PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty Mites

rancher
11-30-2009, 09:20 PM
If you can get a copy of Texas Coop Power Magazine for December. There is a great story of the Mighty Mites. If you dont know the story, a great up lifting read about the Masonic Widows and Orphans Home in Ft. Worth who came to dominate Texas football in the late 20's and 30's. Great read on how they ran the spread formation that is popular today. There is a book out by Jim Dent called the Twelve Might Orphans: The Story of the Mighty Mites who ruled Texas Football.

Ranger Mom
11-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by rancher
If you can get a copy of Texas Coop Power Magazine for December. There is a great story of the Mighty Mites. If you dont know the story, a great up lifting read about the Masonic Widows and Orphans Home in Ft. Worth who came to dominate Texas football in the late 20's and 30's. Great read on how they ran the spread formation that is popular today. There is a book out by Jim Dent called the Twelve Might Orphans: The Story of the Mighty Mites who ruled Texas Football.

I just read that article about an hour ago.....that was an awesome story!!!

The November issue is still online, but December's should be up in the next day or two, I would think!

Matthew328
11-30-2009, 09:59 PM
book is awesome read it in one day

Trashman
11-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by rancher

Read the article over the weekend a great read, may buy the book now.:D

IHStangFan
11-30-2009, 10:17 PM
My father gets this magazine. Read the article over the weekend. Good stuff! :clap:

Gobbla2001
11-30-2009, 10:18 PM
saw it on the cover of the mag just a bit ago... haven't gotten a chance to read it yet... coo

Ranger Mom
11-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Watch this website:

Texas Co-op (http://www.texas-ec.org/texascooppower/)

I figure the December issue should be showing up in the next few days.

Gobbla2001
12-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Finally read it... like every other COOP article, always leaves you wanting more (not really a good thing, I mean the articles are tooooo damn short)... I will for sure have to get the book now ha...

NastySlot
12-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Finally read it... like every other COOP article, always leaves you wanting more (not really a good thing, I mean the articles are tooooo damn short)... I will for sure have to get the book now ha...

its worth buying.

lostaussie
12-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Bought it for my son last year for Christmas.............read it b4 i ever gave it to him:D

rancher
12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Im going to buy the book now, great untold story, would make a great movie. Read where Coach Russell was successful at almost every level. PICK THE CAST FOR SUCH A GREAT MOVIE.

All out CAT
12-01-2009, 05:21 PM
The book is a must buy. I am an ex-student of the Masonic Home and School, class of 93', and have heard the stories since 1987. They are great stories and the book does a great job of telling them. Doug Lord, mentioned in the book and a contributor, is a great friend of mine and is still doing well in the Dallas area.

It is amazing to hear the stories that were told and 50 years later some of the same things were happening there. Today, those things are against the law. Better known as hazing. I had 43 brothers.

And to make it a 3A discussion, we were 1A back in 90-92 and played the likes of Prosper. We had 11 boys and a bag with an extra uniform just in case we had injuries the manager, with a heart condition, would suit up to make the team.