PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Sinton R4 DII Final

Pages : [1] 2 3

Pudlugger
11-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Well now that Sinton disposed of Royal it is the La Grange Leopards against the Sinton Pirates for the Region 4 Championship and a trip to the semi's. Both teams have powerful offenses. Who will win?

IHStangFan
11-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Sinton played an impressive game against Royal tonight. Great job Pirates.

With that said....this will be 2 high flying, pass happy offenses going at it. It will come down to defense. I believe La Grange might have the edge.

I'll take LG by a TD.

Sorry Pirates...I know this makes 2 weeks in a row. I was wrong this week...maybe I will be again.

:thinking:

Footballhudini
11-28-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm still trying to let this Sinton win sink in. OMG

Pudlugger
11-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

With that said....this will be 2 high flying, pass happy offenses going at it. It will come down to defense. I believe La Grange might have the edge.

I'll take LG by a TD.

Sorry Pirates...I know this makes 2 weeks in a row. I was wrong this week...maybe I will be again.

Welcome aboard IHStangFan. The Leps are playing their best football now and they match up well against the Pirates. I like our chances. This should be another hard fought game and decided by a td or so. Hope it is on Saturday to give both teams time to recover and prepare. Go Leps beat Sinton!:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2009, 11:16 PM
game is looking like somewhere in SA

SintonFan
11-28-2009, 11:17 PM

I'll take LG by a TD.

You can take LG for the win and root for the Pirates.:) :nerd:

IHStangFan
11-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Welcome aboard IHStangFan. The Leps are playing their best football now and they match up well against the Pirates. I like our chances. This should be another hard fought game and decided by a td or so. Hope it is on Saturday to give both teams time to recover and prepare. Go Leps beat Sinton!:D Been following you guys since ya'll played Needville back when I was in Iraq. There were only a couple of teams I could listen to over there. I have listened to you and Cuero all season long whenever I could. I like both of your chances this coming week. Wish more teams had reliable, consistant webcasts!! ***cough***NEEDVILLE***cough*** :D

gobbler grad
11-28-2009, 11:27 PM
These Pirates are for real...they win by 14 in this one...would like to see this one

Blue42
11-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Two good teams I think Ill take the Leps by a TD

tigerfan09
11-29-2009, 12:15 AM
This one will probably be on Saturday at the Alamodome.

Gobbler Fan
11-29-2009, 12:15 AM
I went to the game tonight heres my take ... If BR had any kind of a passing game against Sinton I believe they would have won . With all that speed you would think they would have a burner at the Reciever position just to keep teams honest but seriously I have to give the BR Coaches some props for a great season and what a turnaround for that program . Sinton will have to establish the run against LG to have a chance in winning . Sinton had problems running running the ball but they got by BR because BR had a hard time covering the pass . La Grange will not have that problem they see that offense everyday....just my take .

LG by 14

Congratulations on the win Sinton

FutureAD
11-29-2009, 12:40 AM
game is friday at 7 in san antonio at converse stadium

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2009, 12:42 AM
good luck Pirates. 7 pm

XtremeCouture
11-29-2009, 12:43 AM
LG by 21+ easy

pirate4state
11-29-2009, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
LG by 21+ easy keep picking against us and we will continue to prove you wrong!

Pirates by 7!

sinton66
11-29-2009, 03:17 AM
Hey Pud, I believe this is a first. I don't think Sinton and LaGrange have ever played each other before. We definitely need a M&G.

I'm praying for an injury free game. Whoever wins will need all their people for the next round.

sinton66
11-29-2009, 03:57 AM
sinton fans should just do their part in saving the environment and stay home. don't waste the gas on this one folks. royal by 21+ easy.

originally posted by XtremeCoture
lol i was working on a research paper and watching stanford get weiss fired. grats to the pirates. sintonfan you have my permission to use my quote as a signature. it was sarcasm but if it makes you feel better then have at it.

LG by 21+ easy

This one "sarcasm" too?

Pudlugger
11-29-2009, 08:27 AM
It;s great to be still playing in December. The last time we did that was 2001. This will be the first time the Leps and the Pirates have played each other in football. I,m really excited about this match and look forward to a hard fought game. Go Leps, win state!:) :cheerl:

hookandladder
11-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Pretty sure game time is 7:30pm.

jrej
11-29-2009, 12:33 PM
from Pearsall, I,ve got to say im rooting for Sinton. I havent seen LG play so do not have any idea how they are, but to do a comparison, Pearsall beat Devine 18 to 15. Sinton beat Pearsall 13 to 12. L.G beat Devine 37 to 0 . Ive seen Sinton play twice this year, against RioHondo and against our Pearsall Mavericks. From what I saw from Sinton in both games in good weather and the worst weather from strong winds to strong rains is that Sinton drops alot of passes, open passes. The o line gives the QB time to pass, the recievers have to do their part and catch every ball that goes towards their way. If they do that Sinton will have a very good chance to win. Hopefully that part of the game is cleaned up and Sinton comes out with the win. Good luck to Sinton and I hope this game is S.A so that my travel time is only 50 min. Sinton by 2 T.D's

Pudlugger
11-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by jrej
from Pearsall, I,ve got to say im rooting for Sinton. I havent seen LG play so do not have any idea how they are, but to do a comparison, Pearsall beat Devine 18 to 15. Sinton beat Pearsall 13 to 12. L.G beat Devine 37 to 0 . Ive seen Sinton play twice this year, against RioHondo and against our Pearsall Mavericks. From what I saw from Sinton in both games in good weather and the worst weather from strong winds to strong rains is that Sinton drops alot of passes, open passes. The o line gives the QB time to pass, the recievers have to do their part and catch every ball that goes towards their way. If they do that Sinton will have a very good chance to win. Hopefully that part of the game is cleaned up and Sinton comes out with the win. Good luck to Sinton and I hope this game is S.A so that my travel time is only 50 min. Sinton by 2 T.D's

So by your logic referenced in your statements because LG blew out a common opponent that Sinton barely beat and that the Sinton receivers can't catch the ball consistantly that makes them a two td favorite over La Grange? Okay, whatever man.:rolleyes:

pirate4state
11-29-2009, 01:04 PM
It;s great to be still playing in December. The last time we did that was 2001. This will be the first time the Leps and the Pirates have played each other in football. I,m really excited about this match and look forward to a hard fought game. Go Leps, win state!:) :cheerl: Same here. I am real excited about this match up. I feel we match up well against yall. Yall have a good QB, we have a good QB. Yall have some excellent WRs and we have 12 different kids that have caught passes this year. Where I'd give yall an edge is at RB. We lost our 2 main RBs to injury, but our freshman has really stepped up and if we can get him a lane, he has proven that he can get some huge yards!!

Haven't seen yall on defense, yet so I'll reserve my comments for later in the week.

Our defense played their best game last night. Hope they feed off that performance because we will need it next week!!

GO PIRATES!!! :cheerl:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2009, 01:07 PM
from Pearsall, I,ve got to say im rooting for Sinton. I havent seen LG play so do not have any idea how they are, but to do a comparison, Pearsall beat Devine 18 to 15. Sinton beat Pearsall 13 to 12. L.G beat Devine 37 to 0 . Ive seen Sinton play twice this year, against RioHondo and against our Pearsall Mavericks. From what I saw from Sinton in both games in good weather and the worst weather from strong winds to strong rains is that Sinton drops alot of passes, open passes. The o line gives the QB time to pass, the recievers have to do their part and catch every ball that goes towards their way. If they do that Sinton will have a very good chance to win. Hopefully that part of the game is cleaned up and Sinton comes out with the win. Good luck to Sinton and I hope this game is S.A so that my travel time is only 50 min. Sinton by 2 T.D's Sinton all year have 1 or two great qtrs offensively in every game but have those qtrs in a game that they start dropping passes and run more and their attack tempo slows down. But they're the type of team that wont win by style points, THEY JUST WIN, 23-2 in their last 25 games.

sinton66
11-29-2009, 01:15 PM
It;s great to be still playing in December. The last time we did that was 2001. This will be the first time the Leps and the Pirates have played each other in football. I,m really excited about this match and look forward to a hard fought game. Go Leps, win state!:) :cheerl:

Have we played each other in any other sport? I don't honestly remember. We're really excited about this game too. It should draw a huge crowd. I know Sinton has played baseball playoffs at Judson, but I don't remember any football games there. It would have been better for me personally if it was Northside, (Short drive from my daughter's house) but I'll go wherever I need to.;)

hookandladder
11-29-2009, 01:32 PM
from Pearsall, I,ve got to say im rooting for Sinton. I havent seen LG play so do not have any idea how they are, but to do a comparison, Pearsall beat Devine 18 to 15. Sinton beat Pearsall 13 to 12. L.G beat Devine 37 to 0 . Ive seen Sinton play twice this year, against RioHondo and against our Pearsall Mavericks. From what I saw from Sinton in both games in good weather and the worst weather from strong winds to strong rains is that Sinton drops alot of passes, open passes. The o line gives the QB time to pass, the recievers have to do their part and catch every ball that goes towards their way. If they do that Sinton will have a very good chance to win. Hopefully that part of the game is cleaned up and Sinton comes out with the win. Good luck to Sinton and I hope this game is S.A so that my travel time is only 50 min. Sinton by 2 T.D's '

Interesting observation, can't quite figure it out but interesting. When you do comparison's with simuliar stats, are your results the same no matter who's playing.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Have we played each other in any other sport? I don't honestly remember. We're really excited about this game too. It should draw a huge crowd. I know Sinton has played baseball playoffs at Judson, but I don't remember any football games there. It would have been better for me personally if it was Northside, (Short drive from my daughter's house) but I'll go wherever I need to.;) i remember the Sinton vs La Grange region final in baseball in 1987 very well my senior year, we had the bases loaded and no outs down 3-2 in the 7th inning with the batter with a 3 balls and no strikes, pitcher comes back to strike him out and next batter hits a fly ball to center field for 2nd out and the throw home throws out the runner tagging up from 3rd on our fastest baserunner to end the game.

XtremeCouture
11-29-2009, 03:05 PM
This one "sarcasm" too?
seriously it's the 4th round of the playoffs. Nobody is going to win easily by 21 points. I expect LG to win but a close game

Pudlugger
11-29-2009, 03:46 PM
seriously it's the 4th round of the playoffs. Nobody is going to win easily by 21 points. I expect LG to win but a close game

Welllll, in 2000 the Leps beat Mathis in round 4 by a score of 52-14. Anything can happen. Not saying the Leps will do it again , just sayin' LOL.:D

Johnny Utah
11-29-2009, 03:56 PM
That was the 3rd round my friend.

Pudlugger
11-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
That was the 3rd round my friend.

Round 1 LG v Ingram Moore
Round 2 La Grange v La Vernia
Round 3 La Grange v Yoakum
Round 4 La Grange v Mathis
Round 5 La Grange v Marlin
Round 6 La Grange v Forney

In 2001 LG played Mathis in Round 3 and won 21-0 iirc.

sinton66
11-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Welllll, in 2000 the Leps beat Mathis in round 4 by a score of 52-14. Anything can happen. Not saying the Leps will do it again , just sayin' LOL.:D

Are you trying to tell us 2009 La Grange is as good or better than 2000 La Grange? I'm certainly not saying 2009 Sinton is as good or better than 2001 Sinton, but I like our chances.;) Are you going to be at this game? We have to do a M&G for a historic match up. You don't have to be in the pictures if you don't want to.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2009, 04:58 PM
just sayin' LOL.:D where i have seen this phrase used before :thinking: :D

Third
11-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Congrats Sinton from another Pearsall faithful. It's heartbreaking but also feels good in a way to have lost to you guys in such a close, hard fought game. Go all the way!!!

lostaussie
11-29-2009, 06:06 PM
I'll be rooting for the PIRATES because strangely enough, some of then always root for us.................on to the semis:clap::clap:

pirate4state
11-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I'll be rooting for the PIRATES because strangely enough, some of then always root for us.................on to the semis:clap::clap: :2thumbsup I <3 the Buckeyes!! I am so excited. I get to watch us compete in the region quarterfinals on Friday and get to watch the match up I've been looking forward to since '06 ==== GILMER VS. CUERO! :cheerl:

Save me a seat!!!

