PDA

View Full Version : Rodney "rocket"

marler1972
11-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Good season congrats what happen message me. Oh I will do this for my other Celina peeps welcome to thump thump roundball baby.

turbostud
11-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
Good season congrats what happen message me. Oh I will do this for my other Celina peeps welcome to thump thump roundball baby.

:D

bobcat4life
11-27-2009, 06:08 PM
thump thump :D

Snydertigersrul
11-27-2009, 07:45 PM
So Rocket, 3A has been a little tougher than you expected, no state championships yet.

BleedOrange
11-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Hey Rocket as I said before Celina will be waiting for Brownwood long before Brownwood is waiting for Celina. THUMP THUMP THUMP. Dont get excited about the thumps Rocket I am talking about basketball.

turbostud
11-27-2009, 08:21 PM
I was gonna have some fun and go back and pull up some of Rockets ridiculous posts to rub them in his face, but there is so many that its pointless.

Ranger Mom
11-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I was gonna have some fun and go back and pull up some of Rockets ridiculous posts to rub them in his face, but there is so many that its pointless.

I tried that last year....it didn't work!!:D

He had an answer for EVERYTHING!!!:doh:

bobcat4life
11-27-2009, 08:24 PM
hey rocket wanna play some basketball monday?

turbostud
11-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I tried that last year....it didn't work!!:D

He had an answer for EVERYTHING!!!:doh:

You mean he had an excuse for EVERYTHING!!!

LE Dad
11-27-2009, 08:48 PM
You mean he had an excuse for EVERYTHING!!! LOL:doh: Even his congratulatory post had an excuse.:D

Rocket being Rocket:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Early season Round ball tourneys anyone :confused: :confused:

:cool:

orange machine
11-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Another year passes without a Brownwood state title in football. Hey Rocket and Beast maybe yall can win a title in UIL current events.:clap:

CHS_89
11-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
hey rocket wanna play some basketball monday?

That's just wrong. However, watch out. Beast might play center and they might be actually able to win :D

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
How bad does is suck to lose to a team we beat? :thinking:
Hmmmm...guess he didn't like the question! Or maybe it was the answer..... :devil:

LE Dad
11-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Hmmmm...guess he didn't like the question! Or maybe it was the answer..... :devil: LOL I think "Rocket Theory" is in full effect.:D

Eagle 1
11-28-2009, 11:38 AM
How bad does is suck to lose to a team we beat?

OUCH!

grahampaw
11-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Cant kick a man when he's down..........but we are talking about Rocket......... so who's playing air next week buddy..........whats the difference in Brownwood and Breckenridge?Nothing now!!!!!!!............If you would have kept that Wylie shirt on you could still see your team play next week.........Look at the bright side, pleanty of time for Christmas shopping..........Look at the money you will save not having to buy gas to your next game........this could go on a while, kinda like the GRAHAM STEERS!!!!!!!!...........I apoligize to all Brownwood fans that read this.........but to Rocket I say:kiss:

wimbo_pro
11-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Anyone remember Rocket's post two weeks ago after the Glen Rose/Wimberley game?

"FYI:

Most forms of football have a move known as a tackle. The primary purposes of tackling is to disposses an opponent of the ball, to stop the player from gaining ground towards goal or to stop them from carrying out what they intend.

The word is used in some contact variations of football to describe the act of physically holding or wrestling a player to the ground. In others, it simply describes one or more methods of contesting for possession of the ball. It can therefore be used as both a defensive or attacking move."

It says it all right there.

DaHop72
11-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

"FYI:

Most forms of football have a move known as a tackle. The primary purposes of tackling is to disposses an opponent of the ball, to stop the player from gaining ground towards goal or to stop them from carrying out what they intend.

The word is used in some contact variations of football to describe the act of physically holding or wrestling a player to the ground. In others, it simply describes one or more methods of contesting for possession of the ball. It can therefore be used as both a defensive or attacking move."

It says it all right there. SHUT UP WIMPY!!!!!:D :D

marler1972
11-28-2009, 12:41 PM
where is the ole rocket. i would stay away too if i talked so much crap and well brownwood did not back him up.

Inmateboss
11-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Rocket and Beast, hate that were not going to get that rematch,would have been fun!!!I do love the way ya'll support your team, endlessly and with true passion!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
keep up the good work and even though ya'll beat us we still have some room on our bandwagon, if you want to ride??? If not it's cool, we'll see ya next year. Hang tough guys it's all good!!!!

bwdlionfan
11-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
we still have some room on our bandwagon, if you want to ride???

Go Steers!

Rocket
11-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Cant kick a man when he's down..........but we are talking about Rocket......... so who's playing air next week buddy..........whats the difference in Brownwood and Breckenridge?Nothing now!!!!!!!............If you would have kept that Wylie shirt on you could still see your team play next week.........Look at the bright side, pleanty of time for Christmas shopping..........Look at the money you will save not having to buy gas to your next game........this could go on a while, kinda like the GRAHAM STEERS!!!!!!!!...........I apoligize to all Brownwood fans that read this.........but to Rocket I say:kiss:

LOL Congrats Graham. You will have no problem killing Wimberley. Brownwood beat Brownwood.

I think having all underclassmen hurt us. I also think we learned what it will take mentally to get it done next season. This year was about paybacks in district, next year it will be about paybacks in the playoffs.

Enjoy this season Graham, your done after this.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
where is the ole rocket. i would stay away too if i talked so much crap and well brownwood did not back him up.

I'm here!

I will give you a breakdown as to what happened.

We didn't play good enough to win. Either did Wimberley, but they got the win. We just played a little worse.

Oh and the QB #10 really shined for Wimberley after the game expired. You guys must be proud. LOL

Y'all have the advantage on us in basketball since you were bouncing them a week earlier and all.

Graham will utterly annihilate Wimberley. Graham plays the run well and McCoy will pick them apart, Save your gas money Wimberley.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
So Rocket, 3A has been a little tougher than you expected, no state championships yet.

No state championships ever for Snyder.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Hmmmm...guess he didn't like the question! Or maybe it was the answer..... :devil:

No doubt who the better team was. Just didn't do the small things and it got us beat. The funny thing is, with all the mistakes we made, we were still in the game til the end.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Rocket and Beast, hate that were not going to get that rematch,would have been fun!!!I do love the way ya'll support your team, endlessly and with true passion!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
keep up the good work and even though ya'll beat us we still have some room on our bandwagon, if you want to ride??? If not it's cool, we'll see ya next year. Hang tough guys it's all good!!!!

It's all good! Good luck to Graham. You will destroy Wimberley. There will be alot of "How did this team beat Brownwood?" asked in the stands on the Graham side next week. The answer is simple, we gift wrapped it and gave it away.

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
No doubt who the better team was. Just didn't do the small things and it got us beat. The funny thing is, with all the mistakes we made, we were still in the game til the end.

BWood fans are turning into Celina fans that I referenced on another post

BWood NEVER loses..they wither beat themself or the refs screwed em. Sad

pirate4state
11-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

BWood NEVER loses..they either beat themself or the refs screwed em. Sad

:eek: :D :clap: :eek: :D :clap:

BwdLion73
11-28-2009, 03:42 PM

We can't help it ...thats just the way is is..."wither" you like it or not.

:D :D

ctown
11-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Now you're three and free. Those Wimberly guys were 6-4 regular season. Looks like Bwood would not make the playoffs in that district. THUMPED and thump thump to bwood. Too bad y'all missed those black Friday sales with nothing to show for it but a box of sour apples.

garciap77
11-28-2009, 03:48 PM

:tisk:

wimbo_pro
11-28-2009, 03:50 PM
It's all good! Good luck to Graham. You will destroy Wimberley. There will be alot of "How did this team beat Brownwood?" asked in the stands on the Graham side next week. The answer is simple, we gift wrapped it and gave it away.

He's right. We got nothing. Had BW not totally given up and collapsed like popped balloon, we would have lost...and lost bad. Thank you BW for giving it to us. We certainly didnt deserve it. You are a giving and considerate team. Thank you.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2009, 03:54 PM
He's right. We got nothing. Had BW not totally given up and collapsed like popped balloon, we would have lost...and lost bad. Thank you BW for giving it to us. We certainly didnt deserve it. You are a giving and considerate team. Thank you.
At least you're man enough to admit it! I mean, seriously! How else did you manage that feat when you lost to the likes of poor little LH? :p

wimbo_pro
11-28-2009, 03:54 PM

Oh and the QB #10 really shined for Wimberley after the game expired. You guys must be proud. LOL

Any one know what this bitter comment is about?

wimbo_pro
11-28-2009, 03:55 PM
At least you're man enough to admit it! I mean, seriously! How else did you manage that feat when you lost to the likes of poor little LH? :p

I know, right???

ctown
11-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
We can't help it ...thats just the way is is..."wither" you like it or not.

