PDA

View Full Version : Former 3A's Case Keenum a finalist for Davey O'Brien

Scrambler
11-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, and Tim Tebow are the three finalists for the Davey O'brien award.

FORT WORTH, Texas (Nov. 23, 2009) – The Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award® (The O’Brien) announced today its 2009 Finalists. The three quarterbacks: Case Keenum, University of Houston, Colt McCoy, University of Texas and Tim Tebow, University of Florida, [...]

Vote at http://www.voteobrien.org/

I'm voting for Case Keenum! McCoy and Tebow are great, but Keenum is playing at a totally different level.

As all Bulldog and Gobbler fans know, Case was the QB that led Abilene Wylie to the 2004 D1 State Championship over Cuero.

mchavez
11-24-2009, 01:34 AM
he also has two loses. I don't care how many yards you throw or how many td you score, the best stat is your record... Colt and Tebow are undefeated so I would be ok to see either of them get it.

I would vote McCoy

big daddy russ
11-24-2009, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by mchavez
he also has two loses. I don't care how many yards you throw or how many td you score, the best stat is your record... Colt and Tebow are undefeated so I would be ok to see either of them get it.

I would vote McCoy
Then you should also want to see Kellen Moore, Greg McElroy, and Andy Dalton in the mix.

injuredinmelee
11-24-2009, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Scrambler
Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, and Tim Tebow are the three finalists for the Davey O'brien award.

FORT WORTH, Texas (Nov. 23, 2009) – The Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award® (The O’Brien) announced today its 2009 Finalists. The three quarterbacks: Case Keenum, University of Houston, Colt McCoy, University of Texas and Tim Tebow, University of Florida, [...]

Vote at http://www.voteobrien.org/

I'm voting for Case Keenum! McCoy and Tebow are great, but Keenum is playing at a totally different level.

As all Bulldog and Gobbler fans know, Case was the QB that led Abilene Wylie to the 2004 D1 State Championship over Cuero.

I am a huge Case Keenum supporter but my vote goes to Colt also. The reason being look what he is doing against better competition. Both of Houstons losses are to teams that UT destroyed. Against UCF, Colt threw for 470 yards. If they had the same schedule who knows what the other would do.

Troybuilt
11-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Colt will win and win the heisman. U can argue that case is better all u want but this is what happens when you don't get recruited out of high school. The high school system he was in is at fault. I dnt think many kids get recruited from wyile but i do think they should be. there are good athletic kids from wylie but for some reason the system(Coach) doesn't promote them. Unfortunate for players like keenum, jennings, edwards,gray, preston, crump, robinson, etc.

so no, keenum won't win this year cuz he is in a small market school (U of H_. He should be a Big 12, pac 10 or sec qb instead. He has done alright for himself but don't cry wylie peeps when he doesn't win awards. awards are for big time and u of h isn't big time.

WylieBulldog92
11-24-2009, 08:39 AM
:rolleyes: Because you know Case performed poorly in the losses.:rolleyes:

wyliefan
11-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I am a huge Case Keenum supporter but my vote goes to Colt also. The reason being look what he is doing against better competition. Both of Houstons losses are to teams that UT destroyed. Against UCF, Colt threw for 470 yards. If they had the same schedule who knows what the other would do.

The Wylie system is a great team system and never highlights one players ability over another. Wylie has had some great athletes, but with them being in 3A and the system they run it will be hard for them to be recruited to top D1 schools.

Also, remember that Case does not play defense and he can only control one side of the ball. That being said would still vote for McCoy then Case.

nexfan
11-24-2009, 09:48 AM
This is a quarterback award, not a team award. Lets not be subjective. Case has better numbers against the common opponents with Colt and Tebow...(Tech, Ok State, UCF, UTEP and Miss St) so the better competition thing is out the window. Lets be honest...Texas and Florida win because of their defense, not because their quarterback has thrown for 4,599 yards 36 touchdowns against 5 interceptions. Those would be Case Keenum's numbers. Although he doesn't have any cool roomates who play the guitar or he hasnt administered circumcissions in Malaysia...Case does have the numbers and 9 wins to back up his chances. Just my thoughts.

big daddy russ
11-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
This is a quarterback award, not a team award.
In the spirit of the awards, they should all be individual awards. Straight from the O'Brien to the Heisman. When was the last time a player from a three-loss team won the Heisman (serious question)? Only ones I can even think might have had three losses would be Wisconsin with Ron Dayne or Texas with Ricky Williams.

Troybuilt
11-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
This is a quarterback award, not a team award. Lets not be subjective. Case has better numbers against the common opponents with Colt and Tebow...(Tech, Ok State, UCF, UTEP and Miss St) so the better competition thing is out the window. Lets be honest...Texas and Florida win because of their defense, not because their quarterback has thrown for 4,599 yards 36 touchdowns against 5 interceptions. Those would be Case Keenum's numbers. Although he doesn't have any cool roomates who play the guitar or he hasnt administered circumcissions in Malaysia...Case does have the numbers and 9 wins to back up his chances. Just my thoughts.

Good luck. especially with losses to UTEP and UCF (lower teir division 1 schools).

carter08
11-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Someone tell me why Keenum is at fault for the UTEP loss? Over 500 yards and no interceptions. Explain.