PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley-Graham Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Ranger Mom
12-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize that was still on there. Is this one more appropriate?:D

Love it!!!!:thumbsup:

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The Graham offense gets so much attention, people dont think about how good their defense is. They played great defense all season, and are once again tonight. If they do end up winning a state title, their D will have just as much to do with it as the O does.

Sounds like it.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Hey Radio Guys...you two did a great job tonight. i will listen to you more often after tonight!! Give a shout out to Damon at Black Forest Restaurant from his favorite band that is playing there next weekend!!!

loboes86
12-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Agreed...but i think the chances of anything else...twisted knee, ankle, etc., is worth thinking about...plus, let others play...you might need them later in the next 2 games. Yeah I agree never know what might happen but it sure can.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 10:39 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!

garciap77
12-04-2009, 10:40 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
OUR SEASON IS NOW COMPLETE!!!!

skins4life
YEAH NO SHUTOUT

ccmom
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

markp08
12-04-2009, 10:41 PM
The Graham offense gets so much attention, people dont think about how good their defense is. They played great defense all season, and are once again tonight. If they do end up winning a state title, their D will have just as much to do with it as the O does.

You are absolutely correct. Their defense is state championship material. By far the best defense Wylie has seen up until this point in the season.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 10:43 PM
OK...so I am now officially on the Graham Steers band wagon for the rest of the season. Don't let us down, Steers. You play like this, you got a great shot at the big one. Get 'er done!

STANG RED
12-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Congrats to the Graham Steers! Way to rep district 2 so well. Now just keep it going for 2 more weeks.
Now I dont feel so bad for the butt whuppin the Steers gave my Mustangs.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Way to Go Texans!!! What a season!!! We will be right back next year!!!

Looking4number8
12-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Way to go Graham, congrats Wimberly on a great season

Ranger Mom
12-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Great season Texans...I feel you will be in the thick of it again next year!!!

Congrats Graham!!!

LionFan72
12-04-2009, 10:47 PM
how much time left, cant get on webcast, 33-7?

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
how much time left, cant get on webcast, 33-7?

oh good lord. its over....

skins4life
12-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey Radio guys, Ya'll did a great job tonight!! I will listen to you whenever I can from now on for sure. Keep up the good work!!!:) :) :)

Congrats to the Graham Steers!! Keep 2-3A going to the state championship.

Congrats to Wimberly on a great season and good luck next year!!

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2009, 10:49 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: Whaaaaaaaaattttttt???????

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:confused: :confused: :confused: Whaaaaaaaaattttttt???????

Whats up LHPM?

kepdawg
12-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Anybody know the score?

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Whats up LHPM?
I'm confused why we would care who's in our district.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Anybody know the score?

42 - 7 ( I think)

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Anybody know the score?

ummmm...50 something to 7 i think. I am standing on I-35 right now trying to step in front of a semi, and I am a little unsure of the real score.

STANG RED
12-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
42 - 7 ( I think)

I thought it ended up 48 or 49 to 7.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 10:54 PM
I thought it ended up 48 or 49 to 7.

WHAT???? Well hell....I think i'll back off the edge then and re-think this whole I-35 thing.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 10:54 PM
EXCELLENT JOB RADIO GUYS!! THANKS!!!

tigerbyheart
12-04-2009, 10:55 PM
WHAT???? Well hell....I think i'll back off the edge then and re-think this whole I-35 thing.

Wimbo...........step away from the edge!!!!!!

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm confused why we would care who's in our district.

Not sure I caught that LHPM.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2009, 10:58 PM

Hey Hey Hey!!! No blood and guts on the bandwagon!!!

BwdLion73
12-04-2009, 10:58 PM
ummmm...50 something to 7 i think. I am standing on I-35 right now trying to step in front of a semi, and I am a little unsure of the real score.

(in my best Bill Clinton) "I feel your pain"

Congratulations on a great season, and good luck to Graham.;) )

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Not sure I caught that LHPM.
Don't pay any attention to me....just talking to myself apparently about post-game stuff. :p

SteerS_2012
12-04-2009, 11:13 PM
48-7 Graham.

Was a shutout till they put JV in.

GO GRAHAM!!!!!

Ranger Mom
12-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Don't pay any attention to me....just talking to myself apparently about post-game stuff. :p

I know what you are talking about, I heard him...you are not crazy!!:D

WTF-82
12-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by SteerS_2012
48-7 Graham.

Was a shutout till they put JV in.

GO GRAHAM!!!!!

Congrats to the Steers!

garciap77
12-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Congrats to the Steers!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Snyder_TigerFan
12-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Wow! Nice, convincing win by Graham - especially for a quarterfinal matchup!

cucuy02
12-04-2009, 11:24 PM
anyone know some of the possible places where they will play their semi-final at...looking like Pitt will likely be the opp.

DaHop72
12-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Congrats to the Texans on a deep playoff run.

Way to go GRAHAM STEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pendragon13
12-04-2009, 11:43 PM
wow..just wow. Never expected to see a blowout this deep in the playoffs.:eek: I guess Graham is a team of destiny this year..

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
wow..just wow. Never expected to see a blowout this deep in the playoffs.:eek: I guess Graham is a team of destiny this year..

Me neither...but turning it over as much as we did didnt help. It wouldnt have mattered though...Graham is just at another level than we are. They are the real deal. If they play like this the next two weeks, I dont think they can be beat by anyone.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Congrats to the Texans on a deep playoff run.

Way to go GRAHAM STEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks DaHop...playing football in December just wasn't something we thought possible 4 weeks ago. I am very happy with the 09 season...very pleased with how it turned out. We are sophomore-heavy in talent, and this experience will only help the next few seasons. We got beat by what I believe will be the next state champion...so all in all, a great ride!

Golfdock
12-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Graham plays Pittsburg 7 Friday in Mansfield.

IHStangFan
12-05-2009, 12:38 AM
:eek:

BULLS1993
12-05-2009, 01:01 AM
CONGRATS STEERS!!! very impressive!

LionFan72
12-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Congrats Steers, very impressive win. Wimberly, good season, see you next year!! Oh yeah, we'll be back too!

BULLS1993
12-05-2009, 01:33 AM
Bulls will be back strong next year too! and im really glad none of us will have to face Mccoy again!

he doesnt have any more lil bros does he??? lol

steers2
12-05-2009, 01:36 AM
just made it back to the house. just wanna say congrats on a great season wimberley, you guys have got alot to look forward to in the coming years. man are guys just played lights out tonight, the best i have seen them play all year. i just hope we can keep it up for two more weeks. GO STEERS!!!

steers2
12-05-2009, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by BULLS1993
Bulls will be back strong next year too! and im really glad none of us will have to face Mccoy again!

he doesnt have any more lil bros does he??? lol

hehe we wish

Inmateboss
12-05-2009, 03:48 AM
Wimbo,I just have to say what a class act Ya'lls #5 is!!! What a STUD, and an excellent example of true Sportsmanship!!!:2thumbsup . Be proud of your team, they played really hard,but the Steers were just on fire tonight!!! I felt good going into tonights game, but Wow, those Grahan Steers made me take notice tonight!!! I'm one of their biggest fans and am still just blown away! Anyway, your team is a class act and I truly wish them all the best in the years to come, and look forward to getting to meet some of the Wimberley posters somewhere, thanks for being classy this past week!:clap: :clap: :clap:

PS: Cut the rope and get off the street, they need ya!!!:D

GO GRAHAM STEERS !!!!!!

wimbo_pro
12-05-2009, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Wimbo,I just have to say what a class act Ya'lls #5 is!!! What a STUD, and an excellent example of true Sportsmanship!!!:2thumbsup . Be proud of your team, they played really hard,but the Steers were just on fire tonight!!! I felt good going into tonights game, but Wow, those Grahan Steers made me take notice tonight!!! I'm one of their biggest fans and am still just blown away! Anyway, your team is a class act and I truly wish them all the best in the years to come, and look forward to getting to meet some of the Wimberley posters somewhere, thanks for being classy this past week!:clap: :clap: :clap:

PS: Cut the rope and get off the street, they need ya!!!:D

GO GRAHAM STEERS !!!!!!
You enjoy this ride InmateBoss. You are in the middle of a magical time. i dont want to sound too corny...but its true. In our '05 season, we did the exact same thing to Hondo when they had a pretty good team. We wiped them out in the regional finals...not even close. We then went on to beat a very good WOS relatively easily in a high scoring event. Then on to the finals.

So you are at that point. You'll see a difference now...the trips to the store, to the coffee shop, to anywhere in town will be abuzz with talk of your Steers, unlike its ever been before. You'll just seem to step a little lighter. People will seem to have a smile on their face all the time, not only when they are taking money from you! You'll lie awake at night thinking of the 2 games you KNOW you can win, pushing out any possibility of losing either.

I see a lot of similarities with our 2 teams and 2 towns in this regard, being your first trip this deep to Heaven's Grid Iron. So I am now proud to call myself a Steer Supporter for the rest of the season...and into the next, except if we meet again! Go Steers!

P.S. Your Steers are butt-kickin' good!

go blue 64
12-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Sounds like Graham are playing to their level, and we are playing like sophomores...this wont end up good unless we turn it around.

Graham talked about a tough pre district schedule, but no one would listen.
Graham talked about a very tough district schedule, but no one would listen.
Graham fans talked about the value of SR leadersip, but no one would listen, can you hear us now.:)

K-MAC Chuck
12-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by go blue 64
Graham fans talked about the value of SR leadersip, but no one would listen, can you hear us now.:)

Go Blue,
As a broadcaster of last night's game, let me say - the MESSAGE CAME IN LOUD AND CLEAR! :vrycnfsd: :clap:

WOW!

The Steers were incredilbe in EVERY ASPECT of the game - offense, defense, special teams, sidelines, bands, cheering (LOL). Truly a dominating performance, good luck to the Steers next week..

Congrats to the Texans on a great turn-around season after starting a dismal 1-3. Coach Nelms and his staff did a great job with this group of kids, who will be good for years to come!

Thanks again to Blue Willow (on the Square in Wimberley) and The Black Forest Restaurant (at the Junction in Wimberley) for sponsoring the K-MAC Sports broadcast of last night's game. And thanks to all the 3ADLers who enjoyed the game with us - that was fun! :inlove: :cool:

Old Green
12-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Go Blue,
As a broadcaster of last night's game, let me say - the MESSAGE CAME IN LOUD AND CLEAR! :vrycnfsd: :clap:

WOW!

The Steers were incredilbe in EVERY ASPECT of the game - offense, defense, special teams, sidelines, bands, cheering (LOL). Truly a dominating performance, good luck to the Steers next week..

Congrats to the Texans on a great turn-around season after starting a dismal 1-3. Coach Nelms and his staff did a great job with this group of kids, who will be good for years to come!

Thanks again to Blue Willow (on the Square in Wimberley) and The Black Forest Restaurant (at the Junction in Wimberley) for sponsoring the K-MAC Sports broadcast of last night's game. And thanks to all the 3ADLers who enjoyed the game with us - that was fun! :inlove: :cool: Great Broadcast Chuck as ya'll always are.:clap: Enjoyed the game tremendously.

garciap77
12-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Great Broadcast!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
12-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Go Blue,

WOW!

Thanks again to Blue Willow (on the Square in Wimberley) and The Black Forest Restaurant (at the Junction in Wimberley) for sponsoring the K-MAC Sports broadcast of last night's game. And thanks to all the 3ADLers who enjoyed the game with us - that was fun! :inlove: :cool:

yes it was Chuck...even though we were handed a severe butt-whoopin' by a much better team, it was still a good time here on the board. You two really did a fine job...I will stop by and talk to Damon and tell him it wsas worth his sponsorship...and maybe we will have our LH M&G there next year!

Bullaholic
12-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Congrats to the Graham Steers for the win. Your team has been great over an entire season, and now you are the best team in Region I and a state semi-finalist with a chance at being the DII State champ. Best of Luck to the Steers.

The Wimberley Texans were a great example of a team nobody expected to do what they did, and I know all of their fans are very proud of this team for making this season so successful.
Best of Luck to the Texans next season.

Thanks to Chuck and the K-MAC gang for making their broadcast fun for all who love Texas highschool football.

Inmateboss
12-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks to everyone that has and is wishing us well! Wimbo your right I'm walking on air and proud as a new dad!!! We as a team and a town we would like to thank all the fine teams we have played this year,and to tell them to remember this " You are only as good as your Competition". Again, thanks for the sportsmanship,Support and to the 3A downlow family for making it extra fun during this season, what a great bunch of folks!!!

GO
GRAHAM STEERS

go blue 64
12-05-2009, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
[B]Go Blue,

WOW!

well said:)