PDA

View Full Version : Question For East TX Folks??

BLACK ATTACK
11-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Tell me about Lindale.

Lindale loses to Paris (who had great athletes, but was terrible) 51-41.

Then turns around and beats Pittsburg (who you guys say is great) 43-33.

What gives?

LE Dad
11-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
Tell me about Lindale.

What gives? Lindale is normally a good, solid team. They are not exceptionally fast but they do play solid defense. I listened to the first part of the Pitt/ Lindale game and it was pretty rapid fire back and forth scoring. All I can think of is Lindale used their depth to their advantage on that night. As far as Paris/Lindale, Paris came into the season playing pretty good ball but fell apart as it went along. Pitt is pretty solid, I don't know for sure how they will match up with Argyle, but I think it will be a good game. :D

icu812
11-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Tell me about Lindale.

What gives?

Lindale's spread offense was all about it's QB. The starting QB was out at the start of the season. Lindale also lost to Spring Hill. We (Van) beat Spring Hill even without our starting QB. Van then lost to Quinlan who Pitt blew out. However, Lindale is a different team with their starting QB in the line-up, which he was against Pitt. He got healthy and Lindale went on to win it's 4A district title. He also is probably their best corner on D. Hope that helps.

gtownpoke
11-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Miranda Lambert is from there... so ya, they got something good going on.

BLACK ATTACK
11-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks!

I am quite confident that Pitt is a very good football team. That one stat was just a little bit confusing.

catgut
11-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Tell me about Lindale.

What gives?
I happened to be at the Lindale/Paris game. Even though everyone on here except may LE Dad thinks we were terrible, dumb, undisciplined at the time we played Lindale we scored pretty much at will against Lindale. IMO Paris was inconsistant, but definitely not terrible. I saw every game we played except against Argyle.
I guess now our terrible boys can start playing basketball. We'll still be the same kids since I think every kid that will play varsity was also playing football.

BLACK ATTACK
11-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by catgut
I happened to be at the Lindale/Paris game. Even though everyone on here except may LE Dad thinks we were terrible, dumb, undisciplined at the time we played Lindale we scored pretty much at will against Lindale. IMO Paris was inconsistant, but definitely not terrible. I saw every game we played except against Argyle.
I guess now our terrible boys can start playing basketball. We'll still be the same kids since I think every kid that will play varsity was also playing football.

My bad, I didn't mean any dis-respect. I thought Paris had more good players than anyone that we have played. But, they seemed very undisciplined at times. I don't put that on the players. That belongs to the guys on the sidelines. There has been a lot of talk since our game with them, that with a better coaching staff, those kids are still playing.

navscanmaster
11-27-2009, 10:37 PM
My aunt lives in Lindale; that is where we had Thanksgiving dinner! They have a pretty nice stadium now that they made the visitor's side the home side, with a couple thousand chairback seats. Funny how the pressbox is still on the visitor's side. Reading smoaky, they talk a lot about Lindale being generally good, but inconsistent.

LE Dad
11-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Plesant Grove was the 3rd place team from 16 3A. Losing 34-14 to LE and 42-17 to Pitt. Pitt went undefeated in district. PG beat Argyle 34-19 so I would say Pitt is pretty good :thinking:

BLACK ATTACK
11-28-2009, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Plesant Grove was the 3rd place team from 16 3A. Losing 34-14 to LE and 42-17 to Pitt. Pitt went undefeated in district. PG beat Argyle 34-19 so I would say Pitt is pretty good :thinking:

Don't think that I at any point said that Pitt wasn't good. But since you feel the need to be a smart a$$ and point it out, seems to me that we were playing a week longer than L-E.

catgut
11-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Usually the East Texas teams do quite well in the playoffs. It appears Coach Jones has the defense of PG playing well at the right time. Would be a great game to go to next week.

LE Dad
11-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by catgut
Usually the East Texas teams do quite well in the playoffs. It appears Coach Jones has the defense of PG playing well at the right time. Would be a great game to go to next week. Should be a good game. It was for a half in week 10 and PG seems to be peaking now.

LE Dad
11-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Don't think that I at any point said that Pitt wasn't good. But since you feel the need to be a smart a$$ and point it out, seems to me that we were playing a week longer than L-E. Actually I was just pointing out the facts. I believe Matthew328 (one of the boards most unbiased posters) pointed out to you on another thread that Pitts balance and speed would give Argyle problems. I was just justifying that position. If you want to call that being a smart a$$, so be it. Fact is week 11 or week 15 loss doesn't matter. No #3 SC is no #3.:D

Matthew328
11-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I knew speed would give Argyle problems...just didn't think it was PG's speed that would do it

LE Dad
11-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I knew speed would give Argyle problems...just didn't think it was PG's speed that would do it I really didn't think PG had the size or the depth to do it. I am really interested to see this PG/Pitt matchup. I still think Pitt wins but in a tighter game.