PDA

View Full Version : Aledo stadium

Golfdock
12-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Aledo Stadium is great to watch football, if you can walk there. The parking is the worst I have ever seen. Some fans last week arrived in Aledo 30 minutes before the game but because of the parking, they missed the first quarter. They charge for parking (which is fine) but only had 2 people taking money with only 2 ways in our out. It took 1 hour once we started to leave till the time we went through the first light less then a mile away. I hope we never play there again.

bwdlionfan
12-03-2009, 09:28 PM
I watched an Aledo-Stephenville game there 2 years ago... I know what you're talking about

ccmom
12-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Ditto!

Rabid Cougar
12-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Very Nice stadium ... Horrible access. Takes longer to get to first traffic light than it does to get from Ft.Worth to Waco! Well almost.

Pick6
12-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the info, I'll be there tonight. Hopefully the traffic won't be to bad for a 1A game.

GetRDoneStangs
12-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Nice stadium.......hope we never play there again!!!!

The stadium workers from the ticket takers to the press box are the rudest ANYWHERE!!!

Good luck to anyone having to play there...

squid
12-04-2009, 08:32 AM
the main complaint I had was sitting on the visitors side last year against China Springs. A stadium oriented east and west with a stiff northwest wind blowing is not a good thing in December...

that day I turned the radio on to some college game and listened to it on the way out. A quarter and a half from the time I left the parking lot until we hit I20.

Last week Abilene High and Cedar Hill were initially scheduled to play there until someone realized it would never hold that crowd and moved it to Birdville.

jockcity33
12-04-2009, 03:11 PM
I was there last week, I exited off of I-20 15 minutes before kickoff and I only missed the first kickoff that Graham kicked out of bounds, and had to re-kick anyway, so basically I did not miss anything.
I left as soon as the game was over and was back on the interstate within 10 minutes. Not too bad I didn't think.

ronwx5x
12-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by jockcity33
I was there last week, I exited off of I-20 15 minutes before kickoff and I only missed the first kickoff that Graham kicked out of bounds, and had to re-kick anyway, so basically I did not miss anything.
I left as soon as the game was over and was back on the interstate within 10 minutes. Not too bad I didn't think.

5 to 1 against you so far. What do you know that no one else does? Oh, I see, someone let you out while they went to park the car!:D :clap:

Mcguirk
12-04-2009, 07:15 PM
There is a backroad in from Weatherford that takes you right to the stadium. Can't remember the name, but I think it goes directly from I20. Last time Wylie played there we headed west out of the north end of the lot and were on I20 in 15 minutes almost to Weatherford. Look on mapquest and use the aerial view. You can see it heading west from the stadium.

BULLS1993
12-05-2009, 01:07 AM
i agree it was pretty frustrating waiting in line 30 minutes TO PARK while 2 people were slowly taking money in ONE lane. couldnt figure out why they didnt open the other EMPTY lane and speed things up a little.

Pick6
12-05-2009, 01:11 AM
No problems at all for 2 1A schools. The workers there were very friendly also.

BULLS1993
12-05-2009, 01:22 AM
who did you watch tonight?

BULLS1993
12-05-2009, 01:40 AM
I didnt have a problem with the people working there, just the insanity of the parking arrangements

Matthew328
12-05-2009, 09:31 AM
The back road works awesome...I think coming west to east you exit ranch house road and then make a left...turn left on whatever street it is and it takes you right behind the home side....

BDB
12-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Nice stadium.......hope we never play there again!!!!

The stadium workers from the ticket takers to the press box are the rudest ANYWHERE!!!

After watching Wylie play at Aledo last year, I had the same reaction as above, BUT after going to Saginaw, Aledo is now above Saginaw.Never want to see that stadium again.

grmfan93
12-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Golfdock
The parking is the worst I have ever seen. Some fans last week arrived in Aledo 30 minutes before the game but because of the parking, they missed the first quarter. They charge for parking (which is fine) but only had 2 people taking money with only 2 ways in our out. It took 1 hour once we started to leave till the time we went through the first light less then a mile away. I hope we never play there again.

At one point they had to quite charging because traffic was backed up all the way to the interstate. The highway patrol had to come and direact traffic on the interstate.