44INAROW
11-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:2thumbsup I <3 the Buckeyes!! I am so excited. I get to watch us compete in the region quarterfinals on Friday and get to watch the match up I've been looking forward to since '06 ==== GILMER VS. CUERO! :cheerl:

Save me a seat!!!
you're gonna sit on the Gilmer side :( :)

I am still supporting the Pirates as I always do.. think this is a close game but the Pirates aren't scared of close games - hhmm 35-28 Pirates..

pirate4state
11-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you're gonna sit on the Gilmer side :( :)

I am still supporting the Pirates as I always do.. think this is a close game but the Pirates aren't scared of close games - hhmm 35-28 Pirates..

I will probably do like I did last year for WOS/Gilmer. Sit on each side for a half. ;) I love you :kiss: and some of the other posters, but can you really blame me, as a Sinton fan, for not having much love for the Gobblers? :devil: :bigcry: :D

hookandladder
11-29-2009, 07:26 PM

I am still trying to figure this out, looking at the scores did Sinton have a bad game against Pearsall because Devine was just not very good. Sinton must have had a very bad night, please enlighten us

sinton66
11-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I am still trying to figure this out, looking at the scores did Sinton have a bad game against Pearsall because Devine was just not very good. Sinton must have had a very bad night, please enlighten us

The game was played in a monsoon:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/sinVmav.jpg
Matt Gaitan with a kick or punt return!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/kg_sinton.jpg

Keith Garcia, freshman making his debut!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I am still trying to figure this out, looking at the scores did Sinton have a bad game against Pearsall because Devine was just not very good. Sinton must have had a very bad night, please enlighten us Sinton vs Pearsall (http://www.kiiitv.com/sports/hssports/70683882.html?skipthumb=Y)

Pudlugger
11-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Are you trying to tell us 2009 La Grange is as good or better than 2000 La Grange? I'm certainly not saying 2009 Sinton is as good or better than 2001 Sinton, but I like our chances.;) Are you going to be at this game? We have to do a M&G for a historic match up. You don't have to be in the pictures if you don't want to.:D

I don't know if they are as good as the 2000 team. I was merely pointing out to the other poster that there was a precedent for a large margin of victory even in round 4 for a La Grange team. I will be delighted if the Leps win by 1.:D

Ranger354
11-29-2009, 08:33 PM

Sinton and Pearsall both had tough nights that night in the rain. I was really impressed this week against Royal and some of the play calling. Finally our coaches opened it up some. There were many passes that were on the mark, but defended well. The onside kick was the best though. Up 14 - 0 and They had not even touched the ball. Now that was a statement out of the gate.

As always our boys never give up. And if they ever put 4 quarters together there will be no stopping them. The defense was tough and Sinton gave up a couple of big plays, but that is what happens when you play speed. I think it took Royal a couple of series to figure out they could not make cuts on that turf.

No predictions here, but it ought to be a great game.

sinton66
11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't know if they are as good as the 2000 team. I was merely pointing out to the other poster that there was a precedent for a large margin of victory even in round 4 for a La Grange team. I will be delighted if the Leps win by 1.:D

I'll be glad if the Leps lose by 1 point.:D

spirate_9
11-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Teams can win easily in the 4th round. The 2001 Sinton team dominated Bridge City in the 4th round (38-0). I seriously doubt this year's Sinton team has the level of talent the '01 squad had however.

Third
11-29-2009, 10:22 PM

He's actually not comparing scores, he's simply saying how the scores played out. If you read, he has a lot of "ifs" and "hopefullys" in there in refering to him saying what Sinton needs to do to keep it close and possibly pull out a win.

jrej
11-29-2009, 10:52 PM
your right on Third.

Third
11-29-2009, 11:47 PM

Games are also very different from week to week. Pearsall beat Bandera and Devine lost to Bandera by a point. Bandera rolled Wimberley 41-21 and the Texans are still going in the playoffs.

Pudlugger
11-30-2009, 04:09 AM
Harrison impressed me after listening to the radio broadcast of the Sinton/BR game. He made several clutch pass completions during crunch time. He definitely performed well under great pressure. This will be a game with two excellent quarterbacks playing for a trip to the state semi-finals. I am looking forward to a high scoring shoot out. :)

sinton66
11-30-2009, 05:33 AM
I'm hoping this will be a great game. Two tradition rich schools with a regional title on the line should be an instant classic. I'm just praying the game stays injury free.

GO PIRATES!!!

hookandladder
11-30-2009, 07:19 AM

There is very little difference between the two teams, both years had a very good QB with this years team we may have a little more speed on offense. Defense also very little difference, not real big but everyone does their job and just fly to the ball. Kids just play all out every play.The biggest difference between the team of 00 and 09 is the kicking game, 2000 we had a really good kicker/punter that played a huge part in our win against Marlin that sent us to the championship game. From listening to Sinton's game Saturday night it sounds like they have a pretty good kicking game, so if this game turns into a shootout the extra points could be the differences.

Pudlugger
11-30-2009, 09:52 AM
I'll follow up on Hook's post. Our qb this year is a little better passer than in 2000 but Gunn was a much better rusher and ran the option to perfection. Since this team plays out of the Spread formation it is difficult to compare.
This year we have more speed on both offense and defense. Our receivers are better in my opinion than in 2000. Our punter has about the same distance but we do not have as good a place kicker. We can make fgs within the 15 while with Seifert in 2000 we could consistantly score fgs out to 30+ yards. The o line in 2000 was bigger and better especially for the veer offense running game. This year's o line has been very good but not quite at the level of that state championship team with Chovanec, and the Schramm boys. Our d line is better this year by a little imo. In summary, I'd say that they are pretty much on the same level now except for one unproven intangible: does this team want the trophy as bad as the 2000 team and are they willing to do what it takes to get it? We shall see soon. Go Leps beat Sinton, win state.

Crasher
11-30-2009, 11:37 AM
I gotta be honest ...i'll take sinton in this one...I saw the royal game vs sinton and i saw the La Grange game vs Devine.. IN all reality devine was not very good. those sinton kids look tiny. but they play big...Sinton by 7

footballguru
11-30-2009, 12:09 PM
I took some kids to Victoria and watched Sinton beat BR. Sinton is a very scrappy team. They are very oppurtunistic, and they have a bend but do not break defense. Their offense is very explosive with Josh, Ramsey, Shane, Jeremy and Keith(I picked up a roster). BR was stopped several times in the red zone by costly turnovers. Watching the game I thought that momentum was huge and the Sinton players responded every time BR scored. Either team is capable of winning.

pirate4state
11-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by footballguru
Either team is capable of winning. I agree. We are almost mirror images of each other. This game could last 5 hours! :eek: :doh:

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhiI C
11-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Sinton wins 35 to 28.

GO PIRATES!

sinfan75
11-30-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm taking Sinton by a point

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Will Sinton have some players back for this game? Freshman RB has looked very good in both games but would help to have top two rbs back for this game. Noticed Ryan wasnt on crutches anymore.

SINTON81
11-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Will Sinton have some players back for this game? Freshman RB has looked very good in both games but would help to have top two rbs back for this game. Noticed Ryan wasnt on crutches anymore. What I here is that Ryan is out. I was told he was going to have surgery.:(

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Monday morning QB: Playoffs| POLLS
Sinton could use some advice from former coach

* By John Allen
* Posted November 30, 2009 at 4:49 a.m.

COASTAL BEND — When it comes to figuring out a way to beat La Grange in the state quarterfinals, Sinton may go to an old friend for some advice.

Former Pirates coach Jimmie Mitchell led Sealy to the 25-3A district title, which included a 38-31 win over La Grange in the regular-season finale.

Mitchell’s Sealy squad won despite being outgained (413-408) and losing the turnover battle (2-0). What Sealy did accomplish was the Tigers made La Grange one-dimensional on offense (La Grange threw 52 passes and ran 13 times – six by the quarterback) and complete a high percentage of passes (16 of 25 – 64 percent), while sticking with the running game (37 carries) despite only gaining 4.3 yards per carry.

It’s a formula Sinton could copy on Friday night in Converse.

Sinton and Sealy are two different type of offenses, I dont see them changing to more run plays, Pirates will pass as much as La Grange does.

hookandladder
11-30-2009, 02:45 PM

* By John Allen

COASTAL BEND — When it comes to figuring out a way to beat La Grange in the state quarterfinals, Sinton may go to an old friend for some advice.

Former Pirates coach Jimmie Mitchell led Sealy to the 25-3A district title, which included a 38-31 win over La Grange in the regular-season finale.

Mitchell’s Sealy squad won despite being outgained (413-408) and losing the turnover battle (2-0). What Sealy did accomplish was the Tigers made La Grange one-dimensional on offense (La Grange threw 52 passes and ran 13 times – six by the quarterback) and complete a high percentage of passes (16 of 25 – 64 percent), while sticking with the running game (37 carries) despite only gaining 4.3 yards per carry.

Sinton and Sealy are two different type of offenses, I dont see them changing to more run plays, Pirates will pass as much as La Grange does.

I hope Sinton does try to guard Wilkerson man to man, this will definitely open our passing game up. Some of our pass plays are just like runs, man to man defense suits us well. Devine seemed to have the right defense but could not stop are running game also our starting RB should be back and at full speed.

footballguru
11-30-2009, 03:22 PM
I do not think Sinton has a Dexter Downey or a receiver like Miller. Sinton is a great football team, but just because one team beats another does not mean you can do what they did. Ingleside defeated Sinton, maybe LG needs to talk to them.

Pudlugger
11-30-2009, 04:39 PM
The Leps lost to Sealy by a td. A key play just before Sealy's last score was a 4th and short on the Lep 45. The Leps threw to #8 McHazzlett who caught the ball just beyond the marker on the far side of the field. He was clearly beyond the marker but was hit immediately by the safety and knocked back about a half yard. The ref on that side spotted the ball where he fell while the ref on our side stood at the point of forward progress where it would have been a first down. When the ref spotted the ball short he ran up and talked it over. The ball measured an inch short. The Tigers got the ball and scored two plays latter. Had we converted the game might have gone differently. It was a very close game. The Lep game plan was solid and the breaks just went to Sealy. Sealy was a tremendous football team and the Leps gave them all they could handle. Go Leps Beat Sinton Win State!

pirate4state
11-30-2009, 04:41 PM

* By John Allen

Me either! I am quite happy with our offense. We will mix in running and will have Acosta back, but Cantu is done for the year. :( You've got to go with what you have.

pirate4state
11-30-2009, 04:42 PM
The Leps lost to Sealy by a td. A key play just before Sealy's last score was a 4th and short on the Lep 45. The Leps threw to #8 McHazzlett who caught the ball just beyond the marker on the far side of the field. He was clearly beyond the marker but was hit immediately by the safety and knocked back about a half yard. The ref on that side spotted the ball where he fell while the ref on our side stood at the point of forward progress where it would have been a first down. When the ref spotted the ball short he ran up and talked it over. The ball measured an inch short. The Tigers got the ball and scored two plays latter. Had we converted the game might have gone differently. It was a very close game. The Lep game plan was solid and the breaks just went to Sealy. Sealy was a tremendous football team and the Leps gave them all they could handle. Go Leps Beat Sinton Win State! And we lost to Ingleside by 7 too and if the refs would have called all the holding, yada, yada, yada.....

We are in for a treat Friday night. This WILL be a great game and for one team the dream will still be alive. GO PIRATES BEAT THE LEPS!

hookandladder
11-30-2009, 04:54 PM
And we lost to Ingleside by 7 too and if the refs would have called all the holding, yada, yada, yada.....

We are in for a treat Friday night. This WILL be a great game and for one team the dream will still be alive. GO PIRATES BEAT THE LEPS!

