PDA

View Full Version : Vy Does It Again

lbjacj
11-29-2009, 07:11 PM
99 YD DRIVE TO PULL IT OUT AT THE END.
3 FOURTH DOWN COMPLETIONS ON GAME WINNING DRIVE.

WAY TO GO VINCE!!!:clap:

TENN.-20
ARI.-17

turbostud
11-29-2009, 07:12 PM
VY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAST
11-29-2009, 07:20 PM
He sure is a different player this year.

BEAST

gobble_up03
11-29-2009, 07:22 PM
woohoo!!

Emerson1
11-29-2009, 07:38 PM
It's obviously the defense and Chris Johnson doing everything :rolleyes:

bwdlionfan
11-29-2009, 07:40 PM
I wonder what was going through Leinart's head

Booter11
11-29-2009, 07:43 PM
he was probably thinking "i know ive seen this somewhere before"

navscanmaster
11-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Vince is looking like he can silence his doubters, though anybody who rode USC's jock in 2005 will still find a reason to discredit him. Emerson, you may be being sarcastic, but the recent play of the defense, coupled with VY and CJ playing at a high level are driving the Titans back toward contention. All they have to do is win out. Easier said than done, but it is a possibility.

sinfan75
11-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Matt Lienhert still plays football?:D

lbjacj
11-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Vince is looking like he can silence his doubters, though anybody who rode USC's jock in 2005 will still find a reason to discredit him. Emerson, you may be being sarcastic, but the recent play of the defense, coupled with VY and CJ playing at a high level are driving the Titans back toward contention. All they have to do is win out. Easier said than done, but it is a possibility.

He has won 5 in a row.He just needs 5 more...

at Indy
vs St.Loiis
vs Miami
vs San Diego
at Seattle

Probably an 8-8 finish but as a former Oiler season ticket holder,I will be rootin 'em on all the way!
Luv Ya Blue!!!

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj

but as a former Oiler season ticket holder,I will be rootin 'em on all the way!
Luv Ya Blue!!!

Your ex-wife left ya, but you're still hung up on her...

goosealaniz
11-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75

i was thinking the same thing...

Trashman
11-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75

Who is this Matt Lienhert you speak of.......:D

TexanAlum_06
11-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
He has won 5 in a row.He just needs 5 more...

at Indy
vs St.Loiis
vs Miami
vs San Diego
at Seattle

Probably an 8-8 finish but as a former Oiler season ticket holder,I will be rootin 'em on all the way!
Luv Ya Blue!!!

I think they go 4-1 with the loss coming from Indy. The other 4 games are very winnable IMO. If they went 4-1 the next 5 games would that be enough for a wild card spot?

29-3aFAN
11-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
I think they go 4-1 with the loss coming from Indy. The other 4 games are very winnable IMO. If they went 4-1 the next 5 games would that be enough for a wild card spot?
New England went 11-5 last year and missed out.

bobcat4life
11-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
New England went 11-5 last year and missed out.
I think that will be different this year. A 9-7 or 10-6 record may get you a wildcard spot this year.

themsu97
11-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Titans will not make the playoffs but VY is having a good year...

he is managing the game which is something he had not done in the past...
sorry Emerson, but if you do not think that the fact that the defense has stepped up its play, the play of Chris Johnson and the fact that the oline has only allowed 7 sacks all year has nothing to do with it, then you are crazy...
VY's biggest knock has been he has no work ethic... he likes to pout and other immature issues... apparently he has come to grips with how to be a professional and has learned to adapt his game...
maybe he figured out that he will never be Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or a Brett Favre, but being VY is a good thing...
I am starting to see a young McNabb now in VY...
I can say that I am a doubter to rather or not VY can perform as a successful NFL qb, but I would love to have Chris Johnson on my team...

BTownVBall3
11-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Did Chris Johnson throw for nearly 400 yards yesterday too? Did CJ have anything to do with the 99 yd drive in 2 minutes? To discredit Vince for that win and say it was because of his running back is an absolute joke. And this is strictly speaking for yesterday.

turbostud
11-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Did Chris Johnson throw for nearly 400 yards yesterday too? Did CJ have anything to do with the 99 yd drive in 2 minutes? To discredit Vince for that win and say it was because of his running back is an absolute joke. And this is strictly speaking for yesterday.

I think Chris Johnson had 1 carry on that drive to get the Titans away from their 1yd line. Other than that it was all Vince.

themsu97
11-30-2009, 11:15 AM
I am not taking anything away from VY...

but watching the emergence of Kenny Britt is outstanding... eventhough he did fumble earlier in the game...

CJ had another 50+ run for a td...
take away those 6 points and the game is a mute point... it is a team effort is all I am saying...

there were also some great play calls by the Titans OC... the screen to Scaife was amazing...

VY played great... no doubt yesterday was a great game by VY...

Ex-Tiger2005
11-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's obviously the defense and Chris Johnson doing everything :rolleyes:

Vince had 387 yards passing! I guess he helped a little too! :doh:

Emerson1
11-30-2009, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08IYRz5YoHY&feature=player_embedded

Maroon87
11-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Wonder what Merril Hoge has to say about all of this...:thinking:

turbostud
11-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Here is the game winning drive starting with the Cardinal punt to the Titan 1 yard line.

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1afGNVkIGPQ)

TheDOCTORdre
11-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Hoge is a douche

Eagle 1
11-30-2009, 08:13 PM
He won 5 games against teams that are a combined 27-30 and now he's a good qb? :rolleyes:

coach
11-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Hoge is a douche

he knows what he is talking about

Maroon87
11-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
He won 5 games against teams that are a combined 27-30 and now he's a good qb? :rolleyes:

You have to admit, that was a clutch performace yesterday, especially that drive at the end. If Brett Favre had done that everyone would be on here wetting their pants. But because it's Vince, it seems there always has to be a "yeah but..." attached to anything he does.

DDBooger
11-30-2009, 08:32 PM
You have to admit, that was a clutch performace yesterday, especially that drive at the end. If Brett Favre had done that everyone would be on here wetting their pants. But because it's Vince, it seems there always has to be a "yeah but..." attached to anything he does. you have to consider who you quoted! Nobody said he was a great QB, but he certainly played great last night when he had to, where as those 4 games before a lot of it was CJ.

TheDOCTORdre
11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
VY will get his chance against the Colts on Sunday, and even if the Titans beat them, there will still be those who say yeah but afterward, and on the other side of it even if VY plays a great game and the Colts win, there will be those who will say that vince cant win big games

Eagle 1
11-30-2009, 08:37 PM
He will get exposed on Sunday, a I will say that BEFORE the game.

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2009, 09:08 PM
He will get exposed on Sunday, a I will say that BEFORE the game.

Exposed? lol...how? Will he have a bad game sunday..possibly..does it mean he is exposed? No, just means it is a bad game..if he even has one

Emerson1
11-30-2009, 10:00 PM
You didn't play in the nfl. You don't know what you are talking about.

Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Exposed? lol...how? Will he have a bad game sunday..possibly..does it mean he is exposed? No, just means it is a bad game..if he even has one
Exposed is just a word people use when they don't know what they are talking about. It's like people who say the Texas defense was exposed, but don't say how or why.

This is g$$'s little brother we are talking with remember.

Eagle 1
11-30-2009, 10:39 PM
You didn't play in the nfl. You don't know what you are talking about.

Exposed is just a word people use when they don't know what they are talking about. It's like people who say the Texas defense was exposed, but don't say how or why.

This is g$$'s little brother we are talking with remember.

Using that logic, nobody on here knows what they are talking about since none of us played in the NFL.
I may have not played in the NFL, but at least I played high school football.....golf boy. :D

TheDOCTORdre
11-30-2009, 10:40 PM

I may have not played in the NFL, but at least I played high school football.....golf boy. :D

ooooooooooooooooooooooo BURN!!!

forum_guy
11-30-2009, 10:52 PM
I may have not played in the NFL, but at least I played high school football.....golf boy.

oooooooooooooooo, u just got served

mchavez
12-01-2009, 12:49 AM

What did he say in the first place?

themsu97
12-01-2009, 08:27 AM
I think the biggest difference here is people who love VY will say whatever makes him look better and people who don't will find ways to make him look bad...

VY has raised his qb play, but he still has a long way to go, to downplay that drive on Sunday would be ridiculous... but to say it is all him in this winning streak is just the same...
there are an elite group of qb's and VY is not one of them, that is all I am saying... take CJ away and I believe the TItans are still winless... give CJ to the Texans, and how good are the TExans? give Slaton to the Titans and what have you?
Heaven forbid that CJ were to play for the Saints, Colts or Patriots...

I think VY has made some tremendous strides and sitting on the bench may be the best thing for him...

but did you all here Jaworski before the game saying that this could give Jeff Fisher an out in Tennessee?

Txbroadcaster
12-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
I think the biggest difference here is people who love VY will say whatever makes him look better and people who don't will find ways to make him look bad...

VY has raised his qb play, but he still has a long way to go, to downplay that drive on Sunday would be ridiculous... but to say it is all him in this winning streak is just the same...
there are an elite group of qb's and VY is not one of them, that is all I am saying... take CJ away and I believe the TItans are still winless... give CJ to the Texans, and how good are the TExans? give Slaton to the Titans and what have you?
Heaven forbid that CJ were to play for the Saints, Colts or Patriots...

I think VY has made some tremendous strides and sitting on the bench may be the best thing for him...

but did you all here Jaworski before the game saying that this could give Jeff Fisher an out in Tennessee?

I agree with everything except one thing..Put Slaton on the Titans and I think he has great numbers..NO, not as good as Johnson but I still think Slaton would be a top 10 back rushing wise simply because that is the Titans style of play

BreckTxLonghorn
12-01-2009, 10:28 AM

I did hear him say this, but it seems to me this is stirring the pot just to stir it. Fisher has made his home in TEN, and there's been no reason to think he'd want to leave until Jaws mentioned it. Unless he's really set against wanting VY as a qb (which could be true, I was always under the assumption fisher wanted Leinart b/c he had Norm Chow as OC and Adams demanded to have Young), or the Cowboys pay him a butt-ton of money (also likely), I think he stays.

Maroon87
12-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by mchavez
What did he say in the first place?

That Vince would never be a top NFL QB. That's fine, but I also heard an interview he did with a radio station in Pittsburgh where he called Vince a "baby" last year. That's uncalled for in my opinion.

Last night on NFL Live after the game, Hoge said he has "buried the hatchet" with Vince.

Translated: I got owned.:hand:

sahen
12-01-2009, 12:17 PM
vince is playing very well lately...i saw him play high school ball and enjoyed watching him then...in college he was fun to watch but obviously im not a longhorn fan so it wasnt quite as enjoyable to me....teh only question i have about vince is how he will deal w/ adversity?...the dude always won in high school, college, and mostly now in the pros but in the pro game he is going to have some years where he isnt tearin git up...its just how it is...we saw last year how he acted when he got a little banged up and booed...now he is back and winning and everyone loves him but is he going to go AWOL again the next time something goes bad or just shut it down mentally?...we wont know this until it happens, but for now he is playing amazing football...

personally, i wouldn't want to be in the titans position this offseason, if you commit a ton of money to the guy you may lose him the next time you lose a couple games and the fans get on him, but then again maybe he has over come that and turns out to be great...only the future will tell...

sinton66
12-01-2009, 12:44 PM
That Vince would never be a top NFL QB. That's fine, but I also heard an interview he did with a radio station in Pittsburgh where he called Vince a "baby" last year. That's uncalled for in my opinion.

Last night on NFL Live after the game, Hoge said he has "buried the hatchet" with Vince.

Are they forgetting who Vince's mentor was and what happened to him? I have a feeling Vince did a bunch of growing up in the off season.

Emerson1
12-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
oooooooooooooooo, u just got served
No I didn't. I played a year of HS football.

and I will take my burn and the fat check I got for playing golf and be happy ;)

Eagle 1
12-01-2009, 05:02 PM
No I didn't. I played a year of HS football.

and I will take my burn and the fat check I got for playing golf and be happy ;)
We dont consider Thursday night games as High School football around here.
Yea I'm sure you got a ton of money playing golf Tiger.

Txbroadcaster
12-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Are they forgetting who Vince's mentor was and what happened to him? I have a feeling Vince did a bunch of growing up in the off season.

and to add to that..If the Titans had not dumped McNair like they did and allowed Young to learn for a couple of years from him, I think alot of things would have been different for Young..He prob would not have won the ROY, but I think he would have been a better QB

Gobbla2001
12-01-2009, 05:11 PM
take CJ away and I believe the TItans are still winless...

Yah but the NFL, more than on any other level of the sport of football, is truely a team sport... Take Vince back away and I bet the Titans may have won a game or two but would not be on a 5 game winning streak... CJ was there when it was 0-6... he's still there now that they're 5-6...

take peterson away in Minn and they don't have as many wins... that's a no brainer...

Eagle 1
12-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Yah but the NFL, more than on any other level of the sport of football, is truely a team sport... Take Vince back away and I bet the Titans may have won a game or two but would not be on a 5 game winning streak... CJ was there when it was 0-6... he's still there now that they're 5-6...

take peterson away in Minn and they don't have as many wins... that's a no brainer...

Dont you mean Farve?

Gobbla2001
12-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Dont you mean Farve?

Nah, not talkin' bout Favre... themsu said removing Tennessee's RB would have kept the Titans winless... I argue removing APeterson from Minn's O would hurt their wins as well...

forum_guy
12-01-2009, 07:04 PM

So now Vince is all of a sudden a top NFL qb? Lol
Also, Vince did act like a baby LAST year.

Maroon87
12-01-2009, 07:11 PM
So now Vince is all of a sudden a top NFL qb? Lol
Also, Vince did act like a baby LAST year.

He's 5-0 this year. I don't care who the 5 teams are, for someone whose career was supposedly over, that's a nice accomplishment.

Oh...and by the way...that team he and the Titans went 99 yards against to win the game on Sunday was in the Super Bowl last year and are going to win their division again this year.

You're gonna hate on him anyway but I'm just giving you some facts to ignore.

forum_guy
12-01-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm not hating. I just don't think anyone can call him a top NFL qb just yet.

DDBooger
12-01-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm not hating. I just don't think anyone can call him a top NFL qb just yet. Did someone call him that? I notice people who don't care for him make that strawman argument and tear it down, but I just don't see anyone saying he's a top NFL QB.

turbostud
12-01-2009, 08:22 PM
You're gonna hate on him anyway but I'm just giving you some facts to ignore.

:clap: