PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding players at the UIL State Vollleyball games in San Marcos

Old Cardinal
11-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Conference 1A
*Amber Bain Sr. Louise
Kaycee Baker Jr. Bronte
Chelsea Cook Sr. Bronte
Kelsi Kutac Jr. Louise
Kirsten Machicek Sr. Louise
Kaylee Murphree Sr. Lindsay

Conference 2A
Jac Bullock Sr. Aubrey
Abbey Bybel So. White Oak
*Tara Dunn Jr. Poth
Courtney Haney Sr. Peaster
Jordan Kotara So. Poth
Kara Lucherk Sr. Poth

Conference 3A
Laura Blab Jr. Wimberley
Erin Fisher Jr. Monahans
Sydney Jackson Jr. Wimberley
*Andie Malloy So. Lucas Lovejoy
Lauren McDaniel Sr. Lucas Lovejoy
Natalie Puckett Jr. Lucas Lovejoy

Conference 4A
Tori Jobe Jr. Canyon Randall
Julie Olschwanger Sr. Richardson Pearce
*Aubree Piper Sr. Canyon Randall
Raegan Shelton Sr. Canyon Randall
Bethany Yeager Sr. Brenham
Caroline Young Jr. Brenham

Conference 5A
Paige Caridi So. Austin Westlake
Erika Chin Sr. Katy Cinco Ranch
Micah Nolan Sr. Amarillo
Madelyn Robinett Sr. Amarillo
Sara Shaw Sr. Austin Westlake
*Eden Williams Sr. Amarillo

*Denotes championship game MVP

Old Cardinal
11-22-2009, 04:21 PM
1A Louise

2A Poth

3A Lucas-Lovejoy

4A Canyon Randall

5A Amarillo

Old Cardinal
11-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Someone related the following:

"Its almost impossible to beat these 1A-3A programs that are fed by club parents in bigger cities. Poth has an enrollment of 245 but yet every yr they have a roster of 10 or so girls 5 ft 8 or taller....It is what it is! Poth is 15 min outside of San Antonio...1A Windthorst is right outside of Wichita Falls. 2A Bushland is right outside Amarillo. Lovejoy is right outside the Allen/Plano area. People in the know knows what's going on! The club parents get together and move out and stack these schools...a lot of times when the kid is in middle school...Nothing can be done about."

...I have no idea if this is true but all the winners looked loaded with choice club players in every Classification.
Comments?

Looking4number8
11-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

"Its almost impossible to beat these 1A-3A programs that are fed by club parents in bigger cities. Poth has an enrollment of 245 but yet every yr they have a roster of 10 or so girls 5 ft 8 or taller....It is what it is! Poth is 15 min outside of San Antonio...1A Windthorst is right outside of Wichita Falls. 2A Bushland is right outside Amarillo. Lovejoy is right outside the Allen/Plano area. People in the know knows what's going on! The club parents get together and move out and stack these schools...a lot of times when the kid is in middle school...Nothing can be done about."

...I have no idea if this is true but all the winners looked loaded with choice club players in every Classification.
Comments?

I agree but it is what it is. I dont see how to stop people from moving somewhere. If the live there they should be allowed to play there.

I do have one question though? Pardon my lack of knowledge but I thought one team from each region played in the state tournament. Also I thought Monahans and Wimberly were both in Region 1 but werent both in the state tournament. I do realize I could be very off on this.. someone please inform me

Old Cardinal
11-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Monahans 3-3A & Wimberley 8-3A

Lucas-Lovejoy 13-3A & Caldwell 24-3A

Looking at the map it looks like Monahans I;
Lucas-Lovejoy II; Caldwell III; Wimberley IV

Looking4number8
11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Monahans 3-3A & Wimberley 8-3A

Lucas-Lovejoy 13-3A & Caldwell 24-3A

Looking at the map it looks like Monahans I;
Lucas-Lovejoy II; Caldwell III; Wimberley IV

If the volleyball regions are the same as football that is not the case. We play Wimberly in the region I semis this week and Monahans played Graham last week (both in region I) Also last year we beat Wimberly in the volleyball region tourn in Lubbock but this year Monahans knocked us out in the 2nd or 3rd round? It does not really matter, but I was just wondering

Old Cardinal
11-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Monahans played(in order) Brownwood, Dalhart, Burnet, Ablene Wylie to get to the State Tourney; while, Wimberley played--Aransas pass, La Feria, Needville & Fredricksburg
sounds like Region I & then Region IV to me? lol

Maybe they change the set up for Volleyball based on the number of teams, or something ???????

bulldog82
11-22-2009, 05:59 PM
wimberley played in newly formed district 30, which includes everything but football, because of new schools such as boerne and forney, that effected district 8 and 29 to form D30

Old Cardinal
11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks Bulldog 82

You win the prize as the most informed of all of us! :D

Looking4number8
11-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by bulldog82
wimberley played in newly formed district 30, which includes everything but football, because of new schools such as boerne and forney, that effected district 8 and 29 to form D30

Ok, that makes sense. I was just confused and uninformed as always. Thanks

Phil C
11-22-2009, 07:15 PM

Comments?

Old I have heard similar things about Poth but I am sure the UIL has kept an eye on them. The thing is they seem to get the best players in the area. I know that they get transfers from the best girls from area towns. I don't know if the parents move there or they have the girls move in with relatives or what. I had a friend from an area town close to Poth had a girl that was a very good volleyball player that decided to transfer to Poth. Also they hired a supt. whose daughter was a very good volleyball player but I am sure that was just a coincidence. :)

Old Cardinal
11-22-2009, 08:20 PM
I have always enjoyed your candid humor Phil C. lol
I looked on the UIL team program and POTH had 14 girls ranging from 5' 7" to 6' 2" and get this EIGHT of them are Sophomores and Freshman ranging up to 6' 2"s......get the picture
I would bet the Jr Hi transfers pouring in are tall also! Imagine that!

