11-28-2009, 06:13 PM
GO MEAN GREEN!!!

IHStangFan
11-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Gimme the Gobblers by a TD.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Matthew328
11-28-2009, 06:21 PM
please be Sat night in Waco....please be Sat night in Waco....

Blue42
11-28-2009, 06:22 PM
GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Bling
11-28-2009, 06:23 PM
After listening to the Gilmer/Navasota game, It sounds like we match up pretty well with the Buckeyes. Their line is very skilled, but so is ours. They exhibited calm resolve and we know the Gobs are masters of that.
Gobbler Fans, we are going to have to be L-O-U-D!! The Gilmer fans had air horns, cowbells and other noise makers and yelled lights out on defense. Nothing we can't match. Just need to come prepared! Gooo! Meeeean! Greeeen!!!

IHStangFan
11-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Anyone know where this one is gonna be yet? I hope like hell it's somewhere close by!! Seguin?!?!? PLEASE be somewhere close!!

gobbler grad
11-28-2009, 06:27 PM
can't wait to see this game...will be very explosive for both teams...both have a great offense...will come down to which defense can make the stops and has the least mistakes...:thinking:

lulu
11-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Still backing our district neighbors the "Gilmer Buckeyes". Go District 17 3A

No hard feelings to my Gobbler friends on here but looking for East TExas to hold on to every game we can.

Gilmer, Longview, Dangerfield, Carthage

Good luck to all teams......East Texas or not.

gobbler grad
11-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
please be Sat night in Waco....please be Sat night in Waco....

heard Bryan or Huntsville...any truth to these two sites...:thinking:
depends who wins the coin toss...:thinking:

IHStangFan
11-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
heard Bryan or Huntsville...any truth to these two sites...:thinking:
depends who wins the coin toss...:thinking: Either way...that's close enough for me!! I think I may make plans to attend if this is in fact correct.

poisoned10
11-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Word on the Gilmer side is the Cuero coach wants to flip for either Tyler or Victoria and play on Friday and Coach Traylor wants a neutral site on Saturday.

lulu
11-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Either way...that's close enough for me!! I think I may make plans to attend if this is in fact correct.

Hey crazy fan...you've traveled sooo far, it should be a short drive where ever it is.:D

Green Bling
11-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Heard some talk of Huntsville. Anything to that?

Green Bling
11-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Word on the Gilmer side is the Cuero coach wants to flip for either Tyler or Victoria and play on Friday and Coach Traylor wants a neutral site on Saturday.

Either would be great for me. Son lives in Athens and Victoria is right here!!
:D :D

lulu
11-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling

I've also heard that. ????????? have to wait.

lbjacj
11-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Still backing our district neighbors the "Gilmer Buckeyes". Go District 17 3A

No hard feelings to my Gobbler friends on here but looking for East TExas to hold on to every game we can.

Gilmer, Longview, Dangerfield, Carthage

Good luck to all teams......East Texas or not.

I was born in Longview,worked in Gilmer for a while,worked at Lone Star Steel in Dangerfield for a while and lived in Cuero for 4 years so I have mixed feelings for this one.
I root for Gilmer as long as they are not playing Wimberley but I will be cheering on the Gobblers in this one.
Should be a great smashmouth game!

GO GOBBLERS!:clap:

lulu
11-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Tyler would be good for me:D

poisoned10
11-28-2009, 06:40 PM

I've also heard talks of Sam Houston State University, but the latest I've heard was what I last said.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2009, 06:41 PM
My vote is The Palace. :D

poisoned10
11-28-2009, 06:41 PM

Me too, since I live about 10 minutes from the stadium.

gobble_up03
11-28-2009, 06:43 PM
The Cuero Gobblers will play No. 1-ranked Gilmer on Saturday at 6 p.m. at Sam Houston State's Bowers Stadium in Huntsville.

This from the Victoria Advocate

IHStangFan
11-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Hey crazy fan...you've traveled sooo far, it should be a short drive where ever it is.:D LOL...yeah...but I've slacked this football season....I need to get to a playoff game!!

lulu
11-28-2009, 06:55 PM
LOL...yeah...but I've slacked this football season....I need to get to a playoff game!!

I had planned on going today to
Gilmers game but at the last minute couldn't make it.

I will do my best to get to the next one........hopefully 2 games.

poisoned10
11-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by gobble_up03
The Cuero Gobblers will play No. 1-ranked Gilmer on Saturday at 6 p.m. at Sam Houston State's Bowers Stadium in Huntsville.

Green Bling
11-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Yeah, but Lulu, you'll be rootin' for the wrong team.

poisoned10
11-28-2009, 06:59 PM

SHSU is MUCH better than Victoria!

IHStangFan
11-28-2009, 07:00 PM
I had planned on going today to
Gilmers game but at the last minute couldn't make it.

I will do my best to get to the next one........hopefully 2 games. I hear ya....We've just been busy. If I'm up at our property this weekend....I may drive over for this one.

Gobbla2001
11-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Wow, poll results right now are 14-4 in favore of the Gobblers... may just be a few more Gobblers fans online right now ha...

I went to vote and clicked on Gilmer... just couldn't pull the trigger...

I actually voted for La Vega last year, just thought they would be a tad too much for Cuero... and though that was true in the end, the Gobblers were in the game til the last minutes...

I feel the same going into this game, like Gilmer may just be too much...

But this team is playing hungry, confident and is playing as a team, it's fun to see...

I dunno how well they'll be able to stop Gilmer if at all, but if they can run with 'em, keep scorin' with 'em and get a stop, they sure as hell can win this ball game...

dunno what my vote is yet...

gobble_up03
11-28-2009, 07:03 PM
We won't make this game, but we'll be cheering on the Gobblers from the Big XII Championship!

Go Mean Green!

Gobbla2001
11-28-2009, 07:04 PM
SHSU is MUCH better than Victoria!

is your source pretty good on the home'n'home flip that Cuero's HC wanted?

Never seen a game at SHSU, hope you're right because Victoria's a good place to see a game...

lulu
11-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah, but Lulu, you'll be rootin' for the wrong team.

I know ...I know...and I am torn due to all my Downlow friends. But they represent our district and all my underclassmen graduated from there due to the schools consolidating after my senior year. I promise not to trash talk about ya'll though. And if you win I will back you the rest of the way. Friends????

:)

poisoned10
11-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Never seen a game at SHSU, hope you're right because Victoria's a good place to see a game...

My source was fans from all around me. I was just passing along what I heard.

But I am reading that it is OFFICIAL: 6 pm, Saturday, SHSU, Huntsville.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2009, 07:09 PM
But I am reading that it is OFFICIAL: 6 pm, Saturday, SHSU, Huntsville.
That's the word from 44IAR as well.

lulu
11-28-2009, 07:12 PM
That's it.

Gobbla2001
11-28-2009, 07:14 PM
My source was fans from all around me. I was just passing along what I heard.

Oh okay, dunno didn't sound too right though it'd be real easy for one of the fan bases ha...

thanks

Gobbla2001
11-28-2009, 07:51 PM
reading about the stadium... has a track... was hoping it wouldn't, one reason I like Victoria Memorial's stadium for games...

14k seats? think we can try to blanket our side...

looks pretty nice:

https://admin.xosn.com/pics6/0/OJ/OJVPDDUOQTPNSPG.20080728185008.jpg

lulu
11-28-2009, 07:57 PM
reading about the stadium... has a track... was hoping it wouldn't, one reason I like Victoria Memorial's stadium for games...

14k seats? think we can try to blanket our side...

looks pretty nice:

https://admin.xosn.com/pics6/0/OJ/OJVPDDUOQTPNSPG.20080728185008.jpg

That track makes it so hard to see the game clearly. My old eyes don't work that far off.
However it does give me more time to clear my head before i jump the fence and strangle a shirt.:D

lulu
11-28-2009, 07:58 PM
How far for Cuero to travel?

N4SIR
11-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Will Gilmer be home or visitor?

lulu
11-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Will Gilmer be home or visitor?

vistors

N4SIR
11-28-2009, 09:09 PM
If Cureo is the home team -- what colors will they wear?

lulu
11-28-2009, 09:12 PM
If Cureo is the home team -- what colors will they wear? ??? Green Maybe orange????
Home team wears their team colors.....vistors wear white jerseys.....right?:D

N4SIR
11-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Traditionally the home team in most sports wears white. But that isn't always the case. The Buckeyes wear black at home. I was thinking if Cuero weras there white trimmed in green the Buckeyes would still be able to wear black.

XtremeCouture
11-28-2009, 09:39 PM
If Cureo is the home team -- what colors will they wear?
cuero will look like this
http://www.gobblersports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=651&Itemid=147#

N4SIR
11-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks. Looks like the Buckeyes will be wearing their white uniforms.

lulu
11-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Traditionally the home team in most sports wears white. But that isn't always the case. The Buckeyes wear black at home. I was thinking if Cuero weras there white trimmed in green the Buckeyes would still be able to wear black.
I think you may have that backwards.
We wear our blue at home and white away.
LaVega wore their blue last week....Bucks wore white. Buckeyes were vistors.
Bucks wore white at our house too. Bucks wear their black at home.

XtremeCouture
11-28-2009, 09:47 PM
yeah like in basketball the home team wears white but in football they always wear the colored uniform.

lulu
11-28-2009, 09:47 PM
I really like the blk. it is very intimidating :cool:

N4SIR
11-28-2009, 09:53 PM
I was thinking Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Cowboys. They always wear white when they are the home team and I think most other professional teams do to. In the end, uniform colors makes no difference. I was just hoping the Buckeyes would be in black. Will take the victory in white and enjoy it just as much.

Green Bling
11-28-2009, 09:56 PM
We won't make this game, but we'll be cheering on the Gobblers from the Big XII Championship!

Go Mean Green!
Hook 'em Horns!! Goooo! Meeeean!!! Greeeeen!!!

lulu
11-28-2009, 09:57 PM
I was thinking Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Cowboys. They always wear white when they are the home team and I think most other professional teams do to. In the end, uniform colors makes no difference. I was just hoping the Buckeyes would be in black. Will take the victory in white and enjoy it just as much.
You got it. I love the black and was so disappointed when they came to SH and were in white but I knew why. They took care of business then and they will do it in white again.:D

Green Bling
11-28-2009, 09:59 PM
I know ...I know...and I am torn due to all my Downlow friends. But they represent our district and all my underclassmen graduated from there due to the schools consolidating after my senior year. I promise not to trash talk about ya'll though. And if you win I will back you the rest of the way. Friends????

We'll hold you to it. Enjoy the game. It's all good!!!:D :D

XtremeCouture
11-28-2009, 10:02 PM
dallas wears it because its cooler during the hot part of the season and then they keep wearing it at home for good luck but maybe they should switch to blue in december since they suck.

lulu
11-28-2009, 10:17 PM
We'll hold you to it. Enjoy the game. It's all good!!!:D :D

I hope i don't get hijacked like I did today.

44INAROW
11-28-2009, 10:28 PM
someone asked how long a drive it is from Cuero - last time I made it was in Dec of 2003 - for Middle44's graduation from SHSU and then up to Kyle Field for the Burnett/Jasper game . The drive to Huntsville took 3 hours... Pretty drive....... Cuero to LaGrange to Brenham to Navasota to Huntsville.

GO MEAN GREEN :)

LuLu I totally understand - you're supporting your 'local' team as it should be. I hope you get to support Cuero the next week - Either way - I am proud of these boys!

Blue42
11-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Man I saw this coming all year long. I think that the Gobblers will be the under dog in this one and I like that. Last year I had that feeling LaVaga would come out on top but I have a good feeling about this game.

lulu
11-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
someone asked how long a drive it is from Cuero - last time I made it was in Dec of 2003 - for Middle44's graduation from SHSU and then up to Kyle Field for the Burnett/Jasper game . The drive to Huntsville took 3 hours... Pretty drive....... Cuero to LaGrange to Brenham to Navasota to Huntsville.

LuLu I totally understand - you're supporting your 'local' team as it should be. I hope you get to support Cuero the next week - Either way - I am proud of these boys!

I've been waiting for you to get here. I am really going to try to make the game. I am so glad your team made it. What fun!!!!

Hope we can meet if it we both get to go. If you would like.

44INAROW
11-28-2009, 10:50 PM
I've been waiting for you to get here. I am really going to try to make the game. I am so glad your team made it. What fun!!!!

Hope we can meet if it we both get to go. If you would like.

Sure thing.. I'd love to met up- was thinking maybe before the game sometime.. I wanna meet up with Lost Aussie as well. we'll talk later on in the week. Gonna be a good game between 2 great teams.. Seems like we've been waiting on this matchup for 5 years :)

Pudlugger
11-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Gimme the Gobblers by a TD.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

I'll second that emotion. Cuero will ambush the Buckeyes. They haven't played the likes of the Gobblers. The Rattlers almost beat them. Cuero is a good step up from Navasota. Wait until they get a load of the Cuero offense. Go Gobblers beat Gilmer.

gobbler grad
11-28-2009, 11:13 PM

it's a good 3 hrs..........any shorter, well you weren't drinking...:D :D :D :D :D

COFFEE...

lulu
11-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Sure thing.. I'd love to met up- was thinking maybe before the game sometime.. I wanna meet up with Lost Aussie as well. we'll talk later on in the week. Gonna be a good game between 2 great teams.. Seems like we've been waiting on this matchup for 5 years :)

Old Bison wants to meet too. No one would meet with him at Gilmer vs Navasota. I did not get to make it. Am really planning on this one. If hubby has to work I'm gonna be upset.

IHStangFan
11-28-2009, 11:24 PM
If I make it over there...I'll be in my Gobblers shirt and Needville hat and stop off and say hi. :)

lulu
11-28-2009, 11:28 PM
If I make it over there...I'll be in my Gobblers shirt and Needville hat and stop off and say hi. :)

That would be great to meet you.

IHStangFan
11-28-2009, 11:30 PM
That would be great to meet you. you too amigo....and a few others as well. I've never met 44IAR in person...and she's the one that sent me the Cuero shirt last year.

Thanks again 44!

44INAROW
11-28-2009, 11:31 PM
you too amigo....and a few others as well. I've never met 44IAR in person...and she's the one that sent me the Cuero shirt last year.

Thanks again 44!

you are most welcome :)

un b weavable
11-29-2009, 12:04 AM

I believe the flip was just to decide Friday at SHSU or Saturday at SHSU.

OldBison75
11-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Bearcat Stadium is a great place to play and I guarantee you that it seats more than 14,000. The track does put you a little away from the field, but the stands are built up and the view is grat from anywhere. Also, at the north end there is a paved walkway that goes around to the visitors side and the people at that gate will allow fans to meet there. Great place to get some pictures with the field in the background.

44INAROW
11-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Bearcat Stadium is a great place to play and I guarantee you that it seats more than 14,000. The track does put you a little away from the field, but the stands are built up and the view is grat from anywhere. Also, at the north end there is a paved walkway that goes around to the visitors side and the people at that gate will allow fans to meet there. Great place to get some pictures with the field in the background.

I'd really like to meet up with some folks before the game.. We usually get to the games at least 90 mins before the game.. It's hard to meet up during the games- just too much going on. I've gone past the stadium numerous times but ironically, never been to a game there. Can't wait!

tigerfan09
11-29-2009, 12:16 AM
This one will most likely be a shootout.

Cuero 42
Gilmer 38

OldBison75
11-29-2009, 12:17 AM
You folks get together and decide on a time and place and I'll finad a way to be there. Would love to meet some people and get faces to go with screen names.

tigerfan09
11-29-2009, 12:18 AM

This will be an excellent chance for a meet and greet...lots of Gobbler fans, and lots of Buckeye fans from 3adownlow will be able to meet in person for the first time...it's not too often that two towns this far apart from each other get to play each other in a high school football game...

crabman
11-29-2009, 12:19 AM
I am thinking something like 55-52. I don't know who is on the winning end. Too little knowledge of Gilmer.

At least this week the band won't be able to do much with their halftime performance with a Buckeye. That should keep us out of trouble.

tigerfan09
11-29-2009, 12:20 AM
Bowers Stadium is an awesome place for a playoff game...lots of seating, a great field, plenty of parking, and you never know which Bearkat football coaches will be at this game scouting for talent...

OldBison75
11-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Proximity makes alot of difference to scouts. Very often, there will be coaches from SHSU, SFA, TAMU, UH, RICE, PVAMU, BLINN, and some Louisana schools that attend playoff games there.

A couple of years ago I identified 7 different college scouts at a 3A playoff game there and later noted that three players from that game got signed to Div ! schools and two others went to SHSU.

SintonFan
11-29-2009, 12:40 AM
This game needs to be the region 4(3) game of the week.:clap: :D

XtremeCouture
11-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by un b weavable
I believe the flip was just to decide Friday at SHSU or Saturday at SHSU.
they were saying on smoaky that reeve wanted to flip for home and home and a friday or saturday game and gilmer wanted to flip for either reliant stadium or the astrodome and either friday or saturday so they met in the middle with sam houston as the site on saturday and cuero gets to be the home team

sinton66
11-29-2009, 01:39 AM

Man, I sure hope Sinton plays on Friday so I can go to both games.

easttexas3a
11-29-2009, 01:41 AM
I have a feeling Cuero is not as athletic as Navasota, nor as big. That being said I have a feeling they will be just as well coached, play just as hard, and probably be better at playing at a high level the entire game. Navasota ran out of gas in the second half.

Nursebetty
11-29-2009, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by crabman
I am thinking something like 55-52. I don't know who is on the winning end. Too little knowledge of Gilmer.

At least this week the band won't be able to do much with their halftime performance with a Buckeye. That should keep us out of trouble.

LOL.......so true (band thing)!!!!!!!

Nursebetty
11-29-2009, 02:08 AM
Whatever the outcome of this game.........one thing is true.........GOBBLER followers and fans from all around will be very proud of our team.........We've had an awesome season so far....and want to continue on to State! I know our guys will come out and play their hearts out and play awesome GOBBLER football! I'm sure we can hang with Gilmer. I listened to part of the game today, and i was very impressed with Navasota! You guys did great........be proud!

Fans:
as everyone else is stressing......we need to be L-O-U-D!!!
we need to get there early like usual, and come in masses as we always do........We need noise makers, rally rags, etc. Anything to show our colors, and make alot of noise. Ingleside fans were impressed with our "GO MEAN GREEN"... and although we are loud with it, this time we gotta get louder!!!!!!!!!!!!! We do a great job supporting our team!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING is impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nursebetty
11-29-2009, 02:09 AM
and............ if there is a meet and greet decided, please please let me know, i was not able to make the one that was in CUERO a while back...........

thanks!

sinton66
11-29-2009, 03:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aPvWQdAca4
:D

IHStangFan
11-29-2009, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aPvWQdAca4
:D LMAO!!! OUTSTANDING!!! One of my favorite songs of all time!!!

although I prefer this backdrop...

Mean Green Version - Surfin' Bird (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoJ108-X9jc)

sinton66
11-29-2009, 04:11 AM
LMAO!!! OUTSTANDING!!! One of my favorite songs of all time!!!

although I prefer this backdrop...

Mean Green Version - Surfin' Bird (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoJ108-X9jc)

This one's pretty good too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-HM

IHStangFan
11-29-2009, 04:18 AM
This one's pretty good too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-HM LOL...yeah...I like that one too.

IHStangFan
11-29-2009, 04:22 AM
There's always this little gem too!!

Contain yourself...resit the urge!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sMB6dye29Q)

12thMan
11-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Our boys have what it takes to win this year. Who cares if were playing the #1 team in the state, I believe we can win!! Our team believes in theirselves and each other. So Cuero fans, we got 6 days to figure out what noise makers and chants were going to do at the game. From start to finish, we need to be on our feet making noise and, as Gobbler fans, giving it all we have supporting the Gobblers. Don't be shy and think you are going to make people mad by standing up and yelling. Who cares!! They can move! As fans, we have a job to do, and that's be as loud as we can for our boys.

Our Gobblers are on a mission this year. I feel we have the weapons to get the job done. Most of all, we have the heart to get the job done.

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
I have a feeling Cuero is not as athletic as Navasota, nor as big. That being said I have a feeling they will be just as well coached, play just as hard, and probably be better at playing at a high level the entire game. Navasota ran out of gas in the second half.
It's been 2 years since I've seen Navasota, so I don't know how this years' Rattler team compares to that one. I have seen Cuero, and I can say that there is no shortage of size or athletic talent.

CueroDad08
11-29-2009, 09:06 AM
I look for this to be a shootout both teams can score. It will all be about who can get that turnover or two. If you like fireworks dont miss this one. I agree with crabman we could see both teams in the 50's

OldBison75
11-29-2009, 09:19 AM
I haven't seen Cuero play this year, but after yesterday, I have seen Gilmer. I can tell you that Gilmer may not be huge and may not be the fastest team, but they are disciplined and play hard from the warm-up to the handshake at the end. They never seem to take a play off. If you are gonna beat them, you have to outscore them because they will put up points. Defensively, they had trouble with the quick routes on the passing game in the first half and got little pressure on the Rattler QB. In the second half, they changed tactics and the pressure came and the coverage became like a glove. The defensive line is not that big, but they are quick and play thier techniques very well. They have three linebackers that can run and will hit you hard.

I think this will be a battle of who makes the most of opportunity. Don't expect many punts--but if that becomes a factor, Gilmer has an unbelievable punter. He averaged 54.0 per punt against Navasota. Oh, they are great on kick coverage also.

I have to pick Gilmer in this game because they beat us.

Gilmer 49
Cuero 45

Cowboy_Up
11-29-2009, 09:21 AM

Cuero will not tire, those kids are the best conditioned team I've seen for the last few years. They just keep going and get better as the game goes on.
As far as athletic, top to bottom, I don't know. But they have an outstanding QB and RB, as well as a FB and TE you better keep an eye on. I know Gilmer has a great QB, but if you haven't seen Cuero the first thing you'll say when you see Arndt is, "dang, he's big". Watch him warm up to get a feel for his arm strength.

Cuero's weakness is their D has a tendency to give up the big play. They can't afford to give up many big plays to Gilmer.

This should be a great game.

OldBison75
11-29-2009, 09:30 AM
The comment that Navasota tired out is not accurate. Navasota was still playing hard, but the Gilmer defensive scheme changes were taking advantage of thier quickness and it took Navasota a couple of series to find an answer. By that time, Navasota was down 42-28 and still nearly came all the way back.

I had someone ask about the offside on the last Navasota kickoff---Navasota WAS offsides. I was sitting on the 40 yard line and looking down the line. The player was about a foot over the line when the ball was kicked. Good, and very courageous call from the ref with the game situation like it was. Overall, great zebra crew.

Green Bling
11-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I'll second that emotion. Cuero will ambush the Buckeyes. They haven't played the likes of the Gobblers. The Rattlers almost beat them. Cuero is a good step up from Navasota. Wait until they get a load of the Cuero offense. Go Gobblers beat Gilmer.

Think the Rattlers would have taken the Buckeyes if they hadn't had that sinking spell in the 3rd quarter. Was a great game to listen to. Think we can take this one, but will be close. Gobblers always bring their A game!! So proud of the character they have shown all year.

Green Bling
11-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Oh, and by the way, congrats especially to the 28 Navasota seniors on a great run! Had to feel their pain yesterday.

OldBison75
11-29-2009, 10:03 AM
I don't think that Navasota could have done much different than they did. They gave it all on the field and lost. Gilmer made the plays they had to make and the adjustments they made were better than Navasota. They won the game--both teams played hard and fast all afternoon, and there is no excuses from the Rattlers. A break here or there would have changed the dynamics, maybe, but the game is played on the field and Gilmer won that game fair and square.

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Gilmer fans and team:

I heard that starting today and through next week there will be road construction on every road that leads to Huntsville from up your way... You guys are probably gunna have to go up through arkansas and missrouri, then out to the Carolinas, down to I-10 and back to Houston then UP to Huntsville...

up to you guys if you still wanna come, we can just accept a forfeit...

Nursebetty
11-29-2009, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Green Bling
Think we can take this one, but will be close. Gobblers always bring their A game!! So proud of the character they have shown all year. [/QUOTE

AMEN!!!!!

lostaussie
11-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Gilmer fans and team:

I heard that starting today and through next week there will be road construction on every road that leads to Huntsville from up your way... You guys are probably gunna have to go up through arkansas and missrouri, then out to the Carolinas, down to I-10 and back to Houston then UP to Huntsville...

up to you guys if you still wanna come, we can just accept a forfeit... funny you mention this..............i was told that one of the football charters broke down on the way to the game yesterday. Gilmer travels so well and so early that fans on the way loaded up kids, equipment and gear and brought them on to the game. was told up to 20 cars and trucks may have been involved. hopefully someone who was there can shed a little more light on this really cool story!!! An ARMY of BUCKEYES:clap::clap::clap:

Green Bling
11-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey, Gobbla2001, to paraphrase 44, "We don't need not stinkin' forfeit!":D :D" Liked your recommendation to our friend to the north, tho. Hey, 44, can we count on you to be our "cruise director" for an M&G before the game Sat?

lostaussie
11-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Hey, Gobbla2001, to paraphrase 44, "We don't need not stinkin' forfeit!":D :D" Liked your recommendation to our friend to the north, tho. Hey, 44, can we count on you to be our "cruise director" for an M&G before the game Sat? B4 would be better for me also. halftime m&g suck if your getting your a$$ kicked. i liable not to show.............aka 2007:D

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Did some lookin' at the mileages involved in this game... I don't usually take the approx. time as solid info... for example from Brenham to Huntsville is a 68 mile trip but says it takes almost 2 hrs... not familiar with the area but a doubt that...

anyhoo...

Looked up Cuero to Huntsville, maps says go up to I-10 at Schulenburg and take I-10 up to Houston and take whichever loop that is around to I-45... that route makes it 208 miles from Cuero to Huntsville... but the way I would probably take would be Cuero through LG, Brenham etc...

That route makes it 174 miles

Not going to act like I know anything about that NE/E Texas area, so I'll just trust the map on this one ha (will say it looks like it could be the best way)...

So anyway:

Cuero to Huntsville: 174 miles

Gilmer to Huntsville: 183 miles

*Gilmer to Cuero: 412 miles

*The suggested route from Gilmer to Cuero has the Gilmer folk going down to Tyler then going West on I20 to I35, then taking I35 all of the way down to New Braunfels before getting off of I35... that's why I don't like these directions... No one going to Austin from Cuero goes through New Braunfels to get there, you just go straight to Austin...

I'd think if given enough time to think about it, a Cuero or Gilmer person would find less road to get to the other place...

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
B4 would be better for me also. halftime m&g suck if your getting your a$$ kicked. i liable not to show.............aka 2007:D
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

lostaussie
11-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: at least you remembered:D

gobblergreen
11-29-2009, 11:18 AM
GO MEAN GREEN...GO MEAN GREEN...GO MEAN GREEN...

Green Bling
11-29-2009, 11:27 AM
funny you mention this..............i was told that one of the football charters broke down on the way to the game yesterday. Gilmer travels so well and so early that fans on the way loaded up kids, equipment and gear and brought them on to the game. was told up to 20 cars and trucks may have been involved. hopefully someone who was there can shed a little more light on this really cool story!!! An ARMY of BUCKEYES:clap::clap::clap:
I love this story. Such a good show of how a town loves their team! Just makes you feel good about people.

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 11:34 AM
funny you mention this..............i was told that one of the football charters broke down on the way to the game yesterday. Gilmer travels so well and so early that fans on the way loaded up kids, equipment and gear and brought them on to the game. was told up to 20 cars and trucks may have been involved. hopefully someone who was there can shed a little more light on this really cool story!!! An ARMY of BUCKEYES:clap::clap::clap:

BINGO...

Alright, I need about 20 vehicles and a mechanic to screw up one of Gilmer's football buses bad enough to break it down but not bad enough to get folk hurt... we leave for Gilmer Friday...

a group of spotters leave to track the buses progress, then after the bus breaks down we come from behind dressed in our Gilmer stuff we bought the night before and say "hey, we'll take these badass boys to the game, get on in"

then we drive somewhere away from Huntsville...

OldBison75
11-29-2009, 11:46 AM
I know that Cuero has great fan support. I was told that Gilmer fans came in big numbers but had a tendency to not get too excited. Well, the 5000 or so that were at Lufkin were loud and proud. They have chants, cheers, and big lungs. Very impressive.

By the way, if you do happen to break down a bus----there are enough of them traveling in caravans to bring half of Dallas to Huntsville. In east Texas, seeing six people in the bed of the truck is a small gathering.

BuckeyeNut
11-29-2009, 04:39 PM
wow I see were most of the people on the site are form. Dont count us out like most of you do every week. We will see on Sunday morining when everyone is saying what a great game it was. I see it going 42-21 Gilmer

sinton66
11-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Did some lookin' at the mileages involved in this game... I don't usually take the approx. time as solid info... for example from Brenham to Huntsville is a 68 mile trip but says it takes almost 2 hrs... not familiar with the area but a doubt that...

anyhoo...

Looked up Cuero to Huntsville, maps says go up to I-10 at Schulenburg and take I-10 up to Houston and take whichever loop that is around to I-45... that route makes it 208 miles from Cuero to Huntsville... but the way I would probably take would be Cuero through LG, Brenham etc...

Not going to act like I know anything about that NE/E Texas area, so I'll just trust the map on this one ha (will say it looks like it could be the best way)...

So anyway:

*The suggested route from Gilmer to Cuero has the Gilmer folk going down to Tyler then going West on I20 to I35, then taking I35 all of the way down to New Braunfels before getting off of I35... that's why I don't like these directions... No one going to Austin from Cuero goes through New Braunfels to get there, you just go straight to Austin...

I'd think if given enough time to think about it, a Cuero or Gilmer person would find less road to get to the other place...

Maybe check into I10 to Sealy, up 36 to Bellville and whatever road it is to Hempstead. Then 2004 (I think) to Tomball on through to I45N. Also, from Hempstead, you could go up 290N to 105E and go across to I45N at Conroe. Not sure if it would be any shorter.

lbjacj
11-29-2009, 04:52 PM

Go Mean Green!

I'll be there too.How about a M&G under the Scoreboard?

Go Mean Green!

TOPS1435
11-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I know that the Gobbler seniors are eager to win this game and go to the state finals. However, realize the 20+ seniors on the Buckeye squad are equally ready to go......allll......the...... way.........

Only a few of the players were on the field when Gilmer lost in 2006 to Liberty-Eylau, the eventual Div I state champion. They had to listen to the taunts "one and done."

Stump and several others of these Buckeyes were on the field when Liberty Hill gave them a lesson in rushing the football which they have not forgotten.

Last year, they did lose at Class 4A Kilgore's homecoming and then to Carthage in the semifinals.

Therefore, in four years, our seniors have lost 4 games, 3 to state champions. They strongly feel and have felt all year that it is time for them to take it all.

Saturday we will learn if this is one more step down the road or the end of the road for one very talented ball club, whoever wins or loses.

44INAROW
11-29-2009, 05:21 PM
welcome to the downlow TOPS - these polls mean nothing -- just gives us something to talk about all week. I expect nothing better than 2 storied football teams from 2 big-longtime football towns to meet up - head to head in the semi finals. Who's gonna win - only time will tell - but I guarantee both teams leave it all on the field. I don't know how much you know about the Gobblers and this year's team. They are on a mission. It's not just the seniors, it's the entire team. One Team, One Town. I for one hope with all I have that they accomplish their mission but either way, I am here to support them - just as I have been for as long as I can remember. Dang, it's gonna be another long week :)

GO MEAN GREEN :clap:

TOPS1435
11-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome, but I am not truly a rookie. I met LHPantherMom at the meet and greet in Waco in 2007. I never posted last year, just lurked, so I lost my status. I am one who would prefer a meet and greet before the game because I am busy working at half time.

44INAROW
11-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
Thanks for the welcome, but I am not truly a rookie. I met LHPantherMom at the meet and greet in Waco in 2007. I never posted last year, just lurked, so I lost my status. I am one who would prefer a meet and greet before the game because I am busy working at half time.
I am hoping to firm up some details later on in the week for those of us that want to meet before the game (at the stadium) ;)

GreenMachine
11-29-2009, 06:26 PM

anyhoo...

So anyway:

I'd think if given enough time to think about it, a Cuero or Gilmer person would find less road to get to the other place... I made the drive from Cuero to Huntsville dang near every weekend from 1985 -1990 and I always went LaGrange-Brenham-Navasota-etc. Took a little over 3 hrs., but that was when the speed limit was 55.

pirate4state
11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
We could meet here before and/or during half time. Just a suggestion. I plan to be there. :)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/1SHSU_1.jpg

M&G WOS-v-La Vega at SHSU
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/wos_lv005.jpg

GreenMachine
11-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
wow I see were most of the people on the site are form. Dont count us out like most of you do every week. We will see on Sunday morining when everyone is saying what a great game it was. I see it going 42-21 Gilmer Will be a great game. I don't see Gilmer holding Cuero to 21 pts. You will be impressed with the Gobbler offense. LOTS of weapons ;)

pirate4state
11-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Will be a great game. I don't see Gilmer holding Cuero to 21 pts. You will be impressed with the Gobbler offense. LOTS of weapons ;) I don't either, but wouldn't it be funny if it turns out to be a defensive battle? Everyone comes in expecting a high scoring game and it turns into a 21-17 type of game!!! :eek: :eek:

Nah....let it fly boys!

gobbler grad
11-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
We could meet here before and/or during half time. Just a suggestion. I plan to be there. :)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/1SHSU_1.jpg

M&G WOS-v-La Vega at SHSU
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/wos_lv005.jpg

looks easy to get too...

crabman
11-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Therefore, in four years, our seniors have lost 4 games, 3 to state champions.

Hopefully it will be five losses to 4 state champions after this year. :D

I like the trend......

sinfan75
11-29-2009, 07:45 PM
No offense to my turkey buds, Gilmer gets turkey stomped!!:D

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Welcome back! Good to see you!

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 07:59 PM
I see it going 42-21 Gilmer

Not over-doing it on that prediction... possible...

I'm thinking a 49-42/56-49 type of score myself...

Then again it's all about what I think is a pretty damn good Gilmer secondary... that's why you're not over-doing it on the 21...

We'll see what our running game is able to do... One back going almost 300 one week and the other going 150 the next... gunna need that running game if we wanna pass against this bunch of Buckeyes...

Did a good job of it against a pretty good Sealy secondary, but I'm betting the Buckeye one is a tad better...

sinton66
11-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
No offense to my turkey buds, Gilmer gets turkey stomped!!:D

The Bird is the Word!:D

easttexas3a
11-29-2009, 08:30 PM
One of my friends picked up two buckeyes, also some shoulder pads and helmet bags too. Said they were JV kids. Apparently the bus broke down a few times, and the 2nd or 3rd time Jeff Traylor just decided to stick his thumb out and hitchhike. Over 40 kids were taken to the game in that manner I believe lol.

Gilmer usually takes 5000 to playoff games. We have a lot of sit on there hands fans til about the 3rd round. Then eveyrone starts to get into it. I am sure we will be full force Saturday. I'm expecting between the two of us to put 10,000 in sam houston. I don't think crowds ever really play a true factor in games.

The game will come down to things no one really is talking about.

turnovers, penalties, and exploiting matchups.

I hope Gilmer can get healthy, our best WR and RB did not play against navasota, Tristan Holt who is commited to Missouri rolled an ankle in the first quarter, and Gus Osborne the RB suited up but did not play due to injury from earlier. Our backup running backs are extremly good, we really have a 3 headed monster type of backfield.........but we need Tristan Holt who is a big time playmaker at WR, but also huge in the Punt and Kick return game

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 08:41 PM

I hope Gilmer can get healthy, our best WR and RB did not play against navasota, Tristan Holt who is commited to Missouri rolled an ankle in the first quarter, and Gus Osborne the RB suited up but did not play due to injury from earlier. Our backup running backs are extremly good, we really have a 3 headed monster type of backfield.........but we need Tristan Holt who is a big time playmaker at WR, but also huge in the Punt and Kick return game

we feel ya, been missin' one of our best all year... hopefully he aint too busy and comes down from up above to trip a few of your players up ha...

SpursFan
11-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Nursebetty

Fans:
as everyone else is stressing......we need to be L-O-U-D!!!
we need to get there early like usual, and come in masses as we always do........We need noise makers, rally rags, etc. Anything to show our colors, and make alot of noise. Ingleside fans were impressed with our "GO MEAN GREEN"... and although we are loud with it, this time we gotta get louder!!!!!!!!!!!!! We do a great job supporting our team!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING is impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am helping the yell team make noise makers of every shape, size and color!! LOL!!!

They are going to give them out at the game!
I am hoping to have at LEAST 100!!!!!

There is only one condition when getting one!! You MUST agree to bring it next week to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!

44INAROW
11-29-2009, 08:48 PM
we feel ya, been missin' one of our best all year... hopefully he aint too busy and comes down from up above

he'll be there.. he's been there all year.. :)

easttexas3a
11-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Terrible thing to lose frinds and family, it is even worse when that person is so young. Gilmer experienced it with a young man named Josh Nelson a few years ago.

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Terrible thing to lose frinds and family, it is even worse when that person is so young. Gilmer experienced it with a young man named Josh Nelson a few years ago.

you know I think I remember reading that on here... it's a crazy thing... you just see the kids playing football, figure they'll be there 'til they walk the stage...

lbjacj
11-29-2009, 09:20 PM

Happened in Wimberley a few years back.
Cherish your loved ones and live life to the fullest.It can end in a blink of an eye.

Nursebetty
11-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
Our boys have what it takes to win this year. Who cares if were playing the #1 team in the state, I believe we can win!! Our team believes in theirselves and each other. So Cuero fans, we got 6 days to figure out what noise makers and chants were going to do at the game. From start to finish, we need to be on our feet making noise and, as Gobbler fans, giving it all we have supporting the Gobblers. Don't be shy and think you are going to make people mad by standing up and yelling. Who cares!! They can move! As fans, we have a job to do, and that's be as loud as we can for our boys.

Our Gobblers are on a mission this year. I feel we have the weapons to get the job done. Most of all, we have the heart to get the job done.

I couldnt have said it any better myself............cmon GOBBLER FANS................we can be LOUD , PROUD, AND BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!

ma2_85
11-30-2009, 12:10 AM
we feel ya, been missin' one of our best all year... hopefully he aint too busy and comes down from up above to trip a few of your players up ha...

22 years since our last State Championship, and with the help and motivation of CP-22 we'll be winners this week and next.

easttexas3a
11-30-2009, 01:25 AM
For most of you, Gilmer is too far for you to see them play. Cuero is too far for me to see them play, I have been looking over youtube and have found a few clips of them.

Below is a link to a youtube channel that has buckeye highlights, and will sprinkle ina fe wof the opponets. Its nearly full games but broken down play by play. So if you want to watch a little bit of Gilmer, they have the navasota, and la vega games up. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gilmergreene#p/u/50/wXAmU8_F39U

TOPS1435
11-30-2009, 04:06 AM
As has been said, we understand the pain of loss. One year it was a player's mom that died, the next was when Josh Nelson was fighting cancer, had it in remission for a spell, but it came back in the summer after he graduated. The next year a coach's dad went down, and this year it was the play-by-play radio announcer for the last several years. He was 38, and his son is one of the ball boys.

