PDA

View Full Version : Div II Semi Final: La Grange v Carthage

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Now we are down to four teams in DII. Carthage has been dominating all season but has not impressed much in the playoffs narrowlly advancing against Mexia and Lorena. Will they roll the Leps like their posters say or will they get mugged by the Leopards in this semi final match?

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Now we are down to four teams in DII. Carthage has been dominating all season but has not impressed much in the playoffs narrowlly advancing against Mexia and Lorena.

This statement is funny to me..is this the BCS? Do they have to not only win a playoff game but also impress?

This is a team that lost their starting QB AND stud RB from their title team and are once again in the Semi-finals..that IMO is impressive enough

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Well, whatever you say broadcaster.:rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Well, whatever you say broadcaster.:rolleyes:

oh wow u used the roll eyes face GREAT response

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 01:24 AM
REALLY pulling for La Grange....but not sure the match up favors them this week. Heart says La Grange....head is saying Carthage.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
oh wow u used the roll eyes face GREAT response Put the lid back on the bottle and go sleep it off. Tomorrow is a new day, and once the headache goes away, the anger will fade as well. :D

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Put the lid back on the bottle and go sleep it off. Tomorrow is a new day, and once the headache goes away, the anger will fade as well. :D

hahah no anger at all...I just never understand the Well yes they won a PLAYOFF game, but did not look impressive doing it..who cares how they looked doing it..PLAYOFF win is a PLAYOFF win simple as that

tigerfan09
12-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Where is this game being played? I am thinking Waco ISD or SHSU's Bowers Stadium in Huntsville?

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Put the lid back on the bottle and go sleep it off. Tomorrow is a new day, and once the headache goes away, the anger will fade as well. :D

:thumbsup: :cheerl: :clap: :clap: :flaming:

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 01:32 AM
hahah no anger at all...I just never understand the Well yes they won a PLAYOFF game, but did not look impressive doing it..who cares how they looked doing it..PLAYOFF win is a PLAYOFF win simple as that

Well if you look up some of the posts from Carthage you get the picture...Hubris.:mad:

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 01:32 AM
hahah no anger at all...I just never understand the Well yes they won a PLAYOFF game, but did not look impressive doing it..who cares how they looked doing it..PLAYOFF win is a PLAYOFF win simple as that True...true...but if the "way a team looks" is irrelevant....how exactly does a fan gauge their team against the upcoming opponent? Perception is reality until proven otherwise....hence why the games are played...but until game time...a fan needs SOMETHING to use as a measuring stick.....everyone has their own "system" of sizing up the upcoming opponent. So no real need to blast the guy as far as I'm concerned.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 01:34 AM
True...true...but if the "way a team looks" is irrelevant....how exactly does a fan gauge their team against the upcoming opponent? Perception is reality until proven otherwise....hence why the games are played...but until game time...a fan needs SOMETHING to use as a measuring stick.....everyone has their own "system" of sizing up the upcoming opponent. So no real need to blast the guy as far as I'm concerned.

I did not think I was blasting him lol..Just said I never understood saying that a playoff win was not impressive.

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 01:36 AM
I did not think I was blasting him lol..Just said I never understood saying that a playoff win was not impressive.

Not impressive BECAUSE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BLOW EVERYONE OUT and they have not done so. QED:cool:

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Not impressive BECAUSE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BLOW EVERYONE OUT and they have not done so. QED:cool:

lol..I NEVER listen to a fan of a team describe their team unless they have proven they can be unbiased..it is NEVER as bad or as good as the fan of a team says it is

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 01:38 AM
Amen and amen:D

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 01:40 AM
I did not think I was blasting him lol..Just said I never understood saying that a playoff win was not impressive. (shrug).....I get his logic though...when a team that's been dominating all season...and expected to blow a playoff opponent out....DOESN'T...or doesn't QUITE live up to expectations based on the hype that's been generated......it's easy for one to say they "weren't impressive" in reference to the previously mentioned pre-game hype and expectations.

It's cool Pud.....I know where you're comin from.

I think I'm fixin to call it a night fellas....got the ole sinuses draining, which has given me a sore throat.

GO LEPS!!

gameface
12-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Pud-sounds like early smack from east texas broadcaster radio...hold on, impressive talk is cutting in and out, I'm just hearing some static! LEOPARDS HAVE GAMEFACE ON!:cool:

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Carthage better strap on because there's a new sheriff in town. Go Leps clip the Bulldogs!:D

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 02:28 AM
La Grange will supply Carthage with these. (http://www.ask.com/bar?q=neuticles+for+dogs&page=1&qsrc=19&dm=all&ab=1&title=Neuticles.com&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neuticles.com%2F&sg=7VOdKkNyTdvbUAuZVuzG8DQZlcFtKvThYvJi7AwKzYg%3D&tsp=1260084363019)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2009, 02:39 AM
Dont know if La Grange can stop them from moving the ball down field but as long they keep them out of end zone like Lorena managed to do for most of the game, La Grange passing attack could win this game for them. Its not a easy offense to stop consistantly. La Grange wins in another good high scoring game by 3.

Bull's-eye
12-06-2009, 02:39 AM
La Grange will supply Carthage with these. (http://www.ask.com/bar?q=neuticles+for+dogs&page=1&qsrc=19&dm=all&ab=1&title=Neuticles.com&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neuticles.com%2F&sg=7VOdKkNyTdvbUAuZVuzG8DQZlcFtKvThYvJi7AwKzYg%3D&tsp=1260084363019)

You tell'em Pud. :D

76IHSMustang
12-06-2009, 02:44 AM
This was the most exciting nailbiter I've seen in years!! Sinton's offense put on an awsome performance. harrison and your reciever's routes gave our secondary major headaches.Definitely t
he best passing team LG has seen this season.

HATS OFF TO THE SINTON PIRATES

gameface
12-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Heard last night that LG vs. Carthage game will either be Saturday in Midlothian stadium or Friday in Cowboy stadium............tba! Coach Walker ran the offense for Ennis-hopefully we can get entire town of LG and Ennis at the game...hmm, i wonder if Barney Fife can guard the town of LG from any mischief when we jet north for the dawg and cat fight? Leopards Rock!

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Looks like we're going to be doing some driving north next week. Heck, I'd drive to Alaska to see the Leps beat Carthage LOL.

The Bulldogs apparently have a huge O line. The Leps have faced big o lines in Lockhart, Giddings, Sweeny, and Sinton(those boys were big last night). I think our D has been sufficiently tested against big physical o lines to hang with Carthage. Our DC will work on stunts and blitzes to keep 'em off balance. I hope we work on our pass coverage. The zone coverage was way too soft last night. Of course we were facing an extremely well oiled passing offense with a qb that at 6'6" could pick our defense apart. I don't think Carthage will have that good of a passing game. Man to man coverage might be the way to go next week. Stopping the power running game will be the greatest challenge. Go Leps, Beat Carthage!

warda
12-06-2009, 10:02 AM

Pud, I don't think you realize that the level of football is about to go WAY up. I wouldn't talk too much .....

oldtownag
12-06-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't think Carthage will have that good of a passing game. Man to man coverage might be the way to go next week.

I think you should inform the La Grange coaching staff about this great piece of scouting knowledge.

oldtownag
12-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Well if you look up some of the posts from Carthage you get the picture...Hubris.:mad:

Great job scouting this board as well!

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Being from Forney I guess I understand your disdain for La Grange since the Leps owned Forney in football and baseball when yall were 3A.

Go Leps trounce the Bulldogs!

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by gameface
Pud-sounds like early smack from east texas broadcaster radio...hold on, impressive talk is cutting in and out, I'm just hearing some static! LEOPARDS HAVE GAMEFACE ON!:cool:

LOL..I have no dog (no pun) in this race

oldtownag
12-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Being from Forney I guess I understand your disdain for La Grange since the Leps owned Forney in football and baseball when yall were 3A.

Go Leps trounce the Bulldogs!

