11-23-2009, 08:07 PM
This should be a good game.

bwdlionfan
11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
I wish the Titans would have worn their throwback jerseys

IHStangFan
11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
WOOOHOO!!! GO TEXANS!!!

Can't wait to see what kinda signs people have come up with tonight for ole Adams. The guys on 610AM "challenged" the city to come up w/ some good ones.....

:devil:

sinton66
11-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

That might have hacked a few people off in Houston.;)

ivchris
11-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm afraid Vince Young is going to put on a show......and the Texans will be kicking themselves for not picking him.

IHStangFan
11-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
I'm afraid Vince Young is going to put on a show......and the Texans will be kicking themselves for not picking him. Nah...IF the Titans win...it'll be for the same reason they've won their last 3....VY's ABILITY to run the ball...keeps D's honest...and Chris Johnson runs all over the D. If Houston can take away, or....more realistically slow down the Titan's running game...and force VY to have to beat them w/ his arm....it'll be a long night for the Titans.

BTownVBall3
11-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Waiting to see what cortland finnegan has planned for tonight...Heard he brought his checkbook.

IHStangFan
11-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Waiting to see what cortland finnegan has planned for tonight...Heard he brought his checkbook. Yeah...but I heard Johnson brought a tire iron......

tire iron > checkbook

:D

Maroon87
11-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Waiting to see what cortland finnegan has planned for tonight...Heard he brought his checkbook.

I've already seen him throw 2 punches in the pile.

Barney Stinson
11-23-2009, 09:02 PM
aaaaaand the Chris Johnson show is about to begin....

IHStangFan
11-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Barney Stinson
aaaaaand the Chris Johnson show is about to begin.... Nah....that show's been canceled.

lvbears32
11-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

naaa. im a titan fan and even im gettin tired of them

Barney Stinson
11-23-2009, 09:07 PM
not canceled, just delayed a bit...

it will come soon enough.

sinton66
11-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Looks a little more like the Matt Schaub/Steve Slaton show so far.

IHStangFan
11-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Looks a little more like the Matt Schaub/Steve Slaton show so far. Special guest appearance by Kevin Walter.

sinton66
11-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Nice throws and a nice option play, Vince.

sinton66
11-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Nice throws and a nice option play, Vince.

Dang, if Vince could throw, the Titans could tie this game up.......oh wait.

scrub c
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
VY is playing like a man...

IHStangFan
11-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Dang, if Vince could throw, the Titans could tie this game up.......oh wait. Nice....made up for a few of those ducks he threw earlier.

IHStangFan
11-23-2009, 09:38 PM
This series brought to you by......the Titans D all over Schaub show.....sponsored in part by..."who in the hell isn't picking up their man" :D

carter08
11-23-2009, 09:50 PM
TD HOU.

sinton66
11-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
This series brought to you by......the Titans D all over Schaub show.....sponsored in part by..."who in the hell isn't picking up their man" :D

Unfortunately for the Titans, Andre Johnson got a vote too.:D

IHStangFan
11-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Unfortunately for the Titans, Andre Johnson got a vote too.:D LOL....Johnson is a beast, no doubt.

Nice pass by Vince there. I know I come across as a VY hater...but I'm not....just ready for him to prove to me he deserves all the hype. But not tonight!!

GO TEXANS!!

sinton66
11-23-2009, 10:02 PM
It looks like the Titans have come to the same conclusion that Mack Brown did. Ya gotta let Vince be Vince.

sinton66
11-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Why was that not a delay of game penalty?

TheDOCTORdre
11-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Titans win their 4th in a row

carter08
11-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Kris Brown makes those 2 FG's, Texans win.

Maybe it's time to let the original Texan go.

wyliefan
11-23-2009, 11:46 PM
VY was not great, but made the plays when it counted. He needs to put in the work and work on his throws.

IHStangFan
11-23-2009, 11:48 PM
2nd time this season Brown has choked it away in the final seconds. Seems to be the Texans identity this year.....finding new ways each week to lose in the closing seconds.

ivchris
11-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Vince Young is the man. Johnson is a good back, but Vince made some big plays with his running ability and that made a big difference in the game. 3 points are as good as 3 touchdowns.....it's still a win.

PhiI C
11-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Great job by Vince. It is too bad the refs had to make a horrible call on that last drive by the Titans though.

TheDOCTORdre
11-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Kris Brown makes those 2 FG's, Texans win.

Maybe it's time to let the original Texan go.

or maybe they should have picked vince young (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFqYhFa7mWA)
:D

skins4life
11-23-2009, 11:55 PM
My son is mad as heII. He went to some of the games while he was in Nashville (actually Ft. Campbell) and as soon as he comes home (4 weeks ago to be exact) to register for spring semester, they put VY in and they haven't lost. I hope they win out and have chance for the playoffs.

Gobbla2001
11-24-2009, 12:11 AM
sucked sucked sucked... what the hell KB? two in a row man, not good...

as for Vince Young not playing great, BS! he killed the Texans tonight over and over again... great enough if nothing else...

