PDA

View Full Version : Waxahachie (i know, not 3A but...)

charlesrixey
11-30-2009, 12:17 AM
waxahachie has been mighty impressive so far

if they make the title game, they would have gone through quite a gauntlet

Regular Season

vs Everman W, 29 - 6
at West Mesquite W, 43 - 14
at Lancaster W, 35 - 20
vs Midlothian W, 49 - 26
at Ennis W, 48 - 23
vs Waco W, 56 - 27
vs Waco University W, 39 - 14
at Cleburne W, 49 - 36
vs Corsicana W, 21 - 14
at Waco Midway W, 34 - 21

Playoffs

vs Forney W, 35 - 18
vs Texarkana Texas W, 35 - 21
vs Highland Park W, 49 - 35
vs Longview (Sat)
vs. Denton Ryan/Guyer ?

holy toaster strudel!

all that just to have a chance to play Lake Travis in the finals!

lostaussie
11-30-2009, 06:53 AM
Loboes end this winning streak this week.

Matthew328
11-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Dont be so sure about that Longview has not played real well as of late. Waxahachie matches up well w/Longview.

LE Dad
11-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Dont be so sure about that Longview has not played real well as of late. Waxahachie matches up well w/Longview. The Waxahachie staff has some ties to this area. They have very good speed and pretty good size. They should match up well with Longview. I honestly did not see them beating HP.

lynard_skynard
11-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Not sold on Longview winning this one. Saw both teams this week and it should be a great game. I'm saying Hach by 3.

charlesrixey
11-30-2009, 09:54 PM
My wife is from Wax and my dad and twin bro live in longview, so i've had a chance to become familiar with both

longview has been impressive this season but hasn't been dominating recent teams

waxahachie does match up quite well

LE Dad
11-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
My wife is from Wax and my dad and twin bro live in longview, so i've had a chance to become familiar with both

longview has been impressive this season but hasn't been dominating recent teams

waxahachie does match up quite well Longview rolled through district last year, but this year they were struggling in some tight games, not sure why. Should be a good game for sure.

bwdlionfan
11-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
waxahachie has been mighty impressive so far

if they make the title game, they would have gone through quite a gauntlet

Regular Season

vs Everman W, 29 - 6
at West Mesquite W, 43 - 14
at Lancaster W, 35 - 20
vs Midlothian W, 49 - 26
at Ennis W, 48 - 23
vs Waco W, 56 - 27
vs Waco University W, 39 - 14
at Cleburne W, 49 - 36
vs Corsicana W, 21 - 14
at Waco Midway W, 34 - 21

Playoffs

vs Forney W, 35 - 18
vs Texarkana Texas W, 35 - 21
vs Highland Park W, 49 - 35
vs Longview (Sat)
vs. Denton Ryan/Guyer ?

holy toaster strudel!

all that just to have a chance to play Lake Travis in the finals!

I've seen Waxahachie several times this year. I saw them against Waco, Waco U, and Corsicana.

In the Waco game... Waco was bad this year, and Hachie did all they wanted and then some against them.

Against Waco U, Waco U's starting QB was out with some kind of illness and it was 39-0 before Waco U got two TDs on the backups.

In both of these games, Waxahachie used their two big backs to control the game and do what they wanted to... I don't remember their names or numbers, but they are both VERY talented. The offensive line is very good. Their passing game isn't great... so anyone that can get them in 3rd and long often enough should have a shot.

That's exactly what Corsicana did against them. I honestly thought Corsicana was the better team the night they played Hachie. Corsicana controlled the game up until the last half of the 4th quarter when a couple of big plays sparked the win for Hachie.

Also, a side note... the score against Cleburne (49-36) is a bit misleading. The game went to OT tied at 36. Hachie scored first on their possession, then on Cleburne's possession, Cleburne fumbled and Hachie returned it for a TD.