PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Game update (SIAP)

trdogs09
12-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I heard they have changed the game to Saturday 7pm.

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
La Grange- Sinton game postponed til Saturday 7:00pm. Judson High School Field. Just announced.

AIRMAN
12-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Sinton Playoff Game Rescheduled
Due to safety concerns, Sinton ISD has announced that Friday's Region IV-3A Division II Championship game between the Pirates and La Grange has been rescheduled for Saturday, 7:00 p.m. at D.W. Rutledge Stadium in Converse.
Snow is expected in the San Antonio area on Friday night.

sinfan75
12-03-2009, 08:17 PM
If they played in Victoria they wouldn't be havin this problem.:D

SintonFan
12-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75

LOL @ Yato.:D ;)

sinton66
12-03-2009, 08:26 PM

Dunno about that. They're predicting snow in Houston too.

Gobbla2001
12-03-2009, 08:26 PM

they may... wasn't supposed to go below SA in '04 but Victoria area got the heaviest snow...

LG is probably in the heavy area... couldn't imagine goin' up or down that steep-grade in that mess... then again I'm just not used to drivin' in that crap, would take the out-of-the-way truck route from town to 77...

would've loved to see this game...

SintonFan
12-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
they may... wasn't supposed to go below SA in '04 but Victoria area got the heaviest snow...

LG is probably in the heavy area... couldn't imagine goin' up or down that steep-grade in that mess... then again I'm just not used to drivin' in that crap, would take the out-of-the-way truck route from town to 77...

would've loved to see this game...

Those curves around LaGrange are fun, huh?:D

About Christmas '04, SA was totally missed and yall had the "White Christmas"! I was bummed.
The ride down IH37 that next day to Sinton was fun. Never saw so many cars on the side of the road South of the 281/Pleasanton turn off.

Gobbla2001
12-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

About Christmas '04, SA was totally missed and yall had the "White Christmas"! I was bummed.
The ride down IH37 that next day to Sinton was fun. Never saw so many cars on the side of the road South of the 281/Pleasanton turn off.

hell I had to drive to Port Lavaca to get a pack of smokes that Christmas morning... going over the causeway was interesting... naturally the north wind blew a lot of water out of the bay so some reefs were exposed... never seen snow on the reefs... then snow on the palms in town...

coolest part was the 45 minute drive to my aunt's for our Christmas gathering... every overpass there were people sledding down the sides on trashcan lids and whatever else they could find... got me thinkin': "I'ma start carryin' a trash-can lid around"

sinfan75
12-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

The ride down IH37 that next day to Sinton was fun. Never saw so many cars on the side of the road South of the 281/Pleasanton turn off. Sinton had a white Christmas too that year. Slid all the way to the bar Christmas Eve and all the way back home. I thought Iwas in NASCAR!:D

SintonFan
12-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
hell I had to drive to Port Lavaca to get a pack of smokes that Christmas morning... going over the causeway was interesting... naturally the north wind blew a lot of water out of the bay so some reefs were exposed... never seen snow on the reefs... then snow on the palms in town...

coolest part was the 45 minute drive to my aunt's for our Christmas gathering... every overpass there were people sledding down the sides on trashcan lids and whatever else they could find... got me thinkin': "I'ma start carryin' a trash-can lid around"

Something to tell the Grandkids one day! especially if they wonder why you lug a trash can lid everywhere. :smoker:

SintonFan
12-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Sinton had a white Christmas too that year. Slid all the way to the bar Christmas Eve and all the way back home. I thought Iwas in NASCAR!:D

I know and I missed the snow fall.:(

My bro was working in Ingleside that night and called me after church to tell me and I quote, "There is a snowstorm out here!"
I thought he was joking but then I heard the boom of thunder while it was snowing over his phone.:eek:
He knew what he was talking about because he has worked many Northern states during snowstorms...:D