PDA

View Full Version : Altercation after 2A playoff game in El Campo

Blackcat1954
11-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Understand that there was a verbal and almost physical altercation between Georgewest and Comfort football coach after the Georgwest Hitchcock game in El Campo on Saturday

One coach wanted to play on Thankgiving night and the other Friday

Still not listed where it will be played on huddleuptexas website

NastySlot
11-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954
Understand that there was a verbal and almost physical altercation between Georgewest and Comfort football coach after the Georgwest Hitchcock game in El Campo on Saturday

One coach wanted to play on Thankgiving night and the other Friday

Still not listed where it will be played on huddleuptexas website

well they most have come up with a compromise...cause i heard it was schedule for saturday at Heroes Stadium in S.A.

Blackcat1954
11-23-2009, 01:36 PM
yep i guess so

Gobbla2001
11-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Dear Lord that's the wrong place to be gettin' into anything, those law-dogs have a quick trigger on those cuffs...

Johnny Utah
11-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Doubt it happened.

Johnnypaycheck
11-23-2009, 02:22 PM
knowing who George West's coach is, this does not surprise me one bit...

Old Green
11-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
knowing who George West's coach is, this does not surprise me one bit... I remember the big altercation in Beeville back in 1997 between George West and Sealy.

shamu85
11-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Why would you want to make your kids play on Thanksgiving? I know it's an honor to be in the playoffs, especially 3 rounds deep, but come on...Thanksgiving for a high school game? That's just stupid IMO. Does the UIL even allow that? And would the officials be willing?

Footballhudini
11-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Why would you want to make your kids play on Thanksgiving? I know it's an honor to be in the playoffs, especially 3 rounds deep, but come on...Thanksgiving for a high school game? That's just stupid IMO. Does the UIL even allow that? And would the officials be willing?

I agree. Playing on turkey day is for the pros. This is just silly.

GR FAN
11-23-2009, 04:53 PM

Thanksgiving football is great. Lets face it everyone is bored after the cowboys game and needs something to do to get away from the inlaws. Watched Celina and Hamilton on T-day in Cedar Hill a few years back. Great game and a great way to end the day.

NastySlot
11-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by GR FAN
Thanksgiving football is great. Lets face it everyone is bored after the cowboys game and needs something to do to get away from the inlaws. Watched Celina and Hamilton on T-day in Cedar Hill a few years back. Great game and a great way to end the day.

i agree i'veseen a few...celina and hamilton...stadium was full....i've also saw one year.....celina and holiday at bowie...took my son and had blast..........and seems like back when fannindel had a really good team I caught them and wortham................thanksgiving is a great day for football thank god they moved the Texas/A&M game back to t-day and come on the Lions in morning and falling a sleep on the cowboys...it's a good change....to watch a high school game.

Gobbla2001
11-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I remember the big altercation in Beeville back in 1997 between George West and Sealy.

1997..... George West.... Cuero completing a TD pass at the end of the game for the win... called incomplete... that's what I remember :mad:

Additup
11-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Why would you want to make your kids play on Thanksgiving?
Once had a coach tell me that playing on Thanksgiving was the biggest gate he ever had - including 2 state championship games...it'll be the only game around that night, everything is closed and most folks gotta get away from the family for a bit.

Still wouldn't do it if it didn't help my team win!!

Ranger Mom
11-23-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm too full to even move off the couch on Thanksgving day...(lol, I had "coach" there first, instead of "couch" and realized it just didn't look right just BEFORE I hit submit!!:D

WHEW...glad I caught that, I would have never lived that down!!:p

Matthew328
11-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Celina used to play on Thanksgiving anytime they were still alive...drew some large crowds too...

ccmom
11-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm too full to even move off the couch on Thanksgving day...(lol, I had "coach" there first, instead of "couch" and realized it just didn't look right just BEFORE I hit submit!!:D

WHEW...glad I caught that, I would have never lived that down!!:p :fnypost: