PDA

View Full Version : Ardmore, OK--Home of the Cowards

AggieJohn
05-14-2003, 10:09 PM
I'm furious at the Democrats, not only is it a stupid move politically for them, it just furthers my anger towards the texas democratic party.

AggieJohn
05-14-2003, 10:12 PM
post your thoughts!

sinton66
05-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Trust me, Texas has a few too. Listened to one on Fox last night crowing about how the administration was responsible for the terrorist act in Saudi Arabia because we were distracted by Iraq. What a load of crap! Think about it. Clinton was the best they could come up with.

bc 76
05-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Why are you angry they are doing what they think is right.Tom Delay and the republicans are shoving this redistricting down there throat,when the majority party should do something about the high cost of homeowners insurance we have in this state and maybe also do something about giving our teachers more money istead of cutting education.

sinton66
05-14-2003, 11:18 PM
How come the MINORITY party gets to act like children and say "if you don't play MY way, we'll just leave"? In doing so, they have committed an illegal act. If I were a democrat (God forbid) I'd be pissed that they have deserted their post. Bet they still want to collect their paychecks. Their place is in the House in Austin. That's what the public elected them and are paying them to do. I personally think they should be arrested and charged with dereliction of public duty.(Texas House law does provide for their arrest in this case, but Texas lawmen have no jurisdiction in Oklahoma). What a stupid, childish temper tantrum!

<small>[ May 14, 2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

bc 76
05-14-2003, 11:24 PM
I think they feel that there are more important issues to take care of,but the republicans are the ones that think that the most important thing to vote on is the redistricting and they are using this for political gain.

sinton66
05-14-2003, 11:32 PM
The redistricting bill is NOT the only bill at stake here. There is a bill about lowering homeowners insurance and protection for teachers from attacks in the classroom and many others. The dems are taking a cheap shot, and they damn well know it!

bc 76
05-14-2003, 11:51 PM
Sinton66 you are right that is not the only bill thats at stake, but the republicans are pushing that bill hard because of Tom Delay,it all comes down to partisn politics.Hey guy i respect your opinion and we will never agree on this anyway.What i would like to ask you ,just wondering if you saw wharton play last year,i talked to the sinton coaches who were in wharton watching the wharton-swenny game lastyear,and they kept on saying that they thought wharton was one of the most talented teams they had seen play that year,but they thought the run-shoot offense was wrong for the talent that they had.Did they ever say this at maybe a booster club meeting cause they thought that wharton and sinton would play for the region 4 title.

AggieJohn
05-14-2003, 11:55 PM
it seeems to often that democrats become to narrow minded and focus in on one issue...they are just whining because the majority is carrying out what the majority can..it's not unconstitutional to redistrict, infact it's supposed to happen ever some odd number of years...if democrats are worried about money and issues like that think about the fact that now we will have to go into special session and have to pay them per deim also...i would also like to know who's paying for their hotel bill?...it's good that they had to go into the cellar this morning because of the tornado....shows maybe one or two of them have sense...well just too cover their butts

sinton66
05-15-2003, 12:01 AM
I never heard any of them make that comment, but I'm sure they were thinking that your talent would be better suited to a balanced Pro-style offense. The run and shoot is a simple offense and really not multi-dimensional at all. It is relatively simple to defend even with average talent.

Back on the subject at hand though, the dems need to realize that they are the minority party for the first time in 146 years in Texas. An elected reps duty is to serve in the legislative sessions 140 days every two years. Their job is to debate then vote. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but that's the way it is in a representative democracy. All they have probably accomplished is forcing the Governor to call a special session. In other words, they've made it hard on everybody else.

AggieJohn
05-15-2003, 12:04 AM
suprise suprise a democrat making it hard on anyone

rholl
05-15-2003, 08:08 AM
Democrats had the power here for however many yrs people have said and now they don't. That should tell them that they aren't getting the job done. Now they pull this.....bet there are even fewer Democrats around next time the public gets to vote. Just because they aren't the majority anymore they can't handle it. Getting my voting pencil ready!!!!!!

RiverRatDad
05-15-2003, 09:05 AM
I wonder who is paying for this trip? I know that no elected state official, democrat or republican, would dare pay a penny out of their pockets for anything while doing their "work" in Austin. I worked in the capitol in the late 70's and watched our elected officials walking on the floor of our capitol asking which lobbiest was going to take them to lunch. The dems need to get back to Austin, and work on the issues before them. I did see where my dem rep did not retreat north- good for Hegar.

Old Cardinal
05-15-2003, 01:54 PM
It's a shame when the Democrats in their heyday set the boundries on Texas Districts to FAVOR them completely-this re-districting just makes the field a little bit level, that's all!...It's sad; but the only thing left in the once great Democratic party are sleazy Con-artist(Clinton and the likes), and free-loaders wanting all their- rent, government handouts, welfare, food, and medications paid for by the hard working taxpayers!...As for the teachers-a bill ought to be passed that School Superintendents and other school house bureaurats (non-classroom teachers), will not be paid more than twice what a classroom teacher makes-Wow! that would free up a very big bonus and salary raise for all the hard working classroom teachers across TEXAS. You can bet ALL School Superintendents across Texas fall into the group of Democrats that are part of the Con-men supporting the left-wing element of the Democratic fiasco...I can remember when the School Superintendent was a respected individual in the community, and not a personal lobbist for personal privilege, granted by the State!

<small>[ May 15, 2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

rholl
05-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Wow....I finally agreed with something Old Card said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

BH_146
05-15-2003, 03:06 PM
Well, I'm going to be bipartisan on this issue. Instead of what a shame, I say what a sham. It's kinda like our sports world. I think there was a game plan and it has unfolded to perfection. I believe both sides knew what it would take to get them out of the hot seat back home. With not nearly enough money available for the reps to fulfill their election day promises, now they can point the finger and blame the other guys. The Senate gave the House a new plan to finance education. But the House did not have the time look at it and counter with options. But they do have the time draw on maps. And the Democrats need to realize that our government isn't in Oklahoma. They are the minority and if they think they are being picked on then do something about regaining the majority status instead of not taking care of business and running off. Again, it kinda like sports. When you're on top, you rake it all in. And when you're not, be prepared to take everything that is coming at you. Just like Jerry and the Cowboys.

bc 76
05-15-2003, 05:30 PM
Old Cardinal i would have to agree with you there,but lets throw in names like newt gingrich,bob livinston,who were bashing clinton for what he was doing and they were doing the samething,oh lets not forget the holy one bill bennet.