You say Sinton lost to Ingleside by 7 points, the same Ingleside team that Cuero just beat up on. WOW.

pirate4state
11-30-2009, 04:57 PM
You say Sinton lost to Ingleside by 7 points, the same Ingleside team that Cuero just beat up on. WOW. I'm sorry, did I miss something? Did La Grange beat Cuero? :confused: So what? Remind me again who your other loss was to? Oh yeah....Giddings. Who beat Giddings? Oh yeah Royal. LOL

You & I both know none of that matters because these teams are not the same teams that played & lost on the same night to two teams who are no longer playing!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2009, 04:59 PM
You say Sinton lost to Ingleside by 7 points, the same Ingleside team that Cuero just beat up on. WOW. Cuero squeak by Yoakum that lost to Brookshire by a good margin that Sinton just beat. Cuero whipped on Sealy that beat La Grange.

but these teams do have a common opponent. La Grange 42 Goliad 0 and Sinton 35 Goliad 19 and i think they both scrimmage La Vernia. Sinton shut them out in their scrimmage 3 td to 0

But all that means squat. Sports is about matchups and sometimes some teams matchup better.

Pudlugger
11-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I know that it useless to write about what could have been. The game was played and it was close and we lost by an inch. Point is not to be a whinner but that the game plan didn't fail us it was just the breaks. I bet the coaches will not worry much about Mitchell's advice to Sinton coaches. The Leps will come out and run the ball. Their running game is solid and when the opportunity presents itself they will pass the ball. So far the offense averages 37 points/game and the defense gives up 18 points/game. If our defense can hold the Pirates to 28 points or less the offense should put up enough points to win. It will be another high scoring game and hard fought. Go Leps beat Sinton win State!

pirate4state
11-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I know that it useless to write about what could have been. The game was played and it was close and we lost by an inch. Point is not to be a whinner but that the game plan didn't fail us it was just the breaks. I bet the coaches will not worry much about Mitchell's advice to Sinton coaches. The Leps will come out and run the ball. Their running game is solid and when the opportunity presents itself they will pass the ball. So far the offense averages 37 points/game and the defense gives up 18 points/game. If our defense can hold the Pirates to 28 points or less the offense should put up enough points to win. It will be another high scoring game and hard fought. Go Leps beat Sinton win State! Exactly. Except for the last part....that should be reversed! :D

Pudlugger
11-30-2009, 05:08 PM
You say Sinton lost to Ingleside by 7 points, the same Ingleside team that Cuero just beat up on. WOW.

Ingleside beat Sinton by 7, Ingleside lost to Mathis 22-21, Mathis lost to Devine 14-13, La Grange beat Devine 36-0. My head is spinning....help!:eek:

hookandladder
11-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Ingleside beat Sinton by 7, Ingleside lost to Mathis 22-21, Mathis lost to Devine 14-13, La Grange beat Devine 36-0. My head is spinning....help!:eek:

You got that right,Go figure. I know scores against common opponent's don't always tell the tell but after watching Devine last Friday those scores are amazing. Wow, will be interesting Friday. Hey Pud come by the tailgate party Friday before the game.

sinton66
11-30-2009, 06:44 PM
District games in D31 are usually close between Sinton, Mathis, Ingleside, and Robstown. They are rivalries. If I were yall, I wouldn't put too much stock in those scores. It don't mean much.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Sinton VS Brookshire Royal (http://www.kristv.com/player/?video_id=1091&zone_id=69&categories=69)

IHStangFan
11-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Cuero squeak by Yoakum that lost to Brookshire by a good margin that Sinton just beat. Cuero whipped on Sealy that beat La Grange.

but these teams do have a common opponent. La Grange 42 Goliad 0 and Sinton 35 Goliad 19 and i think they both scrimmage La Vernia. Sinton shut them out in their scrimmage 3 td to 0

But all that means squat. Sports is about matchups and sometimes some teams matchup better. DING DING DING!! Exactly. Common opponents/scores are not exactly an accurate measuring stick.

With that said...I DO think the Leps come out on top. Sinton will give them a decent game though I'd suspect.

Ranger354
11-30-2009, 08:25 PM
DING DING DING!! Exactly. Common opponents/scores are not exactly an accurate measuring stick.

With that said...I DO think the Leps come out on top. Sinton will give them a decent game though I'd suspect.

Aren't you the same person that said Brookshire would roll over us? I think Ingleside, Mathis, and Robstown could have beaten Brookshire, but is just my 2 cents.

I like it that Sinton has been picked as the under dog in almost every game they have played. I say Sinton by 3. And a win is a win.

Pudlugger
11-30-2009, 08:26 PM
La Grange 26 Yoakum 0

hookandladder
11-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Cuero squeak by Yoakum that lost to Brookshire by a good margin that Sinton just beat. Cuero whipped on Sealy that beat La Grange.

But all that means squat. Sports is about matchups and sometimes some teams matchup better.

La Grange scrimmaged Cuero and Liberty Hill, faired pretty well against both teams. Cuero was definitely the better team of the two, which is nothing new. Cuero whipped up on Sealy in the second half, Cuero also whipped up Ingleside in the first half and cruised the second half just like La Grange did to Devine. Our coach had a good heart not to run up the score, just what the Devine coach asked for in the our NewsPaper.

Pudlugger
11-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Goliad scored 19 on Sinton?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Goliad scored 19 on Sinton? Everybody ran the ball on Sinton during the season with Sinton bending for the most part. With that, it kept Sinton offense off the field in most games. Sinton defense has fare better in the playoff than in district where they struggled to stop the run. This defense has a few underclassmen and have played more agressive in the playoffs.

I like Sinton chances this week, than the previous week(BR speed look like a problem before the game) Sinton 35 La Grange 27

pirate4state
11-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Goliad scored 19 on Sinton? Yeah, way back in week zero.

Ranger354
11-30-2009, 09:30 PM
When Sinton played Mathis, I think Sinton touched the ball maybe three times in the first half. Mathis just had a rushing game that Sinton couldn't stop. They played ball control. That is until the 4th quater. Then they got toasted on the pass.

I think Royal was kinda stunned when Sinton was up 14 - 0 and their offense hadn't touched the ball.

Ranger354
11-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Oh, Sinton's freshman RB has two games under his belt with this offense. He broke one for 80 yards against Royal. Sinton can run, they just choose not to. Why run when your QB has a birds eye view of the field and can pick most defenses apart.

Shouldn't we be getting a few players back this week???

hookandladder
11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
Oh, Sinton's freshman RB has two games under his belt with this offense. He broke one for 80 yards against Royal. Sinton can run, they just choose not to. Why run when your QB has a birds eye view of the field and can pick most defenses apart.

Shouldn't we be getting a few players back this week???

With a QB that can throw that good and also a RB that runs that well, looks like a long night for LG. Although I would say LG has faced some pretty good QB's and RB's in the playoffs already. Sweeny and Edna were pretty good teams, both of those teams would have beat Devine by 3 or 4 TD's.

Ranger354
11-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Thats why I think it will be a good close game. I don't think either team will run (pass) away with it.

Lets just hope no one gets hurt on the field or off the field getting to and from the game.

gameface
11-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Lots of smoke in the air. Sounds like perceived competence versus stats don't lie competence to me. Why run? because leopard #11 had 3 interceptions last week! Why pass? because freshman rb can't find seem on leopard defensive line! Leopards win by 14.

IHStangFan
11-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Aren't you the same person that said Brookshire would roll over us? I think Ingleside, Mathis, and Robstown could have beaten Brookshire, but is just my 2 cents.

I like it that Sinton has been picked as the under dog in almost every game they have played. I say Sinton by 3. And a win is a win. I am surprised Royal DIDN'T roll all over the Pirates. But alas they didn't. Royal was inconsistent all season, we all know that...look at their record and who they lost to and then beat. La Grange is NOT Royal and have played consistent all season long.

Why are some people so touchy? SORRY for not thinking the Pirates will win this one...but it's just how I feel.

If I'm wrong...I'll come get me a serving of crow just like I did when they beat Royal.

GO LEPS!!

OH...P.S. Sinton the underdog in every game? LOL...come on man....Rio Hondo...I said Sinton would roll....Pearsall...again....nobody here other than people from that district thought Sinton would lose that game.

Third
11-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I am surprised Royal DIDN'T roll all over the Pirates. But alas they didn't. Royal was inconsistent all season, we all know that...look at their record and who they lost to and then beat. La Grange is NOT Royal and have played consistent all season long.

Why are some people so touchy? SORRY for not thinking the Pirates will win this one...but it's just how I feel.

If I'm wrong...I'll come get me a serving of crow just like I did when they beat Royal.

GO LEPS!!

OH...P.S. Sinton the underdog in every game? LOL...come on man....Rio Hondo...I said Sinton would roll....Pearsall...again....nobody here other than people from that district thought Sinton would lose that game.

Actually three of four writers at texasfootball.com had Pearsall beating Sinton and the Harris Poll had Pearsall by eight as well.

IHStangFan
11-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Third
Actually three of four writers at texasfootball.com had Pearsall beating Sinton and the Harris Poll had Pearsall by eight as well. I for one didn't think Pearsall would beat Sinton.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2009, 11:02 PM
LG folks - keep bragging on those early-mid August scrimmages. Neither LH nor Cuero is the same team now they were then...especially us! Besides NEITHER of us has anything to do with THIS game! :p

IHStangFan
11-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LG folks - keep bragging on those early-mid August scrimmages. Neither LH nor Cuero is the same team now they were then...especially us! Besides NEITHER of us has anything to do with THIS game! :p Neither does Mathis, Ingleside, Rio Hondo, etc. etc. etc.

But what we CAN do is take a look at stats as people seem to be interested in them....

La Grange

In the playoffs:

43.6 PF avg.
18.3 PA avg.

Playoff Opponents:

Sweeny
Edna
Devine

Sinton

In the playoffs:

24 PF avg.
19 PA avg.

Playoff Opponents:

Rio Hondo
Pearsall
Brookshire-Royal

Does this mean anything? Maybe not...but it's worth looking at and discussing since everyone is into stats and opponents played.

pirate4state
11-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Today flew by for me. Hopefully, the rest of the week will too. I am so ready to watch this game and see how our boys play this week!

How the hell did we limit BR to 24 points!?!?! :eek: WOW

sinton66
11-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Neither does Mathis, Ingleside, Rio Hondo, etc. etc. etc.

But what we CAN do is take a look at stats as people seem to be interested in them....

La Grange

In the playoffs:

43.6 PF avg.
18.3 PA avg.

Playoff Opponents:

Sweeny
Edna
Devine

Sinton

In the playoffs:

24 PF avg.
19 PA avg.

Playoff Opponents:

Rio Hondo
Pearsall
Brookshire-Royal

Does this mean anything? Maybe not...but it's worth looking at and discussing since everyone is into stats and opponents played.

YAWN! You did this last week too. Did it help your prediction?

Third
11-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Neither does Mathis, Ingleside, Rio Hondo, etc. etc. etc.

La Grange

In the playoffs:

43.6 PF avg.
18.3 PA avg.

Playoff Opponents:

Sweeny
Edna
Devine

Sinton

In the playoffs:

24 PF avg.
19 PA avg.

Playoff Opponents:

Rio Hondo
Pearsall
Brookshire-Royal

I think it's safe to say that both teams have proven it's not about what you've done but what you've got to do next. Predictions are just that, I doubt you'll find a Sinton fan on here picking La Grange and vice versa.

IHStangFan
11-30-2009, 11:26 PM
YAWN! You did this last week too. Did it help your prediction? Again...why do people get so touchy when someone picks against their team and just points out stats/facts. I don't think it is a 100% lock for picking games, as we all know anything can happen....just pointing out that Sinton has had a couple of close games....whereas La Grange has not.

GEEZ ...you Sinton folk get all worked up when not everyone is drinking the maroon and silver kool-aid! LOL.

:p

Third
11-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Again...why do people get so touchy when someone picks against their team and just points out stats/facts. I don't think it is a 100% lock for picking games, as we all know anything can happen....just pointing out that Sinton has had a couple of close games....whereas La Grange has not.

