PDA

View Full Version : Region II D-I Final(GotW): Prosper (11-1) vs Lucas Lovejoy (11-1)

bowleghorses
11-21-2009, 08:13 PM
OK guys and girls, what is your take on this game?:)

rolltider
11-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
OK guys and girls, what is your take on this game?:)

Prosper rolls!!!!
Love joy had a problem with Farmersville. Prosper went through Farmersville........ Prosper has a bit of payback in mind for Lovejoy for knocking out the girls volleyball. It should be a good game for the Eagles.

alaskacat
11-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Prosper pretty easily

Charlie47
11-21-2009, 10:41 PM
This game will be Saturday, November 28th @ 7:30
Plano's Clark Stadium
6600 Alma Dr.

bowleghorses
11-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Does anyone know if this game will be broadcast online?:2thumbsup

Charlie47
11-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Yes, the game is online. It is at http://sportsgram.net

bowleghorses
11-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Yes, the game is online. It is at http://sportsgram.net

thanks for the info Charlie47.:thumbsup:

ssgmp5150
11-22-2009, 02:23 PM
The one thing I can say is do not count head to head comparisons! Lovejoy and Farmersville both whooped Quinlan Ford and look what they did in the 1st round, dominating what was reported to be a superior Van team! Farmersville played Lovejoy on a very muddy and wet field and that negated a lot of Lovejoy's speed and big play ability. The Farmersville vs Prosper game was much closer than what the score indicated! Prosper's defense is very very good! However, their offense is average at best! They are going to have to score some points to keep up with Lovejoy. Prosper's run defense is stout, but I think their pass defense is susceptible. I think Lovejoy actually has a chance in this one! They are going to be hard pressed to score against Prosper's defense, but they will not have to score a lot of points to win. I think their offense will be able to score 21 points on Prosper, so the question is whether or not Prosper can score 21 points or greater on Lovejoy's defense????? At the beginning of the season, I would have said that Prosper rolls Lovejoy, but now I think that Prosper should win, but it might be a very close ballgame! I say Prosper wins 21-17.

bobcat4life
11-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Prosper wins it by 14-21 points.

eagle12
11-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Prosper whipped Farmersville, why can't you get over it? you always try to talk up that game, i think it will be a good game however i feel that we will pull away from lovejoy... 28-7

Charlie47
11-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Ok folks, I make no statement as to who will win. I will offer stats
from the WFAA HS Game stats. These stats include the top 25 in each catagory.
Rushing
Lovejoy:
Michael Means, QB
1284 yds ; 6.9/yds/carry; 25 TDs

Blake Martin, RB
He missed 3 games due to injury.
895 yds; 8.2 yds/carry; 9TDs

Prosper:
Juan Williams, RB
1634 yds; 8.1/carry;18 TDs

Passing
Lovejoy
Michael Means
107-215-5int; 1762yds;8.4 yds/pass; 13 TDs

Prosper
Brian Hardy
57-117-3int;771 yds;6.6yds/pass;7 TDs

Receiving
Lovejoy;
Parker Norris, WR
635yds; 17.1/rec; 5 TDs

Hayden Marsh, WR
532yds; 17.7/rec; 5 TDs

Prosper
No receivers in the 25 in Metroplex area

Scoring
Lovejoy
Michael Means
156pts

Prosper
Juan Williams
108pts

Offense
Lovejoy
1919 yds Passing
2790 yds Rushing
392.4/game

Prosper
901 yds Passing
3093 yds Rushing
328 yds/game

Defense
Prosper
996 yds Passing
1430 yds Rushing
202 yds/game

Lovejoy
1876 yds Passing
1529 yds Rushing
283.8 yds/game

This might give you a little insight and make the game more
interesting. I know that on 2 occasions Lovejoy has got behind.
20 pts to 4A Frisco Liberty and 21 pts to Liberty-Eylau, they won both games.:clap:

Charlie47
11-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Does anybody know who the home team is?:confused:

bobcat4life
11-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Stats do not mean a whole lot. Prosper is much more talented and will win. And when we scrimmaged Lovejoy, they didnt have a whole lot of speed. We were faster than they were. Prosper is easily 3 touchdowns better than Lovejoy.

ssgmp5150
11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
You are entitled to your opinion just as I am mine and I say the game was much much much closer than what the score indicated!!! So, with that said, I think Lovejoy will make it close, but Prosper should still win.

Originally posted by eagle12
Prosper whipped Farmersville, why can't you get over it? you always try to talk up that game, i think it will be a good game however i feel that we will pull away from lovejoy... 28-7

Charlie47
11-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Stats do not mean a whole lot. Prosper is much more talented and will win. And when we scrimmaged Lovejoy, they didnt have a whole lot of speed. We were faster than they were. Prosper is easily 3 touchdowns better than Lovejoy.

You may well be right about the stats. I can tell you this. It has been a long time since that scrimage, things have changed. I
also know that the Liberty-Eylau folks told us how much speed
they had, how slow Lovejoy was. However, after the LE game,
the radio announcer said, tonight the Liberty-Eylau boys were not the fastest boys on the field". I also know that Lovejoy won't quit. It might just be a better game than people think.
;) :D

bowleghorses
11-22-2009, 04:16 PM
from the WFAA HS Game stats. These stats include the top 25 in each catagory.
Rushing
Lovejoy:
Michael Means, QB
1284 yds ; 6.9/yds/carry; 25 TDs

Blake Martin, RB
He missed 3 games due to injury.
895 yds; 8.2 yds/carry; 9TDs

Prosper:
Juan Williams, RB
1634 yds; 8.1/carry;18 TDs

Passing
Lovejoy
Michael Means
107-215-5int; 1762yds;8.4 yds/pass; 13 TDs

Prosper
Brian Hardy
57-117-3int;771 yds;6.6yds/pass;7 TDs

Receiving
Lovejoy;
Parker Norris, WR
635yds; 17.1/rec; 5 TDs

Hayden Marsh, WR
532yds; 17.7/rec; 5 TDs

Prosper
No receivers in the 25 in Metroplex area

Scoring
Lovejoy
Michael Means
156pts

Prosper
Juan Williams
108pts

Offense
Lovejoy
1919 yds Passing
2790 yds Rushing
392.4/game

Prosper
901 yds Passing
3093 yds Rushing
328 yds/game

Defense
Prosper
996 yds Passing
1430 yds Rushing
202 yds/game

Lovejoy
1876 yds Passing
1529 yds Rushing
283.8 yds/game

20 pts to 4A Frisco Liberty and 21 pts to Liberty-Eylau, they won both games.:clap:

I can guarantee these stats are not worth a hill of beans. There has not been very many games this year that Prosper's starters have played long past the first series of the 3rd quarter. The stats are not important to them. winning it all is what counts.

Charlie47
11-22-2009, 04:26 PM
I can guarantee these stats are not worth a hill of beans. There has not been very many games this year that Prosper's starters have played long past the first series of the 3rd quarter. The stats are not important to them. winning it all is what counts.

Woa Woa, hoss! I made NO statement that stats meant anything to EITHER team. For that matter, Lovejoy has pulled their starters
in several games also. I believe I said that the stats might create
interest and make the game more interesting.:rolleyes:

lulu
11-22-2009, 05:04 PM
i pick prosper:) LJ going down.

slingshot
11-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Both impressive... both probably faster than us (isn't everybody;) ).

rolltider
11-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
The one thing I can say is do not count head to head comparisons! Lovejoy and Farmersville both whooped Quinlan Ford and look what they did in the 1st round, dominating what was reported to be a superior Van team! Farmersville played Lovejoy on a very muddy and wet field and that negated a lot of Lovejoy's speed and big play ability. The Farmersville vs Prosper game was much closer than what the score indicated! Prosper's defense is very very good! However, their offense is average at best! They are going to have to score some points to keep up with Lovejoy. Prosper's run defense is stout, but I think their pass defense is susceptible. I think Lovejoy actually has a chance in this one! They are going to be hard pressed to score against Prosper's defense, but they will not have to score a lot of points to win. I think their offense will be able to score 21 points on Prosper, so the question is whether or not Prosper can score 21 points or greater on Lovejoy's defense????? At the beginning of the season, I would have said that Prosper rolls Lovejoy, but now I think that Prosper should win, but it might be a very close ballgame! I say Prosper wins 21-17.

Prosper played the 2nd and 3rd string before half time. The starters were off the field resting. No starter went in in the 4th quarter. I would not be getting to excited that the game wasn't more of a blow out. Lovejoy lost to Farmersville the district is not as competitive so that stats don't show a true picture.

LE Dad
11-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Normally I would say any team that beats LE would win but Lovejoy suffered several injuries late in the game and I just don't know how healthy they will be. I think it will be close though. Low scoring game will go to Prosper.:clap: :clap:

bowleghorses
11-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Normally I would say any team that beats LE would win but Lovejoy suffered several injuries late in the game and I just don't know how healthy they will be. I think it will be close though. Low scoring game will go to Prosper.:clap: :clap:

What type of injuries did they suffer?:thinking:

LE Dad
11-23-2009, 10:53 AM
What type of injuries did they suffer?:thinking: 2 LBs had lower leg injuries, 1 returned heavily taped, the other came back in and was reinjured. I don't believe he came back in after 3rd qtr. 2 lineman were knocked unconscious and had to be assisted from field. One was a 2 way starter and the other I believe was a O lineman only. It could be enough to affect the outcome. I did not see them run any traps after the starters went out and that was a big part of their game plan.

Lovejoy is a solid team. They will run 4-5 wide and scramble the QB out for good yardage, run a pretty good trap play, and have an avg passing game. The main thing that killed LE was QB scramble. They do make mistakes under pressure.
Defense moves to ball and is vulnerable to misdirection. Pass D is good.

waterboy
11-23-2009, 11:05 AM
I look for Prosper to win by 7 to 14 points.

BTW, I saw some of what looked to be football players from Prosper at the Gilmer/La Vega game Saturday. They were sitting on the La Vega side.:thinking: Scouting a possible future opponent?:thinking: They looked a little worried......:D

charlesrixey
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Prosper struggled last week against Alvarado but pulled it out 13-8.

Lovejoy beat TLE in what some might consider an upset in last week's GOTW, 42-41.

This one should be an excellent matchup between a very fast Lovejoy team and the very strong defensive Eagles.

garciap77
11-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Prosper! By 2 TD!

bowleghorses
11-23-2009, 02:09 PM
You could see the worry on their face all the way from the other side of the field? I doubt they were worried, they gunna be the underdog if they make it that far, just like last year. Noone picked them to win last year either.:D :D :D

bowleghorses
11-23-2009, 02:11 PM
By the way waterboy dont you know ya'll are playing wylie in the championship?:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

charlesrixey
11-23-2009, 02:16 PM

well technically, they were behind Farmersville too

:)

they are playing quite well, though

waterboy
11-23-2009, 02:21 PM
You could see the worry on their face all the way from the other side of the field? I doubt they were worried, they gunna be the underdog if they make it that far, just like last year. Noone picked them to win last year either.:D :D :D
Amazing what a set of binoculars can do, huh?:D

waterboy
11-23-2009, 02:23 PM
By the way waterboy dont you know ya'll are playing wylie in the championship?:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:
I hope you're right! That would be just fine with me........but I don't think either team is ready to order any rings!:doh:

slingshot
11-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I hope you're right! That would be just fine with me........but I don't think either team is ready to order any rings!:doh: Wouldn't recommend ya'll doing that either... on second thought, just go ahead... plan the parade--everything. ;)

bowleghorses
11-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Wouldn't recommend ya'll doing that either... on second thought, just go ahead... plan the parade--everything. ;)

Just go ahead and use the ones you ordered last year. LOL:blush: :stirpot:

slingshot
11-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Just go ahead and use the ones you ordered last year. LOL:blush: :stirpot: Touche':clap:

rolltider
11-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Amazing what a set of binoculars can do, huh?:D

No doubt they were thinking finally a team that will be a real challenge. Prosper is use to being the under dod in this fight. Last year they were picked to lose in every round of the play-offs. Whose got the ring?????? Prosper has two real challenges AW and Gilmer. The Buck's had great defense but as I said earlier not as fast . Prosper's offense is going to really need to step it up. That is the thing about Prosper they just keep stepping up. This is Texas high school football and the team that wants it more can step up and take the win. Any of these teams could be done this week. I am just counting on Prosper wanting it more than the other players. They lost a lot of talent and size this year, but still manage to beat the other teams. They are a team of ONE not super stars.

bowleghorses
11-24-2009, 08:39 PM
I heard that...:clap: :clap: :clap:

waterboy
11-25-2009, 10:12 AM
I've never even thought about ordering rings in ANY year in the past, nor am I even thinking about it this year.:eek: Too many GOOD teams left that will have a little say-so in anybody's plans. About the only thing I've said is that I like our chances this year........more so than in any year in the past.;)

garciap77
11-25-2009, 10:16 AM
I hope you're right! That would be just fine with me........but I don't think either team is ready to order any rings!:doh:

:iagree:

TXFTBALLFNATIC
11-25-2009, 02:25 PM

BTW, I saw some of what looked to be football players from Prosper at the Gilmer/La Vega game Saturday. They were sitting on the La Vega side.:thinking: Scouting a possible future opponent?:thinking: They looked a little worried......:D

Anybody that is going to play Gilmer needs to be worried. They are way out east for me to see them live but what hightlights i have seen from internet these guys are the real deal. I am just glad they are in D1 so my boys Da Graham Steers can take the small school title.

Sorry 2-3A brothers. But I will be at your state title game rooting for ya.

Green!
11-25-2009, 03:26 PM

What gave it away... the state title patches on their letterjackets? ;)

RPF2666
11-25-2009, 04:22 PM
I voted for Prosper and will every week until someone knocks of the champ.

As soon as I see a Carthage poll, I'll do the same thing, for the same reason.

alaskacat
11-26-2009, 02:22 AM
One thing about Gilmer..they somehow always manage to shoot them selves in the foot. I vote they go for it on 4th and 1 many times:)...again

BILLYFRED0000
11-27-2009, 11:48 AM
You are entitled to your opinion just as I am mine and I say the game was much much much closer than what the score indicated!!! So, with that said, I think Lovejoy will make it close, but Prosper should still win.

Look there is nothing close about 27-0. Prosper plays good d and has a decent secondary. They play ball controll and have played very good defenses in Argyle and Celina which accounts for their averages in offense. Nobody Lovejoy has played has defenses as good as the top 3 in 9 3a. And that is what you have to account for. Lovejoy will not stop Prosper enough and Prosper will control and contain Lovejoy. I give Lovejoy the benefit of the doubt and say they may score twice. 27 14. or 27 7.

BILLYFRED0000
11-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by rolltider
No doubt they were thinking finally a team that will be a real challenge. Prosper is use to being the under dod in this fight. Last year they were picked to lose in every round of the play-offs. Whose got the ring?????? Prosper has two real challenges AW and Gilmer. The Buck's had great defense but as I said earlier not as fast . Prosper's offense is going to really need to step it up. That is the thing about Prosper they just keep stepping up. This is Texas high school football and the team that wants it more can step up and take the win. Any of these teams could be done this week. I am just counting on Prosper wanting it more than the other players. They lost a lot of talent and size this year, but still manage to beat the other teams. They are a team of ONE not super stars.

I like Prosper but The buckeyes get the nod this year. AW will not beat Prosper however if Prosper can play mistake free. So I believe we will see a Prosper Gilmer final with the buckeyes getting the win. Prosper's defense just wont be able to stop them. I doubt Argyle or Celina would fair any better and those are the best 3 defenses in region 1 and 2.

Charlie47
11-27-2009, 03:48 PM
I thought this was the Prosper Vs Lovejoy Leopards game thread. They may well get to play another team BUT FIRST
Prosper has to play the Lovejoy Leopards. I hope they are taking the Leopards for granted as much as some of you are. If you have something to offer about this game please do so.
:mad:

rolltider
11-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I thought this was the Prosper Vs Lovejoy Leopards game thread. They may well get to play another team BUT FIRST
Prosper has to play the Lovejoy Leopards. I hope they are taking the Leopards for granted as much as some of you are. If you have something to offer about this game please do so.
:mad:

It was there just wasn't much to say except Prosper rolls!! Just like the Tide!!!!

eagles26
11-27-2009, 11:33 PM
It was there just wasn't much to say except Prosper rolls!! Just like the Tide!!!!

Now how confident do you feel after Argyle's loss?

People in this town need to stop getting the "big head" and smell the coffee, take every game seriously. :doh:

bowleghorses
11-28-2009, 12:12 AM
As long as the players and the coaches take care of business one game at a time, they will be ok.:)

ssgmp5150
11-28-2009, 12:17 AM
After watching PG take down the "mighty" Argyle Egales tonight, I have to wonder if perhaps Prosper just had a bad night against Argyle during their district game, because if not.....Well, then I really am starting to like Lovejoy's chances Saturday night in Plano!!!! Go Leopards!!!! Represent 13-AAA baby!!!!

bowleghorses
11-28-2009, 12:18 AM
We will see tomorrow.

