PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever....................

44INAROW
12-06-2009, 02:26 AM
Have you ever tried to listen to a football game on AM RADIO with horrible reception? OMG, driving home from Huntsville, we were trying to listen to the UT vs Nebraska game and it was so hard to hear anything. Luckily Lil44 was getting text updates.. Just wondering - why is it hard to catch a college game on FM? AM radio is lousy :rolleyes:

STANG RED
12-06-2009, 02:33 AM
Get XM. It comes in great.

I havent tried listening to AM in a long long time, but I do remember it always sucking when I did.

You might try putting some tin foil on the antenna next time. :D

Maroon87
12-06-2009, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Have you ever tried to listen to a football game on AM RADIO with horrible reception? OMG, driving home from Huntsville, we were trying to listen to the UT vs Nebraska game and it was so hard to hear anything. Luckily Lil44 was getting text updates.. Just wondering - why is it hard to catch a college game on FM? AM radio is lousy :rolleyes:

FCC regs state that AM stations have to reduce power after sundown for some reason.

97.5 FM out of Houston had a game on...the ACC championship game.:doh:

yoe64
12-06-2009, 03:41 AM
the reason for the reception at night, is they are required to turn down the frequency starting at 6 PM. just an FYI

turbostud
12-06-2009, 10:26 AM
I never have problems with ESPN radio on AM. It gets knocked out sometimes after a storm. I am always FORCED to listen to the crappy Astros because of where I live and never have a problem with reception.

Gobbla2001
12-06-2009, 10:54 AM
man you're not lyin'... I'm haulin' ass through Houston and Craig Way is comin' in and out and in and out... I hate that crap... I was able to "barely" here that UT made the FG... then it started coming in perfectly... after it was over

it's time WE start regulatin' the FCC...