PDA

View Full Version : Most Likely State Title Game Div. II

SteerS_2012
11-29-2009, 12:09 AM
What's the most likely Matchup?

Discuss!

No disrespect to Wimberly or Pleasant Grove, simply just ran out of room on the poll.

bobcat4life
11-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Carthage will be there waiting. I think Graham will be the team to play Carthage, but Carthage is too much for anybody to handle.

eagles26
11-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Carthage will be there. I think Graham will also but wouldn't doubt Pittsburg either.

SteerS_2012
11-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Carthage will be there waiting. I think Graham will be the team to play Carthage, but Carthage is too much for anybody to handle.

I've heard nothing but positive things about Carthage, however I don't think they'll have the easiest time getting there.

bobcat4life
11-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by SteerS_2012
I've heard nothing but positive things about Carthage, however I don't think they'll have the easiest time getting there.
They are in the toughest region in the state, but it doesnt matter with the talent they have. They can beat any team in the state. I wish they would've gotten to play Gilmer. They are the 2 best in the state.

lostaussie
11-29-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm thinking Carthage/Pitt..............played in Gilmer:D

Pudlugger
11-29-2009, 08:46 AM
They are in the toughest region in the state, but it doesnt matter with the talent they have. They can beat any team in the state. I wish they would've gotten to play Gilmer. They are the 2 best in the state.

Hold on a minute there pal. Region III toughest in the state? Not this year. Gilmer will be lucky to get past Cuero. Who have they played that is a top 10 team? Navasota was the best they have played and they won by a td. Carthage hasn't played a top 10 team either. Let's not crown them Champions until they earn it. Favorites to win? Yes, but not a lock for sure. In addition to talent, coaching and motivation it takes some luck too. ;)

lostaussie
11-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Carthage is good but they are NOT as good as last year. they are beatable but it will take a very good team to do it............but I can see it happening...................as for us to have to be LUCKY to beat anybody is an insult to these kids. We know the opposition and the tradition and what we face this week. i have waited for this game for several years and am so looking forward to it. A very good team is going home saturday night. At this point i will take a 1 point victory and move on..............its all about survival!!

LE Dad
11-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Pitt and Carthage

Pudlugger
11-29-2009, 09:07 AM
The use of the term "lucky" was in response to the quote in the post. I agree that it takes a huge effort to advance at this level. Good luck, play safe, have fun.:)

VWG
11-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Carthage and Pitt

Gobbler Fan
11-29-2009, 12:24 PM
La Grange will win it all

bobcat4life
11-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Hold on a minute there pal. Region III toughest in the state? Not this year. Gilmer will be lucky to get past Cuero. Who have they played that is a top 10 team? Navasota was the best they have played and they won by a td. Carthage hasn't played a top 10 team either. Let's not crown them Champions until they earn it. Favorites to win? Yes, but not a lock for sure. In addition to talent, coaching and motivation it takes some luck too. ;)
East texas has the best football in the state. too much speed and athleticism. Have you ever heard "Speed Kills"? In high school football, that is certainly true.

Pudlugger
11-29-2009, 12:52 PM
East texas has the best football in the state. too much speed and athleticism. Have you ever heard "Speed Kills"? In high school football, that is certainly true.

Yeah, better give up the crack 'cause speed does indeed kill.

I recon' folks down here in South Central Texas can't run too fast yet as they are still workin' on standin' erect. /s

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Yeah, better give up the crack 'cause speed does indeed kill.

I recon' folks down here in South Central Texas can't run too fast yet as they are still workin' on standin' erect. /s

Yah, no speed here South of I10 either... must of given us head starts when we won those track state championships this decade...

wimbo_pro
11-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Yah, no speed here South of I10 either... must of given us head starts when we won those track state championships this decade...

LOL...so true Gobbla...they have no idea what Cuero has regarding speed. No idea at all.

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
LOL...so true Gobbla...they have no idea what Cuero has regarding speed. No idea at all.

well we've lost a lot of speed but we still have good team speed...

good luck this week

icu812
11-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Hoping Carthage vs. Pitt played at Tyler Rose

SteerS_2012
11-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Oh Graham has speed. Trust me.

Pudlugger
11-29-2009, 08:27 PM
The Leps have great speed. When the running back gets the ball at 5:42 to go in the half when he returns to the huddle it is 5:54 left in the half. Quantum theory and all that.:D

bobcat4life
11-29-2009, 08:52 PM
if you ever listen to fans, have you noticed how almost every team has speed? and good track teams do not always mean team speed. Celina used to always have great track teams, but seemed to lack team speed in football.
but I know Cuero has speed. Im not stupid.

pirate4state
11-29-2009, 09:59 PM
if you ever listen to fans, have you noticed how almost every team has speed? and good track teams do not always mean team speed. Celina used to always have great track teams, but seemed to lack team speed in football.
but I know Cuero has speed. Im not stupid. We don't have much speed.

LionFan72
11-30-2009, 01:38 PM
How many times has Speed teams ran over a Smash mouth defense? I personally have seen many go down to a hard hitting well oiled defense!

garciap77
11-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Sinton vs Graham!