PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Alabama! 2009 National Champs!!

Keith7
12-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Alabama just won the real national championship game! Good job Tide!

DDBooger
12-05-2009, 07:43 PM
lol you troll! :D

Looking4number8
12-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

Do you hate every thing "Texas" or just everything "Texas Football related"

Keith7
12-05-2009, 07:53 PM
nope just speaking the truth. Alabama is obviously the best team in the nation this year and they proved it tonight..

turbostud
12-05-2009, 07:54 PM
nope just speaking the truth. Alabama is obviously the best team in the nation this year and they proved it tonight..

The same truth you spoke in 2005 about Cal and USC?

WOS87
12-05-2009, 07:54 PM

... they made up a little ground after the disastrous game against Auburn last week but..

NO

Keith7
12-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
The same truth you spoke in 2005 about Cal and USC?

I was off that year.. I'm feeling it this time around

Bullaholic
12-05-2009, 07:57 PM

Hate to agree with you on anything, Keith, but I also think "Bama is the best team right now---but they're going to have to beat the Longhorns to prove it, and that may be a bigger task than many think, except you, of course. Hope the Longhorns bring the NC home to Texas, and I can laugh at your silly got-no-football-sense butt once again. :D

grmfan93
12-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Keith, are you an aggie?

Keith7
12-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by grmfan93
Keith, are you an aggie?

heck no.. I went to North Texas.. I'm a realist

theoldoaktree
12-05-2009, 08:02 PM
I was off that year.. I'm feeling it this time around well since they clearly have snother game, more than likely against texas, they will have to prove theirselves. oh and by the way, i will pick texas

turbostud
12-05-2009, 08:06 PM
I was off that year.. I'm feeling it this time around

Ok just checking.

IHStangFan
12-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Alabama just won the real national championship game! Good job Tide! :fnypost: You're silly. :D

solocam
12-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by theoldoaktree
well since they clearly have snother game, more than likely against texas, they will have to prove theirselves. oh and by the way, i will pick texas
Horns have to get there first,i think they will,but the offense looks terrible tonight

carter08
12-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Alabama did just win the championship. Defense is about as good as Nebraska, offense is light years better.

DaHop72
12-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Alabama just won the real national championship game! Good job Tide! http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/cry.gifhttp://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/cry.gif

Keith7
12-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/cry.gifhttp://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/cry.gif

How is that crying when I was stating a fact? Good job on that huge win over such a tough team lol.. TEXAS SUCKS!! TODAY WAS PROOF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Pawdaddy
12-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Don't forget we are talking BCS. Will the loss to a #2 drop Florida below a #3 who beats a #12 by 1 when they have a .300+ lead over #2 in BCS points? The powers that be will be crunching #'s late tonight.

DaHop72
12-05-2009, 11:39 PM
How is that crying when I was stating a fact? Good job on that huge win over such a tough team lol.. TEXAS SUCKS!! TODAY WAS PROOF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Fact? Gee Keith, I didn't know that they have already played the NC championship game. I guess by the same reasoning that the Iggles are the Super Bowl champions.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
12-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Sadly, you may be right about the BCS and the numbers Keith....but if the Nat'l Champ. game is a freakin reamatch of UF/Bama....after Bama embarrassed them today...I won't watch. Saw it once already...don't need to see it twice. But alas...and it IS about money after all isn't it? It'd be yet ANOTHER example of how the BCS is garbage and how it's broken. BOOOOO BCS!! :mad: :thmbdwn:

IHStangFan
12-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Iggles LOL....now THERE'S a team that SUCKS!!

Keith7
12-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Fact? Gee Keith, I didn't know that they have already played the NC championship game. I guess by the same reasoning that the Iggles are the Super Bowl champions.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Neve said the Eagles were super bowl champions?? They'll be lucky to make the playoffs..

But yes it is a fact that the NC was played earleir today.. I think it started at 3 and Alabama won.. Have fun in the de facto championship lol

IHStangFan
12-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Neve said the Eagles were super bowl champions?? They'll be lucky to make the playoffs..

But yes it is a fact that the NC was played earleir today.. I think it started at 3 and Alabama won.. Have fun in the de facto championship lol So....running along the same lines as your logic....

Say Texas goes in and smacks Bama around.....

THEN what?!

Keith7
12-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
So....running along the same lines as your logic....

Say Texas goes in and smacks Bama around.....

THEN what?!

That won't happen rofl.. Didn't you see tonight's game??

DaHop72
12-05-2009, 11:45 PM

But yes it is a fact that the NC was played earleir today.. I think it started at 3 and Alabama won.. Have fun in the de facto championship lol I'm not a Texas fan unless they play a team outside the state. You are such a hater of your state that you have to root against any team unless they use the "Eagles" as a mascot. I'm sure since you have stated it as a fact that the BCS championship will now be cancelled and the trophy sent to Alabama.:hand: :hand:

IHStangFan
12-05-2009, 11:51 PM
That won't happen rofl.. Didn't you see tonight's game?? yeah...I did...but I also saw Bama -vs- Auburn, & Bama -vs- Tennessee. So what's your point?

Keith7
12-05-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm not a Texas fan unless they play a team outside the state. You are such a hater of your state that you have to root against any team unless they use the "Eagles" as a mascot. I'm sure since you have stated it as a fact that the BCS championship will now be cancelled and the trophy sent to Alabama.:hand: :hand:

It might as well be.. Alabama has it in the bag

Keith7
12-05-2009, 11:53 PM
yeah...I did...but I also saw Bama -vs- Auburn, & Bama -vs- Tennessee. So what's your point?

those were SEC teams, not the "big" 12 north champ LMAO..

carter08
12-05-2009, 11:55 PM
yeah...I did...but I also saw Bama -vs- Auburn, & Bama -vs- Tennessee. So what's your point?

The difference is, McElroy was gotten a lot better since the Tennessee game. The Auburn game was a rivalry game, those are always close.

eagles26
12-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Oh and don't forget that Texas beat my Sooners BY 3 and let's face it, OU isn't very good this year.
SO Yes Texas is definitely overrated and will get beaten by Alabama....roll tide.

:devil:

Keith7
12-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by carter08
The difference is, McElroy was gotten a lot better since the Tennessee game. The Auburn game was a rivalry game, those are always close.

Very true.. we could bring up Oklahoma, A&M, Colorado, Wymoing the list could go on and on but that's not the point..

ALABAMA!! 2009 NATIONAL CHAMPS BABY!!!

