PDA

View Full Version : fairfield vs newton

fhseagle
11-05-2003, 04:04 PM
If things keep going as they seem to be, fairfield and newton look like they will be locking up in the first week of the playoffs. i know alot of people seem to think that fairfield is as good as gone since losing back to back games, but i for one am not one of them. they are still as good as ever. what about newton? never seen them play...what do they look like on the field? does this look like a good matchup???

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-05-2003, 04:06 PM
uhh Newton still has to beat Diboll an we are evenly matched. Plus newton has lost there starting QB 'hear say' It all depends who wins this friday.

cunbed10
11-05-2003, 04:16 PM
fhseagle:
If things keep going as they seem to be, fairfield and newton look like they will be locking up in the first week of the playoffs. i know alot of people seem to think that fairfield is as good as gone since losing back to back games, but i for one am not one of them. they are still as good as ever. what about newton? never seen them play...what do they look like on the field? does this look like a good matchup???Newton is very similar to Marlin speed everywhere,so get ready to run, chase, and ride.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-05-2003, 04:37 PM
We been doing that all year thats why wev played some of the teams we have ie: Kilgore,Carthage..

St. Ivender
11-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
We been doing that all year thats why wev played some of the teams we have ie: Kilgore,Carthage..cunbed nailed it. Diboll will be doing more chasing than anything. Your kickoff return team hasn't had as much work since the Willis game.
Newton is strong.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-05-2003, 05:20 PM
I really dont get where you get your information from but our kicking game is fine with our kick booting it inside the 20 almost everytime an kicking it out of the endzone everytime just as well.

St. Ivender
11-05-2003, 05:22 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
I really dont get where you get your information from but our kicking game is fine with our kick booting it inside the 20 almost everytime an kicking it out of the endzone everytime just as well.What I mean is that Newton will score so often that your kickoff receiving team will have more reps than it has had since the Willis game.

spiveyrat
11-05-2003, 08:25 PM
fhseagle:
If things keep going as they seem to be, fairfield and newton look like they will be locking up in the first week of the playoffs. i know alot of people seem to think that fairfield is as good as gone since losing back to back games, but i for one am not one of them. they are still as good as ever. what about newton? never seen them play...what do they look like on the field? does this look like a good matchup???Putting the carraige before the horse, aren't we?

spiveyrat
11-05-2003, 08:26 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
Plus newton has lost there starting QB 'hear say' It all depends who wins this friday.Gonna help spread that rumor just a little further, huh? :rolleyes:

Backwoods
11-05-2003, 09:31 PM
First, there's one more game in district. Also, the #2 quarterback is just as good. Gives you a different look. Ask K-ville. :D

crimson blood
11-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
We been doing that all year thats why wev played some of the teams we have ie: Kilgore,Carthage.....and jasper :D :D

mistanice
11-05-2003, 11:49 PM
Our kickoff return has been doing alright, our kickoff team is pretty good as well. As long as Diboll's kicker keeps booting them into the endzone and inside the 5 yard line, we'll be alright. Both our kickers are foreigners. One's from mexico, and the backup, whose the extra pt. holder is from germany. The backup kicker is the leading tackler on kickoff team. what a duo! go jacks!

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: mistanice ]</small>

fhseagle
11-06-2003, 01:35 AM
actually spicyrat...im not putting the cart before the horse. what i said was if things keep going as they seem to be. thats it. we seem to be winning, and so does newton...

being from fairfield has helped me learn that nothing is taken for granted, as well as anyone can be beat on any night. trust me, mexia and crockett showed us that. what are some picks on this one, should it take place?

dwhite_eaglesfan
11-06-2003, 09:20 AM
I don't know about Newtons QB, but I do know our hardest hitting DB(Jeremy Collins) moved from Fairfield this week. That also takes a big part of our basketball team. We'll take it game to game,week to week and go from there.

JasperDog94
11-06-2003, 10:13 AM
dwhite_eaglesfan:
I don't know about Newtons QB, but I do know our hardest hitting DB(Jeremy Collins) moved from Fairfield this week. That also takes a big part of our basketball team. We'll take it game to game,week to week and go from there.That's gotta hurt. eek!

fhseagle
11-06-2003, 12:43 PM
yeah, and whats sad is that he moved to MEXIA of all places...

eaglefan
11-06-2003, 01:02 PM
Well guys, being here at college it is hard for me to keep up with things back on the homefront except on Friday nights and on here. What is this about Collins moving back to Mexia? And how/why would this happen at this stage of the season? That makes no sense at all. That is gonna hurt Fairfield too I believe. Fairfield has really taken some hits this season since beginning the year at full strength. As for the first playoff game.....Fairfield needs to beat Madisonville first and Madisonville is a good football team. Pending that, I do believe that Fairfield will play Newton and that should be an excellent matchup. However, I do have to disagree w/ you FHSEagle and Fairfield is not as good as ever. With Collins and Lightsey in the lineup it tremendously enhanced this team's chances of winning and without them they are not mediocre by any means, but definitely are not as good as they were. Even with the win this past week, I still do not feel as though the Eagles have found themselves since losing Lightsey. A win against Madisonville would tremendously help their confidence, but if they don't have it together tomorrow night then they are going to be watching another team from 19-3A in the playoffs.

fisher
11-06-2003, 02:10 PM
Newton has to go through diboll first before they play fairfield and that aint going to be easy be expecting to see diboll playing fairfield not newton

fhseagle
11-06-2003, 02:12 PM
good point eaglefan. when i made the comment about fairfield being as good as ever, i didnt clarify what i meant. yes, they are down with out collins and lightsey, but as far as everything else is, they are as good as ever. everyone is playing at the level that is expected from them. but we cant dwell on the fact that kyle and jeremy are gone from the line up, that will only hurt us. what we need to do is focus on what we have right now, and focus on madisonville, and be behind the kids no matter what. and that is what we are doing. madisonville is going to be a great game, but fairfield's defense is going to show up. baring too many "offsides" calls on our D, we will be okay.

eaglefan
11-06-2003, 02:55 PM
I'm definitely behind our kids, there is no question about that one. This team has heart, you cannot question that at all. Madisonville is a quality team though, and helps show the peridy in the district. I think Fairfield has the weapons, but I'd still like to see them step up and play on a level that I feel as though they have only played at 2 to maybe 3 times this year. While I am thinking about it I want to tell both Diboll and Newton good luck tomorrow night because we at Fairfield know that we are going to get a quality opponent out of either team. Also good luck to the Marlin Bulldogs in going after a district championship tomorrow, they bounced back after many people had them down. They will definitely be a team to be reckoned with come playoff time.

fhseagle
11-06-2003, 03:20 PM
fairfield hopefully will be playing at the level they were against rusk, groesbeck and teague. those have to be the 3 best games they have played this year. they key will be our defense...it needs to spend time behind the line of scrimage like we always do.

sphinx1906
11-06-2003, 03:39 PM
HEARD A RUMOR THAT NEWTON'S J.V WILL BE BRINGING THE PAIN TO DIBOLL, IN ABOUT 5 HOURS.

eaglefan
11-06-2003, 05:34 PM
You got those three games correct...Rusk, Groesbeck, and Teague were definitely their best 3 games of the year. The other wins really were just because Fairfield had more talent. Hopefully Fairfield will use their weapons and the excess of talent to take care of Madisonville.............And not to be rude, but nobody cares about the Newton/Diboll JV game

Backwoods
11-06-2003, 05:39 PM
People in Newton and Diboll might be interested. We play each other this week. After this game we will look at next week. Assuming you will win and looking ahead can cause bad things. Ask Bridge City. eek!

spiveyrat
11-06-2003, 10:51 PM
fhseagle:
actually spicyrat...im not putting the cart before the horse. what i said was if things keep going as they seem to be. thats it. we seem to be winning, and so does newton...

being from fairfield has helped me learn that nothing is taken for granted, as well as anyone can be beat on any night. trust me, mexia and crockett showed us that. what are some picks on this one, should it take place?spiceyrat??? AH! I kind of like that! Maybe I should change my login name? What do you guys think? Kind of saucy!!! :D :D :D

JasperDog94
11-07-2003, 12:29 AM
spiveyrat:

fhseagle:

being from fairfield has helped me learn that nothing is taken for granted, as well as anyone can be beat on any night. trust me, mexia and crockett showed us that. what are some picks on this one, should it take place?spiceyrat??? AH! I kind of like that! Maybe I should change my login name? What do you guys think? Kind of saucy!!! :D :D :D I dunno? I kinda like it too.

"Need some spice in your life? Then try the newest product on the market...spiceyrat. The breakfast of champions!" :D :D :D

JasperDog94
11-07-2003, 12:30 AM
fhseagle:
yeah, and whats sad is that he moved to MEXIA of all places...If that's the case then Jasper may get a crack at him.

spiveyrat
11-07-2003, 07:47 AM
spiveyrat:

fhseagle:

being from fairfield has helped me learn that nothing is taken for granted, as well as anyone can be beat on any night. trust me, mexia and crockett showed us that. what are some picks on this one, should it take place?spiceyrat??? AH! I kind of like that! Maybe I should change my login name? What do you guys think? Kind of saucy!!! :D :D :D Hmmm... It also sounds like an adult channel for rodents. eek!

dwhite_eaglesfan
11-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Hi folks,Fairfield move Brady Dove into Jeremy's spot. Brady is as good, just not as tall and has better hands. I didn't know where Jeremy moved to,but if it was job related as I have heard,can't see the advantage(driving time, ect.,but don't know the details). Jasper might get a crack at him in basketball. As for next weeks game assuming there is one.It don't matter who you play,you still have to beat the team lined up across from you. Newton and Diboll are both very good football teams. We must play Madisonville tonight thats all I know. That is 10 anything else is bonus.