PDA

View Full Version : Wylie Bulldogs...Is this our year?

tank96
12-01-2009, 10:21 AM
2 years ago we knocked, last year we beat, this year we are gonna kick the #@%& door down!"(Bum Phillips).

garciap77
12-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by tank96
2 years ago we knocked, last year we beat, this year we are gonna kick the #@%& door down!"(Bum Phillips).

If we play with no mistakes, Bulldogs win!:clap: :clap: :clap:

ivchris
12-01-2009, 10:34 AM
yes

Lion_Addict
12-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by garciap77

:iagree: Get 'em........ http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-violent016.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

nobogey72
12-01-2009, 10:57 AM
I think that at this stage of the year everyone has good athletes, good coaches and has the ability to win it all if everything goes well. To me the difference is all the intangibles. There is something about the chemistry on this years Wylie team that gives me a good feeling. On paper we probably won't match up well with LL due to their size and speed. However, I like our chances. There is something to be said for a coaching staff that has the experience that ours does. They have won it all before and know what it takes, and I feel really confident that they will have the kids prepared with a great plan. :) :)

garciap77
12-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
:iagree: Get 'em........ http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-violent016.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Thanks! Where have you been?

Pendragon13
12-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I think that at this stage of the year everyone has good athletes, good coaches and has the ability to win it all if everything goes well. To me the difference is all the intangibles. There is something about the chemistry on this years Wylie team that gives me a good feeling. On paper we probably won't match up well with LL due to their size and speed. However, I like our chances. There is something to be said for a coaching staff that has the experience that ours does. They have won it all before and know what it takes, and I feel really confident that they will have the kids prepared with a great plan. :) :) Being outsized and outspeeded (on paper) is nothing new for this team...but facing a team running the same basic style of offense/defense and with the coaching/drive to win is. LL may not have any history, but you can bet that their kids/coaches want to start it off in a big way..:eek:

LionFan72
12-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Expectations are high, preparartion is the key, dedication and willpower to bring home the trophy makes the Bulldogs my pick this year. The toughest district in 3A! Never under estimate the opponet, slam the leopards, then baste the gobblers, have a feeling Gilmer gets what is coming to them this week. GO Bulldogs!

Rocket
12-01-2009, 11:35 PM
If Wylie doesn't win it all, they suck.

Daddy D 11
12-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

HAHA:clap:

Pendragon13
12-02-2009, 02:20 AM
If Wylie doesn't win it all, they suck. Excellent point. Lets see if I have Rocket logic right..

You claim that if Graham wins state then Brownwood wins it because they beat Graham...right? Ok then..since Wylie beat Brownwood does that mean we have a chance to win Div1 and Div2 state championships?:thinking: :D

squid
12-02-2009, 06:48 AM
I believe if we play really well and score more points than our opponents, then we will win.

http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/andrew/4_mar07/captainobvious.jpg

ivchris
12-02-2009, 08:45 AM

AND, they still beat Brownwood.

Rocket
12-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Excellent point. Lets see if I have Rocket logic right..

You claim that if Graham wins state then Brownwood wins it because they beat Graham...right? Ok then..since Wylie beat Brownwood does that mean we have a chance to win Div1 and Div2 state championships?:thinking: :D

Well that logic would hold true if you think that way (LHPM). I usually go to heads up to decide who beats who. Unless its last week and the case being that Brownwood beat Brownwood.

TheDOCTORdre
12-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Excellent point. Lets see if I have Rocket logic right..

Well by that logic wouldn't Graham have claim to the DI championship since the beat Wylie??? Either way 2-3a is the best in the state

Rocket
12-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Well by that logic wouldn't Graham have claim to the DI championship since the beat Wylie??? Either way 2-3a is the best in the state

True. If Graham or Wylie wins it all, then all 3 2-3A teams hold claim to the state title. That is gonna be alot of rings!

garciap77
12-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by ivchris
AND, they still beat Brownwood.

That's right! Wylie beat "Air" oops! I mean Brownwood!:D

;)

Rocket
12-02-2009, 12:12 PM
That's right! Wylie beat "Air" oops! I mean Brownwood!:D

;)

And Wylie lost to Graham? LOL and Graham lost to Air. LOL

Rocket
12-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Truth about Tiger Woods comes out. Sad day. Garcia, you home wrecker.
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/tiger_garcia.jpg

blowfish
12-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Okay here is my theory..... I didnt miss a playoff game home or away the last three years, not including this season. I didnt go to the '04 state game and we won.

I havent been to a game home or away this season since Breckenridge because of my surgery, and I wont be able to go this week. So we should win this game easily.

My delima is after we win this week should I go to the Championship game is the doctor will let me.

Dont tell anyone but I am going if we make it to State!

GO DAWGS!!!

garciap77
12-02-2009, 01:06 PM
:lies: :lies: :lies:

Truth about Tiger Woods comes out. Sad day. Garcia, you home wrecker.
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/tiger_garcia.jpg

Truth! Truth! Truth!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/YesImGayRocket.jpg

:D

Old Tiger
12-02-2009, 01:12 PM
IMO it will be either Cuero or Gilmer.

aggiemac
12-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I think that at this stage of the year everyone has good athletes, good coaches and has the ability to win it all if everything goes well. To me the difference is all the intangibles. There is something about the chemistry on this years Wylie team that gives me a good feeling. On paper we probably won't match up well with LL due to their size and speed. However, I like our chances. There is something to be said for a coaching staff that has the experience that ours does. They have won it all before and know what it takes, and I feel really confident that they will have the kids prepared with a great plan. :) :)

This group of seniors have had "it" since they were in Elementary. I taught many of them before I moved and they have always been a close knit and coachable group. At this point, every team is good and the team with the fewest mistakes usually advances. A few times different regional winners simply out athlete other regional champs but this isn't the case. Good luck to the Bulldogs!

Charlie47
12-02-2009, 02:54 PM
This may well be your year/game. However, I truly hope it's not.
After all, you guys have so many big wins, give little ol' Lovejoy
a shot.:D ;)

ccmom
12-02-2009, 03:12 PM
NM....I messed that up!

ccmom
12-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
This may well be your year/game. However, I truly hope it's not.
After all, you guys have so many big wins, give little ol' Lovejoy
a shot.:D ;)

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp19/ccmom90/sorry-charlie.jpg

LL might win the game, but they'll have to earn it! ;)

Ranger Mom
12-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ccmom

YAY!!!!! That was good!!!:thumbsup:

Charlie47
12-02-2009, 03:20 PM

Well maybe we'll do that too, notice maybe. No smack, just fact! ;) :D :clap:

ccmom
12-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Well maybe we'll do that too, notice maybe. No smack, just fact! ;) :D :clap:

"Maybe"=fact in Lovejoy Leopard land? :confused: Interesting concept! ;)

Charlie47
12-02-2009, 04:14 PM
"Maybe"=fact in Lovejoy Leopard land? :confused: Interesting concept! ;)

Hey Nice Lady,
Try it so time, it's amazing!:D ;) :eek:

ccmom
12-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
YAY!!!!! That was good!!!:thumbsup:

I'm glad you noticed!! :) That was my very first attempt at posting a pic. I feel like such a grown up....not! :D

garciap77
12-02-2009, 04:22 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice pic!

tank96
12-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Has anybody watched film of this Lovejoy team or been to a game and noticed how every time they make a play they act like they have won the super bowl.....I know Lovejoy fans will say they are just excited but I'm sorry....That's not the way I see those kind of displays.

We don't play like that and most of the teams we play handle their emotions with maturity and respect for the other team. One play at a time...giving it everything we've got. No show boatin or chest beatin' or trash takin' or pointin' at the crowd.. Just bring your best and we will find a way to handle it.
I read a quote from Roger Staubach and he said the reason he didn't celebrate after scores was because he knew he had to do it again the next series and the game wasn't over yet.. a workman mentality. That's the way Wylie plays...we have a job to do and we will do it till the final buzzer! I am proud of the way Wylie plays ball and I'm glad we don't have to make excuses for the way our boys behave...on or off the field!

It just bothers me to see high school players act like those overpaid, spoiled brat show offs in the NFL.
Anybody else feel that way?

Here's the last thing I've got to say: Strap your helmets on tight and check your ego at the house cuz' Lovejoy.....WE ARE GOING TO BRING IT!!!
GO DAWGS IT'S OUR YEAR!

You know what they say: "opinions are like navels everybody has one!"

Deuce
12-04-2009, 02:02 PM
I like to see these young men get excited when they make a play. At this level thats what it is all about IMO. Now when it happens at the higher levels i see your point. JMO!

Charlie47
12-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Has anybody watched film of this Lovejoy team or been to a game and noticed how every time they make a play they act like they have won the super bowl.....I know Lovejoy fans will say they are just excited but I'm sorry....That's not the way I see those kind of displays.

We don't play like that and most of the teams we play handle their emotions with maturity and respect for the other team. One play at a time...giving it everything we've got. No show boatin or chest beatin' or trash takin' or pointin' at the crowd.. Just bring your best and we will find a way to handle it.
I read a quote from Roger Staubach and he said the reason he didn't celebrate after scores was because he knew he had to do it again the next series and the game wasn't over yet.. a workman mentality. That's the way Wylie plays...we have a job to do and we will do it till the final buzzer! I am proud of the way Wylie plays ball and I'm glad we don't have to make excuses for the way our boys behave...on or off the field!

It just bothers me to see high school players act like those overpaid, spoiled brat show offs in the NFL.
Anybody else feel that way?

Here's the last thing I've got to say: Strap your helmets on tight and check your ego at the house cuz' Lovejoy.....WE ARE GOING TO BRING IT!!!
GO DAWGS IT'S OUR YEAR!

You know what they say: "opinions are like navels everybody has one!"

Tank, please tell me how youm think this will improve relationships
between our two communites. I've met byway of the forum, people I would love to meet in person, CCMOM(NiceLady), Garcia, Nobogey,
However, I'd rather not waist my time with you.

There is noting you has said to make this game better. I'm truly sorry this has come up!:( :( :(

I really do like the statement in your signature. I would reread it
if I were you. To the friends from Abilene that I've met on here,
I apologize to you for having to express my disappointment.

tank96
12-05-2009, 08:26 AM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :taunt: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

squid
12-05-2009, 09:19 AM
hey Charlie, just some advice......this is the internet. Anybody can say anything, trash and smack talk is the norm, 'specially since most people post behind a screen name only and dont worry about folks knowing who they really are.

You're just asking to be E-slammed by posts like your last one...

Charlie47
12-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by squid
hey Charlie, just some advice......this is the internet. Anybody can say anything, trash and smack talk is the norm, 'specially since most people post behind a screen name only and dont worry about folks knowing who they really are.

You're just asking to be E-slammed by posts like your last one...

Hi squid,
Yeah, I know that, but I also have the right to let this Abilene
guy know he's an irrelevant jerk. If you go to the game, please be safe. :)

squid
12-05-2009, 11:28 AM
he's an irrelevant jerk.

you cant throw a rock on an internet forum without hitting one of those.......

cr180t
12-05-2009, 11:35 AM
So you can post and no one knows who you are? lol

squid
12-05-2009, 11:38 AM
uhhh yeah. Betcha if Congress enacted some law that required all internet forums to use only real names and IP addresses, you'd see a 99% drop off in forum postings.

cr180t
12-05-2009, 11:39 AM
I should have left my name off my first posts then oh well

Charlie47
12-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by squid
uhhh yeah. Betcha if Congress enacted some law that required all internet forums to use only real names and IP addresses, you'd see a 99% drop off in forum postings.

I'm using my real name, born in 1947.;) :rolleyes:

tank96
12-06-2009, 10:37 AM
But unlike the past two years, when Wylie had to watch its semifinals opponents celebrate at midfield following dramatic wins, it was the Bulldogs who did so Saturday.

“Hats off to (Lovejoy) they played a great game, and we know what it feels like to be in their position,” said Preston, who passed for 153 yards and a touchdown and ran for 65 yards on 12 carries. “But we couldn’t worry about that. We had to understand that this is a new team and this is a new year. We did that tonight.

We can close this thread...The answer to the question is: YES!!!!

BuckeyeNut
12-06-2009, 10:50 AM

We play with mistakes and still win :D :D

BDB
12-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
We play with mistakes and still win :D :D

We did too :D

Charlie47
12-06-2009, 11:14 AM
But unlike the past two years, when Wylie had to watch its semifinals opponents celebrate at midfield following dramatic wins, it was the Bulldogs who did so Saturday.

“Hats off to (Lovejoy) they played a great game, and we know what it feels like to be in their position,” said Preston, who passed for 153 yards and a touchdown and ran for 65 yards on 12 carries. “But we couldn’t worry about that. We had to understand that this is a new team and this is a new year. We did that tonight.

We can close this thread...The answer to the question is: YES!!!!

Thank-you Tank96,
You're a pleasant surprize. :clap:
I'm very happy to be a Lovejoy Leopard. We may get to do this again. We return all of our skill players.:D

Inmateboss
12-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
I like to see these young men get excited when they make a play. At this level thats what it is all about IMO. Now when it happens at the higher levels i see your point. JMO!

Deuce, I'm with you on this!!! These young men are in high school and I feel too many people want them to go around acting like their at a British Gentlemans Club!! Taunting is a different matter, than being pumped up. We as a society have it backwards, why do we want our kids to behave like men and the men to behave like kids????? If you celebrate on the field in high school it's taunting and a fine line is drawn as to when it is crossed. Thats just not right. If you get paid millions of dollars and do it, well, aren't you just doing your job.
We stand on the sidelines with Train horns, in the seats with Bells, horns,etc...., the Band playing full tilt, fans screaming, and we expect these HS boys to just turn it off??? I say "hell no let 'em go"!

garciap77
12-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
So you can post and no one knows who you are? lol

Come On Now!!!! "Black Magic" does it all the time!:D

;)

Pendragon13
12-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Is there any doubt left that 2-3A is the toughest 3A district in the state?:D

slingshot
12-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Is there any doubt left that 2-3A is the toughest 3A district in the state?:D No...

StangEm
12-07-2009, 11:06 AM

This sounds kinda "Tim Tebow-esque"

DaHop72
12-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
I should have left my name off my first posts then oh well Sure am glad I've never put my name in my post. :devil: :devil:

95mustang
12-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Come On Now!!!! "Black Magic" does it all the time!:D

;)

:clap: :clap: thats funny.