I have only lived in Forney for 3 1/2 years. Who said I had a disdain for La Grange? I just pointed out that you don't know what you are talking about. And everytime you make another comment you seem to confirm that.

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
I have only lived in Forney for 3 1/2 years. Who said I had a disdain for La Grange? I just pointed out that you don't know what you are talking about. And everytime you make another comment you seem to confirm that.

What makes you so smart, are you originally from Carthage. I listened to Carthage's last game and it did seem like they were mainly a running team, fill us in when all your knowledge of them.

oldtownag
12-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
What makes you so smart, are you originally from Carthage. I listened to Carthage's last game and it did seem like they were mainly a running team, fill us in when all your knowledge of them.

You ever heard of a balanced attack? In the game you listened to Carthage QB Anthony Morgan went 13-for-15 for 171 yards and 4 Touchdowns!

Oh, and Carthage RB O'Bryan Washington ran for 203 yards on 23 carries. So yes we are a running team!

And the concensus is that Carthage had a poor performance. I think the real story was Lorena played an excellent game and capitalized on the Carthage mistakes.

And yes I am from Carthage.

Inmateboss
12-06-2009, 01:18 PM
This statement is funny to me..is this the BCS? Do they have to not only win a playoff game but also impress?

This is a team that lost their starting QB AND stud RB from their title team and are once again in the Semi-finals..that IMO is impressive enough

:iagree: :iagree:

Inmateboss
12-06-2009, 01:22 PM

I'm with you on this, 1 might as well be 100, it's still in the books as a "W"!!!

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Well, sure a win is a win and for the most part that is impressive in and of itself. However, last week some Carthage posters made some remarks about how they played the "real Leopard team" and how the LG Leps haven't played a dominating team yet and so on. There were whole threads about how dominating East Texas football is and frankly I think if all that is so then Carthage should be blowing everyone out. Fact is they aren't and so yes I'm not so impressed with their dominance.

Obviously they are very good and the defending champions with most back for a repeat run. The Leps will face their biggest challenge next week. They will bring their A game. They will play up to the talent of the opposition.

Most folks around this board and Great State of Texas never thought the Leps would be where they are now in the early season. Well, many of us folks down here in Fayette County knew they were going to make some noise. La Grange survived the toughest district schedule in 3A losing to two excellent teams, Giddings and Sealy, by a combined 11 points. They sucked it up and even though they were third in district they went out and decisively beat the D26 champions Sweeny, the talented and tough Edna Cowboys, Devine and edged out an outstanding and in my mind very underated Sinton team. Now we face the Carthage Bulldogs defending state champions with a 26 game winning streak. Yes we have a tough battle but these Leps have had many this season. Go Leps, dock the Bulldogs and go on to win state!

oldtownag
12-06-2009, 02:21 PM
However, last week some Carthage posters made some remarks about how they played the "real Leopard team" and how the LG Leps haven't played a dominating team yet and so on.

Was not me! Link?

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 02:25 PM
You ever heard of a balanced attack? In the game you listened to Carthage QB Anthony Morgan went 13-for-15 for 171 yards and 4 Touchdowns!

Oh, and Carthage RB O'Bryan Washington ran for 203 yards on 23 carries. So yes we are a running team!

And the concensus is that Carthage had a poor performance. I think the real story was Lorena played an excellent game and capitalized on the Carthage mistakes.

Sounds like the Marlin team in 2000, on paper we should have not even been on the same field but I think most know what happened. Carthage is a good team however we have been in Region 3 before so we know what's ahead of us, we will still show up to play you. LG Tailgate team will be bigger than ever. Go Leps.

LHS 2SONS
12-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Just heard game is Saturday @ 6:00 in Midlothian.

BAND OF BROTHERS

GO LEPS

44INAROW
12-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS

BAND OF BROTHERS

GO LEPS

GOOO LEPS :clap:

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Looks like we're going to be doing some driving north next week. Heck, I'd drive to Alaska to see the Leps beat Carthage LOL.

The Bulldogs apparently have a huge O line. The Leps have faced big o lines in Lockhart, Giddings, Sweeny, and Sinton(those boys were big last night). I think our D has been sufficiently tested against big physical o lines to hang with Carthage. Our DC will work on stunts and blitzes to keep 'em off balance. I hope we work on our pass coverage. The zone coverage was way too soft last night. Of course we were facing an extremely well oiled passing offense with a qb that at 6'6" could pick our defense apart. I don't think Carthage will have that good of a passing game. Man to man coverage might be the way to go next week. Stopping the power running game will be the greatest challenge. Go Leps, Beat Carthage! I've driven from Anchorage to Corpus.....it's a once in a lifetime experience....very beautiful. If they end up and play in Alaska...lemme know...I'll ride w/ ya and split driving time, LOL. ;)

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 05:14 PM
IHStangFan LOL Alaska is a beautiful state. Went fishing there once and caught huge halibut and salmon. No, I'm going to try to get on a charter bus to Midlothian Saturday. Any Lep fans who know about a bus please PM me so I can get on board. Go Leps Beat Carthage!

HEMOTOXIC
12-06-2009, 05:20 PM
La Grange in a close one.

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 06:33 PM

OK, tell us about Carthage. Do they run out of the power I or slot t? Does the qb take the snap mostly over center or from the shotgun? Who gave Carthage the best game in their 26 game winning streak and why? Obviously the Bulldogs have their act together. Tell us about them. Cheers!:)

pirate4state
12-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS

BAND OF BROTHERS

GO LEPS

:eek: :eek:

wow....that's quite a haul for the Leps, but no matter...I know your fans will be out in full force! Wanna borrow some of our speakers? ;)

GO GET 'EM LEPS!

I will be in the area, but I'll be at the Gilmer/Wylie DI state game.

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah those speakers are wizzard!

oldtownag
12-06-2009, 08:18 PM
OK, tell us about Carthage. Do they run out of the power I or slot t? Does the qb take the snap mostly over center or from the shotgun? Who gave Carthage the best game in their 26 game winning streak and why? Obviously the Bulldogs have their act together. Tell us about them. Cheers!:)

You first Scout.

lgfandad
12-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek:

wow....that's quite a haul for the Leps, but no matter...I know your fans will be out in full force! Wanna borrow some of our speakers? ;)

GO GET 'EM LEPS!

I will be in the area, but I'll be at the Gilmer/Wylie DI state game.
That was a borrowed system to try and block out your sound since you were using the bleachers to bounce off of !!!
Well we don't need your sound system as you have already put it in storage till next year PS Probably need to store it in a climate controlled enviroment since it will 9 months till you use it again

Pudlugger
12-06-2009, 09:15 PM
You first Scout.

Ok. The Leps run the spread formation with no huddle. Schneider #6 qb takes the snap from his brother Nathan #55 the center. The running backs are #22 Wilson a senior and #14 Daniels a junior. #27 Dugan fills in. All three are very capable of breaking for big yards anytime they touch the ball. The receivers are #8 McHazelett , #9 Wilkerson, #5 Morris and #34 Dwiggins. They form the core of the Lep passing offense around the proficiency of #6 Schneider at Qb. Our O line is anchored by seniors Drab, Fitzpatrick, and Whited along with juniors Schneider and Schneider. They average 230lbs and although small for this level all have excellent fundamentals and so far have been able to protect the qb very well.

On defense we have #88 soph Childs anchoring the d line at noseguard, #61 Grayson and # 30 Gonzales alternating at tackle and #70 Ledwick and #27 Dugan at DE. The linebackers are #18 Davis, #99 Kolek #19 Divin and #20 Kolb. Safety #2 Garlich, dbs #11 Heinrich and #13 Henderson.

The Leps average 42 points on offense and give up 20 on defense in the 4 playoff games.

Now your turn. Cheers, Pud:)

oldtownag
12-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Carthage uses multiple formations (pro style). Offensive line is big. QB is accurate. Receivers can catch. TE #85 is a stud. RB runs hard. Defense is big. Look for LB #80 & DT #71 on defense to make plays.

Offense has scored 42 ppg in playoffs.
Defense has given up 22 ppg in playoffs.

