PDA

View Full Version : DI Semi-Finals GotW: Wylie vs Lovejoy

Pages : 1 [2]

Tsip85
12-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Welcome and I am glad you have already noticed how classy I am!!!! :D

;)

Thanks, and indeed I have! I've enjoyed reading this forum this week. Wish I could get a chance to meet some of y'all at the game. I think the Lucas group and the Wylie group have quiet a bit in common. Just not many LL fans that read these boards.

ccmom
12-02-2009, 11:25 PM
After two semifinal losses, Wylie ready to get over the hump
By Daniel Youngblood

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/dec/02/no-headline---wylie_football_feature/

For most high school football teams, being one of the last four teams in their classification left playing is a goal in itself.

For the Wylie Bulldogs, it’s just one step on the way to their ultimate destination: the state championship game.

That’s because the Bulldogs are no strangers to the Class 3A Division I state semifinals. They’ve made it to and seen their season end at that level each of the past two seasons.

And heading into their game against Lucas Lovejoy (12-1) at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Waco ISD Stadium, the Bulldogs are determined to take the next step this year.

“I think it has been something that they’ve seen what it’s like to play in December, they’ve seen what it’s like to play when there’s four (teams left) and I think these kids have a desire and a true passion to be one of the last two,” Wylie coach Hugh Sanidfer said. “We’ve been one of the last four, and these guys want to get over that and move on to the last game.”

The Bulldogs came within seconds of reaching the state title game in 2007 and within inches of that same goal last season.

Two years ago, Wylie was beaten by Gilmer, 28-21, on a 34-yard screen pass with 9 seconds left in the game. A year ago, the Bulldogs saw a 38-37 lead turn into 39-38 loss when Prosper quarterback Hunter Nix lunged for the end zone and barely got the ball across the goal line on a two-point conversion attempt in double overtime.

Wylie’s do-it-all senior Austin Gray — the Bulldogs’ leading receiver, who also starts at free safety, kicker and punter — was a starter for the Bulldogs last year and was one of eight sophomores called up to the varsity for the last three regular season games and through the playoffs in 2007. He said he remembers what each of those playoff exits felt like, and he doesn’t want to experience that again.

“It definitely left a bitter taste in our mouth losing like we did to Gilmer and losing by one point to Prosper last year,” said Gray, who has 41 catches for 676 yards and four touchdowns. “That motivated every single one of us to start during the offseason and work hard. That continued throughout the summer and we’ve continued that throughout the season.”

But Sandifer said motivation alone won’t get the Bulldogs past Lovejoy and into the state championship game. Execution will.

It’s for that reason that Wylie quarterback Matt Preston said his team can’t dwell too much on what happened in the past.

“It’s great getting back three years in a row. That says a lot about your program,” said Preston, who has thrown for 1,527 yards, rushed for 285 and has accounted for 19 total touchdowns. “But mainly, I think we’ve got to understand that we’ve got to take this as a whole different year from the last two years. We’ve got to understand that this is a new team and we’ve to go in with that mindset so that we can perform.”

Performing hasn’t been an issue for Wylie to this point. Even with their 13-10 loss to Graham, during which they turned the ball over eight times, the Bulldogs have outscored opponents 400-150.

And that hasn’t changed during the playoffs. In three postseason games, Wylie has outscored its opposition, 105-28.

Sandifer, whose Bulldogs were picked in the preseason to play Gilmer in the state championship game by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine, said he’s proud of the way his players handled the pressure of being state-ranked all year.

He said he’s been most impressed with the focus his team has exhibited week in and week out, and he doesn’t expect that to change now that their one game away from the state final.

“It was a little bit of a relief to get to the playoffs because we knew that’s where we were supposed to be and that’s where we wanted to be,” he said. “And once we’ve gotten to the playoffs, I think we’ve gotten better every week.

“That’s just a compliment to these seniors. They understand what it takes and they want to do this the right way. They want to finish the right way, and we’ve got to win this week to put ourselves in that position.”

If things go the way the Bulldogs are hoping they will this weekend, any talk of a semifinals round road block will be in the past tense.

“We definitely don’t want to have that feeling again. We’ve seen it the last two years,” Preston said. “Mainly we have to understand that it’s a new team and that we can change that this year.”

Tsip85
12-02-2009, 11:36 PM
We would hate to break your streak. LL will do it's best to help the dogs stay consistent and exit in hte semi's 3 years in a row.:)

Charlie47
12-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Tsip85
We would hate to break your streak. LL will do it's best to help the dogs stay consistent and exit in hte semi's 3 years in a row.:)

Hey Tsip, you tellem, they don't listen to me.
Does the Tsip mean your a hornfan too.:clap: ;)

SintonFan
12-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks, and indeed I have! I've enjoyed reading this forum this week. Wish I could get a chance to meet some of y'all at the game. I think the Lucas group and the Wylie group have quiet a bit in common. Just not many LL fans that read these boards.

I asked and then received... :D

LionFan72
12-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Will this game be webcast? Can't make all the games, but this is high on my list. Go Bulldawgs.

Tsip85
12-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Will this game be webcast? Can't make all the games, but this is high on my list. Go Bulldawgs.

You'll get a Lovejoy homer calling the game, but as far as I know, all Lovejoy games have been webcast on Sportsgram.net.

garciap77
12-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by LionFan72

If you want to listen to the game; go here http://www.102thebear.com/.

They are the best announcers in the world! Plus, they are not "Homers"!:D

Tsip85
12-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Does the Tsip mean your a hornfan too.:clap: ;)

Indeed, it does. I bleed ORANGE!! Although, I must admit, I passed up on my Big XII championship tickets to watch some HS football this weekend!

garciap77
12-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Indeed, it does. I bleed ORANGE!! Although, I must admit, I passed up on my Big XII championship tickets to watch some HS football this weekend!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tsip85
12-03-2009, 09:32 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^

See that, Charlie? All you have to do is say the right thing and these wylie folks will actually applaud you! Maybe they're not so bad afterall...:)

Charlie47
12-03-2009, 09:45 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^

See that, Charlie? All you have to do is say the right thing and these wylie folks will actually applaud you! Maybe they're not so bad afterall...:)

Yeah, I established a good relationship with several folks, an
look forward to hear from them. Everybody just wants their team
to win.:D :clap:

Deuce
12-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Gonna be a long day for LL's offense!!

Ranger Mom
12-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I established a good relationship with several folks, an
look forward to hear from them. Everybody just wants their team
to win.:D :clap:

How long ago was it when we met?? 2004 maybe??

Charlie47
12-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
How long ago was it when we met?? 2004 maybe??

Hi Ranger mom,
Yes you are correct, a very pleasant day. I enjoyed meeting you!:)

Ranger Mom
12-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi Ranger mom,
Yes you are correct, a very pleasant day. I enjoyed meeting you!:)

Same here!! I always remember you and ??? OldDawgGreen maybe....who ever it was, I remember both of yall being so excited because I showed up with the newest DCTF magazine and it hadn't hit the shelves in Burnet yet!!!!:D

Charlie47
12-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Same here!! I always remember you and ??? OldDawgGreen maybe....who ever it was, I remember both of yall being so excited because I showed up with the newest DCTF magazine and it hadn't hit the shelves in Burnet yet!!!!:D

That was great! I think it was another 2 weeks before we were able to get them in Burnet.:(

sportsgram
12-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Yes we have been broadcasting Lovejoy all year long at www.sportsgram.net. I would not call it at a "homer" call, but you can tell it is a Lovejoy sponsored broadcast. We give each team it's due. If the other team is playing well we don't shy away from saying so.

Tsip85
12-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by sportsgram
Yes we have been broadcasting Lovejoy all year long at www.sportsgram.net. I would not call it at a "homer" call, but you can tell it is a Lovejoy sponsored broadcast. We give each team it's due. If the other team is playing well we don't shy away from saying so.

You guys have been doing a GREAT job!! I know many people that appreciate the broadcast that y'all do. Maybe "homer" wasn't teh right word, becasue y'all defiantley give the opposing teams their due. But, it is nice to hear how excited y'all get when Lovejoy is doing better. :) Keep up the great work, and thanks for all y'all do!!

Ranger Mom
12-03-2009, 10:48 AM
You guys have been doing a GREAT job!! I know many people that appreciate the broadcast that y'all do. Maybe "homer" wasn't teh right word, becasue y'all defiantley give the opposing teams their due. But, it is nice to hear how excited y'all get when Lovejoy is doing better. :) Keep up the great work, and thanks for all y'all do!!

Those are the funnest broadcasts to listen to.....when there is that element of excitement in their voices and if it sometimes spills over to homerism.....oh well!!!

ccmom
12-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by sportsgram

I listened to your broadcast last week and I thought you did a great job. :clap: Yes, it was apparent that you were pulling for the Leopards, but that's what I expected. Do people really want to listen to a stadium announcer type broadcast on the radio? I know I don't. That's one of the things I like about our broadcast team. They give the play by play, they get excited when the Dawgs are doing well, and you can also hear the concern in their voices when things are not going so well. Also, our broadcast team has been together long enough (11 years, I think) that they know the history of the team, etc., and can also sometimes share some off the field information about the players and coaches.

Sometimes the hillbilly comes out in one of our broadcasters :p , but I kind of like that, too. ;)

I think those who cannot make this game have two good choices of broadcasts to listen to. :clap:

Go Dawgs!! :cheerl:

Ranger Mom
12-03-2009, 11:40 AM
I listened to your broadcast last week and I thought you did a great job. :clap: Yes, it was apparent that you were pulling for the Leopards, but that's what I expected. Do people really want to listen to a stadium announcer type broadcast on the radio? I know I don't. That's one of the things I like about our broadcast team. They give the play by play, they get excited when the Dawgs are doing well, and you can also hear the concern in their voices when things are not going so well. Also, our broadcast team has been together long enough (11 years, I think) that they know the history of the team, etc., and can also sometimes share some off the field information about the players and coaches.

Sometimes the hillbilly comes out in one of our broadcasters :p , but I kind of like that, too. ;)

I think those who cannot make this game have two good choices of broadcasts to listen to. :clap:

Go Dawgs!! :cheerl:

I don't know who they have had broadcasting the Greenwood games the past 2 years...but OMG..they are SOOO boring.

They talk monotone...no inflection in their voice one way or the other!!!! I finally just started following the twitter page at the newspaper website, I couldn't stand it!!!

squid
12-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Sometimes the hillbilly comes out in one of our broadcasters

I can handle the hillbilly alot better than the Red Raider Horn Hater that does the play by play......

ccmom
12-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by squid
I can handle the hillbilly alot better than the Red Raider Horn Hater that does the play by play......

hahahahaha He'll like that! :clap:

LE Dad
12-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
If you want to listen to the game; go here http://www.102thebear.com/.

They are the best announcers in the world! Plus, they are not "Homers"!:D Nothing like unbiased play by play:thumbsup:

:devil:

Tsip85
12-03-2009, 01:55 PM
OK...so let's see if we can't get another discussion going here. If (your team's name here) were to win this week, who would you prefer to play in the finals and why?

I'm mixed on this one. I would prefer to play Cuero because I think we would match up with them better. However, I'm yet to see the cowgirls new stadium and I hear it's quiet nice this time of year. :)

DaHop72
12-03-2009, 02:21 PM
GO WYLIE BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy D 11
12-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
GO WYLIE BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's with your avatar DaHop?:thinking:

:stirpot:

sportsgram
12-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Nobogey72..you have a PM.

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

:stirpot:

Absolutely nothing! :D

DaHop72
12-03-2009, 03:30 PM

:stirpot: It's a picture from a December M&G, just one more reason to not miss one. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

garciap77
12-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
It's a picture from a December M&G, just one more reason to not miss one. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

:evillol:

garciap77
12-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Here We Go Dawgs!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/20091128-072935-pic-699819995_t607.jpg
:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Wylie and Lovejoy fans! Be careful when you go shopping this Christmas; don't let your kids buy dangerous toys!:D

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/LFBDuW8I3adMXpnP

:D

ccmom
12-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Wylie and Lovejoy fans! Be careful when you go shopping this Christmas; don't let your kids buy dangerous toys!:D

Rocket with a gun, and me as Rocket's mother? :eek: Scarey times, indeed!

LOL! Good job, garcia! :)

garciap77
12-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks!:D

pirate4state
12-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Best of wishes to the Wylie Bulldogs! Hopefully, I can come watch yall play next week, that is if it doesn't conflict with our game! :eek: :devil: :D :cheerl:

ccmom
12-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Daddy D....are you going to wear a hat like the one in the video on Saturday so we can recognize you? :thinking: It seems to suit you! ;)

sportsgram
12-03-2009, 05:34 PM
ccmom thanks again for the compliments on our broadcast. I am sure both crews will do the game justice!

Ryan, our pbp guy has been with me since he was 17! He is a freshman in college now and does a great job for us. That crew has been doing Lovejoy all year long. Ryan even had the opportunity to do a college basketball game with the great Bill Mercer! If you don't know who that is, he is a legend in Texas Sports Broadcasting. 82 years young now. He was the voice of wrestling from the Sportatorium in Dallas when it was on TV. Also thevoice of the Cowboys in the 60s, amongst the many other things he has done.

I'll be there in some role on Saturday, either engineering the broadcast or doing some sideline reports.

Everyone have a safe trip there, root loud for you respective teams and enjoy the game!

HS Football in Texas! Nothing like it!

Inmateboss
12-03-2009, 05:56 PM
I... WILL be at this game! No doubt.
GO WYLIE!

:lies: :lies: :D

BDB
12-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Does Vernon ring a bell? Or Canyon? Those are the two that ring my bell!

Vernon is the one I am talking about.:doh:

Charlie47
12-03-2009, 10:05 PM
How many of the Wylie fans are actually going to be in Waco?:confused:

ccmom
12-03-2009, 10:10 PM
How many of the Wylie fans are actually going to be in Waco?:confused: I will, and I promise you there will be a LOT of purple there. Go Dawgs!

Charlie47
12-03-2009, 10:54 PM
I will, and I promise you there will be a LOT of purple there. Go Dawgs!

Sorry Nice Lady, seems your going to be settin' there all alone! :( :( :eek:

BDB
12-03-2009, 11:12 PM
I wil be there too, so cc will not be alone

Inmateboss
12-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I never said that. LHPM was the one saying all that. Oh and btw, if Graham beats Wimbo, then we get to say we beat them cuz we beat Graham. Same goes for Wylie. We own the District.:D

If Graham wins state, then we are the State Champions by proxy because we beat Graham. :D

Rocket your are such a FREAK, LOL. I wish I had a nice Scotch and water so I could under stand your logic a little better. But it is fun sober!:D :D

Inmateboss
12-03-2009, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by garciap77
[B]Wylie and Lovejoy fans! Be careful when you go shopping this Christmas; don't let your kids buy dangerous toys!:D

That is too good, good job Garcia. LOL:D :D :D

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 08:39 AM
I don't think cc has to worry about sitting alone. I was at the Burk game and I was VERY impressed with how well Wylie travels. The Leopards better be ready for some noise, because this game will not be played in front of fans dressed as empty seats!

Charlie47
12-04-2009, 08:46 AM
I don't think cc has to worry about sitting alone. I was at the Burk game and I was VERY impressed with how well Wylie travels. The Leopards better be ready for some noise, because this game will not be played in front of fans dressed as empty seats!

I don't know Tsip, so far only 2, Nice Lady and BDB say they're gonna be there.;) :( I know the Lovejoy folks are going to be
there, they have a big M&G at one of the restaurants. They are going to be all revved up.:clap: :eek:

garciap77
12-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Sorry Nice Lady, seems your going to be settin' there all alone! :( :( :eek:

Hey Nice_Lady_ccmom! Ivchris and I, plus our wives will be there too! I also heard that McDirty was going to be there, but will see about that. :D

Deuce
12-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Best of luck to both teams tonight and I hope for a injury free game. Of course I am rooting for Wylie, and think that they have an excellent chance to advance if they play like they are capable of.

WYLIE-28
Lovejoy-21

ccmom
12-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Deuce
Best of luck to both teams tonight and I hope for a injury free game. Of course I am rooting for Wylie, and think that they have an excellent chance to advance if they play like they are capable of.

WYLIE-28
Lovejoy-21

Thanks, Deuce! The LL/Wylie game is actually tomorrow, but your support is appreciated. Go STEERS!! :clap:

Deuce
12-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks, Deuce! The LL/Wylie game is actually tomorrow, but your support is appreciated. Go STEERS!! :clap:

I know, just wasn't going to be around tomorrow to wish you guys good luck! i see now where i posted tonight.

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Blah:twitch: :ack!:Stop all this niceness crap.

No smack talk all week, I almost...almost... miss Rockets babble.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Deuce
12-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad

You really must be bored then!

garciap77
12-04-2009, 11:49 AM

LOL

OK! LE Sucks!:D

;)

Charlie47
12-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey Nice_Lady_ccmom! Ivchris and I, plus our wives will be there too! I also heard that McDirty was going to be there, but will see about that. :D

OK, that's amazing. Ya'll be safe, enjoy the M&G. Please don't lose it, when we win.:eek: :D

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 12:23 PM
LOL

OK! LE Sucks!:D

;) :clap: :clap:Thats more like it :thumbsup:

Lovejoy Leopards D1 State Champions 2009.
Mark it down

ccmom
12-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Please don't lose it, when we win.:eek: :D

I thought you weren't making any predictions, Charlie?? :confused:

Charlie47
12-04-2009, 12:45 PM
I thought you weren't making any predictions, Charlie?? :confused:

Can't I speak hopefully, did you notice no score prediction? ;) :D

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 12:46 PM
I thought you weren't making any predictions, Charlie?? :confused: :D Ya always gotta watch the nice ones :doh: LOL

ccmom
12-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Can't I speak hopefully, did you notice no score prediction? ;) :D

You can say whatever you want. I like your confidence. ;)

ccmom
12-04-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm just wondering....

Is there anybody on this board who is not associated with either team, but has seen them both play this year? :thinking: I was just wanting an unbiased person's assessment of how they think these two teams will match up.

Anyone?

Charlie47
12-04-2009, 01:16 PM
You can say whatever you want. I like your confidence. ;)

Hey, I'm an ol' worrywort, but I do know these kids. They will
do everything they can, they're winners.:clap: :D

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 01:36 PM
:clap: :clap:Thats more like it :thumbsup:

Lovejoy Leopards D1 State Champions 2009.
Mark it down

Cuero's gotta beat Gilmer first. Then Lovejoy wins state.

