oldtownag
11-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Carthage rolls!

ProudHornetMom
11-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Been there, done that...poor Lorena.

Yoe_09
11-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Carthage will be way too much for Lorena to handle on both sides of the ball. Lorena has done a really good job to get this far after the way the season started. I would say Carthage by 23.

IHStangFan
11-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Don't know much about Lorena....but I suspect Carthage will roll none the less.

formercougar18
12-01-2009, 04:54 AM
i just know that carthage was awesome last year, have no idea how they are this year, and every year i had played lorena they were a very sub par team, but im glad to see them this deep. I would love to see them win and play in waco, so that i could go see just how much they ahve improved.

Old&Crusty
12-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Heard a lot about Carthage's special running back last year before the big game. He was faster than any of our boys, but came down easier then expected when we could get our hands on him. But his big plays came when that GREAT O Line Carthage had blew our D out. I heard that line returned this year. In my opinion, that's their strength. Have not seen Lorena. Good luck to both.

Mojado
12-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Carthage rolls.... BIG... on to the state tiltle game...

Bullaholic
12-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Anybody from Lorena want to give a little insight on their team this week?

blackcatfan
12-03-2009, 04:59 PM
If the weather turns out like it is forecast, this game might take an interesting turn. If it is snowing and messy, then Lorenas ground game could cause a problem for Carthage. I think Carthage will win, but a snowy messy field has a way of equalizing a lot of things, especially if the ball is turned over.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2009, 05:04 PM
i voted that Lorena will win, will the other two come forward?

cshscougar08
12-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Hope Lorena will win. But don't see it happening. Carthage rolls.

j_dog
12-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Hope Lorena will win. But don't see it happening. Carthage rolls.
I don't see it either. I still don't know how Lorena beat Center and I was at the game. Lorena hung on, and won at the end. By comparison, Carthage rolled Center in district.

Old Cardinal
12-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Carthage is so strong coming through a good District and of course Region III is a football laden area of the state.
Carthage in a blow out in this game... and a winner at state again. IMO

Mojado
12-03-2009, 08:26 PM
It really won't matter the weather. Some folks just don't get how good Carthage and Gilmer are... It's just their time. Yes, anything can happen in the playoffs and if it does it's called an upset.

I read about heart, team, dedication, yada,yada,yada...all thats good but if you go through a meatgrinder, you come out like ground beef... And I'm sure those East Tx boys have some heart, team, dedication, yada,yada,yada... they are just damn good!

Carthage rolls the next 2 weeks... real test will be the State Tiltle...maybe

Old Cardinal
12-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Looks like Carthage and Gilmer followed closely by a host of other fine Region III teams dominate in football and also the State Finals.

Rabid Cougar
12-04-2009, 04:11 AM
How about Lorena in a thriller or Lorena in blowout? It is not the first time Lorean will be out "manned" in a game. I will be a Central Texas Homer and go with Lorena.

oldtownag
12-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
How about Lorena in a thriller or Lorena in blowout? It is not the first time Lorean will be out "manned" in a game. I will be a Central Texas Homer and go with Lorena.

Statistically irrelevant!

trojan37
12-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

Lorena has not played, and I repeat, has not played a team the same caliber as Carthage. Mark my words, they will get run over.

Yoe_09
12-04-2009, 02:31 PM
No doubt, Carthage is on another level than any other team they have played.

blackcatfan
12-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Lorena has not played, and I repeat, has not played a team the same caliber as Carthage.

I have to disagree. They played Mexia and even though Mexia lost to Carthage, it was a very close game. I seem to remember Lorena winning that game against Mexia.......I have seen Carthage and they are very good, but they can be beaten as can any team on a given night.