PDA

View Full Version : Realignment Thoughts...

cucuy02
11-29-2009, 01:51 PM
fast approaching....who, where, why, thoughts, possibilities, ideas?

LE Dad
11-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by cucuy02
fast approaching....who, where, why, thoughts, possibilities, ideas? I don't know what is going to happen. I can see LE, PG, and Atlanta going either west or south with or without Pitt if west, Mt Vernon if south. New Boston should drop down to 2A. :thinking:

cucuy02
11-29-2009, 02:16 PM
I know the big deal last year was beefing up region 1 because of the declining numbers out west. I'm curious as to the teams that make up districts 7 and 8 (mostly region 2 or 3 teams four years ago), will they stay region 1? I think it's safe to say all those teams ride a line that could send them to one region or another. Then, you have some 4A's that may be coming down, Big Spring, Mineral Wells, maybe Stephenville to name a few. I wonder if that at all will affect region 1. This is going to be an interesting realignment to say the least.

bobcat4life
11-29-2009, 02:22 PM
I think Argyle will probably not be in a district with us if Pilot Point goes 3a. Gainesville could also get put in region one with Argyle.

Johnny Moxen
11-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Well enrollment still falling out West.

IMO Breckenridge will fall to 2A and Sweetwater's enrollment is down as well. The Lovejoy folks were saying on the radio that they should climb to 4A next year. I bet we see a lot more teams typically in region 2 or 3 in region 1 to balance things out.

the genious
11-29-2009, 02:53 PM
will the d-25 still be together???

cucuy02
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
What 2A teams stand at maybe making the move up? Piolot Point has been brought up, what about Godley, what are their numbers like?

Pudlugger
11-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by the genious
will the d-25 still be together???

Doubtful. In the past these teams go to RIII in D19 or 24:
Sealy
Columbus
La Grange
Giddings
Smithville
Bellville

La Grange will probably end up in a Hwy 77 district with Giddings, Rockdale and Cameron plus Smithville, and Caldwell

Sealy and Bellville will likely be in a district with Navasota, Royal, Columbus and maybe Wharton.

navscanmaster
11-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Sealy
Columbus
La Grange
Giddings
Smithville
Bellville

La Grange will probably end up in a Hwy 77 district with Giddings, Rockdale and Cameron plus Smithville, and Caldwell

Sealy and Bellville will likely be in a district with Navasota, Royal, Columbus and maybe Wharton.

You never know. I kind of wish we still had 4A numbers sometimes. Having six other 4A squads within 25 miles (Brenham, Waller, Montgomery, Magnolia, Magnolia West, and move up Bryan Rudder) sure would cut down on the travel potential. I definitely don't want to see us left out of central Texas, and having to travel to the current district 22 schools.

ol country boy
11-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Being a coach I have heard numerous rumors. Everything is pure speculation until the date realignment is released.

One thing that is almost for sure to happen is: more 3a schools. All the empty districts will be filled with teams. But this still in not 100%

GreenMonster
11-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by cucuy02
What 2A teams stand at maybe making the move up? Piolot Point has been brought up, what about Godley, what are their numbers like? A lot of speculation in coaching circles that 500 might be the bottom number of 3A now that 2A has split into big schools and small schools. Good thing is it's only speculation, bad thing is if it becomes reality top number likely to grow considerably. 3A is the smallest of all the classifications in sheer numbers so there is plenty of room for it to grow. UIL likes to keep a 3 to 1 ratio from the largest school in the class to the smallest. If 500 is the bottom then that frees the top number to slide as far as 1500. We won't know anything for sure until February.

cucuy02
11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
A lot of speculation in coaching circles that 500 might be the bottom number of 3A now that 2A has split into big schools and small schools. Good thing is it's only speculation, bad thing is if it becomes reality top number likely to grow considerably. 3A is the smallest of all the classifications in sheer numbers so there is plenty of room for it to grow. UIL likes to keep a 3 to 1 ratio from the largest school in the class to the smallest. If 500 is the bottom then that frees the top number to slide as far as 1500. We won't know anything for sure until February.

You're right!....and that last sentence is killing me.

Cowboy_Up
11-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Based on all the numbers I've seen and some wild guesses, I think the bottom number doesn't change as much as many think. Something like 15 3A schools have already dropped below the current bottom number. I say we're looking at 435-450 at the bottom and 1000-1050 at the top.
The R3/R4 border seems sure to move a little to the east and north as quite a few R4 teams will be moving down. Those spots have to be filled and with the HISD schools opting to stay 3A, R3 may have some schools to fill the slots lost to 2A in R4.
I think the districts get shaken up pretty good. I see Cuero and Gonzales moving into a SA district as it's very possible Cuero will be the only 3A school left in the Victoria area.
BTW, if they can make travel work, I like the split alignment 2A adopted. Same number of state champions, but fewer playoff teams and much tighter gaps in enrollment.
If all goes well, wouldn't be surprised to see 3A do the same in 2012.

BEAST
11-29-2009, 07:27 PM
I don't think we will see a spread in 3A going from 500-1500. That is huge. It would change 3A big time. I just can't see the top # going above 1000.

BEAST

mac77
11-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Sealy
Columbus
La Grange
Giddings
Smithville
Bellville

Nothing will be certain until Houston ISD decides whether to allow those schools with 3A numbers to play up or down. HISD could have a 3A district (Furr, Waltrip, Kashmere and others) that includes Stafford. That could shake up Regions 3 & 4 just a bit.

VWG
11-29-2009, 08:29 PM
On the 2A split, I wouldn't think they would go that way with 3A. I would think that they would make it more similar to 4A and 5A with 4 schools going to the playoffs. 2 in the large school and 2 in the small school.

I guess that's why it doesn't make sense to me to have 5A and 4A having 4 playoff teams per district, but in the lower classifications they limit the number of playoff teams.

Spaceman_Spiff
11-29-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm hoping that the UIL uses extra long rubber bands this year, and combines 2 teams from each region into 8 team districts and then gives everyone a bye in the first round of the playoffs so that each team that makes the playoffs can say that they made it into the second round.

GreenMonster
11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Spaceman_Spiff
I'm hoping that the UIL uses extra long rubber bands this year, and combines 2 teams from each region into 8 team districts and then gives everyone a bye in the first round of the playoffs so that each team that makes the playoffs can say that they made it into the second round.

Nice jab at the UIL. I like the 2 big school and 2 small school playoff teams per district, so long as the districts are pre-split into big schools and small schools. 4x16=64 (new split division system) and 3x32=96 (old one division system designating who the big school is after playoff teams are decided) will actually mean fewer playoff teams and fewer playoff games. I like that the 2 divisions will make district play a much more level playing field although in the smaller classifications often times numbers aren't nearly as important as gene pool. I'm interested to see what happens and honestly would like to see it in all classifications. It effectively would turn the system into 6-man through 10-A.

pancho villa
11-30-2009, 11:59 AM
I hope we stay in Region IV for track. That is one sloooooooooow region!!!!

bigwood33
11-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Nice jab at the UIL. I like the 2 big school and 2 small school playoff teams per district, so long as the districts are pre-split into big schools and small schools. 4x16=64 (new split division system) and 3x32=96 (old one division system designating who the big school is after playoff teams are decided) will actually mean fewer playoff teams and fewer playoff games. I like that the 2 divisions will make district play a much more level playing field although in the smaller classifications often times numbers aren't nearly as important as gene pool. I'm interested to see what happens and honestly would like to see it in all classifications. It effectively would turn the system into 6-man through 10-A.

I spoke with the UIL's Mark Cousins a few weeks back. He said that 3A, 4A, and 5A superintendents were polled earlier this fall about going to split divisions (like 2A and 1A have voted to do). He said that 3A was evenly split, 4A leaned heavily toward not doing it and 5A was overwhelmingly against split divisions. He said that based on the results of the poll, the UIL has no plan to submit split division proposals to the 3A-4A-5A superintendents. It has gone as far as possible for now.

Rabid Cougar
11-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Sealy
Columbus
La Grange
Giddings
Smithville
Bellville

Cameron's numbers are pointing to 2 A next year

Rabid Cougar
11-30-2009, 01:05 PM
I pray to dear sweet little baby Jesus that China Spring moves back to the "Waco" 3A District. It is freaking rediculous for us not to be in the same District as Robinson, Connally and LaVega. We are 15 miles from LaVega and Connaly and 20 from Robinson.

cucuy02
12-01-2009, 10:12 AM
ttt

cr180t
12-01-2009, 10:33 AM
They are going to allow more 5A schools in not sure how many. A guess would be 16 or so. If that happens the bottom of 5A goes down to around 2000. That makes the top of 4A 1999 or so. If an I say If that happens these school Go to 5 A
Midlothian 2059, Del Valle 2079, Carrollton Smith 2084, Dallas Highland Park 2009, Carrollton Smith 2084, Mansfield Timberview 2056, Mansfield Legacy 2048, Granbury 2063.5, Abilene Cooper 2048, Lewisville The Colony 2003, Laredo Johnson 2081.5
Laredo Nixon 2024, Mission 2071, Richmond Foster 2034.

If that happens the top # in 3A would go down 84 and that would move up 12 teams

Just a thought.