GEEZ ...you Sinton folk get all worked up when not everyone is drinking the maroon and silver kool-aid! LOL.

Maybe because the stats have no reasoning. Those numbers aren't against Sinton and theirs aren't against La Grange. Sinton's seemingly made it a weekly habit to win close games. Better to win them than lose them. Someone could offer up that prior to Devine La Grange gave up 13 TDs in 3 games and Sinton can roll up the points as well as the regular season proves. Stats are pretty on paper but the game is played on grass (or field turf).

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2009, 11:33 PM
BR rolled through Giddings and Yoakum but magically return to normal ways against Sinton? Like i mention when i saw BR against Yoakum, they would struggle stopping Sinton passing game. Havent seen La Grange but if they think they've seen the better Qbs in Sweeny and Edna well ......... wait and see.

IHStangFan
11-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Maybe because the stats have no reasoning. Those numbers aren't against Sinton and theirs aren't against La Grange. Sinton's seemingly made it a weekly habit to win close games. Better to win them than lose them. Someone could offer up that prior to Devine La Grange gave up 13 TDs in 3 games and Sinton can roll up the points as well as the regular season proves. Stats are pretty on paper but the game is played on grass (or field turf). Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by trying to analyze the game/teams though stats. sheesh!

Forget I said anything.

GO LEPS!!! :clap:

sinton66
11-30-2009, 11:35 PM
Again...why do people get so touchy when someone picks against their team and just points out stats/facts. I don't think it is a 100% lock for picking games, as we all know anything can happen....just pointing out that Sinton has had a couple of close games....whereas La Grange has not.

I don't care who you pick. I'm just pointing out how fallable your "logic" is.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2009, 11:37 PM

:p its maroon and white ;)

with the exception of 3 games Sinton has had all the games close, they just know how to win, like i said earlier Sinton doesn't have the team that wins by style points, THEY JUST WIN.

Now if our passing game is stopped all 4 qtrs then were in trouble, they've been stop for a half and even 3 qtrs and still explode in the 4th and win.

Third
11-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by trying to analyze the game/teams though stats. sheesh!

Forget I said anything.

GO LEPS!!! :clap:

None hurt on my part, I've got no dog in the fight. Just saying people can throw all kinds of stats out all night, doesn't mean a whole lot. I just don't understand why you'd expect them to actually like your pick or agree with it especially given the fact you were wrong about them last week.

IHStangFan
11-30-2009, 11:38 PM
I don't care who you pick. I'm just pointing out how fallable your "logic" is. LOL....not sure the stats alone were my "logic"...as stated, just throwin em out there. But whatever.

GO LEPS!! :clap:

IHStangFan
11-30-2009, 11:41 PM
None hurt on my part, I've got no dog in the fight. Just saying people can throw all kinds of stats out all night, doesn't mean a whole lot. I just don't understand why you'd expect them to actually like your pick or agree with it especially given the fact you were wrong about them last week. Yes, I was, and I came and ate my crow. Don't expect "them" to like it....but respect that I have an opinion and that I try to take in tangible variables to assist in my picks and justify why I pick a certain way....yeah, I guess I'm guilty.

ATTENTION WORLD....I WAS WRONG LAST WEEK.

Guess I'm the only one who ever makes incorrect picks. :rolleyes:

Good luck Sinton Pirates.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't care who you pick. I'm just pointing out how fallable your "logic" is. Unfortunally, Sinton does'nt have a stats type of team that makes them look good, but bottom line is they've won in all their games but 1 when the game was over.

pirate4state
11-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Unfortunally, Sinton does'nt have a stats type of team that makes them look good, but bottom line is they've won in all their games but 1 when the game was over. That's the most important stat...the WIN COLUMN. :2thumbsup

Third
11-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Yes, I was, and I came and ate my crow. Don't expect "them" to like it....but respect that I have an opinion and that I try to take in tangible variables to assist in my picks and justify why I pick a certain way....yeah, I guess I'm guilty.

ATTENTION WORLD....I WAS WRONG LAST WEEK.

Guess I'm the only one who ever makes incorrect picks. :rolleyes:

Good luck Sinton Pirates.

That's fair enough but seems to me you're not factoring in the "tangible variable" that Sinton somehow managed to win a game you didn't think they could win. Why shouldn't that factor in? Things like heart, will, destiny and even maybe luck aren't stats you find on paper, that's what makes this game so great.

IHStangFan
12-01-2009, 12:09 AM
That's fair enough but seems to me you're not factoring in the "tangible variable" that Sinton somehow managed to win a game you didn't think they could win. Why shouldn't that factor in? Things like heart, will, destiny and even maybe luck aren't stats you find on paper, that's what makes this game so great. I feel like I've given Sinton a fair shake, and usually try to be objective. When I felt they'd win...I said so....and vise versa. I picked against them last week and now I'm "the guy who picked and was wrong". I wasn't wrong when I picked them to beat Rio Hondo and Pearsall.

I'll go ahead and quote myself in a few of my posts about Sinton:

Disclaimer at the end of my posted stats:

"Does this mean anything? Maybe not..."

In response to a Sinton fan who was pointing out common opponents and stats:

" Common opponents/scores are not exactly an accurate measuring stick."

My response to Sinton being underdogs:

"I for one didn't think Pearsall would beat Sinton."

Giving credit where credit was due...

"Sinton played an impressive game against Royal tonight. Great job Pirates."

Pearsall -vs Sinton thread:

"How does Pearsall look this year? Haven't heard much about em.
D31 sweep two weeks in a row?!?!"

"GO SINTON!!!"

Sinton -vs- Rio Hondo thread:

"Sinton won't even break a sweat.

Sinton 35
RH 10"

yada yada yada. Several others here went to the "common opponent" comparison.....a few stats were thrown around....I didn't see the harm in adding a few more...but it would appear that since the stats I posted were not in Sinton's favor...a few people have their panties in a wad. It's usually the same couple of people who get this way every year. I got the same kind of flack last year when I picked Bellville over the Pirates.

(shrug)...what can ya do?

:doh:

Third
12-01-2009, 12:22 AM
...but it would appear that since the stats I posted were not in Sinton's favor...a few people have their panties in a wad.

Herein lies the problem, how are these stats not in Sinton's favor, because they scored fewer points, won by a smaller margin? Teams win their own way, bottom line is whether it's by 1 or 100, it still goes down as a W.

sinton66
12-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Herein lies the problem, how are these stats not in Sinton's favor, because they scored fewer points, won by a smaller margin? Teams win their own way, bottom line is whether it's by 1 or 100, it still goes down as a W.

And, in the playoffs, anything below a 3 to 1 pf/pa ratio is basically a toss-up.

We don't CARE about the stats.

IHStangFan
12-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Herein lies the problem, how are these stats not in Sinton's favor, because they scored fewer points, won by a smaller margin? Teams win their own way, bottom line is whether it's by 1 or 100, it still goes down as a W. Perception is reality. I guess everyone sees it in their own way and are entitled to their own opinion......as is my point.

If this is what you get when you look at the stats I posted, then that's what you see.

I see a very potent offense w/ a very good defense that is matching up against a scrappy team who has yet to play a full 4 quarters with the exception of maybe last week. With that said...yes, Sinton has found ways to win up until this point.

It is MY own personal opinion that this "finding ways to win" mentality won't get it done against La Grange. I stated pretty much the same thing in my original post in this thread.

Both offenses can score, there is no doubt. The question I keep asking myself is who's D will step up?

I keep coming up w the same answer.

La Grange. Again I apologize to anyone that is upset w/ my assessment and that doesn't agree w/ me.

I was wrong last week....maybe I will be again.

IHStangFan
12-01-2009, 12:30 AM
And, in the playoffs, anything below a 3 to 1 pf/pa ratio is basically a toss-up.

We don't CARE about the stats. YOU may not...but several others in this thread have compared like opponents, mentioned stats....

I don't care that you don't care about stats. This is a football discussion board right? I thought I was just discussing football. My bad.

SintonFan
12-01-2009, 12:35 AM
I'll take the Pirates by 3 in a close game this week.:)
GO PIRATES!!!

Third
12-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Perception is reality. I guess everyone sees it in their own way and are entitled to their own opinion......as is my point.

If this is what you get when you look at the stats I posted, then that's what you see.

I see a very potent offense w/ a very good defense that is matching up against a scrappy team who has yet to play a full 4 quarters with the exception of maybe last week. With that said...yes, Sinton has found ways to win up until this point.

It is MY own personal opinion that this "finding ways to win" mentality won't get it done against La Grange. I stated pretty much the same thing in my original post in this thread.

Both offenses can score, there is no doubt. The question I keep asking myself is who's D will step up?

I keep coming up w the same answer.

La Grange. Again I apologize to anyone that is upset w/ my assessment and that doesn't agree w/ me.

I was wrong last week....maybe I will be again.

What did you base your Sinton-Pearsall pick on? Pearsall came in to that game averaging 45 points a game and surrendered 10 a game. I'm trying to understand your rationale. Did you just think Sinton would find a way to win?

IHStangFan
12-01-2009, 12:48 AM
What did you base your Sinton-Pearsall pick on? Pearsall came in to that game averaging 45 points a game and surrendered 10 a game. I'm trying to understand your rationale. Did you just think Sinton would find a way to win? I thought I had already made clear that the stats I posted were just for consideration purposes since others were comparing like opponents and going down the stat road.....and that it was not my sole basis for my picks. :doh:

Not sure why I feel obligated to justify myself...but strangely...I do.

In a nutshell....I feel La Grange is the better, more well rounded team. I don't know any other way to explain it. Stats, like opponents, etc. are just for consideration and discussion purposes.

Come Sunday night...if I'm wrong yet again for the 2nd week in a row. I'll be here to take my serving of crow....until then, I stand by my pick/opinion.

sinton66
12-01-2009, 01:03 AM
YOU may not...but several others in this thread have compared like opponents, mentioned stats....

I don't care that you don't care about stats. This is a football discussion board right? I thought I was just discussing football. My bad.

Okay, by the very same argument, so was I in telling you they don't MEAN anything. Like I said, anything less than a 3 to 1 pf/pa ratio is a toss-up in the playoffs. That's MY opinion.

LOL, I think your whole purpose here was to try to get under some Sinton fans' skin just like last week. You seem disappointed it's not working.

IHStangFan
12-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Okay, by the very same argument, so was I in telling you they don't MEAN anything. Like I said, anything less than a 3 to 1 pf/pa ratio is a toss-up in the playoffs. That's MY opinion.

LOL, I think your whole purpose here was to try to get under some Sinton fans' skin just like last week. You seem disappointed it's not working. LOL...and here folks.... is the entire problem....you THINK that because an ex-Ingleside alum picks against the Pirates it's to "get under Sinton fans' skin". Gimme a flippin break man.

I picked Royal last week because I thought they'd win. I'm picking La Grange because I think they'll win. Am I right 100% of the time? No...but neither are you I'd suspect. Simple as that....nothing more to it.

I picked Sinton over Rio Hondo
I picked Sinton over Pearsall
I picked Royal over Sinton...I was wrong
I picked La Grange over Sinton...you appear to have a problem w/ it.

I'm 2-1....sue me.

sinton66
12-01-2009, 03:05 AM
No, it's not just because of the picks. You and I both know better.

IHStangFan
12-01-2009, 03:40 AM
No, it's not just because of the picks. You and I both know better. ??? Not sure I follow....but if you're insinuating that I came in here to stir up junk, and pick against the Pirates to try to get under someone's skin, and cause problems...you are mistaken. Why wouldn't I have been picking against them all season long if that were they case? Why would I go out of my way to try to justify myself and my picks if I were just trying to get under people's skin? Why wouldn't I just come in like one or two of the other posters and say stuff like

"LG by 21+"??

I don't know what you think I'm trying to do here, or why you seem to think that I'm out to ruffle feathers....but I assure you I'm not.

It IS getting a little old though, that every time I don't see eye to eye w/ the Pirate Nation....this is what happens. I realize I'm outnumbered, and I realize that Sinton basically runs this board or has at one time or another...i.e. Admin, Mod, etc. But I must reiterate....me picking against the Pirates these last two weeks has nothing to do w/ anything or anyone on a personal level. I must insist that we move on past that ideology, as isn't the case.

Heaven forbid I don't think they match up well w/ La Grange. I've been wrong before...and I admit it.

Not sure what the big deal is. :doh:

hookandladder
12-01-2009, 07:06 AM
LG folks - keep bragging on those early-mid August scrimmages. Neither LH nor Cuero is the same team now they were then...especially us! Besides NEITHER of us has anything to do with THIS game! :p

Go find you a basketball board to talk on til next year, Don't think LG is the same team as early in the year. No one was bragging about LH being good this year, Cuero was good early in the year and continued to get better. I think most knowledgeable fans knew LH would not be good this year. As DaddyD11 he knew what he was talking about, have a good BB season.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2009, 08:51 AM
could this game possibly be played in snow? its sure is looking like it will.

hookandladder
12-01-2009, 09:06 AM
could this game possibly be played in snow? its sure is looking like it will.

Weather.com has high of 53 and partly sunny for the day and low of 33, Sounds like good footabll weather to me.

garciap77
12-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Sinton will win this game! Graham and Sinton will play for the state title!:)

Mojado
12-01-2009, 09:18 AM
BR rolled through Giddings and Yoakum but magically return to normal ways against Sinton?

You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about... But that's OK, you're backing your team with rose colored glasses and I understand that. That's what HS football is all about. Good luck to both teams!!!

La Grange 42
Sinton 14

hookandladder
12-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Sinton will win this game! Graham and Sinton will play for the state title!:)

No matter who wins between LG and Sinton, Carthage will be the toughest team either team has faced all year. Carthage is a force in football and baseball in 3A.

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Sinton will win this game! Graham and Sinton will play for the state title!:) Thank you for the vote of confidence. I'll be happy if the first part of your post is true. :) Okay, I'd be happy if the second part was true also, but I'm not gonna look that far ahead. :D

It's cold & rainy and our boys are having FUN at practice. :D I mean, who wouldn't? GO GET 'EM BOYS! :cheerl: :cheerl:

Pudlugger
12-01-2009, 10:28 AM
What we have here is a failure to comunicate LOL. No matter what the stats say or how many folks pick LG to win you better believe the Sinton folks are going to come out and support/defend their team. That's what true fans and supporters do and no one does it better than Sinton folks. You have to admire and respect that.

This Leopard team is special. They have reignited Leopard Pride in our community after a five year drought. I don't know if they will win it all this year but they have the talent and heart to do so. They call themselves The Band of Brothers. They win or lose as a team. They will not let their brothers down. They will fight. Sinton better prepare for 4 quarters of intense football because that is what they will get. Their is no quit in this team. Leopards rock.
That being said the Leps will bring it Friday night and we will have one heck of a game. If the Leps maintain their focus and intensity I feel they will advance. Go Leps, beat Sinton win State.:)

Johnny Utah
12-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Anything can happen at this stage in the playoffs. Teams that get this far are well coached and very solid teams. The team that makes the fewest mistakes and plays with more intensity and with no fear usually wins. Only 8 left in this division and 4 in Div. 1. Not too shabby by any stretch.

Mojado
12-01-2009, 10:39 AM
In the words of the Teetle...

"PudHugger's rite... Walker, hes donts take any team lightly. He knows what he be doing. He got something for Sinton and theys not gonna like it He gonna makes them like it. He be good that way. Sinton a good football team. (insert Sinton HC name here) gots them going. Theys just not going goods enough to beats the Leps. Go Leps".

:D

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ......... :D

turbostud
12-01-2009, 11:32 AM
IMO stats are for coaches, analysts, people who gamble, or people who are into fantasy football.
the stats on the Celina/Kennedale game should tell you all you need to know.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about... But that's OK, you're backing your team with rose colored glasses and I understand that. That's what HS football is all about. Good luck to both teams!!!

La Grange 42
Sinton 14 :clap:

the expert has posted, La Grange 42 Sinton 14!

sinton66
12-01-2009, 12:31 PM
:clap:

Again! and it should be exspurt.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Weather.com has high of 53 and partly sunny for the day and low of 33, Sounds like good footabll weather to me. From Accuweather for Converse,TX
Friday, Dec 4
High: 45 °F RealFeel®: 35 °F
Periods of clouds and sunshine, breezy and colder with a rain and snow shower possible
Friday Night, Dec 4
Low: 27 °F RealFeel®: 17 °F
Partly cloudy, brisk and cold; there will be a freeze

sinton66
12-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Are we doing a Meet and Greet?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Are we doing a Meet and Greet? halftime? its a work day and i would guess most will make it just before game time.

sinton66
12-01-2009, 12:46 PM
halftime? its a work day and i would guess most will make it just before game time.

Probably right. Pre-game would be tough. I'll be driving in from Houston.

hookandladder
12-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Are we doing a Meet and Greet?

LG Tailgate crew will be set up in parking lot at 4:30pm, cooking and getting ready for some Football. Home side.

Ranger354
12-01-2009, 01:55 PM
LG Tailgate crew will be set up in parking lot at 4:30pm, cooking and getting ready for some Football. Home side.

I will take my steak medium with a baked potatoe with a dab of butter. Thanks Oh, and don't start it too early, I won't get there til 6:30.

hookandladder
12-01-2009, 02:03 PM
I will take my steak medium with a baked potatoe with a dab of butter. Thanks Oh, and don't start it too early, I won't get there til 6:30.

OK

Mojado
12-01-2009, 02:04 PM
:clap:

I never said I was an expert, just stating my opinion... But...

Glad yall finally understand...

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Are we doing a Meet and Greet? I plan to be there around 5pm, but I've got some booster duties to do pre-game, so half-time works best for me.

sinton66
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Hopefully, I can take off a bit early and head out. Will most likely eat along the way, but will try to make the TG party.

CHEERDAD
12-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Wonder why we didn't try for the dome. I checked UIL site & they don't show any games there this weekend.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
12-01-2009, 03:04 PM
should be a great game... lots of talent on the leps side and i hear sinton is good, im gona try my hardest to make this game

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by CHEERDAD
Wonder why we didn't try for the dome. I checked UIL site & they don't show any games there this weekend. Personally, I hate the Alamodome for just one HS game. If it's a triple or double header, then it's great and there are plenty of fans, but it's too big, IMO.

Now, hindsight considering the weather forecasts, it would have been nice to be warm & dry, but it's December...let's play in the SNOW!!! :cheerl:

sinfan75
12-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by CHEERDAD
Wonder why we didn't try for the dome. I checked UIL site & they don't show any games there this weekend. I'm still wonderin why they ain't playin in Victoria. Pretty much halfway or both teams.

LHS 2SONS
12-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Most of the LG posters will be at the field around 5:00, except for Pudlugger, I do not know what his plans are. But it sounds like most of the Sinton posters can not get their early. Looks like halftime would be the best. ANyone know of a location at the field we could meet?

Safe travel to all and injury free game.

GO LEPS!

99IHSMustang
12-01-2009, 03:49 PM
I live about 15 minutes away from this stadium... should I go :confused: :D

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
I live about 15 minutes away from this stadium... should I go :confused: :D Sure, come on down. It will be a fun game.

hookandladder
12-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Weather forecast is starting to look like pretty bad weather, 29 and rain. That could cause very bad driving condition's, wonder if they will look at possible playing Saturday if weather condition's get worse. There is a game in Victoria Friday night, Blanco.

Pudlugger
12-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Accuweather.com has low of 27 brisk and cold with a freeze. Rain possible during the day.

BTW is the Game at 7:00 or 7:30? I heard both on this board.

hookandladder
12-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Accuweather.com has low of 27 brisk and cold with a freeze. Rain possible during the day.

BTW is the Game at 7:00 or 7:30? I heard both on this board.

7:30.

Pudlugger
12-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks Hook. I don't know if I can get there early enough for tailgating but if I do I'll stop by. I saw a huge very fancy looking RV in the Texas State lot last Friday and they were LG tailgaters but I was running late with my extended family, grandbabies and all, so I didn't stop by.

hookandladder
12-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks Hook. I don't know if I can get there early enough for tailgating but if I do I'll stop by. I saw a huge very fancy looking RV in the Texas State lot last Friday and they were LG tailgaters but I was running late with my extended family, grandbabies and all, so I didn't stop by.

That be us, homemade stew before kickoff.

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Weather forecast is starting to look like pretty bad weather, 29 and rain. That could cause very bad driving condition's, wonder if they will look at possible playing Saturday if weather condition's get worse. There is a game in Victoria Friday night, Blanco.

I understand why they would, but it would really ruin the rest of my weekend. :( :D

FmrPirate14
12-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Im confused I thought this was the Texas3A High School Football playoffs?! Why are ppl talking about stats? Stats from previous games are not gonna win this game its who shows up & who wants it more! This game is gonna come down to the wire but I say Sinton by 10

Pudlugger
12-01-2009, 06:23 PM
I'll be shocked if the Leps don't come out pumped way up Friday. This team is on a mission. They respect all foes and will be prepared for battle. The coaches are at the top of their game and will have them ready with a game plan to win. Leps by 2 tds.:)

Ranger354
12-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I'll be shocked if the Leps don't come out pumped way up Friday. This team is on a mission. They respect all foes and will be prepared for battle. The coaches are at the top of their game and will have them ready with a game plan to win. Leps by 2 tds.:)

I will be shocked too!!!! I think everyone including the grounds keeper at the stadium will be pumped up for this.

Hey Hook since you are cooking stew and not steak....can I get a bowl with some crackers?

gameface
12-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey Hook-sounds like you got it going on. My wife served beef stew tonight-perfect when cold and rainy! Keep up the spirit with the tailgate crew,LLLLLLLLLLLLLGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! Pud, i am congruent with your prediction-14 point win by LG. I validate the Sinton QB(BEVO-"birds eye view offense") is effective but so is our QB and defense throughout the entire playoffs. On the arguments with stats holding no value-I disagree. Stats don't lie. I calculated LG stats for 8 years during the Gunn era-it allows you to gage each teams play individually and overall performances. Also, allows one to compare these strengths and weakness to future opponents. No, I do not dwell on the stats as the ultimate factor to predict game outcomes but it does reveal where each team shines or areas a team needs to improve. So, stats are just a way to measure what's working and not working-as in golf, I like to chart each outing with scorecard notes-total putts, fairways hit off tee and location, greens in regulation, etc. Thus, I believe that stats allow each player and team to get honest feedback to improve each game and each week, esp. helps in the playoffs. The rest is up to feel, gameday results and execution without mistakes. LG victory by 14! LG has gameface on!

Pudlugger
12-01-2009, 09:55 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :ditto:

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Go find you a basketball board to talk on til next year,
I will post on any thread I darn well please! And if you have a problem with it, I suggest you take it up with the owners!

Pudlugger
12-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Beat Sinton....

SintonFan
12-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Beat LaGrange Sinton....

Well All right!!!:clap: :clap: :D

pirate4state
12-01-2009, 10:47 PM
2 days down, 3 to go! :D

GO PIRATES GO!!!!

gameface
12-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Hey Hook-thought we're talking about leopards. Sounds like Mama Panther thinks your a Tiger-hide the rescue club!

SintonFan
12-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by gameface
Hey Hook-thought we're talking about leopards. Sounds like Mama Panther thinks your a Tiger-hide the rescue club!

Kinda funny, but MRS. LHPM has supported our team for years like many of us have supported her team for years.:thumbsup: :crazy:

Thanks for the backing D!:)

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Kinda funny, but MRS. LHPM has supported our team for years like many of us have supported her team for years.:thumbsup: :crazy:

Thanks for the backing D!:)
We'll be at the game! I'm actually very torn in this one. On the one hand, I have some excellent friends in Sinton. On the other, a friend at work has boys that play for LG.

What chaps my butt is someone thinking they can order me off any football thread. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SintonFan
12-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Hey Hook-sounds like you got it going on. My wife served beef stew tonight-perfect when cold and rainy! Keep up the spirit with the tailgate crew,LLLLLLLLLLLLLGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! Pud, i am congruent with your prediction-14 point win by LG. I validate the Sinton QB(BEVO-"birds eye view offense") is effective but so is our QB and defense throughout the entire playoffs. On the arguments with stats holding no value-I disagree. Stats don't lie. I calculated LG stats for 8 years during the Gunn era-it allows you to gage each teams play individually and overall performances. Also, allows one to compare these strengths and weakness to future opponents. No, I do not dwell on the stats as the ultimate factor to predict game outcomes but it does reveal where each team shines or areas a team needs to improve. So, stats are just a way to measure what's working and not working-as in golf, I like to chart each outing with scorecard notes-total putts, fairways hit off tee and location, greens in regulation, etc. Thus, I believe that stats allow each player and team to get honest feedback to improve each game and each week, esp. helps in the playoffs. The rest is up to feel, gameday results and execution without mistakes. LG victory by 14! LG has gameface on!

How in the heck do you pronounce, "LLLLLLLLLLLLLGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!"???
I could swear that someone got a good deal on a TV Black Friday.
I wonder what gameface's next meal after the game will be?
Let me try to predict:
It smells like stew and tastes like crow...

The Golf analogy works wonders if there is only one person from each team on the field playing football at a time.

Here, I found your gameface:
http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/7/d/B/joker.jpg

SintonFan
12-01-2009, 11:16 PM
We'll be at the game! I'm actually very torn in this one. On the one hand, I have some excellent friends in Sinton. On the other, a friend at work has boys that play for LG.

What chaps my butt is someone thinking they can order me off any football thread. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That is understandable D. Maybe you can pull a "Rita"? Sit on one side one half and then the other the next half?:D

SintonFan
12-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Sinton has improved each week in the playoffs, on both sides of the ball. They are playing great as a TEAM. Their defense will have to play great to win and their offense will have to keep on truckin'.:cool:
I hope both teams play injury-free!
GO PIRATES!!!

Sinton94
12-01-2009, 11:47 PM
??? Not sure I follow....but if you're insinuating that I came in here to stir up junk, and pick against the Pirates to try to get under someone's skin, and cause problems...you are mistaken. Why wouldn't I have been picking against them all season long if that were they case? Why would I go out of my way to try to justify myself and my picks if I were just trying to get under people's skin? Why wouldn't I just come in like one or two of the other posters and say stuff like

"LG by 21+"??

I don't know what you think I'm trying to do here, or why you seem to think that I'm out to ruffle feathers....but I assure you I'm not.

It IS getting a little old though, that every time I don't see eye to eye w/ the Pirate Nation....this is what happens. I realize I'm outnumbered, and I realize that Sinton basically runs this board or has at one time or another...i.e. Admin, Mod, etc. But I must reiterate....me picking against the Pirates these last two weeks has nothing to do w/ anything or anyone on a personal level. I must insist that we move on past that ideology, as isn't the case.

Heaven forbid I don't think they match up well w/ La Grange. I've been wrong before...and I admit it.

Not sure what the big deal is. :doh:

IHStangFan you have got to be kidding me……………you’re still on here! How you doing buddy? When I left in 07 I thought maybe it was just me. Seriously take a vacation, this Sinton infatuation you have can not be healthy! I'm sure you’re a great guy, but as you said it does get old! Now get out of here and find yourself a real hobby. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

SintonFan
12-01-2009, 11:51 PM
I seriously do think IHStangFan is just giving his honest opinion yall. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2009, 02:02 AM
Sinton defense plays through injuries
Pirates persevering without safety Cave, linebacker Cantu

* By Javier Becerra
* Posted December 1, 2009 at 9:53 p.m.

CORPUS CHRISTI — There are two plays Sinton coach Tom Allen remembers more than any other this season, only neither resulted in a touchdown or takeaway. They didn’t go for a big chunk of yardage or end in a tackle for a loss.

Those two particular snaps the second defensive play against Ingleside and the final play of the first-round playoff against Rio Hondo — didn’t benefit the Pirates in any way. Both times, the sound of the whistle left Allen wondering if the team would win its next game.

“In a matter of just a few weeks we lost both our leading tacklers to injuries and the consensus from everybody outside the locker room was that we were going to be in big trouble,” said Allen, referring to the ramifications of losing first free safety Carson Cave and then inside linebacker Ryan Cantu for the season in a span of three games.

That big trouble turned out to be a little problem.

Despite playing without two of their top defenders for most of the playoffs, the Pirates (12-1 overall) have reached the Region IV-3A Division II final against La Grange (11-2). The game is set for Friday night at D.W. Rutledge Stadium in Converse, with the winner advancing to the state semifinals for a possible matchup with Lorena or Carthage.

If not for the defense overcoming the loss of Cave and Cantu, Allen doesn’t know what might have happened.

“I’m not going to lie. This has been a surprise to us,” Allen said. “The pieces have just been fitting together. The kids trust each other and are making sure they’re in the right places. I know the defense usually takes the back seat to the offense, but our guys have been playing just as well. They’ve been the difference in some games. If they don’t make some stops we don’t win.”

It’s been a reoccurring theme throughout the postseason.

Sinton opened the playoffs by holding off Rio Hondo 28-21 and then escaped with a 13-12 victory over Pearsall in a soggy mess at Buc Stadium. The Pirates outlasted Brookshire Royal 31-24 last week by coming up with two key turnovers in the second half.

Like Allen said, the pieces are fitting together. It helps to have players like Derick Castro and Anthony Banda.

Castro leads the team with 129 tackles, having recently eclipsed the 124 Cantu amassed before being injured. Only a sophomore, Castro also assumed another responsibility previously held by Cantu.

“He really took on a leadership role when Ryan went out,” Allen said. “He’s played most of the year, but he really stepped in and ran with it. He’s still got two more years, so his best days are yet to come.”

Banda, meanwhile, replaced Cave in the secondary and has posted 51 tackles and three pass deflections. He contributes on offense as a receiver, but has been even more valuable on defense.

“At times you can tell he doesn’t have as many reps, but he’s a smart kid and is starting to get his checks down,” Allen said. “It’s hard to replace guys like Carson. Anthony is just one of a bunch of guys that stepped it up on defense.”

Hopefully another stout performance can help Allen forget the two not-so-memorable plays that continue to occupy his thoughts.

hookandladder
12-02-2009, 07:11 AM

Do not put words in our month about bragging on our scrimmages with LH and Cuero, someone posted that we scrimmaged La Verina and I corrected them that we did not. Responded to their post and you think we are bragging, just setting the record straight. Was wondering how long it would take you to get back, just a little heat in the kitchen. Seems like some people on here can say what they want but cannot take it back. Anyway back to the real subject of whoses still playing football, La Grange-Sinton- Are you ready for some Footabll.

hookandladder
12-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
IHStangFan you have got to be kidding me……………you’re still on here! How you doing buddy? When I left in 07 I thought maybe it was just me. Seriously take a vacation, this Sinton infatuation you have can not be healthy! I'm sure you’re a great guy, but as you said it does get old! Now get out of here and find yourself a real hobby. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

Watch out telling someone to get out of here, that could cost you. I like IHStangFan imput, give him a break he is just stating his opinion. Sinton fans and LH fans have a lot in common, if you are not picking or rooting for their team it seems like you are the Devil. I have always respected what Sinton has done in baseball, followed Adrian thru High School and was in Omaha when he won the World Series, now Sinton is producing quaility football teams. There is no need to attack IHStangFan for giving his opinion, I would bet my money that it is nothing personal and no I do not know him.

hookandladder
12-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Sinton has improved each week in the playoffs, on both sides of the ball. They are playing great as a TEAM. Their defense will have to play great to win and their offense will have to keep on truckin'.:cool:
I hope both teams play injury-free!
GO PIRATES!!!

Plain and simple post, feel the same about LG. No prediction but least amount of turnovers will determine the outcome along with which defense steps up.

hookandladder
12-02-2009, 07:29 AM
I will be shocked too!!!! I think everyone including the grounds keeper at the stadium will be pumped up for this.

Hey Hook since you are cooking stew and not steak....can I get a bowl with some crackers?

Come on by, someone will hook you up. LG-TG2009

hookandladder
12-02-2009, 07:36 AM
I will post on any thread I darn well please! And if you have a problem with it, I suggest you take it up with the owners!

My bad Basketball Thread not board, I know you own the board. Sorry, Band of Brothers. It's all good.

hookandladder
12-02-2009, 07:42 AM

Which side to sit on, this might help.

gameface
12-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Sir Sinto Fan: my next meal? Victory meal of steak and lobster, of course. If you like, I can arrange a special meal for you at Hook's tailgate victory party immediately following the game. Let's see: how about crow stew, served cold! See you post-game: i'll have the stat's crunched for your viewing pleasure...kleenex as well!
E is for eggs, H is for Haggard and N is for "No Way". Surrender Dorothy.... i mean Sinton. The LLLLLLLLGGGGGGGG chant can be heard during the game and at the victory party...come join us! LG has gameface on.

Pudlugger
12-02-2009, 09:23 AM
I don't think weather will be a big factor in this game. It will be cold and dry but the boys will be warmed up and ready to play football. These two teams have played in mud bowls and rain and both teams found a way to win. Playing in cold weather will not bother them. I am really getting pumped up for this game. I bought some thermal underwear at Wally World yesterday so as to be nice and warm in the stands LOL. Go Leps Beat Sinton Win State.:)

pirate4state
12-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Watch out telling someone to get out of here, that could cost you. I like IHStangFan imput, give him a break he is just stating his opinion. Sinton fans and LH fans have a lot in common, if you are not picking or rooting for their team it seems like you are the Devil. I have always respected what Sinton has done in baseball, followed Adrian thru High School and was in Omaha when he won the World Series, now Sinton is producing quaility football teams. There is no need to attack IHStangFan for giving his opinion, I would bet my money that it is nothing personal and no I do not know him.

NOW??? Uh, we were pretty good back then in football too. Check out our history HERE (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100351) ;)

GO PIRATES!

oh and please don't act like LH & Sinton are the ONLY two towns that will back their teams by baring their teeth a little. :rolleyes: this board is full of posters from all across the state that do it!

SintonFan
12-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Sinton fans and LH fans have a lot in common, if you are not picking or rooting for their team it seems like you are the Devil.

Girls are the Devil!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlWgF8dqneg)
lol
Just havin' some fun.:D

FmrPirate14
12-02-2009, 12:31 PM
lol gosh seems like la grange posters r slacking...all i see is hookandladder replying to EVERYTHING

pirate4state
12-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by FmrPirate14
lol gosh seems like la grange posters r slacking...all i see is hookandladder replying to EVERYTHING To their credit, there isn't much to say. We are very evenly matched and it will come down to mistakes and making sure you capitalize on them.

Pudlugger
12-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Beyond which team makes the most mistakes I think the game will turn on which team has the goods. Both teams deeply want the win and will bring their best game. By round four you don't expect too many mistakes. Each team may have one or two turnovers and a few penalties but the game will be decided by the talent on the field. I know the Leps have an abundance of talent and they have great team unity and heart. I think Sinton does too. This game will be a good one. I think the Leps just will be a little better and win by a couple of tds. Go Leps, beat Sinton, win State!:)

gameface
12-02-2009, 02:09 PM
2nd that Pud-don't you agreed with this statement on LG?! When your good, your good-you can't do a darn thing about it! LG is stacked with talent and depth on both sides of the ball. Unleash the leopards for a 4th round gocaw(french term for whooping). The should's, could's and would's won't work at this level in the playoffs. I've been told that you have 2 things is life: reasons or results. I concur that LG will win by 14 points in rain, sleet or snow. Thus, result in a victory over a very good Sinton team. LG has GF on!

pirate4state
12-02-2009, 02:12 PM
2nd that Pud-don't you agreed with this statement on LG?! When your good, your good-you can't do a darn thing about it! LG is stacked with talent and depth on both sides of the ball. Unleash the leopards for a 4th round gocaw(french term for whooping). The should's, could's and would's won't work at this level in the playoffs. I've been told that you have 2 things is life: reasons or results. I concur that LG will win by 14 points in rain, sleet or snow. Thus, result in a victory over a very good Sinton team. LG has GF on! I will keep this in mind because I really don't want to read about any woulda, coulda, shoulda after our game. :)

Sinton by 7!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2009, 02:14 PM
I will keep this in mind because I really don't want to read about any woulda, coulda, shoulda after our game. :)

Sinton by 7! 2nd that Pirate4State :) :thumbsup:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Austin American Statesman will have a story on La Grange passing attack on Fridays paper.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Here is Austin American Statesman preview for Sinton vs La Grange:

La Grange vs. Sinton

QUARTERBACK

In 421 pass attempts, La Grange quarterback Josh Schneider has thrown for 36 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Sinton's Josh Harrison has passed for one fewer touchdown and one fewer interception than Schneider.

EDGE: Even

OTHER OFFENSE

Brandon Wilkerson has 86 receptions this season for La Grange, and teammate Corbin McHazlett has caught 85 passes. Sinton's Ramsey Rivera has eight touchdown catches this season, three of which came last week against Brookshire Royal.

EDGE: La Grange

DEFENSE

Last week, La Grange blanked Devine for its third shutout of the season. Sinton is allowing 20.2 points a game, but the Pirates forced two turnovers inside their 10-yard-line last week.

SPECIAL TEAMS

La Grange has missed seven extra-point kicks in the playoffs. Pirate kicker Jeremy Laws has missed only five extra-point conversions this season.

EDGE: Sinton

INTANGIBLES

La Grange has won its past 10 games away from Leopard Stadium. Sinton has not won a playoff game by more than seven points.

OUR PICKS

Rick Cantu: La Grange

Danny Davis: La Grange

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Corpus Christi Caller Times(Mr. Fearless forecast playoff prediction)

CLASS 3A

SINTON VS. LA GRANGE

Sinton has got to be happy with their performance this season in close games. The problem is this may not be a close game. Sinton beat Mathis by 5, Mathis lost to Devine by 1 and La Grange beat Devine by 36. I think Jimmy the Greek would've made Sinton a 30-point dog. I don't think the margin of difference in the teams is that much. In fact, in a lot of ways these teams are mirror images of each other, especially offensively. Both teams have proven short-passing games and proficient run games, La Grange just has a little bit more. WINNER: LA GRANGE

pirate4state
12-02-2009, 02:57 PM
:)

Pudlugger
12-02-2009, 03:24 PM
This one like all others will be decided on the field. It's nice to have folks pick your team to win but it all amounts to nothing. The game starts at 7:30 Friday night and the score will be 0-0 at kickoff. After that the best team wins. Go Leps, beat Sinton, win State!:)

footballguru
12-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Here is my biased take on the two teams.

Watching both teams, I think Sinton has a size advantage and LG has a speed advantage. Sinton did a good job containing the speed of BR, and LG does not have anyone as fast as BR's RB(Not too many teams do). BR did not threaten Sinton with the pass much and LG will throw the ball and run the ball. LG has a little more balance between run and pass and Sinton has more balance in receiver catches. Sinton has a good kicker, LG has an inconsistent kicker. Sinton has found ways to win close games and that is good and bad. LG lost two games that they had a lead at haltime in(Sealy and Giddings), but they did come from behind to beat Edna. As far as quality opponents LG has played - Lockhart, Yoakum, Needville, Giddings, Sealy, Sweeny, Edna and Devine all made the playoffs and Bellville and Smithville are good teams that did not make the playoffs. Sinton has played Robstown, Mathis, Ingleside, Rio Hondo, Pearsall and BR. I give LG the advantage in schedule strength. Intangibles - None of the kids on either team has played a round 4 game. Playing on Friday helps the Leps because Sinton is a day behind normal schedule. Sinton has great fan support but I see LG fans catching on. After all of this is said I go with LG by 8.

pirate4state
12-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by footballguru
Here is my biased take on the two teams.

Watching both teams, I think Sinton has a size advantage and LG has a speed advantage. Sinton did a good job containing the speed of BR, and LG does not have anyone as fast as BR's RB(Not too many teams do). BR did not threaten Sinton with the pass much and LG will throw the ball and run the ball. LG has a little more balance between run and pass and Sinton has more balance in receiver catches. Sinton has a good kicker, LG has an inconsistent kicker. Sinton has found ways to win close games and that is good and bad. LG lost two games that they had a lead at haltime in(Sealy and Giddings), but they did come from behind to beat Edna. As far as quality opponents LG has played - Lockhart, Yoakum, Needville, Giddings, Sealy, Sweeny, Edna and Devine all made the playoffs and Bellville and Smithville are good teams that did not make the playoffs. Sinton has played Robstown, Mathis, Ingleside, Rio Hondo, Pearsall and BR. I give LG the advantage in schedule strength. Intangibles - None of the kids on either team has played a round 4 game. Playing on Friday helps the Leps because Sinton is a day behind normal schedule. Sinton has great fan support but I see LG fans catching on. After all of this is said I go with LG by 8. Pretty cool. I had to giggle at the thought of having a size advantage over anyone, much less La Grange. :D

garciap77
12-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Pretty cool. I had to giggle at the thought of having a size advantage over anyone, much less La Grange. :D

I hope you beat La Grange! I want to see what the cake is going to look like! :D

Go Sinton!:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
12-02-2009, 07:10 PM
I hope you beat La Grange! I want to see what the cake is going to look like! :D

Go Sinton!:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you. You will be happy to know that win or lose, I will be baking them cakes. ;)

Daddy D 11
12-02-2009, 07:15 PM
hookandladder....

:dispntd: :tisk:

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Do not put words in our month about bragging on our scrimmages with LH and Cuero, someone posted that we scrimmaged La Verina and I corrected them that we did not. Responded to their post and you think we are bragging, just setting the record straight. Was wondering how long it would take you to get back, just a little heat in the kitchen. Seems like some people on here can say what they want but cannot take it back. Anyway back to the real subject of whoses still playing football, La Grange-Sinton- Are you ready for some Footabll.
I wasn't talking to you per se, nor was I talking about your post about La Vernia. What I was referring to was the posts (including last weeks') talking about how "tough" LG played us this year. In case you didn't notice, WE didn't have the best season, which is why it was no big feat to have played us tough. If a scrimmage against THIS years' Panther team is the measuring stick some LG folks are using, then I'm not sure what to say.

Now, if you've got any other bright ideas about where I should or shouldn't be posting, then I'll take care of that problem for you!

With the potential for snow, we might not be able to make it after all. :( IF we do, I'll sit with Rita, rooting for the pirates, but also be cheering for the kids of my coworker. :)

76IHSMustang
12-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Stumbled upon this forum, got to reading and really enjoyed the posters passion for football. That being said, I think the weather may play a role in this game.High thirties at kickoff is what I'm hearing. Despite that, I'm taking La Grange by 20.

SintonFan
12-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by 76IHSMustang
Stumbled upon this forum, got to reading and really enjoyed the posters passion for football. That being said, I think the weather may play a role in this game.High thirties at kickoff is what I'm hearing. Despite that, I'm taking La Grange by 20.

You graduated from Ingleside and live in La Grange now?
Small world.:)

76IHSMustang
12-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Yes, I've lived in leopard country for the past 32 years.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2009, 11:15 PM
This game might get moved to Saturday :thinking: might know by tommorrow if it does according to the grapevines.

76IHSMustang
12-02-2009, 11:16 PM
I hope not. Lets play in the snow!!

Sinton94
12-02-2009, 11:19 PM

Just an inside joke referring back to our 07 posts ! Not an attack and no harm intended IHStangFan.

Sinton has produced a lot of quality football teams before now and sorry you think your being attacked. Don't take everything so personal! :(

IHStangFan
12-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Just an inside joke referring back to our 07 posts ! Not an attack and no harm intended IHStangFan.

Sinton has produced a lot of quality football teams before now and sorry you think your being attacked. Don't take everything you so personal! :( Welcome back! Been awhile!

Sinton94
12-02-2009, 11:26 PM
I hope not. Lets play in the snow!!

HERE HERE............Play in the snow!

GO PIRATES!

Sinton94
12-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Welcome back! Been awhile!

Seriously no harm intended IHStangFan. Hope your doing good!:D

SintonFan
12-02-2009, 11:29 PM
I have a feeling it's gonna be just really cold, wet rain and sleet.:(
I do hope for snow this year and predicted it in SA to some friends, but what do I know?:D

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Yes, I've lived in leopard country for the past 32 years. nice country living out there, visited La Grange a few times when i lived in Austin.

76IHSMustang
12-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Haven't seen any rain predictions for SA. .Only snow.

Sinton94
12-02-2009, 11:33 PM
I have a feeling it's gonna be just really cold, wet rain and sleet.:(
I do hope for snow this year and predicted it in SA to some friends, but what do I know?:D

I think the kids are gassed about the possibility of playing in the snow! It's going to be a good game to watch as a fan. I'm just worried about driving home on icy roads!

GO PIRATES!

IHStangFan
12-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Seriously no harm intended IHStangFan. Hope your doing good!:D No harm, no foul amigo. Hope you are doing well also.

gameface
12-02-2009, 11:35 PM
I like your thinking mustang76-very generous with your point prediction favoring leps by crisp 20! Weather conditions appear fun & exciting-low 30's & 60% chance of snow. Leps have gameface on!

SintonFan
12-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Are they saying snow or sleet Friday night or earlier that morning?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2009, 11:42 PM
I like your thinking mustang76-very generous with your point prediction favoring leps by crisp 20! Weather conditions appear fun & exciting-low 30's & 60% chance of snow. Leps have gameface on! Get the Leps ready to walk the plank matey http://www.goiclan.org/forum/images/smilies/pirate.png

SintonFan
12-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Get the Leps ready to walk the plank matey http://www.goiclan.org/forum/images/smilies/pirate.png

Arrrrrrgh!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
12-03-2009, 12:42 AM
This game might get moved to Saturday :thinking: might know by tommorrow if it does according to the grapevines. Ahhh those grapevines grow so fast. So far, game is still on for Friday. Might be looking at different venues, but both sides still wanna play on Friday.

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!

bulldog82
12-03-2009, 01:23 AM
i would put in for the alamo dome!!!!!!! if we were still playing, off to baseball, hope tp see yall again, with a different out come of course.

gameface
12-03-2009, 06:32 AM
Didn't Walt Whitman say: O Captain, my captain our fearful trip is done, the port is near, the bells i hear, the people all exhausted, while fellow eyes, the steady keel, the vessel dim and daring, but o heart, heart, heart-o the bleeding drops of red, their on deck my pirate lies, fallen cold and dead, my pirate does not answer, his lips are cold and still, my snow pirate does not feel my arm, he has no pulse, no will. Your ship has weathered every rock but not the LG rock. Welcome to the jungle pirates. So, no plank needed matey-your ship is about to sink this Friday night. Rain, sleet or snow-back to the south is where you'll go! LEPS win by 14!

hookandladder
12-03-2009, 07:13 AM
I wasn't talking to you per se, nor was I talking about your post about La Vernia. What I was referring to was the posts (including last weeks') talking about how "tough" LG played us this year. In case you didn't notice, WE didn't have the best season, which is why it was no big feat to have played us tough. If a scrimmage against THIS years' Panther team is the measuring stick some LG folks are using, then I'm not sure what to say.

Now, if you've got any other bright ideas about where I should or shouldn't be posting, then I'll take care of that problem for you!

With the potential for snow, we might not be able to make it after all. :( IF we do, I'll sit with Rita, rooting for the pirates, but also be cheering for the kids of my coworker. :)

As stated before we new LH was not very good this year, your team just happened to be in the conversation because we also scrimmaged Cuero which is a very good team. Gonna be real cold on Rita's side Friday night, Go Leps.

pirate4state
12-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Gonna be real cold on Rita's side Friday night, Go Leps. Actually we'll be really warm from jumping up & down each time we score a TD! :) We'll even throw in a FG for good measure!

LHS 2SONS
12-03-2009, 10:18 AM
This is all fun, can not wait until tomorrow. Sinton/LG posters talking noise and supporting their teams. Gonna be a GREAT game!

BAND OF BROTHERS

GO LEPS

SintonPirateFan
12-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Link (http://www.caller.com/news/2009/dec/02/pirates-take-to-the-air/)

SINTON — The lack of an experienced offensive line forced Sinton to rely more on its passing game than the run when the season started.

Expect to see more of the same when Sinton (12-1 overall) takes on La Grange (11-2) Friday night in the Region IV-3A Division II final at D.W. Rutledge Stadium in Converse. Even the threat of freezing rain — and possibly snow — isn’t likely to keep the Pirates from airing it out.

“We threw the stinking ball in the monsoon against Pearsall, so we’re going to do what we do,” third-year coach coach Tom Allen said. “It’s something both teams are going to have to deal with. Our kids are going to have to catch the football in the cold weather just like theirs. We can’t really change the game plan or how we run the offense. We’ll be all right.”

A week after dispatching Rio Hondo in the first round, Sinton met up with Pearsall at Buc Stadium. The teams played in a torrential downpour for most of the game, with the Pirates eventually escaping with a 13-12 victory.

Sinton ran exactly 60 plays — 34 of them passes. Quarterback Josh Harrison went 15 of 34 for 146 yards and a touchdown, a 6-yard strike to freshman running back Keith Garcia.

If it worked then, the Pirates are confident it will again. There’s no reason to think it won’t.

“I don’t think the weather is going to affect us at all,” receiver Shane Segovia said of a forecast that calls for a temperature in the 30s at kickoff. “Everything is going to be all right once we get on the field and get moving. I don’t think we’re going to feel the cold.”

If that ends up being the case, the La Grange secondary is going to be busy.

A senior, Harrison has completed 211 passes for 3,261 yards and 39 touchdowns with only eight interceptions. He leads the team with six rushing touchdowns and ranks second with 368 yards, but that’s not how the Pirates get things done.

Sinton has piled up 4,824 total yards, nearly 70 percent of that coming through the air. Considering the offensive line returned only one starter, Allen isn’t surprised by the numbers.

“Early on we knew we might be a more of a passing team and it certainly evolved that way,” Allen said. “We wanted to give our young line a chance to grow up, and pass protection is a little easier to do. Our skill kids have done a phenomenal job. Josh has had a fantastic senior year, but one thing that has made it possible is our receivers.”

Segovia and Ramsey Rivera lead a group of four receivers with at least 26 catches. Rivera has 53 catches for 756 yards and Segovia 36 catches for 754 yards, with each having reached the end zone 11 times.

Jeremy Laws has 27 catches for 722 yards and six touchdowns, while Anthony Banda has 26 catches for 268 yards and three touchdowns.

“Ramsey and Shane are at the forefront, but we have a bunch of kids that can make plays,” Allen said. “Laws is a deep threat that allows us to stretch the field vertically and get open underneath. We also have a lot of running backs that are catching the ball. It’s been a total team deal offensively. Our opponents have a few kids to account for.”

And they aren’t going to be distracted by the weather.

“It’s supposed to be real cold, but we’ve been through something like that before with the rain,” Rivera said. “The snow is going to be like icing on the cake.”

pirate4state
12-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS
This is all fun, can not wait until tomorrow. Sinton/LG posters talking noise and supporting their teams. Gonna be a GREAT game!

BAND OF BROTHERS

GO LEPS

WOO HOO! I am READY to leave TODAY! :D This will already be a game these boys (and fans) will never forget, but if we can add in some SNOW....we'll be talking about it until we die! :)

GO PIRATES!!!

Ranger354
12-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Why are we playing on the North side of SA? Isn't there another place better and closer for both teams? Anymore talk about changing sites do to weather. I think playing in snow would be cool, but players, and families have to get there too.

FmrPirate14
12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Didn't Walt Whitman say: O Captain, my captain our fearful trip is done, the port is near, the bells i hear, the people all exhausted, while fellow eyes, the steady keel, the vessel dim and daring, but o heart, heart, heart-o the bleeding drops of red, their on deck my pirate lies, fallen cold and dead, my pirate does not answer, his lips are cold and still, my snow pirate does not feel my arm, he has no pulse, no will. Your ship has weathered every rock but not the LG rock. Welcome to the jungle pirates. So, no plank needed matey-your ship is about to sink this Friday night. Rain, sleet or snow-back to the south is where you'll go! LEPS win by 14!

haha nice quote...only problem is the pirates ship wont sink it'll only keep on sailing, however the lepoards might drown :D

36phseal
12-03-2009, 12:40 PM
It's supposed to snow during the day but partly cloudy/31 for the game.

As for the weather, the last time LG played in cold/wet weather was against Bellville and they went conservative. QB threw an interception, maybe two, (one for a td that was called back) and their best receiver, #9, shut it down. He dropped more passes than he caught and got worse as the game wore on. Even when he was open, QB wasn't able to throw a wet ball. They won that game strictly with their defense and the QB able to run the ball effectively.

After reading about how Sinton has been more successful in bad weather, I would be concerned if I were LG. In good weather, I go with LG, but I don't know how QB/Receiver will man up in the cold. Defense better play well.

TRENCHES06
12-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by 36phseal

As for the weather, the last time LG played in cold/wet weather was against Bellville and they went conservative. QB threw an interception, maybe two, (one for a td that was called back) and their best receiver, #9, shut it down. He dropped more passes than he caught and got worse as the game wore on. Even when he was open, QB wasn't able to throw a wet ball. They won that game strictly with their defense and the QB able to run the ball effectively.

After reading about how Sinton has been more successful in bad weather, I would be concerned if I were LG. In good weather, I go with LG, but I don't know how QB/Receiver will man up in the cold. Defense better play well.

How's basketball season Bellville!

TRENCHES06
12-03-2009, 02:15 PM

VS. Needville in very rainy conditions: #9: 4 TD receptions

Mojado
12-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
How's basketball season Bellville!

:eek: :1popcorn:

36phseal
12-03-2009, 02:30 PM
To the victor goes the spoils. I get it, trench. And to answer your question, I'll take football over basketball anyday. I'm pulling for LG without a doubt.

BUT, I do believe that defense won the game against Bellville and the LG QB and Receiver had a bad night. Even though the Needville game was wet...extremely wet....cold didn't play into it. It was a cold and wet night in Bellville, but not near as cold as it will be tomorrow night. I think my observation was correct. QB didn't throw well and receiver quit on some routes and dropped several.

For LG to win tomorrow night, they will both have to prove that they can play in the cold/wet weather. If they can't, then LG defense will have to win that one too. I'd like to see them do it and will be disappointed if they don't.

hookandladder
12-03-2009, 02:31 PM

Our running game is much better right now then it was against Bellville also the field in Bellville played a huge role a basic mudhole. That will not be the case at Judson field, nice astroturf. If the passing game is effected by the weather this will be in our flavor also, so how is Basketball going in Bellville.

36phseal
12-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I just heard game has been postponed until Saturday. Confirmations?

Airforce1
12-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I just got a text from my daughter, the game is postponed until Sat. Night @ 7:00 in Judson.

36phseal
12-03-2009, 02:39 PM
To answer your question Hook.....I'd rather go to LG football game in San Antonio than to watch a basketball game in Bellville. Does that answer it for you?

hookandladder
La Grange- Sinton game postponed til Saturday 7:00pm. Judson High School Field. Just announced.

pirate4state
La Grange- Sinton game postponed til Saturday 7:00pm. Judson High School Field. Just announced. Yep, just got the call. I am bummed. Oh well...we play on!

GO PIRATES!!!

hookandladder
12-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Still be cooking stew and watching the SEC championship game in the parking lot before game, Just have to wait an extra day. Weather should not affect either team, just a good old slomber Knocker game.Go Leps.

MUSTANG69
12-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Charles Dickens

Best of times-Sinton 35
Worst of times-LaGrange 28

One Ingleside fan that wishes Sinton the best of luck.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Our running game is much better right now then it was against Bellville also the field in Bellville played a huge role a basic mudhole. That will not be the case at Judson field, nice astroturf. If the passing game is effected by the weather this will be in our flavor also, so how is Basketball going in Bellville. How will LG passing game be in your favor if Sinton passing is just as effective? Offensively the season stats from Maxpreps shows offensive totals Sinton avg 371 yds per game while La Grange avg 364 yds per game, so i dont see how that favors LG, its even and game comes down to the team that executes their game plan better.

hookandladder
12-03-2009, 02:56 PM
To the victor goes the spoils. I get it, trench. And to answer your question, I'll take football over basketball anyday. I'm pulling for LG without a doubt.

BUT, I do believe that defense won the game against Bellville and the LG QB and Receiver had a bad night. Even though the Needville game was wet...extremely wet....cold didn't play into it. It was a cold and wet night in Bellville, but not near as cold as it will be tomorrow night. I think my observation was correct. QB didn't throw well and receiver quit on some routes and dropped several.

For LG to win tomorrow night, they will both have to prove that they can play in the cold/wet weather. If they can't, then LG defense will have to win that one too. I'd like to see them do it and will be disappointed if they don't.

Sinton throws the ball more than we do, what makes you think they can be successful. Does not matter anymore game is Saturday night with a Lep Victory,.

hookandladder
12-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Charles Dickens

Best of times-Sinton 35
Worst of times-LaGrange 28

One Ingleside fan that wishes Sinton the best of luck.

Have heard you maybe one of the few pulling for Sinton, Ingleside fan that is.

pirate4state
12-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Still be cooking stew and watching the SEC championship game in the parking lot before game, Just have to wait an extra day. Weather should not affect either team, just a good old slomber Knocker game.Go Leps. That sounds like a plan. Now that it's Saturday maybe we can have a proper M&G. Most won't be working on Saturday.

pirate4state
12-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Sinton throws the ball more than we do, what makes you think they can be successful. Does not matter anymore game is Saturday night with a Lep Victory,. We threw in the pouring down rain against Pearsall. Our WRs made some ridiculous catches and also dropped some "I can't believe I'm this open" passes. We won't get away from our game plan. We pass the ball and then pass some more.

hookandladder
12-03-2009, 03:01 PM
How will LG passing game be in your favor if Sinton passing is just as effective? Offensively the season stats from Maxpreps shows offensive totals Sinton avg 371 yds per game while La Grange avg 364 yds per game, so i dont see how that favors LG, its even and game comes down to the team that executes their game plan better.

Meaning if weather did have an affect on the passing game for both sides, I beleive our running game would win this game.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2009, 03:02 PM
We threw in the pouring down rain against Pearsall. Our WRs made some ridiculous catches and also dropped some "I can't believe I'm this open" passes. We won't get away from our game plan. We pass the ball and then pass some more. And pass some more and some more... :)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Meaning if weather did have an affect on the passing game for both sides, I beleive our running game would win this game. Sinton had trouble stopping the run before district and during district, it didnt matter who the team was, but i think thier defense has dramatically improved against the run and now its wait and see if they'll be good enough against the pass also.

hookandladder
12-03-2009, 03:06 PM
We threw in the pouring down rain against Pearsall. Our WRs made some ridiculous catches and also dropped some "I can't believe I'm this open" passes. We won't get away from our game plan. We pass the ball and then pass some more.

Same here,against Needville our QB threw for if not close to 300 yards in the driving rain all night however I will say if Sinton double teams Wilkerson and try's to shut down our pasing game then we will run all night long. We will take what the defense gives us.

pirate4state
12-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Same here,against Needville our QB threw for if not close to 300 yards in the driving rain all night however I will say if Sinton double teams Wilkerson and try's to shut down our pasing game then we will run all night long. We will take what the defense gives us. Really? Isn't that what any team would do? LOL C'mon man...:p

I can't believe we have to wait another day for this game! :mad: