PDA

View Full Version : Graham v Wimberley Snow Bowl??

Matthew328
12-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Just saw the weather and they are saying possibly over an inch accumliation south of DFW around Waco

Tx Challenge
12-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah, but for $39, you can be safe in E.P...LOL jk...I heard it snowed there as well

IHStangFan
12-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Yeah, but for $39, you can be safe in E.P...LOL jk...I heard it snowed there as well LOL!!! :D

The snow could make the game even more interesting than it already is supposed to be!! Someone take some pictures!!

Tx Challenge
12-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL!!! :D

The snow could make the game even more interesting than it already is supposed to be!! Someone take some pictures!!

If it snows, Big Daddy Russ already offered me a place to stay.

Inmateboss
12-03-2009, 12:22 AM
The snow and cold won't bother the steers, but it could sure hurt a good fan turn out. I wanted to see standing room only!!!!:D
If it was just cold I think we would be ok! But being that it's also going to be wet, crowd size will suffer, and I hate that for the boys.:( :(

gold_33
12-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Im wondering if it may affect the game itself??? Will they let the kids travel under winter conditions??

IHStangFan
12-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
If it snows, Big Daddy Russ already offered me a place to stay. Good stuff....if you end up and stay w/ the BDR family, you'll have a good time and be treated well. BDR and I go way back...he's a great guy, and very entertaining.

Z-RO
12-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
Im wondering if it may affect the game itself??? Will they let the kids travel under winter conditions??

Great point, if it indeed does snow this affects Graham a lot more because they are such a passing team. They have had problems at times catching the ball (1st half of the Brownwood game for example) and I don't believe that if you make them line up and run the ball they can be successful doing so.

Inmateboss
12-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Great point, if it indeed does snow this affects Graham a lot more because they are such a passing team. They have had problems at times catching the ball (1st half of the Brownwood game for example) and I don't believe that if you make them line up and run the ball they can be successful doing so.

Want to bet lunch on it???? :thinking: You get to pick the place!!

bulldog82
12-03-2009, 01:18 AM
hope yall can play in the snow wimberley! good luck blakemore lead you team to state, get one of those cool monuments for yourselves for everyone to see. sorry for giving yall an extra loss, might have been different had you been healthy. yall are peaking at the right time so run with it!

Z-RO
12-03-2009, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss

For an entire game...yes

snaxet
12-03-2009, 02:05 AM
This year's Texans have forever found a special place in the history of Wimberley Texan football. Having watched the Texans since 1985 when Wimberley first broke from Hays CISD and played its first football season there have been several Texan teams that have won the hearts of the Wimberley fans. Those that come to mind are the 1993 state semi-final team; the 2001 Regional Final team; the 2004 team with a big win over Liberty Hill and then who can forget the fog bowl in a close loss to Cuero that set the stage for the 2005 season; of course, the 2005 State Champion team with a 15-0 record and key wins over Liberty Hill, West Orange Stark and Gainesville; the 2006 team that actually lays claim to the unofficial 2006 state title having defeated Liberty Eylau (the state big school champion) and Liberty Hill (the small school state champion)during the regular season, and now the 2009 team that has risen from the depths of a 1-3 start to take the 8-3A District Title and now are playing in the Region I 3A small school finals. The Texans will no doubt have their hands full Friday night but this year's team has developed that Wimberley way of smashmouth style football and proven that they will fight you to the bitter end. The Texans will be bringing it come Friday night in spite of the cold. See ya there!!!!

bulldog82
12-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Great point, if it indeed does snow this affects Graham a lot more because they are such a passing team. They have had problems at times catching the ball (1st half of the Brownwood game for example) and I don't believe that if you make them line up and run the ball they can be successful doing so. true, but this also gives the recievers the advantage, because they know where theyre going ,so d backs may have a harder time in coverage if slipping and sliding becomes a factor.

Deuce
12-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by bulldog82
true, but this also gives the recievers the advantage, because they know where theyre going ,so d backs may have a harder time in coverage if slipping and sliding becomes a factor.

