PDA

View Full Version : See ya later Charlie Weis

TheDOCTORdre
11-30-2009, 02:14 PM
New York daily news is reporting that Weis is done at Notre Dame:wave:

too bad the firing of Weis wont improve ND, no matter who they hire

Old Tiger
11-30-2009, 02:14 PM
I wish I could get 18.5 million dollars for being fired.

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 02:21 PM
ESPN article said the players are taking a vote on whether to play in a bowl or not.

Weird.

TheDOCTORdre
11-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
ESPN article said the players are taking a vote on whether to play in a bowl or not.

Weird.

The players should vote to join a conference

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
The players should vote to join a conference

HAHA Hell yeah they should.

I just think it's weird they are letting 20 year old kids decide a big money decision. But by now I should know that ND has their own special set of rules for everything.

pancho villa
11-30-2009, 02:28 PM
BRIN KELLY next ND millionare

TheDOCTORdre
11-30-2009, 02:28 PM
HAHA Hell yeah they should.

I just think it's weird they are letting 20 year old kids decide a big money decision. But by now I should know that ND has their own special set of rules for everything.

Wouldnt be suprised if they let the players vote on the Weis desicion

BreckTxLonghorn
11-30-2009, 02:32 PM

Players are taking the vote and are delivering to the AD their decision; however, they do not have final say. Swarbrick (AD) said he will take into consideration the vote, but I don't see him saying no to anything that doesn't bring in income, especially with the $$$ they'll pay for firing Weis.

Basically, I see it this happening: Players vote No Bowl in support of Weis (many players have come out to support him); Swarbrick saying I see your point, but you're playing so enjoy the GalleryFurniture LoveSeat Bowl; players getting embarrassed on field because no one wants to play.

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Players are taking the vote and are delivering to the AD their decision; however, they do not have final say. Swarbrick (AD) said he will take into consideration the vote, but I don't see him saying no to anything that doesn't bring in income, especially with the $$$ they'll pay for firing Weis.

Basically, I see it this happening: Players vote No Bowl in support of Weis (many players have come out to support him); Swarbrick saying I see your point, but you're playing so enjoy the GalleryFurniture LoveSeat Bowl; players getting embarrassed on field because no one wants to play.

Oh I didn't know that. That makes sense. Hell, they shouldn't even hire a coach next year. It's just going to put them in soooo much debt.

3afan
11-30-2009, 02:44 PM
CFN has ND going to the GMAC Bowl in Mobile, AL against Ohio U. out of the MAC

yay

TheDOCTORdre
11-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
CFN has ND going to the GMAC Bowl in Mobile, AL against Ohio U. out of the MAC

yay

thats gotta suck to end your season with a bowl loss to Ohio:D

Deuce
11-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Loved it at the start of the season when all the big ND backers were talking undefeated. And now Weiss is gone! LMAO. Any big name would be nuts to take this job.