I know Cuero has lost a few times over the years to eventual state champs as well.

Good to be back, LHPantherMom.

As far as I am concerned, I am not predicting scores. I remember the year when Traylor said, " I never thought we could 58 points and lose." That was in '05, and the next year the opposing quarterback was playing for Traylor. Predicting is for selling magazines and papers in the summertime.

Blue42
11-30-2009, 05:22 AM
I will make a prediction and say that this will be a great game played by two great teams loaded with lots of fan support.
GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuckeyeNut
11-30-2009, 07:53 AM
For most of you, Gilmer is too far for you to see them play. Cuero is too far for me to see them play, I have been looking over youtube and have found a few clips of them.

Below is a link to a youtube channel that has buckeye highlights, and will sprinkle ina fe wof the opponets. Its nearly full games but broken down play by play. So if you want to watch a little bit of Gilmer, they have the navasota, and la vega games up. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gilmergreene#p/u/50/wXAmU8_F39U
very good eastexas3a, and if Holt had not rolled that ankle we would have a few more highlights in that last game.

OldBison75
11-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Black Flag,

I can't believe that you are actually using a turned ankle as an excuse for why the game against Navasota was not more in favor of Gilmer. Navasota also lost it's top running back to a turned ankle, but we have not made a single complaint or even mentioned it before this post. I really don't think it would have made that much difference in the game in the long run, but it did have an effect on our offense in the second half. This game was decided by the Gilmer defense adjusting and tackling better in the second half-NOTHING ELSE.

As for this week's game. Gilmer vs Cuero will be a real battle. Gilmer has the type defense that can step up in the crunch and make big plays to stop drives. Cuero has a very diversified offense and better running game that Navasota. On offense the Buckeyes are efficient and if Stump is given a little time he will pick you apart. The Gobbler defense has bent this season in some games , but they have also made stops when needed to take control of the game.

I have to support the Buckeyes after watching them beat the Rattlers, but they will have to control the Cuero offense in the first half and stay close. If Cuero gets on a roll, they seem to get stronger. Both fan bases will be loud and proud and I know that Gilmer responds to that on the field.

My pick is Gilmer by 7 on a late TD and the Buckeye defense making a big stop on Cuero's final drive.

BuckeyeNut
11-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Black Flag,

I can't believe that you are actually using a turned ankle as an excuse for why the game against Navasota was not more in favor of Gilmer. Navasota also lost it's top running back to a turned ankle, but we have not made a single complaint or even mentioned it before this post. I really don't think it would have made that much difference in the game in the long run, but it did have an effect on our offense in the second half. This game was decided by the Gilmer defense adjusting and tackling better in the second half-NOTHING ELSE.

As for this week's game. Gilmer vs Cuero will be a real battle. Gilmer has the type defense that can step up in the crunch and make big plays to stop drives. Cuero has a very diversified offense and better running game that Navasota. On offense the Buckeyes are efficient and if Stump is given a little time he will pick you apart. The Gobbler defense has bent this season in some games , but they have also made stops when needed to take control of the game.

I have to support the Buckeyes after watching them beat the Rattlers, but they will have to control the Cuero offense in the first half and stay close. If Cuero gets on a roll, they seem to get stronger. Both fan bases will be loud and proud and I know that Gilmer responds to that on the field.

My pick is Gilmer by 7 on a late TD and the Buckeye defense making a big stop on Cuero's final drive.

Thanks for the note but Holt has returned punts all year for TD's he is a sight to see, but anyways that is the past it was a great game. I have not seen the Gobblers at all this year who have yall played?

OldBison75
11-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Black Flag, I don't doubt that Holt was a valuable part of the Buckeye team, but the game is played with injuries sometimes and it is pretty petty to be making excuses about why you did not win by more than you did. It is kinda insulting to a group of kids from Navasota that played a super game and stayed toe to toe with the Buckeyes all day. Gilmer won and deserved to win based on how they played, especially in the second half. But, the Rattlers were on the verge of tying the game in the late going and might have succeeded if they had execute the onsides kick without a mistake. Those are the breaks and we accept them. We also are humble enough to congratulate your Buckeyes on a great game and throw our support behind them.

As for who we played---Bellville when they were ranked in the top 10, Rockdale when they were in the top 15, Caldwell when they were ranked in the top 10, Henderson, who made the 4A playoffs, Palestine, a 3A playoff team, Hearne, a 2A playoff team. Plus Taylor, Cameron, Madisonville, and Bryan Rudder. And, I will add that Cameron and Madisonville could have made the playoffs in many 3A districts across the state.

poisoned10
11-30-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm excited for this matchup. I've been wanting to see Cuero for a very long time now, especially their QB, Tyler Arndt. I've heard so much about him from people from all over the state. I'm expecting to see a Ryan Mallet type taking the snaps for them.

This is going to be a VERY tough test for both teams. Gilmer hasn't really been tested for 4 quarters this year until Navasota, which I believe was good for us. This team knows how to win. In the 4 years they have been in high school, Gilmer has gone 49-4, with 3 of those loses coming in the playoffs to eventual state champions. So they know what it takes.

Another thing about Gilmer, I've never seen another team as good as ours at making adjustments and executing those adjustments. The 1st game of the year, we were leading Jasper, 8-7, and our offensive line was getting blown up. But in the 2nd half, the offensive line did great and we came away with a 42-14 win. A few games later against Liberty-Eylau, we went into halftime down, 10-9, and was facing an early 3rd quarter, 17-9 deficite. Gilmer was able to come away with a 35-17 win. Then, in the game against Navasota, they carved through our defense in the 1st half. I'm sure I'm wrong, but I only remember 1 time in the 1st half that Gilmer held them to a 0 yard gain or a loss of yards. Their QB even had 7 carries for 67 yards and 2 TD's in the 1st half and their offensive line dominated. But in the 2nd half, I believe Gilmer had 9 plays where they held Navasota to either 0 yards gained, or negative yards. The QB ran the ball 9 times for just 14 yards and 0 TD's while the offense was only able to manage 93 yards of offense with 23 of them coming on a TD pass after a VERY questionable pass interference call.

This is going to be a tough game, and hopefully Gilmer can get healthy and come away with the win!

Pawdaddy
11-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Someone tell me where I can find a story about whatever happened at halftime of Cuero's last game. I've seen several posts that said it was in poor taste or disrespectful, but what did they do?

Tiger Turtle
11-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Arndt is as good as his press clippings, I can see him having great success in D1 (maybe even beyond). For my money, #3 is running him a close race for MVP.

headhunter
11-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Good post poisened10

Both teams will match-up very well against each other, Both teams are very talented at skill positions. BUT the important thing to remember is BOTH teams are beatable.

At the QB position --- Both teams have their best player at the position. They are two different style QB. Godfrey is a very athletic and elusive QB but can throw a pretty darn good ball. Arndt on the other hand has incredible arm strength and has a great knack for making incredible throws, he may not be quite as ellusive as Godfrey but he is able to scramble and make plays with his feet. Both teams will rely on the QB's to make plays, but the little things that they do in this game, that do not seem to be "BIG" plays will be what makes the difference. For example, throwing the ball away instead of taking a sack, running for a sure gain instead of trying to make a long throw, and making everyone around them play better and believe they will win. Normally in big games teams will be faced with a little adversity, it will be important how they deal with adversity.

Someone mentioned it will be the little things that determine the outcome of this game. I agree, when two good teams meet up it normally depends on turnovers, field position, time of possession, and who can make those key stops.

The biggest difference in a game like this is the gameplan scheme that the coaches come up with. Sometimes coaches will get away from what they do best and overthink the situation --- Just go play and do what you have done all year. For Gilmer that is play the with the fast tempo offense and allow Godfrey to distribute the ball to his playmakers. For Cuero it is allowing Arndt to throw the ball early and mix in the running game as you go.

Defensively both teams will have to make minor adjustment, both teams probabaly have not seen a team who can execute as well as these two can. It will be important for Cuero to change up coverages and to get some safety help over the top. Both defenses have to remember they are not expected to shut the other team down, all they have to do is make two or three key stops during the game and when the opprotunity presents itself, take the momentum.

Gilmer is and has to be the favorite in this game. They have been #1 all year and have deserved that ranking. The early line on this game, in my opinion, is:

Gilmer -7.5
Over/Under 77-1/2

headhunter
11-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
Someone tell me where I can find a story about whatever happened at halftime of Cuero's last game. I've seen several posts that said it was in poor taste or disrespectful, but what did they do?

It was a band skit, Ingleside dug real deep for something to complain about, nobody cares, go read the Ingleside thread and don't bring it on here please.

It just might be the stupidest thing I have ever heard someone complain about after getting beat.

I promise you Cuero win or lose will not complain about your halftime show.

headhunter
11-30-2009, 11:04 AM
I have a few questions for the Gilmer fans --- It is amazing that their are four playerswith D1 potential on your roster. From my research and from hearsay I have heard the following are going D1. Is this correct?

Tristan Holt CB 6'0" 183 4.49 - BAYLOR
Braylon Webb S 6'2" 180 4.6 - MISSOURI
Jacob Jenkins OG 6'3" 265 N/A - MISSOURI
Stump Godfrey QB 6'1" 185 4.58 - UNCOMMITTED

Where is Godfrey going? Is their anymore.

Back in the 90's Cuero sent 6 guys from one team to D1 schools on Scholorships, I thought that was one of the best teams ever, turned out they lost in the semi-finals to Sealy who did not sign any players to D1 schools.

tdsteele
11-30-2009, 11:16 AM
A couple of committments have changed.

