PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Hoops

Johnny Utah
12-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Beat Smithville 57 to 47. High point was William McQ with 21! Look out for the Tigers!!

HEMOTOXIC
12-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Speaking of hoops, check out D24.

TABC Rankings:

Girls:
#1 Bryan Rudder
#5 Madisonville
#9 Navasota

Boys:
#9 Navasota
#18 Bryan Rudder
#23 Madisonville

navscanmaster
12-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Speaking of hoops, check out D24.

TABC Rankings:

Girls:
#1 Bryan Rudder
#5 Madisonville
#9 Navasota

Boys:
#9 Navasota
#18 Bryan Rudder
#23 Madisonville

Awesome! I see Navasota got one practice in before beating Hearne 85-55!

Johnny Utah
12-02-2009, 07:23 PM
When I was at Rockdale we would play Navasota in non-district. I remember one year we went over there. Sat in the stands in awe of the athleticism on the floor. Watched them pound Rockdale by 15 or more. Look in the paper the following week, and Navasota was beaten by ANDERSON SHIRO!!!! Those were the days!! Mr. Dacus could flat out coach(still can) and his former player is no slouch himself and doing a great job with the rattlers. Watch out for that Madisonville coach....sneaky good!

navscanmaster
12-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
When I was at Rockdale we would play Navasota in non-district. I remember one year we went over there. Sat in the stands in awe of the athleticism on the floor. Watched them pound Rockdale by 15 or more. Look in the paper the following week, and Navasota was beaten by ANDERSON SHIRO!!!! Those were the days!! Mr. Dacus could flat out coach(still can) and his former player is no slouch himself and doing a great job with the rattlers. Watch out for that Madisonville coach....sneaky good!

Anderson-Shiro has always been a force in 1A. In 2A, not so much, though they are always in the contention for a playoff spot.

Yoe_09
12-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Should be an interesting year for basketball in D24. I dont really know much about our bb team but I dont think they're that great but who knows, lets just move on the February and play some baseball.

mwynn05
12-02-2009, 09:34 PM
When I was at Rockdale we would play Navasota in non-district. I remember one year we went over there. Sat in the stands in awe of the athleticism on the floor. Watched them pound Rockdale by 15 or more. Look in the paper the following week, and Navasota was beaten by ANDERSON SHIRO!!!! Those were the days!! Mr. Dacus could flat out coach(still can) and his former player is no slouch himself and doing a great job with the rattlers. Watch out for that Madisonville coach....sneaky good! only cause you had something to do with it haha

HEMOTOXIC
12-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Girls: Rudder will be tough as they added two good move ins. Madisonville returns a good part of their district champion team from a year ago. Navasota will be tough as usual but still will have to find more offense if they want to contend with Rudder and Madisonville for the district title.

Boys: This will probably come down to the final week like football. Look for Navasota to lead the pack. Rudder wil be good and will challenge Navasota for the championship trophy. Madisonville/Rockdale/Cameron Yoe will challenge for the final playoff spot.

Dacus is a great coach! I played for him while in high school and the man knows his stuff. And, he and his wife are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

NastySlot
12-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Girls: Rudder will be tough as they added two good move ins. Madisonville returns a good part of their district champion team from a year ago. Navasota will be tough as usual but still will have to find more offense if they want to contend with Rudder and Madisonville for the district title.

Boys: This will probably come down to the final week like football. Look for Navasota to lead the pack. Rudder wil be good and will challenge Navasota for the championship trophy. Madisonville/Rockdale/Cameron Yoe will challenge for the final playoff spot.

Dacus is a great coach! I played for him while in high school and the man knows his stuff. And, he and his wife are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

second time i've heard about rudders move ins...i think another site said they got three move ins-----know where they moved in from

Johnny Utah
12-03-2009, 10:05 AM
mywnn---the losing was all my doing....you know that!! LOL

venomous tat2
12-03-2009, 10:59 AM

Thanks Utah I always thought you hated Navasota guess mabyee I was wrong :D . This years team will be better than last years team , Jr class is strong my JV went 19-2 losing to Bryan High by 10 and Huntsville by 2 both in their tournaments. the guys off of JV 7 of them will be a big help for depth they can flat out run .

venomous tat2
12-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
second time i've heard about rudders move ins...i think another site said they got three move ins-----know where they moved in from

2 of them are from Oakwood and one or both of them is all state from last year.

Rabid Cougar
12-03-2009, 03:12 PM
In my day Snook Bluejays would beat both Rockdale,Navasota and anyone else that stepped on the floor with them..

navscanmaster
12-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
In my day Snook Bluejays would beat both Rockdale,Navasota and anyone else that stepped on the floor with them..

There was a time, for sure. They could flat out play the game of basketball.