Wylie's Semi-finals Dynasty continues...:D

Raider Red
12-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey Garcia, I have not seen Lovejoy but I have seen Wylie and Gilmer and they are the best two teams in 3A. That does not mean they will both win and meet next week but position for position they have the two best teams. And I have coached and been around HS football for 40 years so I do have some credibility.

tank96
12-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Has anybody watched film of this Lovejoy team or been to a game and noticed how every time they make a play they act like they have won the super bowl.....I know Lovejoy fans will say they are just excited but I'm sorry....That's not the way I see those kind of displays.

We don't play like that and most of the teams we play handle their emotions with maturity and respect for the other team. One play at a time...giving it everything we've got. No show boatin or chest beatin' or trash takin' or pointin' at the crowd.. Just bring your best and we will find a way to handle it.
I read a quote from Roger Staubach and he said the reason he didn't celebrate after scores was because he knew he had to do it again the next series and the game wasn't over yet.. a workman mentality. That's the way Wylie plays...we have a job to do and we will do it till the final buzzer! I am proud of the way Wylie plays ball and I'm glad we don't have to make excuses for the way our boys behave...on or off the field!

It just bothers me to see high school players act like those overpaid, spoiled brat show offs in the NFL.
Anybody else feel that way?

Here's the last thing I've got to say: Strap your helmets on tight and check your ego at the house cuz' Lovejoy.....WE ARE GOING TO BRING IT!!!
GO DAWGS IT'S OUR YEAR!

You know what they say: "opinions are like navels everybody has one!"

Farmersfan
12-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Raider Red
Hey Garcia, I have not seen Lovejoy but I have seen Wylie and Gilmer and they are the best two teams in 3A. That does not mean they will both win and meet next week but position for position they have the two best teams. And I have coached and been around HS football for 40 years so I do have some credibility.

Wouldn't your first statement cancel out the rest of your post????

Charlie47
12-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by tank96
Has anybody watched film of this Lovejoy team or been to a game and noticed how every time they make a play they act like they have won the super bowl.....I know Lovejoy fans will say they are just excited but I'm sorry....That's not the way I see those kind of displays.

We don't play like that and most of the teams we play handle their emotions with maturity and respect for the other team. One play at a time...giving it everything we've got. No show boatin or chest beatin' or trash takin' or pointin' at the crowd.. Just bring your best and we will find a way to handle it.
I read a quote from Roger Staubach and he said the reason he didn't celebrate after scores was because he knew he had to do it again the next series and the game wasn't over yet.. a workman mentality. That's the way Wylie plays...we have a job to do and we will do it till the final buzzer! I am proud of the way Wylie plays ball and I'm glad we don't have to make excuses for the way our boys behave...on or off the field!

It just bothers me to see high school players act like those overpaid, spoiled brat show offs in the NFL.

Here's the last thing I've got to say: Strap your helmets on tight and check your ego at the house cuz' Lovejoy.....WE ARE GOING TO BRING IT!!!
GO DAWGS IT'S OUR YEAR!

I've been to 10 of the Lovejoy games and I've not seen any arrogance AT ALL!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: Let's talk football and quit
trying to slander a great bunch of kids. Crap like this will get you beat, bad!!:mad: :hand: BTW, that's not an opinion, that's it's
LOW CLASS!:foul:

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Hey Garcia, I have not seen Lovejoy but I have seen Wylie and Gilmer and they are the best two teams in 3A. That does not mean they will both win and meet next week but position for position they have the two best teams. And I have coached and been around HS football for 40 years so I do have some credibility. Lovejoy is good, not as good as Gilmer but I have not seen Wylie so I do not know how they will matchup with the Lovejoy kids. The scary part is these kids are all Jrs and Sophs and the school is growing and will be playing 3A with 4A #s the next 2 years

:doh:

Farmersfan
12-04-2009, 02:03 PM

GO DAWGS IT'S OUR YEAR!

I noticed and commented on that exact thing during the Prosper game. A certain player for Lovejoy acted like he just won the Superbowl, the World Cup and the World Series all rolled up in one and then the very next play he blew an assignment and gave up a touchdown pass to Prosper. I would be very, very angry if I were the Lovejoy coach. I think Lovejoy even had a unsportsman like conduct penalty because of celebration. I told the guys I was with it would happen before the game is over. They are lucky it didn't cost them the game. It could in this next game.
But you know there is a way to prevent them from celebrating after a big play...................? DON'T LET THEM HAVE BIG PLAYS!!!!!

hollywood
12-04-2009, 02:05 PM
There's always an upset waiting to happen in any given game. Just don't think it'll be in this game. Lovejoy has had a great season so far but will find out how good Wylie really is. When Wylie's clicking on all cylinders, in which they have 13 of 14 weeks, look out. I've watched some really good 4A and 3A programs compete this season and Wylie could play with any of them... including Aledo, Everman, and Stephenville. The thing about it is that they are not over confident... they just line up play after play and whoop ya.

Farmersfan
12-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
There's always an upset waiting to happen in any given game. Just don't think it'll be in this game. Lovejoy has had a great season so far but will find out how good Wylie really is. When Wylie's clicking on all cylinders, in which they have 13 of 14 weeks, look out. I've watched some really good 4A and 3A programs compete this season and Wylie could play with any of them... including Aledo, Everman, and Stephenville. The thing about it is that they are not over confident... they just line up play after play and whoop ya.

But of course Lovejoy doesn't do all that stuff?????

I noticed MaxPreps has Lovejoy ranked higher than Wylie this week.

http://www.maxpreps.com/list/rankings.aspx?ssid=f11d21e3-d9ab-4c9b-974b-ff4fcfed5c76&state=TX&sectionid=-Select-&statedivisionid=8e25908d-d951-4f9d-96df-19297ab9c06e&teamsize=11

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 02:14 PM
I've watched both teams play and I think they will match up well against one another. Wylie looks to me much like Prosper, only with a much better balanced offense. I don't think Wylie's defense is any better than Prosper's. If so, it's marginal. To me, the difference is that the dogs don't rely solely on one offensive player (Juan, in Prosper's case). I think that if both teams are clicking on all cylinders it will be a close battle. I'm trying not to look through red and black colored glasses when I say Lovejoy could pull this off with at least a 7pt win. However, if they are playing from behind, like the past two weeks, I'm not sure they can make the comeback.

