if Wylie has a name for their defense?

Wait... I already know what your response is going to be... "you'll find out Saturday night".:rolleyes:

I have one for that one Wylie Defense's name is SWISS CHEESE:D :D :D

BuckeyeNut
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM

Hey now your the one bringing the sheep in to this. Keep that to your self no room for that here. Plus we dont want you in jail and miss this one. :D :D

waterboy
12-08-2009, 03:59 PM
This is the 3rd State Champ game this decade for both teams. Both of us won it in 04, Wylie "barely"
lost to Gatesville in 2000 and Wimberly "beat the crap out of" Gilmer in 07. So, obviously Wylie has the edge in this one.:D
:rolleyes: Hey! If you're gonna diss somebody, at least get the name of the team that beat us right! We lost to LH, not Wimberley!:mad: Now we have the edge!:taunt:

waterboy
12-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey now your the one bringing the sheep in to this. Keep that to your self no room for that here. Plus we dont want you in jail and miss this one. :D :D
:hand: No, no, Black Flag..........those sheep wouldn't have anything to do with him, so he chose an "ugly" cow instead.:doh:

Yeah, the story goes that back when nobogey was a youngster.....in his late teens, he was still a virgin. He went to one of them "dude" ranches and was sitting around a fire with a bunch of cowboys..........okay, wannabe cowboys, LOL. They took turns picking "girlfriends" (cows), and nobogey picked the ugliest one.:eek: It's been a running joke ever since amongst his kind.:devil:

nobogey72
12-08-2009, 04:04 PM
:rolleyes: Hey! If you're gonna diss somebody, at least get the name of the team that beat us right! We lost to LH, not Wimberley!:mad: Now we have the edge!:taunt:

IIIIIIIIIImean LH. Dangit, I didn't get the edit done in time. All I remembered was the lopsided score.:doh:

waterboy
12-08-2009, 04:05 PM
IIIIIIIIIImean LH. Dangit, I didn't get the edit done in time. All I remembered was the lopsided score.:doh:
Don't worry, y'all would've suffered the same fate against them.:doh:

nobogey72
12-08-2009, 04:35 PM
:hand: No, no, Black Flag..........those sheep wouldn't have anything to do with him, so he chose an "ugly" cow instead.:doh:

Yeah, the story goes that back when nobogey was a youngster.....in his late teens, he was still a virgin. He went to one of them "dude" ranches and was sitting around a fire with a bunch of cowboys..........okay, wannabe cowboys, LOL. They took turns picking "girlfriends" (cows), and nobogey picked the ugliest one.:eek: It's been a running joke ever since amongst his kind.:devil:

I know.:( And to think I've stuck with YOUR MOM all these years. Let me just say it------- Son, I love you man. Dad:D

Aesculus gilmus
12-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Just received this email:

We will be broadcasting the Gilmer-Abilene game live Saturday night at 6pm...With a Pregame show that starts at 5:45pm on our MYTX station...On Longview cable that will be Channel 10...plus we will be showing a tape delayed broadcast of the Longview-Denton game on Sunday at 12 Noon and 7pm...

Kent Domingue
Director of Creative Services
KYTX CBS 19 / MYTX-My Texas TV
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, Texas 75701

Does anyone know if MYTX is available on either of the Gilmer cable systems? If so, what channel?

Inmateboss
12-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I know.:( And to think I've stuck with YOUR MOM all these years. Let me just say it------- Son, I love you man. Dad:D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

markp08
12-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I have also been made aware that KTAB in Abilene will be broadcasting the game live with a pre-game show to air at 5:30.

poisoned10
12-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Just received this email:

We will be broadcasting the Gilmer-Abilene game live Saturday night at 6pm...With a Pregame show that starts at 5:45pm on our MYTX station...On Longview cable that will be Channel 10...plus we will be showing a tape delayed broadcast of the Longview-Denton game on Sunday at 12 Noon and 7pm...

Kent Domingue
Director of Creative Services
KYTX CBS 19 / MYTX-My Texas TV
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, Texas 75701

Does anyone know if MYTX is available on either of the Gilmer cable systems? If so, what channel?

Aesculus gilmus
12-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Kent of MYTX just emailed me back and said it was Channel 9 on Gilmer Cable, according to his records.

waterboy
12-08-2009, 05:55 PM
:eek: Dad? Is that you, Dad?:eek:.....but you've been dead since '93....

poisoned10
12-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Kent of MYTX just emailed me back and said it was Channel 9 on Gilmer Cable, according to his records.

Would you be so kind and email him again and ask him about about DirecTV? Please and thank you!

Aesculus gilmus
12-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Would you be so kind and email him again and ask him about about DirecTV? Please and thank you!

I think you're in luck, according to this guide:

http://www.cbs19.tv/Global/story.asp?S=8735543

If you want to make sure, just email him directly.

kdomingue@cbs19.tv

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 07:03 PM
this game will be shown live??? might as well stay home.................NOT!!!!!..................but for my dad, is mytx on the etex cablevision???

Aesculus gilmus
12-08-2009, 07:33 PM
this game will be shown live??? might as well stay home.................NOT!!!!!..................but for my dad, is mytx on the etex cablevision???

Kent emailed me back again and said there are now issues to be resolved about telecasting it live. I'm guessing the UIL is involved in this somehow. However, I thought the prohibition on live telecasts only applied to Friday nights.

There may be another "state championship game" proprietary right they are asserting or something.

Last year, though, I watched the semifinal game between Wylie and Prosper live on a Web site called "bigcountrysports.com" IIRC. The quality was VERY good, but it may have not run afoul of any prohibitions, being an online only deal.

LionFan72
12-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Been a long time since I heard of "Black Flag", wasnt that a cure for roaches, must be some dirty rags out in Gilmer. Dang! dont believe I would call my boys roach chasers....

N4SIR
12-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I thought they were the Bulldogs -- not the Roaches. Oh well, either way we will eradicate them

LionFan72
12-08-2009, 09:47 PM
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."

Can't argue with this statement! Thank you!

garciap77
12-08-2009, 11:18 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/20091128-072935-pic-699819995_t607.jpg

wyliefan
12-08-2009, 11:37 PM

I know it will be broadcast live in the Abilene area. (KTAB - CBS affiliate) I would assume that other CBS affiliates around the state could pick up the broadcast as well. Pregame is at 5:30.

Best of luck to both teams and safe travel to and from the game.

It would appear that the weather will be great, a high of 62 with a low of 48. Light winds are expected.

Rustler
12-09-2009, 09:35 AM
:clap: Go Wylie!!!! From Your District Friends.:clap: Bring Home The Trophy To Our District:clap:

N4SIR
12-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Ain't gonna happen. Trophy is coming home to the real God's Country!

Bullaholic
12-09-2009, 10:13 AM
When the teams met in the semis in 2007 and Gilmer won 28-21---how did they do it? Are the 09' teams similar this year?

TOPS1435
12-09-2009, 10:21 AM
For the Buckeyes, we have the same quarterback but with the experience of 28 more games. Several of the starters were on that team too.

We, like Wylie, have the same head coach and much of the coaching staff, and we use the spread still. So, from our stand point, much will be similar.

franz
12-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm curious who the Waco La Vega coaches and or fans think is the better team. They are the one common opponent. Wylie was up 39-0 at hallf and literally called the dawgs off.

waterboy
12-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I think we've actually used the pass more this year than we did in '07. It's basically just take what the defense gives you from an offensive standpoint, and with an experienced QB it makes it much more fluid. I think we're actually better on both sides of the ball this year.

Deuce
12-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Wanted to go ahead and wish Wylie the best this weekend! Will be away until the weekend. Bring one home for our district!

sportsgram
12-09-2009, 11:57 AM
In reference to the rights for the game, IMG College (formerly Host Communications) owns the broadcast rights to the game. Any broadcast has to be cleared through them. I speak from experience on the audio broadcast side!

poisoned10
12-09-2009, 11:58 AM
I think you're in luck, according to this guide:

If you want to make sure, just email him directly.

kdomingue@cbs19.tv

Thank you!

#1 TEXAN
12-09-2009, 11:59 AM
GO BULLDOGS!

injuredinmelee
12-09-2009, 12:04 PM

by half time probably. I dont see how Gilmer could possibly lose this game. But it will be a good opportunity for you guys to get your jv kids some playing time.

waterboy
12-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
by half time probably. I dont see how Gilmer could possibly lose this game. But it will be a good opportunity for you guys to get your jv kids some playing time.
:eek: Surely you don't believe that......:eek: :doh:

I was kinda thinking it'll be a nail-biter.

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I know it will be broadcast live in the Abilene area. (KTAB - CBS affiliate) I would assume that other CBS affiliates around the state could pick up the broadcast as well. Pregame is at 5:30.

I still haven't heard back from MYTX about whether they are going to telecast it live around here or not, but I DID find the live video stream link for this Saturday's game on the same site I watched the Wylie-Prosper game this time last year.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/

poisoned10
12-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I want to say that Fox Sports Net has the sole right to broadcast the state championship game live. I might just be making that up though.

If that's the case, I'm sure they could do like a 2-5 minute "tape delay" and all is well. Which would be perfectly fine with me, since I will be live at the game. Just wanted to have it on my DVR so I can watch Gilmer win their 2nd state championship whenever I wanted. :D

Deuce
12-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

I want some of what your smoking!!

steerz2010
12-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Havent seen gilmer play this year, but ive heard they are very good...
all i know is that wylie will bring it and leave it all on the field.
i honestly dont think we would have beat them had it not been for 8 turnovers.

garciap77
12-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Go Bulldogs!!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/0829_spo_WylieFootball003_t607.jpg

waterboy
12-09-2009, 04:13 PM
GO BUCKEYES!! 48 MORE MINUTES!!

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I want to say that Fox Sports Net has the sole right to broadcast the state championship game live. I might just be making that up though.

If that's the case, I'm sure they could do like a 2-5 minute "tape delay" and all is well. Which would be perfectly fine with me, since I will be live at the game. Just wanted to have it on my DVR so I can watch Gilmer win their 2nd state championship whenever I wanted. :D

Set your DVR then.

Rick Domingue just called me to tell me all issues had been revolved and it WILL be televised live on MYTX.

Here's the link to the various channel numbers on area cable systems:

slingshot
12-09-2009, 05:34 PM
waterboy--I like your sig! "defense wins championships", and we know who has the best defense in the state in 3A... THE WYLIE BULLDOGS!!!

waterboy
12-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
waterboy--I like your sig! "defense wins championships", and we know who has the best defense in the state in 3A... THE WYLIE BULLDOGS!!!
Really? They do? We shall see........;)

Raider Red
12-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I have seen Gilmer and Wylie versus La Vega this year. I actually had picked Cuero to beat Gilmer last week based on what I had seen and knew about Cuero and their QB and RB. I thought Cuero could keep the ball out of Gilmer's hands and control the clock. Silly me. That being said, I still think Wylie has the best defense I saw all year long. They play good technique, have good speed and size, and are disciplined to stay at home. I think both offenses are comparable and will score. But I think Wylie's will get 1 or 2 stops that will make the difference. BUT I would not bet ten cents on this game because I think these are absolutely the best two 3A teams in the state. The difference will be a turnover, a penalty at a bad time, a slip on a cut. These are two great teams with two great coaching staffs. No more than 3 pts difference either way. AND I HAVE NO DOG IN THIS HUNT. Just my honest opinion.

BwdLion73
12-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Got to leave early tomorrow and will be out of State a few days. Good luck Wylie from Brownwood.:clap:

garciap77
12-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Go Bulldogs!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/WylieBulldogs.jpg

garciap77
12-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Got to leave early tomorrow and will be out of State a few days. Good luck Wylie from Brownwood.:clap:

Thanks! You have a safe trip!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/n283942075103_3439.jpg

Inmateboss
12-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Go Bulldogs!!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/0829_spo_WylieFootball003_t607.jpg

Hey Wylie guys, No long drawn out pep talk from me!!! You know what has to be done, Do ya'll want it????

THEN GO GET IT, IT IS YOURS FOR THE TAKING!!!

GO WYLIE---- Graham STEERS Let's do it !!!!

garciap77
12-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Go Bulldogs!!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_3818.jpg

squid
12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
#27 & #34!.....my sweet granddaughter loves saying 'It's Miller time!!' She has no idea where that came from originally, all she knows is that is what she's supposed to say when her 'Bobert' and his brother Jon are wearing their Wylie 'football suits'........

Inmateboss
12-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by squid
#27 & #34!.....my sweet granddaughter loves saying 'It's Miller time!!' She has no idea where that came from originally, all she knows is that is what she's supposed to say when her 'Bobert' and his brother Jon are wearing their Wylie 'football suits'........

Well Squid, it's just about Miller time for sure!!:D Man i'm not use to this much stress, we made history last week in Graham with the win on wimberley, so from here on out it's all gravey. Best of luck to your boys, let's get ready to Battle!!:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Buckeye80
12-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Have had my eye on this showdown since about week 4. This is the "clash of the titans" in Texas this year!

Go Buckeyes!!!!

wimbo_pro
12-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Have had my eye on this showdown since about week 4. This is the "clash of the titans" in Texas this year!

Go Buckeyes!!!!

good luck to your team Buckeye80...Gilmer is always good it seems.

Buckeye80
12-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
good luck to your team Buckeye80...Gilmer is always good it seems.

These senior kids are tired of losing to the state champ. They've done it the last three years. Let's hope this year is different. But regardless of the outcome, the streak will continue. Gilmer will either have won the title or lost to the eventual champion for the sixth time in the last seven years.

03 Atlanta
04 State Champs
06 Liberty Eylau
07 Liberty Hill
08 Carthage

garciap77
12-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Nice highlights of the Lovejoy vs Wylie game!

http://www.reporternews.com/videos/detail/wylie-high-vs-lucas-lovejoy/

garciap77
12-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Go Bulldogs!!!! Cory Ramos!!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/014_t607.jpg
Photo by Thomas Metthe

BuckeyeNut
12-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Nice highlights of the Lovejoy vs Wylie game!

http://www.reporternews.com/videos/detail/wylie-high-vs-lucas-lovejoy/

Hmmmm...........

I am not saying anything. Pratice went very good yesterday. These boys are ready!!!!!

Go Buckeyes!!!!

garciap77
12-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by squid
'It's Miller time!!!'
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/20091121-025351-pic-715194382_t607.jpg
Photo by Thomas Metthe

Rustler
12-10-2009, 10:39 AM
:cheerl: GO Wylie!!:cheerl: Bring It Home to 2-3A. Your District Friends!:cheerl:

garciap77
12-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Hmmmm...........

I am not saying anything. Pratice went very good yesterday. These boys are ready!!!!!

Go Buckeyes!!!!

:ditto:

garciap77
12-10-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm looking for a great game from:
#47 Derek Morrow
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/20091121-025351-pic-929659556_t607.jpg

BDB
12-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Hmmmm...........

Go Buckeyes!!!!

I know what is going through your mind, these Wylie players KNOW it will take a better game then what you watched on that clip. That was not one of the better games for Wylie.So now, go ahead and say it.:hand:

garciap77
12-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Go Bulldogs!!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/001_t607.jpg
Photo by Thomas Metthe

BDB
12-10-2009, 11:27 AM
I notice the poll is getting closer to 50 -50

nobogey72
12-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by BDB
I notice the poll is getting closer to 50 -50 I think the Gilmer folks are finally figuring out what a poll is and how to vote. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The only "polls" they know about are the ones their wives dance on. Not that there is anything wrong with pole-dancing. Isn't that right CCmom?

ccmom
12-10-2009, 11:59 AM
I think the Gilmer folks are finally figuring out what a poll is and how to vote. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The only "polls" they know about are the ones their wives dance on. Not that there is anything wrong with pole-dancing. Isn't that right CCmom? Ummmm....I beg to differ. The thought of you pole dancing is DEFINITELY WRONG!! :eek: :eek:

;)

TOPS1435
12-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Folks from East Texas prefer to post on Smoaky.com where the Buckeyes are favored 84-16. Maybe that's because many of those folks have actually played the Buckeyes in the past.

Bullaholic
12-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
Folks from East Texas prefer to post on Smoaky.com where the Buckeyes are favored 84-16. Maybe that's because many of those folks have actually played the Buckeyes in the past.

Well go tell a bunch of them to come on over here and dance with the Wylie bunch....:D

franz
12-10-2009, 01:16 PM

Are you talking about those powerhouse defensive teams Gilmer faced this year?

smoothnut
12-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Are you talking about those powerhouse defensive teams Gilmer faced this year?