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 09:01 PM
idk if i buy this too much with poth...cause they are good in all girls sports....and i think the girl that was mentioned being the supt. daughter...was actually a stud basketball player..............im not crazy about club volleyball...hurts other sports more than and any other outside sports organization(jmo)...but really if your daughter was 5-9 or taller wouldn't you make the quick trip into a metro area a few times a week for club practice......?

be interesting to see how many girls on those rosters are multi-sport kids.

Old Cardinal
11-22-2009, 09:35 PM
To N. S.:

I am quit sure most play basketball and club...After all the basketball keeps then in shape for Volleyball in the off season.....LOL

Antec
11-22-2009, 09:49 PM
in the late 1980s poth had Gillingham sisters almost 7 foot tall

East Bernard beat them three years in a row winning state and heigth didn't make a difference. 1988-90-EB could have won sate in 3A and 4A two of those years they were that good

Winning 4A and 5 Tournaments

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 09:55 PM
To N. S.:

I am quit sure most play basketball and club...After all the basketball keeps then in shape for Volleyball in the off season.....LOL

yeah...but club volleyball conflicts too often with basketball track and softball.

turbostud
11-22-2009, 10:04 PM
I have always enjoyed your candid humor Phil C. lol
I looked on the UIL team program and POTH had 14 girls ranging from 5' 7" to 6' 2" and get this EIGHT of them are Sophomores and Freshman ranging up to 6' 2"s......get the picture
I would bet the Jr Hi transfers pouring in are tall also! Imagine that!

Maybe its just plain old good coaching. When I was in high school my sisters team had 4 girls 5'10 or taller and didnt get past regional final.

bwdaggie
11-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I agree but it is what it is. I dont see how to stop people from moving somewhere. If the live there they should be allowed to play there.

I do have one question though? Pardon my lack of knowledge but I thought one team from each region played in the state tournament. Also I thought Monahans and Wimberly were both in Region 1 but werent both in the state tournament. I do realize I could be very off on this.. someone please inform me

on a non-alignment year, last march 2009, UIL moved both wimberley and fredericksburg to region IV...they WERE in our region in the 2008 VB season...bwd beat wimberley in the regional semis & fred in the regional final.

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
on a non-alignment year, last march 2009, UIL moved both wimberley and fredericksburg to region IV...they WERE in our region in the 2008 VB season...bwd beat wimberley in the regional semis & fred in the regional final.

also canyon lake and ingram.

those teams and bandera and beorne were put in a non-football district.

wimbo_pro
11-22-2009, 11:32 PM
In my opinion, if the parents have moved to the town/area, and are within all rules and regulations set by the UIL...then I have no problem with families moving to places to have their daughters on a winning team. If a family finds it so important to them to move to that area, more power to them.

But cheating is another matter. This hasn't been mentioned in this thread, and shouldnt be, unless someone has facts to back up such an accusation.

M-town lobo fan
11-23-2009, 12:21 AM

Comments?

Finally someone spoke up!This doesnt only happen in volleyball its in most major sports,The UIL is blind!%95 of most championships come from Big Cities or Towns that live 15 minutes from a Big City ( Dallas,Houston,Austin,SanAntonio).How do us small towns that dont have a college or walmart even think about recruiting.

necks
11-23-2009, 09:23 AM
I'd love to get my hands on Poth's volleyball rosters before 1995 when club ball started to get popular. I bet you wont find this much heighth on their roster then. Its just not fair for a team that is made up of homegrown girls to run in to these stacked teams. Poth only had 1 state appearance before 95 and now has 11 since..hmmmm

NastySlot
11-23-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/Pirettes_already_thinking_about_a_repeat.html

Old Cardinal
11-23-2009, 02:17 PM
I really enjoyed the 1A team from Bronte.
There are 99 kids in the whole HS and had 45 girls to choose from total to make a VB team.

Could they play as a team? YES
They made it to the final and a HS in Louise with 160 enrollment took them out in four games.

Now these farmers and ranchers daughters know they will meet a few club players in the final four but they don't care--they just come to do the best they can to win state.

Bronte qualifies in football to play 6 man football but they choose to play up and play 11 man football. They said that way more boys get to experience MORE football at Bronte.

What a good attitude by folks and Uth from this dusty little western town.
GO LONGHORNS

tigerfan09
11-23-2009, 02:20 PM

Comments?

This is certainly not the case with this year's Class 1A Champion, Louise. I don't think a single Louise player is on a club team. They all come from farming families that don't have time for club sports. Louise is located about halfway between Houston and Victoria on US 59, so I doubt it is a hotbed for folks moving there.

Old Cardinal
11-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Louise had a great team for 1A.....I would think a club team from Edna or El Campo close by would want Amber Bain 5' 11" or Katie Brown 5' 10"-- they were excellent VB players.

bwdaggie
11-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Finally someone spoke up!This doesnt only happen in volleyball its in most major sports,The UIL is blind!%95 of most championships come from Big Cities or Towns that live 15 minutes from a Big City ( Dallas,Houston,Austin,SanAntonio).How do us small towns that dont have a college or walmart even think about recruiting.

i'm very confused lobofan...you guys have a huge club VB following starting in 5th or 6th grade don't you?...am i wrong?:confused: