PDA

View Full Version : Texas still NOT a lock for BCS Championship?

michaelp23
12-06-2009, 12:04 AM
ESPN has been talking for 5 minutes about how Texas may still get leapfrogged by TCU or Cincy and not get in. Chris Fowler says Texas didn't pass the eye test and doesn't deserve to go.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Keith7
12-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by michaelp23
ESPN has been talking for 5 minutes about how Texas may still get leapfrogged by TCU or Cincy and not get in. Chris Fowler says Texas didn't pass the eye test and doesn't deserve to go.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

My life would be complete if that happened

DDBooger
12-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
lmao :clap:

Ranger Mom
12-06-2009, 12:06 AM

How sad your "life" must be!!

Now I understand why you are so bitter all the time....I'm sorry Keith7, I didn't know!!!

michaelp23
12-06-2009, 12:06 AM

An undedfeated champion of the Big 12 deserves to go. If it were Oklahoma, Nebraska, or anyone else I'd say the same thing.

If this happens, there would be hell to pay....

tigerfan09
12-06-2009, 12:07 AM
I would not be a bit surprised if TCU leapfrogged Texas tomorrow, as much as the media seem to have a bias against Texas.

carter08
Buh.

At the moment, after their last 2 games, I think Texas is not the 2nd best team in the country.

BUT, earlier in the year they were blowing out Big 12 schools. They aren't as good as they were then, for some reason, but total body of work is still probably top 2.

Maroon87
Originally posted by michaelp23

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

They passed the most important test...the scoreboard test.

WOS87
UT wins by 1 point over a top 25 team
Cincy wins by 1 point over a top 25 team

TCU is waiting in the wings

A Texas team will be in the BCS championship game..

STANG RED
No way in hell that happens. Maybe it should, but it AINT gonna happen. The BCS officials were crapping in their pants before Texas hit the game winning field goal, at even the thought of a non BCS school slipping in. You can bet your bottom dollar you wont see it now!

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Now I wouldn't have a problem w/ TCU goin.

And stomping the snot out of Bama.

:D

WOS87
12-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Buh.

At the moment, after their last 2 games, I think Texas is not the 2nd best team in the country.

BUT, earlier in the year they were blowing out Big 12 schools. They aren't as good as they were then, for some reason, but total body of work is still probably top 2.

Question... Are Auburn and Nebraska less than a minute away from being BCS championship caliber teams?

'bama had their close call as did UT and you can't fault either... they both WON

DDBooger
12-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
How sad your "life" must be!!

Now I understand why you are so bitter all the time....I'm sorry Keith7, I didn't know!!! I thought you didn't take him seriously? lol;)

michaelp23
12-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
So are Auburn and Nebraska less than a minute away from being BCS championship caliber teams?

'bama had their close call as did UT and you can't fault either... they both WON

You're right, you can't make that leap. Without a playoff, this screwed up system is all we have. And it takes into account the ENTIRE season, not just one game. Fact is, Texas played much better competition, and came through perfect. You can't leave out an undefeated Big 12 team in favor of a lesser conference. Nothing against TCU, but they are in the "second class" of college football.

BTW, I wish we'd have a playoff so TCU or Boise St. could have a shot. But it is what it is.

NastySlot
12-06-2009, 12:14 AM
it's a shame tcu....won't be in.....they were the best team i saw play this year......tcu/texas would have been a good game.

texas will be number 2.....and go the title game..............where like i have said all year they win it.........given a month to prep.

play alabama next week and they lose. jmo. ....their last two games were against teams with the worst defense and a good offense(A&M) and team with a great defense and no (zero) offense..........and they were good enough to win......they have month+ too get it together.

Ranger Mom
12-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I thought you didn't take him seriously? lol;)

Did YOU take ME seriously???:eek: :eek: :eek:

carter08
12-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
So are Auburn and Nebraska less than a minute away from being BCS championship caliber teams?

'Bama went in today and beat the defending national champions by 3 scores though. They destroyed a team that was just as hungry as they were to get to the title game, a team that from the start of the season has considered anything less than a title a fail.

Texas barely beat a Nebraska team that, while having a great defense, doesn't have much on offense. And they showed that, only scoring 12. But Texas only managed 13, the same amount Florida got in a loss.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 12:19 AM
'Bama went in today and beat the defending national champions by 3 scores though. They destroyed a team that was just as hungry as they were to get to the title game, a team that from the start of the season has considered anything less than a title a fail.

Texas barely beat a Nebraska team that, while having a great defense, doesn't have much on offense. And they showed that, only scoring 12. But Texas only managed 13, the same amount Florida got in a loss. Everyone keeps saying that....but was UF REALLY the same caliber team they were last year? To me....it seems they've been a bit...."off" several times this year.

23-13 over Tenn.
23-20 over Ark.
29-19 over Miss. State
24-14 over S.C.

Just didn't seem like they were "hitting on all cylinders" to me like last year.

Only close game last year was a 31-30 loss to Ole Miss.

:thinking:

rangerjoe33
12-06-2009, 12:25 AM
UF looked really ordinary today, Tebow is a great college player but Saban game planned very well defensively...took Tebows legs out of the game, he is not not a great passer...that is why Florida looked ordinary, Tebow couldn't run.

The same thing happened to Texas tonight they took Colt's running out of play and had constant pressure when they tried passing...Pellini game planned very well defensively and Nebraska ended up making mistakes to cost them the game...that and they only had a little over 100 yrds of offense...

carter08
12-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Everyone keeps saying that....but was UF REALLY the same caliber team they were last year? To me....it seems they've been a bit...."off" several times this year.

23-13 over Tenn.
23-20 over Ark.
29-19 over Miss. State
24-14 over S.C.

Just didn't seem like they were "hitting on all cylinders" to me like last year.

Only close game last year was a 31-30 loss to Ole Miss.

:thinking:

They were still undefeated. They've been playing strong lately too, aside from the South Carolina game they'd been winning by large/decent margins and soundly winning every game since they played Mississippi State.

No, I don't think Florida should have been number 1 in the country, but they were a Top 5 school and Bama beat them soundly.

PhiI C
12-06-2009, 12:28 AM
We need a real playoff system. No matter what some good teams are not going. If Nebraska had a few good offensive players with that defense they would have the best team in the country. I think it will be Texas but if not then I just hope they win whatever bowl they are in.

WOS87
12-06-2009, 12:30 AM

Texas barely beat a Nebraska team that, while having a great defense, doesn't have much on offense. And they showed that, only scoring 12. But Texas only managed 13, the same amount Florida got in a loss.

'Bama also SHOULD have lost to Auburn last week as Auburn dominated them stats-wise...

stop whining

Alabama is assured a shot at the title

Enjoy it :)

DDBooger
12-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Did YOU take ME seriously???:eek: :eek: :eek: If that puts you on par with him, lesson learned lol :D :p

Ranger Mom
12-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
If that puts you on par with him, lesson learned lol :D :p

But...but...I do "facetious" so well!!!

g$$
12-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
I would not be a bit surprised if TCU leapfrogged Texas tomorrow, as much as the media seem to have a bias against Texas.

Is that a joke? REALLY? Texas will get EVERY benefit of the doubt. Last year was an anomaly & their own fault because they lost to Tech plus the Big 12 tie-breaker rules. Media had NOTHING to do that one. And then the Big 12 refused to change their tie-breakers to be like other conferences to boot.

Flawed system & I wish TCU would get a shot because they are legit. I favor the +1 system of playoffs proposed. But Texas will be there vs. Bama. Bama sure looks to be the favorite on paper, great defense & adequate offense & very good special teams. That's why you play the game though.

Suh was best player on field & IMO all of college football all year. Gosh he is a hoss esp. in a 4-3 where you can move him around (3-tech, bump him out as well to rush passer, etc.). Texas could not block him w/ double team (4.5 sacks, 7 tfl, 11 or 12 tackles). Just a beast.

Later guys.

LionFan72
12-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Have all you homers given in to the National Media, get real? Look at what they gave us for presidental fodder!

Alabama exposed Florida for what they are, an overhyped dimensional player with a good defense. Tebow is an exceptional QB, but can't beat an exceptional team of players.

We have a system, I agree it is not the best or fair, but it is the system currently in use. Texas did not impress last night, agreed, but they won. Texas will destroy Alabama as Florida was, believe it! TCU has had an incredible season, but not quite up to par with the majors, get over and schedule tougher if you want to dance.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Is that a joke? REALLY? Texas will get EVERY benefit of the doubt. Last year was an anomaly & their own fault because they lost to Tech plus the Big 12 tie-breaker rules. Media had NOTHING to do that one. And then the Big 12 refused to change their tie-breakers to be like other conferences to boot.

Flawed system & I wish TCU would get a shot because they are legit. I favor the +1 system of playoffs proposed. But Texas will be there vs. Bama. Bama sure looks to be the favorite on paper, great defense & adequate offense & very good special teams. That's why you play the game though.

Suh was best player on field & IMO all of college football all year. Gosh he is a hoss esp. in a 4-3 where you can move him around (3-tech, bump him out as well to rush passer, etc.). Texas could not block him w/ double team (4.5 sacks, 7 tfl, 11 or 12 tackles). Just a beast.

Later guys.

Welcome back old friend, hope things are well with you

Gobbla2001
12-06-2009, 11:24 AM
The +1 is a great start... could be the first step in working out an even greater playoffs system.... don't need to go for the kill the first go around... just add to it piece by piece...

cshscougar08
12-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
as much as the media seem to have a bias against Texas.

That's quite possibly one of the funniest things I've read on here.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Welcome back old friend, hope things are well with you

+1