LE Dad
11-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Liberty Eylau and Pittsburg both dominated PG. Argyle was completely controlled by PG and was lucky the score was not worse. I still am not sure how healthy Lovejoy will be but I think Prosper could be in for a battle:confused: :confused:

bowleghorses
11-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Goes to show you every game the matchups change. Always a different ballgame.

rolltider
11-28-2009, 01:12 AM
As long as the players and the coaches take care of business one game at a time, they will be ok.:)

I totally agree! As I said earlier it comes down to who wants it the most. Any team can go down at anytime at any level. It just comes down to who wants it the most and can take control on the field. Don't know what went down with Argyle but would guess they might have been a bit over confident.

rolltider
11-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by eagles26
Now how confident do you feel after Argyle's loss?

People in this town need to stop getting the "big head" and smell the coffee, take every game seriously. :doh:

Aren't you a buzz kill!!!!!!! I still think Prosper is got a better defense more speed on D. I feel the boys are focused and will take care of business. These boys just keep stepping up.

Confidence on and off the field.

LE Dad
11-28-2009, 01:20 AM
I totally agree! As I said earlier it comes down to who wants it the most. Any team can go down at anytime at any level. It just comes down to who wants it the most and can take control on the field. Don't know what went down with Argyle but would guess they might have been a bit over confident. Argyle played a team much like Prosper will face tomorrow. They just could not handle a mobile QB. If Prosper can't they will have a long game ahead of them. Lovejoy has twice the team PG does.

rolltider
11-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Argyle played a team much like Prosper will face tomorrow. They just could not handle a mobile QB. If Prosper can't they will have a long game ahead of them. Lovejoy has twice the team PG does.

I feel that #17 will take care of that and the QB may not be as mobile after they meet. He is a sophomore and the real deal. Then you have got #44,&#8. Prosper's defense can and will take care of business. I offense will need to step it up and be ready to move against LJ defense. If #7 breaks free he is gone. This is the play-offs and every game is about stepping up. Prosper plans to do just that.....

BossHog09
11-28-2009, 02:18 AM
im a prosper fan too but i agree with prosper26, i wish rolltider would shut his mouth and stop making prosper fans look bad. every game is a battle, you need to learn that you cant take anything for granted.

rolltider
11-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Look there is nothing close about 27-0. Prosper plays good d and has a decent secondary. They play ball controll and have played very good defenses in Argyle and Celina which accounts for their averages in offense. Nobody Lovejoy has played has defenses as good as the top 3 in 9 3a. And that is what you have to account for. Lovejoy will not stop Prosper enough and Prosper will control and contain Lovejoy. I give Lovejoy the benefit of the doubt and say they may score twice. 27 14. or 27 7. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

peagle
11-28-2009, 03:58 AM
Good luck to all the Prosper players! Keep it up! Great job stepping up this year .Go Green!

EaglesVoice
11-28-2009, 05:03 AM
The one thing I can say is do not count head to head comparisons! Lovejoy and Farmersville both whooped Quinlan Ford and look what they did in the 1st round, dominating what was reported to be a superior Van team! Farmersville played Lovejoy on a very muddy and wet field and that negated a lot of Lovejoy's speed and big play ability. The Farmersville vs Prosper game was much closer than what the score indicated! Prosper's defense is very very good! However, their offense is average at best! They are going to have to score some points to keep up with Lovejoy. Prosper's run defense is stout, but I think their pass defense is susceptible. I think Lovejoy actually has a chance in this one! They are going to be hard pressed to score against Prosper's defense, but they will not have to score a lot of points to win. I think their offense will be able to score 21 points on Prosper, so the question is whether or not Prosper can score 21 points or greater on Lovejoy's defense????? At the beginning of the season, I would have said that Prosper rolls Lovejoy, but now I think that Prosper should win, but it might be a very close ballgame! I say Prosper wins 21-17. I have to admit. That is about the funniest thing I've ever read! Who on earth would say a 27-0 win was actually closer than the score indicated? Wouldn't a team have to at least score 1 point in a game and prevent the opposing team from scoring any points to say that? Get REAL!! The only things close about that game was the proximity of Prosper to Farmersville and the fact that we took our feet off your throat in about the 3rd quarter.

Charlie47
11-28-2009, 08:35 AM
The Lovejoy Leopards will be healthy -1. I will pray that
we have a great game and that neither team will have any injuries. Prosper is a great program and Lovejoy is blessed
to be at this point. I know my Leopards will play hard and
not quit.:clap: :D

LE Dad
11-28-2009, 08:48 AM
The Lovejoy Leopards will be healthy -1. I will pray that
we have a great game and that neither team will have any injuries. Prosper is a great program and Lovejoy is blessed
to be at this point. I know my Leopards will play hard and
not quit.:clap: :D Charlie, After last night , I give the Leopards a good shot at this game. If you have everyone back, a real good shot. Your QB is not as fast as PGs but he is not slow. He could be the deciding factor in this game. We will find out soon. Good luck both teams.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2009, 09:14 AM
This is Texas high school football and the team that wants it more can step up and take the win. I am just counting on Prosper wanting it more than the other players.
Sorry, but I'm calling this hogwash. I can almost guarantee that there is not a team still playing that "wants it" more than any other team. This is, after all, as you said, Texas high school football.

ssgmp5150
11-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Please don't get me started....I will simply say that Prosper was no doubt the better team and leave it at that. Just like your district champion Argyle Eagles went down like a bag of rocks last night to a team we just darn near beat! So, again the game was closer than the score indicated! I like Lovejoy's chances tonight! I think you guys will get to know a fella by the name of Michael Means quite well tonight. Go Lovejoy represent 13-AAA!!!!

Originally posted by EaglesVoice
I have to admit. That is about the funniest thing I've ever read! Who on earth would say a 27-0 win was actually closer than the score indicated? Wouldn't a team have to at least score 1 point in a game and prevent the opposing team from scoring any points to say that? Get REAL!! The only things close about that game was the proximity of Prosper to Farmersville and the fact that we took our feet off your throat in about the 3rd quarter.

rolltider
11-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sorry, but I'm calling this hogwash. I can almost guarantee that there is not a team still playing that "wants it" more than any other team. This is, after all, as you said, Texas high school football.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.
Vince Lombardi

rolltider
11-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BossHog09
im a prosper fan too but i agree with prosper26, i wish rolltider would shut his mouth and stop making prosper fans look bad. every game is a battle, you need to learn that you cant take anything for granted.

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.
Paul "Bear" Bryant

Roll Tide!!!!!!

eagles26
11-28-2009, 02:22 PM
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.
Vince Lombardi

If Lovejoy made it this far into the playoffs I can tell you, as can anyone else, that they have plenty of will and confidence.
That quote can be applied to any team still playing in the Playoffs at this moment.

rolltider
11-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by eagles26
If Lovejoy made it this far into the playoffs I can tell you, as can anyone else that they have plenty of will and confidence.
That quote can be applied to any team still playing in the Playoffs at this moment.

That is my point. It comes down to more than stats, more than talent, more than ratings....... Wether you are for one team or another. At this point it comes down to putting it all together and having the confidence desire and will to accomplish anything.
Good luck to the Prosper Eagles!!!! May they have what it takes to accomplish it on the field tonight. May their town support them win or lose. These boys are pulling together as a team and believing in themselves even when others don't. I am proud to support them as I am sure that those for LJ, Celina, Argyle, Gilmer, Navasota, Farmersville, Wimberly, and the list goes on. This is play-offs there will be up sets the undefeated will be defeated. The under dog will take the upset. There is something magical about watching 15-18 year olds dig deep within their selves as a team and as an individual. If being confident and proud of what they accomplish on and off the field is not appreciated by their fans. It is certainly more of a problem for those who tear down those who support them.

Keep stepping up!!!!!!!!

garciap77
11-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Go Prosper!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

lulu
11-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Go Prosper!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Not to hijack the thread...But how are you doing?

bobcat4life
11-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Go Lovejoy! Beat the crap outta Prosper tonight!

squid
11-28-2009, 08:48 PM
3-0 LL 5 mins left in the 1st quarter

squid
11-28-2009, 08:56 PM
7-3 Prosper. :27 remaining in the first

bowleghorses
11-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Go Lovejoy! Beat the crap outta Prosper tonight!

What gives Bobcat...Pulling against the district.:mad:

bowleghorses
11-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Thats it I'm not pulling for Celina next week.:D :D :D

rolltider
11-29-2009, 12:17 AM
I would like my crow pie with peas,carrots and celery. Love Joy had the desire to dig deep and bring it. Congrats! Good Luck against AW!!!

eagles26
11-29-2009, 12:23 AM
It finallly showed Coach Scott and the offense of Prosper had no idea what they were doing tonight. The defense played well but as usual the offense had no answers for Lovejoy's package. Good coaches always have an answer for what the other team throws at them. It was obvious that the Eagle Coaching Staff was out-coached. I wonder if they will fire Coach Scott for underachieving? Because the better team did not win tonight. They were flatly out-coached. I wonder how good Prosper would be with a real coach that has a real backbone.

Congratulations and Good Luck to the Leopards.

Goodnight

bobcat4life
11-29-2009, 12:49 AM
What gives Bobcat...Pulling against the district.:mad:
I would rather die than root for Prosper. I hate that town and those obnoxious fans. I heard them from across the field mouthing, and twice heard them cheer when Lovejoy players went down with injurues. You should hear their fans- worst I've seen. I hate those people.

alaskacat
11-29-2009, 01:29 AM
I went to the game and sat on the Prosper side. II never heard a peep when the LL persons were down, except quiet concern.

As far AS THE GAME WENT in the first half, Prospers #7 ran at will. He has more moves than a Maytag, and with his juking and side stepping proved an elusive target for the defenders. LL was playing a 4-3 most of this time and Prosper was blocking well, so Prosper controlled things for the most part.

The 2nd half was quite different. LL moved to a 4-5 and had 9 in the box most of the way. Prosper kept trying to run inside and got crushed, really crushed.

The completed afew passes and moved the ball but then would go back to the same old give it to #7 in the middle and it went no where.

In the 4th quarter they tried passing...but those sideline passses have to get there with zip on them to work right. It would be a 2 yd pass that looked in slow motion, and the LL safety seemed to outrun the ball and would arrive at the same time, and at best the play would go for two yards. if that.

Prosper became totally predictable...try and run on first down...out pass on 2nd down, confusion on third down, and punt. Clock management was terrible..

Lovejoy made the adjustments at halftime, and then went out there executed and stuck it in Prospers ear...in this case the best coached team won. As far as athletes, it was a tossup. Lovejoy got the nod in depth. Next realignment they will be 4A as they are over 1000 now.

Well that's the way I saw it.

If Lovejoy don't win it this year, they will be awhile when they step up to 4A

Remeber this is their first group of seniors in a 3 year varsity program..so hats off to Lovejoy for a job well done and a program in the making.

So good luck Leopards. I wish you the best in the weeks to come, as Prosper oils up their tennies and hits the BB court and works on their passing game:)

Charlie47
11-29-2009, 02:37 AM
I would rather die than root for Prosper. I hate that town and those obnoxious fans. I heard them from across the field mouthing, and twice heard them cheer when Lovejoy players went down with injurues. You should hear their fans- worst I've seen. I hate those people.

I thought the Prosper fans were a class act, as was the team.
I was surprised at their passing proficancy. Man that #17 is
awesome, what an athlete! Juan Williams is a fantastic back.
Our defense really was fortunate to stop him. Congrats on a great year.:clap:

ssgmp5150
11-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Guess they really rolled didn't they there rolltider! Way to go Leopards! Way to represent 13-AAA! You guys showed the heart of a true champion in the 2nd half dominating the defending AAA DI State Champs! Good luck against Abilene Wylie.

Prosper rolls!!!!
Love joy had a problem with Farmersville. Prosper went through Farmersville........ Prosper has a bit of payback in mind for Lovejoy for knocking out the girls volleyball. It should be a good game for the Eagles.

ssgmp5150
11-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Surprise....Surprise....Wasn't quite that easy huh...

Originally posted by alaskacat
Prosper pretty easily

ssgmp5150
11-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Prosper counted head to head matchups! Look how that worked out for em! Sorry shoving a little humble pie at some of the Prosper posters on here!

ssgmp5150
11-29-2009, 08:31 AM
LOL!!!!

ssgmp5150
11-29-2009, 08:32 AM
LOL!!!! Argyle, Prosper, Celina???? All done!

ssgmp5150
11-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Our district is not competitive huh???? Pleasant Grove would have beaten Prosper, Argyle, Celina, Lovejoy, etc...DI is a lot easier of a path to a state title this year than DII!!!

Prosper played the 2nd and 3rd string before half time. The starters were off the field resting. No starter went in in the 4th quarter. I would not be getting to excited that the game wasn't more of a blow out. Lovejoy lost to Farmersville the district is not as competitive so that stats don't show a true picture.

ssgmp5150
11-29-2009, 08:36 AM
They scored more than twice! LOL!!!!

Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Look there is nothing close about 27-0. Prosper plays good d and has a decent secondary. They play ball controll and have played very good defenses in Argyle and Celina which accounts for their averages in offense. Nobody Lovejoy has played has defenses as good as the top 3 in 9 3a. And that is what you have to account for. Lovejoy will not stop Prosper enough and Prosper will control and contain Lovejoy. I give Lovejoy the benefit of the doubt and say they may score twice. 27 14. or 27 7.

ssgmp5150
11-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Spot on LE.....Spot on!!!

Liberty Eylau and Pittsburg both dominated PG. Argyle was completely controlled by PG and was lucky the score was not worse. I still am not sure how healthy Lovejoy will be but I think Prosper could be in for a battle:confused: :confused:

eagle12
11-29-2009, 11:48 AM
This is exactly why no one one this site likes you, ssgmp, you are a piece of crap, prosper still made it farther than your farmers so how does that feel?

ssgmp5150
11-29-2009, 12:04 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just calling out a couple of the posters on here....That's all!!! My comments are not directed to everyone on here, just the ones quoted in particular....lol :stirpot:

ssgmp5150
11-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Besides.....It is not like I am fishing buddies with anyone on here, nor do I want to take nice hot showers with anyone on here, swap spit with anyone, etc. to include yourself, so I could care less who likes me and who doesn't! Still chuckling to myself...lol

This is exactly why no one one this site likes you, ssgmp, you are a piece of crap, prosper still made it farther than your farmers so how does that feel?

bobcat4life
11-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I thought the Prosper fans were a class act, as was the team.

well you are wrong. tell me the horn they blow every time they pick up a first down isnt annoying? and when fans are yelling "kill 'em" and "stomp on their throats" when up 31-14, and there is only 5 minutes left in the game, how is that a class act? And after a touchdown to make it 38-14, players are pointing to the crowd yelling, "easy! this is easy!" and mocking the other players? That aint class and prosper doesnt have class either.

Here ia an idea: talk to them and tell them your from Celina. Then come back and tell me if they have class. Heck, I talked to 3 different Celina people during the second half who got tired of their obnoxious fans and came to the Lovejoy side. You dont know class if you think Prosper has it.

bobcat4life
11-29-2009, 12:30 PM
did anyone know that one of the Prosper assistants told the Lovejoy horn operator to quit using their horn so much? Prosper used theirs twice as much as Lovejoy, which made me mad that a coach, who should be held to higher standards than that, would make such an assinine comment.

ssgmp5150
11-29-2009, 12:50 PM
It was definately annoying!!!

well you are wrong. tell me the horn they blow every time they pick up a first down isnt annoying? and when fans are yelling "kill 'em" and "stomp on their throats" when up 31-14, and there is only 5 minutes left in the game, how is that a class act? And after a touchdown to make it 38-14, players are pointing to the crowd yelling, "easy! this is easy!" and mocking the other players? That aint class and prosper doesnt have class either.

Here ia an idea: talk to them and tell them your from Celina. Then come back and tell me if they have class. Heck, I talked to 3 different Celina people during the second half who got tired of their obnoxious fans and came to the Lovejoy side. You dont know class if you think Prosper has it.

Charlie47
11-29-2009, 12:54 PM
It was definately annoying and painful!:mad:

rolltider
11-29-2009, 01:20 PM
It would be nice if every town had 100% of fans with class. I am seeing that every town has an group of idiots. Congrats to the boys that are still playing!!!! Congrats to the teams that played into the play-offs. No team that made it this far and to those who didn't get to the play offs. Learn how to find that desire to play and live life as a challenge, because there are always jerks trying to knock you down.