:D :D

A philosophical question. Since no one beats Brownwood but Bad Brownwood, when you guys look in the mirror, do y'all see winners or loosers. It has to be hard to be your own worst rival.

BwdLion73
11-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by ctown
A philosophical question. Since no one beats Brownwood but Bad Brownwood, when you guys look in the mirror, do y'all see winners or loosers. It has to be hard to be your own worst rival.

Now don't go getting philosophical on me. If we beat ourselfs we just look in the mirror and realiez we been beat by the best!

:cool: :D

Pick6
11-28-2009, 07:28 PM
There will be alot of "How did this team beat Brownwood?" asked in the stands on the Graham side next week.

The answer is simple, Brownwood was overrated again this year.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Any one know what this bitter comment is about?

When the game was over, your QB held a finger up (hope it as the index) at the Brownwood crowd for about 20 seconds. I guess he was upset that we actually had a crowd show up and y'all didn't. I don't know.

;)

Rocket
11-28-2009, 07:45 PM
How come you admins disabled my edit abilities on my own posts? That's weird.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 07:48 PM

Well you didn't see the Brownwood team we have seen all season. We will see what happens when Wimberley plays Graham.

1. You beat us without Longoria.
2. We fumbled the ball twice for turnovers that was all our doing.

Yes. This was the difference in the game. Did Wimberley win? Yes. Did you deserve it? Yes. Good job.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 07:51 PM
For the record, if you name a thread after me and then get on here and call me out, I am not going to disappoint ya. I will give you plenty of excuses and BS. That is what I do, baby!! LOL

Rocket
11-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
LOL:doh: Even his congratulatory post had an excuse.:D

Rocket being Rocket:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Early season Round ball tourneys anyone :confused: :confused:

:cool:

Not as early as LE had they actually had to earn a 2nd Round game. :rolleyes:

Rocket
11-28-2009, 07:53 PM

"FYI:

Yup. I agree with this. LOL

It says it all right there.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
Hey Rocket as I said before Celina will be waiting for Brownwood long before Brownwood is waiting for Celina. THUMP THUMP THUMP. Dont get excited about the thumps Rocket I am talking about basketball.

You mean you waited a week on the gym floor?

Rocket
11-28-2009, 07:56 PM

We lost, but I will never admit that Wimberley was the better team. No way. And if you weren't there, shut up.

LE Dad
11-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Not as early as LE had they actually had to earn a 2nd Round game. :rolleyes: Go complain to UIL. I would much rather see them play every week.:D

Rocket
11-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by ctown
Now you're three and free. Those Wimberly guys were 6-4 regular season. Looks like Bwood would not make the playoffs in that district. THUMPED and thump thump to bwood. Too bad y'all missed those black Friday sales with nothing to show for it but a box of sour apples.

Anybody that quotes a record to measure a team's worth 3 rounds deep in the playoffs is an idiot. it's all about momentum and winning and getting better. Brownwood didn't improve, they played worse. Game over.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 08:16 PM
I told Wimbo in PM that we would have to come ready to play this week and that we didn't think Wimberley would be a pushover. Well, we didn't come ready to play and it cost us.

Brownwood is gonna be good and I say, Mission Accomplshed for this season. Most of these players have not seen success because of Brownwood being down in recent years, and getting this far was an accomplishment for a new staff and a young team. I could not be more proud of the 2009 Brownwood Lions and the entertainment they gave us as well as the winning and fighting hard. All it does is make me excited about next season and the possibilities.

The playoffs are not about being the best team in the state, they are about winning games, no matter how ugly or how it gets done, just win.

WOS87
11-28-2009, 08:16 PM
You are VERY good at taking up for yourself but just wanted you to know...

I still love ya Rocket!

;)

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2009, 08:17 PM
We lost, but I will never admit that Wimberley was the better team. No way. And if you weren't there, shut up.

WOW shut up...Sad that your so whiny about the loss you need to tell someone to shut up

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2009, 08:22 PM
The playoffs are not about being the best team in the state, they are about winning games, no matter how ugly or how it gets done, just win.

