PDA

View Full Version : La Grange - Marlin Round Three

Pudlugger
11-22-2003, 09:53 PM
Well Marlin swept Newton aside on their collision course with a Bellville rematch in two weeks. Only La Grange and China Spring stand in the way. La Grange will be the underdog probably by 3 tds in this one. Marlin has not been challenged much since district play openned. They are a formidable team playing at the top of their game. The Leps will have to put together their best effort to stay in this game with the Bulldogs. The Leps beat Marlin in 2000 by staying close and forcing Marlin turnovers and capitalizing on their mistakes. In 2002 the Bulldogs struck quickly on an interception on the 40 running it in for a td on the third play from scrimmage. They got the momentum and kept the Leps back on their heels the rest of the game winning 34-6. This year the Leps are still waiting to attain their best effort. This would be a good time to accomplish that best effort. Practice hard this week and NEVER GIVE UP! Go Leps, beat Marlin!!! :) :mad: eek!

lepfan
11-22-2003, 10:06 PM
A lot of work to be done next week. :D

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2003, 10:11 PM
LaGrange, you have my full support. I hope your team is able to make the necessary preparations this week in order to beat Marlin.

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

MARLINFAN
11-22-2003, 11:03 PM
:rolleyes: :D :D :D :D :D :D

SO WE MEET AGAIN. I HEARD ABOUT IT WHEN WE WERE 1 AND 4. I HEARD WE WAS OVERATED AND WILL NOT GO ANYWHERE IN THE PLAY-OFFS. BUT O HOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED. THE 3A WORLD IS SHOCKED. NEWTON WAS ONE OF THE STRONG POWER HOUSE WITH A EXPLOSIVE OFFENSIVE. SHUT DOWN. THE ONLY WAY THEY SCORED WAS ON A FUMBLED PUNT FROM MARLIN. LIKE I SAID IT WAS SHUT DOWN. NO ONE HAS TESTED OUR SECONDARY SINCE ENNIS. THE POWER RUNNING STYLE THAT U RUN WONT WORK. NOW I KNOW ALOT OF YOU WILL READ THIS AND WILL BE LLIKE JUST CAUSE MARLIN GOT A WIN OVER NEWTON AGAIN WERE BIG-HEADED. BUT IF YOU ONLY KNOW HOW THE FANS FROM LAGRANGE ATTACKED THE BULLDOGS EARLY IN THE SEASON YOU WILL FEEL THE SAME TOO. !!

MARLINFAN
11-23-2003, 02:20 PM
im surprised that this post hasnt blew up. im still awaiting the time and place. pud you said it well marlin and bellville is on a collision course for a much awaited rematch

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: MARLINFAN ]</small>

oldlep27
11-23-2003, 06:54 PM
Ok boys,
Marlin-----Good job for defeating a very strong and good Newton team. Also, congratulations for making it this far again..As we all can see Marlin is a well coached team that has become a regular playoff football team. I hope this game is as exciting as it was.....(well it wasnt that exciting).....last year.(trust me.....I remember almost every da*n play). Oh and before im finished.....Just remember, who ever did disrespect your team earlier in the year may not speak for all lg posters. I give credit where credit is due because i know how you guys play. GOod luck

La Grange -------- Great game against OF. Im very proud of guys...I think you guys were just like us. When people looked at the seniors last year, the didnt expect us to do well. Some felt the same way about you guys too, but just like we did last year, you guys proved many wrong. Congratulations once again on a great season....but, dont do what we did last year. Go at these guys and do what we couldnt do last year. WIN
Big Josh is proud of you.
GOod luck

FranksBullDog
11-23-2003, 07:05 PM
TO Pudlugger You have been making negative remarks all year about Marlin because you never thought you would have to play them but now it seems as if you know you are beat before the game begins.When you make remarks earl and often stay with them the entire year.The one thing about Marlin Fan he does stick with his remarks even when he is wrong.Marlin is not winning just because they have talent they work very hard in practice and do without many things other teams in more affluent towns take for granted.Iwas on the field after the game and there was not a lot of celebrating and yes i did see a lot of Marlin players talking to Newton players for which they all have a lot of respect.

the tigers are back
11-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Hey Marlin fans i remember how eveyone was trying to put ya'll down,but remember this only the marlin dawgs can do that.I sure hope ya'll win,because i don't like to see no runaway games,but i like to warn ya don't think the leps gonna lay down and quit.They are small up front,but the defense is one of the best in state and just maybe the quickest.They are fun on the run and a little shy on the pass coverage and i wish ya all the best. wink

Pudlugger
11-23-2003, 07:28 PM
FranksBullDog:
TO Pudlugger You have been making negative remarks all year about Marlin because you never thought you would have to play them but now it seems as if you know you are beat before the game begins.When you make remarks earl and often stay with them the entire year.The one thing about Marlin Fan he does stick with his remarks even when he is wrong.Marlin is not winning just because they have talent they work very hard in practice and do without many things other teams in more affluent towns take for granted.Iwas on the field after the game and there was not a lot of celebrating and yes i did see a lot of Marlin players talking to Newton players for which they all have a lot of respect.Early in the year I said Marlin had to win some games to earn all the accolades they were claiming. Well as I said last night on my post after the Newton game, they have done that and more. Actually, after the Rockdale game I noted how good they were playing. Yall are trying to make it sound like I did not recognize Marlin's success when in fact I have. When they were 0-3 sure I said they must win a game against a good team before they deserve to be a top 10 team. What's so bad about that? They went out and did that so no problem, they now deserve credit, they have earned it . Now that that's said lets stop trying to make something out of nothing. Why don't we talk about football and stop all this boasting and blustering. It's just a game, not a war. Grow up. :rolleyes:

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

bevo
11-23-2003, 07:53 PM
Pudlugger:

FranksBullDog:
TO Pudlugger You have been making negative remarks all year about Marlin because you never thought you would have to play them but now it seems as if you know you are beat before the game begins.When you make remarks earl and often stay with them the entire year.The one thing about Marlin Fan he does stick with his remarks even when he is wrong.Marlin is not winning just because they have talent they work very hard in practice and do without many things other teams in more affluent towns take for granted.Iwas on the field after the game and there was not a lot of celebrating and yes i did see a lot of Marlin players talking to Newton players for which they all have a lot of respect.Eartly in the year I said Marlin had to win some games to earn all the accolades they were claiming. Well as I said last night on my post after the Newton game, they have done that and more. Actually, after the Rockdale game I noted how good they were playing. Yall are trying to make it sound like I did not recognize Marlin's success when in fact I have. When they were 0-3 sure I said they must win a game against a good team before they deserve to be a top 10 team. What's so bad about that? They went out and did that so no problem, they now deserve credit, they have earned it . Now that that's said lets stop trying to make something out of nothing. Why don't we talk about football and stop all this boasting and blustering. It's just a game, not a war. Grow up. :rolleyes: Right on Pudlugger...great exclamation on/at the end!!!

IBRINGTHEHAT
11-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Hey Pud, where is this game going to be played at?

Pudlugger
11-23-2003, 08:07 PM
IBRINGTHEHAT:
Hey Pud, where is this game going to be played at?That's the big question right now. All I know is it will be on Friday. Time and place yet to be decided by the coaches. Hope you will come and cheer us on.

BTW I meant to ask you, since you are probably one of the few players who has actually played against Bellville, Newton, Navasota, Sealy and La Grange this year, how do the Leps stack up in this elite group?

jason
11-23-2003, 08:08 PM
when? where is this game? i might try to catch it if its on sat and i can make it in time after the forney game...

Pudlugger
11-23-2003, 08:11 PM
jason:
when? where is this game? i might try to catch it if its on sat and i can make it in time after the forney game...It will be on Friday, time and place yet to be decided.

jason
11-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Pudlugger:

jason:
when? where is this game? i might try to catch it if its on sat and i can make it in time after the forney game...It will be on Friday, time and place yet to be decided.durnit...forney v gainesville fri at 4....

Pudlugger
11-23-2003, 08:23 PM
jason:

Pudlugger:

jason:
when? where is this game? i might try to catch it if its on sat and i can make it in time after the forney game...It will be on Friday, time and place yet to be decided.durnit...forney v gainesville fri at 4....Yeah, woulda been great to have ya on our side cheering for the underdog Leps. Good luck with Gainesville, I think yall will win.

FranksBullDog
11-23-2003, 09:25 PM
How was Friday picked ,Marlin must have lost some kind of flip because iwas told LG. coach wanted to play on Friday to try to gain an edge since Marlin played on Sat.I understand there is no field on FRI. in Bryan!

lepfan
11-23-2003, 09:28 PM
there are fields available on friday, just not Viking Field in Bryan

FranksBullDog
11-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Did your coach get to decide on the Fri. because this will defenitely be a bad business decision on both schools part and i know Marlin needs all the money it can get.

afflac65
11-23-2003, 09:45 PM
this is my anaylis of this game for marlin this could be dangerous they might looking ahead for a rematch with bellville.
Marlin edge in passing
Marlin edge in running
Marlin edge in defense if they score more than 24 points due to LaGranges defense is use to playing much closer games.
LaGrange edge in special teams.

