PDA

View Full Version : The Texans are gonna win their next 4...

carter08
12-05-2009, 11:53 PM
and then I am going to hope that New England has clinched a playoff spot and rests everyone in the season finale.

10-6 and playoffs? Highly possible.

carter08
12-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Today:

Houston (-1) @ Jacksonville (+1)

Slaton and Jones out for Houston. Mathis out for Jacksonville.

Ryan Moats and Chris Brown just need to hold on to the ball.

Go Texans.

(numbers represent games under/over .500)

CelinaCatFan
12-06-2009, 02:01 PM
This will be much tougher to do now that Shaub is out with an injury.

Gobbla2001
12-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Yah, not lookin' pretty for the Texans right now... down 17-zip with 7 left in the half and shaub has been out of the game the last few drives with a shoulder injury...

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
This will be much tougher to do now that Shaub is out with an injury. Nah....it'll be okay....to listen to half the callers on 610AM....Schaub is garbage, Texans still don't have "their" QB, and we should have NEVER passed up VY, because he's the greatest gift ever bestowed upon the game of football.

Kinda funny.....cause...when Schaub went out, the offense ceased to exist...and as soon as he came back in....they scored. How ironic. :thinking:

carter08
12-06-2009, 02:49 PM
This game is confusing.

coach
12-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Nah....it'll be okay....to listen to half the callers on 610AM....Schaub is garbage, Texans still don't have "their" QB, and we should have NEVER passed up VY, because he's the greatest gift ever bestowed upon the game of football.

Kinda funny.....cause...when Schaub went out, the offense ceased to exist...and as soon as he came back in....they scored. How ironic. :thinking:

dude schaub sucks and so do the texans..I can name 10 qb's better than schaub

carter08
12-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by coach
dude schaub sucks and so do the texans..I can name 10 qb's better than schaub

Schaub is a good QB. He came in with a hurt shoulder and led his team 80ish yards for a TD. He has a high completion percentage and only 2 receivers (johnson and daniels) who are actually good, and Daniels has been out for a while with an injury.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 03:05 PM
dude schaub sucks and so do the texans..I can name 10 qb's better than schaub Cowboys & VY fan eh? ;)

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Schaub is a good QB. He came in with a hurt shoulder and led his team 80ish yards for a TD. He has a high completion percentage and only 2 receivers (johnson and daniels) who are actually good, and Daniels has been out for a while with an injury. I have to agree w/ Carter here. Love how the QB gets the "sucks" or "he's great" label based on overall team performance. Tenn. has a great D and an MVP candidate in their RB this year, & Fischer has "dummy'd down" the offense to fit VY and his style. It has worked somewhat, and I commend VY AND the Titans for that...but come on....yet...somehow....there are people out there that give VY ALL of the credit. Deserving of some praise, yes...doing it by himself no......and same can be said on the flip side for Schaub....does he deserve some of the criticism and blame for why the Texans cannot finish....sure...but does he "suck" and deserve the entire blame? Absolutely not. Football is a team sport.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 03:12 PM
I have to agree w/ Carter here. Love how the QB gets the "sucks" or "he's great" label based on overall team performance. Tenn. has a great D and an MVP candidate in their RB this year, & Fischer has "dummy'd down" the offense to fit VY and his style. It has worked somewhat, and I commend VY AND the Titans for that...but come on....yet...somehow....there are people out there that give VY ALL of the credit. Deserving of some praise, yes...doing it by himself no......and same can be said on the flip side for Schaub....does he deserve some of the criticism and blame for why the Texans cannot finish....sure...but does he "suck" and deserve the entire blame? Absolutely not. Football is a team sport.

Tenn has a great D this year?....playing better than earlier in season, yes..great D? barey an average D this year

coach
12-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Cowboys & VY fan eh? ;)

not a huge vy fan...i like the guy and hes a decent plyer..but i dont love him...i just think its funny how all these houston fans think ther team is a good playoff team and they are reallynot

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Tenn has a great D this year?....playing better than earlier in season, yes..great D? barey an average D this year They've played pretty well.....up until today, LOL. Gotta laugh at all of the people calling in this past week w/ the "They will beat Indy" talk. Guess everyone got caught up in the hype. But yeah....I think their D is pretty solid otherwise.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 03:14 PM
not a huge vy fan...i like the guy and hes a decent plyer..but i dont love him...i just think its funny how all these houston fans think ther team is a good playoff team and they are reallynot no...most of us Houston people think they are CLOSE to being a good team, and might be missing a key piece or two...but I'm not one of the people who thinks our QB is the problem.

coach
12-06-2009, 03:16 PM
o i dont think yalls qb is a problem i just think the team in general isnt that great....in houstons defense...it does suck playing indy twice a year

carter08
12-06-2009, 03:18 PM
o i dont think yalls qb is a problem i just think the team in general isnt that great....in houstons defense...it does suck playing indy twice a year

A healthy Daniels, a healthy OLine, and 2 more good defensive backs and this is a playoff team.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 03:18 PM
o i dont think yalls qb is a problem i just think the team in general isnt that great....in houstons defense...it does suck playing indy twice a year I feel that the TALENT is there. We're missing a few key pieces on both sides of the ball. Their drive seems to be lacking for whatever reason......but I DO think we're close, and I DO think we've got the talent to compete. Only had one game really where we were completely dominated....all other games were winnable.

coach
12-06-2009, 03:32 PM
great call coach

carter08
12-06-2009, 03:33 PM
The Texans do lack one thing: A head coach who isn't an imbecile.

WHY IS CHRIS BROWN THROWING THE FOOTBALL IN THE REDZONE?!?!?!?!?!?!

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 03:34 PM
The Texans do lack one thing: A head coach who isn't an imbecile.

WHY IS CHRIS BROWN THROWING THE FOOTBALL IN THE REDZONE?!?!?!?!?!?! I wasn't gonna say it C-man....but since you did....I have to agree. Gary is treading on thin ice in my opinion.

carter08
12-06-2009, 03:37 PM
I wasn't gonna say it C-man....but since you did....I have to agree. Gary is treading on thin ice in my opinion.

Rumor I am hearing is Cowher.

Only problem is, Cowher runs a 3-4, but Casey Hampton is a FA, would come play for Cowher, and would give the Texans the NT to be able to run a 3-4.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Rumor I am hearing is Cowher.

Only problem is, Cowher runs a 3-4, but Casey Hampton is a FA, would come play for Cowher, and would give the Texans the NT to be able to run a 3-4. yeah...been hearing the chatter as well. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

carter08
12-06-2009, 03:44 PM
yeah...been hearing the chatter as well. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Cowher could bring in some good free agents.

Btw, nice to see Kevin Walter making good plays.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Cowher could bring in some good free agents.

Btw, nice to see Kevin Walter making good plays. agreed on both statements.

carter08
12-06-2009, 03:55 PM
X________________X

carter08
12-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Why we lost:

1) Grossman playing 2 quarters of the game
2) THE HB PASS WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING KUBES

Seriously, Grossman's QB rating in this game was 5.6. Schaub did better despite the shoulder injury and the fact he was playing from behind.