If you're a "better team" but don't win, does it really matter how "good" you are? :doh: :doh: :doh:

wimbo_pro
11-28-2009, 10:25 PM
When the game was over, your QB held a finger up (hope it as the index) at the Brownwood crowd for about 20 seconds. I guess he was upset that we actually had a crowd show up and y'all didn't. I don't know.

;)

Are you accusing him of shooting the bird at the BW crowd?? If so, just say it. If true, I would be very, very disappointed. i can also tell you if its true, he will be in a LOAD of trouble from not only the school, but from his parents.

So, please clear this up for us. Are you saying our QB shot the bird at the crowd after the game??????

Emerson1
11-28-2009, 10:39 PM
I WAS there.

Both teams were average at best. Brownwood's defense was terrible and let #5 do whatever he wanted. They looked to scared to hit to me. Take away Shipley and there goes what little offense you had. Bwood has to use move in talent to at least almost win I guess.

Eagle 1
11-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I WAS there.

Both teams were average at best. Brownwood's defense was terrible and let #5 do whatever he wanted. They looked to scared to hit to me. Take away Shipley and there goes what little offense you had. Bwood has to use move in talent to at least almost win I guess.

Which side did you sit on? I was at the game and I would have allowed you the opportunity to talk some smack in person.

Langoria, (sp?) on Brownwoods team was hurt, so I do have to take up for the Lions. Shipley wasn't the only playmaker on the offense. Ratliff is a solid running back, just not real fast.

Brownwood's defense scared to hit? THATS BS.
They were out of alignment, especially in the secondary, but the linebackers put #5 on the ground most of the day.
The only time he got lose was when Brownwood's defensive ends let him outside.
The defensive ends have to step up and take on the lead blocker and turn him back inside, which they didn't.

I was on the Brownwood side and didnt see Wimberly's qb flipping off any of the Brownwood fans.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Which side did you sit on? I was at the game and I would have allowed you the opportunity to talk some smack in person.

Langoria, (sp?) on Brownwoods team was hurt, so I do have to take up for the Lions. Shipley wasn't the only playmaker on the offense. Ratliff is a solid running back, just not real fast.

They were out of alignment, especially in the secondary, but the linebackers put #5 on the ground most of the day.
The defensive ends have to step up and take on the lead blocker and turn him back inside, which they didn't.

I was on the Brownwood side and didnt see Wimberly's qb flipping off any of the Brownwood fans.

He didn't flip us off. I said I hope that was the index finger. either way, he made sure we knew they won and rubbed it in our face. The QB played a great game, just sad to see it got the best of him.

On the other hand, I am not a poster child for good sportsmanship. HAHA

Rocket
11-28-2009, 11:11 PM

Thanks. Longoria is the backbone of our team. He makes tons of tackles and he is usually Ratliff's lead blocker. It def hurt us not having him. He also shines on kickoffs.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 11:13 PM
If you're a "better team" but don't win, does it really matter how "good" you are? :doh: :doh: :doh:

We won alot more than your team did this season. ;)

wimbo_pro
11-28-2009, 11:14 PM

Yeah, it sounded like BW hit awfully hard, and nailed #5 (smith) pretty good many times. But I think its safe to say that he got the better of the collisions, being able to run outside and beat them that way. Thats a sign of good play calling and a durable running back. Lets give credit where its due.

Thanks for your comment about the QB.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
You are VERY good at taking up for yourself but just wanted you to know...

I still love ya Rocket!

;)

haha I love you too, man!

Rocket
11-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Yeah, it sounded like BW hit awfully hard, and nailed #5 (smith) pretty good many times. But I think its safe to say that he got the better of the collisions, being able to run outside and beat them that way. Thats a sign of good play calling and a durable running back. Lets give credit where its due.

Thanks for your comment about the QB.

#5 is a hoss. He didn't get much up the middle. After halftime they started running him off tackle and outside, which did some good. he got some good gains when you guys needed them. He is def a playmaker.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 11:17 PM
I WAS there.

Wow..you missed a good game.

Rocket
11-28-2009, 11:20 PM
WOW shut up...Sad that your so whiny about the loss you need to tell someone to shut up

Yup, shut up.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2009, 11:24 PM
He didn't flip us off. I said I hope that was the index finger. either way, he made sure we knew they won and rubbed it in our face. The QB played a great game, just sad to see it got the best of him.

Good. So I guess we can take it he was holding up a "we are #1" finger while looking at the opposing team. Hmmmm...I dunno...doesnt sound like an indictable offense.

Eagle 1
11-28-2009, 11:27 PM

Look up the word insinuation in the dictionary and tell me what it says.

Maybe he was just waving good bye. :wave:

Rocket
11-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Good. So I guess we can take it he was holding up a "we are #1" finger while looking at the opposing team. Hmmmm...I dunno...doesnt sound like an indictable offense.

It wasn't too bad the first 5 seconds.

IHStangFan
11-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Ignore them Rocket......

Go ahead and make your prediction for next year!!

BW in the title game in '2010-2011???

Rocket
11-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Ignore them Rocket......

Go ahead and make your prediction for next year!!

BW in the title game in '2010-2011???

I'm from Brownwood. Of course we are going to win it all next season!

IHStangFan
11-28-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm from Brownwood. Of course we are going to win it all next season! :clap: Give'em hell Rocket!!

wimbo_pro
11-28-2009, 11:39 PM
It wasn't too bad the first 5 seconds.

No offense, Rocket. but the kids DO read this board. And its within the realm of possibility that he was indeed shooting the bird....at YOU personally. I'm just saying....

IHStangFan
11-28-2009, 11:40 PM
No offense, Rocket. but the kids DO read this board. And its within the realm of possibility that he was indeed shooting the bird....at YOU personally. I'm just saying.... you hear that Rocket....you're FAMOUS man!! :D

OldBison75
11-28-2009, 11:47 PM
A few short weeks ago, Rocket was defending the refs for not calling a foul on a blocked extra point in the Graham game. The only time all year the refs made a correct call in his opinion.

Guys, understand the Rocket is an entity unto himself and as such has the right to adopt rules, laws and ordinances to make him feel safe and happy. There is nothing you can say and nothing that will ever stop him from being Rocket. The more you rant with and at him, the happier he is. Face it, much like a 7 year old, Why? and 'cause are the primary words in his vocabulary and no answer except agreeing with him is acceptable.

As for the reported finger incident, I saw about a hundred times this year that another team held up one finger toward our team and, dammit, they believed they were number 1. I just waved and thanked God that the kid was pointing toward heaven and thanking God for his athletic ability and good luck.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

As for the reported finger incident, I saw about a hundred times this year that another team held up one finger toward our team and, dammit, they believed they were number 1. I just waved and thanked God that the kid was pointing toward heaven and thanking God for his athletic ability and good luck.

But he apparently held it for 20 seconds. That seems to be the deciding factor for Rocket.

OldBison75
11-28-2009, 11:53 PM
He must be an evangelical that has to pray for a long time for God to truly hear his words. Or maybe the line was busy and he was on hold!!!!!!!

turbostud
11-29-2009, 12:18 AM

:doh: :D

trusteer/trublu
11-29-2009, 12:25 AM
LOL Congrats Graham. You will have no problem killing Wimberley. Brownwood beat Brownwood.

I think having all underclassmen hurt us. I also think we learned what it will take mentally to get it done next season. This year was about paybacks in district, next year it will be about paybacks in the playoffs.

Enjoy this season Graham, your done after this. we will be done about like you are done...KEEP TALKIN SMACK, we all know u r harmless:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Yup, shut up.

you like to claim all these boasts and claims by you are "JUST IN FUN" But when someone responds in a way you dont like you or points out u was wrong, u get your pink and maroon panties in a wad.

So either continue to boasts your claims and big talk in fun and then take the responses to those attacks in fun or admit you get ur wittle feelings hurt and you cant handle it.

BTW what I said..JUST LIKE WHEN I SAID IT ABOUT CELINA was just to give u a hard time.

So dont take it personal and turn immature with 5 year old comments like shut up

44INAROW
11-29-2009, 12:28 AM

Believe it of not, the world does not revolve around you :) Several people are having problems with the edit feature and the problem has been reported to the proper person :p

grahampaw
11-29-2009, 12:55 AM
It wasn't too bad the first 5 seconds. If this was Jepordy the answer whould be............Things Rockets date says at the end of the night.:D :D :D ..............But to tell the truth reading your post have been a blast.You back down to nobody,and nobody gets over on you.We didnt get the rematch but Graham will do you proud next week.B-Wood pre-season #1 next year.

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2009, 08:20 AM
We won alot more than your team did this season. ;)
Okay, I figured most people already knew that. :confused: :confused: You still never really answered my question. :thinking: I guess I could use your logic - we beat Wimberley, who beat you. That, by default, makes us a better team than Brownwood, regardless of the score. :D Yep, I like it!

wimbo_pro
11-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Okay, I figured most people already knew that. :confused: :confused: You still never really answered my question. :thinking: I guess I could use your logic - we beat Wimberley, who beat you. That, by default, makes us a better team than Brownwood, regardless of the score. :D Yep, I like it!

Yes, LHPM. and since BW beat BW, and you beat Wimberley, and Wimberley beat BW...well then, that means...

BW is better than BW, since BW beat BW (as only BW can). But LH is nothing since LH beat Wimberley, who got in the middle of BW beating BW and made BW lose. And since we spoiled BW's chance of beating BW alone by winning against BW, and you beat us...then LH, by default, is stopped BW from winning by losing.

Got it?

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Yes, LHPM. and since BW beat BW, and you beat Wimberley, and Wimberley beat BW...well then, that means...

BW is better than BW, since BW beat BW (as only BW can). But LH is nothing since LH beat Wimberley, who got in the middle of BW beating BW and made BW lose. And since we spoiled BW's chance of beating BW alone by winning against BW, and you beat us...then LH, by default, is stopped BW from winning by losing.

Got it?
It makes perfect sense to me! (And that is scary! :D )

LE Dad
11-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Face it, much like a 7 year old, Why? and 'cause are the primary words in his vocabulary and no answer except agreeing with him is acceptable. Rocket is NOT 7 :confused: :confused:

If you say so:doh:

:D

OldBison75
11-29-2009, 09:38 AM
yeah, LE he ain't 7--but you are how you act. I don't think I am ugly, but alot of people call me that. That's okay. I can take it and $ add a 1.25 and still get a good cup of coffee.

Rocket reminds me of my kids growing up and saying "You never let me do anything. Billy's momma lets him go out to the strip clubs , but you won't let me. You're ruining my life." It does not make any difference how right anybody is about thier opinions, Rocket will take the opposite approach and justify his position with the same logic parents use--"Because I said so!"

wimbo_pro
11-29-2009, 09:40 AM
yeah, LE he ain't 7--but you are how you act. I don't think I am ugly, but alot of people call me that. That's okay. I can take it and $ add a 1.25 and still get a good cup of coffee.

Rocket reminds me of my kids growing up and saying "You never let me do anything. Billy's momma lets him go out to the strip clubs , but you won't let me. You're ruining my life." It does not make any difference how right anybody is about thier opinions, Rocket will take the opposite approach and justify his position with the same logic parents use--"Because I said so!"

And then Beast will swear to it!!! LOL

LE Dad
11-29-2009, 09:53 AM

Rocket reminds me of my kids growing up and saying "You never let me do anything. Billy's momma lets him go out to the strip clubs , but you won't let me. You're ruining my life." It does not make any difference how right anybody is about thier opinions, Rocket will take the opposite approach and justify his position with the same logic parents use--"Because I said so!" LOL Gotcha!! "My dad is better than your dad" guy:p

Rocket
11-29-2009, 09:55 AM

When Graham beats Wimberley, we will be back to square one.

How about this one. Brownwood beat Graham, Graham beat Wylie so Brownwood is better than Wylie? LHPM, I know you are messing around, but you have to go with the heads up, proxy doesn't hold water in these scenarios.

LE Dad
11-29-2009, 09:55 AM
And then Beast will swear to it!!! LOL ...and I guess Beast is not 6:confused: :confused:LOL

OldBison75
11-29-2009, 09:59 AM
How about this--Wylie beats Brownwood, Brownwood beats Graham, Graham beats Wylie. Brownwood loses to Wimberley. Wylie and Graham are still playing--Brownwood is really the third best team in the district based on results. NUFF SAID!

Rocket
11-29-2009, 10:04 AM

I will state my opinion and that's my right. You people will argue it til you are blue in the face, and I'm always gonna be right because it's my opinion. Don't you see? It's simple. It's my right to have my opinion, therefore I am always right.

wimbo_pro
11-29-2009, 10:06 AM

How about this one. Brownwood beat Graham, Graham beat Wylie so Brownwood is better than Wylie? LHPM, I know you are messing around, but you have to go with the heads up, proxy doesn't hold water in these scenarios.

All jokes aside, Rocket...Graham very well may beat us....they have some serious talent I am told, and they seem to be on a roll. But as I said weeks ago, once you are in the play offs, there are only two type of teams...those who end their season with a loss, and the one who didnt.

LE Dad
11-29-2009, 10:09 AM
How about this--Wylie beats Brownwood, Brownwood beats Graham, Graham beats Wylie. Brownwood loses to Wimberley. Wylie and Graham are still playing--Brownwood is really the third best team in the district based on results. NUFF SAID! Makes sense:D

OldBison75
11-29-2009, 10:10 AM
And that is what I love about you Rocket. You will state your opinion and don't give a crap about how everyone else takes it. Just remember, some of us like to be right sometimes too. Just think, next year will be here before you know it, and Brownwood will again be a highly rated team, maybe even number one. If you think people are on your butt now, wait till it ain't only this weeks opponent on your tail, but everyone wants to see you knocked off. I bet you will be the butt of more jokes than any politician. Now there is a thought--Rocket for Governor. I bet that the town hall meetings and debates would be interesting. Hell, I would vote for him -- at least he says what he really believe and won't back down.

wimbo_pro
11-29-2009, 10:13 AM
How about this--Wylie beats Brownwood, Brownwood beats Graham, Graham beats Wylie. Brownwood loses to Wimberley. Wylie and Graham are still playing--Brownwood is really the third best team in the district based on results. NUFF SAID!

OldBison...Wylie didnt beat Brownwood....Brownwood did. And Wimberley didnt beat Brownwood....Brownwood did. Therefore, Brownwood is the best and the worst team in the district. Get with the program!!!!

TheDOCTORdre
11-29-2009, 10:16 AM
OldBison...Wylie didnt beat Brownwood....Brownwood did. And Wimberley didnt beat Brownwood....Brownwood did. Therefore, Brownwood is the best and the worst team in the district. Get with the program!!!!

Brownwood is the worst team in the district??? what about Sweetwater :D

Rocket
11-29-2009, 10:23 AM
All jokes aside, Rocket...Graham very well may beat us....they have some serious talent I am told, and they seem to be on a roll. But as I said weeks ago, once you are in the play offs, there are only two type of teams...those who end their season with a loss, and the one who didnt.

Graham is an offensive juggernaut. They won't play pattycakes with you like we did. They will put you in a hole early and then your #10 will be throwing up his hail mary's for all to catch. If you don't get on Graham early, it will be over early. #5 won't be of much help when you are down by 21. So score early and often if you want even a chance to win this one. If not, then good season, Wimberley. Either way, you lived to play another day, and that is something to be applauded.

Emerson1
11-29-2009, 10:23 AM

I was on the Wimberly side.

I don't know anything about who was injured, but on Friday Shipley was the only one making huge plays. Shipley has 159 yards and was making miracle catches like his big bro, the rest of the team had 182

All the big hits I saw came from Wimberly. On offense and defense, #5 was trucking people all game

RB #5 had 183 yards on 25 carries, ya Brownwood really shut him down.

Wow..you missed a good game.
I saw a great game between two average football teams

Rocket
11-29-2009, 10:27 AM
I was on the Wimberly side.

I don't know anything about who was injured, but on Friday Shipley was the only one making huge plays. Shipley has 159 yards and was making miracle catches like his big bro, the rest of the team had 182

All the big hits I saw came from Wimberly. On offense and defense, #5 was trucking people all game

RB #5 had 183 yards on 25 carries, ya Brownwood really shut him down.

I saw a great game between two average football teams

Longoria would have trucked #5. That is his specialty. He takes RB's out of the game. It would have been a much different game if Longoria would have been healthy.

OldBison75
11-29-2009, 10:30 AM
If "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

wimbo_pro
11-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Graham is an offensive juggernaut. They won't play pattycakes with you like we did. They will put you in a hole early and then your #10 will be throwing up his hail mary's for all to catch. If you don't get on Graham early, it will be over early. #5 won't be of much help when you are down by 21. So score early and often if you want even a chance to win this one. If not, then good season, Wimberley. Either way, you lived to play another day, and that is something to be applauded.

I can't disagree with your assessment...if we get far behind early (which we did most of the regular season), its over. I think this is true of most games this deep in the play offs. If we can keep it to no more than a 7 point deficit at half time (hopefully a 7 point lead), we can win this game.

Inmateboss
11-29-2009, 10:40 AM

Got it?

That does make sense, and with out a nice adult beverage. :D

LH_Tuff
11-29-2009, 10:46 AM

So, Wimberley must beat Wimberley?

Inmateboss
11-29-2009, 10:47 AM
And that is what I love about you Rocket. You will state your opinion and don't give a crap about how everyone else takes it. Just remember, some of us like to be right sometimes too. Just think, next year will be here before you know it, and Brownwood will again be a highly rated team, maybe even number one. If you think people are on your butt now, wait till it ain't only this weeks opponent on your tail, but everyone wants to see you knocked off. I bet you will be the butt of more jokes than any politician. Now there is a thought--Rocket for Governor. I bet that the town hall meetings and debates would be interesting. Hell, I would vote for him -- at least he says what he really believe and won't back down.

:clap: :iagree: :iagree:

wimbo_pro
11-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
So, Wimberley must beat Wimberley?

Is that even legal?

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2009, 11:03 AM

Ooooh, but what if Wimberley beats Graham? :1omg!: :1omg!: Does that accidentally make Wimberley better than Brownwood?

Proxy is better than we ended up. :p "IF" we had played everyone else like we played Wimberley, we'd still be playing. If ifs and buts.....

Inmateboss
11-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Ooooh, but what if Wimberley beats Graham? :1omg!: :1omg!: Does that accidentally make Wimberley better than Brownwood?

Proxy is better than we ended up. :p "IF" we had played everyone else like we played Wimberley, we'd still be playing. If ifs and buts.....

IF Graham beats Wimberley, does that mean that we OWN Brownwood by Proxy or just stright up????:confused: :confused:

Looking4number8
11-29-2009, 11:42 AM
IF Graham beats Wimberley, does that mean that we OWN Brownwood by Proxy or just stright up????:confused: :confused:

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_77551.jpg

Inmateboss
11-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_77551.jpg

OK, by proxy!!!! Thanks.:D

Looking4number8
11-29-2009, 11:48 AM
OK, by proxy!!!! Thanks.:D

Guess I can't argue with that.... Good luck this week, and the next and absoutly the next week!

Rocket
11-29-2009, 01:38 PM

WILL NOT HAPPEN.

lbjacj
11-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Longoria would have trucked #5. That is his specialty. He takes RB's out of the game. It would have been a much different game if Longoria would have been healthy.

Dennis(#5) took Longoria out early in the 1st qtr with an open field tackle to his hip! That is why he wasn't a factor.

Rocket
11-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Dennis(#5) took Longoria out early in the 1st qtr with an open field tackle to his hip! That is why he wasn't a factor.

He landed on his hip. LOL He didn't get hit in the hip or he would have turned differently in the air. Either way, it was a good play by #5.

wimbo_pro
11-29-2009, 02:42 PM
WILL NOT HAPPEN.

and we are supposed to listen to your opinion because.....?

Rocket
11-29-2009, 02:44 PM
and we are supposed to listen to your opinion because.....?

Because you can't ignore it! LOL

Eagle 1
11-29-2009, 02:49 PM

:clap: :D

wimbo_pro
11-29-2009, 03:50 PM

Can't ignore a canker sore either...

Rocket
11-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Can't ignore a canker sore either...

You would know.

Bullaholic
11-29-2009, 04:50 PM
O.k, Rocket....Who's going to win DI and DII and why?

Rocket
11-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
O.k, Rocket....Who's going to win DI and DII and why?

D1 Wylie - Defense wins championships.
D2 Graham - Cuz Region I is the strongest in the state.

LH_Tuff
11-29-2009, 05:09 PM
D1 Wylie - Defense wins championships.
D2 Graham - Cuz Region I is the strongest in the state.

Is that what daddy told you?

LE Dad
11-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Is that what daddy told you? I am sure he read it somewhere. Lol:D

Rocket
11-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Is that what daddy told you?

LOL nope.

95mustang
11-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj

It was not an open field tackle to the hip. His feet were taken out from under him and he landed wrong. It was an unfortunate event on a good play by Smith. You should not try to make things out that were not so. It was a good play and I for one am proud for the Smith kid. He played lights out against us. Both teams played with heart and there were many of us Brownwood fans applauding the Texans as they raised the trophy. They earned it and deserved nothing less than respect.

SteerS_2012
12-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Couldn't resist this....

"And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touchdown brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone!"

Rocket Man -- Elton John