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

http://www.maxpreps.com/list/rankings.aspx?ssid=f11d21e3-d9ab-4c9b-974b-ff4fcfed5c76&state=TX&sectionid=-Select-&statedivisionid=8e25908d-d951-4f9d-96df-19297ab9c06e&teamsize=11

So, if I'm reading this correctly, MaxPreps has Lovejoy ranked higher than Wylie, and Hollywood doesn't think there will be an upset this week, does that mean he's actually picking Lovejoy??:cool:

ccmom
12-04-2009, 02:20 PM

He was only referring to the one team in this matchup that he has actually seen play this season. Lighten up! :rolleyes: You boys are so sensitive! ;)

garciap77
12-04-2009, 02:23 PM

Thanks for the information! Anything can happen in the playoffs! And I agree that having the best team does not always guarantee a State Championship!:)

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 02:24 PM

GO DAWGS IT'S OUR YEAR!

What film did you watch? If it was the past three games, to Lovejoy every big play was like winning the Super Bowl. They haven't had the honor of getting knocked out in the Semi's the past two years.
With the exception of one or two players, this team is not arrogant. Yes, they get on each other's hats when they make a big play, and they get excited, but what's wrong with that? I worry more about a team that does not play with emotion than one that does. WP, LE, and Prosper were all HUGE wins for such a young team and a young program. Keep in mind, with the exception of the O-Line, most of these kids are only Jrs.

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the information! Anything can happen in the playoffs! And I agree that having the best team does not always guarantee a State Championship!:) Just ask Rocket:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hollywood
12-04-2009, 02:32 PM

That's great for the fans, I guess.:clap: You can through that kind of stuff out the window in the playoffs. I'm not discounting that Lovejoy will be a good team or that they deserve to be in this game or that they don't line up every play to go to battle. Lovejoy has played some really good teams. What I'm saying is that Wylie is like a machine. Very few mistakes and very disciplined. They have a scary kind of confidence. And they are not small. Just sayin'. You'll see.

garciap77
12-04-2009, 02:32 PM
I've watched both teams play and I think they will match up well against one another. Wylie looks to me much like Prosper, only with a much better balanced offense. I don't think Wylie's defense is any better than Prosper's. If so, it's marginal. To me, the difference is that the dogs don't rely solely on one offensive player (Juan, in Prosper's case). I think that if both teams are clicking on all cylinders it will be a close battle. I'm trying not to look through red and black colored glasses when I say Lovejoy could pull this off with at least a 7pt win. However, if they are playing from behind, like the past two weeks, I'm not sure they can make the comeback.

You got that right! The bulldogs do not rely solely on one offensive or defensive player! You will see Wylie offensive/defensive players substituting in and out throughout game, sometimes on every play!

hollywood
12-04-2009, 02:36 PM

That's a good honest assessment. I don't think Wylie's D is the top in the state, but given how balanced their offense is, they have every position covered... 2 deep!! That's the scary part. It should be a great game.

garciap77
12-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
That's a good honest assessment. I don't think Wylie's D is the top in the state, but given how balanced their offense is, they have every position covered... 2 deep!! That's the scary part. It should be a great game.

Try three in some positions!:D

tank96
12-04-2009, 02:44 PM

Now they are quite poised. They may revert, but I doubt. I am
quite confident you will be playing one of the best QBs you have
seen. He has good speed, throws one of the best spirals I've
seen. I'm 62, he's the best I've seen. Example, he's better than a
guy called Gary Mullins, who led San Angelo Central to a state championship. He is better than Stephen McGee, much better
speed, an equal arm, much shifter. You may want to criticize
me or say I'm crazy. I've watched him all year, I've missed 2 games, including Liberty-Eylau. Unfortunately, I will miss the game
too:(
I followed Stephen all four years, I know how good he was, Michael is special. [/B]

Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Here's a link the to the Lovejoy QB's webiste. Pretty imprsive resume and stats.

http://www.site.michaelmeans16.com

A website for your QB......I'm going to lose my lunch ...where's the trash can!

I'm going to remove all Doubt about my Stupidity!!: THAT IS ARROGANCE!

nobogey72
12-04-2009, 03:23 PM

I tried early this week, but Charlie was too nice and I may have offended him for which I apologized. Now this other yayhoo has got on here so off come the gloves. Lovejoy "Lovebirds" gimme a break LOL. There!!!! Did that sound like Rocket?????:D :D

Bullaholic
12-04-2009, 03:24 PM

IMO, looks like his site was made by a relative and strikes me as more of a proud family, as well as brag site. I didn't find it to be over-the-top or too flashy. I don't think any of the quotes were made by him, but by the media.

Charlie47
12-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
IMO, looks like his site was made by a relative and strikes me as more of a proud family, as well as brag site. I didn't find it to be over-the-top or too flashy. I don't think any of the quotes were made by him, but by the media.

Thank-you, your exactly correct. It was put there so family could follow the season.

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I tried early this week, but Charlie was too nice and I may have offended him for which I apologized. Now this other yayhoo has got on here so off come the gloves. Lovejoy "Lovebirds" gimme a break LOL. There!!!! Did that sound like Rocket?????:D :D :clap: :clap: Pretty close, :thinking:maybe a little "you don't understand" "we're gonna smack you in the mouth" "we will own Lovewhatever" "are they even relevent" and who could forget " shut up" throw 1 or all of those into a post and :thumbsup: ya got it :D

:D :p

garciap77
12-04-2009, 03:46 PM
:clap: :clap: Pretty close, :thinking:maybe a little "you don't understand" "we're gonna smack you in the mouth" "we will own Lovewhatever" "are they even relevent" and who could forget " shut up" throw 1 or all of those into a post and :thumbsup: ya got it :D

:D :p

Were you out early this week attending one of Rocket's "Talk Smack Seminars"? Looks like you are getting you monies worth!:D

;)

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 03:51 PM

This could have been made by him personally, or a family member, either war it doesn't matter. I'm willing to bet that this site was created for recruiting purposes. The kid has talent, but let's not kid ourselves. It's not like Mack Brown and Bob Stoops are coming out to Lovejoy games to watch him play. I credit whowever made the website for doing something proactive to help Mike's cances at getting noticed and being offered a college scholorship. There are home made highlight reels all over you tube for kids across the nation that serve the same purpose.

nobogey72
12-04-2009, 03:57 PM
He was only referring to the one team in this matchup that he has actually seen play this season. Lighten up! :rolleyes: You boys are so sensitive! ;)

Don't blame them for being so sensitive. They appear to all have been born with silver spoons up their a$$es, which would make you sensitive also. Might make you walk funny also. :D :D

garciap77
12-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Wylie fans! Which way are you traveling to Waco? I-20 E to TX 6 S, TX 36 to 84 E, 84 E etc....... Just asking due to weather conditions!

