View Full Version : College commitments

bbfan2010
11-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Any commitments anybody

Cole Hubble-UTSA
Tyler Arndt- Missouri??

crabman
11-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Not so sure about that Missouri thing. We would have heard something.

44INAROW
11-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by bbfan2010
Any commitments anybody

Cole Hubble-UTSA
Tyler Arndt- Missouri??

I am not sure about Tyler's being committed to Missouri, it would be a surprise to his parents :p

IHStangFan
11-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am not sure about Tyler's being committed to Missouri, it would be a surprise to his parents :p Where does MEAN GREEN Nation SUSPECT he'll end up? I've been curious about this for awhile. Had the conversation w/ my father the other day...had to tell him "I'm not sure" LOL.

crabman
11-24-2009, 11:42 PM
I would say it is 50/50 whether he ever puts on a football uniform again after this year. He is a great quarterback but baseball is his passion. Do you do what you are great at or do you do what you love? I have said it before. I have seen a hundred kids do what he can do on a baseball field but maybe only a half dozen that can do what he does on a football field. With that being said, you gotta go with your heart. We will see.

IHStangFan
11-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by crabman
I would say it is 50/50 whether he ever puts on a football uniform again after this year. He is a great quarterback but baseball is his passion. Do you do what you are great at or do you do what you love? I have said it before. I have seen a hundred kids do what he can do on a baseball field but maybe only a half dozen that can do what he does on a football field. With that being said, you gotta go with your heart. We will see. He have a school of choice for either sport? Would one sport cause him to pick a different school than he would w/ the other?

Best of luck to him whatever he decides to pursue.

bobcat4life
11-25-2009, 02:03 AM
The vastly overrated Caleb Lavey is going to Oklahoma State.
Anybody know about the Godfrey kid from Gilmer?

waterboy
11-25-2009, 09:03 AM
The only players thus far to verbally commit for Gilmer are DBs Tristan Holt and Braylon Webb, along with Jacob Jenkins (OL), all of whom plan to go to the University of Missouri. Darian Godfrey hasn't said where he plans to go yet.

tdsteele
11-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Gilmer's Jenkins has switched his committment to Oklahoma State.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jacob-Jenkins-93559

waterboy
11-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by tdsteele
Gilmer's Jenkins has switched his committment to Oklahoma State.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jacob-Jenkins-93559
:eek: Wow! I didn't know that! It must've been a recent decision. I must say I'm a little surprised. Good job staying on top of it.

ssgmp5150
11-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Farmersville's Michael Thompson has committed to TCU. A couple of other kids on the Farmer team possibly going DII and DIII. Waiting to hear confirmation on those kids.

Old QB
11-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Bellville QB, Kyle Mueller, has accepted baseball scholarship to Rice.

bbfan2010
11-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Tyler could try baseball and go back to football if he isn't feeling baseball. Quan Cosby and James Casey are perfect examples of that.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2009, 01:31 PM
I went to TCU's rivals page the other day just to see what people were saying about the Horned Frogs and their little ticker had a headline of "Cuero beats Sealy" or whatever... was suprised to see that on the front page of a TCU/rivals page...

anyway, clicked on it and they had Tyler and Trent's names hyperlinked in the article... Of course Trent's page didn't have anything but a picture on it since he's just a sopho, but Tyler's page had all of the interests and offers on it... TCU is rated as having a high interest in Tyler and has made an offer... I think Florida had medium interest with no offer...

think his other offers were from Houston, Vanderbilt, Rice(?) and Mizzou...

Tyler is rated by rivals as #21 out of all pro-style QBs and #53 in all positions in TX... think that rates him overall as #5 out of TX QB recruits?

Anyway, here is some video of Tyler from the 2008 season... it is footage against two teams, first being Beeville and second being Bay City I believe... Notice who the first catch is made by, the late great Mr. Cole Pargmann... rushed for 99 yards in that first half before breaking his leg... I know these boys miss him as a brother and we all do, but we've also been without a great player this year

video is here, they play an add pre-footage:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=68961&season=2010

Gobbla2001
11-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Pretty much shakes down like this for Mr. Tyler Arndt as of now:

Houston - High Interest - Offer

Mizzou - High Interest - Offer

TCU - High Interest - Offer

Rice - Medium Interest - Offer

Vandy - Medium Interest - Offer

Florida - Medium Interest - No Offer

Notre Dame - Medium Interest - No Offer

OU - Medium Interest - No Offer

TT - Medium Interest - No Offer

gatordaze
11-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
The vastly overrated Caleb Lavey is going to Oklahoma State.
Anybody know about the Godfrey kid from Gilmer?

Are you sure you meant that? Alot goes in to a good season and although Caleb struggled with the cutback early, the last game of the season was an incredible effort by the Bobcats D.

As for overated, 6'3" 225 lb 4.55 40 and 150 to 200 tackles per season since he was a Freshman are the type of stats that matter for him at this point.

I am disappointed to be done as most Bobcats fans are, I just can't put it at Calebs feet. Maybe we should have had him playing o-line.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Pilot Point

Cam Feldt 6'5" 300lb Tackle Arkansas
Carter Street 6'4" 250lb DE Louisiana Tech

bobcat4life
11-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Are you sure you meant that? Alot goes in to a good season and although Caleb struggled with the cutback early, the last game of the season was an incredible effort by the Bobcats D.

As for overated, 6'3" 225 lb 4.55 40 and 150 to 200 tackles per season since he was a Freshman are the type of stats that matter for him at this point.

I am disappointed to be done as most Bobcats fans are, I just can't put it at Calebs feet. Maybe we should have had him playing o-line.

I meant it. He was on DCTF's 2nd team SuperTeam and didnt do anything this year. He played good in a few games but not enough. Heck, Daingerfield, TCA, and Prosper all had at least one better 'backer than Caleb. He missed 17 tackles against TCA alone. For the year, his average grade on film was a 74.