PDA

View Full Version : Hey LE Dad

N4SIR
12-04-2009, 12:55 PM
How about them Ducks! Did LaMiachel make you proud last night?
I remember that night in Longview when your boys beat us and when on to win it all that year. LaMicahel sure impressed me that night and he did again putting it on Oregon State. He had 25 carries for 166 yards and 3 TD's. Hope to see him in the NFL one day. Always great to see East Texas kids represent like that.
BTW - whatever happend to the QB from that state championship team. I remember he was a great punter too. Is he playing D1 anywhere?

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
How about them Ducks! Did LaMiachel make you proud last night?
I remember that night in Longview when your boys beat us and when on to win it all that year. LaMicahel sure impressed me that night and he did again putting it on Oregon State. He had 25 carries for 166 yards and 3 TD's. Hope to see him in the NFL one day. Always great to see East Texas kids represent like that.
BTW - whatever happend to the QB from that state championship team. I remember he was a great punter too. Is he playing D1 anywhere? LaMichael is a good kid. He is always in touch with the coaches here and looks to them for advice often. He calls in to local talk show occasionally to let people know how he is doing. If he stays healthy he should go to the next level.

Our QB was Will Middlebrooks. He punted, KO, played some saftey in football. He was also an excellent pitcher for our 06 state champion and 07 state finalist baseball team. He signed a letter of intent to play baseball at A&M but ended up signing with Boston Redsox. I do not know what level he is playing but he had a very good year this year playing 3rd base.

Thanks for keeping track and good luck to ya'll tomorrow. I will not make this one but if you win I will be there for the SC game.

N4SIR
12-04-2009, 01:30 PM
You've seen both my Mighty Buckeyes and the boys from Lovejoy. IF it turns out that we should meet up in the state championship - do you think we can take them?

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 01:46 PM
You've seen both my Mighty Buckeyes and the boys from Lovejoy. IF it turns out that we should meet up in the state championship - do you think we can take them? I think the deep ball will be there all night long for Gilmer. Run wise fly sweep and misdirection type runs will be there. LL clogs up the middle well and runs to ball well. Defense will be looking at a mirror image with a little less speed.
Lovejoy spreads you out and scrambles QB and will look for underneath stuff and gains off QB feet and then try to split the safties deep. Runwise they will use fly sweep and counter trap pretty well. I think Gilmer wins just as long as they don't let up. If you get up 5 scores put up another cause Lovejoy will keep coming.

N4SIR
12-04-2009, 02:08 PM
"they will keep coming" sounds like Cuero from what I'm reading on the downlow. Hopefully we get by them tomorrow night and then onto the State Championship.
I've been wondering who Gilmer would match up better against -- LL or Wylie and just wanted your perspective since you had seen them play. Either one will be tough. By the time you get to this point all the cream puffs are gone.

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 02:14 PM
"they will keep coming" sounds like Cuero from what I'm reading on the downlow. Hopefully we get by them tomorrow night and then onto the State Championship.
I've been wondering who Gilmer would match up better against -- LL or Wylie and just wanted your perspective since you had seen them play. Either one will be tough. By the time you get to this point all the cream puffs are gone. I think ya'll will beat either of them. I think Lovejoy will make some mistakes that Wylie won't.

N4SIR
12-04-2009, 02:19 PM
We have to get by Cuero first and that won't be an easy task. Taking off tomorrow at noon to cheer the boys on.

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 02:24 PM
We have to get by Cuero first and that won't be an easy task. Taking off tomorrow at noon to cheer the boys on. Good luck again. Gonna be a cold one.

N4SIR
12-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I was thinking about going to watch Pittsburg and Pleasant Groove tonight but I'm thinking one night of being cold will be enough. Will probably stay home and see if I can find a radio broadcast or webcast.

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 02:38 PM
I was thinking about going to watch Pittsburg and Pleasant Groove tonight but I'm thinking one night of being cold will be enough. Will probably stay home and see if I can find a radio broadcast or webcast. Same here. My kids want to go but no way, I know a local station will have it but I don't know if it will be on web. I think KBUS may do Pitts games and pretty sure they are on web. I will probably post updates if nothing else. I think Pitt wins and I hope that Graham wins. I would like to see that matchup next week.

garciap77
12-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I think ya'll will beat either of them. ................................

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/cazwateveroo11.gif

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/cazwateveroo11.gif I said "think":D lol

garciap77
12-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I said "think":D lol

:D

ccmom
12-04-2009, 02:53 PM
I've been wondering who Gilmer would match up better against -- LL or Wylie and just wanted your perspective since you had seen them play. Either one will be tough. By the time you get to this point all the cream puffs are gone.

Nevermind....apparently I cannot read today! :doh: