PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer & Cuero, meet & greet?

j_dog
12-01-2009, 12:25 AM
I volunteer to be the meet & greet coordinator since I live in Huntsville.

Where:
A good place to meet is at the north end near that ticket gate. (That is the end where the scoreboard is.)

When:
Halftime.

If anyone wants to get together, send me a pm. Include your your cell number if you wish. I will meet you at the north gate near the ticket booth, or perhaps we could meet up before the game if you wish.

I am really looking forward to this game. Both teams have a great football history and this game should be one for the ages.

Maroon87
12-01-2009, 12:28 AM
I'm about 80% certain I will be at the game. I'd definitely be up for a M&G...

j_dog
12-01-2009, 12:28 AM
If anyone wants info on eating places, tell me what you like and I will tell you what I know.

Huntsville has a good range of eating places ranging from BBQ to Mexican, along with a couple of Aisan places that are pretty good.

eagles_victory
12-01-2009, 12:51 AM
I want to come to this game but the people who I can stay with in Huntsville never caught on when I was trying to invite myself to stay at their place so I might have to sit this one out.

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 12:58 AM
j-dog, i will be at this game. i don't know how early i will be, but i'm up for a haltime m&g.

gobblerfan02
12-01-2009, 01:36 AM
I have a dilemma...go to the game, or stay in SA and study for my dental gross anatomy final that I have the next Tuesday?

...decisions decisions! I might hafta listen to this one by radio and cell phone updates!

TOPS1435
12-01-2009, 01:42 AM
You make it tough on a gal, but I will try to get there by the second part of the half, after the Buckeye Band and Stars march.

easttexas3a
12-01-2009, 03:19 AM
I'll be at the game, have only missed a few this year cause we were playing some bad teams. However, I doubt I can do the M&G I am just too into it when I am at the game to conversate with people lol.

What will be interesting to me is to see if the stands will be packed, be cool to have 15,000 there.

gobbler grad
12-01-2009, 05:27 AM
i'm up for it...:thinking:

lostaussie
12-01-2009, 06:47 AM
I will only be available before the game

lostaussie
12-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
If anyone wants info on eating places, tell me what you like and I will tell you what I know.

Huntsville hash a good range of eating places ranging from BBQ to Mexican, along with a couple of Aisan places that are pretty good. Hooters or somethind similiar, Chilis, Fridays, somewhere close to stadium?? Doesn't have to be a chain either. A place like George's in Waco would be great.

44INAROW
12-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I will only be available before the game

me too (for the same reason) :D :D

maybe we can do both - those that can do before, meet before - those that want to do halftime - do halftime.. works for me :) j_dog - can you do both?

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Hooters or somethind similiar, Chilis, Fridays, somewhere close to stadium?? Doesn't have to be a chain either. A place like George's in Waco would be great. There is nothing like that close to the stadium, but Huntsville isn't that big so it really shouldn't be a problem getting to the stadium.

I could plan to do both if you weines won't get out of stands at half.

lostaussie
12-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
There is nothing like that close to the stadium, but Huntsville isn't that big so it really shouldn't be a problem getting to the stadium.

I could plan to do both if you weines won't get out of stands at half. So tell me where to eat Mrs. Mean Girl!!!

Old Green
12-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Hooters or somethind similiar, Chilis, Fridays, somewhere close to stadium?? Doesn't have to be a chain either. A place like George's in Waco would be great. dang!! I wish I didn't have to be in San Antonio saturday. I would have liked to meet up with you guys:(

OldBison75
12-01-2009, 10:01 AM
i plan on being there and can be at one or both. Just a note to all, I thought we had a M&G at the Navasota Gilmer game last week and stood under the scoreboard at Lufkin the whole halftime. It was sure lonely!!!! But, I talked to myself and analyzed the game to that point. I just figured that the Gilmer folks were shocked the game was tied and Navasota was playing so well at that point and did not know how to respond.(I'm kidding)

Let me know the when's and where's and I'll try to be at one or both. Thanks and I look forward to meeting you folks.

poisoned10
12-01-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm down for the halftime M&G.

rojosgirl
12-01-2009, 10:57 AM
I'd rather do a M & G before the game. Too much going on at halftime. As far as food goes, we're gonna try the BBQ at New Zion Missionary Baptist church before the game. We hear it's YUMMY! It's south of the stadium and located on Montgomery Road. Closes @ 3:00.

j_dog
12-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I have a dilemma...go to the game, or stay in SA and study for my dental gross anatomy final that I have the next Tuesday?

...decisions decisions! I might hafta listen to this one by radio and cell phone updates!
you have to set priorities. there will ALWAYS be another exam to study for. :)

Maroon87
12-01-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm up for whatever...I could do pre-game or halftime. Or both.

44INAROW
12-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
I'd rather do a M & G before the game. Too much going on at halftime. As far as food goes, we're gonna try the BBQ at New Zion Missionary Baptist church before the game. We hear it's YUMMY! It's south of the stadium and located on Montgomery Road. Closes @ 3:00.

that's where Chad (middle44) said to go.. Not sure if we'll be there by 3:00 ggrrr I am sure we'll figure something out

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 11:15 AM
So tell me where to eat Mrs. Mean Girl!!! The last time we were there some of us ate at some BBQ place j_dog recommended. It was good, but the New Zion Church has amazing BBQ!!!!

I'll let j_dog take over since he lives there. Just tell me when & where to show up. I'd like to be at the stadium by 4:30 at the latest. :nerd:

j_dog
12-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Let's do both eating before the game, and M&G at halftime for those who can make it.

Margarita's out on I45 would probably be the easiest for everyone to find. It is a local Mexican food place with a variety of food. Plenty of space, and conveniently located.

Here is the link to their website for directions.

http://www.bing.com/local/details.aspx?lid=YN846x17557830&qt=yp&what=margaritas&where=Huntsville%2c+Texas&s_cid=ansPhBkYp02&mkt=en-us&q=margaritas%2c+huntsville%2c+texas

It is easy to get there for you folks coming up I45 from Houston. Coming from the north it is a bit trickier. The restaurant fronts on a one-way feeder road. So from the north, the best way to get there is to cross over the freeway onto Montgomery Road and drive to Ellis Drive. Turn right and soon you will see a sign that takes you a back way to the restaurant.

After you eat, Montgomery Road that you can see on their map leads directly to the stadium.

I can eat at any time. You folks driving in from out of town tell me what time you want to meet there. After I get some responses, I will post a time. Post here if you intend to eat with us and I will get a table set up for us. This is a large place so they should be able to accommodate as large a group as you may be.

Ranger Mom
12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Let's do both eating before the game, and M&G at halftime for those who can make it.

Margarita's out on I45 would probably be the easiest for everyone to find. It is a local Mexican food place with a variety of food. Plenty of space, and conveniently located.

http://www.bing.com/local/details.aspx?lid=YN846x17557830&qt=yp&what=margaritas&where=Huntsville%2c+Texas&s_cid=ansPhBkYp02&mkt=en-us&q=margaritas%2c+huntsville%2c+texas

It is easy to get there for you folks coming up I45 from Houston. Coming from the north it is a bit trickier. The restaurant fronts on a one-way feeder road. So from the north, the best way to get there is to cross over the freeway onto Montgomery Road and drive to Ellis Drive. Turn right and soon you will see a sign that takes you a back way to the restaurant.

After you eat, Montgomery Road that you can see on their map leads directly to the stadium.

I can eat at any time. You folks driving in from out of town tell me what time you want to meet there. After I get some responses, I will post a time. Post here if you intend to eat with us and I will get a table set up for us. This is a large place so they should be able to accommodate as large a group as you may be.

That is the kind of M&G organization I like!!!!:2thumbsup

Sure wish I could be at this game!!

Buckeye1980
12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Humphreys Bar and Grill 1930 Sam Houston Ave
McKenzies Bar-B-Que 1706 11th St

Buckeye1980
12-01-2009, 11:26 AM
http://www.huntsvilletexas.com/dining-choices.htm

44INAROW
12-01-2009, 11:31 AM

this sounds good for me :) I'll have at least 4 folks :) we'll be coming in from 105 or Roans Prairie.. do we go N or S on feeder road?

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sure wish I could be at this game!! I wish you could be there too! :(

j_dog
12-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
It is not bad. Not nearly as good as Bob's BBQ in San Antonio, but not bad. It is certainly worth a check to see if it rocks your boat.

It got a write-up in some magazine the last year or so. I think it was Texas Montly. I think its biggest claim to fame is the fact that it is volunteers cooking for their church.

p.s. It is mostly a take-out operation so would not be good for the M&G.

j_dog
12-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
http://www.huntsvilletexas.com/dining-choices.htm
As you can see from this list, no one should go hungry in Huntsville!

If you are not doing the M&G and want to eat close to the stadium I really like Zach's which is on the list. They make a pretty good hamburger. Humphrey's, Fatboys, and Tops & Bottoms do also.

McKenzies on 11th (Hwy 30) is also good for BBQ. Okay, but not as good on the hamburger side, IMO.

j_dog
12-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
this sounds good for me :) I'll have at least 4 folks :) we'll be coming in from 105 or Roans Prairie.. do we go N or S on feeder road?
From where Hwy 30 (Roans Prairie) crosses I45 go south on the feeder road, and take the SECOND overpass. Or, you can get on the Fwy and take the first exit and then cross over.

105? 105 goes through Conroe. From Conroe you would be going north and would be on the correct side when you exit.

j_dog
12-01-2009, 12:32 PM
......... I'd like to be at the stadium by 4:30 at the latest. :nerd:

Good point. The game starts at 6:00. I too would like to get to the stadium by at least 5:00 or so.

Let's shoot for a 3:15 meet at Margaritas Restaurant. That will leave plenty time to eat AND visit. If you are running later you can still join in. We can individually decide when we want to got to the game.

Just tell the waiter that you want to join the Downlow group. I think that is enough organization. :D

btw, the last time I was there with a group they added the gratuity to the check automatically. That is good, keeps everything simple and no one gets shorted.

j_dog
12-01-2009, 12:34 PM
....Sure wish I could be at this game!!
Never know about a game, but this M&G is going to be AWESOME! ;) Well P4S will be there. What more can you ask?

Old Tiger
12-01-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm about 60% sure I'll be coming to this game instead of the Lovejoy/Wylie game.

I'll be wearing a Gilmer shirt because that is the only team shirt I have that is playing in this game. If a Cuero fan would like to bring me a shirt to wear over the Gilmer shirt then I'll be happy to wear it.

44INAROW
12-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I'm about 60% sure I'll be coming to this game instead of the Lovejoy/Wylie game.

I'll be wearing a Gilmer shirt because that is the only team shirt I have that is playing in this game. If a Cuero fan would like to bring me a shirt to wear over the Gilmer shirt then I'll be happy to wear it.

I'll bring a shirt if you will be at the pre-game M&G what size?

Old Tiger
12-01-2009, 12:52 PM
I'll bring a shirt if you will be at the pre-game M&G what size? There is a pre-game M&G, where? I'd say a large shirt....free?

j_dog
12-01-2009, 12:55 PM
......I'll be wearing a Gilmer shirt because that is the only team shirt I have that is playing in this game. If a Cuero fan would like to bring me a shirt to wear over the Gilmer shirt then I'll be happy to wear it.
Interesting. I think I will wear my Jasper Football shirt. That is how you can know me. ;)

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 12:56 PM
There is a pre-game M&G, where? I'd say a large shirt....free? LOL gotta love Casey.

You should come watch Sinton play in San Antonio on Friday. :)

j_dog
12-01-2009, 12:57 PM
There is a pre-game M&G, where? I'd say a large shirt....free?
Read this whole thread. Margaritas, 3:15 until you decide to leave for the game.

Old Tiger
12-01-2009, 12:57 PM
LOL gotta love Casey.

You should come watch Sinton play in San Antonio on Friday. :) money is tight...pops works in college station friday so we'll most likely go from his work to Huntsville.

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Never know about a game, but this M&G is going to be AWESOME! ;) Well P4S will be there. What more can you ask? haha you are too kind. :)

Old Tiger - who is playing in Huntsville Friday night? :confused:

Old Tiger
12-01-2009, 02:57 PM
haha you are too kind. :)

Old Tiger - who is playing in Huntsville Friday night? :confused: crap...my head and days are messed up. I give up

44INAROW
12-01-2009, 03:00 PM
I think Mr44 and our other passenger will probably drop Lil44 and I off at Margaritas and they will head for "parts unknown" I might need to catch a ride to the game from there - Hope someone can help me out:p If necessary, they'll stay (they might stay at Margaritas anyway, but I am trying to cover all my bases)

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 03:10 PM
I think Mr44 and our other passenger will probably drop Lil44 and I off at Margaritas and they will head for "parts unknown" I might need to catch a ride to the game from there - Hope someone can help me out:p If necessary, they'll stay (they might stay at Margaritas anyway, but I am trying to cover all my bases) I will give you a ride to the game. We can gossip on the way. :D I have decided to be true to my region and sit with the fine folks of Cuero. This does not mean, I won't also cheer for Gilmer, but I will do so as quietly as I can. :p

Old Tiger
12-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I will give you a ride to the game. We can gossip on the way. :D I have decided to be true to my region and sit with the fine folks of Cuero. This does not mean, I won't also cheer for Gilmer, but I will do so as quietly as I can. :p are you going to go to 21 and go all the way to bryan?

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 03:13 PM
are you going to go to 21 and go all the way to bryan? Why would I do that? I will be coming in on I-45.

Old Tiger
12-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Why would I do that? I will be coming in on I-45. idk?

44INAROW
12-01-2009, 03:46 PM
I will give you a ride to the game. We can gossip on the way. :D I have decided to be true to my region and sit with the fine folks of Cuero. This does not mean, I won't also cheer for Gilmer, but I will do so as quietly as I can. :p

sounds like a plan :)

j_dog
12-01-2009, 07:33 PM
44, if P4S gives you any trouble, I will give you a ride. :)

gobbler grad
12-01-2009, 07:39 PM
were headed to Margarita's, just not sure what time...just sounds good and well, will need a couple of drinks...:D

can also meet before the game and at halftime...under the scoreboard, correct...:thinking:

44INAROW
12-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
were headed to Margarita's, just not sure what time...just sounds good and well, will need a couple of drinks...:D

can also meet before the game and at halftime...under the scoreboard, correct...:thinking:

we're gonna leave town about 12:00 are your boys coming?

gobbler grad
12-01-2009, 09:21 PM
CL is coming home sat. morning and BL is working...he may come after work...:thinking:

gobbler84
12-01-2009, 10:24 PM
As of right now, I will be there on the sidelines. But if the temperature gets under 40, I don't know how long I will make it. I know the fiance won't make it!

j_dog
12-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by gobbler84
As of right now, I will be there on the sidelines. But if the temperature gets under 40, I don't know how long I will make it. I know the fiance won't make it!
At least according to the last weather forecast I just saw it is not supposed to be raining.

Bring your fiance, and a load of blankets. You should do just fine. ;)

Maroon87
12-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Saturday forecast I saw for Huntsville said partly cloudy...high 51, low 38.

Ranger Mom
12-02-2009, 09:42 AM

Fiance??

Has it been that long since we have spoken???

Congrats KJ!!!

j_dog
12-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Please post here if you are planning to meet at Margaritas for the M&G.

They are flexible. You can eat, or drink, or eat and drink, or ...............

But a good count would help us get an appropriate size table, and perhaps even a room off to ourselves. For that time of day, that might be a possibility.

Reminder:

Saturday, Margaritas, 3:15 on until you decide to leave for the game. Game at 6:00.

http://www.bing.com/local/details.a...sville%2c+texas

From the north: Montgomery Road is the second overpass south of Hwy 30 that crosses I45.

HEMOTOXIC
12-02-2009, 11:46 PM
From where Hwy 30 (Roans Prairie) crosses I45 go south on the feeder road, and take the SECOND overpass. Or, you can get on the Fwy and take the first exit and then cross over.

105? 105 goes through Conroe. From Conroe you would be going north and would be on the correct side when you exit.

I think that he will probably be taking the route through Brenham to (HWY 105) Navasota. However, once you get to Navasota, you don't take 105 East to Conroe, you will take HWY 90 to Huntsville. Just keep 105 (Washington AVE in town) through town. Eventually, you will run into HWY 6. Go underneath the freeway. You will pass to your right, Popeyes, Pizza Hut, Wal Mart, Sonic and to your left you will pass McDonald's, Subway, and eventually NHS (Rattler Stadium). Roans Prairie is approx 15 min or so from Navasota on 90. Turn right on 30 to Huntsville which is approx 35 min from Navasota.

KingRob
12-03-2009, 12:03 AM
I wanna go!!! Shoot, I always miss the good stuff!! Have fun!! LET'S GO CUERO!!!

YTBulldogs
12-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Glad to see the Bulldog Indoor Practice Facility getting some good use. Go Cuero, bring DeWitt County back a win. It will be a pleasure seeing this one in person. Caught the Sealy game. This one will work circles around that one I believe. I'll be catching the Daingerfield/Newton game first Saturday.

http://www.myvictoriaonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3422:cuero-football-playoff-report&catid=62:home-stories&Itemid=87

gobbler84
12-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Fiance??

Has it been that long since we have spoken???

Congrats KJ!!!

Haha. Yeah, I mean it has been about 5 years now! Haha. But anywho, yeah, I"ll be a married man this time next year! If you are coming to the game Saturday, we will have to meet up. Will be good to see you guys again.

Old Green
12-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Glad to see the Bulldog Indoor Practice Facility getting some good use. Go Cuero, bring DeWitt County back a win. It will be a pleasure seeing this one in person. Caught the Sealy game. This one will work circles around that one I believe. I'll be catching the Daingerfield/Newton game first Saturday.

http://www.myvictoriaonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3422:cuero-football-playoff-report&catid=62:home-stories&Itemid=87 Welcome to the 3ADL YTBulldogs. Glad to have you aboard.

Old Green
12-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Haha. Yeah, I mean it has been about 5 years now! Haha. But anywho, yeah, I"ll be a married man this time next year! If you are coming to the game Saturday, we will have to meet up. Will be good to see you guys again. Congrats KJ on the engagement. You looked good last week in the Tech game. Hope to see you with more carries soon.

44INAROW
12-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I think that he will probably be taking the route through Brenham to (HWY 105) Navasota. However, once you get to Navasota, you don't take 105 East to Conroe, you will take HWY 90 to Huntsville. Just keep 105 (Washington AVE in town) through town. Eventually, you will run into HWY 6. Go underneath the freeway. You will pass to your right, Popeyes, Pizza Hut, Wal Mart, Sonic and to your left you will pass McDonald's, Subway, and eventually NHS (Rattler Stadium). Roans Prairie is approx 15 min or so from Navasota on 90. Turn right on 30 to Huntsville which is approx 35 min from Navasota.

that's how we go to Huntsville.. :)

I will be there for sure.. Not sure if I will have anyone with me or not - but put me down for 1 :)

Just so I am clear -= Margarita's is on the North feeder road?

Ranger Mom
12-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Haha. Yeah, I mean it has been about 5 years now! Haha. But anywho, yeah, I"ll be a married man this time next year! If you are coming to the game Saturday, we will have to meet up. Will be good to see you guys again.

I sure wish I could be there, but I can't. Hoping to get to watch Abilene Wylie next week against either yall or Gilmer!

If I do make it to that game, I will probably be with Ashton and her husband....she got married in February!

Would be great to see you again!!!!

YTBulldogs
12-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Welcome to the 3ADL YTBulldogs. Glad to have you aboard.

Thanks OG. I been trying for over a week to get on here. I was registered, and I followed the directions on the email 3A sent me, but---still unable to post.

This site is awesome. The membership on here seem very respectful compared to the Smoaky site I was visiting. It's mainly East Texas chatters there---and, they seem little disrespectful over there. Like I say, both Gilmer and Cuero have proven themselves on the field and their tradition. No need to get ugly to the other team.

I also like how ya'll plan on meeting before, during and after the game this Saturday. Hey, you'll see me. I'll be in the "Y" cap. Was at the Sealy game too. I too would like to get to know some of my neighbors from Cuero. And even Gilmer followers. Since my son is now a freshman, and got invited up to varsity in our playoff games, we will be seeing a lot of one another at sporting events.

44INAROW
12-03-2009, 10:05 AM
There are seats still available on 2 of the busses going to Huntsville. Please go to Gobblersports.com for more info

YTBulldogs
12-03-2009, 10:15 AM
J_dog, I see your from Huntsville. I need some advice.

I'm going to the Daingerfield/Newton game at 2PM over at SFA Saturday.

What time do I need to depart from there, to make the Cuero kick off at 6PM in Huntsville?

I played at DFLD, so I gotta make some of that game. I think it will be out of hand by half, so I will be leaving early.

N4SIR
12-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Out of hand in whose favor? I assume your thinking DFLD. If Newton has the same team they had last year then I wouldn't be so sure about the game being out of hand. At last years game in Carthage, Newton gave DFLD all they wanted. And if the Newton QB would have been 100% healthy your boys may not have won that game.
I'm pulling for DFLD too but I am not discounting Newton. I had 2 nephews play for DFLD. The oldest played Newton at SFA for the State Championship many years ago and DFLD lost that game.
Lot of history between Newton and DFLD. Should be a good game.

waterboy
12-03-2009, 10:37 AM
This site is awesome. The membership on here seem very respectful compared to the Smoaky site I was visiting. It's mainly East Texas chatters there---and, they seem little disrespectful over there. Like I say, both Gilmer and Cuero have proven themselves on the field and their tradition. No need to get ugly to the other team.
I frequent Smoaky (every day) and have not seen anything disrespectful to Cuero, nor have I seen anything ugly said about the Gobblers on that site. What was said over there that is disrespectful or ugly? The ugliness, if there is any, came from a couple of new members from Gobbler land, and even then it was just a little confident smack in which was responded to appropriately by the Army of Buckeyes. ;) I guess it just depends on who's homer goggles you're wearing....:D

waterboy
12-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Out of hand in whose favor? I assume your thinking DFLD. If Newton has the same team they had last year then I wouldn't be so sure about the game being out of hand. At last years game in Carthage, Newton gave DFLD all they wanted. And if the Newton QB would have been 100% healthy your boys may not have won that game.
I'm pulling for DFLD too but I am not discounting Newton. I had 2 nephews play for DFLD. The oldest played Newton at SFA for the State Championship many years ago and DFLD lost that game.
Lot of history between Newton and DFLD. Should be a good game.
Daingerfield will beat Newton again this year, probably by a wider margin than last year. It probably won't be a blowout, but I look for a decisive win by the Tigers.

N4SIR
12-03-2009, 10:42 AM
I wish that game started at noon so I could watch it for awhile then drive down to Hunstville and watch the Mighty Buckeyes put a whippin on the gobblers.

YTBulldogs
12-03-2009, 10:54 AM
I wish that game started at noon so I could watch it for awhile then drive down to Hunstville and watch the Mighty Buckeyes put a whippin on the gobblers.

I plan on leaving the D'fld game NLT 4PM. Or, once the game get's out of hand. Should give me time to make Cuero/Gilmer KO at 6. I think it's like 80 miles from SFA to SHSU.

N4SIR
12-03-2009, 11:00 AM
I plan on being at the Gilmer game by 4:30. If your arriving at 6 I hope you got someone saving you a descent seat because it will be packed by then

YTBulldogs
12-03-2009, 11:05 AM
I plan on being at the Gilmer game by 4:30. If your arriving at 6 I hope you got someone saving you a descent seat because it will be packed by then

I have a sideline pass ;)

The others I'm bringing, might have to stand though.

N4SIR
12-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Which sideline?

Old Tiger
12-03-2009, 11:13 AM
I should be there but if not don't be too sad.

YTBulldogs
12-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Which sideline?

Either with the pass, but--I will be on Cuero's sideline.

Old Green
12-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks OG. I been trying for over a week to get on here. I was registered, and I followed the directions on the email 3A sent me, but---still unable to post.

I also like how ya'll plan on meeting before, during and after the game this Saturday. Hey, you'll see me. I'll be in the "Y" cap. Was at the Sealy game too. I too would like to get to know some of my neighbors from Cuero. And even Gilmer followers. Since my son is now a freshman, and got invited up to varsity in our playoff games, we will be seeing a lot of one another at sporting events. Glad to have you. Unfortunately, I may not be able to make the game and M & G saturday unless my meeting in San Antonio is over before 2:00.
Enjoy the board and check out our homepage. Has info on teams along with there histories provided by WOS87. Just hit the Home button at the top of the page and keep us posted on Bulldog happenings thru out the year.

pirate4state
12-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Well guys & gals ---- I am gonna miss the game I've been looking forward to for years. :(

Sinton's game has been rescheduled to Saturday night. Yall will have to text me updates!

GOOD LUCK BUCKEYES & GOBBLERS!

Ranger Mom
12-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Well guys & gals ---- I am gonna miss the game I've been looking forward to for years. :(

Sinton's game has been rescheduled to Saturday night. Yall will have to text me updates!

Oh no!!!!

Will you text me updates to your game?? I will be staying home Friday and Saturday night to listen to the games!!

pirate4state
12-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Oh no!!!!

Will you text me updates to your game?? I will be staying home Friday and Saturday night to listen to the games!!

I will try. :D I get so caught up in our games that I forget all about who I'm suppose to update! Haha

Ranger Mom
12-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I will try. :D I get so caught up in our games that I forget all about who I'm suppose to update! Haha

If someone is updating the board, I won't need them....otherwise, at least send me quarterly scores!!!!

We are going to have to take lessons from ccmom and poisened10.....they give the BEST updates!!!!!

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2009, 03:41 PM
If someone is updating the board, I won't need them....otherwise, at least send me quarterly scores!!!!

We are going to have to take lessons from ccmom and poisened10.....they give the BEST updates!!!!!

ccmom was giving me Graham/Bridgeport updates last weekend
and I was sitting in the stands. I didn't want to break her rythym
by telling her I didn't need them. :D

44INAROW
12-03-2009, 03:44 PM

dang but I guess it's best to be safe than sorry..

pirate4state
12-03-2009, 03:47 PM

Quarterly scores, I can do. We have play-by-play on twitter. :)

www.twitter.com/sintonpirates

Old Tiger
12-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Is there an official guest list? Someone care to compile one?

ccmom
12-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
ccmom was giving me Graham/Bridgeport updates last weekend
and I was sitting in the stands. I didn't want to break her rythym
by telling her I didn't need them. :D

Hey smarty pants....I think you know that I have a "list" and if you get updates from one game, you get them all. You can get off "the list" anytime.

Just be careful because some of my other "lists" are not so fun to be on.
:devil:

;)

j_dog
12-03-2009, 09:22 PM
dang but I guess it's best to be safe than sorry..
looks like p4s has left you out in the cold! :eek:

44INAROW
12-03-2009, 11:48 PM
looks like p4s has left you out in the cold! :eek:

I totally understand :) pretty sure Gobbler Grad will be there, so I can catch a ride to the game with his family.. If not, I will figure it out :p

j_dog
12-04-2009, 12:00 AM
I totally understand :) pretty sure Gobbler Grad will be there, so I can catch a ride to the game with his family.. If not, I will figure it out :p
I will be able to give two or three rides.

j_dog
12-04-2009, 11:37 AM

But a good count would help us get an appropriate size table, and perhaps even a room off to ourselves. For that time of day, that might be a possibility.

Reminder:

Saturday, Margaritas, 3:15 on until you decide to leave for the game. Game at 6:00.

From the north: Montgomery Road is the second overpass south of Hwy 30 that crosses I45.

I just called and arranged a room for us. I told him at least ten, and possibly up to 25. If you have not "replied" you can still drop in. The more people the better! This is a chance to meet Downlowers in where it is warm!

Just ask for the "Downlow Group".

44INAROW
12-04-2009, 11:38 AM
I just called and arranged a room for us. I told him at least ten, and possibly up to 25. I think they will be able to give us our own room. If you have not "replied" you can still drop in. The more people the better! This is a chance to meet Downlowers in where it is warm!

thanks J_dog :)

j_dog
12-04-2009, 11:44 AM
The M&G for half-time is also still on for those who cannot meet before the game.

The meeting place will be near the scoreboard which is on the north end of the stadium. If you will bring a small sign with "Downlow" printed on it we can find each other. :)

So come on down! By then you might be delighted for an excuse to move around and warm some limbs. :)

j_dog
12-04-2009, 11:48 AM
For identification, I will be wearing my maroon "Jasper Football" shirt at Margaritas.

j_dog
12-04-2009, 04:31 PM

Reminder:

I just called and arranged a room for us. I told him at least ten, and possibly up to 25. If you have not "replied" you can still drop in. The more people the better! This is a chance to meet Downlowers in where it is warm!

44INAROW
12-04-2009, 04:43 PM
For identification, I will be wearing my maroon "Jasper Football" shirt at Margaritas.

I'll be easy to spot - I'll have a GREEN shirt on :) I've been trying to get my "cold weather gear" coordinated.. Just not happening lol.. I have a purple neck scarf and a cute little purple stocking cap - but the rest of my attire will be Gobbler appropriate. :D

j_dog
12-04-2009, 04:52 PM
I'll be easy to spot - I'll have a GREEN shirt on :) .... :D
I counted on that. ;) I expect to meet lots of people wearing green at the M&G. Hopefully some black from Gilmer folks, although I hear they are not big on M&G's.

Gilmer, prove em wrong! :clap:

j_dog
12-04-2009, 11:08 PM
See you all tomorrow! :)

pirate4state
12-04-2009, 11:13 PM
:( bah....don't forget to take pics! yall have fun!

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2009, 11:14 PM
I was hoping we could make it, but alas!

Stupid non-snow! Blah!

j_dog
12-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Congratulations Gilmer on the win! :) Cuero, you left it all on the field. It was a shame someone had to lose.

I helped you Gilmer guys. I always sit on the losing side when I watch Gilmer. :D I'm no fool. The "home" side has cushioned seats, with backs! ;) But, man those rattlers were LOUD!

We had some good M&Gs! Met TOPS1435, 44INAROW, Maroon87, lostaussie, Gobla2001, Buckeye1980, gobbler grad and somebody else that my old mind cannot recall. :( It was great to meet all of you and hope to meet up again someday.

p.s. Forgot to take a camera for pictures. :mad: But we had a great time talking. And it took our mind off the cold for about 30 minutes. :)

Maroon87
12-05-2009, 11:45 PM

We had some good M&Gs! Met TOPS1435, 44INAROW, Maroon87, lostaussie, Gobla2001, Buckeye1980, gobbler grad and somebody else that my old mind cannot recall. :( It was great to meet all of you and hope to meet up again someday.

Yep it was great to meet all of you! And talk about an exciting game....dang that Jackson kid from Cuero is a beast. The Gilmer QB was very impressive as well.

44INAROW
12-06-2009, 02:19 AM
thanks for the ride Maroon87 ;)

Maroon87
12-06-2009, 02:23 AM
thanks for the ride Maroon87 ;)

No problem!:cool:

gobbler grad
12-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Congratulations Gilmer on the win! :) Cuero, you left it all on the field. It was a shame someone had to lose.

I helped you Gilmer guys. I always sit on the losing side when I watch Gilmer. :D I'm no fool. The "home" side has cushioned seats, with backs! ;) But, man those rattlers were LOUD!

p.s. Forgot to take a camera for pictures. :mad: But we had a great time talking. And it took our mind off the cold for about 30 minutes. :)

great meeting all you guys...Gilmer has some top notch fans...we finally found an opponent with fans as good as ours...:D good luck next week...wish it wasn't so far, would like to be there

44INAROW
12-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
great meeting all you guys...Gilmer has some top notch fans...we finally found an opponent with fans as good as ours...:D good luck next week...wish it wasn't so far, would like to be there
I totally agree. Should be a great championship game!

lostaussie
12-06-2009, 02:18 PM
I totally agree. Should be a great championship game! Our first date and you stood me up:D

44INAROW
12-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Our first date and you stood me up:D

I did make the pre-game M&G - we'll just have to play again next year :)

pirate4state
12-06-2009, 07:07 PM
so no one took pictures? terrible :tisk: :D

j_dog
12-06-2009, 10:41 PM
so no one took pictures? terrible :tisk: :D
if you had not stood us up, we would have had pictures! :D

pirate4state
12-07-2009, 10:17 AM
if you had not stood us up, we would have had pictures! :D haha this is true. sorry.