Yep he is. The same ones that could win against the bulldogs also. LOL

LE Dad
12-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Are you talking about those powerhouse defensive teams Gilmer faced this year? YES !! :D

lostaussie
12-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Are you talking about those powerhouse defensive teams Gilmer faced this year? :doh::doh:

STANG RED
12-10-2009, 02:25 PM
:doh:
That chessy little powder puff football site couldnt carry this sites jockstrap. :p

pirate4state
12-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Raider Red
I have seen Gilmer and Wylie versus La Vega this year. I actually had picked Cuero to beat Gilmer last week based on what I had seen and knew about Cuero and their QB and RB. I thought Cuero could keep the ball out of Gilmer's hands and control the clock. Silly me. That being said, I still think Wylie has the best defense I saw all year long. They play good technique, have good speed and size, and are disciplined to stay at home. I think both offenses are comparable and will score. But I think Wylie's will get 1 or 2 stops that will make the difference. BUT I would not bet ten cents on this game because I think these are absolutely the best two 3A teams in the state. The difference will be a turnover, a penalty at a bad time, a slip on a cut. These are two great teams with two great coaching staffs. No more than 3 pts difference either way. AND I HAVE NO DOG IN THIS HUNT. Just my honest opinion.

I haven't seen either play this year, but I did watch them in 2007 and that was a GREAT football game by two GREAT programs! I can't wait!!! Is it Saturday yet?!?!

NateDawg39
12-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Folks from East Texas prefer to post on Smoaky.com where the Buckeyes are favored 84-16. Maybe that's because many of those folks have actually played the Buckeyes in the past. Now, are we talking about playing them 5 or 6 years ago when they were good? Cause they suck this year, they only got this far because the other teams played bad :D :spitlol:

smoothnut
12-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Now, are we talking about playing them 5 or 6 years ago when they were good? Cause they suck this year, they only got this far because the other teams played bad :D :spitlol:

What are you smoking? A wise man once said that it is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

NateDawg39
12-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by smoothnut
What are you smoking? A wise man once said that it is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it. Gilmer is the high school version of UT. Their district was down and the schedule was weak, the only reason they got this far is because they are lucky... :D :D :D :devil: :devil: :devil:

N4SIR
12-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Very apparent he has not seen Navasota, Cuero Tatum or LE play this year

rangerjoe33
12-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Very apparent he has not seen Navasota, Cuero Tatum or LE play this year

Cuero and Navasota yes...Tatum and LE were both less than steller this year, not horrible but not nearly as good as usual.

Gilmers most impressive win prior to the playoffs IMO was the beatdown of Daingerfield, an easy top twenty 3A team that just so happens to be a 2A team...

N4SIR
12-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Gilmer is the high school version of UT. Their district was down and the schedule was weak, the only reason they got this far is because they are lucky... :D :D :D :devil: :devil: :devil:
Luck -- where preperation meets opportunity. We'll take it.
BTW - please join us in the hear and now. We are 4 weeks out of District and got one more team to dispose of for our 2nd State Championship.

Bullaholic
12-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Luck -- where preperation meets opportunity. We'll take it.
BTW - please join us in the hear and now. We are 4 weeks out of District and got one more team to dispose of for our 2nd State Championship.

N4SIR, you have to understand that Nate is stuck off in a little corner of the world called Kazakhstan and he is doing his level best to stir up some entertainment from the civilized world by doing his dead level best Keith7 imitation. Plus, he is a Decatur fan, so he knows very little about the deep playoffs. :D

NateDawg39
12-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
N4SIR, you have to understand that Nate is stuck off in a little corner of the world called Kazakhstan and he is doing his level best to stir up some entertainment from the civilized world by doing his dead level best Keith7 imitation. Plus, he is a Decatur fan, so he knows very little about the deep playoffs. :D :taunt: well I may be a fan of a team who is down but in my day we made a ruckus...and I have never lost to Bridgeport in any sport so thats my claim to fame Ken :nerd:

Bullaholic
12-10-2009, 05:22 PM
:taunt: well I may be a fan of a team who is down but in my day we made a ruckus...and I have never lost to Bridgeport in any sport so thats my claim to fame Ken :nerd:

LOL. You played badmitton for Decatur, Nate? :D

NateDawg39
12-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
LOL. You played badmitton for Decatur, Nate? :D and I was a state champion 2 years running in the great sport of wind sprints and air raids... Lets just say I did way to many of them lol

garciap77
12-10-2009, 08:04 PM
:doh:
That chessy little powder puff football site couldnt carry this sites jockstrap. :p

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)