PDA

View Full Version : playoff games vs mother nature

bulldog82
12-03-2009, 12:54 AM
whats the weather going to be like at your game, and how do you think it will effect the game?

bulldog82
12-03-2009, 01:07 AM
looked through entire playoff schedule 5a thru 1a, no one is in a dome, not even in s.a. all playing at heros stadium or judson, some might want to rethink that. same thing in dallas area.????????

LionFan72
12-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Football was intended to be played in a stadium, not an arena! The elements will be the same for both teams. The arenas are covered not for the sake of players, but all the fair weather fans. Support your home teams and at least give them the courtesy of your support if the weather is sloppy, at this point of the season, these fine young men have sacrificed a lot to get here. With that said, I pray for SAFE travels to each and every team, fans, officials, and look forward to making as many games as possible!

3afan
12-03-2009, 07:22 AM
DFW:
FRIDAY - Cloudy and cold with snow showers and snow flurries. Light accumulations will be possible mainly south. DFW might have up to a covering of snow by midday. Winds: Light and Variable. High: 39
SATURDAY - Low of 27 Saturday morning, but dry. Winds: Light and Variable. High: 50

bulldog82
12-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Football was intended to be played in a stadium, not an arena! The elements will be the same for both teams. The arenas are covered not for the sake of players, but all the fair weather fans. Support your home teams and at least give them the courtesy of your support if the weather is sloppy, at this point of the season, these fine young men have sacrificed a lot to get here. With that said, I pray for SAFE travels to each and every team, fans, officials, and look forward to making as many games as possible! i was looking at it from a fans prospective, i know from a players prospective it just adds to the fun of playing the game. and even though they both play in the elements, if it effects your team youll always wonder how it would have ended had the weather been nicer.

Tsip85
12-03-2009, 02:24 PM
I see there's supposed to be about an inch of snow in Waco on Friday, but skies lool clear for Saturday. Lovejoy and Wylie will be playing on turf that will hopefully have dried out by game time. A wet surface may slow us down a bit, but not much. If it was a sloppy grass field, then I'd be concerned...

Daddy D 11
12-03-2009, 02:41 PM
I say suck it up. Mother nature is a pansy. We are human beings... mother nature is inferior to us humans.

Cold? What cold?:eek: :devil:

Tsip85
12-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Cold? What cold?:eek: :devil:

HA! I'm orginally from SE TX (Katy). Anything below 60 is FREEZING!!!!!

Bullaholic
12-03-2009, 02:57 PM
O.k.--silly joke time---everybody close your eyes....

Where are Playoff, TX and Mother, TX located....? What kind of offense does the "games" and the "nature" run?

I warned you it was bad....:D

blackcatfan
12-03-2009, 04:55 PM
20 years ago, in 1989, Mexia played in the state championship game against Vernon. On Saturday afternoon at kickoff, the temp was 17 degrees and it was windy. Enjoy your nice warm games this weekend!!! Mexia won that game, by the way, and made it all worthwhile.

bulldog82
12-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I say suck it up. Mother nature is a pansy. We are human beings... mother nature is inferior to us humans.

Cold? What cold?:eek: :devil: its not nice to fool with mother nature.

grmfan93
12-03-2009, 09:04 PM
snow for Graham/Wimberly

GetRDoneStangs
12-03-2009, 09:15 PM
It looks like some snow for all games!!!

It looks like the South and East may get some pretty good snows!!!

Drive slow.......and hope all the teams and fans travel safe this weekend!

Go SANDCRABS.....beat the antlers!!!!!

Inmateboss
12-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Football was intended to be played in a stadium, not an arena! The elements will be the same for both teams. The arenas are covered not for the sake of players, but all the fair weather fans. Support your home teams and at least give them the courtesy of your support if the weather is sloppy, at this point of the season, these fine young men have sacrificed a lot to get here. With that said, I pray for SAFE travels to each and every team, fans, officials, and look forward to making as many games as possible!

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: I wish I had an RV I would be sleeping in the parking lot!!! First one in, and I want a sideline pass!!
December Football, Life is Good!!:D :D :clap: :clap:

GO GRAHAM STEERS !!!!!