Very true.

Z-RO
12-03-2009, 09:44 AM
true, but this also gives the recievers the advantage, because they know where theyre going ,so d backs may have a harder time in coverage if slipping and sliding becomes a factor.

Agreed, but then you still have to catch it :p

Deuce
12-03-2009, 09:49 AM

If he sticks to the short patterns Graham will be fine. They have been doing a phenomenal job the last two weeks catching the ball.

Z-RO
12-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Deuce
If he sticks to the short patterns Graham will be fine. They have been doing a phenomenal job the last two weeks catching the ball.

I really havent seen a flat out dropped ball (that I can remember) since the 1st qtr against Monahans.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2009, 10:45 AM
probably wont change the game much, i predict.

Balcones fault
12-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by snaxet
This year's Texans have forever found a special place in the history of Wimberley Texan football. Having watched the Texans since 1985 when Wimberley first broke from Hays CISD and played its first football season there have been several Texan teams that have won the hearts of the Wimberley fans. Those that come to mind are the 1993 state semi-final team; the 2001 Regional Final team; the 2004 team with a big win over Liberty Hill and then who can forget the fog bowl in a close loss to Cuero that set the stage for the 2005 season; of course, the 2005 State Champion team with a 15-0 record and key wins over Liberty Hill, West Orange Stark and Gainesville; the 2006 team that actually lays claim to the unofficial 2006 state title having defeated Liberty Eylau (the state big school champion) and Liberty Hill (the small school state champion)during the regular season, and now the 2009 team that has risen from the depths of a 1-3 start to take the 8-3A District Title and now are playing in the Region I 3A small school finals. The Texans will no doubt have their hands full Friday night but this year's team has developed that Wimberley way of smashmouth style football and proven that they will fight you to the bitter end. The Texans will be bringing it come Friday night in spite of the cold. See ya there!!!!

This is not generally a place where one expects to see semicolons used in a sentence. You may have set some sort of record.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Balcones fault
This is not generally a place where one expects to see semicolons used in a sentence. You may have set some sort of record.

We aren't ALL illiterate here!!:p

bulldog82
12-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Agreed, but then you still have to catch it :p dont think snow will effect catching the ball, yea..... it will be cold, but most recievers wear gloves anyway, coupled with running routs, they should be rather warm.

Z-RO
12-03-2009, 04:28 PM
dont think snow will effect catching the ball, yea..... it will be cold, but most recievers wear gloves anyway, coupled with running routs, they should be rather warm.

Your missing my whole point about them struggling at times catching the ball. Thats why I said they still have to catch it.

bulldog82
12-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Your missing my whole point about them struggling at times catching the ball. Thats why I said they still have to catch it. i know what you are saying about struggling to catch the ball, i was just commenting that the snow shouldnt add to their struggle.

garciap77
12-03-2009, 05:03 PM

You mean like this?:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/20091031-025421-pic-585193671_t607.jpg

;)

Z-RO
12-03-2009, 05:55 PM
i know what you are saying about struggling to catch the ball, i was just commenting that the snow shouldnt add to their struggle.

But if that snow starts to melt just a little bit...then you have to deal with a wet ball. Gloves or not those are not always easy to catch.

Z-RO
12-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
You mean like this?:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/20091031-025421-pic-585193671_t607.jpg

;)

THAT was a great catch. I have seen this group make some real acrobatic catches that make you say wow...then I have seen them drop some that hit them right between the numbers.

SWAS009
12-03-2009, 07:02 PM
THAT was a great catch. I have seen this group make some real acrobatic catches that make you say wow...then I have seen them drop some that hit them right between the numbers.

If that isn't enough to tell you that we are studs, you need to goto school son.

grahampaw
12-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Snow can also make a big and fast RB slow and easy to tackle.Who has one of those?

Inmateboss
12-03-2009, 09:40 PM
For an entire game...yes

Graham wins, you buy and I don't care if it's a Gut Grenade from Alsups. Wimberley wins I buy and I don't care if you want to go to the Wildcatter, done deal!!!

Your on!

Inmateboss
12-03-2009, 09:52 PM
But if that snow starts to melt just a little bit...then you have to deal with a wet ball. Gloves or not those are not always easy to catch.

Holy crap dude, just say Graham can't catch the ball with a fishing net. If it rains, if it snows, if it the sun is in our eyes, do you think Wimberley is the only team that is going to play ball friday?????????????? Garcia, can you or who ever , put that picture of those people whooping that dead horse back on here?

Inmateboss
12-03-2009, 09:59 PM

Is it just me, golly I hope not!!! But I have to admit something,guys!!! I have seen other Players drop some balls before. I guess I need to go wash my eyes out with soap now, sorry ya'll had to hear this!!!

Z-RO
12-04-2009, 05:13 AM
Go ahead and suspend me for a few days because I have to say this Inmateboss you are an IDIOT. What part of all of the last 3-4 weeks have you not realized I have been pulling for Graham? Not once have I said they are going to lose have I? However, you just decided to "give" me an opinion and bet against it. I have seen the Graham WR's make some hellacios catches, but like I said I have seen them miss some easy ones as well. The WR's inability to catch the football the 1st half against Brownwood is what got Graham beat, so obviously it is an issue. Look at the 1st quarter against Monahans and you the drops reappeared as well. Let me make this CLEAR, IF Graham comes out catching the football they will win this game. IF they get a case of the drops, this game will be a lot closer and could swing in the Texans favor. It wouldn’t surprise me if either happened, but I am leaning towards them being able to catch the ball. The fact of the matter is IF it snows it does not make it any easier to catch the football. Anybody who has played a position where they needed to catch the football will tell you this, however, for some reason you can’t comprehend this! Graham has had a problem running the football consistently between the tackles all season long, so until they prove me wrong DEAL WITH IT. Your red and blue colored shades that are affecting your vision is getting old.

Grahampaw I agree with you that this will affect the running game for both teams as well. Seeing as how everybody has been talking about Wimberley’s RB this might end up biting them in the butt as well.

turbostud
12-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Balcones fault

Actually I think he should have used a colon since he started the sentence with a complete idea followed by a series. The series is then separted with commas.

Example
Every football player should have: a helmet, shoulder pads, cleets, mouth piece, and a jock.

Deuce
12-04-2009, 09:05 AM
This thread is pointless. Snow will be finished by lunch, temp up to 41 during the day. There should not be any weather issues but freezing temps come game time.

Rustler
12-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Deuce
This thread is pointless. Snow will be finished by lunch, temp up to 41 during the day. There should not be any weather issues but freezing temps come game time. Radar shows moisture going around Waco currently. Keep watching!

garciap77
12-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Holy crap dude, just say Graham can't catch the ball with a fishing net. If it rains, if it snows, if it the sun is in our eyes, do you think Wimberley is the only team that is going to play ball friday?????????????? Garcia, can you or who ever , put that picture of those people whooping that dead horse back on here?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/BDH.gifhttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/BDH.gifhttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/BDH.gif

:D

wimbo_pro
12-04-2009, 10:01 AM

Good point...then weigh this against throwing and catching the ball in the weather...like i said on the other thread, hard to say who it affects more.

Steer81
12-04-2009, 12:34 PM

Hey Boss I want in on that bet too!!

Steer81
12-04-2009, 12:38 PM

That is why they call him CIRCUS!!! Makes the CIRCUS CATCH EVERYTIME!!

Z-RO
12-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Steer81
Hey Boss I want in on that bet too!!

I swear some of yalls reading comprehension makes me http://www.the-mainboard.com/forum/Smileys/default/facepalm.gif

BULLS1993
12-05-2009, 01:48 AM

against Bridgeport it looked like they could do whatever they wanted!
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Inmateboss
12-05-2009, 02:22 AM
Go ahead and suspend me for a few days because I have to say this Inmateboss you are an IDIOT. What part of all of the last 3-4 weeks have you not realized I have been pulling for Graham? Not once have I said they are going to lose have I? However, you just decided to "give" me an opinion and bet against it. I have seen the Graham WR's make some hellacios catches, but like I said I have seen them miss some easy ones as well. The WR's inability to catch the football the 1st half against Brownwood is what got Graham beat, so obviously it is an issue. Look at the 1st quarter against Monahans and you the drops reappeared as well. Let me make this CLEAR, IF Graham comes out catching the football they will win this game. IF they get a case of the drops, this game will be a lot closer and could swing in the Texans favor. It wouldn’t surprise me if either happened, but I am leaning towards them being able to catch the ball. The fact of the matter is IF it snows it does not make it any easier to catch the football. Anybody who has played a position where they needed to catch the football will tell you this, however, for some reason you can’t comprehend this! Graham has had a problem running the football consistently between the tackles all season long, so until they prove me wrong DEAL WITH IT. Your red and blue colored shades that are affecting your vision is getting old.

Grahampaw I agree with you that this will affect the running game for both teams as well. Seeing as how everybody has been talking about Wimberley’s RB this might end up biting them in the butt as well.

Some people just won't listen to me!!! YOU, DEAL WITH IT !!!!!:D

BULLS1993
12-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Some people just won't listen to me!!! YOU, DEAL WITH IT !!!!!:D

WHY. ARE. WE. FIGHTING? :confused: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Inmateboss
12-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by BULLS1993
WHY. ARE. WE. FIGHTING? :confused: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I'm happy as a peach orchard bore!!! We just won a very BIG game. I'm not mad at anyone it was a point--counterpoint thing like on TV. He was what if'en and I was hanging tough and staying positive with my GRAHAM Steers No hard feelings on my end!! He has his opinion and I have mine, It's all good.:inlove: :inlove:

And I don't have to buy him a $40.00 Lunch at the Wildcatter.:D

GO GRAHAM STEERS

Z-RO
12-05-2009, 03:42 AM
I'm happy as a peach orchard bore!!! We just won a very BIG game. I'm not mad at anyone it was a point--counterpoint thing like on TV. He was what if'en and I was hanging tough and staying positive with my GRAHAM Steers No hard feelings on my end!! He has his opinion and I have mine, It's all good.:inlove: :inlove:

And I don't have to buy him a $40.00 Lunch at the Wildcatter.:D

GO GRAHAM STEERS

They still wasnt forced to have to run the football, however, against Wimberley I think they could have done anything they wanted to. Bull1993, Graham beat B-Port by 5 points and you make it sound like they slaughtered them. Regardless Graham has a heck of a ball club when they decide to show up and play for both halfs.

trusteer/trublu
12-05-2009, 10:25 AM
They still wasnt forced to have to run the football, however, against Wimberley I think they could have done anything they wanted to. Bull1993, Graham beat B-Port by 5 points and you make it sound like they slaughtered them. Regardless Graham has a heck of a ball club when they decide to show up and play for both halfs. Z row......it appears to me that u r from Graham but are struggling with our success...or riding the fence.....we play and do what we have to, to win...no more, no less.....i have struggled with that myself but now I am just ENJOYING THE RIDE...IF U R FROM GRAHAM, try it...it' fun..:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

garciap77
12-05-2009, 10:28 AM
trusteer/trublu congrats! What can you tell me about the Stadium! Was it easy to get in, did they have stadium sits, etc.......
How cold was it?:)

Inmateboss
12-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Best in and out stadium I have ever been to!!! Home side has seats, very nice concession stands and restrooms on all 4 corners, good food and friendly people!!!! Very cold, glad the wind was calm!!

garciap77
12-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Best in and out stadium I have ever been to!!! Home side has seats, very nice concession stands and restrooms on all 4 corners, good food and friendly people!!!! Very cold, glad the wind was calm!!

Thanks!