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 12:00 AM
those were SEC teams, not the "big" 12 north champ LMAO.. The ESPN kool-aid is STRONG w/ this one!! :D

You have a Tebow "fathead" and posters all over the walls in your mom's basement too? Careful leaving those candles lit on the SEC alter when you go to sleep. You might catch your LSU rug on fire, or worse...your UF curtains!!

It's cool...I'm not judging...you do what you do man. Hell...I'm sure Coach Saban only filed that restraining order against you to let you know he cares.

;)

WOS87
12-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Sadly, you may be right about the BCS and the numbers Keith....but if the Nat'l Champ. game is a freakin reamatch of UF/Bama....after Bama embarrassed them today...I won't watch.

That's not a possibility... the current BCS rules state ONLY conference champs are eligible to compete in the Championship game... It will be Alabama vs Texas unless TCU makes up some major ground in their BCS point total

carter08
12-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Very true.. we could bring up Oklahoma, A&M, Colorado, Wymoing the list could go on and on but that's not the point..

ALABAMA!! 2009 NATIONAL CHAMPS BABY!!!

A&M and Oklahoma were rivalry games though. Wyoming? Sure they started slow, but the final was still 41-10.

Texas is one of the five best teams in the country. Problem: Alabama is likely THE best team.

Keith7
12-06-2009, 12:03 AM
The ESPN kool-aid is STRONG w/ this one!! :D

You have a Tebow "fathead" and posters all over the walls in your mom's basement too? Careful leaving those candles lit on the SEC alter when you go to sleep. You might catch your LSU rug on fire, or worse...your UF curtains!!

It's cool...I'm not judging...you do what you do man. Hell...I'm sure Coach Saban only filed that restraining order against you to let you know he cares.

;)

it's the truth.. Just ask the last three BCS runner ups about it

rangerjoe33
12-06-2009, 12:03 AM
That's why they play the games...Any team can lose on any given day, or not play to their potential and still win. All that counts is the W...the W doesn't grant Texas the berth into the NC game...BCS rankings still have to come out...

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 12:06 AM
it's the truth.. Just ask the last three BCS runner ups about it two of those games featured Ohio State. You want to talk about OVERRATED.....the Big-10 is a JOKE...and has been for years now..... glad the media finally took notice. And last year...a 10pt UF win isn't exactly a blowout. I'm just sayin. :)

bobcat4life
12-06-2009, 12:53 AM
you can come up with all the stats and examples from this year to say texas is better or that bama is better, when the fact is that bama is too physical and has too good of a defense for texas.

2009 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE!!!

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
you can come up with all the stats and examples from this year to say texas is better or that bama is better, when the fact is that bama is too physical and has too good of a defense for texas.

2009 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE!!! Nah. Maybe not. :lies:

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 12:59 AM
I think it is funny ANYONE on Dec 5th is saying one team will surely beat the other team when the game is a month from now.

Lets remember how OMG amazing USC was in 05

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think it is funny ANYONE on Dec 5th is saying one team will surely beat the other team when the game is a month from now.

Lets remember how OMG amazing USC was in 05 exactly. I seem to remember ESPN and all of their "experts" dubbing 05 USC as "the greatest college football team of all time", comparing them to the Notre Dames, Miamis, etc. of yesteryear. Even back then before the game I thought they were nuts.

Remember...you can't spell SUCK w/ out U, S, and C. :D

Emerson1
12-06-2009, 01:04 AM
What if they lose to Texas? A month lay off more then enough time to recover from today's battle.

eagles_victory
12-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
That's not a possibility... the current BCS rules state ONLY conference champs are eligible to compete in the Championship game... It will be Alabama vs Texas unless TCU makes up some major ground in their BCS point total Are you sure about that?

TheDOCTORdre
12-06-2009, 01:06 AM
exactly. I seem to remember ESPN and all of their "experts" dubbing 05 USC as "the greatest college football team of all time", comparing them to the Notre Dames, Miamis, etc. of yesteryear. Even back then before the game I thought they were nuts.

Remember...you can't spell SUCK w/ out U, S, and C. :D

and lets not forget that a team even better than that '05 USC team lost to Bama today

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
and lets not forget that a team even better than that '05 USC team lost to Bama today LOL...dude....The Messiah has obviously FOOLED you....that was an ILLUSION that the great one created. For his next trick...he will attempt to turn pro. :D

Emerson1
12-06-2009, 01:26 AM
TCU and Cincy are each others worst enemies right now. There will be voters who don't want Texas to go, but those voters will be split between Cincy and TCU.

sotex
12-06-2009, 01:35 AM
well I can say one thing for sure.... if Texas plays like they did tonight against Alabama they better hope 'bama plays their worst game of the year.

Balcones fault
12-06-2009, 01:44 AM
UT will be the underdog. They could use a different point of view. Reminds me of '05.

slpybear the bullfan
12-06-2009, 03:56 AM

...and an Alumni with a joke of a team on the field.

slpybear the bullfan
12-06-2009, 04:07 AM
You are such a hater of your state that you have to root against any team unless they use the "Eagles" as a mascot.:hand: :hand:

Ol Keith AIN'T a Texan.

Maroon87
12-06-2009, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Balcones fault
UT will be the underdog. They could use a different point of view. Reminds me of '05.

UT...in the Rose Bowl....MNC at stake....facing a team whose RB beat out UT's QB for the Heisman...in a game no one on the planet thinks UT will win...

Late on the night of Jan 7 I fully expect McCoy to be "going for the corner...HE'S GOT IT!!!"

:D

bandera7
12-06-2009, 05:41 AM
This season is oddly similar to the 05 season...i didnt notice it until that post about the heisman voting. That being said, I do think Texas takes it again. They will show up for the big stage, and when they fully show up, I think they are the best. Period.

Colt may have lost himself the heisman tonight though.

Keith7
12-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
...and an Alumni with a joke of a team on the field.

I am but one person slpybear though with my great mind I can see why you would think my posts are a collaboration of thoughts

Keith7
12-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Oh and yes they are a joke of a team but at least I went to school there and actually have a connection to that team.. thats more than 90% of the longhorn fluffers can say on this board

cameronyoe
12-06-2009, 02:42 PM

yea and whats next...notre dame gonna be the top contender for the championship next year?...who are you...Lou Holtz?....get a clue...NC will be played January 7th and the horns will make you look a fool once again

trojan37
12-06-2009, 02:44 PM

Then you know nothing about football.....LMAO!

Keith7
12-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Then you know nothing about football.....LMAO!

What school do you go to?

JasperDog94
12-06-2009, 02:57 PM
North Texas still has a football team? :confused:

Gobbla2001
12-06-2009, 03:00 PM
I guess if you never go to college or go to one without a football team your are barred from being a fan of a college team...

Keith7
12-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I guess if you never go to college or go to one without a football team your are barred from being a fan of a college team...

Well it doesn't seem to make much sense to make fun of someone elses college when you don't even attend or have any affiliation with the school you "represent"

JasperDog94
12-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Well it doesn't seem to make much sense to make fun of someone elses college when you don't even attend or have any affiliation with the school you "represent" I went to a DI - AA school but have been a fan of Texas for as long as I can remember. You can be a fan of anyone you want to be. That's why they're called fans. What you're talking about is another word altogether and that word is alumni.

Big difference.

Keith7
12-06-2009, 05:25 PM
we can just agree to disagree..

Regardless of your opinion, you have to admit that the national championship was played yesterday and Alabama won. That thing in january is just to please the masses.

Hornet Mom 2
12-06-2009, 05:34 PM
we can just agree to disagree..

Regardless of your opinion, you have to admit that the national championship was played yesterday and Alabama won. That thing in january is just to please the masses.

So the trophy that will be awarded on January 7th isn't the "real" trophy, just an imitation knock-off I guess?? LMAO! It's just an excuse for Alabama lovers to make when they lose the "fake" game on 01/07/10...

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 05:38 PM
P-L-A-Y-E-D....O-U-T.

Keith7
12-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
So the trophy that will be awarded on January 7th isn't the "real" trophy, just an imitation knock-off I guess?? LMAO! It's just an excuse for Alabama lovers to make when they lose the "fake" game on 01/07/10...

They won't lose in January.. That's the point.. No matter if it was Florida or Alabama, they would breeze through the "NC" game so in a way, the game they played yesterday was the championship

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 05:47 PM
They won't lose in January.. That's the point.. No matter if it was Florida or Alabama, they would breeze through the "NC" game so in a way, the game they played yesterday was the championship It's all good...except for the part where you're wrong.

Hornet Mom 2
12-06-2009, 05:50 PM
They won't lose in January.. That's the point.. No matter if it was Florida or Alabama, they would breeze through the "NC" game so in a way, the game they played yesterday was the championship

So, to play devil's advocate here, I will say, IF Texas wins the NC in January, what will be your excuse then for Alabama's losing the game? They really didn't care about it becuase they already played the the championship game??

Keith7
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
So, to play devil's advocate here, I will say, IF Texas wins the NC in January, what will be your excuse then for Alabama's losing the game? They really didn't care about it becuase they already played the the championship game??

Nope I won't need an excuse because that won't happen

mchavez
12-06-2009, 05:59 PM

Someone didn't get enough attention when they were little, or ever. It's ok we'll be glad to give it to you!

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Nope I won't need an excuse because that won't happen Deja vu!! I could swear I've heard this somewhere before.....:thinking:

carter08
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM
RTR.

Hornet Mom 2
12-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Nope I won't need an excuse because that won't happen

No, you can't say why now because you need a month to try to come up with a good one. You can sure talk alot about Alabama winning, where will you be IF they lose in January? Not online here I'm sure.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 06:13 PM
No, you can't say why now because you need a month to try to come up with a good one. You can sure talk alot about Alabama winning, where will you be IF they lose in January? Not online here I'm sure. Nope...he'll disappear for 2 1/2 years just like he did the last time he performed this act. (2005)

Keith7
12-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Nope...he'll disappear for 2 1/2 years just like he did the last time he performed this act. (2005)

Check my posts, I've never disappeared for 2 and a half years.. I wasn't on here often when I was in school but I always checked in when I could.

I've been a member of this message board since 2002, I don't think I'll be going away anytime soon.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 06:22 PM
I've been a member of this message board since 2002, I don't think I'll be going away anytime soon. BOOOO!!!! Way to ruin my day!! :(

Keith7
12-06-2009, 06:25 PM
BOOOO!!!! Way to ruin my day!! :(

you guys would miss me if I left.. There would just be a bunch of butt patting and griping about the media coverage everyone that doesn't play in texas gets

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 06:27 PM
you guys would miss me if I left.. There would just be a bunch of butt patting and griping about the media coverage everyone that doesn't play in texas gets Nah...you're easily replaced....we could just let "Move The Chains" come back. He was a tad more entertaining.

trojan37
12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Well it doesn't seem to make much sense to make fun of someone elses college when you don't even attend or have any affiliation with the school you "represent"

With all the crap you get on here and talk, and that joke of a football program you guys have, you shouldn't get on here and talk about another team period. I don't have to go to college to be a fan of another team, and believe me, if North Texas was the only damn scool in the great state of Texas, I would have to find someone else to pull for, because, well, North Texas sucks.

Keith7
12-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
With all the crap you get on here and talk, and that joke of a football program you guys have, you shouldn't get on here and talk about another team period. I don't have to go to college to be a fan of another team, and believe me, if North Texas was the only damn scool in the great state of Texas, I would have to find someone else to pull for, because, well, North Texas sucks.

good one, that's clever

trojan37
12-06-2009, 06:46 PM
good one, that's clever

I know, and I didn't even have to go to college to think of that one.;) :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 06:56 PM
good one, that's clever Yeah....but he's right though.

dawg4life
12-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Gig em' Tide!!

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by dawg4life
Gig em' Tide!!

These comments amaze me. The absolute obsession that some Aggie fans have with Texas is out of this world. They root AGAINST Texas harder than they root FOR their Aggies.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
These comments amaze me. The absolute obsession that some Aggie fans have with Texas is out of this world. They root AGAINST Texas harder than they root FOR their Aggies. Not all of us...and it isn't just Aggie fans. Last night when I was CHEERING for the Horns...I had buddies from TT, and Baylor giving me a hard time about it saying they hoped Texas lost. So.......

Daddy D 11
12-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Not all of us...and it isn't just Aggie fans. Last night when I was CHEERING for the Horns...I had buddies from TT, and Baylor giving me a hard time about it saying they hoped Texas lost. So.......

I said some Aggie fans.

Seems like all of Texas is more obsessed with the Horns than their actual team that they root for.

Oh here's a cool fact I saw today...

Texas has been in the AP Top 25 poll 156 consecutive weeks which is longer than any other team. The closest was USC at 130 but that ended today. The next closest is Ohio State at 80 something.

dawg4life
12-06-2009, 07:40 PM
These comments amaze me. The absolute obsession that some Aggie fans have with Texas is out of this world. They root AGAINST Texas harder than they root FOR their Aggies.

Its just because texas fans dont root for A&M when they play out of state teams. I was rooting for em against OU, but when A&M lost later that night to KSU, most longhorns were rooting for KSU and were glad A&M got whipped. That was the factor for me. If you root for us vs non-texas teams, we will root for you.

hollywood
12-06-2009, 09:43 PM

lefty

NastySlot
12-06-2009, 09:58 PM

you need to get out more....there are a lot fans from different schools that would love to see texas fail...not just aggie fans........it would sorta be like auburn fans...hoping that texas wins... .........what amazes me is how people with no ties to texas other then the t-shirt they own ....get so worked up and want to bash teams..................i guess it's cool it's like living the dream through someone else..

by the way im an aggie....class of 93....and i don't give a crud who wins......and probably won't pick sides...... i do like the alabama rammer jammer chat though.....but i don't care who wins.......but im a betting man and my money will go on the horns.....given a month to prep..........now if that game were played next weekend....that money would be put on the crimson tide.

carter08
12-06-2009, 10:03 PM
RAMMER JAMMER YELLOW HAMMER GIVE EM HELL ALABAMA.

NastySlot
12-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by carter08
RAMMER JAMMER YELLOW HAMMER GIVE EM HELL ALABAMA.

two good rammer jammers....for this year: yesterday was good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVN-x5GgGQY&feature=related

but rocky block...is even better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z475wBoEMRg

hollywood
12-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
what amazes me is how people with no ties to texas other then the t-shirt they own ....get so worked up and want to bash teams
by the way im an aggie....class of 93....

Now surely there aren't any aggie fans out there that have never stepped foot on aggie land and still root for them, are there? Gig 'em I think is what they say.

You are talking about THE University of Texas. Not the university of north texas, not texas tech university, not texas a&m university... THE University of Texas.

DDBooger
12-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Now surely there aren't any aggie fans out there that have never stepped foot on aggie land and still root for them, are there? Gig 'em I think is what they say.

You are talking about THE University of Texas. Not the university of north texas, not texas tech university, not texas a&m university... THE University of Texas. A bunch in Corpus, they all drive 1980s diesel trucks and swing n*ts from the rear bumper. LOL

NastySlot
12-06-2009, 10:28 PM

You are talking about THE University of Texas. Not the university of north texas, not texas tech university, not texas a&m university... THE University of Texas.

for sure there are...........oh "the" university of texas........wow i wonder if that's why there's a play on the letters t and u (tu)........and those that didn't even attend get worked up about how "childish" that is ..........idk may it's like saying ou sux..at the end of a fight song............childish?

t-shirt fans are good for support and most of all $$$$$$$$$$$....live the dream.....but remember it's only a football game.....win or lose our lives won't change....and you know i don't feel like im any better then anyone after an aggie win...and i went to school there...just a lot of pride in my school.

crud im gulity of being a t-shirt fan......my son and i try to catch one lsu game a year and i watch the tigers play football and baseball any chance i get......but i don't call them my tigers...and i don't think world comes to end with a tiger loss.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 10:32 PM
ahh yes the ole T-Shirt Fan topic has reared it's ugly head.

I guess I am a Dallas Cowboy t-shirt fan, cause I never played or worked for em..dangit!

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
A bunch in Corpus, they all drive 1980s diesel trucks and swing n*ts from the rear bumper. LOL uh....LOL!!!......I think?! :D

rockdale80
12-06-2009, 10:39 PM
I have a pecking order of Texas schools I cheer for when they are playing other Texas schools, but I will never route for an out of state team to beat a Texas team.

That even means you TT! :)

dawg4life
12-06-2009, 10:42 PM

Were talking about the "THE University of Texas" topic again?

Horns say were childish for bringing it up and saying t.u. when you just egg us on. This comment is begging for us to call you out. If you want us to stop talking about it, dont bring it up

Too bad "The" university of texas was passed by Texas A&M university as the best school in the state.:rolleyes:

t.u. loses by 14 to bama. Colt McCoy cries home to daddy like the 12 year old he is.

Hornet Mom 2
12-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Okay, since this turned into a Texas/aTm thread, sort of, I have to ask...are there any other teams in the country whose fight song actually talks about another team? The whole aTm fight song is about beating the Longhorns...I mean really?? Is beating them THAT important to the Aggies??

I remember RC Sloccum being quoted in the papers one year, don't remember the exact words, but he basically said beating Texas was the only thing that mattered...holy cow! I guess conference championships and bowl games are 2nd best to beating the Longhorns??

NastySlot
12-06-2009, 10:52 PM
ahh yes the ole T-Shirt Fan topic has reared it's ugly head.

I guess I am a Dallas Cowboy t-shirt fan, cause I never played or worked for em..dangit!

you re smart enough to know there is a difference in supporting a pro team and supporting a college team.

there are a lot people that root for the cubs, yankees and braves that have never even been to those cities.....thanks to cable/sat......

nothing wrong with t-shirt fans.....it's just too easy change that shirt.....and arguing with some one that knows nothing about true alligiance.....win or lose alums....don't change alligiances.

hey said it myself----i like lsu......and love going to tiger football and baseball games ..i didn't go around mouthing last summer during the cws....and if texas would have won my life would have gone on....but my heart is with the aggies and always will be I chose a&m...and I take the heat from my relatives and friends that are grads of texas, tech and even baylor......at least they attended those schools.

hey i might not like texas...but i don't care if they win or lose...and i have some respect for them...ex...i was in baton rouge for the arkansas game was at a book store that had We Messed with Texas t-shirts...baseball championship shirts...could have bought one...but you something about not attending lsu and wearing that in texas just didn't seem right......the series was too good and texas has a great baseball program to show disrepect....now if i were an lsu alum...the shirt would have meant more....heck my daughter is thinking of attending lsu...and if she does i don't think i would wear something like that.

rockdale80
12-06-2009, 10:53 PM

Too bad "The" university of texas was passed by Texas A&M university as the best school in the state.:rolleyes:

Elaborate please. Not saying you are wrong, but dont understand how you came to this conclusion.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 10:55 PM

nothing wrong with t-shirt fans.....it's just too easy change that shirt.....and arguing with some one that knows nothing about true alligiance.....win or lose alums....don't change alligiances.

how long did you go to A&M? I can promise you I have been a fan of Texas longer than you went to A&M..I dont "change" my tshirt.

NastySlot
12-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Okay, since this turned into a Texas/aTm thread, sort of, I have to ask...are there any other teams in the country whose fight song actually talks about another team? The whole aTm fight song is about beating the Longhorns...I mean really?? Is beating them THAT important to the Aggies??

I remember RC Sloccum being quoted in the papers one year, don't remember the exact words, but he basically said beating Texas was the only thing that mattered...holy cow! I guess conference championships and bowl games are 2nd best to beating the Longhorns??

yeah...believe there are a few ...and you know if i remember right the texas fight song once made reference to a certain texas school..........i know they have added ou sux...at the end of texas fight...probably not official...but still said.............and there are some other schools....alabama's make reference to bulldogs and i think yellowjackets..........so yeah there are some.

Hornet Mom 2
12-06-2009, 10:59 PM
yeah...believe there are a few ...and you know if i remember right the texas fight song once made reference to a certain texas school..........i know they have added ou sux...at the end of texas fight...probably not official...but still said.............and there are some other schools....alabama's make reference to bulldogs and i think yellowjackets..........so yeah there are some.

Of course, this is just my opinion...but I just think it's sad that they actually sing about another school...I mean the first words (well, real words anyway, after the hullaballoo thing) of the song are "Goodbye to Texas University." That is really, well, sad.

NastySlot
12-06-2009, 11:05 PM
how long did you go to A&M? I can promise you I have been a fan of Texas longer than you went to A&M..I dont "change" my tshirt.

lets see 89-93...that would be four years.....and my first lsu game was in 90.......hey believe it or not from the time i was about 6 til about my junior in high school i was huge longhorn fan.......had uncles that attended the university and law school...they would take me to games....man i use to cry when they lost....or tie....i was there in the rain when fred tied ou with a field goal........cried for days after nd crushed the horns in the cotton bowl...and i will never forget the muffed punt against georgia....that imo cost the horns a nc.....miami beat nebraska that night the horns would have been the only undefeated left....sat through all the good times and bad times...took bs...from believe it or not smu fans......but some where i realized that texas wasn't for me...and i really liked my trips to college station..so i attended and grad. from a&m.........hey root for who you want....i don't lose sleep about that ....just don't give me bs about "your" horns or who ever you root for......it's almost like taking $#!+ from those guys in class that didn't play football after a loss.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2009, 11:09 PM
just don't give me bs about "your" horns or who ever you root for......it's almost like taking $#!+ from those guys in class that didn't play football after a loss.

I am 34 years old..been a fan of Texas since 1983..They are my horns, just like the Cowboys are my cowboys there is NO DIFFERNCE in rooting for a college team and a pro team. I dont root for UT academics, I root for UT Sports teams. Just because you went to a school does not give you power over a fan who is just as passionate as you but did not or was not able to attend the school itself

OldBison75
12-06-2009, 11:19 PM
I've said this before and I guess I have to repeat it this week--

I am over 50 and my mantra has always been that my two favorite college teams were The University of Texas and anyone playing Oklahoma. I have at time placed A & M in the space for Oklahoma, but usually only on the Thanksgiving week. I have tremendous respect for the tradition and fans of TAMU, they will fill the stadium whether the record is 10-0 or 2-8 and be loud all the time.

My daughter, a senior this year in high school, has already received her acceptance letter to TAMU and is determined to be an Aggie. I am really happy that she chose that program for her College career. She has chosen a major path that TAMU gives her the greatest chance for a superior learning experience.

It will be very hard to wear maroon and white, but the love of my daughter and her happiness is far more important to me than what football team I support as a fan. For the next four years, I expect to learn many more Aggie traditions and will probably have to sing that song they sing so well. But, under it all, I will always be a Longhorn fan--just maybe a little quieter when the daughter is around.

IHStangFan
12-06-2009, 11:22 PM
I am 34 years old..been a fan of Texas since 1983..They are my horns, just like the Cowboys are my cowboys there is NO DIFFERNCE in rooting for a college team and a pro team. I dont root for UT academics, I root for UT Sports teams. Just because you went to a school does not give you power over a fan who is just as passionate as you but did not or was not able to attend the school itself Agreed. You don't have to attend an institution to be a fan...to anyone that says otherwise or has that mentality, I say..."congratulations on your education and $150,000, pretty framed piece of paper on the wall, but how does that make you any more of a fan than me?"

dawg4life
12-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Soo.....Bama vs. Texas......

NastySlot
12-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Of course, this is just my opinion...but I just think it's sad that they actually sing about another school...I mean the first words (well, real words anyway, after the hullaballoo thing) of the song are "Goodbye to Texas University." That is really, well, sad.

sure you think it's sad.....it's a tradition thing...goes back a lot longer then you and me....lets see the two largest state university are rivals...and we can't understand what that rival was like at the origins cause we live in a time when the world in at our hands in front of our screen...but i would think being the only game in town for so long there was probably a big dislike for each other that someone penned words to fuel the fires of a rivalry...you think?

i would think having two universities that at their origins represented two different types of texan cultures...would add to that rivalry......hence the terms aggies and sips.......you see as time went on i would think that with the sucess of the university in austin..... in both athletics and academics....the rivalry grew stronger on one side...more so than the other..and then you add in the fact the private schools and smaller state schools began to build a dislike for the "the university"..... it becomes harder to understand a university that hold on to traditions.....while others change and add traditions every week or year.

NastySlot
12-07-2009, 12:16 AM
I am 34 years old..been a fan of Texas since 1983..They are my horns, just like the Cowboys are my cowboys there is NO DIFFERNCE in rooting for a college team and a pro team. I dont root for UT academics, I root for UT Sports teams. Just because you went to a school does not give you power over a fan who is just as passionate as you but did not or was not able to attend the school itself

right..... i never feel like im better than anyone else regardless of who they root for.....or what school they attended....but like i said it's a lot like listening to those guys that didn't play..that talk
$#!+ after a loss.................wow since 83....you went through rough years of pulling for the horns....the end of fred era..mcwilliams and oh man mackovic.............aggie dominance in football over the horns......if you made it through that and didn't change your t-shirt....my lsu hat goes off to you.

NastySlot
12-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Agreed. You don't have to attend an institution to be a fan...to anyone that says otherwise or has that mentality, I say..."congratulations on your education and $150,000, pretty framed piece of paper on the wall, but how does that make you any more of a fan than me?"

you understand tradition and learn to respect your rivals and opponents a little more.....like i said i grew up a huge horn fan....and i still love going to horn baseball games....and at the same time i root for lsu sports..didn't attend....lsu....so when lsu and the horns played in cws...i didn't lose sleep over who to pull for.... I listen to everyone tell me you should hope texas wins...cause they are from texas..... what? so that's why?....i found not rooting for either I appreciated the games played and didn't worry about winners and losers.....root for who want I don't think im better than anyone ever......ask people that know me....but i will defend the traditons and sports teams of my university.

NastySlot
12-07-2009, 12:33 AM
crud...i'm sorry for helping hijack this topic............I will shut up now.................and those I replied..........please understand...I Do Not Feel Like I am Better than any of you.......please have on ill feelings toward me and if I offended I am sorry.

IHStangFan
12-07-2009, 12:46 AM
you understand tradition and learn to respect your rivals and opponents a little more.....like i said i grew up a huge horn fan....and i still love going to horn baseball games....and at the same time i root for lsu sports..didn't attend....lsu....so when lsu and the horns played in cws...i didn't lose sleep over who to pull for.... I listen to everyone tell me you should hope texas wins...cause they are from texas..... what? so that's why?....i found not rooting for either I appreciated the games played and didn't worry about winners and losers.....root for who want I don't think im better than anyone ever......ask people that know me....but i will defend the traditons and sports teams of my university. I did not attend A&M...but have been a fan for years, and gone to countless games...I understand the traditions just fine. Even if I didn't....it makes me no less of a fan.

I'm not a biker...but enjoy watching "Sons of Anarchy"

I'm not a serial killer...but enjoy "Dexter"

My wife is not a crab fisherman....but enjoys "Deadliest Catch"

I've never had to hunt to keep from starving...but still enjoy hunting & am fairly proficient at it.

I'm not a certified mechanic, but know how to, and DO maintain my own vehicles

I could go on for hours....but ultimately, my point is...

You don't have to be an alum. to be a fan no matter how you slice it..it's just not the case.

IHStangFan
12-07-2009, 12:49 AM
crud...i'm sorry for helping hijack this topic............I will shut up now.................and those I replied..........please understand...I Do Not Feel Like I am Better than any of you.......please have on ill feelings toward me and if I offended I am sorry. No harm no foul amigo....nobody thinks (well at least I don't think) you meant to insinuate that you were better than anyone. On the flip side of that, maybe some people DO think that going to college somehow makes them think they are better than us that didn't. Everyone chooses their own path, it doesn't define them as a person. I chose to join the military instead of go to college. The end result was basically the same. I'm an engineer, w/ 15yrs of experience and have seen much of the world, including most recently, Iraq and Afghanistan. Different folks, different strokes amigo.

NastySlot
12-07-2009, 01:01 AM
No harm no foul amigo....nobody thinks (well at least I don't think) you meant to insinuate that you were better than anyone. On the flip side of that, maybe some people DO think that going to college somehow makes them think they are better than us that didn't. Everyone chooses their own path, it doesn't define them as a person. I chose to join the military instead of go to college. The end result was basically the same. I'm an engineer, w/ 15yrs of experience and have seen much of the world, including most recently, Iraq and Afghanistan. Different folks, different strokes amigo.

thanks for understanding and thanks for serving our country.

BullsFan
12-07-2009, 01:04 AM
This is the third time in the last 24 hours I've had to deal with the whole 'tshirt fan' issue. Before it was a set of hardcore Tech fans who I suspect are just bitter that their team went south in such a hurry. Or maybe bitter that their team doesn't seem to have any tshirt fans. It's easy to jump on a bandwagon when a team gets successful, and it's also easy to jump on a bandwagon when the backlash and the bashing start. Is there such a thing as a tshirt hater? ;)

For the record, I support any Texas team against any out-of-state team. I support Texas, Tech, and TCU highest amongst the Texas teams. When those teams play each other, I usually end up rooting for the underdog unless there's a reason...say a BCS bowl or NC bid at stake. And yesterday I was really and truly shocked at how many people were actively and vehemently rooting against Texas. I sort of get the TCU folks, because they believed they had a shot at Pasadena. I really don't think it would have happened, but I understand them grasping at every straw. I certainly would have. But the rest of them...the Tech fans especially...I didn't get. They were bitter and angry and really and truly UPSET. (And I'm not talking about anyone here. I couldn't even get onto this website at all yesterday.)

I sort of understand not wanting your rival to have more success. To date Decatur has never gone as far in the playoffs as Bridgeport has (I don't think), and to be honest I hope they never do. I try to publicly support their postseason efforts, but in my heart of hearts it's hard to do. But I would never ever be so angry or upset about them winning that I'd be swearing about it, or posting nasty things on someone else's facebook. Or being bitter about anyone else cheering for them if they hadn't gone there. So the idea that I had to prove my right to be a Texas fan sort of threw me.

And for the record, I went to UNT, so you guys remember that Keith isn't the only one next time you want to take on that program. We've just got lots or room to improve!! ;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-07-2009, 01:11 AM
Should Texas win, I don't think there are enough crows for the pie to be served up.

Sorry kieth, I dissagree -- the national championship has not been played yet and I actually think it will be a very good football game. I'm pulling for the Horns of course being from Texas.

IHStangFan
12-07-2009, 01:19 AM
thanks for understanding and thanks for serving our country. my pleasure, and wouldn't trade my experiences for anything in the world. I'm sure most of us here feel the same about the paths we've chosen for ourselves.

Now if I had my way, exactly how I wanted it...I'd have 1000 acres in Montana or Wyoming, and I'd disappear into obscurity and enjoy every minute of it!! :D

Maybe SOMEDAY!

SintonFan
12-07-2009, 01:54 AM

ROFL!
Keith, I'll give you a Snickers if I ever meet you.
If only for the responses you generate.
I'd also give you a hammer.
Maybe because you have a talent to combine humor and a sledge-hammer style of getting under people's skin. lol

Your posts are so un-Texan... you must be hoping we pass a same-sex Marriage Amendment.:D

NastySlot
12-07-2009, 02:36 AM

ok....i was right texas fight lyrics did include....."good bye to a&m".....if they are still in idk.....cause the ou sux part wasn't in the original lyrics...............so are both songs.....sad?.......and think the good bye to a&m....comes after a couple of texas fights.

for along time i was big horns fan....so i know a little about the horns.

Footballhudini
12-07-2009, 06:24 AM
im gonna have to agree with keith here.

the game will be over by halftime.

pitchdaball
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Alot of you sound like you have no football sense on this post. On this stage in college football anyone can beat anyone. How can a team be overrated when they go 12-0 and undefeated thru the big12. They play solid teams every week. Their QB is has the most wins in CFB History. He must be overrated too. Both of these teams are very good and deserve to be in the game. It will be a good game.

Deuce
12-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Were talking about the "THE University of Texas" topic again?

Horns say were childish for bringing it up and saying t.u. when you just egg us on. This comment is begging for us to call you out. If you want us to stop talking about it, dont bring it up

t.u. loses by 14 to bama. Colt McCoy cries home to daddy like the 12 year old he is.

Thats pretty funny, I have never seen McCoy cry or run home to daddy. YOu must be thinking of Florida.

BullsFan
12-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Deuce
Thats pretty funny, I have never seen McCoy cry or run home to daddy. YOu must be thinking of Florida.

:fnypost:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Black_Magic
12-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Look, Alabama sqeeks by Tennesee by two ( last min field goal i believe ) and barely gets by Auburn and You want to talk crap about Texas winning on a fieldgoal .. Same thing. Natioal championship I believe is being played by one sitting on the sideline. I think It sould be TCU vs TEXAS....

Black_Magic
12-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
im gonna have to agree with keith here.

the game will be over by halftime. Thats why the game is played on the field..... People said the same in 2005 when #2 Texas played #1 USC. Prior to that game Texas had no chance...:clap:

BaseballUmp
12-07-2009, 11:49 AM
After reading all of this I have one question then...How can probably 90% of us watch this game and root for either team to win? Keith, you did not attend Alabama, as im sure no one else on here did, and im pretty sure not many went to UT. So then we are not allowed to root for either team because, in turn, we are labeled a t-shirt fan. I go to Texas State but by that, I am not allowed to root for the Horns which i have loved since i was little. Keith, you need to stop hating and just watch the game. If you believe that the NC game has already been played, then no more input from you is needed on the bama ut game. everyone else, stop hating on t-shirt fans. Im definately a t-shirt fan. sorry i dont have $100,000+ for college thats why i go to Texas State, but i dont believe that makes me a bad person and not allow me to be a fan. yes its true that i miss out on alot that makes a ut grad a "better fan" but just because i dont go there doesnt mean i cant root for them. so all in all, keith you cant root for alabama, and almost all of us cant root for texas. so dont even try since we didnt attend those respective universities.

off my soapbox now:D :D :D

BaseballUmp
12-07-2009, 11:54 AM
oh and btw i went to Blinn for 2 years, so I CAN say congratulations to MY Blinn Buccaneers on their 2009 NJCAA championship win over Fort Scott 31-26 on an 84 yard punt return with 15 seconds left to win the game.

hahaha

Bullaholic
12-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
After reading all of this I have one question then...How can probably 90% of us watch this game and root for either team to win? Keith, you did not attend Alabama, as im sure no one else on here did, and im pretty sure not many went to UT. So then we are not allowed to root for either team because, in turn, we are labeled a t-shirt fan. I go to Texas State but by that, I am not allowed to root for the Horns which i have loved since i was little. Keith, you need to stop hating and just watch the game. If you believe that the NC game has already been played, then no more input from you is needed on the bama ut game. everyone else, stop hating on t-shirt fans. Im definately a t-shirt fan. sorry i dont have $100,000+ for college thats why i go to Texas State, but i dont believe that makes me a bad person and not allow me to be a fan. yes its true that i miss out on alot that makes a ut grad a "better fan" but just because i dont go there doesnt mean i cant root for them. so all in all, keith you cant root for alabama, and almost all of us cant root for texas. so dont even try since we didnt attend those respective universities.

Keith won't be serious at his own funeral---he just doesn't know how to be, even when he should---at least on this board, anyhow. Maybe a few years will cure that...

Keith7
12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp

If you love Texas so much, you should have went there instead of Texas State.. But considering Texas State is a Division I-AA, I can forgive you for that..

Anyways this thread isn't about rooting for colleges you have no affiliation with..

ITS ABOUT CELEBRATING ALABAMA'S 13TH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Congrats to the Tide!!!

Black_Magic
12-07-2009, 12:12 PM
If you love Texas so much, you should have went there instead of Texas State.. But considering Texas State is a Division I-AA, I can forgive you for that..

Anyways this thread isn't about rooting for colleges you have no affiliation with..

ITS ABOUT CELEBRATING ALABAMA'S 13TH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Congrats to the Tide!!! SO, Your going to say Bama is NC even after Texas beats them??? Assuming they do...

BaseballUmp
12-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh and yes they are a joke of a team but at least I went to school there and actually have a connection to that team.. thats more than 90% of the longhorn fluffers can say on this board

So then are you being a Tide fluffer? because to me, its pretty apparent that you are.

Deuce
12-07-2009, 12:36 PM

ITS ABOUT CELEBRATING ALABAMA'S 13TH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Congrats to the Tide!!!

Its not about rooting for colleges your not affiliated with, but you are all over BAMA's jocks. LMAO, you seem to contradict yourself in about every other post that you submit.

Keith7
12-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
SO, Your going to say Bama is NC even after Texas beats them??? Assuming they do...

I'm saying Texas won't beat Alabama and that Florida would have beat texas too if they would have made it.. So the winner of the SEC title game is essentially the National Champion

Keith7
12-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
Its not about rooting for colleges your not affiliated with, but you are all over BAMA's jocks. LMAO, you seem to contradict yourself in about every other post that you submit.

Except when North Texas played alabama earlier this year I was cheering for the Mean Green..

Ranger Mom
12-07-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm saying Texas won't beat Alabama and that Florida would have beat texas too if they would have made it.. So the winner of the SEC title game is essentially the National Champion

It's easy to say something like that, that you can never prove!!

Deuce
12-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It's easy to say something like that, that you can never prove!!

He has not said anything yet that makes me think he is very sharp anyway.

Black_Magic
12-07-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm saying Texas won't beat Alabama and that Florida would have beat texas too if they would have made it.. So the winner of the SEC title game is essentially the National Champion So you WILL admit TEXAS as the NC if they beat Bama?????

Daddy D 11
12-07-2009, 01:28 PM

You act like North Texas' application isn't a coloring book?

Keith7
12-07-2009, 05:56 PM
So you WILL admit TEXAS as the NC if they beat Bama?????

yea that would be silly if I didn't but it's not happening

King_LeYoeNidas
12-07-2009, 07:23 PM
why you guys continually feed trolls I'll never understand....

IHStangFan
12-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
why you guys continually feed trolls I'll never understand.... because it's fun to watch him scramble for the crumbs. :D

Keith7
12-07-2009, 10:01 PM
So Alabama now has 14 national championships.. who has the most?

turbostud
12-07-2009, 10:13 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/RffEaa3dKfI/AAAAAAAAAY0/Ly9rvShEK_o/s400/Nick.jpg

Keith7
12-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/RffEaa3dKfI/AAAAAAAAAY0/Ly9rvShEK_o/s400/Nick.jpg

Photoshopped

Daddy D 11
12-08-2009, 01:16 AM
Photoshopped

Agreed. Sabans lighting on his face doesn't match the other faces and the letters are obviously digital and appear to be crooked too. Maybe that part I am just imagining.

Keith7
12-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Alabama dominated the national championship. I think that they will take the de facto game pretty easily too

Bullaholic
12-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Alabama dominated the national championship. I think that they will take the de facto game pretty easily too

"de facto" is that UT is playing for the NC and I think you will find the game a little more competitive than you think, and you will probably be very unhappy when it is over. Sure hope you never have to look at the world without your hater glasses. :D

Keith7
12-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
"de facto" is that UT is playing for the NC and I think you will find the game a little more competitive than you think, and you will probably be very unhappy when it is over. Sure hope you never have to look at the world without your hater glasses. :D

won't happen.. Alabama will win by 21

Keith7
12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Ingram should have a big game

Keith7
12-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I was wrong.. Alabama now has 13 national championships, not 14.. Thats the most by any team besides ivy league schools from the early part of last century Michigan, Notre Dame and UCS are next in line with 11.. texas has a wimpy 4

Daddy D 11
12-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Texas..... #2 all time in wins. Suck on that.

Keith7
12-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Texas..... #2 all time in wins. Suck on that.

You do know texas isn't even the winningest college football team in Texas right?

Daddy D 11
12-08-2009, 05:48 PM
You do know texas isn't even the winningest college football team in Texas right?

We're talking big boy football Keith. Not Div II and III.

Keith7
12-08-2009, 05:49 PM
We're talking big boy football Keith. Not Div II and III.

A win is a win

Daddy D 11
12-08-2009, 05:54 PM
A win is a win

Is it now keith?:thinking:

I didn't think you were dumb enough to hang yourself but you proved me wrong. Thanks for hanging youself:thumbsup:

GrTigers6
12-08-2009, 05:57 PM
If thats the case then I bet there are some high school teams with better winning percentage than alabama.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2009, 05:58 PM
A win is a win

kinda like Texas toughing out wins agianst OU and Neb then right?

Keith7
12-08-2009, 06:00 PM

I didn't say "wins that should have been losses are wins" though they count that way in the standings, they don't make anyone believers

Daddy D 11
12-08-2009, 06:00 PM

LOL I just smiled when I saw that he put that. Gotta love when people hang themselves:clap:

Daddy D 11
12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
I didn't say "wins that should have been losses are wins" though they count that way in the standings, they don't make anyone believers

Believers don't matter if a win is a win.

Keith7
12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Believers don't matter if a win is a win.

you under estimate my wit

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2009, 06:02 PM

no we over estimate it

Daddy D 11
12-08-2009, 06:03 PM

I realize you were "setting yourself up" on purpose

Keith7
12-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I realize you were "setting yourself up" on purpose

Excuse me for the ally-oop to myself late in a blow out.

Keith7
12-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Alabama has the No. 2 defense in the country and texas had trouble against the No. 9 defense in Nebraska.. This could be trouble for texas

BleedOrange
12-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Alabama has the No. 2 defense in the country and texas had trouble against the No. 9 defense in Nebraska.. This could be trouble for texas

Nebraska has a better defense than Alabama. No offense on the part of Nebraska is a detriment to their defense. Texas by at least 5.

GrTigers6
12-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Keith7 This could be trouble for texas [/B] Really, you just said the other day that there was no way possible that texas could win. So how is it that according to you it "could be trouble". If your gonna make stupid predictions then at least stick with it.

Keith7
12-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Really, you just said the other day that there was no way possible that texas could win. So how is it that according to you it "could be trouble". If your gonna make stupid predictions then at least stick with it.

There's not, just pointing out the obvious for the texas fans

TheDOCTORdre
12-08-2009, 11:44 PM

number 2 defense against weak SEC offenses, Nebraska could be Bama, and Texas will roll the tide

Keith7
12-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
number 2 defense against weak SEC offenses, Nebraska could be Bama, and Texas will roll the tide

We will see.. I have a feeling that texas is too soft for a physical alabama defense

Keith7
12-09-2009, 04:16 PM
did you guys know that alabama has 12 national championships but no heisman trophy winners??

That all can change this year though

Keith7
12-10-2009, 01:48 PM
ALABAMA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!! CONGRATS FOR THE GOOD SEASON!!!

Bullaholic
12-10-2009, 01:56 PM
ALABAMA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!! CONGRATS FOR THE GOOD SEASON!!!

Ha Ha--you can't even get anybody to bite anymore with your nonsense...

Keith7
12-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Ha Ha--you can't even get anybody to bite anymore with your nonsense...

I don't need anyone to "bite".. I just want to give credit where credit is due

Bullaholic
12-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I don't need anyone to "bite".. I just want to give credit where credit is due

Good, then I can count on you giving the Longhorns proper credit when they bring home a NC to Texas? :D Again......

Black_Magic
12-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Good, then I can count on you giving the Longhorns proper credit when they bring home a NC to Texas? :D Again...... maybe congress did a good thing in the law they will pass saying that you cant declare a game a national championship without some sort of playoff....

STANG RED
12-10-2009, 02:19 PM
maybe congress did a good thing in the law they will pass saying that you cant declare a game a national championship without some sort of playoff....

They havnt passed anything of the sort yet, and even if they do, it wont take effect till next year anyway. Personally, I'd just rather them get their nose out of where it doesnt belong, and be more concerned about the failing economy.

Keith7
12-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
They havnt passed anything of the sort yet, and even if they do, it wont take effect till next year anyway. Personally, I'd just rather them get their nose out of where it doesnt belong, and be more concerned about the failing economy.

Playoffs or not, Alabama would win it all

sinton66
12-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Maybe we should bring back some of Keith's posts in 2005 singing the praises of USC. When you go off the deep end and cut off any possibility of retreat......;)

Inmateboss
12-12-2009, 03:54 AM
Playoffs or not, Alabama would win it all

It will never happen!!!!!TEXAS Will spank Alabama! :clap: :clap:

DDBooger
01-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Could someone find the thread I made right after the SEC championship titled "Congrats Alabama 2009 National Championship" and post that I say "I told you so."

You guys now see why the downlow banned me. They knew the longhorns would lose
LOL

He's incessant