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Ok. The Leps run the spread formation with no huddle. Schneider #6 qb takes the snap from his brother Nathan #55 the center. The running backs are #22 Wilson a senior and #14 Daniels a junior. #27 Dugan fills in. All three are very capable of breaking for big yards anytime they touch the ball. The receivers are #8 McHazelett , #9 Wilkerson, #5 Morris and #34 Dwiggins. They form the core of the Lep passing offense around the proficiency of #6 Schneider at Qb. Our O line is anchored by seniors Drab, Fitzpatrick, and Whited along with juniors Schneider and Schneider. They average 230lbs and although small for this level all have excellent fundamentals and so far have been able to protect the qb very well.

On defense we have #88 soph Childs anchoring the d line at noseguard, #61 Grayson and # 30 Gonzales alternating at tackle and #70 Ledwick and #27 Dugan at DE. The linebackers are #18 Davis, #99 Kolek #19 Divin and #20 Kolb. Safety #2 Garlich, dbs #11 Heinrich and #13 Henderson.

The Leps average 42 points on offense and give up 20 on defense in the 4 playoff games.

Now your turn. Cheers, Pud:)

#22 Wilson is a junior.

76IHSMustang
12-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Is La Grange home or visitor?

TRENCHES06
12-06-2009, 10:29 PM
home

pirate4state
12-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by lgfandad
That was a borrowed system to try and block out your sound since you were using the bleachers to bounce off of !!!
Well we don't need your sound system as you have already put it in storage till next year PS Probably need to store it in a climate controlled enviroment since it will 9 months till you use it again LOL chill dude...it was a joke. We use our system year round. We play & excel in more than one sport in Sinton. :)

76IHSMustang
12-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Great!! La Grange hasn't lost a game yet in the playoffs with those purple jerseys!

lgfandad
12-06-2009, 10:50 PM
LOL chill dude...it was a joke. We use our system year round. We play & excel in more than one sport in Sinton.
:)
Well go bake your cake for the tiddle wink team cause it ain't happening in FOOTBALL!!!!

pirate4state
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by lgfandad
Well go bake your cake for the tiddle wink team cause it ain't happening in FOOTBALL!!!! Always has to be one DA in the bunch. Congrats you win! :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

hookandladder
12-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Always has to be one DA in the bunch. Congrats you win! :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Why do you have IHStangs RegionIV pickem 69/90, what does this mean.

PutMeInCoach
12-06-2009, 11:20 PM
pirate4state-

I apoligize on behalf of all Lep posters for the ignorant remarks from lgfandad. I'm all about supporting your team and a little light hearted pregame smack talk, but once the game is said and done, IT IS SAID AND DONE!

Congrats on a great season!

gameface
12-06-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm still digesting the victory over Sinton. Now getting fired up after viewing 140 digital pix from victory game over Pirates. I spoke with a coach who knows Carthage after church this morning who says that the beasts from the east are big and strong. I relayed that we were fast and tenacious. He said the dawgs love to run the ball at you. I said that we can pick most defenses apart with our salty offense. He said that they are the real deal. I said that Leopards are focused, talented to make big plays and have team unity to win any championship. I predict a high scoring game. Leopards have GAMEFACE ON.

Pudlugger
12-07-2009, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
pirate4state-

I apoligize on behalf of all Lep posters for the ignorant remarks from lgfandad. I'm all about supporting your team and a little light hearted pregame smack talk, but once the game is said and done, IT IS SAID AND DONE!

:clap: :ditto:

sinton66
12-07-2009, 06:50 AM
GO LEOPARDS!!!

pirate4state
12-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Why do you have IHStangs RegionIV pickem 69/90, what does this mean. It was a pickem contest started by IHStangFan and picked up by the Region IV editor later in the year. I just never bothered to change it. I was right 69 out of 90 times.

pirate4state-

No worries Coach & pudlugger - he is but one person and a new one at that. The long time LG fans have been nothing but gracious. Again, good luck and beat Carthage!

StangEm
12-07-2009, 10:01 AM
REALLY pulling for La Grange....but not sure the match up favors them this week. Heart says La Grange....head is saying Carthage.

:iagree:

Pudlugger
12-07-2009, 10:29 AM
I understand your sentiment. I do think the Leps match up well though as the Bulldogs offense is a lot like Bellville and Needville with the pro set and power I formations. The Lep secondary had trouble with the spread teams especially Sinton who run it to perfection. I think the Lep D will get some stops and get the ball to our offense enough to stay in the game. With a few breaks we could actually win it. The Leps are good at making their own breaks so I'm optimistic. Go Leps Beat Carthage.

hookandladder
12-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by StangEm
:iagree:

No problem, being the underdog is not always bad and yes we know we will be battling a really good team. If we can makes some stops and take care of the ball, I think we have a shot at beating them. Without seeing them play or having command opponents it is really hard to know just how good they are, they are the defending champions so we know they have been there done that. Dame and it's only Monday.

CHEERDAD
12-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Ditto!

oldtownag
12-07-2009, 11:09 AM
I do think the Leps match up well though as the Bulldogs offense is a lot like Bellville and Needville with the pro set and power I formations.

Dawgs are in spread alot more than power I.

cdlvj
12-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Friday, December 04, 2009

CARTHAGE — The names Si'Darius Blackshire, Dwight Smith, Joe Jones and Jarvin Robinson are familiar to Carthage football followers. The quartet fueled an offense that scored more than 700 points en route to the 2008 Class 3A Division II state crown.

A season later, a different cast has produced similar success. Carthage enters the 3A Division II Region III final against Lorena at 7:30 tonight in Corsicana aiming for back-to-back state titles, while a couple of skill-position players shoot for school records.

Blackshire re-wrote Carthage's passing records, including single-season highs of 2,735 yards and 36 touchdown passes in 2008. Current starter Anthony Morgan needs only 404 yards and three touchdown passes to tie Blackshire's marks. Receiver Jalen Claiborne is 193 yards and four touchdown catches shy of records Anthony Pope set (951 and 15) on the 1991 4A state finalist team.

While Smith's records of 2,820 yards and 43 rushing touchdowns appear safe, O'Bryan "Wheetie" Washington has proven more than capable of starring in the feature-back role with 1,411 yards and 13 touchdowns. Of Washington's 171 carries, 108 came in five non-district games as Carthage's passing game struggled early. Washington ran for 883 yards in those five games, including four 4A opponents, and eclipsed the 200-yard mark twice.

"We said all along our passing game was not there early," said head coach Scott Surratt. "When we hit that open week we concentrated a lot on our passing game because we knew we had to get a lot better there. That's where our big plays would come from."

Surratt said Morgan grasped the passing game better after the Oct. 2 open date. Morgan threw eight touchdowns and six interceptions in non-district, but since has thrown 25 scores and two picks. Surratt said Morgan's learning process has resulted in the coaching staff now allowing Morgan to check 75 percent of Carthage's plays, and that he knows what plays to execute, run or pass, while checking at the line.

Morgan credits the rest of the offense for making his job easier.

"We've got a real good running game to complement our passing game," Morgan said. "We can play-action and throw it over the top any time, and we've got great linemen that'll block for us and great receivers that'll go up and get it even if it's not a good ball."

Morgan, a 5-8, 165-pound junior, started at safety as a sophomore. Surratt said Morgan's athleticism helps his quarterbacking ability. Surratt added that Morgan's vision and arm strength make up for his small frame.

"We're not throwing over people. We're throwing through lanes. That's the main thing he had to understand early," Surratt said. "What everybody else thinks is you're seeing over (the offensive line). None of those NFL quarterbacks are seeing over those 6-5 linemen. They're throwing through lanes. He understands that now and he's played really, really well. I think of his eight interceptions, five of them have been either off our hands or tipped at the line of scrimmage."

Morgan has thrown for more than 600 yards, nine touchdowns and one interception in three playoff games. With the passing game clicking, Carthage has not relied on Washington's running skills as much. Washington, who missed the first two District 18-3A games with an injury, has averaged only 10.5 carries per game in his last six contests. That's in contrast to 21.6 per game during non-district.

