PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs. Wharton

CheerMom
10-20-2003, 08:07 AM
I know this is over two weeks away, but with all that has happened, I am just curious which way you think this game will go?

District303aPastPlayer
10-20-2003, 10:45 AM
i hope Rice blows them out after they blew out AP a couple of weeks back. A coach from AP told me that the Wharton starters played through the middle of the 4th quarter. Wharton won 70-0... so for the sake of District 30-3A... GO RICE!

whtfbplaya
10-20-2003, 02:31 PM
I think that the blow-out thing has been talked about and it was the consensus from everyone there that wharton did not try to run up the score. wharton could have scored over 100 with ease. Ill look up the the numbers if you would like me to, but wharton ran less than 30 plays the entire game.

RAIDER96
10-20-2003, 02:42 PM
Rice will definitly have the motivation. If the QB stays healthy and Shaw heals up from his injury Friday night they will win. It will be a good game either way!

CheerMom
10-21-2003, 09:28 AM
Is it true that the AD is back? If this is the case, this game will be very interesting, indeed!

RAIDER96
10-21-2003, 11:23 AM
He is back! Monday was his first day back and the players said he is back with a vengance.

Gobbla2001
10-21-2003, 11:27 AM
I think Rice takes this game...

I also believe that Wharton didn't score in the 4th quarter via The Victoria Advocate's box score of the game... But they can always be wrong...

countrycoach
10-21-2003, 12:09 PM
where is the game?

BrahmaMom
10-21-2003, 12:20 PM
Good luck, Rice. You have a great team and deserve to get back to life as you know it. It is too bad you've had the distractions, not the team's fault, whatever may have happened. Now y'all can focus and play football. Go Rice!

CheerMom
10-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Great news about the AD!! Countrycoach, the game is in Wharton this year.

BIG19
10-21-2003, 01:18 PM
I am taking Rice by 10. Go Rice!!!

txrangers
10-21-2003, 03:46 PM
A new precedent has been set.

Coaches can now drink and scout at the same time. We can also run from the law and not be afraid to lose our jobs.

Thanks for the precedent.

Wharton by 7

bc 76
10-21-2003, 07:00 PM
I think this game will be decided on which wharton team shows up.If those kids come into the game with there head on straight and play some dicipline football they are capable of beating anybody even rice.For wharton to win this game they will have to slow down the rice running game and they are capable of doing this.I have been hard on this team along with alot of other posters on here but if you have never seen this team play before there size & speed are awsome so much talent on one team is unreal even for a 4a team.I think gobbla2001 has seen wharton play and when they are on they can pick there score.

Gobbla2001
10-21-2003, 07:13 PM
bc 76:
I think this game will be decided on which wharton team shows up.If those kids come into the game with there head on straight and play some dicipline football they are capable of beating anybody even rice.For wharton to win this game they will have to slow down the rice running game and they are capable of doing this.I have been hard on this team along with alot of other posters on here but if you have never seen this team play before there size & speed are awsome so much talent on one team is unreal even for a 4a team.I think gobbla2001 has seen wharton play and when they are on they can pick there score.I've seen both Rice and Wharton play... I think it's a good match-up so I just had to flip a coin...

I saw Wharton play last year and a lot of those guys are back... If Wharton gets rolling they'll win, but if Rice gets rolling they'll win, and if both get rolling it could go on all night...

That's what I was thinking, so I just flipped a coin in my head...

LogieJoeBean001
10-22-2003, 11:33 AM
I'm with you on the "precedent" thing, txrangers. What a fine example to set for our VERY impressionable young people. No wonder so many kids have so many problems if this is the kind of role models they have to look up to. Is winning football games worth it? Some in our society sure put an awfully low price on integrity, honesty and the idea of just "doing the right thing"!!!!!

RAIDER96
10-22-2003, 12:59 PM
First, he is not charged with drinking(anywhere)so was he? Can you prove he was? 2nd , I know the majority of parents and high school kids support him although everyone agrees he was wrong for driving off and should be punished they also think he deserves a second chance and should not lose his job.The courts might settle all of this for us anyway. Until then he's our coach!This has been talked about enough in the past...lets get on with playing football. Oh one more thing thats on my mind....sorry but I have to ask....What are they going to do with that stupid cop that tried to be Clint Eastwood? Doesn't he know what his radio is for? Thats all!

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 01:03 PM
RAIDER96:
First, he is not charged with drinking(anywhere)so was he? Can you prove he was? 2nd , I know the majority of parents and high school kids support him although everyone agrees he was wrong for driving off and should be punished they also think he deserves a second chance and should not lose his job.The courts might settle all of this for us anyway. Until then he's our coach!This has been talked about enough in the past...lets get on with playing football. Oh one more thing thats on my mind....sorry but I have to ask....What are they going to do with that stupid cop that tried to be Clint Eastwood? Doesn't he know what his radio is for? Thats all!FACT: He's the law...

FACT: I believe Roark is innocent until proven guilty, but you're wrong, he has been charged with the drinking etc...

FACT: If you wanna put down the officer for not knowing what his radio is for, you leave the line 'Roark doesn't know where is break is' WIDDDDDDDE open...

I'm sorry, Rice fans, but with that attitude, this is a contest that you can't win...

Now take care of football Rice, stop worry about talking about your coach, the law, hopefully, will take care of it...

Now 'Go Rice' and get that title...

<small>[ October 22, 2003, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

CheerMom
10-22-2003, 01:27 PM
The Rice fans are not the ones who keep bringing up Coach Roark. He, along with everyone else is ready to move forward. People make mistakes, they take the punishment, they learn from it and they move on. Everyone else on this board needs to learn to move on.

coiled2strike
10-22-2003, 01:31 PM
Rice 35
Wharton 21
The Rice secondary must contain the very fast receivers of Wharton and stop the big play.

<small>[ October 22, 2003, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: coiled2strike ]</small>

RAIDER96
10-22-2003, 04:08 PM
CheerMom:
The Rice fans are not the ones who keep bringing up Coach Roark. He, along with everyone else is ready to move forward. People make mistakes, they take the punishment, they learn from it and they move on. Everyone else on this board needs to learn to move on.THANKS CHEERMOM ! LETS MOVE ON!

BrahmaMom
10-22-2003, 04:51 PM
You go, CheerMom! Enough is enough. Let the courts and the school board handle it and let these kids play ball!

rodeo6
10-23-2003, 10:56 AM
If both teams play there best ball on that night.This game could be as good as the bellville/rice game with rice winning by 7.

rodeo6
10-23-2003, 11:01 AM
Rice has a very good defensive front that penetrate into the backfeild like an explosion. They are small but very quick and strong.

luv ya rice
10-23-2003, 12:37 PM
GOOD LUCK RICE!!!!
I KNOW YA'LL CAN GET BUSINESS DONE ON THE FIELD!!! DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE PAST!!!
------------------
!!!GO RICE!!!! wink

Bongo
10-23-2003, 01:35 PM
Got to go with Rice 28 Wharton 14.
Nothing against Wharton, but I have a healthy respect for Rice and what they can do.

mike_jones_2k3
10-24-2003, 11:28 AM
Wharton has very explosive offense but i dont think they can over come the swarm from the raider defense. Rice 35
Wharton 7 : :D :D :D

Dugoutcoach
10-24-2003, 03:19 PM
The veteran policeman was attempting to keep from possibly falling down and getting run over by Roark speeding away from the scene when he jumped on the running board, it was a self-preservation reaction. He then hoped that the driver (Roark) would have the sensibility and respect for law enforcement officers (that we try and teach our children with the supposed help of our school coaches and teachers) to make the right decision to stop and deal with the situation like 99.9% of the fans at the game would have done! I do not want my children exposed to someone that has no respect for the law and the individuals who put their life on the line trying to uphold it! It sounds like some of you feel diffent, I feel sorry for your children and the message your support of this "community leader" is sending to them!