PREDICTION......
MARLIN 37 LAGRANGE 17

bud4u
11-23-2003, 10:46 PM
when the year begin i believe that marlin was ranked 3rd and after losses to two 4 a teams dropped out. then the win over a decent young 2a mart team followed by a walloping by number 1 burnett and ennis MARLIN WASNT EVEN ON THE MINDS OF THE GUYS HERE THAT PICKED THE TOP 25. if i recall marlin didnt even get a vote or maybe one. but that is over now i always like it when a team is not even in the rankings and comes on and as at least in the top 10..
IF YOUR GOING TO BE A DAWG BE A MARLIN BULLDOG

good luck to both lagrange and marlin i hope it is a clean and safe game. may god be with these teams and fans..

cunbed10
11-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Hey! Pud it's your ole friend and foe Cunbed10, I would just like to meet a couple of you guys Fri, we have had some good posts, and actually it entertained some folk, I have no smart remarks, and I don't think LaGrange is the underdog. To me if a team makes it to the 3rd and 4th round, rankings and records are out the door, so let's get to know oneanother and watch a good game, I may be wearing an Earl Campbell Throw Back and I want to Meet Pud, Lepfan, and Oldlep27. I attended a funeral back home in Houston last week, and my Aunt said that LaGrange has alot of Scott's there, and I am a Scott from Houston, so I could have relatives there.

Pudlugger
11-24-2003, 08:44 AM
cunbed10:
Hey! Pud it's your ole friend and foe Cunbed10, I would just like to meet a couple of you guys Fri, we have had some good posts, and actually it entertained some folk, I have no smart remarks, and I don't think LaGrange is the underdog. To me if a team makes it to the 3rd and 4th round, rankings and records are out the door, so let's get to know oneanother and watch a good game, I may be wearing an Earl Campbell Throw Back and I want to Meet Pud, Lepfan, and Oldlep27. I attended a funeral back home in Houston last week, and my Aunt said that LaGrange has alot of Scott's there, and I am a Scott from Houston, so I could have relatives there.Thanks for the kind words Cunbed10. I'm sorry about the funeral. It's tough to lose loved ones. It also makes you appreciate those gifts we have received in family, friends and community.
I will be on the 50 yardline about halfway up in a dark blue nylon parka and Tan and purple La Grange cap. My wife, a blond, 5'3" and very pretty, will be in a brown full length fur coat if it is cold. We usually get to the games 45 minutes to an hour early to get a good seat and watch the kids warm up. I'll be on the look-out for you. Good luck to Marlin and let's hope for a clean injury free game. I don't know any Scott's out this way but there are 16 in the phonebook! (that's a lot for Fayette County!). :)

Leopard213
11-24-2003, 08:59 AM
Pudlugger, Do you know the where, when, what time on the game?

Leopard213
11-24-2003, 09:00 AM
Kyle Daniels mom is a Scott

Pudlugger
11-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Leopard213:
Pudlugger, Do you know the where, when, what time on the game?Only bits and pieces of info gleaned from this website. From what I read it may be Friday at 2 PM place undetermined. Also seems as if Coach V won the toss! None of this is confirmed though, so stay tuned for better information latter in the day. :cool:

cdlvj
11-24-2003, 09:40 AM
Did not Marlin win the toss last year? So the rule comes into effect and LG will have the call. Correct me if I am wrong.

FranksBullDog
11-24-2003, 11:48 AM
To Lagrange fans Can anyone explain to me why your coach would want to play an afternoon game on the same day as TX.and A&M It certainly is not to accomidate neutral fans which are the ones who decide if there is a profit to be made.Is this a way to try to gain an edge?

Pudlugger
11-24-2003, 01:17 PM
FranksBullDog:
To Lagrange fans Can anyone explain to me why your coach would want to play an afternoon game on the same day as TX.and A&M It certainly is not to accomidate neutral fans which are the ones who decide if there is a profit to be made.Is this a way to try to gain an edge?Well he figures the La Grange-Marlin game will be a better game I guess. :D

FranksBullDog
11-24-2003, 01:33 PM
If this is true and i hope it is not a lot of Marlin fans will not get to see the game because of work schedules and this will only give Marlin a reason not to look past Lagrange.It appears Lagrange must be a rich school dist. to give a coach the power to turn down money like that or it is a desperate move because Lagrange beat Marlin in the afternoon in 2000?