PDA

View Full Version : Hey I got a question...

themsu97
11-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Did Brownwood really lose to Wimberly...

if they really did, is it because they had to play their JV since the entire varsity was injured?

injuredinmelee
11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
not sure what excuses some of the posters are using but I lisened to the game on the radio and they just got beat up. Couldnt hold on to the balland made careless mistakes. But I am biased.

OldBison75
11-30-2009, 10:22 AM
According to posts on other threads, the injury to Longoria and a "weak armed third string QB" were the deciding factors, along with turnovers. By the way, this is the same "weak armed 3rd String QB" that some were lauding as a more than adequate replacement for the loss of the two other QB's to injuries.

I do believe that the loss of Longoria hurt, as he is a force on offense and defense. But the Qb has been playing for several weeks and has kept them winning so that excuse is not really valid to me. The big thing is Wimberley played exceptionally well and was able to take advantage of turnovers and make Brownwood pay for the mistakes.

Ranger Mom
11-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
According to posts on other threads, the injury to Longoria and a "weak armed third string QB" were the deciding factors, along with turnovers. By the way, this is the same "weak armed 3rd String QB" that some were lauding as a more than adequate replacement for the loss of the two other QB's to injuries.

I do believe that the loss of Longoria hurt, as he is a force on offense and defense. But the Qb has been playing for several weeks and has kept them winning so that excuse is not really valid to me. The big thing is Wimberley played exceptionally well and was able to take advantage of turnovers and make Brownwood pay for the mistakes.

Call me crazy, but I think Wimberly won because they were the better team on Friday night!!!:eek:

44INAROW
11-30-2009, 10:28 AM
I thought a certain BW poster said in the past, that injuries are part of the game and shouldn't be considered a factor in a win or a loss.. Just saying :p

turbostud
11-30-2009, 10:43 AM
:D Rocket in 3....2....1...

pancho villa
11-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
Did Brownwood really lose to Wimberly...

if they really did, is it because they had to play their JV since the entire varsity was injured?

Why don't you keep your trap shut

themsu97
11-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Why don't you keep your trap shut

what would be the fun in that?

I mean I could, but it just wouldn't be me...

I was in the scrub last week for a thump thump game

pancho villa
11-30-2009, 11:00 AM
what would be the fun in that?

I mean I could, but it just wouldn't be me...

I was in the scrub last week for a thump thump game

Did you eat at Lucy's?

LE Dad
11-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Let's see??

1. Brownwood beat themselves.

2. Longoria was injured by the ground not the Wimberly player who knock him on his... Hip.

3. Brownwood gave Wimberly 2 fumbles.

4. We were young.

And so on and so forth... Have not seen the good ole "refs screwed us yet" but I am sure it is coming along with many others:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D

themsu97
11-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Did you eat at Lucy's?

no, I tried... we had to eat at the Mickey Dees...
left my scorebook there as well...at the scrub gym

pancho villa
11-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Let's see??

2. Longoria was injured by the ground not the Wimberly player who knock him on his... Hip.

4. We were young.

And so on and so forth... Have not seen the good ole "refs screwed us yet" but I am sure it is coming along with many others:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5.We had the swine flu
6. The RB had turf toe
7. The head cheerleader was knocked up
8. the Lions forgot to eat their Wheaties

pancho villa
11-30-2009, 11:21 AM

5.We had the swine flu
6. The RB had turf toe
7. The head cheerleader was knocked up
8. the Lions forgot to eat their Wheaties

pancho villa
11-30-2009, 11:22 AM
no, I tried... we had to eat at the Mickey Dees...
left my scorebook there as well...at the scrub gym

Girls B-ball?

themsu97
11-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Girls B-ball?

NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I have the boys... JV...

95mustang
11-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75

I don't think anyone from Brownwood called our quarterback weak armed. Was his arm as strong as the injured qb's maybe not, but we have been behind this young man all season and will continue.

95mustang
11-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Let's see??

4. We were young.

There are pictures of the hit in question. I just don't know how to post them here. I have also stated in other threads how the injury was an unfortunate event from a good play. I gave the Smith kid and the team their props for the game they played.

I'm not making excuses. I am proud of our young men for playing through adveristy all year.

LE Dad
11-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
There are pictures of the hit in question. I just don't know how to post them here. I have also stated in other threads how the injury was an unfortunate event from a good play. I gave the Smith kid and the team their props for the game they played.

I'm not making excuses. I am proud of our young men for playing through adveristy all year. No, You are actually are a very good poster. You support your team and give honest insight. I have nothing but respect for you and your opinions. That list was compiled by other Bwd posters. I am sure the injury was the result of hitting the ground after being contacted by the Wimberly player.

Props to you and your team on a good season
:clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
11-30-2009, 01:49 PM
I dont think there were many excuses made by Brownwood posters, mostly just you guys making them for us. Mostly, we gave you reasons we got out played and beat on Friday. Wimberly gave us several minor injuries early that truly effected the out come of the game. Give Wimberly credit for playing hard and creating those injuries (not hurting kids on purpose)
I sure thought it was still a winnable game but against a quality team like Wimberly (and any other team you face in the 3rd round) you cant make the mistakes that we made weather they were forced or self inflicted.

Wimberly deserved the win and congrats to them for that... hope we get another shot at them next year