PDA

View Full Version : One reason I wish my school was not in Region 4

Specklebelly
09-11-2002, 07:39 PM
I really try not to criticize too much when someone is doing a task on a voluntary basis, but the Region 4 coverage on this website is awful when compared to the great job done on the other three regions. No updates for this week yet and its Wednesday. The preseason poll has not been updated at all since the start of the season. The individual pictures for some of the districts display teams that are not even in that district any more. Being my team is now in Region 4, Id really like to see a better job done covering that region. Im sure the large group of Sinton posters would agree with me.

sinton66
09-11-2002, 07:53 PM
The region 4 rep on here has only just started a couple of months ago. I believe him to be an honorable fellow even though I've never met him. I suspect he has been caught somewhat by surprize by the enormity of this task. I kindly suggest we give him a little leeway here. I'm sure things will improve. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 12, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
09-11-2002, 08:23 PM
Specklebelly send the moderator some new pics. I am sure he will be glad to accept them.

SintonFan
09-11-2002, 10:11 PM
Specklebelly, I do agree with. I also try to be a little patient, too. I'm sure the moderator will get it up soon.

Chris Hart
09-11-2002, 10:18 PM
He said earlier today that he is working on it.

toby070
09-12-2002, 08:28 AM
Okay guys, please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not griping or whining, this is a serious offer. I volunteered to do this, paid a small fee to the other three folks to pay for the website, and then a few weeks later took on a second job that is taking up a huge chunk of my time. I'm basically right now pulling about 12 hour days (if I'm lucky), most of them away from my wife and kids, and when I get some free time, this is often the last thing on my mind.

That said, if someone wants to take over the job, pending the approval of bearcat, jacket, and matthew, I'd turn it over in a heartbeat, and leave my financial contribution as part of the deal. I can take the criticism, so again please don't take this as me being a baby, I'm admitting that I may well have bitten off more than I can chew. I'd probably feel exactly the same way you do in your shoes (though I'll admit that the draw on this site for me has always been the message board more than the regional sites). In the meantime, it may be midnight before I do it, but I'll try my best to get an update done this week.

Consider this, anyone interested, as a very serious offer.

[This message has been edited by toby070 (edited September 12, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
09-12-2002, 08:41 AM
Toby I appreciate what you do for us.

footballgal
09-12-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
Toby I appreciate what you do for us.

I agree, Thanks Toby for what you have been doing and hopefully will continue. I have to tell you I know it's a lot of work. Personally I have being HELPING out a local website, and my contribution to it is minor. But, even at that level it's hard to juggle, work, family & kids, church & everything else.

And two jobs Toby?? that's has to be tough! You do what you gotta do, whatever is best for you and your family. I agree with you on the fact that my main attraction to this site (for me) is also the message board. Whatever you decide to do, I will support you, having your best interest at heart. Peace http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited September 12, 2002).]

Jacket2000
09-12-2002, 09:55 AM
This site requires much more work than you all realize, and of course we dont make one red cent for it. Even us three "veterens" get overwhelmed at times, Im sure Toby gets that way every now and then. Especially being thrown out there to fend for himself. Give him a chance. He's got a lot on his plate right now, and Im sure once he gets the hang of this y'all will be glad he's here.
J2K

footballgal
09-12-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Jacket2000:
This site requires much more work than you all realize, and of course we dont make one red cent for it. Even us three "veterens" get overwhelmed at times, Im sure Toby gets that way every now and then. Especially being thrown out there to fend for himself. Give him a chance. He's got a lot on his plate right now, and Im sure once he gets the hang of this y'all will be glad he's here.
J2K

I hear you Jacket! Now, everybody else should do the same!

By the way thanks for the reminder:

Thank you, Jacket, Matthew and Bearcat, for all your hard work it's truuuulllllly appreciated, really it is, I have alot of fun being here. It's actually something I do for "just for ME", when I want time for myself.

Again, Thanks to all three!!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited September 12, 2002).]

SintonFan
09-12-2002, 11:33 AM
toby070, family time is more important than this. I'll be patient, you deserve that. Also, I go here mainly for the dicussion board too.

sinton66
09-12-2002, 03:10 PM
I can't explain how or why, I just KNEW there was more to this than Toby was letting on. He did kinda hint at it once before, but it was VERY subtle. I totally understand now.
Toby, I wish I could help, but unfortunately I would probably slow it down even more.

Chris Hart
09-12-2002, 05:58 PM
Toby, As long as you keep Burnet at #1, I don't care if you ever update it(lol).Not really, just do what you can, if you miss a week here and there we'll understand.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

[This message has been edited by Chris Hart (edited September 12, 2002).]

Specklebelly
09-12-2002, 08:25 PM
Hey man, if you gotta work then that definitely should be top priority. I apologize for criticizing if that's why you are a little behind. I made the post just in case you just needed someone to light a fire under your ass.