:mad:

Trashman
11-24-2009, 12:16 AM
I am a Texan fan, but tonight I was rooting for VY. I wanted him to make the Texans regret not drafting him. Mission accomplished.:D

Gobbla2001
11-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
I am a Texan fan, but tonight I was rooting for VY. I wanted him to make the Texans regret not drafting him. Mission accomplished.:D

I don't think the Texans are missing VY that much on offense this year... their QB is fine...

sucks he's in the division though...

sahen
11-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Trashman

your not much of a Texans fan if that is what you are rooting for...that game was huge for their playoff chances...just go root for the Titans....

coach
11-24-2009, 01:11 AM
did anyone see vy high five the ref after the game lol

IHStangFan
11-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I don't think the Texans are missing VY that much on offense this year... their QB is fine...

sucks he's in the division though... Agreed.....Schaub is 3rd behind only Manning & Brady this year....I'd say he's in pretty good company. As a Texans fan...I am content w/ our QB and would not trade him for Vince. For MY money...

Schaub > VY

coach
11-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Agreed.....Schaub is 3rd behind only Manning & Brady this year....I'd say he's in pretty good company. As a Texans fan...I am content w/ our QB and would not trade him for Vince. For MY money...

Schaub > VY

hes behind brett favre too and aaron rodgers for that matter and drew brees....as usual texans fan overrating their team

sinton66
11-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by coach
hes behind brett favre too and aaron rodgers for that matter and drew brees....as usual texans fan overrating their team

The fact he's quoting is Schaub is 3rd in the AFC.

coach
11-24-2009, 07:41 AM
The fact he's quoting is Schaub is 3rd in the AFC.

wow..my bad....sorry guys im pulling an all nighter and kinda out of it...please continue

statewide
11-24-2009, 08:12 AM
VY is very impressive.

Trashman
11-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

sucks he's in the division though...

Your missing the point. I like the Texans with Schaub. Just very disapointed that the Texans didn't draft VY, when they had the chance. I am still upset over the fact that Houston let the Oilers leave town.:rolleyes:

BwdLions
11-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Nah...IF the Titans win...it'll be for the same reason they've won their last 3....VY's ABILITY to run the ball...keeps D's honest...and Chris Johnson runs all over the D. If Houston can take away, or....more realistically slow down the Titan's running game...and force VY to have to beat them w/ his arm....it'll be a long night for the Titans.

You got part of it right. VY was great running and picking up first downs with his feet. However, he was pretty good throwing the ball too. Vince is 4-0 as the starter. ;)

BwdLions
11-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by sahen
your not much of a Texans fan if that is what you are rooting for...that game was huge for their playoff chances...just go root for the Titans....

There's nothing wrong with rooting for a player that is playing against a team you're a fan of. Try it sometime. I root for Brownwood's Lee Grimes, but in no way would I ever root for aggy.

BwdLions
11-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by wyliefan
VY was not great, but made the plays when it counted. He needs to put in the work and work on his throws.

This post tells me you're either anti-Vince, anti-UT, or you're just not a very positive person. Vince looked very good tonight.

DaHop72
11-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
This post tells me you're either anti-Vince, anti-UT, or you're just not a very positive person. Vince looked very good tonight. No dog in this fight, but I agree. 12-22 for 116, is just over 50% he does need to work on his throwing. He does still have a set of legs on him and has figured out not to take the big hit when he doesn't have to take one, that will keep him around a lot longer.:thumbsup:

sahen
11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
There's nothing wrong with rooting for a player that is playing against a team you're a fan of. Try it sometime. I root for Brownwood's Lee Grimes, but in no way would I ever root for aggy.

look at his quote again...he was obviously rooting for the Titans to win the game because of Vince Young yet he calls himself a Texans fan...that, in MY opinion, is not much of a "fan"....

what you are proposing is rooting for a player to do well while still hoping they lose the game...that is completely different and what i would expect most Vince Young fans to do that happen to also be Texans Fans....

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2009, 10:20 AM
I think the big thing for Vince is he has learned how to manage the game effectively. He is not putting up stellar numbers, but he has learned(thanks to Chris Johnson) that it is not up to him to have to make the big play on every down. He has also avoided the big mistakes that come from trying to force a big play. In his four starts he has thrown one pick, only lost one fumble, and been sacked only once. Whereas it is certain that there is room for his stats to improve, I'm ok if they stay in the ballpark hat they are in as long as he is avoiding the costly mistakes.

sinton66
11-24-2009, 10:57 AM
50% completion rate had a lot to do with the Texans' D. Vince made some very good throws.

playnhurt
11-24-2009, 12:18 PM
I thought VY played with a little more PEP in his step last night.

It was a good game to watch.

BwdLions
11-24-2009, 02:39 PM
I will add that VY is on the right track. He's been given a second chance and he's taking advantage of it. Does he have great stats? No, but he's making the necessary plays to bring his team back from the dead. From an 0-6 start to 4-6 is pretty impressive.

Ex-Tiger2005
11-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
I'm afraid Vince Young is going to put on a show......and the Texans will be kicking themselves for not picking him.

And you were right!

It was good to see the VY I know. He was having fun and playing some good ball. I hope he keeps it up!

Also, was everyone just blown away by the speed and elusiveness that was shown by Chris Johnson? That guy is so much faster than everyone else it is amazing!:eek:

Red&White_9x5
11-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Everyone knew when he left college that he would never tear up the record books as a passing qb in the NFL. His strength is his athletic ability when the ball is in his hand and his ability to make something out of nothing. Four straight wins for a team that had lost 6 straight is still impressive