So far they are:

Tristan Holt - Mizzou
Braylon Webb - Mizzou
Jacob Jenkins - Oklahoma St.
Stump Godrey - Uncommitted with offers from kansas State and Tulsa.

poisoned10
11-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by headhunter
Tristan Holt CB 6'0" 183 4.49 - BAYLOR
Braylon Webb S 6'2" 180 4.6 - MISSOURI
Jacob Jenkins OG 6'3" 265 N/A - MISSOURI
Stump Godfrey QB 6'1" 185 4.58 - UNCOMMITTED

Where is Godfrey going? Is their anymore.

Tristan Holt switched his commitment from Baylor to Missouri prior to the season.

The last that I knew of, Stump had recieved offers from Kansas State and Tulsa and was also being recruited by Oklahoma, TCU, Arkansas, Baylor, Houston and North Texas.

poisoned10
11-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by tdsteele
A couple of committments have changed.

So far they are:

Tristan Holt - Mizzou
Braylon Webb - Mizzou
Jacob Jenkins - Oklahoma St.
Stump Godrey - Uncommitted with offers from kansas State and Tulsa.

I didn't know Jacob switch to OSU. When did that happen?

tdsteele
11-30-2009, 11:31 AM
I heard about it right before the first playoff game. However, Rivals has the date listed as Nov.1st.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jacob-Jenkins-93559

big_stew48
11-30-2009, 11:38 AM
After watching Cuero play Ingleside, Cuero needs to tighten up on the defensive side of the ball. Ingleside had numerous penalties, dropped passes, and their QB was injured and they still racked up close to 400 yards on Cuero.

rojosgirl
11-30-2009, 11:58 AM
This will be a great game, no doubt. One that many have been waiting for for a few years now. I'm already impressed with the posts so far. No trash talking whatsoever. What a concept! Just two first class teams with their fans meeting for a great evening of Texas football. Not sure if I can wait all week or not!

Many speaking of routes and I have family in Huntsville so I've been there many times. The way we go is Gonzales, Bastrop, Caldwell, College Station, Huntsville. And I do start the trip a little farther west than Cuero. To each his own . . . . .

Safe travles to all going to the game. Last one out of Cuero, turn out the lights! Both teams should have great crowds there. The stadium is located in a beautiful setting and it will be a great outing for all. Good luck everyone and GO-MEAN-GREEN!

:wave:

headhunter
11-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by big_stew48
After watching Cuero play Ingleside, Cuero needs to tighten up on the defensive side of the ball. Ingleside had numerous penalties, dropped passes, and their QB was injured and they still racked up close to 400 yards on Cuero.

So you watched one game! Ingleside had fewer penalty yards then Cuero, and I do not remember many drop passes either, I was actually very impressed with Ingleside's offensive execution.

With that said, Yes Cuero needs to play better on defense, but that has been said all year. Nothing has changed, Cuero plays a base 4-4 split defense and does not change up coverages and they have no safety help over the top, CB are one on one. The Gobbler defense has been suspect to giving up points and big plays, but they have found ways to tighten up when they need the big stops. Lets just hope they keep finding those key stops this week.

XtremeCouture
11-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
So you watched one game! Ingleside had fewer penalty yards then Cuero, and I do not remember many drop passes either, I was actually very impressed with Ingleside's offensive execution.

With that said, Yes Cuero needs to play better on defense, but that has been said all year. Nothing has changed, Cuero plays a base 4-4 split defense and does not change up coverages and they have no safety help over the top, CB are one on one. The Gobbler defense has been suspect to giving up points and big plays, but they have found ways to tighten up when they need the big stops. Lets just hope they keep finding those key stops this week.
hopefully reeve the football genius will adjust his defensive gameplan to the team he is playing. i remember in 2005 when hutto played 3 deep the entire game and kept us from throwing the ball downfield. we'll see what happens. i'm honestly expecting cuero to get burned deep as long as gilmer's qb is somewhat accurate and their receivers are reliable. with gilmer going for it on 4th and anything anywhere on the field, cuero is really going to have to rely on their defense and that's what leads me to believe gilmer will win this one by 2 td's

LionFan72
11-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Will this game be webcast? Would love to be there, but can listen if on the web! great interest from central Texas.

44INAROW
11-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Will this game be webcast? Would love to be there, but can listen if on the web! great interest from central Texas.

www.gobblersports.com you can listen to archieved games as well :)

HEMOTOXIC
11-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Haha, Not sure why so many people believe that Gilmer will be beaten Saturday. Is it because they beat Navasota by 7? The rebuilding Rattlers that lost to La Vega by a touchdown in overtime last year that went on to handle the Gobblers with relatively ease comparing the game against the Rattlers.

Yes, I'm just :stirpot:. But, I don't see Cuero beating Gilmer. Prove me wrong.

Go Bucks!

44INAROW
11-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Haha, Not sure why so many people believe that Gilmer will be beaten Saturday. Is it because they beat Navasota by 7? The rebuilding Rattlers that lost to La Vega by a touchdown in overtime last year that went on to handle the Gobblers with relatively ease comparing the game against the Rattlers.

Go Bucks!

I know you're stirring :) but I don't see the Cuero folks saying we're going to beat Gilmer - I know we all HOPE we do and it is CERTAINLY possible but we're not shouting it from the moutain tops.. Now the polls - like I said earlier - we have no control on who and how they vote

gobblerfan34
11-30-2009, 01:07 PM
two great teams, should be a great game will probably come down to turnovers and special teams

i think if cuero plays their game and can get a few stops on defense we can win

it could very well be one of the best games of the year

GO MEAN GREEN

WILDGOBBLERCAT
11-30-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't think you know what the hell you're talking about 34.
JK

Should be a great game and like it's been said, a match-up that's been in the making for several years.

Come on Gobblers, bring home the W!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lostaussie
11-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
This will be a great game, no doubt. One that many have been waiting for for a few years now. I'm already impressed with the posts so far. No trash talking whatsoever. What a concept! Just two first class teams with their fans meeting for a great evening of Texas football. Not sure if I can wait all week or not!
Give it a few days.............I'm sure some from both sides will come out of the woodwork:D Me on the other hand, am just patiently awaiting something I have wanted for several years. Nothing better than trying to beat some of the finest programs in the state!!! I for one am glad we are the visitors. I like our white uni's and wanted nothing more than to see Cuero dressed out in green. This might be one for the ages!!!

TOPS1435
11-30-2009, 01:43 PM
In 2007, when Tatum came to Buckeye Stadium, an estimated crowd of 7,500 overflowed a stadium with a capacity of 5,000. The Visitors side was a lovely shade of green with all the Eagle fans in attendance and the Buckeyes were mixed in their orange and black. It was a great occassion.

I would love to see a repeat Saturday, although the green would be Cuero this time.

Some of us have been on DownLow since the state championship run of 2004 and we thought we might face Cuero that year or in '07, but we went Div I that year and I think Cuero went D-II.

Just as lostaussie said, this has been coming for years now.

Gobbla2001
11-30-2009, 01:46 PM
May or may not have already asked this:

Gilmer Fans: Do you guys consider yourselves East or Northeast Texas?

That also got me thinking, what in the hell do us Cuero folk consider Cuero? South-Central, South, Gulf-Coastal WTH? never hear it defined as being in any specific geographical region...

poisoned10
11-30-2009, 01:49 PM
May or may not have already asked this:

Gilmer Fans: Do you guys consider yourselves East or Northeast Texas?

I've always considered us "East" Texas.

Might just be me though.

Gobbla2001
11-30-2009, 01:51 PM
I've always considered us "East" Texas.

Might just be me though.

we need to get an expert here, this state's shape makes it hard for me to understand these things...

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Cuero in a shocker:eek:

TOPS1435
11-30-2009, 01:54 PM
OldBison75,

No disrespect for the effort by Navasota was meant by Black Flag's comment about Tristan Holt. We understand that teams are banged up at this time of the year.

He was just stating an opinion which many (maybe even non-Buckeyes) felt about seeing Tristan Holt out. Holt is the most exciting game-breaker the Buckeyes have had since Curtis Brown went to UT (the starting cornerback who showed his skills this year on an INT return this year for a TD.)

It was not to put down the Rattlers.

It was regretting an opportunity to see him spin, hurdle, go across the grain, and all the other things he does to make things happen even on the simplest screen pass. Even we stayed old photojournalists get our cameras ready any time a punt is headed Tristan's way.

For examples, good look at footage on YouTube against La Vega. One of his punt returns for TDs was return on a penalty, but both are delightful to watch.

easttexas3a
11-30-2009, 01:59 PM
I consider Gilmer "East" Texas, Which to me is basically anything north of huntsville and livingston, and south of sulphur springs and greenville, and east of waco lol. Idk what the real "east" texas is, but this area Gilmer is is sometimes called the Piney Woods.

OldBison75
11-30-2009, 02:06 PM
I understand that Holt can be a gamebreaker. And, I understand that many would have loved to see him get an opportunity to shine in that game. I have no problem with the expectations you have for the young man.

What does bother me is that numerous Rattler players read this board daily and they were so impressed with the conduct of the Gilmer fans and players after the game. Now they are being subjected to talk that "if everybody was healthy, they would have lost by more. These guys have been playing hurt all year. The starting center had a torn ACL and has played the last two weeks with a brace because they told him he couldn't hurt it any worse. Our best running back injured his ankle in this game and was not a big factor after that. But, we made no excuses for the loss except that Gilmer executed when they had to.

After reading some posts here and on Smoaky, some Rattler players are feeling a little disappointed that the class and humility shown on Saturday afternoon by most has turned into some saying that they should have beat us by more, IF. See what I mean?

GTownballer
11-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Saturday can't get here soon enough,, somebody has got to start the smack,,looks like the Gobblers are winning the poll on 3A and the Bucks are winning on Smoaky. More buck fans on Smoaky and more Gobbler fans on 3A...LOL..

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 02:32 PM
I understand that Holt can be a gamebreaker. And, I understand that many would have loved to see him get an opportunity to shine in that game. I have no problem with the expectations you have for the young man.

What does bother me is that numerous Rattler players read this board daily and they were so impressed with the conduct of the Gilmer fans and players after the game. Now they are being subjected to talk that "if everybody was healthy, they would have lost by more. These guys have been playing hurt all year. The starting center had a torn ACL and has played the last two weeks with a brace because they told him he couldn't hurt it any worse. Our best running back injured his ankle in this game and was not a big factor after that. But, we made no excuses for the loss except that Gilmer executed when they had to.

After reading some posts here and on Smoaky, some Rattler players are feeling a little disappointed that the class and humility shown on Saturday afternoon by most has turned into some saying that they should have beat us by more, IF. See what I mean?

Tell your boys not to get butt hurt over what is posted on a message board.

headhunter
11-30-2009, 02:34 PM
http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/77901152.html

Newsman said this was played in the "Piney Woods"

12thMan
11-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC

Go Bucks!

I promise, this is a different Gobbler football team than last year. We know the talent Gilmer has on their team, that doesn't mean the Gobblers can't win!

IMO, Gilmer will face a tougher offense than they faced last week. Gobblers have a lot of weapons and will spread the ball around.

GTownballer
11-30-2009, 02:47 PM

I think #8 was your go to back,, and I think he got gimped up on you quys second series of the second half?,, Our, what we consider our feature back 22 Gus Osburne, did'nt play at all,,Marlon Granville did a great job,, and carried the load,,but he's not Gus Osburne,, just imagine #8 not getting to start at all, do you still think the score would have been as close, because the back that took his place did not do as well,, I think that's all he is getting at,, #3 Triston Holt can make a big differance in the game,, #11 Paul Chestnut return's punts when Triston can't, the punt return that Paul got tackled by the big 74, I think that's his #, Triston Holt would of made him look silly, that's not bragging that's just fact. Not taking anything away from Navasota, they gave us all we wanted and then some, kind of reminded of a big 5A team, would the game have been differant, with us completely healthy, maybe not, but I know we would have felt better about it...Again great game, and hope to see you next year.....

Aesculus gilmus
11-30-2009, 02:49 PM
In 2007, when Tatum came to Buckeye Stadium, an estimated crowd of 7,500 overflowed a stadium with a capacity of 5,000.

That was in 2006. Tatum lost, 45-21. It was billed as the East Texas Super Bowl because both teams were ranked No. 1 at the time, Gilmer in 3A and Tatum in 2A.

In 2007 Tatum played Gilmer in Tyler, losing 71-28.

http://gilmerbuckeyes.blogspot.com/2007/09/buckeyes-score-most-points-since-1930.html

12thMan
11-30-2009, 02:52 PM
And for my 100th post...

Go Mean Green!!!

GreenMachine
11-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Cuero in a shocker:eek: Wouldn't be a shocker ;)

GTownballer
11-30-2009, 03:30 PM
I promise, this is a different Gobbler football team than last year. We know the talent Gilmer has on their team, that doesn't mean the Gobblers can't win!

IMO, Gilmer will face a tougher offense than they faced last week. Gobblers have a lot of weapons and will spread the ball around.

We will get to watch film of the Gobblers on Weds. I will be able to get a better feel,, of this game then......And as far as Cuero having as good of a offense as Navasota,,from what I've read, the o'line is not nearly as big,,Navasota O'line was the biggest we've seen this year,, and probably the most physical,, they were the diffrance for us in the first half. We're from east texas, we see some pretty good and fast offense's, not disrespecting Cuero's but again there is alot of speed in these Piney Woods, alot of the teams do well in track...

ccmom
11-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Go Gobblers!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

lostaussie
11-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Go Gobblers!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: Seems like lots of Wylie fans pulling for the gobblers................I think there is a reason for that:D

ccmom
11-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Seems like lots of Wylie fans pulling for the gobblers................I think there is a reason for that:D

There sure is!!

I like "44inarow" better than you!! :taunt: :taunt:

:p

GreenMachine
11-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by GTownballer
We will get to watch film of the Gobblers on Weds. I will be able to get a better feel,, of this game then......And as far as Cuero having as good of a offense as Navasota,,from what I've read, the o'line is not nearly as big,,Navasota O'line was the biggest we've seen this year,, and probably the most physical,, they were the diffrance for us in the first half. We're from east texas, we see some pretty good and fast offense's, not disrespecting Cuero's but again there is alot of speed in these Piney Woods, alot of the teams do well in track... Cuero always does well in track. You don't need a huge offensive line to be good and our team gets stronger by the quarter. That's ok, I hope we keep getting underestimated, but this may be the best QB and RB you will have faced.

DaHop72
11-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Seems like lots of Wylie fans pulling for the gobblers................I think there is a reason for that:D
GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

I like 44 too, but I have a personalized Buckeye shirt. :D :D

And I don't like Gobbla2001's sig. :taunt: :taunt:

lostaussie
11-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72

I like 44 too, but I have a personalized Buckeye shirt. :D :D wear it down to Huntsville:D

DaHop72
11-30-2009, 04:09 PM
wear it down to Huntsville:D Dang skippy, if I could be there I would wear it for sure. :D

ccmom
11-30-2009, 04:09 PM

I like 44 too, but I have a personalized Buckeye shirt. :D :D

And I don't like Gobbla2001's sig. :taunt: :taunt:

You are such a t-shirt whore!

:eek:

:kiss:

HEMOTOXIC
11-30-2009, 04:10 PM

Don't get me wrong, this will be a great game. The Gobblers are very capable of winning this game.

Good Luck to both Teams!

DaHop72
11-30-2009, 04:13 PM
You are such a t-shirt whore!

:eek:

:kiss: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: But Gilmer was my first. :D :D

BuckeyeNut
11-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Cuero always does well in track. You don't need a huge offensive line to be good and our team gets stronger by the quarter. That's ok, I hope we keep getting underestimated, but this may be the best QB and RB you will have faced.

First of all we live in EAST TEXAS. This is going to be a great game this Saturday. This is going to give us a good chance to get the ball to, Gus "run all over you when ever i want to" Osborn and to Tristen "Dont Punt to Me or i will make you look dum" Holt. Since they did not get to play last week. Talk all you want but this game is going to see the Buckeyes put up 50+ but dont worry we will put your name on the BLACK FLAG with all the rest, so aleast your name goes to the state game. :D :D

underware
11-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Good luck to the Cuero Gobblers from Yoakum!!! Hope to read the good news in the Advocate!!!

44INAROW
11-30-2009, 04:18 PM
There sure is!!

I like "44inarow" better than you!! :taunt: :taunt:

:p

:p :p :p

GTownballer
11-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Cuero always does well in track. You don't need a huge offensive line to be good and our team gets stronger by the quarter. That's ok, I hope we keep getting underestimated, but this may be the best QB and RB you will have faced.

You could be right,,I quarantee your fixin to see the best defense you've seen all year, and the best QB and 4 of the best rb's you've seen, along with one of the best blocking o'line's you've seen...now see respect is one thing,, but good smack makes for a more suspensefull game... keep it com'n! :D

DaHop72
11-30-2009, 04:23 PM
:p :p :p :kiss: :kiss:

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 04:24 PM
First of all we live in EAST TEXAS. This is going to be a great game this Saturday. This is going to give us a good chance to get the ball to, Gus "run all over you when ever i want to" Osborn and to Tristen "Dont Punt to Me or i will make you look dum" Holt. Since they did not get to play last week. Talk all you want but this game is going to see the Buckeyes put up 50+ but dont worry we will put your name on the BLACK FLAG with all the rest, so aleast your name goes to the state game. :D :D

Liberty Hill's name was never on no black flag:taunt:

BuckeyeNut
11-30-2009, 04:27 PM

That bc we have only played one time bc aas you know we never lose to the same team 2 times in a row. So make the playoffs again and we can get it on there

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 04:28 PM
That bc we have only played one time bc aas you know we never lose to the same team 2 times in a row. So make the playoffs again and we can get it on there

Yeah, uhm LH doesn't need second chances.

38-13

12thMan
11-30-2009, 04:29 PM

Like I said, no doubt Gilmer has awesome play makers on their team. Us Cuero folks respect Gilmer and their talent.

I don't need to list the individual's from this team and tell you what they're going to do. We are a TEAM. We win as a TEAM, score as a TEAM, tackle as a TEAM. Come Saturday night, you will respect this TEAM.

BuckeyeNut
11-30-2009, 04:31 PM

38-13
Just try and make the playoffs next year and we will see

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Just try and make the playoffs next year and we will see

We didn't even have to make the playoffs this year to have more rings than you:D

BuckeyeNut
11-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Like I said, no doubt Gilmer has awesome play makers on their team. Us Cuero folks respect Gilmer and their talent. Come Saturday night, you will respect the Gobblers.

I don't need to list the individual's from this team and tell you what they're going to do. We are a TEAM. We win as a TEAM, score as a TEAM, tackle as a TEAM. Come Saturday night, you will respect this TEAM.

Well it is a TEAM sport and you have to play with 11. Come Saturday we will but are 11 on and you will put your 11 on and we will see. Respect is always given this game is going to be great.

BuckeyeNut
11-30-2009, 04:34 PM
We didn't even have to make the playoffs this year to have more rings than you:D

Ahh you had to go back to pull that one LOL:clap: :clap:

GTownballer
11-30-2009, 04:35 PM

Nor are they still playing football,, what's this 2 years in a row now..:doh:

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 04:36 PM
HAHA I'm just messing with you guys:p

Go Buckeyes AND Gobblers!

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Nor are they still playing football,, what's this 2 years in a row now..:doh:

2 years in a row what? We lost in the State-Semi's last year? Where were y'all? Oh yeah, home.

12thMan
11-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Well it is a TEAM sport and you have to play with 11. Come Saturday we will but are 11 on and you will put your 11 on and we will see. Respect is always given this game is going to be great.

Then give the respect and quite the trash talking!!

This will be a great game and it will be fun to watch to great TEAMS battle it out for the chance to play in the championship.

GTownballer
11-30-2009, 04:44 PM

38-13

It gives you something to talk about,,liv'n in the past,,that's terrible,,it's not what you done yesterday, it's what you've done today,,and let me see, can't find any playoff results on LH for what,,, oh my goodness, it's 2 years now...:D

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 04:44 PM

This will be a great game and it will be fun to watch to great TEAMS battle it out for the chance to play in the championship.

I think your keyboard is messed up. Every time you try to type teams it's in all caps. You should look into that.

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 04:45 PM
It gives you something to talk about,,liv'n in the past,,that's terrible,,it's not what you done yesterday, it's have you done today,,and let me see, can't find any playoff results on LH for what,,, oh my goodness, it's 2 years now...:D

... LH PLAYED LONGER THAN GILMER DID LAST YEAR.

GreenMachine
11-30-2009, 04:45 PM
You could be right,,I quarantee your fixin to see the best defense you've seen all year, and the best QB and 4 of the best rb's you've seen, along with one of the best blocking o'line's you've seen...now see respect is one thing,, but good smack makes for a more suspensefull game... keep it com'n! :D No where in my post was there smack talk, BUT it's not smack talk if it's true.

12thMan
11-30-2009, 04:49 PM
I think your keyboard is messed up. Every time you try to type teams it's in all caps. You should look into that.

Just making a statement.

DaHop72
11-30-2009, 04:50 PM
... LH PLAYED LONGER THAN GILMER DID LAST YEAR. OMG, it's catching!!:devil: :devil:

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 04:51 PM
OMG, it's catching!!:devil: :devil:

:D :devil:

BuckeyeNut
11-30-2009, 04:53 PM

Never have I talked tash on this site never. Its all typing:D :D Really no trash this Gilmer team has played week in and week out with that big #1 on there back it has been hard living up to the hype. They go and play every game every week like they are playing the best team in the state and I think that is how they are winning.

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

garciap77
11-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Who is LH?????:D

;)

pirate4state
11-30-2009, 04:54 PM

This will be a great game and it will be fun to watch to great TEAMS battle it out for the chance to play in the championship. Oh my sweet Jesus!

If you can't handle a little trash talking, what on earth are you doing on this board?!?

C'mon man...we have 5 days until kick off....gotta have a little fun.

Daddy D 11 - the new Casey? :doh: Lord, help us!

GTownballer
11-30-2009, 04:54 PM
... LH PLAYED LONGER THAN GILMER DID LAST YEAR.

I stand corrected, was thinking of someone else,, but does'nt still take away from the fact,,your quote'n the past,,good luck in basketball though..

headhunter
11-30-2009, 04:55 PM
How big is Gilmers defensive and offensive lines?

Cuero's is relatively small compared to years past but they probably still avg about 250 across the line.

44INAROW
11-30-2009, 04:57 PM

bite your tounge :D

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 04:57 PM
I stand corrected, was thinking of someone else,, but does'nt still take away from the fact,,your quote'n the past,,good luck in basketball though..

Both of basketball teams are playing right now, so good luck to yours too!:)

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 04:59 PM

LOL. Hey, this is what happens when LH doesn't make the playoffs. I gotta entertain myself somehow!:D

waterboy
11-30-2009, 05:01 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Gilmer O-line averages about 5'2" and about 140 lbs. soaking wet!:eek:

Bwahahahahaha.......:D

GTownballer
11-30-2009, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Both of basketball teams are playing right now, so good luck to yours too!:) [/QUOTE

Thanks, not a big basketball fan though, especially when WE are still playing football!

12thMan
11-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Oh my sweet Jesus!

If you can't handle a little trash talking, what on earth are you doing on this board?!?

C'mon man...we have 5 days until kick off....gotta have a little fun.

Guess your right! Just a little sick of teams up north thinking they can run all over teams south of I10. That's all.

GTownballer
11-30-2009, 05:08 PM
LOL. Hey, this is what happens when LH doesn't make the playoffs. I gotta entertain myself somehow!:D

:doh:

rojosgirl
11-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Well, looks like the smack has come out now. Gonna be a L-O-N-G week!

GO GOBBLERS!

:1popcorn:

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
Well, looks like the smack has come out now. Gonna be a L-O-N-G week!

GO GOBBLERS!

:1popcorn:

Yeah, these guys just needed a nudge!! That's what I am here for:D

lostaussie
11-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah, these guys just needed a nudge!! That's what I am here for:D mission accomplished:thumbsup:

Daddy D 11
11-30-2009, 05:21 PM
mission accomplished:thumbsup:

LOL I can't tell if this is sarcasm. Or an invite to get the hell off this thread. Or a legitimate congrats.Or just something else.

29-3aFAN
11-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Cuero 47-42 GO MEAN GREEN

MUSTANG69
11-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Congrats to Cuero for a great game from an Ingleside fan. Hope you are able to take Region IV to the State Championship. Need to shore up the D against the big pass play to do that. Not criticism. Just a chink in the armor that I saw in the game against Ingleside. Hope Cuero goes all the way.

44INAROW
11-30-2009, 05:33 PM
wish I could play with you guys/gals more today - I'm dealing with auditors today and tomorrow ... I should be here Weds with "bells on"

GO MEAN GREEN ;)

lostaussie
11-30-2009, 05:52 PM
LOL I can't tell if this is sarcasm. Or an invite to get the hell off this thread. Or a legitimate congrats.Or just something else. oh, I'm all good..............just taking in the scenery:D

lostaussie
11-30-2009, 05:53 PM
wish I could play with you guys/gals more today - I'm dealing with auditors today and tomorrow ... I should be here Weds with "bells on"

GO MEAN GREEN ;) I'll brake up the figh...............I mean moderate for you:D

44INAROW
11-30-2009, 05:55 PM
I'll brake up the figh...............I mean moderate for you:D

just take names and we'll figure out how to moderate later :p

Gobbla2001
11-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Did some line-drawin' on a blank-Texas map earlier, from what I remember of Gilmer's location, East Texas looks about right...

What I did notice is that the area everyone refers to as Southeast Texas seems to be a part of East Texas as well... the way I drew it out, Southeast Texas starts below I-10, and a lot of what people call West Texas could just as easily be Central :thinking:

that's why we need an expert ha...

as for the trash talking, what's it good for? I'll just say don't bother leaving any room on that Black Flag for Cuero... the last name has been written... :p

TOPS1435
11-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Both of basketball teams are playing right now, so good luck to yours too!:)

The only ones thumping basketballs in Gilmer are the girls. The boys and their coaches are all working on how to beat the Gobblers.

IHStangFan
11-30-2009, 07:59 PM
just stopped in to say.....GO GOBBLERS!!!

Sundance
11-30-2009, 09:14 PM
This was a post on another threads gets a thumbs up from me

WOS87
3ADL Hall of Fame

Member #: 5269

UPDATE: The history has been updated through today. Cuero is one of only 12 teams in 3A still alive in the playoffs and the history will be updated again at the end of the season.

As of this week they have tied Brownwood in all-time wins with 645 to share the lead for most wins of any current 3A program in 11-man UIL football

Congrats!

TOPS1435
11-30-2009, 09:48 PM
What I did notice is that the area everyone refers to as Southeast Texas seems to be a part of East Texas as well... the way I drew it out, Southeast Texas starts below I-10....

When some of the old timers were in school, the Texas history books in the 7th grade made a distinction between the Piney Woods of Texas and the coastal prairie. The Piney Woods in those maps started at Texarkana, took a diagonal toward the Athens area and then dropped south. Huntsville and Conroe and maybe Humble were looked at as the southern boundary of the natural forest, and the coastal prairie took over from those cities to the shore line of the Gulf. Much of what today passes as north Houston, especially around George Bush International and Alief was all dairy farms.

Within East Texas, many of us consider there are two major sub-divisions: Northeast Texas and Deep East Texas with Lufkin being the border city. To this writer, Southeast = Deep East.

Today the East Texas Chamber of Commerce claims everything east of I-35.

Gobbla2001
11-30-2009, 09:50 PM
When some of the old timers were in school, the Texas history books in the 7th grade made a distinction between the Piney Woods of Texas and the coastal prairie. The Piney Woods in those maps started at Texarkana, took a diagonal toward the Athens area and then dropped south. Huntsville and Conroe and maybe Humble were looked at as the southern boundary of the natural forest, and the coastal prairie took over from those cities to the shore line of the Gulf. Much of what today passes as north Houston, especially around George Bush International and Alief was all dairy farms.

Within East Texas, many of us consider there are two major sub-divisions: Northeast Texas and Deep East Texas with Lufkin being the border city. To this writer, Southeast = Deep East.

Today the East Texas Chamber of Commerce claims everything east of I-35.

hmmm, cool... I like "Deep East"...

sinton66
11-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Cuero by two tds.

BuckeyeNut
11-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Cuero by two tds.

After watching films tonight I dont see Cuero getting two TD's until the 4th with the Bucks JV in the game. :D :D

To slow on both sides of the ball :doh: :doh:

Get ready for East Texas Gilmer Buckeyes:clap: :clap:

Blue42
11-30-2009, 11:22 PM
After watching films tonight I dont see Cuero getting two TD's until the 4th with the Bucks JV in the game. :D :D

I think the piney woods has skewed your vision and sense of reality;)

CueroDad08
11-30-2009, 11:58 PM

Cool, So when we beat your ass............Then will you come back on here?

Mean Green Fan
12-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Cuero by 2 TD's

GOOOOO MEAAAAN GREEEEEEN!!!

BIRD IS THE WORD!!!:clap: :clap:

CueroDad08
12-01-2009, 12:24 AM

Sounds like you want to get in real bad in the 4th........what do the starters think?

Blue42
12-01-2009, 02:45 AM
Thibodeaux sayes
Laissez les bon temps rouler! (Pronounced lay-say lay bon ton roulay)Gobblers
Let the good times roll Gobblers

easttexas3a
12-01-2009, 03:12 AM
Any news on the status of Tristan Holt, Gus Osborne, Vance Grean yet?

IHStangFan
12-01-2009, 03:50 AM
It is looking like I may have to work this weekend :(

If nothing else...I'll listen online like I've done all season long.

:(