PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Season Observations

Bullaholic
12-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Seems like the 2009 season was a relatively quiet year as far as UIL controversies go---very few "moved for athletic purposes" cases and few "inellgible player" sanctions, and no foreits that I know of. No seasons cut short due to natural or man-made disasters. Seems like most fans were well behaved and there were not too many games called due to rioting. Seems like not many players got into serious legal troubles, either. There was 1 reported instance of game official no-shows. All in all--a very good season with a few playoff surprises---but there always are every year.

I'm not trying to draw the curtain on the 2009 season---we still have a few playoff games to go before the season is completely over, and I hope everyone will give the teams still playing all the attention that they justly deserve. If they go like the rest of the season, all should be well.

GATAPride77
12-01-2009, 03:38 PM
2010 has potential to be interesting if the UIL takes over the officiating as they are planning. Lots of experienced officials will be hanging it up.