Charlie47
12-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Don't blame them for being so sensitive. They appear to all have been born with silver spoons up their a$$es, which would make you sensitive also. Might make you walk funny also. :D :D

:crying: Why now?:(

LE Dad
Were you out early this week attending one of Rocket's "Talk Smack Seminars"? Looks like you are getting you monies worth!:D

;) :D

markp08
Wylie fans! Which way are you traveling to Waco? I-20 E to TX 6 S, TX 36 to 84 E, 84 E etc....... Just asking due to weather conditions!

I'll be taking 36-84. Either 6 or 84 runs you into town real close to the stadium. I don't think either way will be worse than the other. Be safe. See you there....somewhere!

garciap77
12-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by markp08
I'll be taking 36-84. Either 6 or 84 runs you into town real close to the stadium. I don't think either way will be worse than the other. Be safe. See you there....somewhere!

Thanks! The parking lots look small!

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=0,0,2347955459160279209&fb=1&hq=waco+isd+stadium&hnear=Texas&gl=us&daddr=1401+South+New+Road,+Waco,+TX+76711-1336&geocode=9582749836937138570,31.508511,-97.159659&ei=C3IZS_iZMInN8Qa1-p3pDA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=directions-to&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQngIwAA

tank96
12-04-2009, 04:17 PM

:) :) CAREFUL....with comments like that you'll be taken off of Charlie's " I luv you and want to meet you and hold your hand list";)

nobogey72
12-04-2009, 04:24 PM

tank96
12-04-2009, 04:29 PM
This could have been made by him personally, or a family member, either war it doesn't matter. I'm willing to bet that this site was created for recruiting purposes. The kid has talent, but let's not kid ourselves. It's not like Mack Brown and Bob Stoops are coming out to Lovejoy games to watch him play. I credit whowever made the website for doing something proactive to help Mike's cances at getting noticed and being offered a college scholarship. There are home made highlight reels all over you tube for kids across the nation that serve the same purpose.

:thinking: I would love to see some of the Wylie players' "postings" from their season on you tube or facebook or one of their web sites or where ever! Can you help me find them???....I have searched and I can't find any!! I have kept up with the team most diligently and I have never run across anything like what you say is so common. Maybe their families have found other less conspicuous ways of keeping up. Sorry....Just thinkin out loud.

BDB
12-04-2009, 04:57 PM

We will be going I-20 to Hwy 6, unless someone can tell me the other way is faster?

squid
12-04-2009, 05:03 PM
I traveled to Waco on business for about 10 years. Hwy 36 was always faster, by about 15-20 minutes. And besides, theres a Storms Burgers in Hamilton, so it was kind of a no brainer.

markp08
12-04-2009, 05:07 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=0,0,2347955459160279209&fb=1&hq=waco+isd+stadium&hnear=Texas&gl=us&daddr=1401+South+New+Road,+Waco,+TX+76711-1336&geocode=9582749836937138570,31.508511,-97.159659&ei=C3IZS_iZMInN8Qa1-p3pDA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=directions-to&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQngIwAA

It may be but it can't be smaller than Saginaw's homeside parking lot. I have more parking at my house than that! That was rediculous.:doh:

BDB
12-04-2009, 05:13 PM

Where did you see a parking lot with that link? All I seen was a pin mark showing where the stadium is.:nerd:

BDB
12-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I traveled to Waco on business for about 10 years. Hwy 36 was always faster, by about 15-20 minutes. And besides, theres a Storms Burgers in Hamilton, so it was kind of a no brainer.

You may be changing my mind, I might have to go 36 now:thinking:

garciap77
12-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the inputs! We traveled 36 to Waco for the State Final in 2004! Thanks squid!

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the inputs! We traveled 36 to Waco for the State Final in 2004! Thanks squid! All I can say is if Wylie wins, it won't matter who wins the other game, the board will be lit up all week looooong :clap: :clap:

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 06:18 PM
:thinking: I would love to see some of the Wylie players' "postings" from their season on you tube or facebook or one of their web sites or where ever! Can you help me find them???....I have searched and I can't find any!! I have kept up with the team most diligently and I have never run across anything like what you say is so common. Maybe their families have found other less conspicuous ways of keeping up. Sorry....Just thinkin out loud.

Don't be such a jack a$$. Someone might call you out.

Mike Kiger highlight film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44bS_y8yDHA

Wylie REgular season 2008:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSHm27Zy8SY

Do the search yourself...there's plenty. More you tube videos of Wylie than Lovejoy, for that matter. I guess that makes them "arrogant."

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh, and Michael is not the only thing for y'all to worry about. I'm sure you'll be seeing plenty of this, as well!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOjvw098Pmo&feature=fvsr

GO LEOPARDS!!!!!

Charlie47
12-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Oh, and Michael is not the only thing for y'all to worry about. I'm sure you'll be seeing plenty of this, as well!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOjvw098Pmo&feature=fvsr

GO LEOPARDS!!!!!

Hey Tsip, did you see any celebration?, I saw a bunch of TDs, no
celebration.;)

garciap77
12-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Go Bulldogs!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/20091128-072935-pic-699819995_t607.jpg

Beat The LEOPARDS!

ccmom
12-04-2009, 07:37 PM
I noticed and commented on that exact thing during the Prosper game. A certain player for Lovejoy acted like he just won the Superbowl, the World Cup and the World Series all rolled up in one and then the very next play he blew an assignment and gave up a touchdown pass to Prosper. I would be very, very angry if I were the Lovejoy coach. I think Lovejoy even had a unsportsman like conduct penalty because of celebration. I told the guys I was with it would happen before the game is over. They are lucky it didn't cost them the game. It could in this next game.
But you know there is a way to prevent them from celebrating after a big play...................? DON'T LET THEM HAVE BIG PLAYS!!!!!

Charlie and Tsip, I'm curious as to why this comment didn't get y'all all upset like Tank's did? :thinking:

I don't have a clue whether the Leopards celebrate excessively or not, nor do I care really. As Farmersfan said, stop the big plays and you don't have to worry about the other team celebrating. ;)

I'm looking forward to a great (but COLD) game. I expect both teams will give it their all and it will be a game to remember. I hope for safe travels and an injury free game.

Go Bulldogs!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Go Bulldogs!

Beat The LEOPARDS!

Nice pic. Was that taken BEFORE y'all played Prosper? BTW, how did y'all do against them. :D j/k

I'm getting my smack talk out now. unfortunately I will be in Huntsville watching the Gilmer/Cuero game tomorrow, but I will be back on here Sunday to congratulate the winning team...whatever the outcome!

GO LEOPARDS!!! BEAT THE dogs!!!

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Charlie and Tsip, I'm curious as to why this comment didn't get y'all all upset like Tank's did? :thinking:

I don't have a clue whether the Leopards celebrate excessively or not, nor do I care really. As Farmersfan said, stop the big plays and you don't have to worry about the other team celebrating. ;)

I'm looking forward to a great (but COLD) game. I expect both teams will give it their all and it will be a game to remember. I hope for safe travels and an injury free game.

My comment to that was that every big play against Prosper WAS the Super Bowl to us. I don't have a problem seeing kids celebrating big plays in big games. That's what big Mo is all about...getting the team EXCITED!! Tanks comments about kids celebrating don't bother me. Saying that the kids are cocky and arrogant is a different sotry. Especially coming from someone who knows little to nothing about the team. I would not say anything about the Wylie kids because I don't know them and have only been to one game. The fans on the other hand....:p

Charlie47
12-04-2009, 07:51 PM

As a Wylie poster PM'ed me, "just ignore him", so I did.
I do hope all of you fine folks have a safe trip, I sure wish I could be there.:(

garciap77
12-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Nice pic. Was that taken BEFORE y'all played Prosper? BTW, how did y'all do against them. :D j/k

I'm getting my smack talk out now. unfortunately I will be in Huntsville watching the Gilmer/Cuero game tomorrow, but I will be back on here Sunday to congratulate the winning team...whatever the outcome!

GO LEOPARDS!!! BEAT THE dogs!!!

Who's Prosper? This is 2009 baby! Get with it!:D

Football In December 2009! :D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/2009Team.jpg

:p

;)

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Well, at least you guys will be happy that we got them out of the way for you!

ccmom
12-04-2009, 07:58 PM
As a Wylie poster PM'ed me, "just ignore him", so I did.
I do hope all of you fine folks have a safe trip, I sure wish I could be there.:(

A Wylie poster told you to ignore a new poster from Farmersville? :confused: Interesting...

Anyway, Go Dawgs! :clap:

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 07:59 PM
cc, I have to ask...what are the little smilies with the dancing turds in the back???

garciap77
12-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Well, at least you guys will be happy that we got them out of the way for you!

Well........ We had some unfinished business with them, but I guess we can take it out on The Leopards!:D

ccmom
12-04-2009, 08:02 PM
cc, I have to ask...what are the little smilies with the dancing turds in the back???

LOL! Are you talking about these :cheerl: :cheerl: ?

Those are cheerleaders with pony tails and pom-poms. But thanks to you I will never be able to look them the same! haha :D

Ranger Mom
12-04-2009, 08:05 PM
LOL! Are you talking about these :cheerl: :cheerl: ?

Those are cheerleaders with pony tails and pom-poms. But thanks to you I will never be able to look them the same! haha :D

LOL....me neither!!!

Here are some more:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/AnimatedSmileys.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/cheerleader.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/party0011.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/party0002.gif

ccmom
12-04-2009, 08:07 PM
LOL....me neither!!!

Here are some more:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/AnimatedSmileys.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/cheerleader.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/party0011.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/party0002.gif

Well I don't have all those super cool smileys!! :(

;)

Ranger Mom
12-04-2009, 08:09 PM

;)

Now you do....just right click on one, copy the properties and put it into the IMG box...provided for you at the top of your post.:D

ccmom
12-04-2009, 08:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/cheerleader.gif

Ooooooh baby, I'm gonna be WAY too cool now!! :cool:

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Ahhhhh...I see. Still think they look like turds trying to look over a smilie's shoulder...:)

Ranger Mom
12-04-2009, 08:14 PM

Ooooooh baby, I'm gonna be WAY too cool now!! :cool:

Welcome to the club!!:p :p

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 08:16 PM

;) :( :( Me either :nerd:

garciap77
12-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Ahhhhh...I see. Still think they look like turds trying to look over a smilie's shoulder...:)

Get over it! Deal with it!:D

garciap77
12-04-2009, 08:20 PM
:( :( Me either :nerd:

You don't need them LE Dad! You might hurt yourself!:D

;)

Graham 14 over Wimberley 1st qtr!

garciap77
12-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Graham 21 Wimberley 0!

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Welcome to the club!!:p :p Haaa, so thats what that does lol:thinking: Guess that is what posters off season is for:p I will develop my posting skills to make 2010 a better year:clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
12-04-2009, 08:22 PM

;)

Graham 14 over Wimberley 1st qtr!

I think they just scored again!!!

I gave instructions and ccmom understood them immediately!!!! I don't know how much clearer to make it!!:p

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh, I'm over it. I've got this guy:

http://longhornfanzone.net/forums/images/smilies/Banane0.gif http://longhornfanzone.net/forums/images/smilies/Banane0.gif http://longhornfanzone.net/forums/images/smilies/Banane0.gif

Ranger Mom
12-04-2009, 08:24 PM

http://longhornfanzone.net/forums/images/smilies/Banane0.gif http://longhornfanzone.net/forums/images/smilies/Banane0.gif http://longhornfanzone.net/forums/images/smilies/Banane0.gif

gotta love the dancing banana!!!!

garciap77
12-04-2009, 08:26 PM

http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-cute-002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-cute-002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-cute-002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons.php)

;)

Tsip85
12-04-2009, 08:28 PM
OK, may be my last post of the night. To all y'all headed to Waco tomorrow, safe travels. May the best team win...or Wylie if Lovejoy decides not to show up.:D I'll be back Sunday to congratulate the Wylie folks if the manage to pull it off, or to gloat HEAVILY if lovejoy wins! I'll have some good info from the Gilmer/Cuero game. I hate to miss the Wylie/Lovejoy game, but at least I won't be sitting out in the cold. Y'all enjoy freezing your buns off!! Good luck to all!!

LE Dad
12-04-2009, 08:29 PM

;)

Graham 14 over Wimberley 1st qtr! More smileys...More better :D

garciap77
12-04-2009, 08:33 PM
More smileys...More better :D

:2thumbsup

ccmom
12-04-2009, 08:35 PM
OK, may be my last post of the night. To all y'all headed to Waco tomorrow, safe travels. May the best team win...or Wylie if Lovejoy decides not to show up.:D I'll be back Sunday to congratulate the Wylie folks if the manage to pull it off, or to gloat HEAVILY if lovejoy wins! I'll have some good info from the Gilmer/Cuero game. I hate to miss the Wylie/Lovejoy game, but at least I won't be sitting out in the cold. Y'all enjoy freezing your buns off!! Good luck to all!!

I'm loving the dancing banana! :clap: Good luck to all.

squid
12-04-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm loving the dancing banana!

I'm really hoping that nobogey is not downlowing tonight, because this could get really bad....

ccmom
12-04-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm really hoping that nobogey is not downlowing tonight, because this could get really bad....

ROFL! I had to read that twice to catch what you meant, but now I am so disappointed in myself for setting myself up like that! :doh:

squid
12-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Well, thats all I'm going to say about that

http://randomcrates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Forrest_Gump_22.jpg

ccmom
12-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Well, thats all I'm going to say about that

http://randomcrates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Forrest_Gump_22.jpg

LOL!! See you tomorrow! Go Dawgs!

showtime91
12-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Could i ask a quick favor of a lovejoy fan?

When Blake Martin is back there receiving the kickoff, could someone tell him to signal if it went through the field goal? Thanks, I would really appreciate it :)

tank96
12-05-2009, 09:02 AM
GO DAWGS!!!!! WIN STATE!!!

LE Dad
12-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by showtime91
Could i ask a quick favor of a lovejoy fan?

When Blake Martin is back there receiving the kickoff, could someone tell him to signal if it went through the field goal? Thanks, I would really appreciate it :) :) Three things

1. Thats a funny post :evillol: :evillol:

2. My head says Lovejoy wins

and

3.Gotta go with my heart.........................

.................................................. .................... :D

Go Wylie Bulldogs!! :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-05-2009, 09:36 AM
:) Three things

1. Thats a funny post :evillol: :evillol:

2. My head says Lovejoy wins

and

3.Gotta go with my heart.........................

.................................................. .................... :D

Go Wylie Bulldogs!! :clap: :clap:

Thanks! :D

Tsip85
12-05-2009, 09:44 AM
That was a pretty funny post. I'd say the same thing if I knew who the returnmen were for the dogs. As you'll see tonight, Eddie P. has a strionget leg than Gray. But, still funny...:p

LE Dad, don't you know that man's fatal flaw is thinking w/ his heart rather than his head?? That's why God made men logical and women sensitive...

Go Leopards!

showtime91
12-05-2009, 09:58 AM
That was a pretty funny post. I'd say the same thing if I knew who the returnmen were for the dogs. As you'll see tonight, Eddie P. has a strionget leg than Gray. But, still funny...:p

LE Dad, don't you know that man's fatal flaw is thinking w/ his heart rather than his head?? That's why God made men logical and women sensitive...

Go Leopards!

Hey I'm trying to be serious here! It's not like you can ask a ref to do that sorta thing!

But now that I think of it, the weather might affect the kicks tonight anyways

BDB
12-05-2009, 10:19 AM
It is GAME DAY people!!!!! Wake up and get going.All who travel to the game, I hope for safe travel. I hope no one gets hurt from either side. Ok I got to get ready, WACO watch out because here come the BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

garciap77
12-05-2009, 10:19 AM
What time is the send off?
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_2300.jpg

Go Bulldogs!

ccmom
12-05-2009, 10:22 AM
What time is the send off?
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_2300.jpg

Go Bulldogs! I think it is at 11:40am and the boys are leaving at 12:10pm, garcia. Go Dawgs! :clap:

squid
12-05-2009, 10:22 AM
11:40, busses pull out at 12:10

garciap77
12-05-2009, 10:25 AM
11:40, busses pull out at 12:10

Thanks!

garciap77
12-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Here we go Bulldogs!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC01280.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC01266.jpg

Halestorm
12-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Man I wish I could be at this game! Too cold to take the baby, though. The wife said we could stay til the half then go out to eat with family in Waco, but I'd rather stay here to catch the whole thing on the radio.

Go Dawgs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie47
12-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Touchdown Lovejoy
First possession
7-0:clap: :clap:

Charlie47
12-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Field goal Abilene Wylie
7-3 Lovejoy:clap: :clap:

LE Dad
12-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Keep em coming Charlie:thumbsup:

Charlie47
12-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Int Wylie
TD Wylie
10-7 Wylie:(

skins4life
12-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Keep em coming Charlie:thumbsup:

DITTO

theoldoaktree
12-05-2009, 09:26 PM
GO WYLIE!

ccmom
12-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm frozen, and mentally exhausted....headed to the hotel but just had to say.......Great game Leopards........woooooooooohooooooooooo. Way to go Dawgs!!!!!

tank96
12-06-2009, 10:29 AM
“Hats off to (Lovejoy) they played a great game, and we know what it feels like to be in their position,” said Preston, who passed for 153 yards and a touchdown and ran for 65 yards on 12 carries. “But we couldn’t worry about that. We had to understand that this is a new team and this is a new year. We did that tonight.

"Never underestimate the Heart Of A CHAMPION!"

garciap77
12-06-2009, 10:48 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/ThosedogsareBull-1.jpg
No More!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/WylievsLovejoypost.jpg
Wylie players, from left, Austin Gray (88), Matt Preston (18) and Grayson Martin (2) celebrate the Bulldogs’ 31-27 win over Lucas Lovejoy in the Class 3A Div. I state semifinal playoff football game on Saturday at Waco ISD Stadium in Waco.
THOMAS METTHE/REPORTER-NEWS

BDB
12-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Hats off to LL, that is one heck of a team, and to think, they are mainly jr's? I would not want to see them next year!!!

Tsip85
12-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Congrats to the Bulldogs. Sounded like a great game. I'm thinking y'all were getting a bit nervous there at the end. Great job and hats off to y'all. I watched Gilmer/Cuero last night. That game came down to the wire as well. Gilmer could not stop Cuero until when it counted...1st and goal with under a minute left and they held them at the 5. Gilmer has no running game, a very big offensive line that gives their qb ALL DAY in the pocket, and a qb that MUST be contained.

I watched Vince Young play in the playoffs when he was at Madison and this kid looks and plays just like him. Stop #10=Wylie State Championship!

Good luck Dogs.