"In the big game against Mexia he had 24 carries, so we're still going to stick it in his belly in a big game," Surratt said. "We ran O'Bryan a little bit more than we wanted to early to not get him worn down for the long run, but, again, we were so far behind in the passing game we had to rely on the running game. He and our offensive linemen pulled us through those games. The run game won us those games early, and now I think we can win with either."

Washington said he's just happy to be a part of such a balanced offense.

"I've got to give it to the line because if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be able to do as much as I could," Washington said. "The opportunity of being the running back is great. I had to step up and do what I could do to help try to get us where we're at now."

Hunter Holland and Tamonte Hines have done well spelling Washington. The junior duo has combined for 760 yards and eight touchdowns as Carthage has rushed for about 2,700 yards.

Another junior, Claiborne, has enjoyed the playoffs, catching 15 passes for 256 yards and four touchdowns while adding a rushing touchdown. The past two games have seen Claiborne post 12 grabs for 200 yards, including a three-touchdown performance against Caldwell.

Claiborne said a certain individual has a lot to do with his postseason success.

"I think it's just coach Surratt being coach Surratt," Claiborne said. "Game planning, drawing up the plays he draws up. I've never seen anybody who can do that like he can."

This season marks Surratt's third at Carthage and the third time he's had to acclimate a new receiving corps to the offense. Tavares "Man" Allison and Richard Lyles were Blackshire's primary targets in 2007 before Jones and Robinson last season. Claiborne joins Gary Nutt and Edward Pope, a trio that logged significant time in 2008 behind Jones and Robinson.

The oft-overlooked Nutt is a "slash" player; he plays wideout, wildcat quarterback and returns kickoffs. His 49 offensive touches have yielded 655 yards and seven touchdowns, not including last week's game-opening kickoff return score. Pope, a 6-4, 170-pound sophomore, starts at strong safety and is a mismatch in the passing game.

And that's not including Trevor Murphy, an all-state tight end.

"We've got really good receivers now. They've replaced those guys very well," Surratt said. "E Pope hit that little learning curve as a sophomore and he's gotten over that now, especially playing both ways and knowing he could do it. He's a special receiver out there. Gary gives us the big play and our screen guy, and Jalen's the playmaker."

The new set of skill players has resulted in success similar to that of last year's offense. Add to that offensive and defensive lines among the top groups in the state, and a more experienced defense than last year's state champion unit, and Surratt believes this year's team is right where it should be entering its 14th game.

"We feel very confident offensively that we can win the game passing or running right now, and that's where we wanted to get," Surratt said. "It's taken us a while to get there, but I think we're there now."

franz
12-07-2009, 03:59 PM
No problem, being the underdog is not always bad and yes we know we will be battling a really good team. If we can makes some stops and take care of the ball, I think we have a shot at beating them. Without seeing them play or having command opponents it is really hard to know just how good they are, they are the defending champions so we know they have been there done that. Dame and it's only Monday.

You don't seem to be as cocky on this thread. Carthage by 2 TD's

LG2000
12-07-2009, 04:37 PM
We are very proud of our Leps and their continued accomplishments. Yes this will be yet another great game and will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes. Go Leps we are behind you 120%. Beat the Bulldogs and Win State!!!

LHS 2SONS
12-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the board LG2000, good another LG supporter

BAND OF BROTHERS

GO LEPS

LG_BOB
12-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I can’t wait to get on the buss Saturday. This week will drag on.

Go Leps

hookandladder
12-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by franz
You don't seem to be as cocky on this thread. Carthage by 2 TD's

Which other tread are you talking about, are you talking to me personally or LG fans.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Carthage defense, how do you think they'll defend the spread?

Pudlugger
12-07-2009, 08:05 PM
With that huge O line and at only 5'8" it is remarkable that their qb has had so much success. He must have all day back there to find his receivers through lanes. I hope the DC works on getting the boys to lift their arms up in the pass rush.

warhorsejoe
12-07-2009, 08:33 PM
GO LEOPARDS!!![B][COLOR=darkred]

Pudlugger
12-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks WarhorseJoe you're a stand up guy.:D

LHS 2SONS
12-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Hey Pudlugger you get my pm

Pudlugger
12-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Yes, thank you so much. We'll be on the 12:00 bus if we can get the tickets tomorrow. Mrs. Pudlugger says she wants to go too so we'll turn out to support our Leps together. Both of us are now on the recovery side of colds hence the trepidation to making the long trip for the Mrs.. I would go on a respirator if necessary LOL.:D

76IHSMustang
12-07-2009, 10:59 PM
The Bulldogs win streak has to end sometime. Might as well be this weekend!! The Leps are good at breaking win streaks-just ask the Sealy Tigers .

gameface
12-07-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm gonna leave the intricate details on how to contain the spread O of carthage to the LG coaches. I generally like the hard nose play of #30 and #88 in the middle and the speed and aggression of #14 and #27 on the ends, esp. Dungan with lots of sacks last week followed up with Divin's power blitzs'. Our wall of linebackers have speed but especially mass to fatigue any fullback coming with the football. Our secondary makes big plays-speed and height an asset to interceptions and, of course, natural ability leading a hand with 3-interceptions by Ethan in the Devine game in round 3. Our defense has an elusiveness about them-add a little polish and let'em shine. Our spread offense is well overdue to erupt and produce a scoring spree rendering massive points in the first half of the game. If we establish a 1st half surge of scores-you know what we can and have done during all the playoff games in the 2nd half-really rack up TD's with our depth from the offensive arsenal. We've seen lots of mass/size on both sides of the ball in many games this season and have plenty layers of blocking to unleash Josh with his passing magic. Yes, I'm an optimist and huge Leopard fan and fully believe in the LG crew of '09! I say LG has GAMEFACE ON!

formermbcouns
12-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Sounds like the Marlin team in 2000, on paper we should have not even been on the same field but I think most know what happened. Carthage is a good team however we have been in Region 3 before so we know what's ahead of us, we will still show up to play you. LG Tailgate team will be bigger than ever. Go Leps.

I remember that game very well...very disappointing.

Pudlugger
12-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Last year we all remember what happened to Giddings when they faced eventual champions Carthage in the semi-final. They lost 41-14. This year the Leps face another powerful Bulldog team perhaps as good as last year's champs. The Leps will be prepared. They know what they have to do to win. The Leps have faced several outstanding football teams in their drive so far. Sweeny, Edna and Sinton fielded exceptional athlete's especially at quarterback. That will help them as one key to success will be to get to the Bulldog qb and put him under pressure. If the Leps can force the Bulldogs to run the ball they might get enough stops to allow their offense to dictate the tempo. The Lep defense has been good at the pass rush so I am confident they will put up a good showing Saturday. Go Leps Beat Carthage Win State!

Pudlugger
12-08-2009, 07:07 PM
How did the Lep practice go today? It was rainy and wet all day not hard rain just drizzle.

trojandad
12-08-2009, 07:47 PM
geez pud, i'm still aching to not get to play you guys again, but i'm proud you guys made it this far.....i think all kinds of talent is gonna be on that field on both sides, but it appears that since the mexia game carthage has appeared a little more human and since the sealy game you guys have come together......i'm gonna do my best to make it (sat thru the dayton loss last fri) but if not, save me a seat at the big dance......lagrange by an extra point....

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 08:23 PM
last year Carthage 41 Giddings 14..................Carthage not as good as last year...............but good enough. Carthage 34 Lagrange 21..............Carthage is primed to be beaten. D not playing as well as early in the season. If Lagrange can't get it done, i think its over. they will win the last one.

Pudlugger
12-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Lostaussie, the team they beat in the semis last year was Giddings 41-14. Thanks for the encouragement though. Our defense has been getting very salty this post district play. Maybe we can stop this juggernaut. Go Leps Beat the Bulldogs and Win State!!!!:)

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 08:38 PM
my bad:D now fixed!!

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Lostaussie, the team they beat in the semis last year was Giddings 41-14. Thanks for the encouragement though. Our defense has been getting very salty this post district play. Maybe we can stop this juggernaut. Go Leps Beat the Bulldogs and Win State!!!!:) don't get me wrong...........they are very good. just seem to me that they have not been playing well lately. we shall see. good luck!!

Pudlugger
12-08-2009, 08:52 PM
No, I understand. Carthage steamrolled to State last year. They dominated a very good Giddings team. Now La Grange comes out of Region 4 12-2 and they must face this 26 game winning streak team with offensive lineman 7 feet tall and a qb who shoots lightening bolts from his eyes and fireballs from his arse! Well, the Leps can deal with that thank you very much.:D

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 09:02 PM
No, I understand. Carthage steamrolled to State last year. They dominated a very good Giddings team. Now La Grange comes out of Region 4 12-2 and they must face this 26 game winning streak team with offensive lineman 7 feet tall and a qb who shoots lightening bolts from his eyes and fireballs from his arse! Well, the Leps can deal with that thank you very much.:D well the linemen may be 7 feet tall...............but i have yet to see the qb shoot a lightening bolt from his ass:D

Pudlugger
12-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Hat tip to William Wallace from Braveheart.

SintonFan
12-08-2009, 09:18 PM
The Lep offense is hard to stop as they have talented, disciplined receivers, a very very good QB, OL that can stick their blocks and a running game to boot.:clap::eek:

Go LLLLGGGG!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Pudlugger
12-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I think the lepswill represent Region 4 with honor next week.

hookandladder
12-09-2009, 07:11 AM
I think the lepswill represent Region 4 with honor next week.

Last night watched parts of our 2000 State Championship game, gave me goose bumps watching that fumble at the end of the game. Our games against Marlin and then Forney prove that any team can win this time of the year, think it would be great if the coaches could replay these games on their bus ride up to Midlothian Saturday. Gotta get you pumped.

This thread sure is missing some Carthage fans, pretty slow compared to last week with Sinton.

gameface
12-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I burned Walker the 6 minute DVD highlights Valastro gave me from the 2000 State Championship game against Forney in Texas Stadium. He showed it to the kids before 2006 Sweeny game! I'm not sure if he has the road to state DVD featuring each game until final victory match against Jackrabbits. I think I gave him both DVD's. I do know that he has shown the kids Ennis highlights footage when he was offensive guru. I will pass the recommendation along the channels and perhaps 2Sons can convey as well. The boys are ready-they are fired up and confident. They know that each week they have to improve to fulfil the task at hand. We will come to play. LG's goal-simple, WIN STATE. Leopards have GAMEFACE ON!

Pudlugger
12-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Gameface I posted a good video clip that might inspire our Band of Brothers.

here it is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAvmLDkAgAM)

teetle
12-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Congratulations to the Lepes ons a very goods season, Pud. Goods luck againstes Carthage.:bigcry: :eek: :bigcry:

oldtownag
12-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Carthage Bulldogs Championship Game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H27M4lCEB-4)

Rustler
12-09-2009, 09:30 AM
:stirpot: Go Graham and Go Abilene Wylie:stirpot:

Pudlugger
12-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Very inspiring video 'oldtownag. I like Bob Seager's Like a Rock. Lookin' forward to our Leps matching up with your boys Saturday. Should be another great game.

Go Leps, Beat Carthage Win State!

gameface
12-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks Pud and thanks for sharing Carthage Ag! Now, let's band together brother Leopards, get your gameface on and let's kick some butt! Purple pride-Leps win by 7.

oldtownag
12-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Dawgs by 21!

That is all.

hookandladder
12-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Dawgs by 21!

That is all.

Forney resident jumping on the Carthage bandwagon, streak has to end sometime looking like Saturday.

oldtownag
12-09-2009, 06:16 PM
This thread sure is missing some Carthage fans, pretty slow compared to last week with Sinton.
Make up your mind. Do you want to talk smack or not?

Pudlugger
12-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Dawgs by 21!

That is all.

I like your Bulldog, he's got a certain charm.

As for your prediction, well let's just say I think it is a little over optimistic. The Leps have played several real good teams and have only lost in two closely fought games to Giddings and Sealy. Both were true grudge match rivilries and were played at playoff level intensity. I would say that both Giddings and Sealy had to play their best game of the year in beating us. If Carthage thinks it is going to be a cake walk and the Leps will just roll over they will be unpleasantly surprised. The Leps will bring their A game and leave everything on the field. They are all highly conditioned athletes, no fat boys on our line. They play hard for four quarters and hardest in the fourth quarter. They do not tire. The defense never stands with hands on hips, they are ready to pounce each and every play. Go Leps, beat the Bulldogs!!!

zebrablue2
12-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Best of luck to the Leps. I really feel like the dream run will end this Saturday, but it will be with one hell of a battle. Hang with them for 3 qts., for we know you can win the 4th..

oldtownag
12-09-2009, 07:27 PM

As for your prediction, well let's just say I think it is a little over optimistic.

Honestly, I have no idea how this will turn out. Carthage has not played many good spread offenses this year. The last good spread team we played was Gilmer last year. We dominated the Buckeyes but never put them away. Guess we will find out Saturday!

hookandladder
12-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Best of luck to the Leps. I really feel like the dream run will end this Saturday, but it will be with one hell of a battle. Hang with them for 3 qts., for we know you can win the 4th..

Why do you think this is a dream run, we have been better than every team we have played so far and have proved it. Maybe you feel that way because Bellville did not make the playoffs, this is no dream run this is what we expected from the beginning of the playoffs. The only thing that did not happen is that Giddings got beat in the first round, we expected to be playing them in the 4th round. You can dream about maybe making the playoffs next til then it is basketball time for Bellville.

Pudlugger
12-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Why do you think this is a dream run, we have been better than every team we have played so far and have proved it. Maybe you feel that way because Bellville did not make the playoffs, this is no dream run this is what we expected from the beginning of the playoffs. The only thing that did not happen is that Giddings got beat in the first round, we expected to be playing them in the 4th round. You can dream about maybe making the playoffs next til then it is basketball time for Bellville.
Time Out!

Zebrablue2 was referring to the "dream run" of 26 games by Carthage. Hook, I thought like you at first. Being the underdog makes you defensive. Read the post like I noted and it makes perfect sense. The Leps will win this game in the fourth! Go Leps, Beat Carthage...Win State!!!:mad:

lostaussie
12-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Honestly, I have no idea how this will turn out. Carthage has not played many good spread offenses this year. The last good spread team we played was Gilmer last year. We dominated the Buckeyes but never put them away. Guess we will find out Saturday! hmmmm, 31-28 is a domination...........think not................carthage dominated 1st half, we pretty much owned the 2nd half. you won and you were the best team that night..............GO BULLDAWGS...............its all good!!

hookandladder
12-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Time Out!

Zebrablue2 was referring to the "dream run" of 26 games by Carthage. Hook, I thought like you at first. Being the underdog makes you defensive. Read the post like I noted and it makes perfect sense. The Leps will win this game in the fourth! Go Leps, Beat Carthage...Win State!!!:mad:

I guess it just depends how you read it, only Zebrablue2 can clear the air. I would like to think our District folds would be pulling for us.

oldtownag
12-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
hmmmm, 31-28 is a domination...........think not................carthage dominated 1st half, we pretty much owned the 2nd half. you won and you were the best team that night..............GO BULLDAWGS...............its all good!!

My point was that Carthage had a good gameplan against a great team and won. Gilmer could have easily quit that game but they didn't. They battled to the very end and made a game of it. I respect Gilmer and I think most Carthage fans do. Too bad we can't see who is the best this year.

zebrablue2
12-09-2009, 09:35 PM
I guess it just depends how you read it, only Zebrablue2 can clear the air. I would like to think our District folds would be pulling for us.

sorry u are so defensive hook! heck yes i am pulling for the leps. and as I stated, if it is close going to the 4th, the leps passing game will lead them to victory, c-thage has not seen a passing attack like the leps all season, believe me. thanks pud for being the older, wise one on here. I am in your fair town twice a week selling supplies to restaurants, would like to meet you guys at Weikel's or La Marina sometime. best of luck to the leps sat...

Pudlugger
12-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Zebra, La Marina has good food? I never have eaten there. I see lots of cars out front. That place has been so many different restaurants over the years i just pass it by. Maybe I should stop in. Yeah, let's have lunch. I'll pencil you in LOL!:D

franz
12-09-2009, 11:11 PM

Is this the same person that said markp08 could not stand someone picking Gilmer over his Wylie team.

76IHSMustang
12-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Just checked the smoaky.com forums. These East Texans are really dogging the Leopards.

Pudlugger
12-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Is this the same person that said markp08 could not stand someone picking Gilmer over his Wylie team.

Huh?:confused:

44INAROW
12-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by 76IHSMustang
Just checked the smoaky.com forums. These East Texans are really dogging the Leopards.

they dog anyone who ISNT in East Texas.

Go Leopards - Beat the Bulldogs :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
12-10-2009, 12:11 AM

*Casting a suspicious eye*
It sure looks pretty dang close to the ones used by Burnett fans around 2002.;)

SintonFan
12-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Go Leopards!!!
Beat Carthage(ns)!!!
:clap: :clap: ;)

hookandladder
12-10-2009, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
sorry u are so defensive hook! heck yes i am pulling for the leps. and as I stated, if it is close going to the 4th, the leps passing game will lead them to victory, c-thage has not seen a passing attack like the leps all season, believe me. thanks pud for being the older, wise one on here. I am in your fair town twice a week selling supplies to restaurants, would like to meet you guys at Weikel's or La Marina sometime. best of luck to the leps sat...

Yes Pud is older and wiser and what he said about being the underdog can make you more defenses, just read it wrong. Sorry I took it the wrong way, as you are aware of sometimes LG and Bellville folks don't see things eye to eye. Glad your backing the Leps.

hookandladder
12-10-2009, 07:25 AM

Welcome back franz with your 8th post, you never did aswer my question. A little different with him picking against us but yes same person. Other than knowing what Gilmer did to Cuero I really do not know what Wylie is like,still picking Gilmer over Wylie. Mainly because I know how good Cuero was this year.

gameface
12-10-2009, 08:43 AM
LG is ready. Gameface on!

franz
12-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Welcome back franz with your 8th post, you never did aswer my question. A little different with him picking against us but yes same person. Other than knowing what Gilmer did to Cuero I really do not know what Wylie is like,still picking Gilmer over Wylie. Mainly because I know how good Cuero was this year.

teetle
12-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Bellvilles have nothing to squack abouts. Theys were nots in the playoffs. Theys got beat by everybody. Sealy was the king but wes got beat. La Grange is now carring our flags. Go Leps.:D :eek: :weeping: :bigcry:

Pudlugger
12-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Leps are ready! Last week they proved that they can win the big game with their exciting overtime win over a tenacious come from behind team effort by Sinton. This week they face a 27 game winning streak juggernaut out of East Texas intent on winning their second State Championship. The Leps stand squarely in their way. They are the underdogs in this game. They will play their best game of the season and with their unyielding spirit and a little luck will advance to State. Go Leps Beat Carthage!!!

franz
12-10-2009, 10:22 AM

Just defend your Leopards like you are doing and don't get on a Wylie pollster for defending his Bulldogs, especially when you come on the Wylie/Gilmer thread and make the statement that Wylie is 2 TD's inferior to Gilmer and Cuero and know nothing about the Wylie team:wave:

pirate4state
12-10-2009, 10:44 AM
In listening to the Carthage/Lorena game, I felt the lack of a true passing game hurt Lorena. I think if the LG O-line can protect their QB against that big D-line of Carthage, he will pick Carthage's secondary apart....IF he has time.

If Carthage hasn't played a true spread offense, like LG runs, it's gonna take them some time to adjust. I wish I could go watch yall play, but I've been waiting for Gilmer/Wylie all year and if LG wins it will break my heart. LOL

Good Luck Leps! GO! FIGHT! WIN!

hookandladder
12-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Just defend your Leopards like you are doing and don't get on a Wylie pollster for defending his Bulldogs, especially when you come on the Wylie/Gilmer thread and make the statement that Wylie is 2 TD's inferior to Gilmer and Cuero and know nothing about the Wylie team:wave:

Where in the world is Noodle, Still picking Gilmer by 2 Td's.

franz
12-10-2009, 12:21 PM

Its between McCaulley, Sylvester, Truby and Tye. I sure hope you don't have a gambling problem.

PutMeInCoach
12-10-2009, 01:22 PM
GOOD LUCK LEPS!

hookandladder
12-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Its between McCaulley, Sylvester, Truby and Tye. I sure hope you don't have a gambling problem.

Is that in Texas, I only bet on a sure thing. Which thread did you say I was cocky on, On the Gilmer/ Wylie thread I just gave my prediction. Gilmer by 2 Td's.

franz
12-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Is that in Texas, I only bet on a sure thing. Which thread did you say I was cocky on, On the Gilmer/ Wylie thread I just gave my prediction. Gilmer by 2 Td's.

most of them. I will get you some vacation info on Noodle

nobogey72
12-10-2009, 03:04 PM

You pass right through Noodle if you are traveling from Corpus Christi to Dalhart. Unless you go the long way.

franz
12-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Noodle is like that shack outside La Grange you know what I'm talking about. Have mercy Haw Haw Haw. You may not get that.

NateDawg39
12-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Noodle is like that shack outside La Grange you know what I'm talking about. Have mercy Haw Haw Haw. You may not get that. I like sauce on my noodles...

Inmateboss
12-10-2009, 05:38 PM

Best way to find out what Wylie is like, Let your guard down, or make a mistake! They will be glad to show you!!! Good luck to both teams, no injuries. I'll have to go with Wylie, I know what kind of lunch their going to bring!!!:eek:

GO WYLIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NateDawg39
12-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Best way to find out what Wylie is like, Let your guard down, or make a mistake! They will be glad to show you!!! Good luck to both teams, no injuries. I'll have to go with Wylie, I know what kind of lunch their going to bring!!!:eek:

Are they going to share the lunch??

Pudlugger
12-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss

I believe you're on the wrong thread. This is the Carthage v La Grange thread.:hijacktd:

On topic. The Lep running game will come as a surpise to many Saturday night. We have three very strong and fast backs this year capable of breaking the big play on any touch. Folks think the Leps are a unidimensional passing team. That has not been the case especially in the play offs. We have been getting over 150 yards on the ground since district play. Watch out for #14 too he's very shifty and hard to bring down.

Pudlugger
12-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Mrs. Pudlugger and I have our tickets for the 1 PM Charter Bus to Midlothian. I am like a kid on Christmas eve. Can't wait for kickoff. It's a 4 hour drive so we'll bring our DVD player. The team is pumped up. It reminds me of 2000 when we went to Waco ISD and mugged Marlin in the wind. Go Leps Dock the Bulldogs!!!

lostaussie
12-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Mrs. Pudlugger and I have our tickets for the 1 PM Charter Bus to Midlothian. I am like a kid on Christmas eve. Can't wait for kickoff. It's a 4 hour drive so we'll bring our DVD player. The team is pumped up. It reminds me of 2000 when we went to Waco ISD and mugged Marlin in the wind. Go Leps Dock the Bulldogs!!! you ever been to Midlothian stadium? great place to watch a game. no track.............you are right on top of the field. saw Celina mop the floor with LH one night.

gameface
12-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Got my gameface on and ready for some solid purple LG threads to level the white jersey with red numbers to the turf. Welcome to the jungle dawgs-let's get ready to rumble!! The fighting Leopards of La Grange are coming to town and feeling right at home-surrender Dorothy! We worked too hard to patty cake-LG has the certainty, confidence and talent to earn the victory. Leopards dawg the dawgs by 7. :cool:

Daddy D 11
12-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
you ever been to Midlothian stadium? great place to watch a game. no track.............you are right on top of the field. saw Celina mop the floor with LH one night.

Sadly, I witnessed that as well LOL

But alteast the 38 game win streak ended to a class act, proven winner you know?

garciap77
12-11-2009, 11:20 AM
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

#1 TEXAN
12-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by gameface
Got my gameface on and ready for some solid purple LG threads to level the white jersey with red numbers to the turf. Welcome to the jungle dawgs-let's get ready to rumble!! The fighting Leopards of La Grange are coming to town and feeling right at home-surrender Dorothy! We worked too hard to patty cake-LG has the certainty, confidence and talent to earn the victory. Leopards dawg the dawgs by 7. :cool:

DOGS BY 21!

hookandladder
12-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by #1 TEXAN
DOGS BY 21!

Do you see this as a blow out in the first half and then Carthage cruising in the second half or are you saying tight til the end and Carthage pulling away late.

pirate4state
12-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Will anyone be updating the board with scores? I need updates of this game.

GOOD LUCK LEPS!

#1 TEXAN
12-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Do you see this as a blow out in the first half and then Carthage cruising in the second half or are you saying tight til the end and Carthage pulling away late.

I say close game till the end then pulling away late!

R4Editor
12-11-2009, 01:24 PM
La Grange Leopards, you can win this game!

You're big underdogs and most of the "experts" across the state will pick Carthage and who can blame them? Carthage is an awesome team and they are very, very good. You must snatch victory away from the Bulldogs as they will not give it away. The Leopards have to be ready to play every play as if it's their last, and no matter what, compete for every inch, all night long. The role players, the guys that don't get the pub, blocking backs, o-linemen, special teams guys, everyone of you need to play every second as if what you do can be the difference between victory and defeat!

And when in doubt, throw it in the direction of #9. he is a prime time player.

Go get 'em Leopards!

Pudlugger
12-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Right R4Editor. If the Lep D can get some stops against the potent Bulldog running game and force them to pass I think we can squeeze by these guys. It all comes down to the Leps playing their best game of the year. At this level that is what it takes to get the trophy. Leps must play their game and force the Bulldogs to play catchup. Go Leps, get'er done.:mad:

gameface
12-11-2009, 07:55 PM
We're bringing it Pud! Nice peprally tonight-send off is at 11:40am from the school. Like I said, we are bringing it to Carthage. Leps have GAMEFACE ON!

lostaussie
12-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Right R4Editor. If the Lep D can get some stops against the potent Bulldog running game and force them to pass I think we can squeeze by these guys. It all comes down to the Leps playing their best game of the year. At this level that is what it takes to get the trophy. Leps must play their game and force the Bulldogs to play catchup. Go Leps, get'er done.:mad: dawgs are primed and ready to go down...........gonna take a fine team that makes no mistakes to get it done. like i said other day...............if leps don't do it.................it ain't happening.

Pudlugger
12-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Leps will do it.

lostaussie
12-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Leps will do it. not gonna say i hope so...............cause i think its my moral duty to pull for east texas...........but, I hope you make a game of it and have a chance in the end:devil:

rolldawgs
12-11-2009, 09:45 PM
I haven't see LG play, so I'm not one to say what the game will turn out to be. Offensive shootout? Probably. Exciting game? Almost certainly; should be a great one. Like most football games at any level, watching the line of scrimmage in the first few series will often tell you who will have the advantage for most situations.

But... I think it will be more fun to watch the quarterbacks in this game. From what I've read, it sounds like LG has a very good QB, so it will be exciting to watch the signal callers of both teams manage the game. Just a Junior, Morgan from Carthage does an uncanny job of exactly that - managing the game. Watch how many times he checks off at the line of scrimmage. He'll run or throw based on what the defense is giving him; making it very hard for a defense to "know what's coming".

His completion percentage has been right around 83% for the playoffs, so concentrating on stopping the running game is often the quickest way to give up a score to Carthage. Woe to any team who plays a soft zone, but if you blitz and leave a receiver in one-on-one man coverage, you can count on Morgan seeing it and going to it. Receivers have been outstanding; can't even remember the last actual "drop". Offensive line often gives him time to plant his feet and go through his entire progression of reads, but this is something I can't predict until I see what LG's defensive line is capable of doing.

Lots of other interesting points to this game, but I don't want to be too long-winded. Most of all, don'tcha just love HS playoff football?? For the same reasons I love college ball vs. pro; just the raw emotions of the game; athletics in one of its purest forms.

My son and I used to watch multiple play-off games together in the Astrodome, when they would have 3-4 per day in there, even in the early rounds. Would love to watch mutiple games this weekend, but the long drive from Pearland to Midlothian sadly prevents it.

gameface
12-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Winner takes on Graham. Listened to last few minutes on Teamline. Very exciting to see Graham earn victory over Pittsburg. Hope to see you Steers in the final. Enjoy your party-our celebration party begins tomorrow night. Leopards have GAMEFACE ON.

Pudlugger
12-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Well iit's game day. The team gets a send off at 11:40 at the field and then folks will head out to Midlothian. This will be the toughest test yet of the Leps. Their D must slow the mighty Bulldog offense and allow the Lep Offense the opportuities to run up some points. Winner goes to State to play Graham and the loser goes home. Go Leps beat Carthage!!!

Pudlugger
12-12-2009, 09:56 AM
I have an extra ticket for the 1PM Charter Bus to Midlothian if anyone is interested. Also a ticket to the game. Mrs. Pudlugger has a cold and can't make it tonight.:(

If anyone is interested PM me or meet me at the Bus at 12:45 at the stadium lot.

Go Leps Beat Carthage!

oldtownag
12-12-2009, 11:17 AM
IMrs. Pudlugger has a cold and can't make it tonight.:(

Tell her that I said it will probably be a real long ride home anyway.

Pudlugger
12-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Tell her that I said it will probably be a real long ride home anyway.

Yeah, but the sweet taste of victory and warm camaraderie on the Bus as we return home anticipating the excitement of a State Championship game and ring for our Leps will make it all worthwhile.

Go ahead and celebrate early because that is all you are going to get today. Go Leps, Beat Carthage Go to State!

sinton66
12-12-2009, 11:29 AM
GO LEOPARDS!!!!!

Beat Carthage

Tromboneking
12-12-2009, 05:15 PM
What time is the game?

sinton66
12-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Tromboneking
What time is the game?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100035 (2009 Playoffs sricky up top)

Last post says "Carthage Bulldogs vs La Grange Leopards, Saturday, December 12, 6:00 pm, Don Floyd Field, Midlothian".

Inmateboss
12-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Yeah, but the sweet taste of victory and warm camaraderie on the Bus as we return home anticipating the excitement of a State Championship game and ring for our Leps will make it all worthwhile.

Go ahead and celebrate early because that is all you are going to get today. Go Leps, Beat Carthage Go to State!

Hey Pud, The Graham Steers know what it is like to be the underdog, pretty much every game we have played this year, it was "graham is going to get beat" by whom ever we were going to play!! So I'll tell you this, use it as fuel for the fire, feed on it! We did and there are still people that say it is a fluke that we are going to STATE, as they sit and watch us play it!! We won the right to go to state, and The Leopards can too, they need to take the negitive and turn it around!! Go get'em, good luck, and play hard!! It can happen :inlove:

#1 TEXAN
12-12-2009, 06:29 PM
May have already been said but didnt read back but is this game broadcasted on the web?

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by #1 TEXAN
May have already been said but didnt read back but is this game broadcasted on the web?
http://www.hanszenmedia.webs.com/ I think

wimbo_pro
12-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Would love to listen to this one...but already have plans for the night. Will check into it tomorrow...

GiddingsFan
12-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Still no score...

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
Still no score...
7-0 Carthage

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
7-0 Carthage
Now 14-0

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Now 14-0
20-0 Carthage, :55 in the half :eek:

Daddy D 11
12-12-2009, 08:22 PM
20-0 Carthage, :55 in the half :eek:

Can't say I'm surprised..

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Can't say I'm surprised..
I don't know that I am about the score.....LG had 33 yds passing in the 1st half, which does surprise me.

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I don't know that I am about the score.....LG had 33 yds passing in the 1st half, which does surprise me.
"Unofficial" first half - scammed from SDC. ;)

1st half stats Carthage : 1st downs 11
rushing 91
passing 10-18-149
total yds 240

LaGrange : 1st downs 4 al on the first drive
rushing 26 yds
passing 5-11-33
total yds 59

lulu
12-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Go Dogs...

BRfalconfan
12-12-2009, 08:47 PM
20-0 at half seems pretty impressive to me but hey hoping la grange can make the comeback and make it a good one

lulu
12-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't have a feed on Carthage/LaG game Panther Mom can you update or do I need to go to smoaky?

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by lulu
I don't have a feed on Carthage/LaG game Panther Mom can you update or do I need to go to smoaky?
Yes, I can. :)

So far 3 possessions for LG & 2 for Carthage results in 0 pts for either side.

PutMeInCoach
12-12-2009, 09:00 PM
C-27
LG-0

4th Q starting

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 09:09 PM
11:02 left, Carthage driving again

Laundry flying - holding

Big sack for LG for loss of 8, now 3rd & 28 from the 28

TO, Bulldogs

4th & 8 from the 42.......punt

LG ball on their own 4

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 09:16 PM
7:00 left

3rd & 9 from the 5.....incomplete pass, but flag - facemask on 'Dogs

cucuy02
12-12-2009, 09:17 PM
not to be a pre-me...but does anyone know any possible sites where the state final between these graham and the winner of these two would be played?

Deuce
12-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by cucuy02
not to be a pre-me...but does anyone know any possible sites where the state final between these graham and the winner of these two would be played?

SMU

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 09:19 PM
5:40 left - 2nd & 1 for LG

loss of 1, 3rd & 2 - ball on the 28

pass incomplete - interference on Carthage

Mercy call? LMAO!!!! :D

2nd & 8 from 45....3rd & 8

Schneider sacked at the 35 - 4th & 18, punts to the 8

Daddy D 11
12-12-2009, 09:21 PM
5:40 left - 2nd & 1 for LG

loss of 1, 3rd & 2 - ball on the 28

pass incomplete - interference on Carthage

Mercy call? LMAO!!!! :D

What are mercy calls?! ;) :p

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
What are mercy calls?! ;) :p
Apparently the ones where the refs feel sorry for once team and throw flags to help them. :doh: :doh: (Homer broadcast crew lol)

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 09:26 PM
2:25 left in the game

3rd & 13 .... 4th down and Carthage punting

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Oh :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: stop whining

1:11 - Schneider pass to McHasslet (sp) - 2-pt conversion good

27-8

PutMeInCoach
12-12-2009, 09:28 PM
C - 27
LG - 8

swarm
12-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Whst is the score Thanks

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by swarm
Whst is the score Thanks
27-8

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 09:30 PM
LG recovers onside kick

D-offsides

1st & 5 from 38....18 yd pass -

ball on the 25 - :45 left

PutMeInCoach
12-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Apparently the ones where the refs feel sorry for once team and throw flags to help them. :doh: :doh: (Homer broadcast crew lol)

Why can't it just be a legit flag??? Isn't that what any "home" broadcast crew does?....support their team?

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Why can't it just be a legit flag??? Isn't that what any "home" broadcast crew does?....support their team?
I didn't call it a mercy flag. :p I'm listening to the Carthage guys because I couldn't get the LG one to work the other week. :)

PutMeInCoach
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
LG scores again...way to fight until the end guys.

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Carthage recovers onside kick - kneeling the ball now

Game over - 27-14

Z-RO
12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
nm answered my question :)

PutMeInCoach
12-12-2009, 09:39 PM
CONGRATS LEPS ON A GREAT SEASON!!! GOOD LUCK CARTHAGE!

lulu
12-12-2009, 09:40 PM
One to go

oldtownag
12-12-2009, 10:34 PM
TE #85 is a stud.

Told ya Trevor Murphy #85 is a stud! Trevor went both ways tonight because the regular defensive end got hurt in 1st Qtr. All he did was catch 3 TD's and wreck havock in the Leps backfield all night.

Congrats on a great season LaGrange. Awesome job Dawgs!

zebrablue2
12-12-2009, 10:37 PM
CONGRATS LEPS ON A GREAT SEASON!!! GOOD LUCK CARTHAGE!

:ditto:

SintonFan
12-13-2009, 02:04 AM
CONGRATULATIONS LEOPARDS ON A GREAT SEASON!!!
GOOD LUCK CARTHAGE NEXT WEEK!!!

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
CONGRATULATIONS LEOPARDS ON A GREAT SEASON!!!
GOOD LUCK CARTHAGE NEXT WEEK!!!

Did you listen to the game SintonFan?

Ranger354
12-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Since I didn't get to see the game I have a couple of questions. Was the La Grange high scoring offense OFF track. Is the Carthage defense just that good? Did Carthage run the ball or mix it up with run and pass.

Just curious...... Just really want unbiased opinions....not a play by play of how one team kicked the other team in the teeth...

1st and goal
12-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Congrats Leps on your season! You guys went further than many expected. I appreciated your team's post season efforts.

It sounded like Carthage has another great team this year. It will take a monumental effort to beat them.

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Ranger354
Since I didn't get to see the game I have a couple of questions. Was the La Grange high scoring offense OFF track. Is the Carthage defense just that good? Did Carthage run the ball or mix it up with run and pass.

Just curious...... Just really want unbiased opinions....not a play by play of how one team kicked the other team in the teeth...

After the 1st series Carthage rushed the QB and completely took the pass away. I have not seen Carthage offensive stats but my guess is they were very balanced.

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 10:20 AM

I would say our offense did not have one of our better games however Carthage's defense had a lot to do with it. Cartgage offense is one of the best I have seen in years, running and throwing the ball. Their OL was impressive to say the least, overall the best team we have seen all year. In the first half if we could have scored on our first drive maybe the game would be closer, who knows. Hat's off to Carthage, loads of talent and very well coached. QB checked off at the LOS 80% of the time, very well coached. Good Luck Carthage.

Ranger354
12-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the info....would have loved to see this game. There were many teams this year that went much further then expected.

Hope to see you all next year.

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the info....would have loved to see this game. There were many teams this year that went much further then expected.

Hope to see you all next year.

After missing the playoffs for the last 4 years and finihing 3rd in District this year, The Senior Leps and rest of the players made a great run. We have some very talented players coming back for next year, now if some of the young one's can step up we will be contending agin next year. Senior's Thanks for a Great Run.

LHS 2SONS
12-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Congratulations Carthage Bulldogs, no disrespect to D25 but you guys were the BEST team we have faced all year. Good Luck next week against Graham, but if you play as you did against us, you guys will repeat as State Champions.

Pudlugger
12-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Congratulations to the Carthage Bulldogs. You definitely outplayed us last night and deserve to go on to State. The Leps should hold their heads high as they accomplished much this season and brought our community together like in a way not seen since 2001. The Bulldogs are going to be tough to beat next week. Graham will have their work cut out for them.

gameface
12-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Wow, LG played hard but the strength and athletic ability of Carthage prevailed last night. We are very proud of our Leps-great season enduring 15 weeks of hard fought football with great talent, focus, intensity and team unity. Congrat's Carthage-you have a very good team and wish you the best next week at state against Graham. You dawgs were tough despite the Leps clawing our way for each yard and each tackle. This foggy night will be locked into my memory for a lifetime-we Leopards are a band of brothers whether we win or lose in life. You are all champions in my heart.

Pudlugger
12-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks Gameface, I concur.

teetle
12-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Pud, thes Leps have a lots to bes proud of. theys have a great season. There ain't nos give up in thems. Congratulations. Wes don'ts knows whats will happen next year. Hopefully wes in the same district. Your friend Teedy.:eek: :weeping: :eek: